Author Topic: Toasting with Vodka and Whiskey (Krimeon & UC)  (Read 2595 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Toasting with Vodka and Whiskey (Krimeon & UC)
« on: February 28, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »

The Tsardom of Krimeon

To:- Finley Ó Séaghdha

Despite my 46 yrs on the Krimeonite throne, I hardly recall the last time I visited UC on an official note, even if I ventured there during my younger days, and thus would find it the perfect time to visit your country, and from there we could discuss the ways we could improve our diplomatic relations from diplomatic and economic to security and cultural spheres. Looking forward to this visit if it's agreed upon by you.

Take Care and God Bless,

Tsar Viktor Gough-Petrov

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: Toasting with Vodka and Whiskey (Krimeon & UC)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:45:35 PM »

To:- Gough-Petrov

Please feel free to visit Claith where myself and Taoiseach Cadoc MacKenzie will meet with you.

We are happy to discuss whichever matters you desire to put in front of us.

His Royal Majesty King Finley Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:05 PM »
Tsar Viktor's initial response to the Celts didn't exactly go as planned; accidently forgetting to include the Celtic monarch's title resulted in himself getting an equally rude reply back, which didn't read as inviting much either. Nonetheless, it was surely a mistake he would never repeat and he'd been given a chance to prove his hosts wrong as to the type of person he is. He hadn't written personal invitations after a year of monastric exile in the wild and must've probably been rusty or something when he'd written the message. In any case, his plane landed at Claith International Airport, and the landscape was to say the least quite stunning and spectacular as he took a moment to take it and some fresh air in.

"King Finley, an honor and privilege to meet you finally; I don't tend to say this at a first encounter, but please forgive me for my rude message by not including your title. I think I simply forgot and was a bit rusty when I wrote that; sloppy excuse but do take note that I've secluded myself in a monastery in the wild for a year, so some bits here and there are slowly but surely coming back." he greeted with a smile and shook hands.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:19:49 AM »
The apology went some way to easing Finley's mood but he was still uncertain what his first impression would be. The fact Tsar Viktor had neglected his duties as monarch, a position given to you by destiny to go live in some monastery hiding away from the world didn't help Finley either. The King was a firm believer that if your privileged enough to be born into royalty you stand by your people through thick and thin, he thought back to his friend King David, the man had a dying child on his hands yet still found time to run a country, Gods the Maori King still found time to club people to death in his busy schedule because it was what his people would expect. "Well hopefully this meeting will speed up that comeback process" Finley said with a handshake that betrayed his love of hands on outdoor life. "This is Taoiseach Cadoc MacKenzie, our Taoiseach is what I assume others would call a Prime Minister, only he's cursed with perhaps the second most difficult to pronounce title on Mundus and having to deal with me on a daily basis."

"The first is a nightmare, the second a delight" Cadoc said deadpan as he gave the Tzar a much gentler handshake. The two men were a contrast Finley was a tall fiery haired man his shoulders broad from the manual labour he delighted in around his various country estates, just 24 hours ago he'd been out chopping wood to build a tree house for his nephew refusing the help of a King's Own Engineers Sergeant Major. Cadoc on the other hand was rather short, his hair thin as grey smoke combed across his head trying to hide his ever growing baldness. Both men wore short black jackets, kilts and knee high socks, the tartans vastly different ruining a rather uniformed look.

The King lead them across the airport where two ranks of green jacketed, kilt wearing soldiers in pillbox hats fell in alongside them, the bagpipes playing as they made their way to a waiting car. The King held the door for the Tzar and then Cadoc before joining them. The ride from the airport to the Parliament building was rather quick thanks to the military holding the traffic causing extra disruption to the rush hour traffic. Once inside the gates the security bollards lowered letting the car pass right up to the doors of the building where a smartly dressed Celtic Guardsman opened the doors for everyone. Inside the corridors were busy with politicans hurrying about and the majority were so focused on their business they ignored the King, a few gave formal nods of respect as the King, Cadoc and the Tzar transitioned through to one of the three lounges. It was huge, designed to house a large group its oak panelled walls full of scenes of the Cenneg countryside. The King poured everyone a drop of whiskey and then sat, "Its a tradition here to have a toast before any deals are discussed or negotiations begin, shows they're meant to be done in good faith." Finley explained, he raised his glass, "A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together, tomorrow" and with that drank his whiskey. "Now you talked about diplomatic, economic, security and cultural matters. I understand the diplomatic, fully appreciate the economic. Yet I struggle to see much in Security terms that aren't covered by the Ardian Assembly, and culturally we're rather far apart. So perhaps we should start we're you see most distance needing to be closed?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
"Likewise gentlemen, likewise." the Tsar replied and drank up his whiskey as well, in order to begin the actual talks. "I would like to first give you King Finley precious and traditional Krimeonite gifts." Tsar Viktor motioned his aides to bring forth said gifts, in order to give something back and show his sincere honesty and show good faith; a bottle of the best Vodka and an assortment of Gingerbread sweets from the port city of Krasicyno. Finally he unveiled a wrapped present from a bag and handed it over to him, inside being a Fabergé Egg which was mechanical; once it was opened a figure of some sorts would spin around and a musical tune would follow.[1] "I can assure My Good King that this was made by the finest craftsmen and with the finest materials our country possesses". A minor gift of some sorts was also given to the Taoiseach as well.

"If I were to first bring up the the security and cultural matters, I naturally suspected as much, that our nations aren't that close in relations to start initiating a closer cooperation security, it's understandable and respectable, so hopefully it may be brought up once more in the future. When it comes to the cultural matters, Krimeonites are Slavs and UC:ers are Celts, however I meant more in terms of cultural exchange opportunities which shall be covered under the more relevant diplomatic matters." he paused to take in all of the walls full of beautiful scenes of the Cenneg countryside.

"Considering most of these matters are covered effectively by the Ardian Assembly, I'd envisioned our treaty to be more 'humble' in nature, if one were to call it so. In terms of the Diplomatic section, it would be relevant to include maintaining active embassies with each other, further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business as well as extradite persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other.

When it comes to the Economic matters, I'd suggest trading fairly with each other, no creation of taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party and right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, as relevant points to bring up.

In terms of special agreements, what about an annual sporting event held between the two nations in any sport we'd agree upon? Please, if there's anything you'd like to add, remove or change, feel free to propose." Viktor paused and gave his Celtic colleague a chance to respond, whilst hopinh that the gifts were satisfiable enough.

1. It can be anything you wish, Libby for example made the figure a ballerina and I thereafter improvised with the type of musical tune

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 01:18:51 PM »
Finley thanked the Tzar for the gifts before turning to the business at hand.

"If I may much of what your asking for already exists between us." Finley responded, "the Ardian Assembly makes business travel visa free with an invite from a Cenneg company or government, tourists can get the Ardian Tourist Visa and students require no visa so long as they meet the criteria of their course requirements. We already have agreements in place between us stating that a fair trial without penalty of death is all that is required for extradition to take place. The economic portion of the Ardian Assembly already gives you a promise to trade fairly and reduce tariffs o extremely low levels. That also includes removing taxes for sending profits home. As for free passage of commercial traffic that is governed already by other treaties, the FSC and its air equivalent ensure those things take place. That essentially leaves us with embassies and a sports event." Finley explained. "The only thing I would perhaps suggest is we have whatever we agree to today include an article stating that should either nation leave the Ardian Assembly that the articles shall still apply between the two of us for 24 months or until a new treaty is agreed, whichever comes first"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 01:46:11 PM »
Spoiler: show

Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation Between the Tsardom of Krimeon and the Kingdom of Uí Ceinnselaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

Section II - Special Agreements

(3) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of Football

Section III - Miscellaneous

(4) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(5) Should either party leave the Ardian Assembly, the articles shall still apply between the two parties 24 months or until a new treaty is agreed

(6) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

"I believe this is what both parties desire then?" Viktor inquired after showing the proposed treaty. "If the King would like to change the type of sport being played, it's completely fine by us."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
"There will need to be a few changes" Finley said revieweing the document. "First off if I need to see your ambassador its urgent and I don't have the time nor the inclination to be hanging around waiting for them. 24 hours is plenty of time. Hell its enough time to begin mobilising a fleet its clearly enough time to get your backside to a meeting. There should be no extension. Now if the matter at hand requires someone more senior things can be done over the phone, internet link etc. You're also not exactly the other side of the world away. 36 hours between an incident and a meeting means the world has changed." Finley said.

"As for the sporting event I don't think we'll find a sport that would see us both be competative. For eaxmple we're very much into our GAelic sports meanwhile they are not going to be played much in your homeland. To use football means Gaelic Football, I think what you mean is soccer" Finley said with a sly grin. "I also fail to see how sport between nations such as ourselves is to create friendship, especially soccer, my experience is its tribal at best and is no likely to see much support from our side, likewise if I was to suggest Hurling it wouldn't capture your nations minds. I therefore fail to see the value of this idea."

"As for Section three, I do not see why 90 days notice is needed. Rest assured if I wish to withdraw an embassy I'd just do it, likewise if I wanted to kick your diplomats out for some reason, they'd be out the door before their feet touched the ground, same as with a sports event."

"My suggestion therefore is this."

Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation Between the Tsardom of Krimeon and the  Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Both nations agree to establish alongside their embassy a Cultural Association. The aim of this Association shall be to arrange a series of events that showcase and promote the guest nations culture.

(3) Both nations agree to an annual exchange of cultural artefacts to be displayed at a museum in good standing for a period of three months. These artefacts shall reflect a theme determined by the two nations CETO scholars.

(4) Both nations agree to recognise and protect intellectual property rights of the other.

(5) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it.

(6) Should either party leave the Ardian Assembly, the articles shall still apply between the two parties 24 months or until a new treaty is agreed

(7) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »
Spoiler: show
Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation Between the Tsardom of Krimeon and the Ríocht de Uí Ceinnselaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(2) Both nations agree to establish alongside their embassy a Cultural Association. The aim of this Association shall be to arrange a series of events that showcase and promote the guest nations culture.

(3) Both nations agree to an annual exchange of cultural artefacts to be displayed at a museum in good standing for a period of three months. These artefacts shall reflect a theme determined by the two nations CETO scholars.

(4) Both nations agree to recognise and protect intellectual property rights of the other.

(5) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it.

(6) Should either party leave the Ardian Assembly, the articles shall still apply between the two parties 24 months or until a new treaty is agreed

(7) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

After analyzing the newly revised treaty, it seemed that Tsar Viktor was satisfied. "I actually agree with the points you brought up and the added articals. Naturally out of protocol, this will be sent to the Federal Assembly back home but rest assured that it'll more than likely pass without any opposition whatsoever, that I can say for certain." he said. "It's certainly a positive feature that our talks so far have been going on quite smoothly as well, which is an important testimony in times such as these when sabre rattling's the preferred method of solving issues." the Tsar further commented, alluding to the Midaranyan crisis.