Author Topic: The Outsiders Conference  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
The Outsiders Conference
« on: November 30, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »

To:- His Majesty King Kārlis IV of Chistopol
His Imperial Majesty Emperor Benson of Paracambi
His Majesty King Đurađ IV of The Drenovian Union

Since taking the throne of Cassiopeia it has come to my attention that there is an expectation by many nations that major treaties must be signed otherwise your nation is seen as something akin to an outsider. We believe that each nation on Mundus is sovereign over their own future and as such do not recognise the right of any power to tell us how to run our nations. As such I believe that we should seek bonds of mutual friendship between us in order to ensure that those with agendas designed to capitulate us to foreign ideals are not permitted to succeed in turning our nations into mere copies of their own. Should you be willing to accept my invitation I would like to invite you, or your representatives, to attend a meeting with myself and my Councillors in our capital of Golgagra.

We hope that you will accept our invitation and look forward to seeing you soon.

Blessings of the 12.

Queen Atalanta II of Cassiopeia

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
Re: The Outsiders Conference
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:38:47 PM »

To:- Her Majesty Queen Atalanta II

Chistopol found itself under occupation by Communists for many years and has no desire to allow our people to be controlled by other nations again. We do however value friendship and co-operation with as many nations as possible. We are therefore delighted to accept your request. While I am the King of the nation I act only as a figure head for my people and no law or agreement may pass without the approval of the people of my lands. As such I hope you will accept the presence of my son and heir Crown Prince Kārlis along with First Minister Darijus Laine as representatives of our nation.

Best Regards

King Kārlis IV of Chistopol

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 08:15:17 AM »

To:- Queen Atalanta II

Thank you for extending this invitation to us. While I would not consider ourselves an outsider we do absolutely agree with the sentiment that a perceived international set of values is made to dominate the agenda of global organisations. While we are happy to work with many of those who hold these views we believe that permitting nations to guide their own path is important. As such I shall happily attend your conference and look forward to meeting yourself and the other delegates.

Loa's Bless You

Emperor Benson of Paracambi
Head Hougon of the Vodou Faith

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »

Dear Queen Atalanta,

It would be a great honour to attend this purposed conference. Our Union is currently undertaking reviews of our stances in the world however it is very unlikely that I shall countenance our nation signing documents such as the MCUR or Uppsala Convention. While at this point I will not commit to any single path I look forward to seeing what you suggest.

Best Wishes

His Majesty King Đurađ IV
Grand Master of the Drenovian Order
Duke of Dabašnica

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »
When sending out invitations of the like Queen Atalanta had there was always the concern that either no-one would reply or even worse they flatly refused you. She was therefore pleased that all three of the nations had responded and even more exciting was the fact that at least from their letters she would be welcoming three Heads of State. For Atalanta it would show her people that Cassiopeia was taking steps to be more than just a nation casting off its old sad past.

Golgagra was the heart of the nation both metaphorically and geographically. The city sat almost perfectly in the center of the Realm and it contained all the HQ's of the nations major banks, businesses and government agencies. Just a few kilometers North to it sat the Complex of the Queen, a sprawling mass of buildings that to the uninitiated would seem to have been rather haphazardly placed but to the vast number of nobles, civil servants and domestic staff who called it home their was almost perfect logic to its lay out. Normally it would have played host to an event such as this but having only just recently hosted a huge reception for the ambassadors the Queen didn't want to put the staff there to a any more trouble preparing the vast site for such a visit. Instead the meeting was going to take place at the New Forum Building Despite its name it was over 100 years old but a fire 40 years ago had allowed some modernisation. It was used for public consultations and could be hired out by any for special occasions, the Queen had even attended a few weddings of friends at the venue. Atalanta rather liked the place as its spacious meeting rooms surrounded a beautiful circular forum which had a series of stepped rings that lead down to a small fountain. It was here the meeting would take place. Atlanata, like every other Cassiopeian had grown up with tales of the ancients engaging in endless debates and discussions around such forums as this and in her love for the days of old it had made her mind up. The Queen had arranged for cushions to be placed on the steps which would now double as seats and the sun, the late autumnal death of the warmth, was illuminating the forum. To the Queen the omens for the day seemed good.

The Princess Tasia, one the many cousins that the Queen had was allocated to welcome the arrivals at the cities airport. She was dressed as any member of the Celestial Family should on such occasions, a purple traditional dress with her silver wreath head-dress. Tasia didn't get to wear it very often and was rather enjoying the experience. She would perhaps have liked to be involved more with the day to day business of the Realm but as a cousin and from a family that already had many of her siblings in Celestial Service she knew the chances of that would be limited and so she would make the most of the day. She had various wreaths for the visiting guests, gold for King's and Emperors, silver for other royals and bronze for those such as Ministers and other diplomats. Each had the date of the meeting engraved one them and as each party arrived she placed the wreaths on their head in rank order completing each placement with a smile and a kiss on each cheek. "We are so happy that you have accepted the invitation." From that point Tasia would watch them go via cars through the city and out into the small groves that separated the bustling white building city centre from the suburbs where the forum building they would meet at stood.

As they arrived each party were shown through to the open circular forum where in her white robe and gold wreath. "Welcome to the Realm of Cassiopeia." she greeted the first guest warmly. "I hope you don't mind our venue. I'm partial to trying to keep alive some of our traditions and these forums are as Cassiopeian as they come." She mused as she showed the guests to the quarter of the circle that had been reserved for them.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 09:38:07 PM »
Emperor Benson was determined that now he had launched the Vodou faith onto the world stage his nation would soon have to also step forward and look beyond the Alucard bubble. He valued the co-operation they had fostered with Bakkermaya and Lodja but things should have progressed further only the two nations links to people like East Moreland probably drew them towards a more globalist outlook than Benson favoured. The new Queen from Cassiopeia now seemed a rather interesting proposition with this conference and so the Emperor hoped to make a good impression. He had been torn between dressing as a Hougon or in his more regal attire and seeing as he had been invited as Emperor and so the smart black suit, white shirt and black tie had won the fashion contest. The concession to his role as the head of the Vodou faith was the emblem sewn onto his jacket pocket indicating his devotion to the Loa. He had his brother Christian with him as well as his daughter Sophia both beginning to get more involved in the politics of the Empire. From outside his family he was joined by a Mambo, a young woman with a growing reputation for communicating with the Loa. Her name was Hadley Brownlow and the people of Aluhampton held her in high regard and while the Emperor may be head of the Vodou faith he still knew he had a lot to learn and so was pleased to be seen in the young womans company for important events such as this. The Empire's delegation was rounded off with the nations new Foreign Minister Sir Chandler Ridge, he was a man from Castries who had been educated in three countries, his own, Bakkermaya and Zimalia thus making him perhaps one of the more travelled members of the Empire's diplomatic teams. It had therefore been an easy appointment to promote him when the former incumbant had resigned.

The flight was rather uneventful and Benson found himself very much out of his depth discussing Vodou theology with Hadley who seemingly had an encyclopedic knowledge of the Loa. She was just finishing the story of Maman Brigitte as the aircraft touched down and the Emperor was sad to cut her colourful story short as duty called. He lead his delegation down to meet Princess Tasia and was rather surprised at the welcome gift but wore it proudly. He would make a note on having it stored carefully on his return so it could be used anytime that the Cassiopeians came to visit. "We were delighted to be invited" he answered the Princesses greeting before making his way to the waiting vehicles.

The building selected for the meeting wouldn't have looked out of place on one of the islands but he was rather puzzled by the set up of the meeting with no conference table. He did though admire the tradition and so was pleased to go along with it. "The location is unique, but then again so is your purpose, therefore it is perfect." Benson greeted the Queen and introduced his delegation with his daughter being last. "My daughter carries a gift for you on behalf of  our Empire." Sophia bowed and handed over a replica of a conch shell made out of Silver. "Traditionally the Conch was used a little like a bugle, a call to action, within our nation particularly by the islands. With you calling for such a meeting as this perhaps it is appropriate" Benson explained as Sophia handed it over. "We look forward to seeing what you have on the agenda." 

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »
The arrival of the Chistopolians would be somewhat more complex than that of the Paracambians. While Chistopol was a Kingdom and the royal family held a significant amount of influence they had no direct power and functioned mainly as just a figurehead within the nation. They were though responsible for helding kick the Commies out and that ensured the general public still wanted them around and therefore ensured they still had to be involved. It would though be First Minister Darijus Laine who would make the formal decisions but it would need to be done in such a way that the royal half of the delegation, Crown Prince Kārlis was not left out of the process.

With all this sensitive national politics taken into account it was the First Minister who was first to greet the Princess of Cassiopeia. "Your Highness we are thrilled to have this chance to meet with your cousin and see your nation." He bowed to the member of the Celestial Family and then turned to the Crown Prince who stood a few steps behind waiting patiently his hands behind his back. "Its my pleasure to introduce His Highness Crown Prince Kārlis who snapped his heels together and gave a stiff bow.

"Greetings Princess" he said rather coldly. "I am thrilled to make your acquaintance." His face did not seem like he was thrilled as his icey blue eyes barely showed any signs of interest in the Cassiopeian Princess. He seemed to relax a little as they made their way to the venue. Here was where he would the person who actually mattered in the guise of Queen Atalanta he doubted he would every meet this Princess again so didn't need to worry too much. The Crown Prince had expected some kind of Palace and found the lack of formality unnerving but he was happy his status as a Royal was respected as sometimes he felt slighted back home as his family began to lose influence. He proudly donned his gold wreath and presented Atalanta with a set of gold cast necklace charms in the shape of Panthers, his own national animal. He kept his eyes lowered as he spoke to her "Queen Atalanta we are pleased to be able to meet with you." He turned to face Emperor Benson, "And of course His Imperial Majesty. May today mark a new beginning for each of us."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 09:22:59 PM »
King Đurađ IV had not yet really experienced many overseas visits but now had high expectations. The Queen of Cassiopeia was someone interesting even though she was the follower of a ridiculous faith. The King believed that he had a duty to kickstart the rebirth of the Druantian Faith and that once he had a foothold with other nations the beauty of his religion would speak for itself and people would flock to their ways. At least that was the dream. The stronger he could make the Union then the more likely he would be in a position to help the Forest God reclaim Mundus and sadly for the time being he would need to work with those blind to the Forest God's ways.

The King had several advisers with him. He had attempted to ensure each of the 7 Orders were represented, naturally he was representing the Drenovian Order which was the largest of the Holy Orders, he had also brought with him his 2nd wife, Queen Jožica who was a high ranking member of the female only Order of Krešimira. While her husband had dressed in smart business attire the Queen was wearing her uniform from the Order where she served as a Legate in the Forest Management Agency. Her long green shirt was worn untucked with a belt around her waist made to resemble a forest vine, brown leather trousers and calf high boots completed the outfit that looked more like some medieval archers off duty outfit than a Queen's regal attire. Jožica was proud of her order though and her husband proud of her dedication. At the airport Jožica was excited to recieve the wreath as it went rather nicely with her outfit. She made sure to thank the Princess before joining her husband and the five other members of their delegation in the vehicles to the Forum.

While Jožica had taken a lead role meeting the Princess it was now her husband who would take the lead greeting Queen Atalanta. The fact they were meeting outdoors was in the view of Đurađ a blessing. The open air would be good for the Forest God to witness his efforts and anyone who enjoyed the outdoors for a meeting must be open to allowing the Forest God into their soul. Đurađ shook the Cassiopeian monarchs hand warmly before moving around the forum and greeting everyone else. He took a seat where shown and waited for his wife to sit next to him. "Before we begin it is customary when meeting friends in the great outdoors back home to say a prayer. I hope you will indulge us." He nodded to Jožica who stood and took the gold wreath off before pulling the hood of her shirt up to cover her blonde hair.

"Druantia, God of the Forest. You have given us life, you have given us all we need. We thank you today for allowing us to gather in friendship in lands far away from your magical glades and beautiful streams. We hope the work we do today pleases you and that it speeds the reclaiming of Mundus by your great Forest." With that the other Drenovians nodded their approval and the Queen retook her own seat having removed her hood and replaced the wreath.

"Thank you" the King kissed his wife on the cheek. "Queen Atalanta we are eager to here you explain your ideas to us."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 11:47:36 PM »
The Queen was unsure what to do when Queen Jozica began her prayers so simply stood and waited patiently for her to finish before beginning to speak. "Thank you Queen Jozica for starting us off by thinking about friendship. I think this is exactly the reason for us meeting. I have a fear, one I hope that is unfounded, that some of us around this table may perhaps find the art of making friends across Mundus a difficult thing. There is a long established order across the globe where certain standards are established by nations with clear agendas. The MCUR for example seeks to impose the ideals of liberal nations upon us. Yet here we have four nations, divided by faith, but united by our love for our traditions and ways that can not in good conscience sign the document for fear of turning our backs on our culture. Today we have sat in one place the religious leaders of three faiths, our own polythesic faith, Vodooism and Druantaism meanwhile I know the people of Chistpol hold their religion dear. We then see attempts to forge factions forcing nations to comply to various standards whether that is the CNN and their charter or the complexities of the Cross Straits bodies, each taking away the sovereignty of their members. It is my hope here today that we can do something new. We can find a way of our four nations working in unison while maintaining our own sovereignty."

With a nod an aide brought across armfuls of copies of the document the Queen had drafted.

Quote from: Draft Treaty

PREAMBLE

A nation's identity is governed by its ability to maintain its traditions, culture and sovereignty. In the modern era many nations have moved towards organisations, treaties and standards that erode such abilities. It is the belief of those nations that have signed this document that it is possible to maintain a nations own identity while also ensuring that they can work in unison with others in the pursuit of peace and prosperity for all citizens. As such the nations which have, through their own particular process, ratified this charter shall form the Sovereign Union of Nations (here after called the Union) and shall abide by its Articles.

ARTICLES
1. STRUCTURE

a) The Union shall consist of a number of sub-organisations each designed to foster co-operation in a specific field. These shall be classed either compulsory or optional.

b) Once a member of the Union a nation may opt in or out of Optional sub-organisations by giving 30 days notice.

c) The Union's main organisation is the Assembly of Sovereign Nations (ASN). This is a compulsory organisation. Each nation shall appoint an ambassador to this body which will base itself in a member nation for six months on a rotational basis. The order of this rotation shall take place in order of joining starting with the founder nations in alphabetical order.

d) No Compulsory sub-organisation may be created without the consent of all members[1]

e) No Optional sub-organisation may be created without the consent of the majority of members[2].

f) Upon foundation several sub-organisations shall be created and outlined in this charter. As additional sub-organisations are created their specific conditions shall be added to this charter.

2. THE ASSEMBLY OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS (ASN)

The Purpose of the ASN is to co-ordinate actions between member nations and to attempt to resolve disputes.

a) The ASN shall consist of one appointed delegate per nation.

b) The appointed delegate may change depending on the nature of the Assemblies session.

c) An appointed delegate may bring with them to discussions anyone deemed necessary for advising them.

d) Any adviser to the appointed delegate may address the Assembly.

e) Each session of the Assembly shall be overseen by a Chairperson who shall be appointed by the nation hosting the meeting but may not be their appointed delegate.

f) The ASN shall, when requested, seek to arbitrate in disputes between members. Should the chairperson's nation be involved in the dispute a new Chairperson must be appointed by the delegates. The ASN shall draft a proposal to peacefully solve the dispute and vote upon it. After voting the proposal must be approved by the nations in dispute.

g) The ASN may discuss any issue raised by an appointed delegate and if deemed appropriate by the membership draft a proposal or resolution. These are not binding upon members.

3. THE JOINT DEFENCE ASSOCIATION (JDA)

This is an optional sub-organisation and is aimed at promoting and supporting nations being capable of defending themselves.

a) The JDA shall consist of a retired military officer from each nation. They shall be called the JDA Officer

b) It shall be the duty of the JDA Officer to share relevant intelligence of impending attacks by either nations or terrorists. There shall be no compulsion to share intelligence if it is believed that by doing so a nations own security would be endangered.

c) The JDA Officers shall inform the Association of any impending military exercises their nation is to carry out so far as by doing so they do not endanger their exercises.

d) The JDA shall establish a network of preferred suppliers. These shall be companies from within the Union who are cleared to provide equipment and services to other members of the Union with streamlined paperwork.

e) The JDA nations shall host an annual joint exercise.

f) The JDA nations attempt to ensure at least 3.5% of GDP is allocated to matters of national defence.

4. THE FREE MOVEMENT ZONE (FMZ)

This shall be an optional organisation and is aimed at streamlining movement for the purpose of education, business and leisure.

a) The Zone shall admit any citizen from another members nation so long as the following criteria are meet.

i) The traveller holds a valid passport with at least six months left before expiry.
ii) The traveller holds a valid return ticket.
iii) The traveller can provide evidence if requested of being able to fund their stay without reliance on employment while in the host nation.
iv) The traveller can provide an address at which they can be contacted for the duration of their stay.
v) The traveller can demonstrate upon arrival if requested that they are a legitimate tourist, have been offered a place on an educational course lasting no more than five years or has been invited to conduct business meetings or negotiations.
vi) The traveller is not deemed a threat to national security.

b) Any traveller found to be in breach of any of article 4a is to be immediately deported.

c) Any traveller committing a crime which would carry a prison sentence of greater than two years in the nation the crime is committed may be immediately deported and their native nation shall carry out the imprisonment.

d) Each member nation shall ensure airlines from other member states have sufficient access to ensure travel opportunities are encouraged.

e) Each member nation shall require any traveller staying for longer than six months to register with local authorities at regular intervals.

5. THE FREE TRADE AUTHORITY (FTA)

The FTA is an optional organisation.

a) The FTA shall aim to move member nations to trading without tariffs being in place between them.

b) The FTA shall seek to have tariffs for member nations at a lower level than for non-member nations.

c) FTA members agree to each appoint a delegate to the Authority Working Group which shall oversee the aims of a) and b)

d) FTA members agree that they shall not undertake any practice or action designed at weakening the economy of any other member nation.

e) The FTA shall deem any product in which 75% of the manufacturing process is undertaken in member nation as being a "Native Product"

f) Native Products may, so long as they comply with local health and safety laws, enter any member nation with no tariffs so long as they are then moved to a third member nation within 30 days.

6. THE HEAD OF STATE'S COUNCIL

The Council is a compulsory organisation.

a) The Council shall consist of each members Head of State or their appointed representative.

b) The Council shall meet once a year. The venue for the meeting shall be by rotation between members starting with the first founding nation alphabetically.

c) The host nations Head of State of appointed represenatative shall Chair the Council.

d) The Council shall meet to discuss any changes or amendments to this charter.

e) Should a situation arise where a meeting of the Council is deemed neccessary sooner than once a year this can be triggered by the ASN passing a resolution to do so.

f) Only this Council may expel a nation from the Union and this shall be by a 3/4 majority vote.[3]

7. MEMBERSHIP

a) Any Nation on Mundus may apply for membership of the Sovereign Union of Nations. This application must be in the form of a letter from their Head of State stating their reasons for joining and nominating a representative to meet with ASN delegates of those already members.

b) Upon their application being received ASN delegates shall discuss the application and vote upon whether to reject or admit the candidate.

c) Should two existing members request a review of an application the potential new member shall be invited to meet with the ASN delegates prior to any vote taking place.

d) A simple majority of voting members is required for admission to be granted.[4]

e) A nation may leave the Union at any time with 48 hours notice.

f) All nations must, before applying, ensure they fulfill the following criteria.

i) They have in place through a national constitution or other similar means legislation clearly explaining to their citizens their rights and responsibilities as citizens.

ii) They have in place for their military training dedicated to military ethics.

iii) They have or will publicly state their recognition of sovereign borders of Mundus in accordance with what is referred to as the Cassiopeian Standard Geopolitical Map[5]

iv) They have or will publicly state their recognition of each sovereign nation as identified on the Cassiopeian Standard Geopolitical Map having exclusive economic access to seas 200 nautical miles from its coastline. In situations where this would clash with another nations zone the midpoint is to be considered to designate exclusivity.[6]

g) As part of the admission process it is not permitted to insist on nations changing any of their documents pertaining to f)

8. DECLARATION

The nations signed below declare that on the date XX/XX/XX in the Cassiopeian city of Golgagra they have agreed to those articles outlined above. They recognise that by affixing their signature the Articles outlined above shall come into force 21 days from their signatures. They further declare that they shall in the future reach no agreement that shall go against the spirit of this charter.

1. OOC -It is assumed that after 7 days of a vote being started anyone not voting has voted with the majority of voting members
 2. OOC- a period of 3 days will be given for votes to be cast and a majority of those cast in time will be considered as being sufficent
 3. Taken from those voting within 72 hours.
 4. OOC- a period of 3 days will be given for votes to be cast and a majority of those cast in time will be considered as being sufficent
 5. OOC-This will be the Regional Map as made by Achkaerin, IC - Imagine this being the official school text book for Geography in Cassiopeia or something
 6. Essentially UNCLOS but without us signing the FSC

"I welcome your suggestions. I hope I have managed to create something that will act as an evolving foundation helping draw us together while at the same time giving each of us freedom to still pursue our own paths in the world."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:12:51 PM by Cass »

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 08:33:11 AM »
Crown Prince Kārlis felt slighted as First Minister Darijus Laine began to respond after minimal consultation between the two men.

"Queen Atalanta" he spoke as he stood unsure whether it was required to stand while speaking but feeling like it would make those on the opposite side of the forum more able to hear him. "I admire what you are seeking to do with this Charter and I fully support its aims. "Unlike the others in this meeting though I represent a nation where the power of the monarchy is not final. As such I would like to explore the proposal for the Head of States Council. For our nation His Majesty King Kārlis is our Head of State but beyond acting as a figure head and rubber stamping any passed legislation he is merely an adviser. It is the position of First Minister that would be representing us at any such Council meeting. I therefore propose we call it the National Leaders Council and the following change of Article A be made

Current text =  The Council shall consist of each members Head of State or their appointed representative.

Proposed text = The Council shall consist of each members constitutionally recognised decision maker on foreign affairs or their appointed representative.

"That would ensure that it is therefore our First Minister who determines who attends rather than the monarch."

The Crown Prince wet his lips before beginning. "Such an amendment would merely serve to embarrass the royal family." He said his eyes focusing on Queen Atalanta while ignoring the First Minister. "By the constitution of our land the King must pass any decision relating to who to send to such events on to Mr.Laine here anyway thus in effect bringing about what he proposes by a circumnavigationous route."

The First Minister had expected the Crown Prince to be awkward but not in public. "The idea Your Highness is to ensure we protect such problems for nations with perhaps a less clearly defined relationship between monarch and parliament so to speak from causing internal disputes, we're protecting the organisation Queen Atalanta would propose from future issues as membership potentially grows. As things stand I think I would have a tricky time getting the current idea of it being the monarch who controls who attends through the Chamber of the People therefore Your Celestial Majesty it would be useful to have the amendment." 

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
King Đurađ carefully examined the document and watched as the Chistopol power struggle took place much to his amusement. The Union was a nation with long standing heirachies of authority and he knew such blatant opposition to his power wouldn't cross the minds of those he had brought with him. One of those was Oliver Jugovac, a Quaster of the Huntsman Order and a respected lawyer back within the Union. "Your Majesty" Jugovac kept his voice low as he leaned forward to place his mouth close to the ear of the King who was sat in front of him. "While I think we could persuade the Orders that this is a good idea I believe like any organisation it will only be as strong as its membership. We've seen several international agencies and organisations fail because once past the charter creation stage things just don't work. I think therefore we should ensure that should things head south we can exit with minimal impact. I'd push for a clause be inserted saying that should a nation withdraw then those who took advantage of the travel sections can be asked to leave. Additionally I'd ask for any tariff arrangements to be unanimous in their creation[1]."

The King nodded. "I also have a view about this constant movement for assemblies and the like. If we are members we will have to spend considerable sums finding a HQ for their time in the Union as well as moving everything every six months. I think the Union may not yet be ready to be a home to such a body so I would not nominate us."

"I concur" Jugovac sat back and watched as the King stood and relayed their conversation in perhaps more diplomatic terms.

"Your Majesty we would have no issue with the First Minister of Chistopol's proposal. As for our own suggestions we would like it established that once a member leaves anyone utilising the right of entry in Article 4a may have their right to stay terminated with reasonable notice, say 7 days. I would also like to suggest that while the Chairperson may rotate the hosting venue should not. Logistically we're going to have large teams of ambassadors and security, administrators and the whole infrastructure that will go along with a body such as this. Moving all that every six months is going to be disruptive and take some time to settle down after each move. I would perhaps suggest that seeing as Queen Atalanta suggested we meet in the first place any such HQ would be based here in Cassiopeia, naturally we would all share the running costs."
 1. OOC- Set times for voting, unanimous will be considered to be between those who cast votes.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 01:17:39 PM »
Emperor Benson suspected the various island Principalities would like this agreement. They had been building an economy based on tourism and this agreement would allow millions of people to gain easy access to these resorts in the Tropical sunshine they had been constructing ready for them. He liked the idea that was being put forward but had one concern. "My concern is that we have different sub-organisations which is fine with me. We however have some which will be optional and others than are compulsory, that means at present 2/5ths of the organisation are compulsory and therefore I fear in its infancy we may get people not fully committed to the idea. I would be comfortable to see this become 4/5th being compulsory, I propose therefore that Trade and Free Movement are included as compulsory."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »
The fact that from the initial sounding out there seemed like little opposition to the Queen's initial idea. It was her first attempt at anything big internationally and her biggest fear was fading, there would be some kind of agreement she predicted, unless of course she royally screwed up in the next few minutes. She took a deep breath and prepared to speak. "Well Emperor Benson I naturally intended on Cassiopeia joining each of the parts. My rationale behind not making them all compulsary is that we all have different agendas for our nations. I don't want this to be something that is too prescriptive. Should the other three of you wish to join all parts of this then I suspect we could get by making them compulsory elements. Perhaps the best way of determing  this is that we say any of the proposed five organisations that all founder members join are compulsory while any that we don't all join is optional. Naturally the Assembly of Sovereign Nations and the Head of State Council" here she paused and smiled at the First Minister of Chistopol before continuing, "Or whatever we determine it to be. These two need to be compulsory."

She hoped that would find a compromise for the issue Benson had raised and now she turned to the matter raised by Chistopol. "First let me apologies for not being as familiar with your nations processes as perhaps I should. I see no reason why Chistopol's amendment can't be included if that is what they require in order for it to fit their system of government." She tried to gauge the Chistopolians response to what she had just said before addressing the points made by the King of Drenovia.

" I personally would ask that we give more notice before ending the rights to travel of those already within a nation. Perhaps a fair compromise would be that within 7 days of someone withdrawing then their citizens lose the right to travel utilising the conditions we outlined. Although if we make membership of this process compulsory then obviously that means the only people who would be leaving that aspect of the organisation would be no longer connected to us. Perhaps we should first work out do people want the travel section to be included as compulsory or not. If it is compulsory then we have no issue, if it is optional then I would suggest perhaps a 7 day grace period for new arrivals and say a 21 day period for those who entered under the conditions to get their arrangements in order?"

"Now as for HQ I wanted a rotational one to be symbolic that we are not an organisation with a hierarchy of our members. Now I fully understand the points made by King Durad and should the others share his point of view I'd be honoured to have our Realm host, however I would still like the Head of State's Council, or whatever we name it rotate between nations so that we can be seen as being multi-national."

She paused for a moment thinking of how to proceed. "Can I suggest we first each state which organisations we want to make compulsory and which optional. Once we have that worked out we can negotiate the particulars of each part. We can also each state if we accept the Chistopol amendment. Perhaps then when we have the charter worked out we can discuss location?" she waited for the responses.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 10:01:34 PM »
Đurađ's wife Queen Jožica was beginning to like Atalanta. She was clearly capable of leadership and she was walking a fine line with the Chistopol delegation well. After the host Queen finished her responses to each parties suggestions the Drenovians quickly discussed matters before Jožica addressed the group with Đurađ nodding his approval of her speaking. "As a representative of the Holy Orders we think we could persuade our membership to back our King if he were to join all of the organisations that currently stand." Having publically given the word of the various orders to support the King in what would be a first for the nation it was now the turn of Đurađ to stand.

"With that now being on the record I support the proposals of Queen Atalanta. We adopt the Chistopol amendment, the compromise of 7 days notice before travel freedoms end, 21 days for those within to make arrangements. It would be my intention for the Union to join all organisations as suggested in the original charter."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »
Before speaking Benson looked once more over the document.

"Paracambi is happy to join all these organisations and believes that all but the Defence aspect should be compulsory, we however will be joining that so should others think it should be compulsory we will not challenge that stance. We also support Cassiopeia housing the organisation with support from members as well as the Chistopol amendment to the Head of State Council." 

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 10:34:57 PM »
First Minister Darijus Laine could see a look of irritation on the face of Crown Prince Kārlis. It seemed there was no support for the King being given a say in this and to the Crown Prince that was just one more show of disrespect for his father. The First Minister addressed the assembled group. "I thank you for accepting my amendment. I am confident that with such a thing in place I can easily ensure this passes through our various assemblies and councils to recieve the rubber stamping of His Majesty King Kārlis." The First Minister looked towards the Crown Prince to have him confirm the act.

"I think with the amendment in my father will afix his signature only to fulfil his obligation. While I do not wish to bog this meeting down with national politicing I think this is aimed as a slight against my father who is deserving of more. With that on the First Minister's record I can confirm my father will sign the agreements reached here into law." The Crown Prince made little secret by his tone of his annoyance with the whole matter. 

There was a moment of awkward silence as the First Minister turned back to face the group with a sly smile on his face. "As for the other matters, we intend to join all parts of the charter and I think all should be compulsory. I can confirm that we would support financially a HQ in Cassiopeia but on condition that there is a cap to its budget each year. If that is agreeable we shall support it."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 10:25:10 PM »
"Very well it seems we are making excellent progress." The Queen sound as she wondered whether all four nations would end up signing as it now seemed the split between royals and the subjects of Chistopol ran deeper than even she thought. It took a while for the various changes to be made to the document but then it arrived ready to be re-examined

PREAMBLE

A nation's identity is governed by its ability to maintain its traditions, culture and sovereignty. In the modern era many nations have moved towards organisations, treaties and standards that erode such abilities. It is the belief of those nations that have signed this document that it is possible to maintain a nations own identity while also ensuring that they can work in unison with others in the pursuit of peace and prosperity for all citizens. As such the nations which have, through their own particular process, ratified this charter shall form the Sovereign Union of Nations (here after called the Union) and shall abide by its Articles.

ARTICLES
1. STRUCTURE

a) The Union shall consist of a number of sub-organisations each designed to foster co-operation in a specific field. These shall be classed either compulsory or optional.

b) Once a member of the Union a nation may opt in or out of Optional sub-organisations by giving 30 days notice.

c) The Union's main organisation is the Assembly of Sovereign Nations (ASN). This is a compulsory organisation. Each nation shall appoint an ambassador to this body which will base itself in a member nation for six months on a rotational basis. The order of this rotation shall take place in order of joining starting with the founder nations in alphabetical order.

d) No Compulsory sub-organisation may be created without the consent of all members[1]

e) No Optional sub-organisation may be created without the consent of the majority of members[2].

f) Upon foundation several sub-organisations shall be created and outlined in this charter. As additional sub-organisations are created their specific conditions shall be added to this charter.

The ASN is a compulsary organisation. The purpose of the ASN is to co-ordinate actions between member nations and to attempt to resolve disputes.

b) The appointed delegate may change depending on the nature of the Assemblies session.

c) An appointed delegate may bring with them to discussions anyone deemed necessary for advising them.

e) Each session of the Assembly shall be overseen by a Chairperson who shall be appointed by the nation hosting the meeting but may not be their appointed delegate.

f) The ASN shall, when requested, seek to arbitrate in disputes between members. Should the chairperson's nation be involved in the dispute a new Chairperson must be appointed by the delegates. The ASN shall draft a proposal to peacefully solve the dispute and vote upon it. After voting the proposal must be approved by the nations in dispute.

g) The ASN may discuss any issue raised by an appointed delegate and if deemed appropriate by the membership draft a proposal or resolution. These are not binding upon members.

This is an optional sub-organisation and is aimed at promoting and supporting nations being capable of defending themselves.

a) The JDA shall consist of a retired military officer from each nation. They shall be called the JDA Officer

b) It shall be the duty of the JDA Officer to share relevant intelligence of impending attacks by either nations or terrorists. There shall be no compulsion to share intelligence if it is believed that by doing so a nations own security would be endangered.

c) The JDA Officers shall inform the Association of any impending military exercises their nation is to carry out so far as by doing so they do not endanger their exercises.

d) The JDA shall establish a network of preferred suppliers. These shall be companies from within the Union who are cleared to provide equipment and services to other members of the Union with streamlined paperwork.

f) The JDA nations attempt to ensure at least 3.5% of GDP is allocated to matters of national defence.

This shall be a compulsary organisation and is aimed at streamlining movement for the purpose of education, business and leisure.

a) The Zone shall admit any citizen from another members nation so long as the following criteria are meet.

i) The traveller holds a valid passport with at least six months left before expiry.
iii) The traveller can provide evidence if requested of being able to fund their stay without reliance on employment while in the host nation.
iv) The traveller can provide an address at which they can be contacted for the duration of their stay.
v) The traveller can demonstrate upon arrival if requested that they are a legitimate tourist, have been offered a place on an educational course lasting no more than five years or has been invited to conduct business meetings or negotiations.

b) Any traveller found to be in breach of any of article 4a is to be immediately deported.

c) Any traveller committing a crime which would carry a prison sentence of greater than two years in the nation the crime is committed may be immediately deported and their native nation shall carry out the imprisonment.

d) Each member nation shall ensure airlines from other member states have sufficient access to ensure travel opportunities are encouraged.

e) Each member nation shall require any traveller staying for longer than six months to register with local authorities at regular intervals.

The FTA is a compulsary organisation.

a) The FTA shall aim to move member nations to trading without tariffs being in place between them.

b) The FTA shall seek to have tariffs for member nations at a lower level than for non-member nations.

c) FTA members agree to each appoint a delegate to the Authority Working Group which shall oversee the aims of a) and b)

d) FTA members agree that they shall not undertake any practice or action designed at weakening the economy of any other member nation.

e) The FTA shall deem any product in which 75% of the manufacturing process is undertaken in member nation as being a "Native Product"

f) Native Products may, so long as they comply with local health and safety laws, enter any member nation with no tariffs so long as they are then moved to a third member nation within 30 days.

6. THE REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL

a) The Council shall consist of each members individual responsible for making foreign policy decisions or their appointed representative.

b) The Council shall meet once a year. The venue for the meeting shall be by rotation between members starting with the first founding nation alphabetically.

c) The host nations appointed representative shall Chair the Council.

e) Should a situation arise where a meeting of the Council is deemed necessary sooner than once a year this can be triggered by the ASN passing a resolution to do so.

f) Only this Council may expel a nation from the Union and this shall be by a 3/4 majority vote.[3]

7. MEMBERSHIP

a) Any Nation on Mundus may apply for membership of the Sovereign Union of Nations. This application must be in the form of a letter from their Head of State stating their reasons for joining and nominating a representative to meet with ASN delegates of those already members.

b) Upon their application being received ASN delegates shall discuss the application and vote upon whether to reject or admit the candidate.

c) Should two existing members request a review of an application the potential new member shall be invited to meet with the ASN delegates prior to any vote taking place.

d) A simple majority of voting members is required for admission to be granted.[4]

f) All nations must, before applying, ensure they fulfill the following criteria.

i) They have in place through a national constitution or other similar means legislation clearly explaining to their citizens their rights and responsibilities as citizens.

ii) They have in place for their military training dedicated to military ethics.

iii) They have or will publicly state their recognition of sovereign borders of Mundus in accordance with what is referred to as the Cassiopeian Standard Geopolitical Map[5]

iv) They have or will publicly state their recognition of each sovereign nation as identified on the Cassiopeian Standard Geopolitical Map having exclusive economic access to seas 200 nautical miles from its coastline. In situations where this would clash with another nations zone the midpoint is to be considered to designate exclusivity.[6]

g) As part of the admission process it is not permitted to insist on nations changing any of their documents pertaining to f)

8. DECLARATION

The nations signed below declare that on the date XX/XX/XX in the Cassiopeian city of Golgagra they have agreed to those articles outlined above. They recognise that by affixing their signature the Articles outlined above shall come into force 21 days from their signatures. They further declare that they shall in the future reach no agreement that shall go against the spirit of this charter.

1. OOC -It is assumed that after 7 days of a vote being started anyone not voting has voted with the majority of voting members
 2. OOC- a period of 3 days will be given for votes to be cast and a majority of those cast in time will be considered as being sufficent
 4. OOC- a period of 3 days will be given for votes to be cast and a majority of those cast in time will be considered as being sufficent
 5. OOC-This will be the Regional Map as made by Achkaerin, IC - Imagine this being the official school text book for Geography in Cassiopeia or something

"I believe the changes are all in line with what we have discussed. Now does anyone have any parts they wish to add, clauses, new sub-organisations, I am open to ideas." Queen Atalanta opened the floor once more.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 11:20:39 PM »
"To me the document looks fine." King Đurađ pronounced himself satisfied. "I have a suggestion though for a additional sub-organisation. In the Union we have narrowly avoided issues brought on by the Yellowtongue issue. I think largely down to the fact that much of our agriculture takes place on the islands and so has been insulated against infections however I know other nations like Fleur and East Moreland have taken significant action against it in their own nations and have worked co-operatively. There shall come a time when perhaps a global outbreak of something impacting humans takes place and therefore perhaps we could create the SUNDAC (Sovereign Union of Nations Disease Advisery Committee) as a conduit for sharing information on disease spread and other medical issues. I would suggest perhaps the following."

Quote from: Proposal

The SUNDAC shall be an optional organisation and shall exist to track spreads of disease and foster co-operation in preventing transmissions and finding solution.

a) SUNDAC shall have an appointed liaison officer in each nation.

b) The Liaison officer shall be tasked with communicating incidents of high infection of any disease.

c) SUNDAC nations shall share data regarding any outbreaks.

d) SUNDAC nations agree that should liaison officers agree that an outbreak of disease in multiple countries is connected all SUNDAC nations shall co-operate in finding suitable cures and preventions.

e) SUNDAC nations agree that in the event of a global outbreak they will permit medically trained appointed individuals nominated by the liaison officers to visit and conduct their own data and sample gathering in so far as they do not interfere with the home nations procedures. Furthermore these visitors agree to make any data and details of samples available to the host nation prior to leaving.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
"From my stance I wouldn't want too many sub-organisations. I believe they should grow organically as we move the organisation along. We may end up with many sub-organisations when in reality the work they do may be so infrequent that it would be something the Assembly could work on or put in place something that could support whatever the agency is. We have seen in the past large organisations like the CTO and CMA fail because they tried to do too much and ended up doing too little. We must not allow the SUN to do the same before its even taken its first breath. I therefore believe that if we permit SUNDAC that should be it for now." Emperor Benson hoped he hadn't offended.

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 10:22:01 PM »
There was a brief discussion between First Minister Darijus Laine and Crown Prince Kārlis. "Mr.Laine" the Crown Prince spoke in low tones. "I know you wish to perhaps amend this for even the letter of application, however with respect you have diminished my father's position already here today and that amendment you would now consider makes no difference to Chistopol other than to reaffirm your Republican stance which thankfully the nation does not yet support." The Crown Prince noted that the First Minister seemed unconcerned about his words.

"With respect Your Highness I don't want a Republic, I just don't want the monarchy to have any actual power. Your father is a great figurehead of the nation but he serves the people not vice versa. As for in the future it remains to be seen if future monarchs can be so deserving of respect." The First Minister had no wish to air this once more here. "We shall support Emperor Benson's approach" the Minister indicated that perhaps the Crown Prince would like to take the lead on this and as minor an olive branch as it was the Crown Prince accepted it.

The Crown Prince stood before addressing the others. "Having conferred we believe that the approach adopted by Emperor Benson is one that we should all support. You can therefore expect Chistopol to take the same stance as Paracambi moving forward. With this in mind we should perhaps move to making this a reality if no one has another amendment."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
With it appearing that Chistopol had not descended into some kind of melt down Queen Atalanta gave a sigh of relief. When she had sent her invitations out she had hoped to at least get something positive from the process no matter how small. She now though seemed to have secured something that could be rather significant for years to come. She mused for a moment or two how just a few years ago such an agreement would never have been possible with the Junta in place instead now they'd hopefully just made three friends in one day.

"This is excellent news. We shall add SUNDAC to our list of sub-organisations as an optional one, though we shall be a member as I think its an excellent addition. It also seems that we are all satisfied that the SUN is ready to be signed into existence so perhaps we should have one final glance at the proposal and a simple yes or no as to whether we are in."

PREAMBLE

ARTICLES
1. STRUCTURE

The ASN is a compulsary organisation. The purpose of the ASN is to co-ordinate actions between member nations and to attempt to resolve disputes.

This shall be a compulsary organisation and is aimed at streamlining movement for the purpose of education, business and leisure.

The FTA is a compulsary organisation.

6. SOVEREIGN UNION OF NATIONS DISEASE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SUNDAC)

The SUNDAC shall be an optional organisation and shall exist to track spreads of disease and foster co-operation in preventing transmissions and finding solution.

a) SUNDAC shall have an appointed liaison officer in each nation.

b) The Liaison officer shall be tasked with communicating incidents of high infection of any disease.

c) SUNDAC nations shall share data regarding any outbreaks.

d) SUNDAC nations agree that should liaison officers agree that an outbreak of disease in multiple countries is connected all SUNDAC nations shall co-operate in finding suitable cures and preventions.

e) SUNDAC nations agree that in the event of a global outbreak they will permit medically trained appointed individuals nominated by the liaison officers to visit and conduct their own data and sample gathering in so far as they do not interfere with the home nations procedures. Furthermore these visitors agree to make any data and details of samples available to the host nation prior to leaving.

7. THE REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL

a) The Council shall consist of each members individual responsible for making foreign policy decisions or their appointed representative.

c) The host nations appointed representative shall Chair the Council.

e) Should a situation arise where a meeting of the Council is deemed necessary sooner than once a year this can be triggered by the ASN passing a resolution to do so.

8. MEMBERSHIP

9. DECLARATION

Cassiopeia naturally votes yes.

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 11:36:48 PM »
Chistopol agrees subject to ratification back home.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 11:46:16 PM »
Paracambi says yes

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 09:50:30 PM »
King Đurađ stood and motioned for the rest of the Drenovian delegation to do the same and in unison with the King they began to clap, "Congratulations Your Majesty" the King said over the rest of the applauding leaders of the various Orders. "Let me be the first to congratulate you on putting together Mundus' newest multi-national arrangement." The King was pleased that his idea of the medical organisation had been approved as it meant that when he returned home he could spin the media the line that he had essentially co-authored the whole thing and that would show he was a true diplomat. "Perhaps then we should make the public announcement?" The King was aware an agreement in principle had been released to the media but now he'd rather like some kind of grand public signing ceremony but that was something in the hands of Queen Atalanta.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 12:26:30 AM »
Queen Atalanta was rather pleased with how things had gone. She would now be able to brag of doing more in her short reign than the Junta had in around a decade. It was important now that they be seen as presenting a united front as other than their unified dismissal of international demands upon their homes the four nations had little in common. Drenovia was a nation steeped in a militant religious orders history, Chistopol a nation torn between monarch and parliament while Paracambi was the sole outpost of Vodou on Mundus. Perhaps though it was the fact each had faced their own oppresses through their history, Cassiopeia the most recent with the Junta, Chistopol and the Communists, Drenovia and its ancient struggle with Christianity and of course Paracambi's attempts to topple the slave trade. It was perhaps this that guided them to where they were now which was a rapidly changed forum space.

In just half an hour the staff at the  New Forum Building had installed rows of seats in the circular space with a long table now standing on the top step at the main entrance way. The media had been permitted to file in and take their seats as the sun began to drop towards the horizon. The table had laid on it four copies of the document in a special leather binder. Within the spiral bound tome was copies in the principle languages of each nation. The media were seated and then each delegation entered. They were each announced by one of Queen Atalanta's household and guided to one of the seats arranged in alphabetical order left to right. There were two seats for each nation. This was done to accomodate how Queen Atalanta believed Chistopol would approach this and therefore allowing both their First Minister and CrownPrince to sit together. The Queen had invited her youngest sister Lady Lena to fill the second chair from the Realm. The young Lady was 17 years of age and yet to enter the Celestial Family as a Princess officially however only recently she had been acknowledged as being a descendant of Poseidon and so in preparation for her official crowning as a Princess she had to learn about the inner workings of government and what better way than attending this ceremony.

The protocol would be simple enough each person affixing their signature would sign their book then pass it to the right while someone would ferry the one reaching the right hand side of the table back to the left. This would continue until all four books had all four signatures in. Atalanta held her pen over the document. "Thank you for coming. Today I am proud that we four nations have agreed to form a body that shall promote international co-operation while nations maintain their own ability to determine their own future which best suits the needs of their people. When I assumed the throne I was nervous that as a nation which does not enjoy the idea of allowing other nations to determine how we conduct business and how we must act we may find it difficult to make a path in a Mundus dominated by major treaties. Today though I am happy to say we do not stand alone in that regard. The deal we have put in place today serves as no threat to any nation and we hope can become a driving force for each one of our citizens having a better standard of life." With that she inked her name and handed the book to the right. 

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
Benson sat and waited for his cue to add his own name. "I'd like to thank Queen Atalanta for arranging this and I ask the Loa watching over us all today to help us carry out work that would make them proud. Here is to the future." He affixed his own signature and handed the book he had just signed along.

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2020, 10:00:25 PM »
During the time it took for Queen Atalanta to set up the media scrum the duo of representatives from Chistopol got together inside. "The charter will require my father's signature so I should sign it on his behalf." The Crown Prince demanded in the tone much like that expected from a sulking child.

"Your father can sign whatever he likes however it will not become reality until the people have given their ascent via the democratically elected body."  First Minister Darijus Laine smirked. "I will however allow a compromise. I shall address the media and you shall sign the document with your name but must add on behalf of the people of Chistopol. Otherwise I will ensure the Council first vote to reject your signature before then having it authorise me to come and sign it."

The Crown Prince knew that the constitution gave the First Minister the upper hand in such a manner and the Crown Prince agreed by simply nodding his head.

Some time later the duo were at the table. The Crown Prince was happy to be sat among the monarchs of the other nations while Laine stood behind him. When their time came the Crown Prince smiled happily for the camera as he began to write what had been agreed while Laine addressed the media. "Unlike the others gathered here today this signature on behalf of our King will need to be supported by a vote within our democratic machinery. I am however confident that it shall pass and we look forward to working with our new friends. The fact that we are so different a group of nations is in my view a strength of what we are trying to achieve here and I am excited to present this document to the people of Chistopol as soon as possible." The Crown Prince had finished adding his signature and dutifully rotated the documents as required.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 10:32:31 PM »
Queen Jožica of Drenovia took a seat next to her husband King Đurađ. They couldn't look more different, the King dressed in a sharp business suit while his wife looked like some kind of 16th Century huntress. As the folders were placed in front of them the King spoke first. "I am pleased that I came here intrigued as to what a Queen of Cassiopeia was proposing and I am even more pleased to leave with three new friends. I am confident that going forward the four of us can show that international co-operation is not dependent on lengthy, complex treaties designed to take away a nations control over every aspect of their own lands. Here is to a bright future." Đurađ picked up the pen and squiggled a signature he then passed the document to his wife.

Jožica removed a knife from her boot and pricked the end of her thumb. With the flat of the blade she wiped it under her husbands signature leaving a fient line of blood. "With the blood of a Queen we hope the Forest God blesses the work of this document." The blood of a Queen was believed to be spiritual in its nature and thus Jožica adding the finishing unconventional touch showed the commitment of the Union to the agreement.

The King kissed his wife on the cheek before speaking "Thank you" he smiled as he passed his completed document on wondering what the press would have to say if anything.

One of the appointed aides rose to their feet "You have all witnessed the signing of this agreement and now the delegations are open for questions if you have any."

OOC- As agreed by the four of us if anyone wants to ask anything they can.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 11:14:50 PM »
"If I may" King Đurađ began , "We can only speak on behalf of our own nation in regard to your question. The big difference between what we have done today and those other bodies you have mentioned is that in this treaty there is no mechanism that forces us to do something our own leadership would oppose. Lets take SANE for example, the very first part of their charter states that their organisation must comply with all decisions of the Ardian Assembly thus meaning the SICR can be compelled to do something their leadership may oppose. The CNN charter forces nations to commit a set portion of their foreign aid budget to an external organisation, it also forces nations to be members of the Uppsala Convention which gives an external body authority over the moral code of your armed forces. The CSTO charter orders nations to essentially send troops to fight if another is attacked, with no clause ruling that should a nation such as Rokkenjima attack first and be struck in retaliation this clause is void. The CSU has multiple articles limiting a nations own power in its borders. For example Rokkenjima may wish to rule that certain protections on its traditional Mead should exist, while the CSU treaty exists then other members can challenge that and a court in Avalon, Achkaerin, would make a decision potentially over-ruling the Rokkenjiman decision. If you look at our charter there is much to promote co-operation but nothing is ever forced upon us except for sending a representative to Cassiopeia and frankly from what I've seen here today who wouldn't want to visit here? We will have no common foreign policy but we shall consult with each other but then are free to go our own ways. I suspect there will be issues we shall work together on, for example the issue of slavery. There shall be issues we probably won't for example imagine if East Moreland were to have a civil war between Royalists and Republicans, there is every chance this may see us take different approaches but perhaps we could be the group that could bring peace as we do not conform to a single ideology or mind sent such as the other organisations do. I think the key here is that none of us wish to see a foreign body or organisation make decisions for our people without our leaders giving their consent on behalf of our people."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2021, 09:11:07 PM »
Widad Akraw,TINS, Empire of Tamora. Widad Akraw is also the journalist who had the honor of taking an interview of Pharaoh Akasha

"Are there any limits to members of SUN when it comes to joining other organizations or alliances? Should a member of SUN join say CNN or CSU, would the other members of SUN object and even decide to suspend that nation from SUN?

Thank you."