Author Topic: VNC - Valen News Corporation  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Valen

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Valen2023
VNC - Valen News Corporation
« on: September 30, 2023, 07:51:17 PM »

COMET SIGHTING SPLITS THE NATION

As people across the world have marvelled at the arrival of a comet known as NS-2013 it has been treated as scientifically significant by many across the globe however in the Realm of Valen the sighting has split the nation. The people of Valen largely follow two religions that are considered "sibling faiths" as they both share the majority of their beliefs. This split in religion has historically lead to a series of conflicts within the nation however for the past 120 years or so the nation has known peace thanks largely to a system of monarchy where the crown is shared between two families with he crown passing back and forth between the Wjidnal and Timbre families with each family coming from one of the two faiths. Ironically the already split nation has become more so today because of the comet. The followers of the Wijdnal family, who follow the Lucencia branch of the faith, have heralded the comet as a sign that their families head, Crown Princess Charlotte is to soon inherit the throne. One of the leading priests of the Wijdnal faith explained, "It is clear that King Willem is getting on in years however we wish him well. The comet is clear though that it is creating a beautiful scene across the sky and it is clear Lucencia is preparing us for a new era of beauty on Mundus. The comet is the signal." Meanwhile followers of the Scaedu faith, lead mainly by the Timbre family, believe it marks that King Willem's reign still has a long way to go. One of the Scaedu faiths priests stated "the streak of light in the sky is clearly marking more time in the King's life and reign. He was born in 1933 and in that year the comet would have made its way around Mundus. The comet is the gods way of showing they still wish our beloved Willem to sit on the throne."

King Willem has made no comment about the comet or its status as a religious sign. Crown Princess Charlotte though stated "The Gods will know exactly what this means and when they want us mortals to know I'm sure they'll tell us. As far as I'm concerned this is just on of those moments of cosmic beauty I'm delighted to be able to see. I'll be heading out with some friends tonight to watch the comet and have a little bit of a midnight picnic."

The nations main Science and Technology Insititue in New Scarabre will be tracking the comet over the next few days and sharing its imgary online via both its website and its social media.