Author Topic: Quebec/CSU Discussions  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Quebec/CSU Discussions
« on: October 03, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »

To - President Boucheron

The Cross-Straits Union has received your application to join the Union as a full member, as is our custom I would like to invite you or a representative of your nation to the headquarters of the organisation located in Ashinxao, Rokkenjima for the purposes of the interview stage of the application.

Signed

Madison Pryde
Chair of the Council of Head of States of the Cross-Straits Union

OOC - Just post turning up at the HQ no need for a formal response.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Quebec/CSU Discussions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »
When President Maximilien Boucheron arrived at the CSU HQ, he felt confident about the mandate given to him by the people. It had certainly been a goal of his to firmly entrench Quebec in the world community, and there wasn't any doubt in his mind that this is what the average Québecois truly wanted as well. Why else did they vote for him and his coalition to begin with?

As soon as the motorcade finally arrived at the HQ, the President and his entourage proceeded to enter through main entrance and were immediately directed towards a waiting area. As head of state and head of executive of Quebec, it only made sense that he was the one to personally discuss the membership application, rather than the foreign minister. A sign of genuine commitment would've been noted by the host as well, which was important enough if everything went well.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 01:44:40 PM »
Madison Pryde made her way down to greet the Quebec President, this was a fairly big thing for her, it was the first admission procedure since the instituting of the Cross Straits Community, it had been a long time spent doing housekeeping and adjusting to being part of something bigger. She adjusted her glasses as she spotted their guests.

"President Boucheron I'm Madison Pryde." she said "If you'll come with me please." she showed the President and his entourage through the building up to her office. "As you may be aware we have a procedure that we go through when a nation applies to join the Union, basically it boils down to I ask you some questions, I relay your answers to the Union's membership and they vote on whether to admit your nation or not. If they say yes you're admitted on the first day of the following month." she paused "Do you have any questions on the process?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »
Maximilien shook hands with Madison, with a complimentary nod and smile. "Madam Chair Pryde, thank you so much for receiving the Québecois delegation, it's an honour to be here and I'm looking forward to the discussions." He kindly gestured her to lead the way, his ears receiving a reminder about the procedures henceforth regarding possible Quebec membership.

"Such a procedure is to be expected, and reasonable as well," he said, indicating that the conditions were clear from the get go. "There aren't any inquiries that one could think of as of now, but I appreciate your question, the President continued to smile. It was only a mere moment before the process towards Quebec becoming a CSU member began.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »
Madison opened up her notebook and smiled as she clicked her pen "So for starters." she said "Tell me about Quebec, help me get a feel for the nation."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 02:45:18 PM »
After making himself comfortable, the President addressed her question.

"Our proud and unique Québecois heritage is built upon three fundamental societal groups; French-speaking settlers, natives tribes and other groups from all corners of the world. Such a mixture of different cultures is clearly expressed through our diverse cuisine and music, for instance. It hasn't always been easy and perfect making sure that peace and harmony exist between all people, but the end result today is based on a political concept created by the early architects of our welfare state. Known as the "People's home", it can be summarised in one quote dear to many hearts: "The good home knows no privileged or misfortuned, no favorites or undesired. There no one looks down on the other. There none try to gain benefits on the others expense, the strong do not oppress and plunder the weak. In the good home reigns equality, kindness, cooperation, helpfulness." In short, Quebec declares itself to be an "indivisible, secular, democratic, and social Republic". All of this is built upon a diversified and post-industrial economy, where substantial natural resources such as hydroelectricity, forestry, and mining, have also long been a mainstay. Finally, we're fanatics when it boils down to maple syrup, comedy and ice hockey."

Maximilien finished the question with a smile.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
"I see." Madison said taking notes as the President finished speaking "So perhaps you could tell me why you want to join the CSU?"