Author Topic: Invitation to a New Empress' Enthronement  (Read 11556 times)

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
Re: Invitation to a New Empress' Enthronement
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
By this point the pair has reached the room Ælirn had set aside for the conversation, and the Princess waits until they have both taken their seats to continue the conversation. "Well we do recognize that the Iwi in Maryrn exist, but some of them have been rather... uncooperative? No, no, no, no, no... Unwilling to compromise? Errrr," Ælirn seems like she's struggling to figure out exactly what she wants to say, before shaking her head and giving up, "One of the big problems is one of the Maori holy sites in Maryrn. Which a previous Empress built one of the largest temple complexes on top of, including the largest Sun Temple in all of Xæth."

"But rugby? Ummm, no opinion really," she says with a small smile, "I'm not really much one for sports."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
"My understanding is the Maori don't have places of worship as such. I am sure that measures can be taken to try and bring the Maori to a point where they are not holding yourself accountable. Thats how we need to think to move things forward. However I see no reason why we can't start trying to put you two back together. What would your thoughts be if I was to suggest that in say a months time I invite your equivalent of a Prime Minister to Northfort, at the same time inviting the Maori's Royal Envoy. It would coincide with a local rugby game where the two can be my guest. It would perhaps allow for an informal meeting that could lay some ground work to a formal visit between yourself and King Piripi and because it would be a social gathering it means no nation is under pressure to come away with some kind of public deal. How does that sound?"

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2019, 10:16:33 PM »
"Well, I mean, it's... I just know it was, is! Is an important place to them," Ælirn said, the words not coming out as she would've liked. And at Henrietta's offer, Ælirn grinned and opened her mouth to speak, only to quickly shut it again as she was slapped in the face by a realization. Xæth's Prime Minister. As far as Ælirn was concerned, there was no other candidate for the job but her Aunt Llyri. Llyri had been Prime Minister for most of her mother's reign; she was competent and experienced. Sure, Llyri was something of a xenophobe who put Xæth first and other nations never but Ælirn believed she could trust her Aunt to run the country properly. After all, it was the Empress who gave direction to the nation while the Prime Minister put everything into action. And Llyri had been vocally opposed to the presence of foreigners at the Enthronement, at least in private, but she had relented to Ælirn's wishes. But a social visit to East Moreland? Truth be told, even if Llyri was on her best behavior Ælirn worried that would make things worse. But if the Maori were to be sending somebody important, then Xæth would have to send somebody important, wouldn't they? Otherwise it might be an insult. But then again, officially it was just a friendly visit not any kind of official meeting between the Maori and Xæthoons.

Then Ælirn came to the realization that she had perhaps been sitting there utterly silent for too long whilst her thoughts and concerns ran amok in her head. "Something like that sounds like it would be a wonderful start. But I will sort of have to kind of talk and sort things out with my Aunt beforehand though," the words perhaps spilling out of her mouth faster than they should have in an attempt to fill the silence.