« on: February 16, 2023, 01:59:58 PM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:10:27 PM by Nova »

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Concerns over Rokkenjima and Rishiri (MICA)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 09:18:45 PM »
To:- Charwoman Therz

In the last few minutes I have issued instructions to the East Moreland military that I hope will ensure not just our own personal security but also contribute to the security of the whole region. Part of this involves labelled Rokkenjiman military assets as hostile and giving my in field commanders authorisation to engage targets that have either fired upon people or are in the process of doing so. We have a task force on the way to waters near Rishiri, as this Rokkenjiman outpost still deserves naval security preventing such acts as smuggling, but also to ensure compliance with expectations set forward by the Rokkenjiman Empress.

We hope that your use of the Ardian Assembly is successful and hope that you will pass on to the Assembly our own actions aimed at stopping renegade forces. We have close relationships with many Assembly members including yourselves, Bakkermaya and Ui Cenneslaig and naturally would be open to wider co-operation.

Following discussions with our allies from the COmmonwealth of the Iwi we shall be moving assets to that nation however this will of course take several days and much can change in the meantime. We do not hold with containing all Rokkenjiman forces at these bottlenecks however would support Heyra and others adopting the same rules of engagement as East Moreland has now openly stated. The concept behind these is that loyal Rokkenjiman forces would be required to return home to possibly aid in removing Odfensen and hindering them could prolong this situation.

While I shall not attend this meeting in person, as I believe it important to be in Northfort as this situation plays out I would be open to Princess Freya attending to represent East Moreland's interests.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace.

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Altona
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 10:16:41 PM »

To: Chairwoman Therz

As stated already by His Majesty King David all Rokkenjiman vessels must be considered hostile until the end of this crisis. With this in mind we agree that following East Moreland's rules of engagement are sensible and will adopting them in due course.

We shall be ordering our Navy to work in co-operation with others in the region.

Should a face to face conference be needed please expect my brother Prince Lukas to attend.

Best Regards

King Rutger of Altona

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 11:31:54 AM »
"With regards to Rokkenjima" King Andrew of Seaforth spoke via the video link. "We are in an awkward situation because of our 2018 treaty. In that regard we are stuck with a civilian Rokkenjiman presence in the region. According to our treaty with Rokkenjima the settlement of Rishiri may maintain 1,500 troops in a form of a militia. They have no access to heavy weapons there so it is more of a symbolic peace keeping force. They have no air force there and no naval assets since the closing of the original QAMB. Had Heyra not effectively given it a new home QAMB would have disappeared in 2018. Unfortunately our arrangement with Rokkenjima see's it run until 2119 so I suspect that all of us will have to just accept they'll be some form of Rokkenjiman outpost here."

King David of East Moreland nodded, almost sadly, "Everyone knows I have always been an advocate for for Illumic Determinism, something we could now argue has become MICA Determinisim. It explains why we are here in this forum. We currently have all but removed the Rokkenjimans from the region but with an arrangement in place to 2119 we have little chance of removing them. Rishiri remains very much like Elysium and various other Heyran outposts across the globe, it is contractually obligated and while I fully respect the fact that Rokkenjima have a track record of not standing by their obligations and agreements for some reason with Seaforth and Rishiri they have." David remembered the collapse of the old Tri-partite agreement "I for one am tired of hearing them always bring up the days of my father's leadership where they claim they saved the Illumic, conveintly forgetting East Moreland's military faced off against the Soviets on three seperate occasions in my reign. It will always be my intention that we will not willingly allow Rokkenjima to base assets in the region beyond that of the agreement with Rishiri. I would hope that I could count on others gathered to also take that stance. In the months to come Rokkenjima are going to have to earn the trust of many nations back after the ongoing debacle in the Rokkenjima Sea. Between East Moreland and Seaforth we are able to ensure the security of Rishiri against external threats, the small militia force can secure them against internal ones. Therefore there should be no need for us as a community to even think we need to rely on Rokkenjima for our collective security."