Author Topic: To Stand In Republican Union  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
To Stand In Republican Union
« on: April 08, 2019, 03:27:44 PM »

President Feish,

In light of recent regional developments, it seems that we border on war with Rokkenjima. Whether or not the tension escalates to such a drastic level remains to be seen, though I believe it is advisable to formally establish diplomatic relations, military cooperation, and hopefully even a trade agreement. It is with this goal in mind that I wish to invite you or a representative to the Imperial Capital of Nanjing to discuss these topics.

I await your response earnestly.
Respectfully Yours,
Emperor-Admiral Jinduming von Nanjing, House of Ming-Brandenburg
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
Re: To Stand In Republican Union
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:53:13 AM »

To Emperor Jinduming von Nanjing,

I believe that now is the perfect time to begin proper diplomatic relations. This is the reason why I will be arriving in Nanjing for talks. Even though we must strive to seek a peaceful resolution for the current situation between us and Rokkenjima, our militaries should cooperate for in the event war comes to our borders.

May our gods bless us during these times,

Ebston Feish

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »

To King Lapu,

In recent days we have seen the escalation of tensions with Rokkenjima over the freeing of several thousand slaves. Whether or not this spirals into armed conflict remains to be seen; however, in that period, President Feish of New Derusmia and I have seen the importance of a military and potentially economic alliance. It is with this in mind that I invite you join us in Nanjing to discuss the issue further.

I await your response earnestly.
With All Respect,
Emperor-Admiral Jinduming von Nanjing, House of Ming-Brandenburg
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:25:42 PM »
The Emperor-Admiral and General Beintaut of the Imperial Armed Forces stood waiting for King Lapu and President Feish to arrive. Marine Guard stood at attention, guarding a large armored car waiting by the airstrip. Patrols roamed the streets outside Nanjing International Airport, a result of the state of emergency.
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »
The New Derusmian presidential aircraft landed in Nanjing flanked by about 20 fighter jets. This was extremely unusual for a nation like New Derusmia, but with the threat of war with Rokkenjima, it was a necessity.

Ebston Feish and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Renz Korhann stepped off the aircraft and shook hands with the Emperor-Admiral and General Beintout. The President spoke first.

“Thank you for inviting me to Nanjing. I hope that these talks will produce effective results.”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:39:49 AM by Franfish McGee »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 09:09:54 AM »
Lapu read the contents of the letter and sighed. This was something he was trying to avoid for most of his time as a King: provoking Rokkenjima. Now, it seems that Quintelia's two neighbors provoked the dragon and Quintelia might be affected. More importantly, the "casus belli" was something King Lapu has done before: buying slaves to free them. King Lapu immediately called his personal pilot to fly to Nanjing as fast as possible.

As the plane landed, he noticed multiple fighter jets nearby. He chucked at the thought that someone was so paranoid and so scared for his life that he needed more than twenty jets to guard them. Lapu walked towards the two leaders, sippinh from his flask fulled with Cenneg whiskey. "Nice to meet you again, Emperor-Admiral. It's been a few months since we last had a meeting and I was wondering how you got into trouble with Rokkenjima." He extended his hand for the Emperor-Admiral to shake. "And you must be President Fish... Feysh? Fiesh? Pardon me for mispronouncing. Anyways, if I may ask? Are you the coward that brought a whole fucking squadron to a meeting between three friendly nations? Are you paranoid of a missile spontaneously following you through the air, do you belittle your own military, or do you not trust us for your safe passage? What a fucking joke you are." King Lapu berated the president before he finished his flask of whiskey.

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:28:00 AM »
“I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, King Lapu,” He said as he scrutinised the King. “I believe that during times like these, it’s acceptable to be worried...” President Feish then began to walk towards the terminal. “Also, it’s pronounced ‘F ei sh.’”.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
"At times like this? Tell me, did you see a Rokkenjiman military plane on your flight to China? Did any of your jets crash? Has Rokkenjima officially declared war on you? If the answer to all of those is no, then there's nothing to worry about, President Ebston Feish." Lapu taunted the President, before taking yet another flask of alcohol and sipping it. "You shouldn't be scared of Rokkenjima, but you should be wary of them, which is why I assume you invited me. Shall we go to the meeting place?"

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »
Not the best start, but oh well. “Gentlemen, please, let us travel to the Imperial Palace to discuss politics. Save the berating for after the conflict is over. I’d rather not do diplomacy in an open airstrip. If you would please follow me?”

The trip was short and uneventful. They took a lesser-used route to get to the Imperial Palace as fast as possible, with the military humvees surrounding the armored car clearing the way. Imperial Marine Guard ushered the three into the elevator, and Emperor Jinduming led the way to the conference room.

“Right, thank you. As we all know, Rokkenjima is threatening both Imperial China and Derusmia with sanctions. Quintelia may be next. In the meantime, should we fail at diplomacy, we will all face the arms of the Rokkenjiman military. No doubt that we would all suffer severe losses; we would be better off in an alliance. Even if we resolve the conflict peacefully, we would be able to create better diplomatic situations for our future. I am not just speaking militarily; no, I mean that this could allow us to create a economic and military union of sorts. But I am getting ahead of myself. Please, your opinion?”
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:04:47 PM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:42 AM »
King Lapu sighed upon hearing what the Emperor had to say. "First of all, sanctions would not take effect for as long as the Ardian assembly can talk sense into Rokkenjima. A threat is mostly useless if you have a thick skull and a thicker shield, with our shield being other Ardian nations that doesn't have the same pride as Rokkenjima. Next, it seems that you two are afraid of facing the might of the Rokk army. Though it is wise to be wary of what the Empress will do next, and Rokkenjima itself would be a worthy adversary, we have to remember that Rokkenjima can't just simply attack us as it would be unwise of them to do such. I assume I don't have to list all the reasons on why an armed conflict is far away from reality. " Lapu's voice cracked, prompting him to drink from his flask before continuing. "Now, don't get me wrong, having a regional alliance between us three would be very beneficial for all of us and I support the formation of a multinational organization for the three of us. We three nations would form a powerhouse in terms of economy, agriculture, industry, and even military, though we could spread our influence, I advice aginst it for now until you two cool your relations with Rokkenjima down."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:05:44 AM by Major Jaws »

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 07:35:15 AM »
“Ah, it’s nice to see that you’re not under the influence at the moment, King Lapu.” Ebston spoke. “For now, let’s focus more on diplomacy and trade than Rokkenjima. As King Lapu said before, this union should benefit our economics and industries superbly. I am fully behind this alliance.”

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »
"The fuck you mean not under influence?" King Lapu was taken aback. "I drink and I know things." King Lapu continued, referencing a very popular show. "Speaking of knowing things, I know more about forming international organizations than anyone in this room. Therefore, I shall start this off by suggesting that this will be the foundation of our agreements, if you will." King Lapu took three sheets of paper from his briefcase, which was also a vessel for his flasks of alcohol. He gave the two other leaders their own copies while he had his own.

Section 1
1. South Ardian Alliance Members shall all be members of and should agree to every provisions of the Assembly of Ardia.

2. Member states shall appoint a representative for the alliance. This representative shall not hold any position in their home country for as long as they're representing their nation.

3. The Alliance shall meet at least once every month to discuss any issues concerning every member nation. Representatives shall meet in the city of ______, _________.

"This is just the first part of the agreement, and we are yet to agree where our headquarters would be in." King Lapu said as he reclined on his chair and drank whiskey.

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 08:21:16 PM »
With a shallow sigh, Emperor Jinduming replied, "Very well, all is good as long as the Imperial Republic is not dragged into some inane agreement with by the assembly, all is fine. Also, err... how many flasks do you even have in that briefcase...? Nevermind, i think we should construct our headquarters somewhere central to our three nations, specifically area the Western edge of Quintelia. What do you think, President Feish?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:57:40 AM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 02:39:52 AM »
The President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs analysed the sheet of paper for about half a minute. The President spoke first.“Yes, ok. This seems like an agreeable plan. Let’s build the headquarters in West Quintelia.”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:56:17 AM by Franfish McGee »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 06:20:12 AM »
"Well, the nearest major city there is Nueva Lungsod, so I think that answers that questions."  Lapu replied. "And to answer your question Emperor, there's enough to make us all three pass out. Anyways, here's the next section."

Section 2
1. All nations agree to provide visa-free travel for 30 days or more to every member of the alliance.

2. All nations agree to lift any tariffs on any goods from any member of the alliance.

3. A railway line and a highway shall be built across the nations that are part of the alliance.

4. All nations that are part of the alliance shall be given access to the Exclusive Economic Zones of each other and shall have the right to do any commercial or industrial activity so long as it complies to the laws of the respective nations.

"Emperor, I know you may not agree with a few of these so I must ask if there's anything you may want to edit here. I am also aware that some of our representatives talked over the third provision in Claith, but I just wanted to make it a bit more official." Lapu said, before slurping down on whiskey.

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 08:44:59 AM »
“That is perfectly fine, King Lapu. I have but one quarrel with proposition 1; that being the fact that China will likely have far stricter border laws and so I would like to propose issuing a special ID or some sort to our citizens when they move among our nations as to avoid being stuck in the border checkpoint queue for hours.

Also, this is hardly related, but I thought I might mention that I actually would be quite relieved if we could route the railways through Northern Gan’Xi, because Southern Gan’Xi is just an near-uninhabitable poisoned wasteland from when we fought the Oriental Commune with chemical and biological weapons.”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:31:18 AM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 05:22:37 AM »
The Minister of Foreign Affairs spoke first. “I agree with the Emperor-Admiral, we should have alliance exclusive IDs and/or passports for ease of access.” The President spoke after reviewing the next section. “I don’t think I have a problem with anything here, it’s fine by me.”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:33:06 AM by Franfish McGee »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »
Section 2
1. All nations agree to provide visa-free travel for 30 days or more to every citizen who carry IDs exclusive to members of the alliance.

2. All nations agree to lift any tariffs on any goods from any member of the alliance.

3. A railway line, as previously negotiated in Claith, and a highway shall be built across the nations that are part of the alliance.

4. All nations that are part of the alliance shall be given access to the Exclusive Economic Zones of each other and shall have the right to do any commercial or industrial activity so long as it complies to the laws of the respective nations.

"I think this would suffice, no?" King Lapu replied. "Anyways, let me continue this treaty for us three."

Section 3
1. All member nations may propose any amendments or additions to this treaty. For an amendment or addition to be approved, it must gain the approval of 60% or more of member nations.

2. Any nation that has interest to be part of the alliance shall be able to apply for as long as it fulfills the following requirements:
a. The applicant is a member of the Assembly of Ardia
b. Border any member of the alliance
c. Have had a diplomatic treaty signed with at least one of the member nation, and
d. Accept all aspects and provisions of the treaty.

"If there is anything you'd like to add, it would be better." King Lapu continued, gulping down another flask of whiskey.

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »
“Why not have applicants at least have been invited to the Adrian Assembly at least once, because neither New Derusmia nor the SICR are members of the Adrian Assembly, and personally, I doubt my people would approve joining what I’m sure the Righteous Self-Defense Party would describe as ‘a diplomatic prison.’ All seems well otherwise.
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
King Lapu looked at the Emperor with confusion before he replied. "Yes, I am aware that both SICR and New Derusmia are not yet members of the Ardian Assembly, that's why the very first provision in the very first section, it is stated that all of us shall be members of the Ardian Assembly. I didn't hear a single complaint and I assumed that after this meeting, a representative of yours, or you yourself, would apply to be a member of the Assembly. Would you like me to go back to Section 1 to 3 again just in case you misheard any other details?"

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 09:30:49 PM »
Reading over the section again, Emperor Jinduming immediately replied, “Ah, I see. Forgive me. I must’ve forgotten. I suppose the Righteous Self-Defense Party will just have to be shouted down in that case.”
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 04:16:34 AM »
“We’ll be sending a representative to apply for the Ardian Assembly later on.” The President now asked a question. “Would the alliance be exclusive to just us three, or can other Ardian nations to join this alliance? And what would the conditions for joining be?”

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 04:23:35 AM »
"I suggest we keep it exclusive to ourselves for the time being, with the option of future members kept open. And I think Section 3 already highlights the requirements to join, President Feish. I personally think we should have a vote to induct new members, in case we have some quarrel to settle before letting them join."
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
Section 3
1. All member nations may propose any amendments or additions to this treaty. For an amendment or addition to be approved, it must gain the approval of 60% or more of member nations.

2. Any nation that has interest to be part of the alliance shall be able to apply for as long as it fulfills the following requirements:
a. The applicant is a member of the Assembly of Ardia
b. Border any member of the alliance
c. Have had a diplomatic treaty signed with at least one of the member nation
d. Accept all aspects and provisions of the treaty, and
e. Gain the support of at least 50% of the member nations.

"Shall this suffice?" King Lapu let out an audible burp. "Now, I hope this is the last section or else I'd pass out before we all finish here."

Section 4
1. All member nations shall agree desist any aggressive military action against another member nation.

2. All member nations shall have a joint military exercise at least once a year.

3. Member nations shall agree to open borders to nomadic indigenous peoples and Wilder-Jagers for as long as the said peoples shall be informed of the country they currently are in and shall follow the law of the country they visit.

4.  All member nations shall have signed the Uppsala Convention and the MCUR.

"Now, if you have nothing more to add, please sign th-the thing... the line below." King Lapu stammered as he finished his fourth flask of alcohol.

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:16 PM »
Emperor Jinduming looked the paper over before taking out his pen and signing the document.
“Looks good. I can guarantee that Wilderjaegern will not misbehave while in foreign soil. What do you think, President Feish?”
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »
President Feish and the Minister of Foreign Affairs read through the section given to them. The President grabbed his pen and signed. “Ok, we’re done. Is there anything else to do or can we start drinking now?”

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 03:59:19 AM »
"Why not. Autrauss, " -Jinduming motioned towards an orderly- "Get us some liquor from downstairs."

"At once, sir."

The orderly quickly made a short call, and within a few minutes, there was a small collection of full liquor bottles on the table. Jinduming filled up a beer stein and motioned to both leaders.

"President Feish, King Lapu, a toast. To cooperation and friendship!"
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 04:07:28 AM »
The President grabbed his glass and held it high. He looked at the two other leaders. “To cooperation and friendship.” And he took a sip of his glass.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2019, 07:27:47 AM »
King Lapu, having already finished almost two liters of Cenneg liquor, took the glass and held it high. A few drops almost spilled if it weren't for the surface tension of the liquid. King Lapu slurped and finished half the glass before he sat down, obviously dizzy. "Well, I think I'd have enough for now or else one of you would have to carry me back to Lungsod."