Author Topic: The Sort of Neighbours, Bakkermaya  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
The Sort of Neighbours, Bakkermaya
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »
Official Message from The Kingdom of Vaguzia
To Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles of Bakkermaya,

As you may have noticed, our country has a new government since a few weeks, and because we want to extend our diplomatic ties, we thought it would be a great idea to visit your countries as one of the first, considering we view you as neighbours and we also have a significant cultist population. We think that a meeting between our nations could be very profitable for both of us, in economic, diplomatic, military and culturally ways. It would be our biggest honour to visit your country and we are looking forward to the visit.

Signed,
Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: The Sort of Neighbours, Bakkermaya
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:07:02 PM »

To:-Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit

On behalf of his Grace the Grand Duke of Bakkermaya Hugo Lascelles I have been asked to reply to your message. I am privledged and honoured that Hugo has selected Elmwood as the venue for this important and historic talks. I therefore take great delight in formally inviting you and your party to the city of Fairfield where you will be able to meet with the Grand Duke and hopefully establish a solid foundation between our nations. The Palace of Wood is at your disposal and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

Duke Aiden Wilkinson
Duke of Elmwood

Aiden was not the most comfortable of the six Duchy leaders, he was more of a practical man and the ins and outs of government were not a favoured past-time of the Duke of Elmwood. He often spent a lot of his time pottering around at the very airfield where they now found themselves looking after aircraft in the small museum the airport held. He'd learnt quiet a few tricks of how to repair engines, fabricate parts long lost to the ravages of time and his hands were rough from the manual labour. "Hugo" he shook the Grand Dukes hand warmly as the nations leader arrived accompanied by a guard of six Horseman of Jekar, each wrapped in a blue cloak against the chill of the early morning.

"Aiden" the Duke greeted his friend. "I knew I should have gone to Wellow or somewhere, much warmer on the islands." Hugo teased.

"Yeah, but their softer" Aiden retorted, it was an age old joke in Bakkermaya that while the islands had been blessed with glorious weather the mainland had breed more hardy individuals, ironically it was something supported by the fact that the majority of the Horseman of Jekar originated from the mainland but that was probably more the fact it was the more populated part of the nation. "Beside give it an hour and once the suns up properly it'll chase this chill away." Aiden knew he was right, it was this kind of practical knowledge he enjoyed.

The fient buzz of the approaching aircraft reached Aiden's ears, an age old skill he'd been graced with after serving in the Air Force as a fighter controller, the sound of incoming aircraft had been a key part of his job and on still days he could usually tell you what most aircraft where before he even saw them. "I thought we'd go straight to the Palace if that's ok with you?" Hugo asked, he may be the nations leader but Elmwood was Aiden's home and so he would play host. It was the only fair thing to do share round visits and so far Elmwood had been neglected.

"Fine with me." he responded as the aircraft touched down and soon came to a halt. After the various expected fanfares and what have you Aiden walked forward, "Duke Aiden of Elmwood, welcome to Fairfield." he extended his hand to the guest.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »
This was the first diplomatic mission of newly elected Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit, so naturally he was a little bit nervous. He also was afraid of heights so he didnt like the flying, but he knew he would have to get over that now he was Prime Minister, and this was also just Bakkermaya so the flight didnt take too long. From the sky Aaron could see Elmwood, and the city looked beautiful. He had taken his Minister of Foreign Affairs with him, who was a man he considered as a great friend "Ever been to Bakkermaya?" he asked to Minister Fabiano Franciosa "No, strangely enough its one of the few countries i havent travelled to in my young years as a globetrotter, even tho it is just at the other end of the sea, i have heard that there are some similarities with East-Moreland though."

The plane had now swiftly landed and Aaron and Fabiano walked down the stairs. Even though the main religion of Vaguzia was the Cult of Izra, the Cult of Helus came in as a close second and the Cult of Helus and Morelanders have had a huge influence in Vaguzian culture, almost all Vaguzians were able to speak at least some Morelandish and this now came in handy because Fabiano and Aaron were both also fluent in Morelandish so communication wouldnt be any problem between the leaders of both nations. Aaron and Fabiano now walked towards the Bakkermayan delegation and greeted them in Morelandish.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:00:06 PM »
Aiden shook halds with the Prime Minister and then the Minister of Foreign Affairs. "It's my pleasure to introduce my boss Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles." The shaven headed leader of Bakkermaya extended his own hand, his ever present shadow of the Lead Sword following him, their sword drawn and resting on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about Anna here." Hugo smiled, "its a ceremonial role and technically she's supposed to be my bodyguard as well as the formal link between myself and the Parliament of Swords" he explained as the stoney face Anna kept a step to his right and one behind him. The media were capturing the scene for the local and national news and the group made their way towards the waiting limousine. The Lead Sword remained behind her ceremonial duty done leaving the two Bakkermayans with their guests. The car left the airport and once clear of the buildings the Palace of the Wood sat up on the hill.

"Once upon a time." Aiden began to talk as they headed towards the distant hill-top. "All this was woodland, Elm wood hence the name of the Dukedom, it must seem quiet ironic that now we've just signed the Environmental Treaty of Wellow that we're in a place we deforested so extremely to make way for these fields. Massive fields stood either side of the road which was now beginning to weave its way up the hill. "I mean the Palace has no woodland around it now" Aiden gestured out the window, large homes standing in leafy gardens of substantial size came into view. "Local folklore says a local giant used to hide here and terrorize the locals for fun, so someone built a castle here to stop him and he's never been seen since. Today may be your lucky day though." The Palace was more like a stone castle, the car driving in through the gatehouse past a group of tourists posing for photos next to a statue of a giant looming over four little children. Once inside the courtyard the Duke lead the group into one of the rooms overlooking the city and the river which separated the Palace from the city of Fairfield, the capital of the Duchy. "I'll go make sure everything's in order for lunch" Aiden motioned for everyone to take seats in the lounge. "There is hot water in the pot" he said the last words to Hugo who poured the tea into a fine china tea pot.

"So now you've managed to avoid the giant I think its time to get down to business. Now you emphasised your large Cultist population as a reason for reaching out to us, while that's a good start I think we still need to put a foundation down on other matters other than some shared religion. So what kind of things did you want us to start exploring first?" Hugo began.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 11:43:55 PM »
"Well first of all, considering our nations are both on the opposite sides of the Karifan Ocean or as we tend to call this part of the ocean: The Strait of Quentin, we are basically neighbours and we also both control this Strait, which is why i think that its very important that our two countries have a good deal on trade, i think this would be profitable for both of us and would also boost our industries and our cargo ports. Taking this all into account i ask to have no tariffs on goods transported between our two countries, Vaguzia offers a lot of possibilities considering our country is rich of Diamonds, Gas and Oil and Bakkermaya also offers a lot of opportunities to us with your country being rich of Metal Ores and Agricultural Products for instance.
I also would suggest that our two navies might do some exercises together in the Karifan Ocean so we can make sure the seas between us are safe, and perhaps we could work even more together in military ways but i guess that that's up to you, but we would be very much open to it, so what do you think? "

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »
Hugo listened intently to what the Prime Minister had to say, "As for going Tariff free we'd be willing to remove tariffs on everything but Metal Ores, Agricultural Products, Timber, Processed metals and textiles. Those are products and materials that are produced within our nation and as such the outlying islands of Bakkermaya need their industries protecting. As such I do not think it appropriate to remove tariffs on things they already have a significant amount of." Hugo was keen to try and develop the islands economically however allowing everyone access to compete with the newer local industries he was hoping to create could hamstring them before they even got flourishing.

"Now as for joint naval exercises I understand that you are part of a number of different alliances, be it LISA or MICA, meanwhile we have TUNA. I think naval exercises may simply be an extra burden on our navies and an expensive one at that. What would probably achieve the same ends is joint patrols of the sea stretching between our nations on things such as anti-piracy or anti-smuggling operations. We get the same benefit of working together but with some actual tangible outcome. How does this sound?"

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »
"Hmmm yes, i think having joint patrols will certainly make our seas safer in terms of piracy and smuggling so i would certainly agree on that " the Prime Minister replied as he was now discussing with his MOFA on what they would talk about next.
"Now what i also thought was important was that citizens of both our country and your country to have VISA exemptions, we want to promote tourism as much as possible so we surely don't want citizens of a country which we consider to be neighbours to be restricted to enter our country, and the other way round, we got of course as said earlier, a huge amount of cultists living in our country, some of them also of Bakkermayan descent, so lots of these people wish to visit your country for religious reasons and besides that Bakkermaya is also on the bucketlist of non cultist Vaguzians. We understand that there might be some caution with this, considering the fact there have been some horrible terrorist attacks in our countries but i am sure we can also find a solution on that.  "

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:43:28 PM »
"I think visa exemptions are doable but I think they need to be controlled. They would be valid for trips of less than 31 days and a return ticket must be purchased at least 14 days in advance. The travellor must have no criminal convictions and not be considered a threat to national security. They will also, if requested, need to present the ability to fund their travel for the duration of their stay. If they are able to fulfil those criteria I would be happy to make visa exemptions.

Now as for the terrorist attacks I'm aware that yourself and East Moreland have suffered them however to date Bakkermaya has largely been left out of the Borlander and various other Alba Karinyan issues, our nation is not the Holy Land and is not used as a bolt hole for the snakes. I believe however that perhaps as our bond with East Moreland grows then perhaps too may the chances of ourselves becoming targets."

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 08:41:47 PM »
So to what this conversation has lead to, i think we can set up some what of a treaty now, please tell me if you want to add something or to get rid of something, if not so then you can sign it.

Treaty of Friendship between the Six Dukedoms of Bakkermaya and the Kingdom of Vaguzia
Recognising the Six Dukedoms of Bakkermaya and the Kingdom of Vaguzia as friends.
The two nations hereby agree to abide by the Treaty of friendship outlined below.

Article 1 - Diplomatic Status
1.1  The two nations declare each other as friends and agree to do all that is possible to maintain that.
1.2 The two nations agree to attempt to resolve any disagreement between them through open dialogue.
1.3 The two nations agree to maintain active embassies between their two nations.

Article 2 - Military Status
2.1 The two nations agree to share military intelligence that they believe is of interest to the other.
2.2 The two nations agree to patrol together in the sea between them to maintain safety for both nations and to battle piracy

Article 3 - Economic Status
3.1 There will be visa exemptions for citizens of the two nations. (Under the rules of both nations)

Article 4 - Cultural Status
4.1 The two nations agree to work together to promote and understand each others cultures.
4.2 The two nations agree to hold joint cultural events periodically.

Article 5 - Continuation of this Treaty
5.1 The terms of this treaty shall last for five years from the date of signature.

5.2 During that time any changes must be agreed by both nations and ratified.

5.3 At the expiration of this treaty both parties will re-affirm their commitment by a meeting of Heads of State.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 10:53:58 PM »
The Grand Duke looked at the document and then bit his lip slightly as he thought. "If you forgive me but some of this need firming up. If you'll permit me."

The nations of the Six Dukedoms of Bakkermaya and the Kingdom of Vaguzia do hereby declare themselves to be friends and to that end agree to abide by the articles of the following treaty in order to have better co-operation between themselves for the purpose of mutual benefit.

Article 1- Diplomatic Status

1.1 The two nations shall do all that is reasonable to maintain friendly relations between themselves.
1.2 Each nation shall maintain an active embassy manned by an appropriate Ambassador.
1.3 The Ambassador shall present themselves before the host nations Head of State if given 24 hours written notice.
1.4 Should any disagreement take place between the two nations then mediation run by the Mhorish and Illumic Co-operative Agency shall be sought.

Article 2- Security Status

2.1 The two nations shall share military intelligence in so far as it does not prejudice their own national security or any other treaty obligations.
2.2 The two nations agree to joint patrols of the Mhorish in order to battle piracy.
2.3 The two nations agree to not offer material support to nations considered hostile to either nation.

3.1 Travellers between the two nations so far as the following conditions are meet by the traveller.

a) Their stay is for no longer than 31 days
b) They posses a return ticket booked at least 14 days in advance of travel.
c) They can demonstrate if requested that they have sufficent means to support their stay.
d) They have no criminal convictions of any kind
e) They are not considered a threat to national security.

3.2 Tariffs shall be removed on all trade between the two nations with the following exemptions.
a)Metal Ores
b)Unprocessed Agricultural Products
c)Timber,
d)Processed metals
e)Textiles

4.1 In order to help cultural understanding each nations embassy shall organise a series of cultural events.
4.2 There shall be joint Cultural events organised on an annual basis.

Article 5 - Treaty Status

5.1 The terms of this treaty shall last for an initial five year period. This shall expire on the 1st of May 2024.
5.2 Any changes to this treaty before that time may take place with the approval of both Heads of State
5.3 On the 1st April 2024 the two nations Heads of State will meet in Vaguzia to amend and approve the continuation of this treaty.
5.4 Should any nation wish to end this treaty before 1st May 2024 they must give six months written notice.

Signed __________________________
Signed __________________________

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 03:57:37 PM »
Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit looked at the document and was very pleased. "I would be very happy to sign this and i am happy to see that our nations have become closer and i look forward to the future of our great nations"

The nations of the Six Dukedoms of Bakkermaya and the Kingdom of Vaguzia do hereby declare themselves to be friends and to that end agree to abide by the articles of the following treaty in order to have better co-operation between themselves for the purpose of mutual benefit.

Article 1- Diplomatic Status

1.1 The two nations shall do all that is reasonable to maintain friendly relations between themselves.
1.2 Each nation shall maintain an active embassy manned by an appropriate Ambassador.
1.3 The Ambassador shall present themselves before the host nations Head of State if given 24 hours written notice.
1.4 Should any disagreement take place between the two nations then mediation run by the Mhorish and Illumic Co-operative Agency shall be sought.

Article 2- Security Status

2.1 The two nations shall share military intelligence in so far as it does not prejudice their own national security or any other treaty obligations.
2.2 The two nations agree to joint patrols of the Mhorish in order to battle piracy.
2.3 The two nations agree to not offer material support to nations considered hostile to either nation.

3.1 Travellers between the two nations so far as the following conditions are meet by the traveller.

a) Their stay is for no longer than 31 days
b) They posses a return ticket booked at least 14 days in advance of travel.
c) They can demonstrate if requested that they have sufficent means to support their stay.
d) They have no criminal convictions of any kind
e) They are not considered a threat to national security.

3.2 Tariffs shall be removed on all trade between the two nations with the following exemptions.
a)Metal Ores
b)Unprocessed Agricultural Products
c)Timber,
d)Processed metals
e)Textiles

4.1 In order to help cultural understanding each nations embassy shall organise a series of cultural events.
4.2 There shall be joint Cultural events organised on an annual basis.

Article 5 - Treaty Status

5.1 The terms of this treaty shall last for an initial five year period. This shall expire on the 1st of May 2024.
5.2 Any changes to this treaty before that time may take place with the approval of both Heads of State
5.3 On the 1st April 2024 the two nations Heads of State will meet in Vaguzia to amend and approve the continuation of this treaty.
5.4 Should any nation wish to end this treaty before 1st May 2024 they must give six months written notice.

Signed, Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit
Signed,