Author Topic: A Statement on the East Moreland Terrorist Watch List  (Read 4988 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
A Statement on the East Moreland Terrorist Watch List
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »

STATEMENT REGARDING TERRORIST CONNECTIONS

In recent days it has been brought to the attention of the East Moreland Intelligence Services that the terrorist organisation known as the Bene Gesserit have held a function in Ui Cenneslaig which may have seen several international figures attend. The event was infiltrated by Major Alex Redfern who recorded video footage on a secret camera of the occasion. This is avaliable to view by any nations ambassadorial staff. We therefore believe nations should be aware that the following individuals should be placed under close scrutiny and considered potential terrorist sympathisers.

1. Musaevna Kadyrov , CEO of Kadyrov Industries a company based in Tamora

2. Consul Karpos Simonides, Head of the government of Royal Seleucid

3.  Sofia Aliena, Foreign Minister of Quintelia

4. Alys Arsenault, former "Grand Duchess of Marseille" and formerly connected to the organisation known as the Soroity of Materna, an organisation that attempted to seize control of Marseille.

5. Heinrich Wingert, Second CEO and Co-Owner of Wingert Building Corp from Neu Urburzis

6. Tesan Cikniye, representative of Lakhzovia.

7. Grand Preacher Brassicus II, Head of State of Cabbagelandiet

We would request those with official government members attending clarify the reasons for their attendance within the next 48 hours (OOC - Don't worry about time) or diplomatic action may be taken to prevent potential security risks.

Signed:- Head of EMIS.
East Moreland Intelligence Services.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: A Statement on the East Moreland Terrorist Watch List
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »

Statement from the Government
of the Lakhzov Republic

We can confirm that Minister Tesan Cikniye was present at this event and was there on behalf of the Lakhzov Government.

While we understand that the past actions of some sections of the religious group known as the Bene Gesserit have engaged in, or attempted to engage in, terrorist acts we believe that to fail to make a distinction between the actions of a group within a faith and the greater corpus of the faithful is inherently unjust.

We have often seen situations where a section within a religious, ideological or ethnic group turns to the ugly crime of terrorism; this however does not, and must not become a justification for the persecution of innocent members of said groups.

We note with interest that East Moreland has selected a small grouping of attendees to be listed while apparently not feeling any need to rain opprobrium upon the nations of Achkaerin, Vaguzia, Heyra and Ui Cenneslaig. All four of these nations have high profile members of Bene Gesserit families who were also in attendance at this event, which we hasten to point out was hosted in Ui Cenneslaig.

When we see East Moreland publicly denounce these other nations, then we will believe that their issue is one of genuine concern regarding 'Bene Gesserit terrorism' rather than an attempt to assert Morelandish diplomatic power over the targeted nations.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE

To the EMIS,

It is with my confusion and dismay that Sofia Aliena is listed in the terrorist watch list. I personally tasked her to do two things in the festival, get a few samples of the spice and familiarize herself with the Bene Gesserit's culture. As for any international laws, as far as I know, she and her bodyguards have not violated any of it and have been peaceful. I therefore request for the removal of Sofia's name in the watch list as no personal connections were made by her during the said event. I hope that this explanation provides the EMIS enough evidence that Quintelia is not helping any terrorist organization and is not sympathizing on any terrorist organization.

Respectfully Yours,

King Lapu

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »
To the EMIS,

I've been greatly confused and offended by your decision to put me on to your terrorist watchlist. I never even got to taste the Spice in the Spice Festival as I was late, and I've never been in any connection with any type of terrorist organization. What do you think I intend to do, send my muskets over to help some terrorists in another nation? Spending that money on a coat would be more beneficial to whatever you think I'm trying to do.

May Brassicus Prime show you the truth,

Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »

Dear Head of EMIS,

1) I am a worshiper of Materna. I am not nor have I ever been a member of the Sorority.

2) The Spice Harvest was hosted in a nation allied to East Moreland and a member of the CNN.

3) As I have not relinquished my titles, I am still Grand Duchess of Marseille albeit in exile.

4) With the poor showing of a so called intelligence branch, I request that you release the entire, unedited video so we confirm your assertations. Including the part where Mr. Redfern was manhandled off the estate.

5) For any other inquiries, please see my previous response. I believe it was recieved by your embassy in  Ui Cenneslaig.

Kind Regards,

Alys Arsenault
Grand Duchess of Marseille

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:33:00 PM »

STATEMENTS ON INTERNATIONAL RESPONSES

To Lakhzovia.

In recent months the Kingdom of East Moreland has on several occasions taken action to limit the threat of the Bene Gesserit terrorist group to our nation. This has seen us give several intelligence warning to other nations and any nation known to be hosting a Bene Gesserit training establishment has been placed on a list which sees extra travel checks carried out. We have on a number of occasions spoken out against these nations responses towards to faith aspects of the Bene Gesserit movement and have condemned them, most recently Princess Freya has publicly speaking out against Seaforth permitting a boarding school within their nation condemning the actions of a nation we consider a close ally.

To King Lapu

Should Minister Sofia Aliena hand over any of her own private footage of the event as well as agree to meet with a member of our nations intelligence service for a debriefing we shall consider her actions in attending the event merely an intelligence gathering operation not disimiliar to our own and gladly remove the lady from our watch list.

To   Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet

The Bene Gesserit faith have a history of infiltrating and influencing from within several nations and organisations as such your attendance at the said event can not be ruled out as an attempt by them to do this. We therefore at this time can not rule out the potential of this happening to your own nation and therefore view the lack of concern about the so called faith group as alarming. This is an organisation that attempted to steal radioactive waste from our nation for Helus only knows what intended target. We therefore naturally view anyone who willingly associates with them without good cause as potential threats.

To  Alys Arsenault

1) We are pleased to hear of anyone distancing themselves from the terrorist organisation known as the Sorority of Materna.

2) Our protests to Ui Cenneslaig have been well noted and travel restrictions are in place for their citizens as well as constraints on military co-operation.

3) We recognise the Republic of Marseille's registers of nobility as legally binding.

4) The unedited footage has already been made public to all recognised representatives of sovereign nations. Should the ambassador representing Marseille wish to view the footage they are more than welcome to make an appointment to do so.

5) Our embassy received no response from yourself worthy of concern.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »

to: EMIS

Your Kings Brother in Law is as much a Brat as my Nieces.

Tell his Wive to administer Parental Guidance if he can't behave himself properly in an open invite Party.

Else? We had a very public meeting between the Prince Regent, the King of UC, and Duke Corrino. And you only care now?

I have a dead Sister, two missing Brats and a disastrous Planning in Zimalia to bother with, go annoy someone else.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
To EMIS

I personally have not sent Sofia to take any footage of the said festival as a way of ensuring the privacy of her anf her event. I have also ordered a complete search of her belongings and phones, all of which contain no video or photographic evidences. However, I shall comply with sending Sofia for questioning and debriefing with three conditions: she shall not be in East Moreland for more than 30 hours, her safe transport to and from any location within the 30 hour limit will be insured, and she can have a Quintelian bodyguard with her at all times with the exception of during a one-on-one interogation, in which case tge said bodyguard shall not be farther than 5 meters from her. After this, we are hoping that Sofia can be removed from the watch list and there shall be no bad blood between our two governments. Thank yoi for your kind consideration and may God/Helus bless us all.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
To King Lapu

We thank you for your swift and supportive response.

We do not wish this to be an interegation and anyone you wish to be present may accompany Sofia. It was not our intention for her to travel to East Moreland for this debrief and it may occur in a venue such as our embassy in your nation or even in her own office. The key is that she is open to answering plainly questions put forward to her and volunteer information she may have discovered during her attendance of the event.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 03:07:13 AM »
To EMIS,

I would like to thank you for making this easier for both of us. Sofia shall be sent to the East Moreland embassy in Lungsod within the next six hours, along with a body guard of her choice. Should there be an incriminating evidence found, which I am confident that there won't be one, we shall reserve the right to put her on trial. Thank you and may God/Helus bless us both.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

OOC: Should we start a new thread on the interrogation or nah?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:30:24 AM by Major Jaws »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 09:08:15 AM »

Rokkenjiman Actions In Response To Morelander Statement

In light of the information provided by the East Moreland Intelligence Services the First Empire hereby announces that the above listed individuals will be placed upon the 'Persons of Concern Registry' as mandated by the Terrorist Enterprises Act. Individuals on the registry face travel restrictions to the First Empire, including the Imperial Overseas Dependency of Rishiri, and should expect any assets held in the First Empire to be frozen until further notice.

The involvement of Tesan Cikniye is of further concern to the First Empire. It is expected that the Empress shall discuss this matter with President Kadassa, however, until these concerns are resolved he will remain upon the Registry.

Ms. Arsenault is already accounted for in the Registry and as such should expect no changes in her status.

Furthermore, as so Decreed by Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice, the First Empire is implementing similar measures as those of East Moreland for the citizens of the following nations, regardless of existing visa agreements, due to the increased security risks presented by the Bene Gesserit presence in their nation:
  • Ui Cennselaig
  • Vaguzia
  • Achkaerin
  • Seaforth

That is all.

Jason Cole
Imperial Liaison For Diplomatic Affairs
Imperial Diplomatic Corps
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:46:59 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima