Author Topic: The Banker's Visit: Lakzhovia edition  (Read 2337 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
The Banker's Visit: Lakzhovia edition
« on: December 08, 2018, 11:19:25 PM »

To:- President Sachim Kadassa

I would like to first off, even if it's a tad late, congratulate your victory in this war on terrorism which has brought nothing but chaos and destruction everywhere it had left its mark, your well-needed persona is important for our side of the continent's stability and security it truly needs. Secondly, it's thus in the Swastrian government's opinion that now it's the appropriate time to widen our relations with the Lakzhovian State; it would be too many topics to go over in one message but it's common knowledge that you and I both know that it would entail everything from the diplomatics, economics, defence, immigration and so forth.

There's however something that should spark the Lakazhovian interest in particular: You see, the Swastrian train services and operations are quite frankly almost unparralleld in this world, as efficiency, punctuality and customer service are three of its most important corner stones and thus taking the train as much as possible is held dearly within the Swastrian spirit. However, trying to undertake a train journey to your country has proven to be quite the challenge, which is due to the different track systems and other bureaucracy on our parts and I do think it's correct to assume that the terrorism has decreased the amount of vital tourism, which surely needs to be brought up on full levels as previously. There's potentialy something we can do about that though...

I'm looking forward to be finally having the chance of personally meeting you in the Lakzhovian state, and may our countries' paths be aligned in one another full of prosperity and progress.

Elize Berenberg
Chancellor of the Royal Confederation of Swastria
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:19:31 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: The Banker's Visit: Lakzhovia edition
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »

Office of the President of
the Lakhzov Republic

To:- Chancellor Berenberg

I accept with heartfelt gratitude your congratulations for our recent victory over the forces of chaos which sought to tear our nation, and the wider region, asunder; we are appreciative of the ongoing solidarity shown to us by our regional neighbours as we seek to restore stability and security in our country.

We would be most happy to host you in Lakhzovia for high level discussions on future cooperation between our two countries, and I personally look forward to meeting you at your convenience.

May the blessings of Emet be with you.

Sachim Kadassa
President of the Lakhzov Republic

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
The Royal Confederation had kept itself relatively quiet during the Lakzhovian Civil War, not wishing to entangle itself in a dirty mess which could've gone wrong if an intervention were to have been made, from the point of the Swastrian government, although the Centre-right government under the leadership of Chancellor Berenberg made its opinion quite known on which side was favored most, more for the stability and security's sake rather than true affection for the regime itself.

The country's borders facing Lakzhovia had its security measures increased substantially, including the large presence of the Swastrian military making sure that any illegal migrant was not permitted to enter, especially out of the upper leadership's concern for terrorist attacks, which naturally gained intense criticism from the left-wing opposition throughout the country, as well as the liberal elements within the government. Even if Swastrian banking secrecy laws were taken seriously by the sector, Chancellor Berenberg had a few friends with connections to the various banks and they totally confirmed the fact that many wealthy Lakzhovians stashed their cash in secret bank accounts.

The Chancellor's entourage were to arrive in the capital city by plane; although they would have preferred to take the train service, the fact that there really wasn't any connection between the two contries was a notable one and thus forced them to spill out more CO2 in the atmosphere. Wearing a business suit fit for a lady, Elize checked through the important papers in her portfolio before making herself ready for the arrival; it would be interesting for sure if a state visit to Lakzhovia would gain any praise, criticism and the sorts from the people, both internationally and domestically at home.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »
Upon landing the Swastrian delegation were met by a Lakhzov welcoming party which ushered them into waiting government cars. They were soon making their way through the streets of New Nakim, the administrator sector of the city towards the Presidential Palace.

Arriving at last at their destination they were greeted by President Kadassa himself who waited for them in the lobby of the Palace itself.

"Welcome to Lakhzovia." he said beaming a smile at them "I trust your journey was smooth? I hear that you would have preferred to journey here by train, unfortunately as I am all too aware the rail links between us and our neighbours are somewhat lacking. Please, if you follow me to the roof terrace there is tea waiting for us."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »
"Likewise Mr. President, it's great to finally meet you at last." the Chancellor shook hands with the President with a complimentary smile. "The train services between our nations truly need to be connected once and for all, as much as air services are generally comfortable especially on short flights, it would be quite cost-effective and environmentally friendly for the common man with the former alternative, if properly handled naturally; please lead the way, I could use a cup of tea or two." Chancellor Berenberg gestured.

"Oh we almost forgot…" an aide came forth and held a crate, as the Chancellor opened the lid to reveal its contents. "The finest selection of wine from all parts of our country, suitable for different ocassions depending on the type, of course. They've been 'groomed' to last long." she said as her aide handed the crate over to a Lakzhovian counterpart. "Hope it'll be customed to your taste…" she ended.

"Is there anything the President wishes to bring up on the negotation table today?" the Chancellor asked as both of them proceeded upstairs to the terrace.