Author Topic: Soaring Crane and the Lamb of God  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Soaring Crane and the Lamb of God
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:23:43 PM »
12:30pm in the early afternoon Celestis International Airport, Celestis, Ecclesiastical State

A passenger plane touches down the schedule is flight 81 from Jyeungsei on what was Blue Crane Airways, Gyeoul’s premier airline. 3 important people in particular where on that flight. All three people where representative of the Gyeoulan government. There was a woman under the name of Munn Jae-Dau, Gyeoul’s Foreign Affairs Minister, a man under the name Wen Yisau the nations Minister of Commerce and Industry nd of course Gyeoulan President Jeon Luu Sou.

The 3 officials made their way off the plane and into a terminal at a low key gate terminal  and with  a small security detail of 15, with 5 Executive Guards for each official. All dressed conservatively in business attire. They were in the land of a traditional ally, one that supported the crushing of communist factions in the north, however started out with rocky relations once Gyoul’s Tzong Dynatic Royal family was purged by the current President’s regime; however relations have normalised over the past 20 years and today was a step further.

A few things where on the agenda today, the Foreign Affairs Ministry wants to get a visa free agreement between the two countries in place as well as begin talks of a potential extradition taty. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry wanted to start a dialogue for a possible free trade agreement, all the documents were in their manila folders, and laptops in working drafts and in order.  A gift was also being closely guarded. A gift of cultural significance, a book, old but kept in perfect dcondition relative to the state that it was in.

It was an old volume of Verdic Buddhist scriptures of the Theovada school from the now preserved Leyaodang Monastery in northern GYeoul which wa ransacked and raided by the former communist terrorist group th “People’s Revolutionary Front” to the governments surprise it hasn’t been ripped or desecrated. The 3 officials were waiting patiently after they want through customs and chatting to each other about what was on the agenda today s well as idle chit chat.

Foregn Affairs Minister Minn Jae-Dau asked the President “So Mr President when did you say the last time you where here again?” President Jeon Luu Sou replied “I think it was in 2005 at Pope Jean Paul II’s funera..It was a ombre day, I was here for a week to attend that as well as visit my grandson who was on a university study exchange here. Speaking of which didn’t yu study on exchange here too Ms Jae-Dau “Yes, I was here in my second year of undergraduate study…Many years ago. Infact I met my husband here.” President Sou replied “Ah yes you told me that I remember.”

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Soaring Crane and the Lamb of God
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
The Pope's private library and study room, one couldn't simply name a more iconic place for the gatherings of state visits to the Church State which has been an ongoing practice for such a long time that it has been ingrained in the essence of diplomacy between the Holy See and foreign governments. Another meeting would now take place soon with the Republic of Gyeoul, a controversial yet seen as a logical ally and friend to the Ecclesiastical State due to the anti-communist past and the thriving Christian community in said country; The Gyeoulan President, Minister of Commerce and Ministry of Foreign Affairs were to be expected shortly in other words. Alongside Pope Peter II, Cardinal Angelo Voiello, Secretary of State, Cardinal Andrew Dussolier, Secretary for the Economy and Cardinal Michael Spencer, Secrertary for Ecclesiastical Security, acting as the highest-tiered ministers and closest men, waited alongside their Holy Father to give any assistance and advice if necessary during the bilateral-talks, although the Young Pope was confident enough that their expertise wouldn't be needed as much as required[1]. According to the schedule, the Gyeoulan guests were to be picked up by an Ecclesiastical convoy heading directly to the Apostolic Palace, situated in the Vatican district of Celestis.

Some time later...

"Welcome your Excellencies to the Vatican and the Apostolic Palace...if you could please follow me." Camerlengo and Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran greeted the Gyeoulan guests as they stepped outside their vehicle, after they entered the main courtyard and proceeded through a side entrance leading up to the Private Library and Study. "His Holiness is more than eager enough to finally meet you, your Excellency" Tauran said while adding some info about the Palace. "Construction of the palace itself started in 1589 during the tenure of Pope Sixtus V. The palace is a complex of buildings, with the Papal Apartment, the Catholic Church's government offices, a handful of chapels, the Vatican Museum and the Vatican library. In all there are over 1,000 rooms with the most famous including the Sistine Chapel and its renowned ceiling frescoes painted by Michelangelo, restored between 1980-1990 and Raphael's Rooms."

Pope Peter II was the first to shake their hands as he'd already been standing up alongside the Cardinal Secretaries, "We're so glad for this opportunity to dig deeper into our mutual and beneficial relations, please take a seat my friends" he said, gesturing to a set of chairs and a comfortable yet elegant coffee table where the afternoon's snacks had been prepared for in advance; normally the discussions would start in the opposite side in the room by the papal desk but as they were more than a handful attendees, it seemed appropriate to make such an adjustment. The cameras from the various news agencies flickered intensively before they were finally ordered out of the room for a later occasion. The normal procedures would include a tradition of gift exchange, though the Pope knew one had to warm up with talks.

"I believe Mr. President that the last time you visited us was back in 2005 when our beloved John Paul II was laid to eternal rest, a much appreciated presence and now 13 yrs later, a Pontiff got the chance to meet a Gyeoulan President in his own abode. We got a few topics of discussion which form a proper treaty between our glorious nations most certainly, though do tell me how it fares nowadays back in the Republic, I assume great progress has been continued to be made in the economic, social and military fields?" the Pope asked as his Cardinal Secretaries were busy making any useful notes.

1. OOC: More info regarding Ecclesiastical Government
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:07:24 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 11:56:45 AM »
The President smiled and lightly chucked in agreement.

"Yes reforms have been put in place, our nation has achieved a lot over the past 21 years years. As you know our nation was throughout most of the 90’s embroiled in civil war and turmoil, with a communist uprising and a corrupt monarchy being neutralised we thought it was best to make a republic instead. E do appreciate your nations patience and needed fridnship in the endaver. We have managed to instill economic reforms that have seen our nation grow each year from 5-7%, various means of large infrastructure projects of repairing the damage and improving communications and transportation networks, as well as large investments in educations particularly in the areas of science, engineering technology and mathematics which have fuelled our technology and renewable energy sectors. “

Foreign Affairs Minister Munn Jae-Dau continued on behalf of her leader ”Yes. In which time our government has been focused in finding trade partners, The Ecclesiastical State seemed like the logical place start. When you think about it so man people amongst both of our nations have friends and family within both of our borders, I mean so many people live and work in the ES  and study on exchange between our universities, like myself for instance. Thus our government would like to open up a visa free agreement to further facilitate an ease of movement between both of our peoples” 

The Minister of Commerce and Industry Wen Yisau “Yes as well as some easing of FDI  programs with the initiation of some form of FTA.”

The President then replied “Ok, slow down you two, let’s not hog all the time. Before we get down to the thick of it, first we should ask what your government wishes to get out of the talks today?” President Sou asked politely with a light smile.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »
"Indeed, a lot can be achieved in merely 2 decades and it gladdens me that it has only been going better ever since the civil war came to an end. Still, I expect that our relationship will still thrive, after all both nations do need each other after all." The Pope said as he took a sip from his coffee and his mood lightened up as he discovered what today's snacks were served, and quickly picked up one, took a bite and let his senses enjoy it. "Wow mmm, Mr. President, ever tried a honeycomb?" Peter said as the syrup dripped on his plate whilst he licked his fingers in the process. "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones I usually say although at the same time our Morelander allies are right about one thing, actions matter more than mere words and thus what we are about to show you is exactly what our Government wishes to see through, for the benefit of the parties involved." Cardinal Voiello right after brought up a copy from his portfolio.

"Feel free to have a look my excellencies and do tell us if there are any changes or wishes to be added or removed." the Cardinal added as the Pope continued to munch on honeycomb.

Spoiler: show
Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) The act of Trade shall be composed of solely Fair Trade and environmentally-friendly commerce

Section III - Security

(11) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(12) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(13) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(14) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(15) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(16) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat

Section IV - Special Agreements

(17) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

(18) The Ecclesiastical State shall annually donate $2 billion to the Republic of Gyeoul

Section V - Miscellaneous

(19) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(20) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed

"As for the annual sports event, may I suggest any from Gyeoul, perhaps a traditional one?" the Pope said. "Whatever we may decide on what to include in this treaty, it's paramount we understand the challenges and dangers Mundus faces as of today, and I can't think enough of what both Normandy and Gyeoul could possibly achieve together along with the rest of our allies, whether it would be the CNN as we're part of or the unofficial 'White League', it's all about mutual transparency and trust in order for this to work perfectly to our advantage, wouldn't you agree my friends?"

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 01:01:00 AM »
Commerce Minister  Wen Yisau looked over and commented "Everything seems o be in order, Except we can do without the donation of $2 billion, we have a solid budge with a rather low deficit, we appreciate the idea but it is not needed . Also section 2-10 does hat man that only fair trade goods would be traded between us? We just need someone to elaborate that?"

The President Jen Lou Suu replied “Yes we need some more explanation on that, as for the sport, football; Taekwondo and ice hockey are very popular we will be happy to host an event with all three of them if you wish?” He said she taking some honeycomb.

The Foreign Minister Munn Jae-Dau also had questions” Section 1-5 [provision 5 is it possible to have that extended in terms of the timeframe in which visas are granted. Many of our people study and work in the ES, perhaps 6 months at time with the allowance of renewal if there stay is going to be longer?”