Author Topic: Two Weddings No Funerals  (Read 14204 times)

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
Re: Two Weddings No Funerals
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »
Gaia's Old Market Square

The two sistersly Royals Crown Princess Johanna Heloise Alessandra Gough and her younger sister Emille Charlotte Jorman Gough wearing matching burgundy dresses with a sweet heart neckline with matching pearls. Johanna wore heels, her much taller younger sister however wore flats. Johanna’s hair dead straight and in a pony tail, Emille’s hair also dead straight but not in any particular style.

Emille asked “Why are we matching, its weird sis.”

Johanna replied “Yeah well you said you said you needed something quick and this is the only thing I had, a spare, we can argue over who pulls this off better later.”

“Sure. Also I got both bottles of the authentic Vandherhamp Gin 1925.” 

Johanna replied “Ok good..Wait both?”

Emille looked at her quizzically “Yeah…Why?”

Johanna hesitantly replied in a low soft-spoken voice. “I got those from the Fleur de mandragora province if you know what I mean.”

Emille shrugged it off “So I mean what does that have to do?…Oooh…Oh No.” She She said as she put two and two together.

Johanna started to panic “We are screwed, so screwed. Oh man, we are so fu..”

Emille Interrupted her sister before she can draw attention to herself “Sssh..Ok just calm down…Look there is an easy fix to this. It’s not like they are going to drink the Gin tonight, worst thing to happen is that they get to the point here they find enlightenment on their honeymoon…Both bottles look exactly the same, we didn’t know, therefore plausible deniability.”

Johanna was semi scared but still maintained composure “How is that fixing anything?”

“Oh I’m sorry, what’s your plan?”Emille replied sarcastically
Johanna just sighed

Emille responded “Yeah that’s what I thought. ”Lets just not acknowledge this and just have a good evening, put our gits over with the others and just enjoy the evening.”

Emille then got the gin bottles and put them at the gifts section, while Crown Princess Johanna looked composed and calm while panicking in her head about how many potential laws they may be violating and looked around for people she knew.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
"Hehe, well you could say that I'm in the midst of advancing my family's interests as well; I wouldn't mind the fact that we're both doing our bids as part of these everlasting schemes." He replied with a smile as they continued the dance; Lodja still retained traditional and conservative aspects within their society, and likewise one could see similarities in Krimeon's too, which made it easier for Prince Charles to relate with Lady Ivanova. "I'm truly trying to live such a life you're describing to me right now, being single does have its merits and all don't get me wrong, but when it comes to me personally it'll come a time when I need to settle down with someone I truly want to spend the rest of my life with, acquire children if possible in one way or the other; it's after all part of carrying the dynasty legacy and genetics forward." he joked slightly, fully realizing that he was well within that certain age range. "Apologies if it sounds silly to you or anything, but it's the reality and destinty I'm facing it seems." he replied further with a shrug.

Their dancing and conversation came to a temporary abrubtness as the news was relayed to them about the successful rescue of Minister Anna Utkin, who happened to be a commoner in the inner layers of Lodjain governance, much to the dismay of the Patricians and as to which Prince Charles fully noticed. He made a simple comment, not wanting to delve much on internal matters he didn't truly care or know much about: "Despite her commoner heritage, do you find her to be competent enough for the job as Minister of Social Affairs, or is there any other candidate you'd prefer handling said occupation?" he curiously inquired.

"At least she's having her fun as it lasts." he said watching the Queen dance in a trance-like manner. "It's certainly not easy being a young ruler of a large country such as yours. My father became the Tsar at age 21, right after the death of his grandfather and in the midst of receving his university education, with his father already passed away when he was a little kid. He's a strong character, fighting for what's right and just, caring about the Krimeonite people's Welfare and such, truly admirable in my opinion; still steadfast and focused after almost 46 years of reign. Didn't one of your Queens manage to live until she became 101 years old, unless I'm mistaken? In any case, I do agree that having Leopold as the premier husband and acquiring a first child will make her mature quicker, though we shouldn't be surprised if our speculations prove to be false, after all she seems to be a free-spirited person and y'know how it goes." Charles said.

"You can be sure enough that I'll see you at the second wedding tomorrow alongside my Uncle and his wife, and...Oh boy I almost forgot." he grinned and became a bit red on his face even mentioning them. "My cousins, Princess Johanna and Princess Emille from Huisslandia; I'm telling you, don't let those deadpan faces of theirs make the wrong impression, as as soon as you given them the right conditions and a bit of 'fun' stuff, they become wild as fuck." he whispered humourously. "They're like sisters to me My Lady, and knowing them after all of these decades, whenever we visit them in Huisslandia and vice versa...the adventures I get dragged into, it's fun though." Charles said. He continued dancing with Antonia until the very late hours of the evening, and there came a time when everyone headed back to their quarters.

"Antonia" Charles began to say as they danced the final moves, "I've enjoyed your company greatly and thanks for the wonderful dance, has been a pleasure and honor to get to know you in this land. However I was wondering if you'd be interested in having dinner some time later, just you and I? It would be at your preferred time and location if willing." he asked with a strong set of encouragement, as frankly he started to develop some feelings towards her, being impressed by her intelligence, beauty and grace, and wanted to investigate further if there was a truly genuine connection after all.

After waiting for her answer, whatever it may have been, he replied: "Understood...Also, I wouldn't mind continuing the evening in private quarters, you'd like for me to follow you into yours or mine? I actually have a talent for concucting cocktails." Charles said proudly, "My secret recipe is called 'Equilibrium', and you gotta try it, it'll literally restore all things in balance, I swear." he laughed a little. Whether she would continue on or not with the final stages of the evening, it didn't matter in the end, as Charles felt satisfied and pleased with the positive outcome by spending time with Lady Ivanova.

Charles woke up completely into the early hours of the morning, staring into the ceiling to re-orientate himself as to where he was, before remembering and getting out of bed, completely naked with the full package exposed, as it was the preferred way of getting a good night's sleep and the experts did say that it's generally healthy and beneficial to do so. Opening the curtains, a ray of sunlight passsed through the window, and the Prince considered it to be a fine day for a wedding. Without wasting much time, he went into the bathroom with his casual wedding attire to prepare.

After a shower, change of clothes and a light breakfast, he headed out quickly into the streets and made his way to the Gaia's old market square, still thinking about his time well-spent with Antonia yesterday evening, as it filled his heart and soul dearly about that amazing woman. Nevertheless as he eventually arrived at the wedding venue, noticing not only the last touches of preparations by the wedding crew but to his joy and excitement...the Gough princesses of Huisslandia. At first, he sneak peaked from a corner, listening to their quirky and funny conversations they had about their choice of alcohol. Oh, you two never change lol. he told himself, before deciding to break the ice and guide them from distress.

Tip-toing to the unsuspected girls, he made a boo whilst slapping their firm asses in the process, before breaking into a laugh and giving them a bear hug. "Oh how I miss dearly my dearest cousins who could very well be my sisters!" he exclaimed. "Well well, don't you two look hot today? I'm sure it'll attract every hungry Lodjain Noble out there." he joked giving them each a pat on their backs. "Uncle Rodrigo and Victoria will soon join us, y'know how old folks are trying to get out of bed. In any case, where the hell were you guys yesterday?" he inquired curiously, whilst keeping an eye out for the other guests and especially Lady Ivanova.

"Also...you screwed up with the alcohol AGAIN...am I right?" he asked teasingly.

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »
Crown Princess Johanna jumped nerviously out of surprise. Prince Charles seemed to just appear out of nowhere. I”Holy god Charles, it’s not nice to sneak up on a scared woman. And Also before you say anything just know...Its all Emille’s fault.”

Emille walked back while placing the gin bottles. She greeted her Krimeon cousin “Hi Charles it’s nice to see you and contrary to my loving and supportive sister wanting to throw me under the metaphorical bus, this is her fault for getting a drugged-up version of the bottle to begin with. Also to answer your question the reason we weren’t here yesterday is because we where……Delayed. “She said clearly omitting some facts but didn’t feel like going into great detail.

Johanna clearly irritated but still composed. “Yeah fine we can argue all night about this but right now we need to focus on the task at hand, we need to find exit points.”

Emille responded "OK Calm down, lets not panic or loose our heads, lets just enjoy the evening and not call attention to it, remember what I said about plausible deniability.”

Johanna sighed and massaged her head in frustration. "I don’t care what time of day it is I need a drink.”

Emille replied in her usual deadpan brand of sarcasm “Want one of the bottles? You know kill two birds with one stone?”

Johanna gave her sister a death glare but shrugged it off out of lack of energy at the time.”Charles do you want anything?”
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:26:12 AM by Viljandi »

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »
"Well then, I must say it is an honour to be speaking to somebody as blessed as you are," Allan told Anfisa, a playful smile on his face, "But that reminds a bit of Xæthoon women. On special occasions even the poorest of women will bring out enough jewelry to drown a man. Just take a look at my niece; the only difference between her and a common woman is that her jewelry is a bit more expensive." By now Allan had noticed Ælirn and Genadi having made their way to the Xæthoon booth, and he chuckled as he shook his head. He was sure they were both enjoying themselves, although he was absolutely certain that his niece didn't understand the politicking going on.

"But I agree, there's nothing I prefer more than peace. Only fools prefer the alternative, I say," he said with a grin, then sighed, "But a wife... I do have to admit that I'm not certain that I am quite ready to settle down as it but I must say that that sounds quite enjoyable. I may love Xæth with all my heart, but I have no doubt I could get used to Lodja."

------

"Oh, no. No, not at all," Ælirn said quickly, shaking her head, "We don't drink. Just some water would be fine, thank you."

Ælirn listened intently and not once did she think about what being seen speaking privately with an Empress would do for Genadi's social standing. She wasn't totally blind, of course, but those sort of thoughts were not what was on her mind at the moment. "It sounds quite different from our life. We've known we were going to be Empress since we were a child, but our mother was always kind. She never forced things on us, she..." Ælirn cut herself off as it clicked in her brain that talking about her deceased mother wa not where she wanted this conversation to go, "But, racing cars? Really? Since our trip to East Moreland we've become rather interested in Formula Mundus ourself; it's so exciting! But... Why not do it anyway? Does it matter what everyone else thinks?" She knew that her saying so was perhaps a bit hypocritical as she often worried immensely about what others thought, but that wasn't something she could control and rationally knew that it didn't matter.

Though when Genadi referred to her as 'charming', she couldn't help but blush a little. "Oh no, no we're not that charming," she said, nervously laughing it off, "But, yes. To, yeah." She softly toasted Genadi and took a drink of her own.

"Oh, our mother was fond of beer too," Ælirn said, kicking herself again and thankful that Genadi had asked another question, "Oh, of course! My Uncle and us are looking forward to it! Today was wonderful, and I'm sure that tomorrow will be too."

------

However, unfortunately for the Xæthoon pair the night could not last forever and they eventually were forced to make their way to the rooms they had been offered on the Isle. However Ælirn had something she wished to go beforehand, telling her Uncle to make his way there without here. Ælirn did her best to quickly find Alla Kohut, hoping she was still present. Thankfully it didn't take long and when Ælirn offered to give a gift to Sessifet as was traditional for visiting Xæthoon Empresses, the High Priestess was more than happy to oblige. It wasn't a particularly large gift, but it was still beautiful nonetheless: it was a chunk of solid opal, carved into an intricate depiction of the goddess Sessifet. The High Priestess thanks the young Empress, and when she offered a short blessing Ælirn was more than happy to accept before she made her way off to her room.

She awoke early the next morning, groaning as she got out of bed. She hadn't got the best night's sleep; she often had trouble sleeping in unfamiliar places, but she was far from exhausted so it was unlikely to prove to be a problem. Her Uncle, on the other hand, hadn't yet awoken when his niece arrived to collect him. And so she ended up having to spend several minutes out in the hall while he got dressed. As both were from a tropical land and the day's festivities were on the street in the winter, the pair of them were both wearing their fur coats as they went on their way, chatting as they did so.

"Princess Anfisa isn't going to be making her way out of your room, is she?" Ælirn asked, deadpan.

"Well, first of all my dearest niece she is Priestess Anfisa. And no, I haven't seen her since last night."

"So she left in the middle of the night, got it."

"I didn't sleep with anyone. And why are you so interested in your Uncle's sex life?" Allan said raising an eyebrow, "It's a little weird, Ælirn."

"We... We're not! We were just making a joke! Don't make it weird Allan."

"It's a weird topic."

Ælirn just scoffed and rolled her eyes while her Uncle laughed as the two walked onwards, ready to start the day.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2019, 10:17:06 AM »
The preparations for the day where now underway, Klara assumed that the various different foreign attendees had been guided to their various transport. She'd heard Dragen Kzenevic outside talking to various people, he sounded cheery and glancing down from her bedroom window she could see though he was a little hungover. Even her husband Leopold was now on duty helping smooze the various guests, he spotted her and waved before leading some foreign lady towards the cliff train. Once at the quayside motor boats took the guests across to the mainland. Each visitor who had stayed on the Isle was presented with a polished black wood coach, its seats in rich creamy leather and inlaid with gold thread. Each was flanked by a foursome of spear wielding lancers and once the coach was set off it set. The streets were packed but the main route had been kept clear, little groups had dragged TV sets out onto the streets either side and parties where clearly being set up. The Lodjain flag hung almost everywhere you looked and the various statues and emblemns of Sessifet had been decorated with garlands of flowers and scarves of bright colours. Music rang out from the streets that ringed Gaia's Royal Square its central column of Sessifet had been hung with giant coloured garlands cascading down from its high plinth.

The square was packed full of chairs, heavy wooden and velvet cushioned ones at the front in a circle around the statue while further back that you went the less luxurious the seating. A lottery had taken place letting the general public attend and as well as the various visiting royals and high profile VIP's around 5,000 people would attend, half Patricians and half Pleblians. Some of those seats were already filling when the first guests of the Queen arrived, smartly uniformed soldiers formed a block between the foreign guests seating and the general publics. That didn't stop some of the general public trying to speak to the guests, some keen for photographs with a foreign monarch, others just to say hello. The guards didn't stop that interaction but maintained the luxuorious seats as a kind of safe haven for them. Lord Besarian was among the first to arrive, shook hands with a few people before taking up a position near the statues column.

Roksana was in an apartment in the city that belonged to Klara, she was being attended by some of her family friends, it made a change to be the one being pampered and she had selected a white dress with a red embroidery of her family seal. She was nervous, in a few hours she'd be a member of royalty, making her family among the most influential in the Queendom. It was something she'd have done happily for her family anyway but the fact that she was in love with Klara was even better. She wasn't sure long term how the marriage would work between the three of them, herself, Klara and Leopold but she was sure they would find a way, some Queen's had made much more complex and numerous liaisons work for them. There was a knock on the door and it was time to go, they'd planned on her and Klara arriving at the East and West gateways to the square at the same time and a smartly dressed Royal Marine captain was doing his best to co-ordinate matters. "It's time ma'am" he said as he opened the doors for Roksana. Her closest friends where outside the appartment and applauded as she and her father emerged, similarly on the Isle the Palace staff clapped as the Queen appeared. While Roksana was driven in a smart black car the Queen was in a carriage similar to those of the guests, however hers was gold in colour, she was joined by her three Ladies in Waiting and her stand in of Tonya. Meanwhile her outriders included King David, he'd brought his own saddle with him to support his back which looked slightly out of place alongside the Lodjain lance weilding officers, he held his heavy sword vertical as they made their procession through the streets. They arrived, slightly before Roksana whose car had been stuck in a crowd of well wishers keen to give their best wishes to the former Lady in Waiting. The Queen waited as she watched from the North entrance the last few people hurry in and take their seats.

OOC- Feel free to just grab a seat etc. Have a chat with people. I'll start this ceremony on Thursday.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »
"Unfortunately Picking up won't be an option due to some Imperial Duties. I am sure you will be able to come to our Seats."

Adelheid had picked a Red Winter cloak for the cold day, with black Lace and a comfortable bulk of Fur.
Spoiler: show

She had arrived a couple hours earlier, there was a little something about the Gift Orion had planned that needed preparation. The Pup had instructed her several times he desired this to be handed by him in Person, without the Press.

Adelheid wasn't too happy, but she had forwarded the request to Lady Anna. Due to the little Deal they Struck with her they had some Moments in he Morning to coordinate:

"It's really your decision. He wished just to make sure i try, not that i succeeded." Adelheid mention on the Phone to Lady Anna, while taking her Seat. She made sure a place next to her was reserved for Makar. "Also, one Question for the next days? Do you have Disabled Facilities in the Palace? Else we could Park the Airships in your Backyard. I do think you have the Space."

Orion had been blushing bright red the rest of the evening. He spoke his mind and rushed more than a little bit ahead. Not to mention that Albrecht kept his word and a firm palm found way into Orions face later that evening.
He was tired and nervous, they rearranged seating to be close to Lady Annas Family. What they didn't tell was that the "Citizens" behind them where the Imperial Family, all nine at the time present Nieces and Nephews of Orion along his Uncle Kurt and Albrecht's Mother. Orion felt rather Guilty about the Deception, but Albrecht kept ensuring him:

"If we could we would show up just as normal, but this is the closest thing of them being able to witness the Wedding and us maintaining the pretense. We got Sunglasses and hats for all of them so even if we get a stray Picture nothing will happen."

"But what about the Lodjans that don't get Seats for us Bringing so many?"

"They get a vacation to our Palace and an exclusive Dinner with you in Return." Albrecht shrugged: "Should work out fine."

Orion took a deep breath, his shoulder slumping. He glanced over to where Gavril would be - Albrecht had ensured a little distance - and wondered if he would like him even beyond the good looks. The shyness was very adorable, but how was he he didn't get yanked onto center stage by an Emperor? Not to mention the fact he should stop thinking about ever being really together with another boy. He'd be married to a Woman by the Senates and then might have as many lovers as he wished as long as he had heirs with the Chosen wife. Not exactly an outlook Orion was happy about.

Glancing up to the center, he sort off envied Klara. She could just take another.

(ooc: those two speak German right now - this is for convenience. Sorry, No Moo-Finns.)

Augustin on the other hand sat beside the others on their chairs, his little Brother Hadrian nervously bouncing up and down on the Chair while he tried to keep him calm:
"Shhhh." Augustin hushed, only to duck down as he saw David.
Hadrian looked down from his own chair, puzzled:
"Why are you hiding?"
"That's Rhin's Papa." He glanced up, carefully: "He's probably mad at me."

This prompted Karloman and Otto to frantically waved and Point at Augustin, only for Kurt and Siegrun holding the Kids down.
"Shush." Siegrun added in an angry tone: "Keep that up and you two will not get any dessert for the rest of the Trip."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2019, 11:15:18 PM »
Queen Klara sat in the coach chatting with the escorts which included King David, she could see the King beginning to shift rather uneasily in his saddle and remembered being told by Lady Stasya about his back problems. "I think I'd like to stretch my legs." the Queen announced and began to exit the carriage, soldiers took hold of the reigns of the King's horse and allowed him to swing himself off the black horse he'd borrowed for the occasion. The Queen went for a little walk in the area where the carriage was parked, the general public had been kept well back but Klara took the time to wave to some before pacing back towards the opening between the buildings that revealed the square, "So many people" Klara said looking at the mass of people. "Do you think it could be the largest attendance at a wedding ever?" she asked no on in particular.

"I believe it won't be far off if it isn't Your Majesty" King David responded.

Across the square they could just about make out the sight of Roksana's car arriving, she and her father exited the car and began making their way towards the centre of the square. High Priestess Kohal waited for them and once they were in position gave a signal. The windows of the buildings that flanked the square opened and a fanfare played as long trumpets poked through the windows taking some in the audience by surprise. The familiar box formation gathered around Queen Klara, King David at the front left corner accompanied by Lady Stasya while the other four corners were made up of the other Ladies in Waiting and Officers from the Royal Air Force. The crowd stood as the group made their way first through the general public and then through the VIP area. King David spotted the Neu Urburzis herd of children as they passed them and Augustin seeming to shrink in his seat, the King kept a stern soldierly look on his face but did give the young Prince a wink as he passed. Son they had reached the centre and Roksana and Klara smiled warmly at each other. A voice came over the speakers set up around the square as the High Priestess began the service. "Today we witness the joining of three entities, the Goddess who is most loving and merciful, Tatiana Kohut" the High Priestess checked that Klara wasn't about to insist on her royal name but seemed happy so she continued, "who is blessed to carry the Goddess inside her and Lady Roksana Pajari." The High Priestess opened the pounch on her belt and began sprinking salt on Roksana "Before you may be given to the Goddess you must be pure" Just as Leopold had submitted to the day before Roksana waited for the dusting with salt to end and then the ceremony itself began.

"Roksana do you admit that you have done wrong in your life?"

"I have Your Holiness" she said solemly.

"You must make a mends for this wrong. How shall you do that?" Alla asked her.

""I shall devote myself fully to the Goddess. My heart is hers and for all time it shall be in her keeping. Her happiness is mine, her sadness shall be mine and together we shall fill each others lives with love. I shall submit fully and utterly to the will of Divine Sessifet and the beautiful women she has choosen." Having finished her oath she got back to her feet and took hold of Klaras hand.

"Do you accept this oath?" Alla asked the Queen.

Unlike yesterday there was no lowering and booming voice this was clearly the Queen making the decision not Sessifet. "I accept the oath." she said beaming widely. "While she may not be the first to have my hand she is the first to have my heart. I am honoured to have such a beautiful, caring and amazing wife. I ask Sessifet to accept Roksana as much as I accepted her choice." The Queen had shared her oath with Alla the day before as it had required a slight change to the proceedings but that was quickly done, Alla launched once more into a reading of scripture before pronouncing the couple married. The crowd cheered and the trumpets began playing once more, the sound of cheering, car horns being blasted and music came from all around Gaia the city celebrating the marriage. The couple returned to the carriage and waited for the military escorts to mount up, each had a Lady in Waiting riding with them as the group set off on the short journey to the coast road and then 1km to the cities tallest building. The top five floors had been secured for a party, unlike the day before it would be rather less formal. The very top floor had been turned into a temporary throne room. It was here the Queen, her new Crown Princess and Leopold sat, Klara's throne had been brought and sat on a tiny platform, people would be given a chance to present petitions and gifts as they day before, however most people had been encouraged to present any gifts to Tonya who stood waiting by a small table. Most of the business had been conducted yesterday but there had been a few guests who hadn't been able to arrive yesterday. One of the first to arrive and present a "gift" was King David, accompanied by Lt. Rowe, the Red Legionnaire who had interupted the dancing yesterday. The King presented him and then stepped back.

"Your Majesty, Your Highnesses" Tristain Rowe saluted the Queen, "On behalf of the Kingdom of East Moreland I would like to present Lady Anna Utkin." the room fell silent as a rather skinnier looking than last seen Minister of Social Affairs entered, the Morelanders had rescued her almsot 26 hours earlier and a good meal, shower and plane ride had helped her feel a little more normal. The Queen stood and didn't wait for Anna to reach her or bow and simply hugged her warmly.

"I'm so so pleased your safe and sound" Klara kissed her on both cheeks took her by the hand and lead her to the throne giving her a seat to one side. "Lt.Rowe this is the best wedding present ever. Thank you" she beamed.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 08:23:30 AM »
Prince Charles proceeded forward with the 2nd batch of gifts that would be more suitable for the other wedding. Greeting Tonya out of a courting manner, he placed a bottle of the Finest Krimeonite Vodka as well as delicious Gingerbread cookies from the city of Krasicyno. It may not have been extravagant compared to the other gifts, but then again the day was supposed to be a bit more informal compared to the day before. "I hope this is to the satisfaction of Her Majesty and the bride." he said and thanked the Lady for the audience. Charles then took a good look of his surroundings properly, noticing the similar setup and architecture of this Tower and the Lakhta business center back at home in the Unified Realms. Pondering humorously whether the two nations copied each other or not, the views were simply breathtaking and thus didn't think about it much longer.

"Ah Lady Antonia, it's great to meet you on Another fine day as well; how have you fared since the last 24 hrs?" he asked.

OOC: Did you see this from one of the previous day?

Spoiler: show
"At least she's having her fun as it lasts." he said watching the Queen dance in a trance-like manner. "It's certainly not easy being a young ruler of a large country such as yours. My father became the Tsar at age 21, right after the death of his grandfather and in the midst of receving his university education, with his father already passed away when he was a little kid. He's a strong character, fighting for what's right and just, caring about the Krimeonite people's Welfare and such, truly admirable in my opinion; still steadfast and focused after almost 46 years of reign. Didn't one of your Queens manage to live until she became 101 years old, unless I'm mistaken? In any case, I do agree that having Leopold as the premier husband and acquiring a first child will make her mature quicker, though we shouldn't be surprised if our speculations prove to be false, after all she seems to be a free-spirited person and y'know how it goes." Charles said.

"You can be sure enough that I'll see you at the second wedding tomorrow alongside my Uncle and his wife, and...Oh boy I almost forgot." he grinned and became a bit red on his face even mentioning them. "My cousins, Princess Johanna and Princess Emille from Huisslandia; I'm telling you, don't let those deadpan faces of theirs make the wrong impression, as as soon as you given them the right conditions and a bit of 'fun' stuff, they become wild as fuck." he whispered humourously. "They're like sisters to me My Lady, and knowing them after all of these decades, whenever we visit them in Huisslandia and vice versa...the adventures I get dragged into, it's fun though." Charles said. He continued dancing with Antonia until the very late hours of the evening, and there came a time when everyone headed back to their quarters.

"Antonia" Charles began to say as they danced the final moves, "I've enjoyed your company greatly and thanks for the wonderful dance, has been a pleasure and honor to get to know you in this land. However I was wondering if you'd be interested in having dinner some time later, just you and I? It would be at your preferred time and location if willing." he asked with a strong set of encouragement, as frankly he started to develop some feelings towards her, being impressed by her intelligence, beauty and grace, and wanted to investigate further if there was a truly genuine connection after all.

After waiting for her answer, whatever it may have been, he replied: "Understood...Also, I wouldn't mind continuing the evening in private quarters, you'd like for me to follow you into yours or mine? I actually have a talent for concucting cocktails." Charles said proudly, "My secret recipe is called 'Equilibrium', and you gotta try it, it'll literally restore all things in balance, I swear." he laughed a little. Whether she would continue on or not with the final stages of the evening, it didn't matter in the end, as Charles felt satisfied and pleased with the positive outcome by spending time with Lady Ivanova.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 11:39:34 AM »
King Piripi and his wife Maata joined the various guests lining up to speak with Queen Klara and her new bride, it was a custom that the Maori didn't really find "normal" but the Lodjains were friends and so the King believed he should shown his respects. Maata handed over a carved miniature canoe "The people of our homeland believe that marriage is a journey and so you must have a  dual canoe. Each persons tribe carves the prow of their individuals to wish them luck." She didn't mention the fact the one she was handing over, about the size of a loaf of bread, was a triple canoe one each for the three of the relationship. Piripi then handed over a metallic fern leaf, it was made of silver and he presented it to Roksana. "Ferns represent new starts and new lives. I hope this one brings you luck and happiness as you start your own." With that the couple bowed and with a swish of their feather and fur capes headed off towards the rest of the crowd.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2019, 12:28:39 PM »
“Don’t get caught by him.” Karloman teased Augustin: “He’ll have a word…” the boy made an elongated pause: “with you once he gets the chance.” pointing with a smirking grin towards David as he passed with a light wink.
A tuck on his own ear by his older cousin Sebastian geared Karloman back into behaving: “If you don’t want a word with Albrecht start behaving. We shouldn’t make a scene, and teasing Augustin does belong in that category.”

The rest of the ceremony went by without much of a hitch, and most of the Kids made their way towards the airship, following Lady Anna’s Invitation they were headed for their new Vacation Spot. Only two of them followed Orion, Albrecht and Adelheid, the later in company of Makar, to the reception.

Adelheid had an elegant red and black dress under her cloak, nothing too unsettling or attention seeking. It was a Silk laced A Line, with a couple of Bird feathers. Her focus was on getting seen small talking with Makar by people at the Reception:
“So, since Lady Anna has offered to take the Herd partially of my hands, are you free the next days?” She sipped some sparkling wine, smiling:
“I am interested in getting to know you better, and not just your kinship degree to the council.” She coaxed a wide smiled: “Any suggestions?”

Albrecht had approached Lady in waiting Anna Imwich: “Most of the horde is on way to your Palace.” He gave a light chuckle: “I hope you are prepared for that many children. They can be a handful. And that even though we are currently two down.”
He glanced over the happening: “Will you be there? Considering you are a Lady in Waiting i assume you’ll be busy the next days. Also, speaking of the next days. Orion has been and will be a little too forward, he’s probably going to offer Gavril a Stipend for our academies. Word of explaining here how our people see being gay. Marriage is a duty to reproduce in our society, Pairs without children are frowned upon, thus the Elder Senate does not allow same sex marriage. In context, there is no Tax or law benefits to marriage unless you raise children. Marriage is, at the same time, not seen as fulfilling. One is almost expected to find your soulmate outside of your official pairing, and many people believe true love can only happen between the same sex. Thus infidelity with the opposing sex is frowned upon, while with the same is not.”
Albrecht pinched his nose bridge: “I just wish to prevent any form of disappointment or surprise here. And as Orion probably rushed forward explaining way too early, he doesn’t get to choose his bride anyway. It will be decided by a Grand debate, and several physical and mental contests alongside, which woman will be the most fitting to bear and raise the next emperor and empress.”

Orion switched clothing on the way to the tower, while it seemed less comfortable, he found his White Parade Uniform a lot more fitting the circumstances. The tunic and Toga combination was somewhat chilly in the Lodjan winter.
He carried a huge Parchment packed rectangle towards the Wedding Pair, behind him two of the children's herd carried each two smaller parchment packed rectangles. In a Purple dress with a fitting hat and Huge sunglasses Kunigunde was one, followed by Augustin in a black child sized suit and a fly, with a top hat and equal large sunglasses.

Orion handed the press nearby a nice little letter before approaching the throne:

“We will not demand of  you not to release pictures of the two younger members of the imperial family, though would ask you not to. We also have to inform you, should you decide you to do so, you can not travel to the Empire anymore without facing charges of having released the Pictures. I hope you understand these are old laws, but the Senates are fiercely defensive about them.

Orion the first of his Name, Emperor of Neu Uburzis”

As it was his turn, the five frames were placed in front of Klara, Roksana and Leopold, while Orion was standing behind the largest one:

“Your Majesty, your Highness. I can not bring you something as significant as the first gift of today, but for the second wedding i wish to gift you something more personal. This is not the gift from a nation, but the gift from a young wannabe artist back to the Inspiration.”

He slowly started to rip off the paper, revealing an ornate wood frame and the oil painting it held:
Klara with her defiant gaze in her coronation dress, spooning in the chocolate gateau with a defiant gaze, as the cake shovel was still stuck on her plate, depicting that she took it up to herself to get the first piece.

Orion’s face had started to turn a bright glowing red, he seemed somewhat embarrassed now that the cat was out of the bag. Hiis niece and nephew revealed the remaining two pictures on command:

The four frames held depiction of each of the Lady in waiting at the Time, all in various states reacting to the middle picture:

Roksana was depicted as skirting her Lips, a blush on her lips as she was seemingly contemplating between looking away and looking on.

Lady Anna’s frame showed her hand gripping for something in vain, as she expressed shock and surprise.

In motion of fainting, leaning against a chair, was Lady Jasmina, a strong unidentified male arm holding her fall.

Intrigued and observing was the best description of lady Stasya's posture, seemingly the most composed of the four.

As all Pictures where revealed, Orion’s face had turned into a bright red, glancing up and down with a shy smiled:

“I hope you apologize the artistic freedom with the then Ladies in Waiting, i only made a sketch of her Majesty at the time…” He allowed the pictures to be brought to the Gifts by the Ladies in waiting, unsure their reaction to his not always fortunate portrayal of them:

“I, as this fourteen year old Uncle, Artist and Schoolboy, not as an aloft Emperor, wish for you and your Partners that Love and Understanding will always accompany you. May your goddess guide you towards Happiness.”

Augustin was glad to get rid of the Pictures, they were heavy and he had to be careful with them, and way too many people had their eyes glued on him. He sneaked off as quick as he could, trying to get close to a certain someone. He was still very anxious about meeting Rhiannon's father, unsure how he would react, his hands fiddling in his hands as he walked up to David, his head down, almost loosing his Tophat:

“Uh, your Majesty?” he meekly squealed in a pitched tone: “Could we, talk for a moment?”

he motioned to a little quieter place, Orion trailing him a moment later though with some distance, seemingly allowing him to try and deal with this himself.

“I’m sowy i gat Rhinn into uhm…” he grabbed a piece of paper with notes on it: “trubble.”

He took his sunglasses off, realizing those are probably impolite when speaking to a king:

“I… wasn’t sinking and ran to dainjer, and sat’s why rhinn also gat into trubble…. i’m really sowwy.”
his hat fell down, his blonde hair slightly ruffled as he quickly bowed down to get it back on his head: “I promiss i try my besht to not get her into more trubble. If she coms visit again sat is.”
He glanced up to david, then back down on the floor:
“You can puniss me if you…”
Before he could finish, Orion intervened: “Augustin, lass Das bitte. In Ost Morland geht man anders mit unartigen Kindern um.”[1] Though he did take the Top hat off: “Also, hats off in front of Monarchs.”
He then nodded towards David himself: “Good day, your Majesty. I hope you don’t mind. He had to get that off his chest.”

1. “Augustin, please don't. They deal differently with naughty children in East Moreland.”

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2019, 08:51:07 AM »
David was surprised to find the Neu Urburzis children approaching him, he had liked their nation from the first meeting and considered them friends but he'd never met many of the younger ones face to face so to speak. "Young man Rhiannon didn't get into trouble for following you." The King explained, "My daughter has a habit of sneaking away from people whose job it is to look after her.....and her friends. I'm sure you're own family have people like him." David gestured with a thumb towards Will Buckley, the large security agent who despite his size managed to blend into most backgrounds but was never very far from the King. "People like you and me have people who may wish to hurt us and Will over there protects us from danger." He hoped the young boy understood. "Rhiannon knows if there is danger she must tell Abby who was with her. She broke that rule. That's why she got in trouble because she keeps doing it." He paused for a moment. " In East Moreland we have a saying, we say by our deeds we are known. Do you know what that means?" The King didn't really wait for a response, "It means that what you do is more important than what you say. I hope Rhiannon will visit Neu Urburzis many times in her life, and that you will visit East Moreland many times. If you truly are sorry then next time, just stay away from danger...….and crocodiles." He smiled once more. The King stood and gave his thanks to Orion as the pair turned to leave David thought again for a moment before calling to Augustin. He swung his cross belt so that the ammunition pouch came round to the front and unhooked the button keeping the shiny black leather box closed. He reached inside and removed a tie pin, one he carried as a spare. It was silver and in the shape of a sword, the pommel a delicate carving of a Honeybadgers head. "Back home everyone in my country was proud of Rhiannon for fighting crocodiles, but you did too." He pinned the tie pin to Augustin. " I don't want to keep you from your family, I'm sure Emperor Orion can tell you about what my nation think about swords." he shook Augustins hand and then headed off to find Stasya.

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
A mysterious brown-haired woman crept up behind the two Huiss Gough sisters. She looked almost nothing like them, for starters she wasn’t blond and seemed to be of average hight and spoke Huiss with a slightly harsher tone with a more co-ordinated Biseami inflection. She then placed her arm arms around them casual manner however non-chalantly she spoke she still startled the two Huiss royal women. Only one person they knew could do that, it was their older half-sister Karminea Westerwelle, who somehow found her way from Shuto Biseam to attend this event. Öf course I would find you two idiots here and nearly causing trouble.”

Johanna jumped slightly and gasped and so did her sister Emille  “Holy crap…Karmina you shouldn’t sneak up on people like that, god first Charles and now you too.”  Karmina chuckled lightly. Ëmille merely nodded at Karmina then asked “Well, well, so you’re alive, you know you should call more often mother and father worry, and mum wants to see you.”

Karmina smiled slightly “Look I know they worry, it’s just I’m always super busy and the firm is really taking off, we are getting new clients all the time.” Johanna “Yeah well you can at least call us once and a while. I mean come on your supposed to be our older sister woman.” Karmina merely smiled “Aww, it’s nice you worry about me.” She said in a sardonic tone, but the sisters all knew she meant it.
Karmina was wearing a long silver dress with a sweetheart neck line. With diamond earrings which contrasted her dark brown and almost ebony black hair. Looking almost ethereal. She was also holding a thick burgundy back with a golden ribbon on it with golden thread for outlining. Johanna asked “Whats in that pretty little package there?” Kermina replied “Oh this is just a small gift of Vieux / Coetsierscognac. Its only 35% ABV, so you know, fun if you want to fool around but not so strong that you can go blind. You know not like crazy and possibly tainted and trippy Vandherhamp Gin 1925. Seriously girls come on. That stuff is insane. “But I will leave that for you girls and Charles to sort out” she said as she smiled and waved and gave a playful smile at her Krimeon cousin.

Johanna merely sighed and rolled her eyes, she didn’t need another lecture right now. “Whatever…I need a drink.” The Crown Princess then walked away momentarily. Karmina asked Emille “So where are they?” Emille looked at her quizzikly “They? Oh right, well dad is some stuff with the economic development committee and mum as we speak in Huiss time probably trying to mediate a parliamentary session, its only us two at the moment, and you now.”

Karmina raised her eyebrow “So now we are their representatives. I should probably watch our future Queen.Make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid” She then walked off to the direction of her sister Crown Princess Johanna, leaving Emille with Charles, which always seems to happen as of late.

The two other sisters managed to find themselves Right next to East Moreland King David, not noticing though until the last minute until Princess Johanna Gough almost spilled her drink on him. She however managed to find her footing and managed to prevent spillage. Both of them spoke to eachother in their native Dutch “You aware you almost spilt champaigne on East Morelands King right?” Johanna calmly looked beside herself on the right. “Wow, you’re right, how did I miss that? Wow, has the swoard and everything. So what they say is true?” Karmina replied “Yeah they have this whole marshal culture we used to have under King Xavier. It’s kind of weird but at the same time elegant…You think if I went to EM, I could get one?” She asked Karmina who playfully replied “I don’t know why don’t you ask him? He’s right there.”

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
Unlike when the wedding had been a the Palace on the Isle of the Goddess the wedding party here was rather chaotic. The central part of the square was reserved for the VIP's while around the outside lesser ranked nobles, and even some plebleians mingled watching on the events. If you walked out of the square and round the corner onto the city streets you had streets full of music, colour and partying.

In the centre of the square Queen Klara and her new bride Roksana thanked the various guests for their gifts. There seemed to be rather a lot of alchohol, not something Klara's husband Leopold would see as a bad thing. "I'm sure it will come in for a special occasion." the Duke said as he thanked Karmina for the gift. As people came and went handing over their gifts there were also people presenting petitions, a few noblemen asking the Queen's blessing for marriages for their daughters and sons, a Plebleian scholar asking permission to dedicate a book on the lives of the Queens to Klara and military officers asking for permission to retire or for promotions, pretty standard stuff.

King David was holding hands with Stasya when the two Gough sisters nearly barged into him, he smiled and gave an apology even though it wasn't his fault. When asked about the sword he felt his hand instinctively go to the pommel of his own. "Well in East Moreland swords are a very common sight" David began to explain, "They are an item we attach to our religion and to be permitted to wear one in public you have to gain the permission of a Priestess and fulfil certain criteria. Its rather a momentous day, one you don't forget" He thought back to his own sword ceremony on his 22nd birthday, his father proudly presenting him with the blade that now sat on his hip. He had hundreds of blades in his collection but the only one he would ever wear was this one, a long straight heavy cavalry sword.

"All these Morelanders think their medieval knight" Stasya squeezed David's arm.

With the formalities done Klara took to dancing, her and Roksana wrapped in each others arms, it was different to yesterday when Leopold and Klara had been rather formally arranged. It was clear that there was a real difference in the couples. Leopold was the marriage of tradition and convenience while the marriage to Roksana was one of love and affection. It was possible that in the coming weeks, months, maybe even years that Leopold and Klara would fall in love but that wasn't important. The various couplings from the night before could still be seen, that made Klara smile too, perhaps her weddings would spark more weddings. She liked the idea of her and Roksana's love spreading more love. One exception to that was Jasmina, while last night she had been in the arms of Prince Lennox of Ui Cenneslaig tonight she was arm in arm with Lord Besarian the leader of the Conclave. In days of old in Lodja one could well imagine the Queen personally instructing her Ladies in Waiting to maintain such relationships as they'd been a means of keeping those with important connections in the Queen's good graces and vice versa. Today however it was more laid back although when a woman became a Lady in Waiting it was made clear she would be expected to provide what was known as "hospitality" to any guest, although Klara didn't think she'd ever feel the need to offer the bodies of her Ladies to foreign guests. It was strange thinking that though, 24 hours ago King David had presented that private petition asking for permission to marry Stasya, and Klara had said no. She'd been expecting it and her two younger Priestess advisers had said she should deny the request for the time being, it was as they said an oppurtunity to try and bring the Morelander King closer to Lodja but the more she thought about it the less she was convinced. Klara considered heading over and just telling David to get married but it wouldn't do, after all her religious advisers had warned against it.

The evening went on and servents appeared carrying large elaborate silver candlestick stands, each took three men to carry and a step ladder to ignite the candles. Hundreds of them flickered as people danced, drank and generally enjoyed their evening. Lady Antonia had spent much of the day with Prince Charles, dancing, introducing him to the rich and connected of Lodja. It was a useful relationship that her brother would be interested in cultivating and that would mean if she was instructed by him she'd see where it went. I mean the man seemed a little stiff but wasn't a total loss.

As the cities clocktower bells hit eleven o'clock and various bonfires had been lit to help people stay warm in the cool night air people began to slink away. Klara and Roksana knew soon they'd be carried away by the various household staff to the rooms put aside for their wedding night in the stately halls that surrounded the square. There was however something Klara felt she had to do and for the first time in hours she let go of the hand of her wife. She made her way over to where King David and Stasya were sat talking and laughing the Lady in Waiting wrapped in the King's black military jacket. Klara stopped and paused, made her way over to a table that was full of middle aged couples chatting, "May I borrow a pen" she asked one of the men in military uniform. With a jolt he stood upright from his seat, stood to attention and saluted. Klara nodded in return of his respect and then watched as he went through almost every pocket before producing a batted looking biro and handing it apologetically to the Queen. "Thank you Captain.......Malakiv" she said reading his name badge. She picked up a napkin and with some back and forth scribbling wrote on it before handing the pen back to the army officer and then resuming her passage back towards the Morelander.

"Your Divine Majesty" David stood, his back twinging slightly. Stasya stood too and bowed to her Queen as the King gave a small bow.

"Please, please sit down." Klara motioned to the seat David had just left noticing the feintest of grimmaces on the King's face as he bowed. "I have something I need to present" Klara addressed Stasya and handed over the napkin. "I'm making you the Baronetess of Iskor Inlet" Stasya and David looked confused, David because he had no idea what this place was or the significance of the note, Stasya on the other hand the implication of what was happening. As a noble in her own right she'd no longer be a Lady in Waiting. Klara noted the puzzlement, "I am furthermore naming my new Baronetess as one of my Envoys, I will of course need to find you an appropriate place to base yourself, I'm thinking perhaps to start with you can go and observe the military of East Moreland." A smile spread first across David's face then as Stasya realised that this was a very good thing.

"Thank you Your Divine Majesty" Stasya was beaming and hugged David, Klara stood with her arms out spread looking for her own hug and Stasya obliged.

"I think perhaps in time, say your next visit to Lodja" Klara addressed David, "Then I would expect a petition again" There was a loud cheer from the crowd as a howling pack of Palace staff, one of men and one of women came bustling through the crowd. "I think their coming for me." Klara stood and turned just in time for the pack of women to reach her and without even realising a newly en-nobled Baronetess and her King lover were there hefted Klara above their heads. As they carried Klara horizontally out of the square the Queen saw a laughing Roksana on a parrallel route towards the Halls around the Square. Once inside, customary being put to bed by the staff, Lord Besarian was left to address the crowd.

"Majesties, Highnesses, Lords and Ladies, honoured guests. On behalf of Her Divine Majesty and the begings of her family I wish to thank you for your attendance, for the love and respect you have shown Lodja and Her Divine Majesty. It has been an honour to meet you all and I wish you all a safe and pleasant trip home. Please do not be a stranger. I bid you all good night." With that Besarian stepped down off the table he'd been talking from and took Jasmina by the hand making his way towards his own waiting car.

While the official party was over the music and dancing continued until the sun came up, the street parties rumbled on and on and as street sweepers slalomed around those still revelling Gaia began to slowly return to normal.

OOC - Feel free if you want some interaction or had a plan that never came to fruition to do what you need to do. Just thought it best now to wind this down. Thanks for taking part.