Author Topic: Saving a Broken Dynasty and Destiny (Krimeon & Tamora)  (Read 7437 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Saving a Broken Dynasty and Destiny (Krimeon & Tamora)
« on: February 19, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
As previously announced by Krimeonite news, His Majesty Tsar Viktor Gough-Petrov alongside His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of the Krimeonite Orthodox Church with their large delegation, were on their way to the Kingdom of Attica; the official reasoning behind was merely out of cultural and religious Exchange, which meant that a booked appearance with the Tamoran Emperor and Ayatollah was in due order as well. However, even if the Tsar deeply cared about these things there was nothing else more important than to show solidarity for a fellow Pious and Holy Christian Monarch such as Queen Arpine, the last of her dynasty and how much of a tragic one it was with the downfall that came with the annexation. This is the reason why the Tsar compelled to bring along one of his sons, the young Prince Andrew; perhaps he would be the ultimate key to save the Attican Royal dynasty from ceasing to exist in all eternity? After all the Queen was in her early 30s, being more than ripe enough to pump out new offspring, heirs in fact. Andrew wasn't in the upper echelons of the Krimeonite line of succession anyway.

Tsar Viktor reasoned for himself that it may have been of a cheap, cheesy tactic to bring someone unknowingly into this plan, he would have preferred if the Queen met the Prince in a different, more natural scenario but time was short and with Midaranye on the midst of being engulfed in total warfare, anything had to be put to the test. Tsar Viktor wasn't going to let an honorable, Christian dynasty vanish from the face of this planet. "Hopefully these gifts will suffice to each and every important figure we're going to meet." he told the Patriarch and his Son, showcasing the very finest of Krimeonite craftmanship and the gazing from the window of Attica's airport lying beneath them.

"My sons, Let's dedicate a small prayer to our Holy Lord, in order for our visit to be fruitful and successful." the trio then closed their eyes and asked their God for any guidance, advice as the plane made a touch down on the runway and taxied its way to the terminal where their hosts were supposed to receive them, alongside a large amount of media crews present, including the Krimeonite State Television service, which was going to be quite busy these days following every step that the Krimeonite royals and holy men took in Attica and the rest of Tamora. Let the show begin as someone would say when the trio and their band of followers stepped upon the red carpet.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Saving a Broken Dynasty and Destiny (Krimeon & Tamora)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:54:52 PM »
Queen Arpine of the federated kingdom of Attica was always happy to meet foreign dignitaries; she especially enjoyed establishing bonds of friendship with Christian nations in general and Catholic ones in particular. Truth be told, there weren’t that many foreign dignitaries that wanted to visit Tamora. The Empire usually made international headlines when yet another country placed sanctions or issued a new condemnation for Tamora’s perpetuation of slavery.

Now, as she was waiting the Krimeon officials to land she thought about Tsardom of Krimeon. Despite reading quite a bit of info about the place she couldn’t quite grasp what kind of people the Krimeons leaders were. That was especially true of the Tsar Viktor Gough-Petrov. How much of an autocrat was he? Was he truly religious or was his Christianity just a façade? She hoped that during the meeting some of these questions would be answered.

Standing next to her were on one side the Grand Ayatollah of Attica, Yousef Saanei and Patriarch of Attica or Catholicos as he was called, Gregory Peter XX Ghabroyan. They represented the two most important religions in Attica, the Manist faith, the dominant one in Tamora but in a minority in Attica and the Catholic faith, the still majority in the kingdom.

As the foreign delegation touched the red carpet and the press swarmed to capture the moment, the Queen and the two religious leaders approached the foreign guests and then greeted each of them in a warm manner “Welcome to Attica” and them addressed each of them by title starting with the Tsar and then the Patriarch and then moving on to the Prince. The Armenian Patriarch greeted Kiril like an old friend who he had no seen in ages. For his part, Grand Ayatollah remained reserved showing no sign of emotion but was polite respecting the minimum of etiquette as to not be considered rude. After taking pictures for the press, the Queen invited the guests to assist to the playing of each nation’s national anthem. Perhaps surprisingly for those unaware with Tamoran protocol, the anthem that was sung for the hosts was the Attican one rather than the imperial one.

Once that was done, the Queen asked the guests if they were willing to attend a short religious service in the Catholic Armenian Cathedral. Things were always sensitive in Midaranye and the Queen didn’t want to put the guests in a difficult spot so she added “We can skip past that if you’re in a hurry.”

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
"Grand Ayatollah Yousef...Catholicos Gregory...May Peace and Blessings shine upon thee." Patriarch Kirill greeted his Attican counterparts, each in distinct fashion. To the Catholicos, he naturally greeted him like an old friend who he hadn't seen in a while, whilst showing a more reserved form towards the Grand Ayatollah out of courtesy as well not wanting to risk causing some big headlines by the Manists, just in case. "You two haven't aged a day older since we last met." the Patriarch happily joked though after posing in front of the cameras and listening to the nations' anthems, which were beautifully played and sung.

"It's an honor to finally meet you in person my Queen." Prince Andrew greeted Arpine; as he shook her hand, the young prince took a good moment to stare her in the Eyes and try to read whatever persona hid there, and a warm and gentle feeling crept up on him when their hands made contact.

What intrigued Tsar Viktor however was when they played the anthems, the Attican one was prefered instead of the Imperial Tamoran one, which must've caught the gaze and ears of those who witnessed and listened. "I hope you didn't incur the wrath of (Emperor) Abbas" he made a quiet remark to Arpine, chuckling in the process, which was also showing approval and respect for that charade to take place. "In any case Arpine, I'm glad you had the time to accept thee in your beloved country, a fellow Christian monarch needs after all another one to aid in spiritual growth and understanding. I hope it'll proved to be true for both of us..." he further commented.

Upon hearing the Queen's question, he didn't hesitate at all to show his pious side, "Nonsense, there's always time to acknowledge the presence of our Lord, isn't that true my dear Patriatrch?" to which the old holy man nodded as a sign of agreement. "Please show us the way." the Tsar said proudly.

Prince Andrew stood closer to Arpine as they were on their way to the Cathedral, hoping that he would get more time with the Queen alone, later.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 10:14:41 PM »

Arpine smiled at the Tsar and replied: “I am sure the Emperor won’t mind, the protocol allows it.”

Arpine was happy to hear that the guests were willing to go to the Cathedral together. In this regard Attica was not different than the rest of Tamora, people appreciated seeing their leaders attend religious service. Maybe the Tsar was a religious man after all she thought.

As they made their way to the Cathedral, Arpine noticed the Prince stood closer to her. There was little opportunity to talk but she did notice him taking an interest in her. She would have to enquire more about him later.

As they reached their destination, Saint Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral, a sizable crowd was waiting outside. Tens of thousands of people waited for their monarch and her guests to arrive and take part along with them in the religious service. Arpine waived discreetly at the crowds as she made her into the fully packed church. While Arpine was liked by many of her people, especially those of the Catholic faith, it was clear that most in attendance were more focused on Patriarch Gregory. The crowd seemed to almost worship him. As he walked close to the crowd and made the sign of the cross, people would lower their heads and make the sign of the cross themselves. Some even dropped to their knees. Patriarch Kiril enjoyed a similar “treatment” though perhaps not to same extent.

Once the Patriarchs entered the Cathedral, the people attending tried to get as close to them as the security service would allow. In this case the members of the security staff were aware of custom so they allowed them to get very close. As the Patriarchs moved towards the altar, the faithful would briefly touch their lavish vestments. The custom was a parallel to the crowds that used to touch Christ in his time as described in the Bible.

The Queen, the tsar and the prince had front seats while Patriarch Kiril was invited to the altar by Patriarch Gregory to either to sit in the chair usually reserved for him or to stand next to him. That way, depending on how much it was appropriate considering the Catholic-Orthodox divide, Patriarch Kiril had room to “maneuver” without being put into an uncomfortable position. 

Patriarch Gregory, aware of potential sensibilities about holding mass together had opted for a sermon and then a prayer.

“Beloved Christians, we have gathered here today together with our noble guests to praise the Lord and His word. Please join me in praying for the Christians that have died in the brutal attack in Vanora, the Christians that were crucified in Nya Aland and for the millions that are held in slavery today.”

As Patriarch Gregory finished his brief sermon, a priest joined by a couple of girls stepped forward and started singing a Psalm in Aramaic:

Once the Psalm was concluded, Patriarch Gregory asked the faithful to join him in saying loudly Apostles' Creed, the essence of the Christian faith.
Afterwards, the service was concluded allowing Arpine to lead the Tsar and the Prince to the Royal Palace. Patriarch Kiril was, of course, also invited but he could also continue to stay in the Cathedral with Patriarch Gregory.

The Grand Ayatollah chose not to take part in the service at all. Manists were against taking part in religious services of other faiths. So him being a Grand Ayatollah made it even more imperative that he did not participate. He instead chose to return to his great temple and would be available to meet the guests later if that was required.

A short while later, Arpine and her foreign quests were in one of the lavishly decorated rooms of the Attican Royal palace just starting the meeting in the more private setting with no press following their every move.

“So Viktor, let me start by thanking you for visiting Attica. Tensions are high in Midaranye and your visit here show that there is unity within the Christian faith and that Christianity is as part of Midaranye just as much as the other faiths. With the foreign press and most Mundus powers following and reinterpreting every move foreign leaders make in regard to Tamora, you took some risk coming here. “
While the HoS talked, servants were busy bringing in refreshments for the guests.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
The Krimeonites seemed to have enjoyed the entire interfaith service, especially Patriarch Kirill who was certainly impressed by the religiosity of the Atticans and Tamorans in general, he even dared to think that they were way more faithful to their God than his own Krimeonite brothers and sisters at home; the Attican display of their devoutness was shown during the singing of the Aramaic psalm. It was an out-of-the-world experience for all of those who were gathered in the church, the Lord's language being beautifully presented was something one ought to remember in eternity. At the same time, this would prove to be a good PR strategy in improving Catholic and Orthodox relations.

After the service, Patriarch Kirill chose to remain behind with his Catholic counterpart. "I'll catch up with you later my sons; haven't chatted with the Patriarch for ages." he said. As The Tsar and Prince exited the grand cathedral with the Queen, Kirill and Gregory entered the sacristian which was located behind the altar, which was naturally the room where the priests could prepare themselves prior to a Mass taking place, everything from changing into appropriate attire to reciting prayers and receiving requests/petitions from the congregation.

As both Holy Fathers changed into more everyday attire, there were a few altar boys among them who previously helped out during mass as well. Once they were done returning the chalices and other important props to their rightful places, Kirill revealed gift bags containing Krimeonite sweets as a way to show gratitude for their excellent services. With the boys leaving and only him and the Catholicos left, Kirill took the opportunity to have a Little chat.

"So my friend, should we perhaps have some tea somewhere? As an elderly man that I've become my legs are no longer the strongest I'm afraid. There are a few issues that ought to be discussed, which is the Christian faith that I'm referring to, if you don't mind at all, of course." the Patriarch said, taking a grip on his ornmental cane.

Meanwhile, The royal trio reached the Attican Palace and were guided to one of the elaborately decorative rooms, where they could safely discuss matters out of preying Eyes and ears of those unwanted and highly disliked, especially those in bed with a certain Emperor Abbas. Whilst passing through the corridors, Viktor and Andrew spotted some of the famous Helvetic Guards that the Catholic Pope gifted to her, and thus they were rightfully restored to once more serve the Attican monarchy, to Death and glory if required. Was this a sign to a renewed future of hope for this kingdom? Only time could tell, and Krimeon was surely there to ensure Attica's survival.

The trio proceeded to sit down, forming a triangle of sorts around the travel where tea and various snacks were served for their pleasure. Prince Andrew sat right across Queen Arpine, whilst Tsar Viktor sat at the head of the table itself. After the servants helped them pour their tea and place snacks on their plates, the discussion could finally kick off.

"I would agree with you in this regard, my dear. A war is most likely going to interrupt if all sides handle the volatile situations in an incorrect manner and I would be at risk standing on the front lines, although it comes with the profession. As for the media, they'll most likely spin my words and intentions once I do adress them, which is certainly irritating and counterproductive, but I'm used to this already I suppose. I just hope by showing my support for you and the Kingdom wouldn't trigger something that would be unstoppable and spell a doom for Attica's future and/or damage Krimeon's future, so to say." he took a paused to sip a bit of his tea, and thus could also noticed the Prince's alluring stares towards the Queen, which made him glad. Viktor would need to somehow only make it the two of them so they could have a private moment as well.

Returning the tea back on the table, he continued. "Now, first of all is there any possibily for Attica to be a part of some international agreement or project without the need for the Emperor's consent? I would like for Krimeon to aid Attica, be a apart of her interests somehow and thus consulting with you on this matter, my dear." Tsar Viktor inquired. "I certainly don't want to lose the important vote cast by the Tamoran Football Commitee for Krimeon's football bid, that's for sure haha" he further joked with a serious undertone. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

“My good friend I know exactly what you mean. I am not that young myself. Let’s go to the Episcopal palace. We can have some tea over there and rest our legs a bit.”

Once inside the palace, Patriarch Gregory resumed the talk:

“How is the Church doing in the Tsardom? I know for example that the Latin rite of our Church has some issues with vocations for priests. Sadly, in some parts of Mundus priests are hard to come by. Is something similar affecting your church?”

“Attica can join any international treaty that does not contradict current imperial obligations be they imperial laws or international treaties. Except for OPEN, there’s no other international obligation that Attica has to follow. So that leaves only the imperial laws as restrictions. So while I can sign international agreements or treaties in general, the devil is the details or so to speak. It depends a lot on what is proposed. I cannot cancel import tariffs or grant permission to foreigners to invest in Attica but I can invest public funds in projects aboard, sign agreements regarding culture, sports, education etc. Issues like security and intelligence remain extremely sensitive and are best either avoided or handled with grea care. Is there something specific you had in mind, Viktor ? Or you want to explore all possibilities? “

After pausing for a couple of moments, she resumed:

“But I believe we might be boring the Prince with our talks. Viktor, why don’t you tell me more about Prince Andrew?” as she says that she looked at Andrew smiling. “I am curious to see the reason why he would make the long trip to Attica.”

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »
"Mmm, great aroma in this I must admit." the Patriarch replied, sipping on his hot herbal tea before continuing. "I'm not the one approves of bragging but am grateful to our Lord that the overwhelming amount of the Krimeonites are still devout and faithful to the Church, no matter if it's Orthodox or Catholic, at least there's decency among the commoners unlike some of the so-called 'politicians' that are occupying both Chambers, the State Duma and Royal Council, of the Federal Assembly. It grievely shames me that God forsaken abominations such as prostitution, abortion, drug use is legal at all, and I've tried my best to calm down the faithful, giving them explanations such as it's God's way to test us whether we can resist such temptations that aims to bring everyone to eternal damnation in the fires of hell." Patriarch Kirill calmed down.

"Apologies for my small outburst, but you must understand the frustration and every day I'm asking our Lord for his counsel and advice regarding these matters." Kirill took additional sips and continued. "Both churches got to deal with priests and nuns commiting the most defiled acts such as pedophilia; I can't fathom how in God's name small children are targeted like that by those who're supposed to be God's closest servants on this Earth acting in contrary ways to being kind and nurturing. It's thus important that we got to stand our ground and show that this is unacceptable; defrocking and secular trials are a part of solving these problems, but giving counseling to the victims and preventing more and more from leaving the Church are Paramount as well, the younger generations are the future.

In any case, it's also important to focus on the positive side of things; we've come along way with interfaith dialogue that it was considered to be possible decades ago and applying modern day technology to spread the message of the Church is without parallel." he paused and let his colleague make any comments.

"My dear, that's exactly what I'm trying to aim at, Everything and anything that's possible to strengthen two great, Christian nations' ties, culture, sports, education, you name it. I hope we could work out something in regards to trade, which is why it further brings to this question; Are Attican Products made by hands of slaves or can you guarantee that they're made out of legitimate and ethical hands?" Viktor inquired, as he and most likely the Queen knew that Krimeon could for example suffer a great reputation by signing a trade agreement with the rest of Tamora.

Prince Andrew woke up once Arpine took an interest in him as well; Viktor then kept his mouth shut and excused himself to go to the bathroom, leaving the young Royals alone for a moment which was precisely what he wanted. With Viktor closing the door behind him, Andrew decided to reply to the Queen's inquiry. "Politics and intrigue doesn't bore me out, it was an interesting point of discussion you and my father had. In any case, what is there to know about me in general hehe? Well I'm one of the youngest siblings inn the Gogh-Petrov family who has a passion for travelling and when the Tsar asked if I wanted to come along, I immediately said yes. It's a tradition where the Tsar(ina) brings along a member of the family to expose them to how the world functions as well as gaining valuable experience. My father and I have been dying to see Attica and in general Tamora, as my sisters and Tsarina Catherine have already done so." he paused.

"If I may ask, do you lead a lonely life in general or do you consider God, his Saints as well as your people "Family"? I can't fathom how it is to be the only remaining member of an illustrious family. Do forgive me if my question's inappropriate, I don't have any intention in offending Her Majesty and may naturally refuse to answer such a personal question." he further added in a humble manner, his head being bowed slightly. "Oh we almost forgot, my father and I brought along a most suitable gift." Andrew showed Arpine's wrapped present from a bag and handed it over to her, inside being a Fabergé Egg which was mechanical; once it was opened a figure of some sorts would spin around and a musical tune would follow.[1] "I can assure Her Majesty that this was made by the finest craftsmen and with the finest materials our country possesses".

1. It can be anything you wish, Libby for example made the figure a ballerina and I thereafter improvised with the type of musical tune

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 09:26:36 PM »
"I understand your frustration perfectly. It’s a disease that’s plaguing the Church. Each bishop has to take the necessary measures against the perpetrators. I am confident that the phenomenon is a thing of the past.

Since we are talking interfaith dialogue, I would like to address the issue of bishop Vasic of Slava Lavosk. He has caused a schism in the Catholic Church; he has proclaimed himself as Pope while at the same time remaining Orthodox. This of course has put us in a situation where we, as the Catholic Attican Church,  actively oppose him by doing our best to keep the Catholic faithful of Slava from abandoning the Seat of Rome. We both know how throughout the Church’s history people have used the Church and faith to seek power caring nothing of the dogma or the Church itself. I was certain bishop Vasic was one such man. I am not sure anymore. His actions have made me consider the possibility that he is a good man that wants to end slavery in the region at any cost. He has condemned his government and the actions they have taken against the Tamorans in Slava, and has basically forced them to give up the body of Dilara and give it to Tamora. He has taken a risk to his personal safety to do that.

Now I know there is the work a Slavic forum or organization. If you happen meet him and if he seems genuinely a man with good intentions then know that I am willing to sign any public declaration against slavery and for peace in Midaranye. It can’t however just be a declaration signed by me and him, you need to sign it too. Otherwise, it would look like I am allying with him and overlooking the Schism he caused which will further harm the Catholic Church and I will also appear as a traitor to Tamora now when war is about to start. The latter would not be so much a problem for me since I am an old man but I fear the Church here will suffer and maybe even the local monarchy. I would rather look like a coward to the world and keep my flock safe than become a martyr praised by the outside world yet risk causing a calamity for my flock. As I said, that’s only if you happen to meet him in any of the Orthodox meetings you might have. 

But returning to what you said about the policies in Krimeon, it is almost ironic that here where we have prostitution, abortion and drugs all illegal we have little reasons to celebrate as we cannot ban the worst of evil that is recognized by all faiths. Well, almost all faiths. We must do our best to guide our flocks through these difficult times.

But that’s enough talk about the troubles of this region. How is the relation of the Church with the ruling royal family? I am asking since the Tsar seems like a religious man, can’t he do something about the abortion, prostitution and the likes?

Arpine did not get a chance to reply to the Tsar before he got up so she focused her attention of the Prince with whom she was now alone with at the table.

I live a lonely life. My faith helps but it is still a lonely journey. I never expected to ever be in a position to become a queen, so I worked in the private sector, made friends and lived a fairly regular life. When the unfortunate incidents happened to my family, I made the decision to accept the throne. Since in Attica that is a potentially risk position as the execution of my family can attest, my friends abandoned me. The people that want to get close to me now I cannot trust since I suspect they have other reasons to get close to me. So that leaves me lonely even though I am constantly surrounded by people. A little ironic…” she said smiling bitterly.

“It is a lovely and considerate gift” she said as she opened it to see a miniature representation of the Sloop-of-war, "Santa Hripsime"*, that used to fight against the slave trade and was a symbol in Attica. It was however little known in Midaranye (outside of Attica) let alone on other continents. Arpine was very impressed with the gift and suddenly got up and hugged the prince.

“Thank you very much, is indeed a very considerate gift. I am sorry I have talked perhaps too much about me and didn’t give you a chance to tell me more about yourself. How is it that you have come alone in Attica? Did your father not allow your fiancé to join your for security reasons? “

*OOC: Hope it's okay for a choice. If not I can think of something else.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 10:07:35 PM »
"No one's perfect, Bishop Vadic included. It also confused me in the beginning when he decided to go with the schism route and break away from the Catholic Church. It shouldn't concern me at all as I am not under the Pope's authority but certainly I found it bizarre in such a day of age. Now that he showed a other side of himself by delivering Dilara's body back to Tamora and condemning his own government's sinful acts, it was certainly impressive enough and I personally think differently of him. In terms of signing a joint public declaration against slavery, it wouldn't be an issue at all though I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to meet and discuss about it with him, as far as I'm aware only the Prime Minister would meet Tsar Viktor, instead of the President due to the ongoing crisis. It's up to the Lord's mysterious ways…" he paused.

After listening to Gregory's question about the Church's relationship with the Royal Family, he chuckled a bit before continuing. "All that I can say Gregory my friend, is that I'm merely able to give my advice and opinion on these matters. Unlike Rokkenjima's recent decision to switch over to absolutism, Krimeon remains to be a constitutional monarchy and in the end it's up to the people. The Royal family and especially the Tsar are truly devoted towards the faith in my humble opinion and don't engage themselves in these excessive vices, not that I'm aware of anyway. As you perfectly mentioned, the only thing we can do is to guide our flocks through these difficult times, and this is God's way of testing us sinners." Kirill then drank up his tea.

Prince Andrew giggled inside and became pleased that Queen Arpine enjoyed the gift. "I'm glad you enjoyed it...Arpine. The craftsmen clearly did their research." he called the Queen by her first name and it totally surprised him that she have him a warm hug to show gratitude. "Truthfully told, I haven't actually gotten a fiancé yet; University studies and working in the Crown Property Board has certainly taken much of my spare time as of recently. I'm merely trying to find or even wait for the rightful person in my life to appear and being able to call her my worthy soulmate." he replied. Andrew thought about what she said about being lonely, having not many people one could rely upon or confide in and thus felt pity for her sake.

"Arpine, I was wondering if you be interested in having dinner with me at any given time and location? Just us two and no one else, as I'm sure my father would be alright with it, heh." perhaps it was a bit too early to ask, but the Prince was unsure whether he would get anymore time and opportunity to ask her before it was too late.

After Andrew heard Arpine's answer, Tsar Viktor returned in time from what was to be an ordinary bathroom visit. "Apologies, but here I am back and we can continue where we left off...Oh I see Andrew here presented the gift, hope it was according to your taste. Very well, have you thought about my offer in regards to a joint cooperation in the culture, sports, education areas? What about the economic sphere, is it possible or would it be too complicated?" he inquired whilst thinking about having left the youngsters alone, hopefully Andrew's instincts compelled him to ask her out.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
“That would be lovely, Andrew” said Arpine using the first name when addressing him. She didn’t time to add anything than agree to the date as the Viktor had returned.

“And it’s a lovely gift, indeed” added Arpine.

“To answer your question, Viktor. While some products are made without using slave labour there are plenty that use slave labour. In this regard my hands are tied. As an official of Tamora I cannot take any measures against people who use slave labour. As for economic areas of cooperation, there is not much I can do as goods and services travel freely between the federated kingdoms of Tamora. What I do need is for Krimeon to keep trading with us.  Every time a nation bans trade with Tamora it brings more hardships on us. In some cases we had trouble even buying medical equipment from aboard to use in our hospitals. How other foreign leaders think they are helping with their sanctions is beyond me.

So if Krimeon would continue to trade with us that would help us a lot. I am also prepared to give the most favored nation status to Krimeon which it would mean that any good manufactured in Krimeon will have the sales tax halved in Attica from 20% to 10%. Sadly, I can’t do anything about the massive tariffs as those are set by the Imperial government, but that should help the manufactured Krimeon goods a bit.

Secondly, I would like to encourage Krimeons and Atticans to find opportunities to work together. So I would like for us to agree to recognize each other’s diplomas issued by the universities in our respective realms. Attica would recognize diplomas issued by any Krimeon university and so would Krimoen in relation to any Attican university.

Thirdly, the Orthodox Church in Attica is doing a great job with orphanages, hospitals and care centers. So if you could encourage Krimeons to donate for them it would be a blessing.

Lastly, I would like for Krimeon to have a consulate in Attica. I am sure that the Foreign Office would immediately approve the request. For my part, if that is agreeable, I will open an Attican Economic and Cultural Office. It would not have the legal status of an embassy or consulate but in practice it would be an Attican embassy. I believe that would allow us to explore more option for cooperation as opportunities appear.

What do you think, are any of my ideas agreeable to you, Viktor?"

OOC:  I couldn’t think of anything to add to the discussion of the two Patriarchs so I gave them the opportunity to “rest” a bit. 

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 07:34:10 PM »
After listening to Arpine's ideas to further cooperation between Krimeon and Attica, Viktor's concern regarding the economic sphere became a reality. "Nr. 2, 3 and 4 are pretty much agreeable by our standards and I'm more than positive and sure enough that they'll get passed easily in the State Duma and Royal Council of the Federal Assembly. When it comes to the economic ideas, I'm afraid that it might not work in the long run, depending on how we handle this. As it currently stands, an official economic treaty doesn't exist between Krimeon and Tamora, and I instructed my government that we shall not sign any of the sorts; One, we would be considered to be hypocrites at worst and two, my Foreign Minister's currently representing Krimeon as it's undergoing a membership process of the CSU. The organisation is quite strict in its conditions and questioning, without a shadow of doubt they're suspicious about my presence in Tamora and the intentions with this visit.

I do sympathize with your people and country for what it stands for, but I need to think about my country's welfare and standing in the world as well. We'll try our best but there will come a time when we don't have a choice other than to put sanctions on Tamora as a whole due to products being made by slave hands, do note that it's a maybe though. Unless Arpine you got any solutions to the Krimeonite dilemma in not losing international reputation, I don't see how we can cooperate economically without risking importing products that are slave manufactured. You think the Emperor would like to lend a hand in this regard?" Viktor said.

This is when Andrew spoke up, "Wouldn't it be possible, certainly immoral but effective, to stamp each and every product with a fake certificate of some kind that explicitely labels the Product as manufactured without the use of slavery, even if it's made exactly by such methods?".

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »
There was silence for a few moments after the guests spoke; Arpine seemed to be thinking about all potential implications. She also noticed how quick Andrew was to find an “unorthodox” solution. She couldn’t help but ponder that perhaps he would be an asset in navigating the complex way of the Tamoran imperial nobility. Addressing both of them she said:

“I understand your position. I also understand those sanctioning Tamora to an extent. I won’t resort to faking the certificate for both moral and practical reasons. However, I ask that you consider banning exports of Krimeon civilian goods to Tamora only as a last option for reasons that I have already mentioned. The trend in Mundus seems to be to only allow imports of Tamoran goods that have the Freestone mark so it is almost inevitable that Krimon will follow in this regard. As for Abbas, I don’t think he will help; his solution is to use RS to export Tomoran goods when possible and use the ban as a means to unite Tamorans against outsiders. So some degree of sanctions and economic hardships are beneficial to him. The Imams of the Manist temples are having a field day explaining to their parishioners just how much the outsiders hate Tamorans.

I will continue to think about ways to maybe get around these sanctions or find some other ways to cooperate that will hopefully not affect your reputation. That’s why it’s important to keep in touch and to build cultural bonds. As things develop we might find new opportunities that elude us at this moment.  “

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 09:38:57 PM »
Tsar Viktor immediately spoke afterwards, when Arpine finished. "Sorry son, as much as it sounds great in theory, out of moral and practical reasons as our dear Arpine pointed out, it can't be done I'm afraid." Andrew drew a small smile and became slightly red as he looked at Arpine, feeling like a little school boy. "Also, thanks for showing understanding to my position as Krimeon's prime ruler, it's after all tricky to balance the interests of one's own nation and those of others, my almost 46 years on the throne has shown me that, even now as we speak." he said, letting out a sigh and gulping down a clunk of tea.

"I believe the best course of action is to focus on the cultural, religious and diplomatic spheres as laid out according to your wishes, we'll take the economical matters another time when a window of opportunity opens up; Krimeon promises unto Attica that it will as long as possible keep up having an unofficial trade going on between our realms, until geopolitical matters forces us to follow the rest of the 'gang', so to speak. It's unfortunately the only thing we can do thus far. So Arpine, unless there's other matters you wish to discuss, I think it would be due time to visit the Krimeonite Community and pay my respects…."

It was at this moment that someone knocked on the door, and an aide's head popped him and asked to speak with Viktor. "Apologies my dear, matters of importance demand my immediate attention, I'll be right back shortly." he said, leaving a smile behind and shut the door.

Noticing this, Andrew quickly went to Arpine's side of the table, gently held her hands and suggested a time for the dinner, "Does 7 PM this evening sound terrific? We can have it here in the Palace dining hall unless you got a better venue", whilst thinking about how on Mundus he would tell his father the Tsar that he only wished to have dinner with her and no one else involved? He prayed to God that this were to happen somehow.

Tsar Viktor came back almost in an instant, and by that time Andrew was back on his seat, longing to once more be closer to Arpine and sense her sweet scent, an undescribable aroma which filled anyone within her presence as feeling of safety and Comfort; he had to temporarily stop acting like a foolish teenager having his first crush and take the situation seriously. His father's face was showing signs of slight disappointment. "Due to unforseen matters of state, national security and such bollocks, I can't join Her Majesty for dinner, however I'm sure Andrew here is more than capable of representing my presence alongside his. May you kindly suggest a suitable time for dinner." Viktor said.

Andrew never felt thankful to his redeeming Lord such as this very moment, was it really divine intervention, luck, a bit of both? Whatever the case may be, he could finally spend well-needed, lonely time with Arpine, whom he grew fond of as of this short time he'd already spent with her, there was something about this Attican lady, this mysterious ruler of a once glorious, independent kingdom, which fascinated and intrugued him very much, the feelings also displayed warmth towards her. Without putting every confidence in mere blind fath, the young Prince was more than eager to get to know her better.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 07:45:19 PM »
“I have all the confidence Andrew will be up to the task. I propose 7 PM here in the palace. Is that okay with you Andrew?” she said smiling.

"Thank you again Viktor for the wonderful meeting, it was a pleasure. God bless you and your family."

At 7PM Arpine was all dressed and ready for the state meeting with Prince Andrew. She chose her dress carefully aiming to impress the young Krimeon prince. 

Spoiler:  the Queen awaits the Prince • show

After they greeted each other, she took a sit at a round table for two that was prepared by the servants especially for this occasion. Tea was of course present on the table since that seemed to be a thing for Krimeons.

“So Andrew, you are now representing the entire Tsardom of Krimeon. How does it fell to be in such position of power? “ she said teasing Andrew a bit. She then continued “You said that the Tsar usually takes the younger members of the family aboard on their trips so they gain valuable experience. Do you usually ask the hosts on a date?”

After giving the prince a chance to reply she resumes to her serious tone and demeanor. 

“I believe I am at a disadvantage here. You seem to know quite a little bit about me and I know very little about you. You also don’t seem to like to talk much about you or at least not when the Tsar is present. So since you said politics “don’t bore” you, I would like to ask you: if you were Tsar what would you do different than your father? Maybe that will make you open up a bit.”

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »
Immediately after the Queen proposed dinner time, Prince Andrew went up to his room in the Palace and took a short nap before preparing himself in the few hours which one had to spare, in order to impress Her Majesty. After enduring a well-needed shower, he put on a fresh attire which consisted of a casual suit and some trousers, not too extravagant nor too simple, the details lied in perfect balance between the symmetry. A spray of cologne finished the job and off he went downstairs once more; it's showtime... the Prince told himself.

"Arpine, don't you look stunning this evening, like a true shining emerald." he kissed her hand, making a catchy remark in terms of the color green, which must be her favorite. Without waiting for a servant, the Prince fulfilled his courtly manners and drew the chair out in order for the Queen to sit, before moving to the other side. "Mmm, this is a different sort of tea unlike last time, I guess this Djerb tea if I'm not mistaken." he said showing some alluring eyes, the cup covering half of his face.

After listening to Arpine's initial questions, he placed the cup down and chuckled a bit. "If one knew my beloved father quite well for over 28 yrs, which I actually do and much more, it's pretty much obvious as to what he's trying to play at. This so called 'experience gathering' is nothing more than an excuse to try to find suitable brides and grooms, oh that silly man. At the same time I suppose I allowed myself to be swept away by his agenda to try to spend time with him, being gone for over a year in hiatus and letting my Uncle act as temporary regent in his name, so on and so forth." he said.

"Even if he didn't kindly 'ask' me to come along, I would have had anyway, to which you may wonder. Well my three greatest passions that I know of share with some of my siblings is to eat and cook, travel to new places I've never ventured there before and having a daily exercise." Andrew said, showing off his thick biceps. "Attican cuisine is among the best I've ever tasted, there are several spots for a great jog overlooking gorgeous scenic landscapes, and then there's you whom I'm trying to get to know more about, whose dynastical legacy is an integral part of this ancient kingdom." he paused as he further listened to Arpine's other set of questions, which seemed more serious.

"Well now you have some answers you can put your good memory for further reference, as to who I am." he began once more, "Hehe, I have to first admit that I only said to give you a good impression, figured you'd like a man to be serious when conducting business with and so forth. Truthfully speaking, all types of politics are naturally constructed to shape different people's views as to how a society should be built up and governed alongside a set of principles or guidelines to follow." as he drank more of that tea, one was to find out about the type of character Andrew was, despite having an friendly outward facade.

"A wise man once said that the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter, and I actually agree with that statement; it's after all the lesser of all other evils, and even then it's so fragile and transluscent that another form of government can blossom, if left unchecked without any hindrance to its growth, oh the irony is strong with this one...Even if I'm ranked one of the lowest in the line of succession, I would do what my previous forbearers always did and what I'm doing now, and that is to ensure the survival of my family and the welfare of my people, no matter the methods used as long as the outcome would be favorable towards one's self.

We Goughs have always prized independence and sovereignty, ever since we instigated a war for Huisslandia's independence in 1590 from Ardia. Also did you know that we were Catholics once upon a time? The early Goughs started off as merchants and bankers and were once favored by the Catholic church as private bankers, who always gave generously to the Holy See with various forms of taxes and tithings. However, the Governor of the Huiss Colony and leader of the Gough Family adopted the teachings of Martin Luther as a means of keeping the state revenue in the hands of the Huiss people, who of course resisted the changes but gradually over time submitted. They reasoned that the Popes never truly cared for the Huiss people's right for independence anyway, as long as they generously filled up the churchly coffers, so why go fund someone who didn't offer a return on investment, especially someone who claims to be God's direct representative on Earth? When the Huiss people prevailed in their struggle for independence, they naturally attributed it to Martin's Luther 'correct' faith to God. Fast forward a few centuries, and the Goughs managed to marry off a princess to Tsar Paul Petrov of the newly formed Tsardom of Krimeon, who managed to unite the various Slavic realms on eastern Ardian under one banner. Paul's son, Tsar Peter I, changed the dynasty name slightly which became the current one you notice today; Gough-Petrov, in order to honor his mother's name and the legacy the Huiss Goughs already had left behind.

As you can see Arpine, my family has always done what's deemed right and acted in accordance to the people's welfare; Krimeonite democracy is a controlled one in fact, the ruling 'United Krimeon Party' basically rules in conjunction with the Tsar, and it shall always be the case for all eternity; you think the people could've achieved all of the successes, wealth and prosperity that Krimeon posesses today without the ultimate guidance under the Goughs?" he laughed a little before continuing; "it's the same with Biseam today and look at how well they're doing; a democracy on the surface, a firm guided hand beneath all of that pretty facade designed to appease the common man. However, we've gone too far with the liberalization of social values, as the Krimeonite society is affected by such degenerate plague coming from Huisslandia; such a shame that the original Goughs have forsaken their Christian values and given way to whoring, homosexual marriage, the murdering of infants, drugs galore flowing the streets and all sorts of other Godforsaken acts that only serves the will of the Devil.

Krimeon, a once proud Orthodox nation of the most Christian values has fallen into the same pit of hell, the politicans going too easy of the simple minded folk to allow such travesty to occur, just to appease the leftist-liberal, global elites and for outwardly reputation. Bah, as if there would still exist a spine? I love my father still, I truly do, but he's getting older by every day and he isn't the same man as he used to be; it all started before he took that year of hiatus, I suspect it must've been due to the pressures from the political establishment. I can't blame him though, keeping our family alive and intact for almost 46 years on the throne, inheriting it from the death of great grandfather at age 21, I mean there are rumors that his father's plane crash was orchestrated by conspiratorial powers...Oh how I wish I could be Tsar for even one day and alter the course our nation's heading, into what it was before...if only..." he stopped and snapped himself from that idealistic dream his brain conducted.

"My dear Arpine, I hope you now understand from where I'm coming from and who I am as a person; I could now ask the same of you...Who is Queen Arpine of House Saroyan and the Kingdom of Attica, tell me everything that is there to know about thyself." he finally asked, knowing fully that he may have talked a bit too long but it was important to get the message out as to whom Prince Andrew was and the environment he grew up in.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 07:47:28 PM »
Arpine appreciated Andrew’s good manners that he showed at the beginning of the meeting. She listened as he opened up and talked about himself. She certainly wasn’t expecting for him to share so much but she was the one who asked after all. As she listened she couldn’t help but notice the passion in Andrew’s speech. From time to time she nodded in agreement to what Andrew was saying, to the points she would agree. After Andrew was done, she was quick to reply:

“That was some opening up you did. I have to say I was always a bit surprised on how Krimeon manages to mix its liberal laws with its apparently conservative leadership. I think now it’s a bit clearer. As for democracy, I don’t know what to say. I never voted in my life, there are no elections in Tamora and I haven’t given much thought about it. To some extent many of the things you mentioned are almost alien to me. There’s not even a facade of democracy here, in fact as ruler you have to show strength and keep your distance from the regular citizens. I also never experienced pressure to liberalize or pressure from global elites. I experience pressure but not from these groups. I guess it’s a different universe here."

"While you were frank about your family and talked about it, I rather I don’t about mine. It’s not a subject I enjoy talking about. So moving on, just like you I was very far away from the throne. Nobody in my family expected me to ever come close to it and that allowed me the freedom to pursue a career that I wanted. I love finance and worked in one of the large banks here for about 6 years. I wouldn’t be honest with you if I told you that my family name didn’t help me get ahead in my profession, it obviously did but I also believe I had talent. "

"When the “opportunity” arrived to choose the throne because there was no one else in my family, I didn’t want it. I was very comfortable where I was and I never assumed I could change things or turn back the clock to how things were before the annexation. But my priest and the bishop convinced me to go ahead and assume the throne since the alternative was that Abbas would appoint a new ruling dynasty which would almost inevitably be Manist and accelerate our integration into the Tamoran society and culture. "

"So I assumed the throne and focused on what I knew best: the finances of the kingdom. I think that caught people in the Imperial circles by surprise since business is mostly seen as a preoccupation not fit for nobles. So the last three years or so have been a journey of discovery for me: of what it means to be a ruler, to have this incredible power that when I sign a decree and it becomes the law of the land immediately and without any recourse than Supreme Judge or the Emperor himself. Or when the courts issue a decision that it’s still just an opinion that only becomes binding when I sign it. I still remember how shocked I was during the first meeting I had with my head of intelligence agancy. I never even new Attica had an intelligence service. I think that my faith in God and my priest are what stopped me from falling in love with so much power. I have also become rather suspicious of people who want to be my friend since I doubt that they are interested in my personality and not my power. "

"I never really cared much for travel, I was always believed that I have everything I want right here in Attica. I was never tempted to go abroad much which is good since now I have very little time to travel for leisure. When I want to relax or compose myself I go to church and that’s about it. I have very little free time nowadays but I can’t complain, it’s an incredible experience to rule a kingdom.  "

"So what are going to do to try and fix things in Krimeon? Advise your sister, Elizabeth, as best as you can so when she takes the throne she will try to turn things around?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 08:58:27 PM »
As Andrew listened intentively as Arpine laid out her life so far and how she fared as the first and only female ruler of an otherwise highly patriarchial and religious constituent part of a larger Empire, he couldn't help but wanting to listen to her, uttering words for all eternity if that was physically possible; this seemed to be the perfect woman for him in his life, he was sure of it, why else would he be sitting with her right now and basically opening up their feelings and such in front of each other?

"Me, advising big sister Elizabeth? Hehe, you must be joking surely?" he said, though after noticing that Arpine held a serious face, "It wouldn't work out well, let's just say that the rest of my beloved siblings views are in line with what is considered to be "appropriate" and "correct" for the 21st century, and I wouldn't want to argue with those wanting to steer Krimeon into a path unlike mine. Even if that were possible, let's face it; it'll take more or less 2 decades Before my father's soul departs and Elizabeth succeeds to the throne, who knows what might happen during all that time, maybe Krimeon will find its true self once more? It's better to...operate in the shadows...in other Words, if you catch my drift." he said.

"As much as I admire your loyalties towards this nation that the Saroyan dynasty has guarded for centuries, maybe you and I could travel around Mundus; there's so much to see and do, new experiences to take in and so forth..." Before the Prince could continue, something positive interrupted him.

"My oh my, here comes the food, finally as we've both been starving!" the Prince exclaimed as the servants brought in their dinner, "I do wonder what we'll feast upon this evening." Andrew rubbed his fork and knife against each other.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »
The servants brought harissa soup and ghapama meal at the same time and thus allowing the two nobles to skip a dish if it wasn’t to their tastes.

“Andrew, I like your enthusiasm but it’s not as easy as you make it out to be. I am now part of what can be loosely described as the Tamoran government. That makes traveling abroad a potentially risky adventure. I don’t mean to say there are security concerns but diplomatic ones. Depending on the country I could be detained because the host country has issued sanctions or because another country has asked the host country to detain me. Even if a foreign court will overrule the government, which I doubt, I would still waste a lot of time under arrest. Any destination I choose would have to be carefully scrutinized. Not to mentioned there are a multitude of issues that need my attention here. Tamora is getting ready to go to war and should that happen nobody knows how long that would last and whether other nations will get involved. There is always something happing in Midaranye to keep you busy. But that doesn’t mean you can’t come visit me.” She said the last part with a smile.

As Arpine started eating she asked the prince:

“Is the food satisfactory? If I had known you have such an interest in cuisine I would have asked the cook to prepare something more special. We are also having kanafeh and baklava for desert in case you’re interested.”

“Tell me Andrew, would you have really issued fake certification attesting that goods manufactured did not use slave labor if you were in my place?” she didn’t sound angry when asking the question.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »
Andrew smiled too as Arpine made such an irresistible offer, "Oh Arpine, you bet I would come and visit you as much as my time and schedule would allow it; I have to admit that I've really grown fun of you lately. I don't understand these people who can't take you seriously enough or don't find you as competent as the other rulers or even more so than they are, being an intelligent woman in your current capacity as ruler of this great kingdom and all of that." he replied, complimenting her abilities in a quite explicit manner and began to tast the harissa and ghapama dishes at once, once the servants were finished preparing it.

"What are you talking about, these being not special enough? This is some high-quality stuff, please offer my sincere compliments and Gratitude to the chefs who managed to compile these ingredients and turn them into marvelous treasures of deliciousness." Andrew eagerly said, as he enjoyed both dishes and thus ate them simultaneously, "A bit of kanafeh and baklava for later would suit perfectly, a dinner wouldn't be the same without any dessert and I'm quite the sweet tooth if left unchecked enough hehe." he said as he then listened to Arpine's next question.

"Depending on the circumstances and the amount of options available leading to the best possible outcome for my people, I would without a shadow of doubt have done so, without any qualms and remorse; if it's about the survival of the country's destiny, all considerations should be put on the table in front of you. Pragmatism is the key to survive in this world, in the end though, I can't offer what's the right course of action to take or judge immediately the actions of each individual leader, it's up to you to decide the fate and outcome. " he simply said and poured more tea for himself, whilst offering to do so for the Queen. Andrew had a feeling about agenda behind this question and thus decided to lay out his intentions, he wouldn't otherwise be doing Arpine or himself any favours by concucting up the typical 'Good Guy' image and endless lies; life was pretty much a gray zone in general, from his perspective and experience.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »
“You know how to flatter people, Andrew. “ Arpine said as a response to Andrew’s comments about her leadership abilities. 

“I am glad you like the food especially since you’ll be eating more of it if when you’ll come visit me again the future”.

“Without any qualms or remorse? I guess that’s pragmatic indeed. This part of the world and especially Tamora is not known for its pragmatism. People here are idealistic or even dogmatic. We here in Tamora value our principles. We obviously don’t agree with what those principles are and slavery is just one of the many examples of that. Perhaps that is why we resort to conflict so often but on the other hand it might also be the reason we have not adopted the liberal “values” you mentioned before. I think that in the quest for the survival of the nation, as a ruler you have to be aware of what you are sacrificing each time you choose pragmatism over values. It might not seem much but after decades and you might be surprised to find out that while you survived and maybe even prospered, you and your people are fundamentally changed from where you were when you first started the journey.”

After waiting for Andrew to reply, Arpine opens her purse, takes out a black velvet box and them hands the box to Andrew:

“Open it. You were kind enough to bring me a gift and I think it’s only fair that I get you something in return”. As Andrew proceeds to opening the box and sees what appears to be a very expensive watch, Arpine continues:” I hope it’s to your liking. It is handmade by a loyal craftsman whose family has been making watches and the likes for the Attican crown for more than a century. It’s one of a kind and it also has the seal of Attica engraved on its back. So every time you wear the watch you’ll have to think of the promise you made to come visit me as much as your time and schedule will allow it”. 

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »
"And you sure know how to make special people like myself quite comfortable, especially when food of tis impeccable quality's served at my pleasure. I'll surely come back for more of it." he replied in a flirtatious tone.

"Naturally, I never denied the fact that it's possible for one's own values to exist alongside pragmatism, they act as a guiding principle and force upon which we make our best decisions according to our own reasoning and understanding of such values. However, one needs to point out that they shouldn't ultimately decide all actions; dogmatism or the most fiercely loyal belief is absolutely dangerous if one were to devote the entire mind and soul, as it would leave you ineffective, inflexible and certainly renderless to decisions which must be put into motion, we've seen the effects after all what it does and it isn't as a pretty sight as one might've hoped for to begin with." he replied in response to Arpine's opinion on principles.

Prince Andrew was speechless and didn't really know how to react or say to such kindness displayed by the Queen, receiving a beautiful, handmade watch of the best materials available and tinkered on by the most brilliant of all craftmanship minds there is. "It even has your nation's seal indeed. Thank you so much Arpine, as you probably notice it's difficult for me to thank thee in other ways possible, other than to visit you as much as possible." the Prince then stood up from his and went over to the Queen's side of the table, giving her a warm hug in the process.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 07:14:59 AM »
One of the servants enters the room, approaches Arpine and whispers something in her ear.

“Well, Andrew. Thank you so much for the lovely evening. Unfortunately, matters of state require my attention. I do look forward to us meeting each other again as soon as possible. I will make sure we will have more time to spend together“.

After giving Andrew a chance to say his goodbyes, she escorted the prince out of the Royal Palace.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
It didn't take long until Prince Andrew was together with Tsar Viktor once more in their quarters; the Prince, asking how the urgent meeting went, already knew in advance and by heart that his father only did this in order for Arpine to spend time with him. The Tsar wasn't a perfect man, but Prince Andrew appreciated anyhow the gesture and it proved to him how much the Tsar loved his family and the loyalties he showed towards it. Asked by Viktor how the dinner went he simpled replied that, "I have a feeling that only positive things will come out of it, and Arpine will be great part of it." and ended with a smile, to which Viktor felt relieved and knew that it payed off in the end.

What followed was a couple of extra days visiting different areas of Attica, not just the main city and its people and attracts, but also the country side where Father and Son exercised in the natural open, jogging in the mountains and overlooking the wide stretch of beautiful landscapes which laid around them; Attica was still a relatively untouched country in a sense. Nevertheless, it came a time when the Krimeonite duo had to return back home, to Andrew's grief as he longed to spend additional time with Arpine, but alas when the country's duty calls, one's obligated to respond.

Tsar Viktor, Patriarch Kirill and Prince Andrew met Arpine at the airport prior to their departure back home. After saying a few words of encouragement, which was courtesy of the Tsar, and giving divine blessings, thanks to the Holy Father, they climbed aboard the plane. Andrew however remained a bit longer on the ground and waited a bit before heading up, wanting to say his good byes as well and thus held her hands. "Arpine, it's evidently time for all of us to head back home and face reality once more, as I admit that these few days I've spent my time in Attica have felt like a fairy tale, and I couldn't be more humbled and honored that you part of it. You're an inredible woman, the sort that I haven't met or spoken to for a very long time; you've completely enchanted me as a person and of course I shall return to your presence when time allows it, as I'll surely miss you greatly speaking."

He then paused and thought about what he wanted to say next, "The last thing I'd like to say is that I...I-l...I Love You, out of my big and sincere heart, and by your permission would like to be the man and soul mate to stand by your side at all times and together fight our battles as once." Andrew ended, nervous about what he just told her, though his feelings had to be uttered or it would destroy him inside. "In order for me to always be at your side, I want to give you this." From his jacket pocket he revealed a his very own Tsarist medallion, which seemd to be the Order of St. Andrew, containing the inscription: "For Faith and Loyalty"., wrapping it in Arpine's hand and closed it.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:29 PM »
Arpine escorted her guests to the airport and sent her goodbyes. Krimeon was after all one of the few Mundus countries that had that have kept ties with Attica despite the fact that it was now under the rule of Djerb. Each country had its reasons for continuing the relationship but having good personal relation with the rulers of those countries would help for these relations to continue in the future.

When Andrew remained behind and confessed his love to Arpine she felt flattered, she took the medallion and without uttering a word she gave the prince a short kiss on the lips before letting him depart to Krimeon. She figured that actions speak louder than words.

The staff accompanying the queen was quick to tell the Attican press not to publish any pictures of the “incident” with the press to avoid causing a stir in the Kingdom or even in Djerb.