Author Topic: Making new friends: Uí Ceinnselaig  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
Making new friends: Uí Ceinnselaig
« on: February 15, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »
Official Message from The Kingdom of Vaguzia
To King Finley Ó Séaghdha,

As new Prime Minister of Vaguzia i wish to extend diplomatic ties in Mundus and your great country of Uí Ceinnselaig is one of the countries that i really want to create better diplomatic ties with. It would be my greatest honour if we could visit you in your country to talk about how we could make our ties stronger in a Military, economic, diplomatic and cultural ways. I am really looking forward to have a meeting that will hopefully profit us both, i am looking forward to your reply.

Signed,
Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: Making new friends: Uí Ceinnselaig
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:36:28 PM »

To:- Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit

I had the fortune to meet King Leonard on a number of occasions at international functions, while no formal agreement was ever reached I considered him a man that I could have done business with. That in mind I would be delighted to see if the two of us can achieve something that myself and the dearly departed seemed never to find the time too. As such I would like to invite you to Bredoun Castle for talks and a ceilidh in memory of His Majesty King Leonard.

We look forward to meeting at your earliest convenience, expect to land in Claith where our Air Force shall whisk you on the 30 minute flight to Bredoun in the Highlands.

Best Regards

King Finley

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:40:51 PM »
When Aaron Kaalit had first landed in Claith he had already seen a lot of the beauty of Uí Ceinnselaig, the beautiful green landscape and the small towns spread over the country. Uí Ceinnselaig was very different from Vaguzia looking at the landscape. After they had landed in Claith the Uí Ceinnselaig Air Force flew him to Bredoun, here the view was even more amazing, the Highlands were absolutely stunning, of course Vaguzia also had mountains, but nothing as impressive as this. They had now landed in the beautiful Bredoun and Aaron stepped out of the plane with a big smile on his face, soon after him members of the Vaguzian delegation also stepped out of the plane, Aaron Kaalit now walked towardsthe Uí Ceinnselaig delegation to shake hands.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:51:01 PM »
The helicopters touched down on the lawn of Bredoun Castle, the sound of the rotors had warned the King that the aircraft were inbound and he and his son had hastily headed inside, put on their boots rather than their trainers and headed back outside to be joined by Queen Riona a few seconds before the aircraft landed. They waited for the blades to stop rotating and then for two kilt wearing guardsman to open the door and place the short steps in position. "Prime Minister Kaalit" Finley said extended a hand, "Welcome to Ui Cenneslaig, I personally prefer meetings to take place out in the countryside rather than the capital so my apology for dragging you out here." Finley explained. Prince Keane walked alongside his father as the group headed towards the warmth of the castle, "Bloody hell son" Finley playfully slapped Keane across the back of his head," you left your Caman" he pointed to where a kind of heavy looking hockey stick was sitting in the grass. "Go get it" Keane hurried away but not before his father gave him a gentle kick on the ass. "Boy would forget his head if it wasn't screwed on." Finley shook his head. Soon they were inside and the family having been ushered off once the photos had been taken the King and Prime Minister headed into a wood panelled lounge, the heads of various Stags hung on the wall, some looking like they'd been there centuries others only a few months. Finley motioned for Kaalit to take a seat in a red leather wingback armchair while he sat down in his own. Soon his Steward brought a huge pot of tea, a pile of bread and a plate of smoked meats and cheeses. Finley rummaged under his chair before revealing a metallic fork about a meter long and handed it to Aaron without stopping the small talk, he then got him own and picked up a piece of bread spearing it onto the prongs and then holding it against the heat of the open fire. He continued asking about things in Vaguzia as though this was the most natural thing in the world, satisfied with his toasting he removed the bread, picked up a piece of ham and wrapped the bread around it, only when the fireside toasted ham sandwich had been consumed did he turn to business.

"Now it's wrong to start proper talks without a halt put to hunger" he explained, "Help yourself as we talk. So you want to find ways of co-operating on a number of factors, some of them will of course be easy, others less so. Militarily we're tied to the CNN and its quiet a jump to go from zero to something close in just one meeting. So where would you want to start and what do you have in mind?" Finley asked as he prepared a second slice of bread.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:24 PM »
Kaalit was impressed with the food and the drinks and when he had his first bites, he grabbed something out of his suitcase, it was a classic Vaguzian sword with a green diamond in the middle of the parole "I first would like to give you this present, it is a classic Vaguzian sword used by mainly Verdians in the 15th century the green diamond in it stands for bravery and honour. Now, i truly admire the very unique culture of your beautiful country which was to be honest also one of the reasons to have this meeting. Besides that our countries both have very active militaries and also both one of the biggest economies in Mundus, so i naturally think it is vital to have good relations. Now to get really started, lets talk about trade, our country has always been a big supporter of free trade, which can be seen back in all the different organizations we have joined, so for a  start i would like to ask how far would you be ready to go on lowering tariffs, on all or some specific products. "

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »
Finley thanked his guest for the sword, he smiled to himself and wondered if David had one similar. "I think when you discuss the economy you should also remember one key thing. Our economy is tied to the CNN rather closely, as such we've access to one of the biggest markets in terms of tariff free trade on Mundus. Now broadly speaking I support free trade but I do think its often bandied around with too much ease. Now what I view is that these tariffs should decrease slowly in time and that we should aim to have them disappear by 2025. That is unless we find ourselves tied into some multi-national bloc in the mean time. How does that sound as a star?" Finley asked. "I'd also remind you that you're likely to get a deal with Cantabria as well as us in any negotiations, we tend to try and share economic deals as far as possible, the CNN has eluded us so far but that'll come." He smiled referring to the Kingdom that was essentially under control of his little sister.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:20 AM »
Kaalit was excited by the idea of King Finley as he took another bite of his food and took a sip of his drink. "Now i am very happy to hear about this idea, and we would also be happy to also have this deal with Cantabria. Now we have gotten that out of the way, i would be interested to hear in what we can do for people travelling between our countries, i have always been supportive of less strict borders when possible so i naturally also am very supportive of VISA exemptions, which is why i would be prepared to give VISA exemptions to every Uí Ceinnselaig citizen that does not have a criminal record or is considered to be treat to national security. And now we are on the subject of travelling, i would like to know how we could promote our two beautiful cultures to each other, i had the idea to give Uí Ceinnselaig citizens discount for tickets to enter historic sights like the Holy Temple of Izra or ruins of old Vaguzian castles and temples. "

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
"Visas for tourism are one thing, but we will not have a blanket visa exemption. What I would agree to is an arrangement where visa exemptions are given for tourists, those with return flights booked at least 20 days before hand and staying in our nation no longer than 21 days. Additionally I would grant visa waivers for anyone staying less than 21 days with a return ticket who is invited here on behalf of a Cenneg company. That's giving businesses a chance for example to participate in trade shows, come over for negotiations, meet suppliers, distributors and the like. Obviously we support your restrictions too. As for promoting tourism word of mouth is the greatest way, once we make it easier for people to travel for holidays then we'll see more and more people wanting to come. However another way we can do this is to open up more air routes. As a result I therefore propose we have at least two daily flights between our capitals and at least a twice weekly flight from another regional airport."

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 09:32:18 PM »
"Now we have discussed the most important issues, i think we can now set up a treaty, please say if something needs to be added or get rid off, if not so i hope you will sign it "

Treaty of Friendship between the Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig and the Kingdom of Vaguzia
Recognising the Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig and the Kingdom of Vaguzia as friends.
The two nations hereby agree to abide by the Treaty of friendship outlined below.

Article 1 - Diplomatic Status
1.1  The two nations declare each other as friends and agree to do all that is possible to maintain that.
1.2 The two nations agree to attempt to resolve any disagreement between them through open dialogue.
1.3 The two nations agree to maintain active embassies between their two nations.

Article 2 - Military Status
2.1 The two nations agree to share military intelligence that they believe is of interest to the other.

Article 3 - Economic Status
3.1 There will be visa exemptions for citizens of the two nations. (Under the rules of both nations)
3.2 The two nations will slowly lower their tarrifs until they have disappeared  in 2025

Article 4 - Cultural Status
4.1 The two nations agree to work together to promote and understand each others cultures.
4.2 The two nations agree to hold joint cultural events periodically.

Article 5 - Continuation of this Treaty
5.1 The terms of this treaty shall last for five years from the date of signature.

5.2 During that time any changes must be agreed by both nations and ratified.

5.3 At the expiration of this treaty both parties will re-affirm their commitment by a meeting of Heads of State.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:41:59 PM by Yolotan »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 10:38:08 PM »
"I believe that some of these articles need tightening up. So if I may." King Finley took to editing the document.

Treaty of Friendship between the Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig and the Kingdom of Vaguzia
The two nations hereby agree to abide by the Treaty of friendship outlined below.

1.1  The two nations declare each other as friends and agree to do all that is possible to maintain that.
1.2 The two nations agree to attempt to resolve any disagreement between them through open dialogue or when that fails utilisation of a third party.
1.3 The two nations agree to maintain active embassies between their two nations. Within 24 hours of being requested an ambassador must present themselves before the Head of State.

2.1 The two nations agree to share military intelligence that they believe is of interest to the other only so far as it does not impact their own nation or contradict any other treaty obligations.

3.1 There will be visa exemptions for citizens of the two nations. (Under the rules of both nations)
3.2 The two nations will slowly lower their tarrifs until they have disappeared  in 2025

4.1 The two nations agree to work together to promote and understand each others cultures.

5.1 The terms of this treaty shall last for five years from the date of signature.

5.3 At the expiration of this treaty both parties will re-affirm their commitment by a meeting of Heads of State.

"How does that look"

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 12:11:33 AM »
"This looks very good, i would be very happy to sign this treaty"

1.2 The two nations agree to attempt to resolve any disagreement between them through open dialogue or when that fails utilisation of a third party.
1.3 The two nations agree to maintain active embassies between their two nations. Within 24 hours of being requested an ambassador must present themselves before the Head of State.

2.1 The two nations agree to share military intelligence that they believe is of interest to the other only so far as it does not impact their own nation or contradict any other treaty obligations.

Signed, Prime Minister Aaron Kaalit

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 08:20:21 AM »
"I believe then we have a deal" Finely said as he affixed his signature and shook his guests hand. "Now do we have more to discuss or can we get down to a little relaxation, spot of fishigng, I believe we've some grouse up on the moor that need shooting, or must you get back home?"