Author Topic: Cross Kyne Emperors Get Together  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Danekamp
Cross Kyne Emperors Get Together
« on: November 07, 2021, 03:34:22 PM »

To:- Emperor Benson of Parcambi

Following our successful negotiation of the Gulf of Auraxis Agreement I am determined to ensure that the Empire of Kodima continues to forge strategic and purposeful relations across Mundus. I believe that our two nations have much to offer each other in friendship and therefore I would like to invite you to come visit the Empire of Kodmia in order for us to investigate how we can forge a mutually beneficial partnership between us.

Best Regards

Emperor Malachi of Kodima

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
Re: Cross Kyne Emperors Get Together
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:55:39 PM »

To:- Emperor Malachi

I am delighted to hear that you view our nation as one that you hope to forge a partnership with. I am intrigued by the fact that out of all nations on Mundus you selected us and look forward what you have to say. I must however warn you that I will be approaching our meeting with some caution. Historically ourselves and your Gulf neighbours Royal Seleucid have not seen eye to eye on many things and so this may be a stumbling block between us having as close a relationship as perhaps you had hoped. I shall arrive in your nation at your convenience.

Ioa Watch Over You

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Benson of Paracambi
Head Hugon of the Vodou Faith.

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 10:51:49 PM »
Malachi had already enjoyed entertaining his fellow Gulf monarchs in the city of  Tlalim, a city affectionately known as "Half our Destiny" by the Kodimans. Once they had left their homeland in the 4th Century BC they had established a new home away from where every Kodimans heart lay, Jerusalem, the city that formed the other "Half our Destiny". Nothing would have made Malachi happier than to bring the Holy City under his control, resurrect the Temple and hold dominion over it, but that was a fantasy and not a foreign policy decision. The best Malachi could hope for was the city of Kodima, "The First of Many", a city that had housed the first refugees and grown over the centuries from a village into first a fortress town, then the centre of an Empire that had thrust southwards until it had bathed its feet in the Kyne sometime in the 17th Century. It would be this city, modelled as closely as they could on Jerusalem that Malachi would host Emperor Benson. The man may be the worshipper of false Gods but that was not his fault as the Paracambian had not had the fortune to be born into their faith. That didn't mean he couldn't be a good friend, it just meant that he was a man with whom trust would need to be built up with first, baby steps designed to lead down a path where they grew ever larger until they could be the best of friends. The Royal Palace complex had been freshly prepared. Staff had been out sweeping the large marbled plaza that separated the Emperors dwelling from the Imperial Office where the day to day business of the Empire was carried out.

Malachi and his wife, the Empress Nitzan II waited in the lounge of the highest tier of their Palace watching the neatly dressed white uniformed Imperial Guards run through their final preparations. Prince Meir, the heir to the Imperial throne was keeping a closer eye on them a camera in hand. The 25 year old fancied himself as somewhat of an artist and went nowhere with his camera or sketchbook. As the men drilled the Prince happily took image after image and his father would be content today to allow him to take no part other than the official photographer of the occasion. Meir had plenty of time to learn the ropes of diplomacy and having done his national service at 18 he had only just finished University recently graduating with his degree in Classical Art.

Meir was waiting really for the Paracambian Emperor and his entourage to arrive and had taken up position with the Guards between him and the gate to the Palace complex. The complex had a long straight road that lead to an air-base used by the military but also by the Imperials, it was convenient enough to make transfers speedy and effortless but far enough away that the city could almost appear tranquil. The small cloud of dust on the road indicated that Benson must be close and Meir motioned up to his father who made his way down to the Plaza itself accompanied by the Empress. They were content to allow Meir to set himself up as he wished and the Prince snapped several shots of the car entering the archway and pulled up in the centre of the Plaza, the only time a vehicle was allowed onto the marble centrepiece. The Guards gave a salute as one of their officers opened the door and offered a more personal greeting. Malachi walked forward his hand already extended in friendship. "Emperor Benson thank you for coming to our home. I'm excited to have you as our guest. I hope you had a pleasant flight?" He could see his son Meir moving round to get several shots and was sure Benson wouldn't recognise the young man. "I am afraid we had to document the occasion of such a visit, today my son Meir is our official photographer, maybe not a traditional Princely past-time but art is a noble virtue I believe, I just suspect his pallet is a shutter button rather than a paintbrush. I hope you don't mind him taking the pictures?" 

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:28 AM »
The Royal Palace was an impressive complex. It certainly showed a lot more history than his nation in terms of its structure but his own nation was one with a proud history. It was though a lot more convenient in terms of transport links than his own nation. His first impression of the plaza was that it was magnificent, the marble a masterpiece of craftsmanship. He returned the guards salute after his various translators, advisers and aides had exited the vehicles. As the Emperor approached, his hand outstrecthed, Benson quickly turned away from the soldiers upon hearing his voice. "Emperor Malachi it is me who should give thanks for allowing me into your beautiful home with such a welcome. As for my flight it was how every flight should be, uneventful." Upon the introduction to the Prince and his role the Emperor turned to face him allowing him to get a good shot. "Maybe we should therefore ensure he gets a good series of images." Benson fastened his jacket upon, made a show of brushing off any detritus before once more taking Malachi's hand this time looking straight down the barrel of the lens so to speak. "As for his venture into art its one that I admire, anyone who can be creative is to be admired and art has always been changeable." Benson turned to the Prince. "I look forward to seeing your pictures once we conclude our business.....but please make sure you get my good side." He turned his attention once more back to his host. "I have been asked by some of my subjects to present you with this." He produced a large ornate scroll that took him two arms to hold. "This is a copy of the King Selassie Version Bible followed by the Rastafarian population of my lands. They like you see many connections with Vanora and perceive a shared history. You're people believe you descend from King David if I am correct, where as the Rastafarii of my land believe they descend from King Soloman I believe father and son. While this is a faith I do not follow it will mean a lot to a good fifth of my people if we have good relations on religious grounds. Rest assured though I firmly want good relations too as I believe we share some common outlooks on Mundus."

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
The start of the meeting seemed to be going well, Benson seemed personable and the way that he had responded to Meir in such a nice way. Once his son had managed to snap some decent looking pictures Malachi headed towards the families home with Benson alongside him. "I'm going to be honest I don't know a huge amount about the Rastafarian faith but our nation do revere King David, his namesake star is on our flag after all. I would be greatly interested in hearing more about the faith that has given us this gift. I will ensure by the time you leave that we have a gift for their community and I would be grateful if you would return it to your homeland with you." They had now reached the lower floor and a large open foyer was filled along the walls with statues of former Emperors. They took a set of steps up to the second floor and onto a balcony which overlooked the plaza they had just been in. To their right was a small river running along the old ancient wall that seperated the Palace complex from the city itself.

"Please take a seat." A long shade covered bench sat opposite a coffee table. "As I stated in our letter to you I think that we have a great deal to offer each other. You're a nation that has a history that impresses me with it morality, you as a leader have not allowed your nations relative size to limit your involvement in key matters across Mundus. The ambitious Alucard environmental clean is particularly impressive. I firmly want our nations friends to be ones who stand up for others and have a care for the whole of Mundus and obviously Paracambi is a shining light in that. Its my hope that we can begin by talking about co-operation in an environmental project. The Gulf of Auraxis is a region we believe could benefit from a similar project, we now have a "in" so to speak with our regional neighbours and so if you'd be willing to mentor us with setting up our own version. Is this possible?"

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 11:00:40 PM »
As they enjoyed the view Benson did his best to explain the Rastafarian faith. "Its believed by a great many of my people that at one point in History people from the Jewish lands of Mundus spread across the world and that in Paracambi eventually morphed into those following Christianity until an individual came along in the early 20th Century who they believed was either the 2nd coming of Jesus or a new prophet. They believe that while across much of Mundus Jesus is shown as a white man, beard, blonde hair and blue eyes that is a ploy to establish a "white" religion. Most Rasta's believe Jesus would have been Black, which is why I suppose it is so instrumental in the appeal to many in Paracambi. I have heard many Rastafarians refer to Christianity as "mental enslavement" but if I am honest the faith is not one I would consider myself an expert in." When Malachi had mentioned a gift to return home Benson smiled in approval but he had no real feelings on it. The Rastafarian faith was one he believed was slightly crazy with how it tried to merge old historical faith with those of the modern day but enough of his subjects loved it that he had little choice than to respect it.

Benson was happy though when talk turned to business. Benson was proud of the work going on in the Alucard. While Benson was naturally bias he believed the islands of Paracambi to be the most beautiful in the world and the idea of plastic washing up on their shores was abhorrent to him. He was happy though that others shared the original TUNA members dreams of cleaning up the ocean. "I would of course be delighted to help. What plastic today floats in the Gulf of Auraxis could next week be bobbing around in the Alucard. The more of this junk that we can get out the seas the better it is for everyone. I'd be happy to have some of your people come over and see how we function there, then perhaps they can bring the technology back to the Gulf and begin the process here." It would also be potentially a nice little earner for some smaller Paracambian businesses. "PerhapsI could ask what your view of the Treaty of Wellow is?"

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 08:49:29 PM »
This was a good start. It had been a low risk strategy to get the Paracambians to help in the Gulf as a starter. The question of the Treaty of Wellow though was one that Malachai wasn't perhaps prepared for although he was of course aware of the treaty. "I like the concept of trying to get nations to take care of the environment but I fear that it is an agreement that lacks teeth. There is no punishment for failing to hit the targets and even if there was I don't think it would be enforceable. Don't though think we're opposed to trying to improve the environment. We believe mankind has been given stewardship of Mundus and as such we'll protect what we can but arbitary international targets aren't ones we'll sign up to. If it helps I'd be happy to share our own internal targets with you." Malachai offered.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 10:05:40 PM »
Benson was disappointed with Malachai's attitude but it seemed like he was someone who would at least take them future of the environment . "I'd naturally be interested in hearing what your nations plans are." Benson held out hopes that he could perhaps learn something of use, perhaps pick up some new technological master-stroke that would help Paracambi hit the targets that had been set in Wellow.

"If we are to begin swapping technology and know how could we also explore some more business related arrangements. Some arrangement to help companies interested in say perhaps going into cleaning up the environment gather equipment and services from our nation. At the same time opening up some of our markets to you. We would though need to put some specific safeguards in place. We notice you recently signed the Gulf of Araxis agreement. We have no issues with that, however Waddan does have one tribe that still permits slavery. With that being the case we would need to ensure whatever deal is put in place does not give those people a backdoor to Paracambi via the Gulf of Auraxis arrangement. I can think of several ways but obviously if you prefer to not have such things in your trade agreements then we need to consider whether we can have a specific deal. What do you think?"

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 10:15:06 PM »
Malachi was aware of the stance and proud heritage of Paracambi when it came to slavery. "When we proposed the Gulf agreement we had hoped that the fact so many of the tribes of Waddan could now trade favourably the benefit of that would see the remaining tribe give up slavery. As the charter talks of goods and services crossing the border complying with local laws I can rest assure you that no item procured by slavery will reach our nation. Similar safeguards will be put in place with you, we'd only negotiate a trade deal with protections in. I don't want the deal between us to see you become a filter for goods from within Albion or TUNA, nor would I expect you to wish to become one for you. I would however urge you to look at the trade elements of the Gulf agreement and perhaps we can base our agreement on that."

Quote from: Proposed Trade deal

i) Nations agree that any business who has its headquarters in either nation may take advantage of the terms outlined here.

ii) Any materials may cross freely from one nation to another with no tariffs so long as the materials do not leave the two nations. Materials are defined as unprocessed naturally occurring item. Materials must comply with local laws.

iii) Any products may cross freely from one nation to another with no tariffs so long as its whole process was undertaken within the other. For no tariffs to be charged the product must remain within the two nations. A Product is defined as any item that has seen materials changed from their natural state. All products must comply with local laws.

iv) Any service provider may offer its services within the two nations so long as they pay taxes on profits accrued in that nation to the local government. Furthermore all service providers must ensure that all services being offered comply with local regulations.

v) Once a material or product has entered into the agreement region and a tariff has been paid no further fees or tariffs for crossing a border shall be liable so long as the item remains in the same condition it entered the first nation. Should one nation have a "no tarrif" arrangement with the exporting nation then tariffs shall be liable at the first border it crosses after entry.

vi) A nation may set limits on items covered in ii and iii so long as it is declared on the 1st of April. Any nation setting such limits will automatically have tariffs placed upon their own exports of such materials.

vii) Any product or material crossing a border must comply with the laws of the nation it is travelling through even if these are different to those of the final destination.

viii) Any product or material leaving the agreement region by a 3rd nation is liable to tariffs at a rate set by the nation from which the export takes place.

ix) A business may transport items for promotion and marketing without having to pay taxes on them for crossing the border. This is regardless of where their final destination is.

x) Staff required for promotional and marketing purposes may cross the border freely so long as their event is confirmed 7 days ahead of schedule and that they spend no longer than 14 days within the nation. While in that nation they must comply with all employment law.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 10:25:06 PM »
"I think the treaty is good, it ensures things remain just between us two. The safeguards are solid and I think this forms a good basis for future endeavours between us. I'd be happy to put my name to this as it is. On my side I struggle to think of anything else at this point between us. Unless of course you have further ideas you wish to add?"

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 11:01:47 PM »
Malachi smiled, "Benson I am thrilled that we've got this agreement. Both our nations aren't going away and we have plenty of time to become friends. You've agreed to help me sort out the pollution issues the Gulf of Auraxis has and we've hopefully secured a future of fruitful trade. I think this has been a very good days work." Malachi extended a hand across the table and shook Benson's hand warmly. "Naturally it will take a while to have the documents drawn up officially but then I suggest we invite the media to witness our signing.

Some hours later

The Plaza outside the Emperors residence had been set up with a long table, a crowd of media in attendance and Prince Meir in prime spot to capture it all with his camera. At the appointed hour the two Emperors made their way to the table and Malachi unfolded some notes from his suit pocket. "Today marks the first time Emperors from two far away lands have meet. I have enjoyed meeting Emperor Benson and to hear of a community within Paracambi with historic links to this land. To those of the Rastafarian community who have sent us best wishes and gifts I would like to publically send my thanks and as they share a close affection for King Soloman. I promise them I will learn more of their faith and hope that despite our differences this common bond can spread between our people. I am thankful for the deal we are about to sign and hope in years to come we can add to the document as we deepen our political and hopefully personal friendship." Malachi signed the document and then handed Benson the pen.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 11:32:29 PM »
"A good days work indeed" Benson shook Malachi's hand and then enjoyed having a wander around the Palace before it was time for the media event. He first posed for the required media photos and then as Malachi spoke did his best to look regal alongside him. As his host handed him the pen he quickly added his name. "Now two Empires, connected by a strange history I'm eager to learn more about, will be walking a path side by side. I'm excited about what the future holds and look forward to working closely with Emperor Malachi." He handed the Emperor his pen back, shook his hand once more and then waved to the press for the final few pictures pleased with what they'd got done.