Author Topic: An Albion Escapade  (Read 2021 times)

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
An Albion Escapade
« on: August 15, 2021, 09:54:45 PM »

St. Elmo's City, Tytor

"What are you doing, son?", Seryk asked, seeing his only son drinking a beer on the bench with a stranger.

"Oh", Bolat replied, "just relaxing a bit while Eldar comes back from an errand".

"Ah, I see", Seryk replied.

"Nice to meet you, sir", Nguyen simply said.

"Ah, you speak our language", a slightly surprised Seryk said.

"That's right", Nguyen, "my stepmother spoke it as her mother language. She taught it to me. She was a professor of Sozyar literature".

"He's Nguyen", Bolat explained. "He came a few weeks ago from Williamshaven".

"I see", Seryk replied. "Does your mother live in this country as well?", he inquired.

"No", Nguyen answered, "sadly she died a few years ago. I came to this country two months ago, after my father died as well and we were forced to close the family business".

"Oh, my condolences", Seryk said. "What do you do here? If you don't mind the question".

"He works on IT", Bolat explained.

"That's right", Nguyen said.

"That looks impressive I guess", Seryk added.

"Not at all", Nguyen replied with a smile. "I just found a technicall job in a local hospitality trade school", he explained.

"I see", Seryk replied. "I hope that's enough for getting by here, at least for a while".

"Yes, sir", Nguyen replied.

"If you excuse me", Seryk said, "I have to go now. We have the meeting next week...I see you later, son".

"Yes, father", Bolat.

"I was a pleasure to meet you", Nguyen declared, bowing his head.

"Sure", Seryk replied, "have a nice day".

"A meeting?", Nguyen asked Bolat as soon as his father had left.

"Ah, yes", Bolat explained. "My father is a leading member of a cultural association in this city. They sometimes organize conferences and some cultural events...Dr. Aqimugalay is coming this week".

"Doctor...?", Nguyen asked.

"Oh yes", Bolat answered, "well, not like a literal doctor...But he is the most respected member of our community in the country. He founded Suny, an important newspaper for our community".

"Ah, I see", Nguyen said. "I'm afraid, I did not hear about him".

"His father was a minister in the early 1980s, I believed", Bolat explained. "He has published many books, my father told me, and he also contribute with other exiled publications, in several languages, in Williamshaven. I believe he speaks about ten languages, or so I was told. An impressive person. So, well, yes, he's coming to participate in a conferences next week".

"I see, interesting", Nguyen replied.

"Oh, that's my cousin Eldar", Bolat added. "Let's move".

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: An Albion Escapade
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 12:35:42 AM »

St. Elmo's City, Tytor

Arman Aqimugalay was satisfied that the conference had been a success. However, he was surprised when the young man informed him that he has just told that his car will take longer to come, despite Aqimugalay had been told that they were going to be there in five minutes by a member of the Segatezay family. Although he had learned to be careful, he had met him earlier in the morning when was invited by Seryk to the family home so he assumed he was trustworthy.

"If you don't mind following", Nguyen told Aqimugalay, "Bolat just called me to say that's better if we wait in a nearby square".

"Sure", Arman replied. "They told me that you work with technology", he asked in what he presumably he thought that was his mother language".

"Well", Nguyen replied with a smile, "I work in a small IT company that's all".

"I see", Arman said. "Could you follow the conference? I hope it was not too boring in any case".

"Oh", Nguyen answered, "not at all. It was certainly interesting".

"But I was grown up in a bilingual family", Nguyen continue this time swifting back to Sozyar language, "so not a problem at all".

"Oh! I see!", Arman replied. "I had no idea at all. Interesting...You know, I always thought that should be the future of our nation...Does your family live here?".

"No, sadly", Nguyen explained, "I came here alone. I only have two cousins in Williamshaven, who helped me a bit when I came back. My father was forced to close of our business, for a conflict with a local politician, and we lost everything...He sadly died shortly afterwards".

"I'm sorry about that", Arman replied. "Not a rare story, sadly".

"I was told you published fiction as well", Nguyen asked, changing of topic.

"I did, indeed", Arman explained, "although that was a long time. Nowadays, I mostly write criticism from a professional point of view...When I have time, obviously. In the last years, I was mostly involved with journalism and political work".

"I see", Nguyen replied, "that's what I heard". Then he suddenly stopped, which surprised Arman. They stood for a few seconds, side by side, when Arman's mobile phone suddenly started to ring.

Nguyen suddenly pushed Arman toward the alley they were standing next, and grabbed him by the neck.

"What...are...you...?", Arman attempted to say, before he saw Nguyen holding a sharp object while he suddenly felt piercing him own chest twice.

Nguyen allowed Arman to fell to the floor, where he clumsily tried to move and ask for help. However, quickly approached, bending and stabbed him a third time, this time in the neck.

After trampling twice the mobile phone, which kept ringing, with his own feet, Nguyen carefully searched through Arman's coat and pockets, extracting his wallet, a few papers and a small USB drive.

Arman attempted to say something by he could barely be heard, mostly only blood came from his mouth. A few seconds later, he was mostly motionless.

Nguyen concealed his weapon in a bag, and left Arman's body lying on the ground. He walked for three blocks, throwing the weapons to the sewage system. Then he entered in a car and left the place.

Not too far from there, he stopped the car. His own mobile started to ring. He opened it without looking and broke his mobile memory. Then, he observed Arman's wallet, remove the money and a few papers, and throw the wallet through the window in a place where the wallet could be seen, although not immediately. Then, he left the place.

Someone knocked the door. "Open it", Jang Han-woo ordered.

"Ah, it's you", Jang said as he saw Nguyen entering the appartment. "Was everything alright?".

"Sure", Nguyen replied. "It's done".

"Did anyone see you?", Jang asked.

"No", Nguyen answered, "I don't think so".

"Alright", Jang replied. "Let's do this quickly. Change your clothes, just in case. Yeo will get rid off of them and the car".

"Yes, sir", Yeo said.

"You have her a your new passport, some money, and the ticket to a flight to Jiayuan, as we spoke. These are the keys for the car. It's the green one, below in front of that bakery".

"Alright", Nguyen said. "Can I use toilet a second?".

"Uhm...sure", Jang replied. "Be quickly".

"Of course", Nguyen replied.

About two minutes later, Jang heard the noise of the toilet frush.

"Excuse me", Nguyen said with a smile.

"Alright", a slightly displeased said, "you leave first. I'll leave in a pair of minutes, just to raise suspictions".

"Naturally", Nguyen replied. "Good luck, sir", he said before opening the door and leaving the appartment.

Jang Han-woo switched off the lights before leaving an apparment when he suddenly realized a small red light in the dark. It seemed to come from the bathroom.

He switched on the bathroom lights and he suddenly saw it.

"Jenjang", he just said.

Meanwhile, in a nearby street two young women, with a clearly cheerful mood, came back from having a few drinks.

"And do you know who's going to become the new commercial representative in the shopping mall?", Hye-su said.

"Who?", Se-ri asked back.

"Me!", replied Hye-su, who started to dance on the street. However, she was interrupted by a huge noise.

"My god!", Se-ri said as a response.

"What...what was that?", Hye-su asked, visibly shaken.

"Look...", Se-ri said pointing on the left, "there was an explosion on that building...the walls completely collapsed".

"Better call an ambulance...", Hye-su said, while holding her mobile phone, "or the police, the firefighters, I don't know".

"Sure...", Se-ri said, "but better let's move toward that way, the building may collapse...".

"Alright", Hye-su replied. "Although it doesn't look so...but you're right".

"I hope nobody was hurt", Se-ri said. "Let's go back home as soon as it is possible...", she added.