Author Topic: How the Cabbage Rolls (Seaforth & Cabbagelandiet)  (Read 3793 times)

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
How the Cabbage Rolls (Seaforth & Cabbagelandiet)
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »

To: Grand Duchess Alys Arselnaut of Marseilles

Ever since we've met at the Spice Festival, I've wanted to invite you over to Cabbagelandiet and meet you again. So I invite you for dinner and a tour of my palace in Cabbagelandiet, along with other things you would want to do in Cabbagelandiet. May Brassicus Prime watch over thine.

Yours truly,
Lahana Vaizi, also known as Brassicus II.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:12:56 PM by CabbagePreacher »
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Re: How the Cabbage Rolls (Seaforth & Cabbagelandiet)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
My Dear Lahana,

I would be delighted to come and visit you in Cabbagelandiet. Even now, I still think of our meeting at the Spice Harvest...a most wonderful happenstance. I have some minor errands to take care of in Seaforth, such as starting my son Raymond in his new school. Then I will be returning to Troyes to see to my affairs there. I will have my personal secretary contact your people to make arrangements for my visit.

Yours,

Alys

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
It was another snowy, cold day in Cabbagelandiet. Brassicus II was wearing his best coat, being the man-of-coats he was. But he probably wouldn't need to wear a coat if excitement and anticipation could produce heat. He didn't exactly know why, he knew he was in love with Alys, he just didn't know why he was in love with Alys. He was standing around in front of his palace, pondering the why and how of love and the such. And thinking about his old wife, Bergit, who was with Brassicus II since they were a kid, and she was the only person he had ever dated, until Alys came along. He was pretty worried, he hadn't dated a person in 20 years. All his thoughts were interrupted when he saw a silouhette that looked like Alys. And it was Alys, approaching him.

"Ah bloody hell, I've been standing there doing philosophy for a hour Alys!" he said laughing, before greeting her with a handshake and a kiss on her cheeks. "Still, despite having waited in the cold for a hour, I'm still happy to see you again. Though it looks like you don't really have proper clothing for the winter, won't you need a coat? Actually wait, have mine for a second, I'm going to get a new one from inside the palace, and you can keep the one I just gave you. After that we should be set for dinner." He gave his coat to Alys and ran off inside the palace.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Peterhoff and Katarina were taking a walk outside the palace as well, two siblings conversing to each other. "...so I asked Cséynep out and... Wait isn't that the woman from the news? You know the one dad danced out with." said Peterhoff, talking to Katarina. Katarina replied, "Well, I believe it is, Pete. And I thought this day was going to be boring, talking to you again! But why would she be here?" Peterhoff laughed "Well it seems the magazines weren't looking for a scoop this time. The two are actually going out, the old man Lahana has found love before me, it seems!" Peterhoff looked a bit closed at Alys "You know, that woman isn't giving off a good vibe to me. She looks like she's plotting... I don't know, murder? World domination? Stealing my hat?". Peterhoff approached Alys along with Katarina, which Alys was alone, her partner searching for a coat in his palace. "Hello there, madam. May I ask who you are? And why are you in the palace outskirts?" said Peterhoff to Alys, pretending to not to know Alys.

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »

So here Alys found herself, in the ass end of Albion. With the snowfall actually making it feel warm, the flakes fell fluffy and light upon her cheeks. As she exchanged pecks with Brassicus II, he then ran off to fetch her a coat, fur she hoped. Alys wondered idly if the man had some form of ADHD. It was no matter though, the man was charming and polite, something she had not seen much of in the last few years.

As Peter introduced himself, Alys smiled slyly to herself, clearly catching the false introduction.

"Why you must be Peter! Lahana has been telling me about his family. My name is Alys and I am a dear friend of your father's."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »
Peterhoff tried not to laugh when Alys said "dear friend". His father usually wouldn't let even his dearest friends call him by his actual name. Only his kids and his wife would call him by that name. And Alys had just referred to his father as "Lahana", meaning there was something more than friendship going on here.

Before Peterhoff could reply to Alys, Brassicus came back with a coat "Alys! It seems you've met my kids. Two lovely brats they are, aren't they?" Peterhoff got frustrated when Brassicus called him a "brat". He was 18 years old for Brassicus Prime's sake! "Well then, here's your coat." He handed the coat in his hand to Alys. "Let's finally be on our way shall we? Since Marsaille doesn't have a coast, or any beaches due to that, I think it would be a bit of an unique experience for you if we went for the coast, and do whatever you do on a coast, like have dinner, or just contemplate existence. I usually do the former thing." Brassicus laughed and smiled. "Well then, it's just a short walk away, follow me." He held the Duchesses hand and started to walk.

While walking Brassicus decided to ask a question "Alys, I decided to do some research about your time as a ruler and I have a question for you. All this crazy stuff in Marseille happens, you disappear for a while and then come back, alive. What happened in that time while you were gone, and what made you come back?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:01:27 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 06:21:47 AM »

Alys allowed Brassicus II to help her shrug into the coat.

"It's lovely to have met you both." Said Alys, tossing a playful wink at Peter.

Allowing herself to be led to the coast, Alys was slightly confused. Marseille did in fact have beautiful warm beaches. She didn't have much time to react however as Brassicus blasted her with the ultra forward question.

"Checking up on me dear? Looking for the skeletons in my closet? Fear not Lahana, my husband is quite dead. Murdered I'm sure. My country highjacked, my husband murdered I did what I had to. I disappeared. I had my son. I kept him safe."

Here Alys paused for a moment, gathering herself.

"Part of the reason Marseille was highjacked was I allowed it to be. I had...personal problems. I was...I am...an addict. So part of what I did was to get clean. Two years now, in fact. I'm not proud of who I was, but I am proud of who I am now, and I owe it to my son that I make a future for him. The best I can. He is the true King of Seaforth, the Dauphin of Marseille...he is more than an addicts son and deserves more as well. King Andrew acknowledged that and made my son a Baron. It's a small start, but a start nonetheless."

Alys stopped and tugged on Lahana's hand pulling him into her. Reaching up with her other hand she held his cheek and looked deep into his eyes.

"If that's too much...if I'm not the one for you...I beg you to tell me now. I will understand. I will get back on that plane and leave as your friend and remember our dance at the Spice Harvest and perhaps join you for tea one day...but I won't be what I was...I won't be just one more coat lying about the palace."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »
Brassicus II hadn't expected his question to have such a reaction. He was now being looked at deep in the eyes, and he was really nervous.

"U-uh... Alys, if I thought you weren't the one for me, I wouldn't have called you here. I am proud of what you've done for your kid... Your son. I'm not those Catholics running around, thinking past things taint people or the like and you need to buy indulgences. No, I care how you are right now, and frankly... I love how you are right now, Alys." After finishing his words, he leaned forward to kiss Alys.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:44:42 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 06:12:00 PM »
To: My dear Alys Arselnaut.

I hope you've been doing well, dear. It's been a while since you and I have had a private moment together in a non-diplomatic environment. I think it'd be lovely to go or do something together. Perhaps you'd like to propose somewhere we could go? Or should I find something for us to do?

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Lahana Vaizi

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »
My Dear Lahana,

I was just thinking that! I have been taking care of some errands, but my schedule has opened up and I need a break. I 'm booking tickets as we speak and would to see more of your country. Can you take me on a tour of Brasscirom?

See you soon,

Alys

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
It seems that fate had doomed Brassicus to waiting. Waiting for people in front of his palace in freezing, snowy weather. Normally, he'd complain to himself and question why he wouldn't just hire someone to wait in front of his palace for him. But he wasn't complaining today, as he was waiting for someone very special to him. Brassicus had of course went out early for such a special guest/occasion.

After waiting for half an hour, he finally saw Alys coming. He quickly ran towards her, kissing and hugging her at the same time before talking.

"Alys! I've been waiting for you for such a long time! I hope you've forgotten all the emberassing moments that happened last time we were together..." Brassicus was mentioning the Lodjan wedding, of course. "...But I'm happy to see you! And I hope you are happy to see me as well!" Brassicus coughed before resuming to talk "Ahem, anyways. I've heard you wanted a trip 'round Brasscirom?" he quickly whipped out a map of Brasscirom out from his pockets, the same pockets that carried the engagement ring he planned to use later in the day. "I think there'd be four major locations we could visit..." Brassicus pointed to the locations as he spoke "... The Cabbagelandetian Council building, the Shortchurch Church, a lovely building it is, the Old Isauros Palace, now a publiceum, and the Organizesanayi District, the heart of Cabbagelandetian industry. Also, thinking of it, there's also the Lahanezyen Square that could be of interest. So where do you want to start with?"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:48:06 AM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »
"Of course I'm happy to see you!" Laughed Alys.

"Your tour sounds lovely. If you are wanting me to be spending more time here, I should know something of your country and people...and perhaps we can revisit a certain conversation we never finished."

With that, Alys kissed Brassicus on the cheek and slipped her arm in his.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »
"Of course, I want you to spend more time here! It's pretty lonely and boring around here when you aren't around. Being Grand Preacher isn't anything exciting, Cabbagelandiet is a small, quaint place. Nothing really happens around here." Brassicus laughed "And of course... I'm flattered that you still want to finish that certain conversation after... my stupidly stupid rambles."

The rest of the trip went pretty uneventfully. Brassicus showed Alys around the Council Building, and it's wooden columns adoring the walls. After that, the Shortchurch Church, where his wife Bergit was in eternal rest. Brassicus made sure to mutter a few words of prayer while passing by her grave. The Old Isauros Palace was more important in historical aspects rather than modern day aspects. It was now a "publiceum", renovated to house soup kitchens, homeless shelters and whatnot. Brassicus told Alys of its original occupants, how they were deposed by his father, a commoner now known as Brassicus I. Brassicus then made his way to the Orgenizesanayi District, two places that were right next to each other. He showed Alys around the various massive Cabbagelandetian factories. Lastly, he showed Alys around the Lahanezyan Square with it's various quaint shops. He decided to buy Alys a fitting hat while he was there.

After the tour was done, Brassicus decided to go back to the palace, still hand-in-hand with Alys. He decided that he'd get Alys some tea. "You know Alys, I feel like I'm forgetting something..." he said, on the way to the palace. "...Oh right! Our little conversation that ypu wanted to visit!" Brassicus smiled and got out a black box out of his pocket, and opened the black box, unsurprisingly revealing a ring. "Well Alys, I think you can guess what I'll say. Ahem, do you want to marry me?"

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 07:55:25 PM »
"You know how happy that would make me Lahana, but there are somethings you should know. I am no man's trophy wife. I will not while away my years sipping tea and waiting for you to come back. I have already spent a lifetime waiting. Which leads me to the second item."

Alys paused to catch her breath and organize her thoughts.

"I am not Alys Arsenault. My sister has gone to Materna. Elder by only a few minutes, our parents did not want a potential conflict at the time one of us was to take the throne of the Grand Duchy...so they spirited me away. They hid me in a Bene Gesserit school of all things. The tried to determine my future for me as well, but I would not be pigeon holed into a role not of my choosing by them either. So my parents having passed and my sister as Grand Duchess, I watched from the sidelines as she allowed religious extremists to suborn my country, strike at it's neighbours and the CTO chop it up into bits afterward. Alys died in the time Seaforth went dark. Overdosed in a hotel room, her son sitting on a bed and watching TV next to her corpse. My nephew and I have been dealt raw hands by the fates and I will not allow our course in life to be determined by others ever again."

Alys's face softened as she smiled at Brassicus.

"But you are different, I sense. I feel that you could be a true partner to me...and vice versa. So now you know my secret. If you accept that and would have me as wife, then ask me by my real name...Allyson."

This was it. Allyson's right hand slipped down to the poisoned Crysknife concealed in the folds of her clothing. In a few short seconds she would have a fiancé or, to protect her secret, Cabbagelandiet would have a new Preacher.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:18:51 PM by Rhodes »

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »
"Ah, bloody hell Alys! I'm not the man to let a woman like you be wasted in some abandoned-factory-palace!" said Brassicus. He was thinking of something more clever to say, but 'Alys' interrupted his thoughts.

Brassicus was quite shocked by the fact that 'Alys' wasn't Alys. But still, his shock was supressed by a sense of apathy. Did he really care about who the woman in front of him was? No, quite frankly, Brassicus didn't care. He had already 'accepted' Alys, so why shouldn't he accept Allyson? Allyson was better than Alys. She wasn't an incompetent hedonist who ruined her country, she was some poor soul who had been caught in the terrible storm called "politics".

Brassicus started laughing uncontrollably. He had noticed 'Alys' slipping down, possibly to a some sort of weapon. Brassicus then quickly got his pistol and mace out, throwing his weapons far away. "Oh you lovely fucking fool! Don't worry, you won't have to kill me! Here, I am now unarmed for Brassicus Prime's sake, kill me now if you want to!" he went silent for a second, having a slight fear of getting killed, before continuing "I 'accepted' your bloody sister, your inbred hedonistic mangy perfidious cunt of a sister! If that hasn't stopped a fool like me, then you needn't be worried, some secret isn't going to stop me from loving you!" He fell on to 'Alys's shoulders as he started crying, while still laughing. "Bloody hell! And I was worried that you were actually Alys, and that I'd have to make some sort of hard moral decision by accepting someone who caused war and hell!"

Brassicus stayed silent for a minute, calming down and wiping his tears. "Bloody hell... Bloody hell... You know my dear Allyson, if I didn't have an intention of being your partner, me being here is a pretty stupid idea. Everybody thinks I'm some lustful naive fool, blinded by some harpyinious Duchess. If we were to look at the side of 'politics' and whatnot, then marrying you, heck, being around you is a stupid idea. But here is Mr. Lahana Vaizi Brassicus, son of Ağustos Karınlıbahar Brassicus, believing that unconditional love between two invidivuals in this hellscape called 'Mundus' can still exist."

"Anyways, your secrets safe with me Allyson. You shall be Alys to everyone else, but to me, you shall be Allyson." said Brassicus, getting the black box containing the ring into his hand again. "So, I hope I won't have to repeat this statement again, will... Will you marry me Allysson?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 06:07:15 AM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »

Alys presented her hand to Brassicus and allowed him to slip the ring on her finger. Kissing her now fiancé through an impossibly large smile, she whispered in his ear.

"You have made me the happiest girl in all of Albion my love."