Author Topic: Invitation to Ecclesiastical State  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Invitation to Ecclesiastical State
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »

Crown Prince of Rhand
His Highness Laurenz Hajioff

To our friends in the Ecclesiastical State,

I wish to take the opportunity to thank your country for the provision of aide following the disastrous locust plague which threatened the prospect of famine in our country.

I believe that our respective countries share more in common when it comes to our basic values, than separates us and feel that we both gain to benefit from a closer working relationship in the future.

I would therefore like to meet to discuss the potential for future cooperation between us.

Sincerely

Crown Prince Laurenz Hajioff

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Invitation to Ecclesiastical State
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To our friends, brothers and sisters of Christ in Rhand and specifically Crown Prince Laurenz Hajioff

I Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church would more than like to meet to discuss and discuss the potential for future cooperation between us by me and my trusted entourage to come and visit your holy country. It is now more important that ever that the Christian faith remains as united and firm in a strong grip as possible, no matter if it's Papal dogmatic supervision or not, as long as the core tenets of Christianity are adhered and the holy trinity held in respect, we shall together continue to work on and overcome our difference so that we may all benefit fully the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ when he does arrive to judge all of us in the end of days. Be sure to see us Ecclesiastical Catholics there.

Sincerely, Take Care and God Bless,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
Crown Prince Laurenz was waiting at Ardiapur International Airport for the arrival of the Pope's plane, with him was the Patriarch of Ardiapur who he had effectively had to strong arm in to attending.

"Your Majesty, I still do not understand why you require me to be present for this reception." the Churchman complained

"Because your presence sends the correct message of acceptance, Christian fraternity and rapprochement between our two branches of the religious family." replied Laurenz his tone edged with frustration that he was still having to explain this to the Patriarch. Catching the other man's foul expression he added "Of course I appreciate that your Grace has certain strongly held opinions, and I am most thankful that you have agreed, if grudgingly, to attend."

The conversation over they turned their attention back to the airport window which gave a view out towards the runway. They could hear the distant thrum of jet engines as the Papal jet began its final descent towards the airport, in a few minutes their guest would be arriving.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »
His holiness Pope Peter II aka The Young Pope was about to touch ground in Rhand, hopefully everything would go well during his historic and important visit to this Orthodox Christian nation, whom he knew didn't have a good relationship with the Catholics and especially the Papacy. Which is why he managed to convince one of his new found friends and Ecumenical Patriarch of the Ecclesiastical State, Paul II who was just a few years older than him, making them truly young for them to hold their respective offices. "Let's just hope that my presence will soften up the firt impressions, it's a shame that some of my Orthodox brethren are still thick in their skulls and live in the 1000s regarding their views about dialogue and unity". TYP simply replied that this is what he hoped the ES delegation would achieve.

After the plane landed and taxied its way to the terminal, the door was opened as Pope Peter II and Ecumenical Patriarch Paul II stepped out and waved to the masses of journalists and various officials awaiting their arrival before making their way to the Crown Prince and the Patriarch of Ardiapur.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
Prince Laurenz was the first to greet the Pope "Your Holiness, please allow me to welcome you to the Kingdom of Rhand. We are truly blessed to be gifted the opportunity to extend you our hospitality and look forward to the ever closer ties of Christian brotherhood that our meeting signals. I trust you had a pleasant flight?"

Laurenz having concluded allowed the Patriarch to make his own greetings which, to his credit, he delivered without a hint of the distaste that Laurenz knew he felt.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »
While the Ecclesiastical entourage were on their way to receive some warm welcome from their Orthodox, Rhand hosts, Ecumenical Patrirarch Paul II whispered into The Young Pope'es ear, telling him that "The aura of our dear Laurence is quite pure and good-spirited I must say, but when my gaze focuses on my fellow churchman...it's sort of gray, black and makes me shiver somewhat." Pope Peter II took note of what his colleague had to say regarding the auras and reassured him that it would probably turn out fine. Peter was greeted by Prince Laurenz while the Patriarch of Ardiapur in a cold manner did so as well with Paul, "Always pleasant to fly when one can simply sit on the floor of it all and meditate, communicate with our Lord...so refreshing, I suggest both of you should try it out some time when embarking on a flight hehe...In any case, thank you for this warm and hospitable welcome to your great nation...which shall hopefully become ever more glorious once the Ecclesiastical State's involved!" With that said, Paul hadba few words to say too.

"Your highness...your holiness and dear colleague, it's our hope that the Orthodox community in ES will be able to contribute to greater Christian unity and strength, as displayed already nowadays back home between Catholics, Orthodox and Lutherans all part of the joy that our Lord jesus Christ has set up upon us and as it should be, may the schism of the 1000s never divide us once more." He extended his hand towards the Patriarch of Ardiapur, just to test how willing he was to embark on such a adventurous journey after all.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
The Patriarch cautiously extended his hand and grasped that of Paul giving him a firm handshake "It is heartening to hear that the historical persecution of Orthodoxy by the Papacy has ceased in the Ecclesiastical States. Tell me though, has the Pope renounced the spurious claim of supremacy over all other Bishops or are we still considered second in authority?" Laurenz glared at him.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:09:47 AM by Lakhzovia »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »
Paul smiled when the Patriarch colleague of his spat out those vicious, toxic words, naturally speaking it had to just happen. "I think my dear colleague that if I were you, I would save such theological discussions for a much, much later time and date and instead focus on what both of our churches have in common with each other, after all we do believe in the Holy Trinity don't we? Better to work upon on what we started in January 1964 with the meeting between Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras in Jerusalem, I surely hope you're willing to honor Athenagoras' memory or is it...that all of those non-Rhand orthodox are traitors in your eyes? Is it right to simply reject other Christians and deem them unworthy of God's love and mercy mmh? Apparently having those ancient thoughts if yours bringing nothing but endless pain and destruction...is that the only one true path to salvation when the Messiah once more returns?..."

The Young Pope, being silent during the tirade of Paul tried to break off the tense situation, "Ehm...well Laurenz please show us the way hehe, we wouldn't mind having some of your renowned Tea and delight snacks...."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »
Laurenz grateful for Pope's attempt to shift the conversation smiled politely "Of course! If Your Holiness would care to follow me we have a car waiting to take us to the Ardiapur Palace.

The itinerary for today, so I have been informed by my staff, begins with us two taking a private tea in the palace rose garden followed by an informal lunch for the four of us to become better acquainted" at this he glanced with mild concern at the two Patriarchs before continuing "In the evening there will be a formal state banquet and then tomorrow a chance for us to engage in high level diplomatic discussions."

The men had by this point reached the waiting cars, servants opened the rear door of one of the black limousines and waited for the Pope and Crown Prince to enter. The two Patriarchs were to ride in a separate car, a decision that was increasingly seeming to Laurenz to have been a mistake.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
TYP tried not to worry about the two patriarchs in the other vehicle, although one knew that unless one of them maintained some good posture, it would be a blood bath once they reach the palace. "If one of those two could just shut up for a minute it should go alright..." he told Laurenz as the vehicles started to accelerate. "But enough of that for now, so tell me how's life so far here, tough for everyone to get a reasonable standard of living having buffoons in one's court with outdated mentality?"

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »
Laurenz was somewhat taken aback at the Pope's blunt evaluation of Rhand's political situation before realising that the Pontiff had clearly read briefings and received reports back from the humanitarian mission his country had sent.

"Well yes, there is something of a problem of governmental obstruction, but I would hardly describe the Court as buffoons. The problem is far more a combination of intelligence and vested interests, but true enough the result has been an unsatisfactory situation among the poor" said Laurenz before adding "I am sure you have been heard reports from your aide mission as to the conditions on the countryside. In fact there's a good chance you may know more about them than I do."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »
"Oh yes of course didn't mean exactly the terminology of 'Buffoons' to be exact my sincere apologies, I just wanted to mark my understanding for your frustrations, I do understand how it feels when progress doesn't happen on time. My dear majesty, I am not sure myself if I know more about your countryside than you do, it might be the opposite in fact, but the nuns who reported back to me told me that everyone doesn't have it quite well as they should to begin with. Rhand should definitely embark on a economic liberalisation period like ES a few decades ago; the economy grew and peoples' live got better as time progressed...we have now among the lowest taxes in Albion and the entirety of Mundus as a matter of fact, one we don't want to change for now"

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »
"You must trust me Pontiff, it is fully my intention to liberalise the economy, as I see it the only way to improve the productive forces within my Kingdom is to open up to the import of foreign knowledge and capital. Unfortunately the system at present is set up in order to favour powerful interest groups that will resist any attempt to change the status quo.

Any shift will come about only by convincing them that their own personal interests are better served by reform."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
"I just want to warn you that everyone won't take a liking to it, at least immediately, always a go-ground for potential enemies here and there, don't be surprised for any backstabbering from your own people whether you like it or not." The Young Pope naturally became worried for the Prince's safety and before he opened his mouth once more he looked sideways, "If something were to happen which would endanger your life greatly your majesty...the Ecclesiastical State is always open at your service, I apologise for sounding somewhat hysterical but you never know these days who you can trust when one is playing the House of Cards...On that note, joint-cooperation for any project is highly recommendable, perhaps in the military department depending on your budget, which I deem isn't much to praise if I'm being honest...which is why I wouldn't mind offering an annual christian donation numbering the billions..."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
"That seems... generous." said Laurenz cautiously. It was an unexpected and somewhat odd offer, and he was somewhat irked by the presumptuous nature of the Pope who clearly believed that Lauenz's position was insecure. 'Perhaps the Patriarch was right about this man after all' he thought to himself.

Not allowing his discomfort to register on his face he tried to steer the conversation in a different direction.

"While of course I can see the benefit in being given a license to buy military equipment from you, and the... donations to do so would not be sniffed at our Kingdom really requires to ability to improve its own economic conditions."

At this point the car had arrived at the palace and uniformed guards opened the doors, Laurenz turned to the Pope "Perhaps we should continue this over tea?"

The men had exited the vehicle and having spent a few minutes being greeted by the waiting high profile Courtiers they had been ushered through the main hall of the Palace and out a wide set of ornate doors into the seclusion of the hedged off rose garden where a small round table had been set for two. Nearby but out of earshot stood a smartly dressed butler who could be called to serve them. They sat and the butler came to serve them, pouring the tea for the pair and placing trays of food on the table before them before he withdrew back to his position.

"Please help yourself" said Laurenz "The tea is rather good, however it is somewhat a luxury available only to the Nomarchs. We have only a small region with a climate appropriate to the cultivation of tea and that combined with the import tariffs rather puts it out of the reach of the commoners."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
Perhaps a bit bold and strong to say such things about a monarch's role being compromised but in due time the Pope hoped that Laurenz would understand that those words would one day prove to be useful and the fact that he had a friend close by in case the unexpectable would happen. Peter was pleased by the lslick presentation, the aromas of the tea and snacks as well as the gogeous views provided by the well-maintained rose garden. As he was chewing and drinking upon hearing the fact that the commoners didn't have access to their own national drink, such absurditity. *Cough* you say what now Laurenz? One's own people who're cultivating these marvelous things that one can blend with hot water isn't accessible to them?

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
"That is the case. Coffee is by far the predominant drink of the lower classes, but tea has always been seen as the refined drink of the elite. A large part of the problem is the historical emphasis placed by the landed Nomarchs on growing food, and given the artificially high prices there has been no incentive for them to branch out in to other production. This has of course only had the effect of retarding the development of the countryside and the conditions of the peasantry." he sighed audibly before recomposing himself "As you may be aware, I have a particular interest in initiating economic reforms aimed at improving the conditions of the peasantry. I believe that the best way to do so will be by utilising market mechanism to encourage developments, for example I would hope to find a trade partner that would be willing to buy products such as coffee, cotton, rubber from us in order to create an incentive for the country to shift production into these areas. At present we are in need of trade partners in order to make this workable."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
"Well of course that could be solvable and wouldn't be much hazzle for Rhand to be honest, the Ecclesiastical State is the most free-market country in Albion, conducting business is a piece of cake. I would just happily remind and inform yoy that it's up to the consumers and not the state who'll of course desire products from a certain location and it's little to no intervention from my part although ES' largest companies wouldn't mind aiding the cause for a more economically-free and transparent country such as yours. This is thus what I would like to offer in this proposed treaty between us regarding trade in three somple points of interest":

- The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

- Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

- The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 06:18:26 PM »
"Well of course that could be solvable and wouldn't be much hazzle for Rhand to be honest, the Ecclesiastical State is the most free-market country in Albion, conducting business is a piece of cake. I would just happily remind and inform yoy that it's up to the consumers and not the state who'll of course desire products from a certain location and it's little to no intervention from my part although ES' largest companies wouldn't mind aiding the cause for a more economically-free and transparent country such as yours. This is thus what I would like to offer in this proposed treaty between us regarding trade in three somple points of interest":

- The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

- Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

- The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 11:21:44 PM »
Laurenz smiled sadly "It is certainly a good suggestion for a treaty, and I am sure that for most nations it would be eagerly grasped at, however I am afraid that given the economic conservatism of the Nomarchs that such a treaty would cause a domestic crisis here. Even as Autokrator in all but name I would not have the political capital to enact such a treaty.

Perhaps in the early days of reforms we could arrive at a more limited agreement with the possibility of upgrading our trade relations as the economy liberalises?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 10:49:40 AM »
"I understand it isn't easy to please everyone around. In any case, we can save the best bits to the last moment, now we can move on to the diplomatic bit, surely the Nomarchs wouldn't hardly reject the points that easily now:

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
"I do not believe there is anything contained there which could be considered in the least controversial, even among the most conservative minded Nomarchs." said Laurenz finishing his tea "Now to go back to the earlier talk of economics. While I cannot for obvious reasons at this time push through a full free trade agreement I would suggest that it would be possible to drop tariffs for certain sectors and goods which are not available in Rhand.

The rural Nomarchs would have no basis to complain if we were to import goods that they do not produce and which the industrial Nomarchs require. It would effectively keep both parties happy. For example there are certain minerals which are rare or non-present in Rhand which I am told are essential for industrial production which I imagine you may be able to provide us.

There is also the potential to create a Foreign Direct Investment Scheme in which your industries would be allowed to operate here on the basis of partnering with a Nomarch. This way we are able to slowly convince the power blocs in the country that economic liberalisation is not a threat to them, but rather a boon."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »
"I do like the sound of what you just proposed for alternatives instead of an outright free-market operation, both sides could surely agree to that. Now moving on to Defence and Security points, designed to ensure that both sides wouldn't compromise treaties with other nations that have similar arrangements":

- Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

- An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

- The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

- The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

- The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

- In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.