Poll

Who should be the New Monarch of Academica?

Julius Flynn
3 (27.3%)
Anne Ashley
3 (27.3%)
Madeline Byrne
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 27, 2019, 09:56:39 PM

Author Topic: Meet the Monarch Q&A Town Hall  (Read 2157 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Meet the Monarch Q&A Town Hall
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »
Julius FlynnAnne AshleyMadeline Byrne
Year of Birth198619711979
EducationDegree in LawHigh School PhD in Biology
Relation to Grand DuchessGreat-nephewCousinSister-in-Law's grand-daughter
Brief BiographyA rather keen hunter he has earned a reputation for frequent visits to Zimalia hunting wild game. He is however a keen conservationist supporting several wildlife charities in Academica. During the Civil War he lead a small loyalist militia group behind enemy lines after he was cut off from returning home. He has spent most of his life working in the nations ministries as a lead legal advisorSpent much of her life dedicated to bringing up her rather large family. She is a keen dog owner and has run a business breeding pedigree dogs of various breeds. During the civil war she took refuge in East Moreland but two of her sons did fight for government forces. Educated at the Northfort Academy for Girls. She has worked as a Cancer researcher in various countries across Mundus and had a brief spell in 2017 working for JET in Krokom. During the civil war she was out the country but was a leading supporter of several Academican refugee actions.
FamilyMarried to Rebecca since 2009
Two sons, Charles (b.2011) and Richard (b.2013)
Married to Edward since 1992
Three sons - Gregory (b.1993), Joseph (b.1997) and Mark (b.2001)
Three daughters - Rose (b.1995), Mary (b.1999) and Victoria (b.2004)
Married to Alfred since 2010.
One daughter, Elizabeth (b.2013)

The three candidates to the throne of Academica had been brought to AK City under a heavy prescence from East Moreland military and now found themselves in one of the cities largest University auditoriums, TV cameras and the worlds press had trained their gaze on them as had a large audience made up of those who had applied to attend and been drawn by lottery. The three sat ready to answer any questions their future subjects or the world media had to ask them.

OOC - I'll be opening a poll probably next Friday depending on how active this is. Feel free to ask them whatever it would however be best if you could say who is asking the question so for example "Shelly Coe, EMTV....."What's your favourite pizza topping."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Meet the Monarch Q&A Town Hall
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:25:34 PM »
Marcus Roast, 72, Pensionated: "How do you see our Path with the, excuse me the term, Loosers of the War? They just don't vanish into thin air, neither are their relatives. How is your plan for the future to mend the Schism that still prevails? Not to mention the new one bound to raise after the Vote."

Sally Puddin, 32, Mother of 3: "What are your plans for Nobility? Do you want to reintroduce the possibility for it to be Achievable as feat?  Or do you wish to let it run out?"

Harald Bavaroise, 43, Journalist for the Uburzian Featherflight : "How is your Stance on international Organsiatiosn and Treaties. Which would you join and which would you abstain off?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 08:46:56 PM »
Marcus Roast, 72, Pensionated: "How do you see our Path with the, excuse me the term, Loosers of the War? They just don't vanish into thin air, neither are their relatives. How is your plan for the future to mend the Schism that still prevails? Not to mention the new one bound to raise after the Vote."

Julius Flynn - "We currently have several hundred of these people in prisons around the nation. The ring leaders are all in custody. As such we have to think about the rank and file and naturally they are still out their still part of our communities. What we need to focus on is what we do once those in prison have served their sentenance. Once we get a new nation, a new constitution we have a chance to readdress their concerns and build a nation all can be proud of."

Anne Ashley - "What you must remember about the opposition is two things. The first was that a large majority of them were religious extremists swept up in a cult of personality fuelled by ready supplies of drugs. The second is that we have removed the woman they viewed as their religiously appointed Empress, she is no longer a threat and those captured are now receiving treatment for their religiously enforced addiction. Rehabilitation will still take time but we are going to succeed."

Madeline Byrne- Once we have a new monarch we are obliged to form a new constitution. That process must include people from all sections of the community. We can not have it be an echo chamber. Once we have a new nation we have a new start and I am confident that this will bring all of our people back to the fold."

Sally Puddin, 32, Mother of 3: "What are your plans for Nobility? Do you want to reintroduce the possibility for it to be Achievable as feat?  Or do you wish to let it run out?"

Julius Flynn - "We will need to first of all take a survey of which seats of Nobility are vacant or need to be vaccated should the holder have been a rebel. That will clear space for quiet a few new nobles. I would like to see these spaces given to those who served loyally during the conflict because after all a noble is supposed to show loyalty to their people. In addition to these heriditary titles we will have a system of Orders not disimilar from East Moreland's granting people nobility on a lifetime basis."

Anne Ashley - "I think the nobility serve a purpose but also think it is an old fashion notion. I think the role and manner of the nobility is a decision for the constitutional meeting to make. Personally I would like to see it preserved in some form but the people will determine that."

Madeline Byrne - " The nobility who served and supported their nation shall and should remain. Those who sat on the sidelines should lose their titles and their lands. I think however the need for nobles owning vast areas of land is outdated, the prestige from the title is what is important as a sign of recognition. I would take all the vacated land and redistribute it to industries who will help our nation flourish economically."

Harald Bavaroise, 43, Journalist for the Uburzian Featherflight : "How is your Stance on international Organsiatiosn and Treaties. Which would you join and which would you abstain off?"

Julius Flynn - Lets be clear, without the Morelanders and Vaguzians we wouldn't have been in a position to defend ourselves and who knows what would have happened. It was because of things such as the AKO that our nation even has a chance to rebuild without chaos. I do however think there are some out there that are just talking shops. The CTO essentially rubber stamped the Moreland plan that everyone knew was going to happen anyway. I mean we meet up with East Moreland Special Forces about a week before the CTO finally gave an approval for action. We'll take our time to sit down and explore each.

Anne Ashley - I'd be open to sign any that don't naturally impose outside laws on our nation. For example the MCUR, I would not let a foreign committee tell our people their stance and understanding of the concept of gender. That's for us to determine in our own time. I think joining the AKO would be a top priority, as would FSC and Uppsala, beyond that its up in the air.

Madeline Byrne - We should present the people with a list of international treaties and a choice of yes or no. What the people determine they get.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57:02 PM »
Elections for the new monarch have opened. You may vote. You have 10 days.