Author Topic: K-K Talks (Kaitaine & Kishon)  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
K-K Talks (Kaitaine & Kishon)
« on: June 27, 2023, 07:28:13 PM »
Minister of Foreign Policy, Joshua Barasha, stood with an honour guard outside the Presidential Palace. The lawn at the centre of the Palace's driveway hosted three flag poles, and though these would often display the blue, white, and black Presidential Standard; the 3-pointed star T'chiyah Party's Flag; and the blue menorah National Flag, today it flew the Theocracy's orange and black flag alongside the National Flag, divided by the red flag of brotherhood.

Barasha himself was, however, nervous. Attal had decided that he would not come to greet the foreign dignitaries, they would come to him. It was, he understood, supposed to be a power move, asserting the greatness of Kishon over that of its neighbour. Barasha would never tell Attal this, lest he finds himself arrested in his bed, but it just seemed petty. And most of all, it just seemed like Attal was dumping the responsibility of first impressions on Barasha, whilst simultaneously damaging them by refusing to leave his office to talk to them.

As the Bene Gesserit's car pulled into the Palace's driveway, lead and flanked by two KFP cars, the honour guard snapped a salute and the Palace Footmen rushed to open the doors of the esteemed dignitaries' car. Barasha tried to paste his best and friendliest smile on his face as he strode towards the car, giving them enough room and time to exit the car comfortably and get their bearings, but not enough room or time to make them feel abandoned.

He held his hand out, "Welcome to the Inland Empire. I trust you have had a good trip."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: K-K Talks (Kaitaine & Kishon)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 11:01:51 PM »
The trip from the Theocracy to Kishon was rather short compared to many that the Reverend Mother Erin MacGregor had taken. She arrived alongside the Duke Niklaus Corrino and Krystina Garner, an instructor in the Truthsayers and wife of Simon Fremen and so she would one day be the Duchess. The trio exited the cars and while Erin nodded her thanks to the honour guard the Duke and Krysta stood a step behind her. Niklaus wore a smart pinstripe suit while Krysta wore the khaki uniform of the Truthsayers, her peak hat tucked under her right arm. Erin pushed the large hood back from her head. She was a pretty 23 year old, but as tradition dictated she had shaved her head totally for her return to Kaitaine and for a while after had maintained the baldness, then she thought better of it and now her head was slowly regrowing her blonde hair but for the moment a fuzz of sort remained. She glanced around, found Barasha and then smiled. As his hand appeared she hesitated slightly while he mind considered a more Bene Gesserit greeting but instead she simply accepted the hand-shake. "Thank you for the invitation our trip was thankfully uneventful" she explained. Next she removed from the pouch bag around her waist a small wooden box. "I have brought you a gift from my people to yours" She handed it over, the wooden was smooth oak and the hinges made of gold. Its top featured an inscription of a mythical giant sandworm and inside a few tablespoons of the faiths ritualistic "spice". "I hope it will allow us to see our work here today rewarded with positivity for both nations."

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 01:13:09 PM »
Barasha took the box and smiled warmly at the delegates.
"Thank you for your gift, I believe that the Amonite people will take your gift as a symbol of our nations friendship."
He smiled, looking the various members of the delegation up and down.
"I hope you do not think us ungrateful, but we do have a gift for you in return," He guestered to the Presidential Palace, "but it awaits inside," he said, "as does the President."
He took the moment to take another glance at the gift from Kaitaine before turning to the Palace and handing it off to an aide, who would find a cabinet somewhere to display it. He had done reading up on the religion of his people's neighbours before the visit, to make sure he maintained etic enough to avoid gracious offence, and he had wondered at the time on their reverence and use of this "spice".  It was one of those religious oddities that, though he may wonder at and disbelieve, was ultimately no more odd than the belief that one shouldn't work on the Sabbath.

He led the group up the Palace's steps, leading them quickly through the outer gate house, avoiding the gaze of the portrait of the President hung above the archway. He led them inside the Palace, up the winding staircase, trying to maintain small talk, offering them refreshments if needed, and sending aides snapping off to the kitchen.
He paused before the door, leading to the presidential office wing, mustering himself, and then opening them. Leading the delegates down the corridor, lined with the painted faces of heroes of ages past and the coloured scenes of battles lost and won, he stopped before the desk of Attal's secretary
The boy, a young lad Barasha, could never remember the name, looked at the group, up and down, before nodding to Barasha.
"Minister Barasha," the secretary said, " please head right in, the President is waiting."

Attal's office was well furnished. He had his desk, solid oak carved with scenes taken from the Torah, whilst he himself reclined in a large leather chair. A portrait of himself hung behind him in a frame of gold leaf, whilst a glass chandelier illuminated the mahogany walls and red carpeting. In the corner, a large cuboid object was covered with a velvet cloth, the gift for the Bene  Gesseri he had visiting him. There was a bookcase in the corner, filled with works of political and geopolical theory, as well as several copies of his father's autobiography. A book on economics made an occasional appearance, but like most on the shelf, rarely had a broken spine. In the corner was a small door, built into the wall, that led to a small room for him to think in. The room had, of course, had to have been completely renovated when he had moved into the Palace, with the archaic and ageing memobrillia of past President's being discarded.
A light on his desk lit up, informing him that the door to the office wing of the Palace had been opened. That would be the visitors.
He stood up, dusting his tailored suit off, and quickly readjusting his tie. He heard voices outside his door and smiled broadly as it was opened and his Foreign Minister Lea the visitors in.
"Preaident Attal," He said, holding out his hand across the desk to the advancing Bene Gesserit, "Reverend Mother, it is an honour to be able to meet you, and your kinsmen alongside you, Duke and Duchess" nodding to them.
"I understand that you have a gift for my people,  and I must say a marvellous gift it is at that, such artesian quality! I wish to repay the favour," and he gestured at Barasha to pull off the covering, not wanting to get out from behind his desk.
The covering fell off, revealing a tank filled with a variety of fish and underwater fauna.
Attal guestered to it proudly, "the tank is filled with a variety of waterline native to the fair rivers and marshes of Kishon, some of the fish are eveb almost extinct in the wild. All our gift to you."
He paused dramatically,  giving them time to digest the gift before he sat back down, and pulled out a schedule.
"I am, fortunately for my poor secretary, a man of routine, and I have devised a list of topics for us to discuss and go through."
He laid them out in front of the Bene Gesserit.
"If you want to add anything to said list, please just pencile it in... oh, please do take a seat."

- Furthering economic ties between our two nations
- Cooperation in the face of communist aggression
- Geopolitical realities and incidents
- Outreaching culture between our two nations

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 10:13:11 PM »
Erin had to her best not to laugh at the irony of giving a desert nation fish. She however instead thanked the President for the gift "I'm thinking the best place to display this will be at the Missionara's HQ, I'm told that watching fish can help be rather relaxing. Beside those ladies are rather keen to study anything and I suspect many of them won't have seen such fish. I thank you again for the gift." She began wondering the logistics of getting them to Kaitaine but that would be for the military in charge of her flight to sort out not her.

Once everyone was sat she looked at the list allowing Niklaus and Krysta to examine it. "While at the moment I have nothing further to add that is something we can revisit as things carry on. I will however seek clarification about your second point, you see we are not a nation that are anti-Communist, we are anti-Soviet. Life is full of political experiments that have failed and so long as a system does not actively seek to harm people then I have no issue with it existing and people supporting it. The time comes to oppose it if it becomes a case of a tyranny of minority. We went to war with the Soviets not because they are Communist but because they were occupiers into our sacred home land. So when you say co-operation in the face of Communist aggression what exactly are you thinking?"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 12:01:13 AM »
Attal internally sighed. He had hoped that the Bene Gesserit would prove amiable to the list of points without trying to stir up anything, allowing him to direct the flow of the conversation. He was surprised that anyone who dwelled in the general area of the former USR would draw a distinction between communism and sovietism, maybe their ideological zeal had been exaggerated by the foreign reports. He may have to improvise.

He leaned back.
"Like you, Kishon has had a vicious history with Communism, sovietism, call it what you want. The USR invaded the First Amonite Empire in 1893, establishing the 'Democratic People's' Republic of Kishon, a puppet state that existed until the Amonite restoration, which saw the re-establishment of the Empire you see today. However, the lackies of this dead state still persist."
He paused.
"The perfidious KLA. An army without a state still obsessed with bringing a tyrants ideology to the nation. Both our states face aggression from the remnants of the lackies of foreign Communism. We have the KLA, you have the SRK. Our primary enemies are thus vastly similar. It strikes me, and I hope it would strike you too, that many hands make light work. If our two states work together, we can contain, reduce, push back or even destroy the threats to both our people's freedoms."
He leaned forwards.
"Is there anything else?"

He had considered blatantly lying, and saying that the intelligence services had detected cooperation between the KLA and SRK to really try force it down their throats, but he held off.  If it was happening, the intelligence service didn't know about it, but that vague fact was unnecessary. Maybe he'd bring it up if they continued to try drag this point.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 10:03:36 PM »
Erin listened to Attal's review of his own nations stance. "While we clearly have issues with similar enemies there is one thing that marks us as different. You've had since the 1970's to revive your nation, your people and dare I say even your culture. We are in our infancy. We fought a three year long guerilla war in the desert and mountains to gain what we have. Now I suspect we could have pushed on and gained more but in doing so we'd have wiped out practically all our Truthsayer reserves meaning anyone could literally walk in and take us over. Add to that the fact that we had no real homeland of our own, Niklaus here was until a few years ago a Cenneg businessman, Krystina a school teacher and dutiful wife of a lawyer in Aosta. We've a need to come together as a nation and sadly some renegade Truthsayer soiled our reputation on the global stage by indulging in acts of potential nuclear terrorism, that means we've a lack of support globally we're now trying to overcome. You speak of us working together to contain, certainly, reduce, push back or destroy we're a way off doing anytime soon. We've a few cards up our sleeves but a time and place will come for them but for now we seek to ensure the new border of the Theocracy is tight."

Krystina took over, "Let me put it this way, if your nation is in terms of other nations globally a teenager, we've yet to master walking. Now please keep in mind as a fighting force we can likely on her turf stand toe to toe with the Kaitiane Defence Force (KDF) and hold our own but its going to cost us."

Niklaus took up the discussion. "Now what we do have that perhaps is more developed than yourself is our economic connections, thanks to our diaspora we've large Bene Gesserit, and thus Theocracy citizens in Ui Cenneslaig, Aosta, Achkaerin and Cantabria, we've got cross border trade arrangements with Chistopol and we've access to raw materials from Waddan in exchange for running education systems there for a lot of people. So what needs to be discussed then is how we build each other up. WHat does the Empire need in life?"