Author Topic: The Most Fierce and Faithful Gift - Quintelia  (Read 2378 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
The Most Fierce and Faithful Gift - Quintelia
« on: August 28, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To:- King Ferdinand "Lapu" Adartse

The Empire of Quintelia has consistently been dubbed as the Ecclesiastical State's most trusted ally and friend alongside the epitome of acting as the vanguard of the Catholic Church in the continent of Ardia. For years as this has been the case, the Holy Father and the Church in return has gifted the Empire with so many gifts in plentitude and sincerity that it has been hard to keep track of them all, metaphorically speaking. It has come to the Pope's attention that certain traditions ought to be revived and maintained for the sake of honoring the glorious history of our Church and the vast legacy it has left and will continue to leave behind.

Among these traditions and customs is the servitude of the finest Foot Guards one can ever find in Mundus, namely the Pontifical Swiss Guards, stemming from the glorious days of Helvetican mercenaries, they've been traditional Guards serving the courts of our Catholic allies for centuries since the early 16th century including the Ecclesiastical State. Unfortunately due to the ill fortunes of history many of these regiments have been disbanded for a variety of reasons, although as of now the Holy Father's trying to change that around. That is why His Majesty has been blessed to be asked by myself the Commander of the Pontifical Helvetic Guards, Colonel Christoph Graf, if it were possible to send a complimentary force of 135 Helvetic Guards to serve once more a most noble and honorable Catholic Ruler such as yourself for ceremonial purposes; they would certainly attract the well-needed amount of tourists the Empire needs, traditionally equipped with their colorful uniforms and armed with deadly halberdiers.

Jokes aside, I hope His Majesty would accept this gracious gift coming from the Holy Father himself for the sake of maintaining traditions and customs, as a sincere gratitude for remaining loyal to the One True Faith and acting as the most supreme ally and friend the Church state could ever ask for.

Take Care and God Bless,

Colonel Christoph Graf, Commander of the Pontifical Helvetic Guard
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:09:36 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Re: The Most Fierce and Faithful Gift - Quintelia
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 03:05:33 PM »

Official Letter From the Palace of Quinelia

To Colonel Christoph Graf,

The last time Quintelia had a Pontifical Swiss Guard on duty was when Quintelia was still under the Ecclesiastical rule. Now, after more than a century, we are great full in seeing their return. We shall provide decent lodging and accommodations for these one hundred and thirty-five guards. Please do say to them that their schedule will be relatively heavy, with an estimated two to three traditional fiestas they should attend to per week. These guards will also be taught basic Quintelian and if they choose to do so, can opt to study the language more. These guards shall form their own regiment under the Quintelian Army and will receive the same benefits as a Quintelian Army soldier. I am looking forward to seeing these people serve Quintelia for the betterment of both our nations.

Meanwhile, I would like to consider myself indebted to you. As such, I will let you name the price for this small deal of ours. I cannot thank you enough, and may God bless you and have a good luck.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:13:45 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To:- King Ferdinand "Lapu" Adartse

Thank you for the fast reply Your Majesty and your offer, however we rightfully decline as there's no need for such a payment; The Church is already repaid tenfold any amount we would have suggested. Most certainly such a schedule is part of the Holy Father's project, that the Guardsmen will learn more about the culture of nation they're currently serving in duing their free time, including learning the local language spoken there and getting to learn new people. We hope it'll be an enriching experience for both parties and that it can only come fruitful results from these encounters.

Amen,

Colonel Christoph Graf, Commander of the Pontifical Helvetic Guard

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »

Official Letter From the Palace of Quintelia

To Colonel Christopher Graf,

We would like to thank you once again for the deployment of the Pontifical Helvetic Guards. For their first month, I would like to inform that they will be attending to fifteen festivals throughout the nation, with their first official assignment is to attend the San Lorenzo Ruiz Festival in the town of San Jose del Monte,celebrating the life and death of Saint Lorenzo Ruiz, the first Quintelian saint. I hope this letter finds you in good health.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

(OOC: Can this thread be a sort of slice of life rp of the festivals tgat will happen? That's the most reasonable way to go for me. )
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:07:51 AM by Major Jaws »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »
OOC: Anyway you see fit :)

Also, Helvetic, not Swiss ;)