Author Topic: The Honeybadger and the Orphela Imperium  (Read 4265 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
The Honeybadger and the Orphela Imperium
« on: May 11, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »

To:- Governess Niru

Having recently seen you make a statement that you wish to begin engaging in international relations it reminded me of the first few days of my own reign. Several years ago now I inherited the Kingdom of East Moreland from my father, a man who had been brought up in the traditionalist isolationist views that prevailed in my homeland for centuries. However as he aged he wished to see our nation expand our world view and thankfully for myself and East Moreland that belief was passed onto myself. I am only saddened that he did not get the chance to forge the path that I have attempted to navigate East Moreland on. I see many similarities between your desire and that of myself nearly a decade ago.

With that in mind I am due to visit Nya Aland in the coming weeks to review our joint military training exercises with the Alanders. I would be deeply honoured if you would accept me visiting your nation and perhaps helping you take those first steps.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
Re: The Honeybadger and the Orphela Imperium
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:09:03 AM »

Reply to King David III

It is with great pleasure that I receive your letter and I would be delighted to host you within the Imperium. It has been many years since any monarch of my nation has hosted an international state visit, a task I am more than delighted by the possibility of. Your father sounds like a great and smart man. I wish my father had had a similar charge of heart in his final years, perhaps our meeting could have been much sooner. After your business in Nya Aland I would be delighted if you would fly into Foshir.

Warmest Regards,

Governess Niru, Matriarch of the Omega Bloodline.

Niru breathed a deep sign. The past few days had been her putting out one fire after another. She was use to court politics, but this was another story. It was as if a Red Witch had cast a curse on her. She shuddered at the thought. The Maar Clans were growing more unruly by the day, she was not looking forward to her upcoming visit to the Bloodplains. And her announcement of seeking international ties was not exactly popular at court. Iaxxioldril, in particular, was extremely displeased. No doubt it was less about the policy itself and more on not being consulted. In his anger he refused to speak to the Governess for three whole days. Niru swore, despite that man holding one of the highest titles within the Imperium, he sometimes acted like a spoiled child. It was the Castrate that was the most troublesome. The eunuchs had always made her blood run cold. They were so sinister seeming, it was as if every time they looked at you they were evaluating wither arranging your death would make their lives easier. They were especially displeased at the idea of foreigners. It made sense, they were an unknown in the Castrate's intricate web of influence. Foreigners could easily disrupt the carefully crafted balance of those webs. And there was also the constant struggle of the girl. Niru hadn't expected grooming a commoner for the throne to be easy, but this girl was far more work than she expected. Her brother couldn't make anything easy for her it seemed, even having not seen each other in years.

Niru was sitting in a temporary raised tent outside of Novox. It is strictly forbidden for any unbelievers to ever center the Imperial City. This created a great issue- where was Niru to receive her guests. The solution was actually quite simple when they finally figured it out. Temporary structures. Not wanting it to look barren, Niru had ordered the building of a small city. It was a bit excessive, perhaps if the entire court was living and working in these tents they would be filled. Currently, they were mostly empty and quiet. She had spent the last few days living and working in these tents and actually greatly enjoyed it. It was nice to be separated from the oppressive air of the court.

She awaited the Moreland delegation quietly, drinking her afternoon tea. The Morelanders would fly into Foshir, the nearest city, and from there be helicoptered to Novox. They would be accompanied by a couple of Castrate to ease their journey. No doubt a few meaningless pleasantries would be exchanged between the two groups. Niru had made a similar journey many times. Novox's remote location denied it a lot of pleasure of modern life, a fact that was easy to forget. Niru sighed again, since the adoption of her daughter, she normally took her afternoon tea with her, accompanying it with a lesson of etiquette. Despite all the headaches the Crystal Princess caused her, Niru had grown quite fond of the girl. She reminded her of her brother before their falling out. Stubborn as all hell, but an endearing refuse to accept anything less than the best, from herself, from those around her, from the world. It was naive, but still pleasurable to see.   

Niru cleared her thoughts. She had other things to worry about, namely this King David.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 07:24:33 PM »
The trip to Nya Aland had been pretty routine, King David had flown into Krokom along with ten of his nations elite military unit, Red Legion. They'd driven through the Nordic countryside in convoy the camaraderie between the troopers taking David back to his days in the military. He'd spent the rest of the day watching his nations troops go through drills while working with the Alanders own elite. The training area was lovely, a small bay on the coast with a mock Nordic village sat close to the water. David would have liked to stay longer but he had other business and that was equally as exciting. It had been quiet some time since he'd been to a nation that he'd never been to before, especially one that he knew so little about. It reminded him of his first few days on the throne when it had been a whirlwind of official visits and functions.

As they returned back to Krokom it was just the King, Will Buckley the King's Head of Security and Quinn Germaine the Head of the Royal Household, a title that in effect meant she was the King's private secretary. It was always a juggling act when you visited other nations at least that was how David saw it. If you went with too many people you sent a message that you weren't truly in control, or worried about safety. This was one reason why David and the Morelanders often preferred to travel light, it showed a level of trust and also reflected the authority David had within his Kingdom. The flight across Albion was thankfully far shorter than the one from Alba Karinya but the small nature of the royal aircraft didn't give much room. The Kings back injury was getting to the point now where the long flights across Mundus left his lower back aching and so he was thankful that he arrived in Foshir. The King had a quick wander around to stretch himself as the Air Force stewards supervised by Quinn set about making sure all the King's baggage was sorted. As they were now about to head to meet the Governess it was time for David to get himself suitably attired. In the ancient past that would have entailed putting on a crown and cloak but those were both heavy and cumbersome, not suited to modern travel and so the only tradition that was needed was to put on his sword. The long broad blade of a heavy cavalry sword was the blade of choice of the King mainly because it was what he had worn as part of his military uniform but also because at least as far as David was concerned it looked cool. Will however had a more practical shorter sword neatly on his hip while Quinn the slim rapier. Swords were central to Morelander traditions, it was a coming of age, a symbol of faith and more importantly to Morelanders a symbol of honour. The King waited for the Air Force Sergeant to give him the OK that everything had been sorted and boarded the helicopter for what he hoped was a short flight.

Upon landing he waited to be permitted to exit the aircraft and then it suddenly hit him, after everything he'd read about the nation in the lead up to coming there was one thought that had escaped him, exactly how did one address a Governess. It was a title that was used elsewhere on Mundus, but not in the same way it was here. Bakkermaya had governors of provinces, East Moreland even had appointed one for Academica for a short while, but none of them had been a ruler of another nation descended from an ancient blood line. "So what exactly do I call her?" David asked Quinn before swinging his legs out of the helicopter.

"Erm...Not sure." Quinn thought for a moment as she prepared to follow her monarch out of the aircraft. "Best approach I say is just go for name and title Your Majesty" she shrugged her shoulders as she swung her prosthetic leg across to slide out. Once the Morelander trio had cleared the aircraft David straightened his jacket and tie and headed towards the welcoming committee.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
The welcoming committee was a pair of Castrate. These eunuchs were not high ranking by any means, Niru had ensured that. The pair was kneeling with their heads touching the ground, bowed in respect.

"Your majesty, King David, it is with great honor that we have the privilege of welcoming you to Orphela." The pair raised their heads, relaxing from their bow back onto their knees. The same eunuch spoke again, "The Governess will be here shortly. As she carries the blood of the Seraphim, our gods, in her veins, the upmost respect must be given to her. I have been instructed to educate you in some simple rules of etiquette when first meeting the Governess. As a fellow monarch, you need not give her the full bow normally owed. Instead a simple half bow from the waist is sufficient. Your companions on the other hand, they must do the full bow, the same that we demonstrated earlier. Once you offer her your greeting you may lift your head, but you can not stand until she has nodded her head and given you permission. In addition, only King David may enter with 5 feet of the Governess unless she grants you permission. And under no circumstance may any of you ever touch the Governess, doing so is an act punishable by death even to outsiders such as yourselves."

He paused to ensure the instructions were understood. Upon closer inspection it became clear as to why his companion was silent- his mouth was sown shut. The first eunuch cleared his throat.

"The Governess will be here soon. King David, if you may grant us the privilege to stand?" Once confirmation was given, the pair quickly rose and fell in line with Buckley and Germaine, standing on either side of them. They were there to ensure that all proper decorum would be followed by the commoners.

"Harshu Vort'ba!" A voice shouted.

"The Governess comes," The speaking eunuch hissed. "Bow now!" The eunuchs dropped to their knees.

There was the heavy footsteps of the honor guard marching. A small troop of soldiers wearing traditional ceremonial armor was approaching. As they neared, the same voice shouted, "Kil'ta!"With that they stopped. In perfect unison, they parted revealing Niru. She walked forward slowly. She debated bowing to the Moreland King but thought better of it. Iaxxioldril would have thrown a fit at the mere thought- the vessel of the Seraph blood, bowing to a mere mortal king. It was preposterous.

"King David the Third, Patriarch of the Ironside Bloodline, it is with a pleasure I'm sure you understand that I welcome you to Orphela."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »
Some of these rules presented a slight issue for the Morelander King but just as when he had visited Arda Tuluva he had some things he could do to circumvent certain aspects. He first turned to Will and Quinn, he only expected his people to give him the briefest of bows if ever at all, the bow in East Moreland more a simple nod of the head, what mattered back home was the salute with a sword but that was something he wouldn't be offering here as the people seemed far too concerned with correct protocol. "Mr.Buckley, Miss Germaine I believe that your duty for now is done having delivered me to our gracious hosts." He could see Will beginning to protest but he knew the King well enough to know his eyes were telling him not to argue. The King felt awkward with these men on their knees and especially with one with a stitched up mouth and at the earliest chance got them to stand up. "Perhaps you could arrange for my two companions to do some sight seeing, I know Miss Germaine is rather a fan of ice cream shops aren't you." David watched as his Chief of Royal Household laughed, the former holder of the role was the Kings best friend and now brother in law Alex Redfern who believed that sitting somewhere with an ice cream was a great way of learning about a new nation, as a result Redfern had probably eaten more ice cream in the line of duty than any other individual in the history of Mundus.

The King bowed, not probably as deeply as one would expect but enough to be respectful, as he was introduced however he believed if protocol was being important it was best to do things correctly. "If I may." He interjected, "I'm actually Patriarch of the Unasson bloodline, long story but Morelander traditions same dynasties take on different names. I'm delighted to meet you." The King normally would have offered a handshake, a gesture in the chivalric code of East Moreland showing that you came in peace by offering you sword hand in an open manner showing you had no intention to use your sword. He thought better of it and so instead untucked the wooden box under his arm. It was no bigger than shoe box and had ornate carved feet. "If I may present a gift from the Kingdom of East Moreland." He waited to see whether the Governess or her representative would take it. Inside sat an ingot of steel, a sheet of leather, a piece of oak wood, some charcoal and a small piece of bronze all elegantly set in a blue velvet case. "Everything you need to make a sword. In our land it is customary for each leader of our people to fashion their own sword at a place called Ostlake, when someone is deemed worthy of being a leader and protector of people it is common for them to be presented with the materials to make it. I hope that perhaps one day you will bring these materials with you to East Moreland and put them to good use." Truth be told there was not enough of any of the materials to make a full sword, the metal maybe enough for a dagger at most but the symbolism would be known to every Morelander.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »
The speaking eunuch nodded and lead the two Morelanders away. The stitched mouth remained. Niru raised her hand to her mouth and laughed innocently at the correction. "My apologizes, it seems in our isolation, we have lost much knowledge of the traditions that take place outside our own lands." As the King offered the gift, she waved her hand to the remaining eunuch. He approached in a half bow, his face lowered. He took the box and backed away, never raising his head. "Your gift is most generous. I would be delighted to one day visit this Ostlake." She noticed the Morelander's awkwardness toward the man. "Oh, his face offends you, no? I can understand. It is a strange tradition, but Obai has taken a vow of silence. It is customary for those that take such a vow to sow their mouths so that they cannot break their vow, even by accident. Obai, you may take your leave" He nodded, and retreated, never once turning his back on the Governess.

"It would seem you are not the only one with a gift to present." As if on cue, one of the honor guard came marching forward. She was holding a massive blade (OOC: Odachi). She bowed before David, holding the blade up to him. "This blade is known as a Hir'Asur. Directly translated that means the high honor. Only one possessing noble blood may ever receive such a blade. In ancient times, the blade was strictly reserved only for dueling. But as the nobility began to loses it power, and the Court of the Seraphim became more open to common-born, it became apparent that only the strongest and most skilled could effectively use them. Many common-born warrior were able to easily defeat nobles with their much smaller weapons. Eventually it was deemed too unruly and is now mostly ceremonial." The honor guard slightly drew the blade from its hilt, revealing a golden honey badger carved into the blade. Niru smiled, "I hope I'm not completely ignorant in your Morelandish ways."

Meanwhile Buckley and Germaine were lead into one of the larger of the temporary structures. It was a mess hall and relatively empty. There were a few honor guard eating at one corner of the room. They were loudly boasting, but as the foreigners enter they quieted. They continued to eat in hushed whispers, curiously observing the outsiders. They made sure not to look too long, not wanting to be rude.

"If you may take a seat here." The eunuch pointed them to a table in the center of the hall. "Unfortunately there is little to see here. Novox is isolated from any nearby cities or towns. And because of its importances as a holy site, only followers of the Pantheon of the Hallowed may enter. Now if you excuse me, I'll go and get your... ice cream." It was clear from the way he pronounced it, the word was not commonly spoken. He disappeared for a few minutes before returning. He placed a glass tray filled with small colorful pasty balls on the table and took a seat next to them.

"I'm afraid ice cream is not something common to the Imperium, but I have brought you the next best thing, Modi (OOC: Mochi). It's rice cake with a frozen cream inside. I've never had ice cream before, but I'm told it is similar. Please dig in."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 11:55:49 PM »
David wasn't sure if his hosts would realise the significance of presenting him with a type of sword, it was an extremely respectful gesture although the duelling bit did present an issue but nothing worrying. "This is a most beautiful gift" David said. Back home he had rather an extensive collection of blades he'd gathered in his days, some gifts from visitors or well wishers, others antiques that he'd simply liked the look of, two were half finished ones he'd made himself. The first was for his now deceased son Caspian and that was a blade that would never be finished, the other for Caspians twin sister the six year old Princess Rhiannon who would at some point help her father complete the weapon before earning the right to carry it. " I hope you would permit "Hir'Asur" David said the words rather awkwardly, "To be displayed back home in East Moreland. The sword is such a central part of our culture that we even have a national museum to the blade. I'm not aware of them having an Odachi style sword, and especially one so beautifully crafted." David suspected he'd first have to hide it away from Rhiannon who before her illness had been obssessed with her sword training and begun to amass a collection of wooden training swords of her own. He'd even caught her once trying to heft the cavalry sword that hung on his hip only to fail miserably and slice a chunk off the coffee table in his office. "Actually the fact that you're a nation that makes such blades you might be interested in a little cultural idea a citizen of ours had. If you'd permit me a moment to explain." David nodded held the long blade in its scabbard in his left hand as he began to explain. "Our nation is morally guided by something called the Code of Canley. We even have a kind of chivalric court called the Court of Canley which is a rather exclusive body that admits only those people it believes have embodied the Code beyond that normally expected of a follower of the Cult of Helus. It currently only has 41 living members and not even the monarch is permitted to influence who is admitted. It's currently chaired by a man called Sir Charles Townshend. He actually was my swordsmanship tutor when I was a young boy and is currently my daughters." David smiled hoping to soon see Rhiannon back training, it was something she loved. "He believes that it is important to keep the ideals of swordsmanship and their arts alive and set up something called the Brotherhood of the Sword, a kind of global organisation dedicated to educating people about all forms of swordsmanship, smithing and associated skills. Perhaps this is something that we can use as a first foundation stone for forming good relations between our nations?" David knew the business had to start somewhere and with his mind still being made up about the process of sewing your mouth up playing some small disparaging part in his first impression he felt trying to find some common ground was a wise move, and what better common ground than a mutual interest.

Will had spent quiet a bit of time in and around mess halls in his days as a Royal Marine Commando and figured the hushing of the voices probably meant they were gossiping. He wasn't too bothered he was just thankful David had got them out of the rather undignified lying down. He only ever bowed to his own King with a mere lowering of his eyes and slight bend at the waist and usually only then when around other dignitaries. The pair had been through a lot together though, two terrorist attacks, an attempted coup and of course a Football World Cup.

Quinn thanked the eunuch for the rice cake, it wasn't anywhere near ice cream but that didn't really matter. "Thank you" she said as she examined it, she expected it to taste a little bit like cold rice pudding. " Ice cream is a rather fantastic thing" Quinn smiled as he brain tried to work out the taste. " Nothing is better than on a warm summers day in Northfort than going and sitting in People's Park, feet in the stream and a mint and chocolate ice cream."

"So you mentioned this is a Holy place. There must be a story behind it?" Will asked, he'd spent two years sat in the back of King David's History Masters lecture halls and while he'd not actually completed the course he may as well have done. His interest in history wasn't on par with the Kings but it was still a keen one. He was also a keen adherent of the Cult of Helus and enjoyed as a child listening to all the stories of the Gods, as a result hearing the tales of the faiths around Mundus kind of fascinated him. In some ways he believed the Bene Gesserit were onto something and that all religions are just misunderstandings of truths and that looking at their tales could show where they shared ideas. Naturally though unlike the Bene Gesserit he was not open minded about which religion may be correct, he was confident it was the Cult, but it would be interesting to see exactly where the Imperium had messed up. 

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
Niru was surprised by how quickly the conversation turned to business. And already she was being asked to join an international organization. She had hoped to thrust Orphela onto the world-stage, but she hadn't expected it to be so easy. She tried to hide her excitement as she answered, "I would gladly accept your offer. I know our ways are strange to outsiders, but this would be a nice way for our people to learn of each other. The life of the blade is not as widespread as it once was in the Imperium, but there are a number of temples that still carry on the ancient practices. The monks of these temples live in relative isolation. I'm sure many would jump at the chance to leave their isolation and teach their ways to others. As well as learning the ways of others. But come let us talk of this somewhere more comfortable." She motioned for David to follow her.

One of the honor guard shouted, "Batu!" They broke formation, taking up positions across the nearby area.

Niru lead David into a medium sized tent. There was a table with a chair on either end. She took her seat on the far side. On the table, waiting for them were two glasses. "The tea of the Jasmine flower. Freshly harvested." Niru lifted her glass to her nose and breathed deeply. "The aroma is simply divine." She took a small sip before setting the glass down. "Be careful, it is quite hot. Now King David, please be candid, what are your first impression of Orphela, I've always been curious as to how to seem to outsiders?"

"The story of Novox is not as interesting as one might think. Before the Imperium was forced, we were a collection of the five peoples- the Agni, Azrul, Cilkoth, Kasen, and the Maar. We were united by our worship of the Seraphim. The Maar focus their worship on the Seraph Jisu, goddess of Blood. It is widely believed that the Seraphim walk on Mundus among us. Sometimes humans are born with a piece of a Seraph's soul within them. These people are called Avatars. Jisu throughout history has had more Avatars than any other. Among the Maar, the coming of an Avatar unites all the Clans under one banner. One of these Avatars, Temujin, used the might of the Maar Clans to conquer and unite all five peoples. He built Novox to be the seat of his power. But his empire would not last. His sons warred over who would inherit, and the empire was divided. The Maar continued to rule over the rest until a High Seer, leader of our church, saw a message in the sky. It told him to come to Novox on the Eve of Fall. Novox had been abandoned and lay in ruins. The Seer did as the stars told him. He found a lone child among the ruins. He realized that this was a child of the Seraphim, and that child became the first of the Omega Bloodline. She would come to unite the fractured Orphela kingdoms. Novox was rebuilt and declared a sacred place, it being the birth place of the Seraph-Human Bloodline. Since then, the Imperium has been ruled from Novox."

The eunuch smiled having finished his story. He grabbed a Modi for himself. "In Moreland, people follow the Cult of He-helu... the Cult of Helas..? What does that mean? You two are the first people I've ever meet who aren't followers of the Pantheon of the Hallowed."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »
Will and Quinn looked at each other following the eunuch's question. "All yours" Will said gesturing that Quinn should answer the question. "After all you were the teacher." He went back to his creamy treat.

"I was a child care assistant, we weren't exactly trying to get two year olds to understand Helus" she shrugged but prepared to try and explain. "In the beginning" she channelled her best Priestess vibe, "The God Helus was all that existed, feeling lonely he created a family of other Gods. These amused him but I suppose you could say he has a short attention span as he wanted more and so created our world and a group of people to live in it, the giants were almost godlike in their powers and despite Helus being good to them they failed to follow his rules. As such Helus cast them down and created a new better world above the old. That new world is us. Sadly these giant god like creatures escaped their imprisonment and began to try and take over humanity casting a darkness across the world. These creatures were called the Underlords. Sadly we kind of got our asses kicked as humans began to turn away from Helus' rules so he left us to our fate. Thankfully the God of War called Jekar found us intriguing and attempted to stand with us but only a small group of humans lead by the ever faithful Raimond Unasson stood against the darkness and the Underlords. With only the island of Alba Karinya left free from the darkness Jekar and Unasson's group prepared to make a final stand. Helus looked on and was so impressed with Unasson he took pity on humanity and returned to our world turning the tide of battle and along with the other Gods destroying the Underlords. Unasson was mortally wounded in the battle and so Helus granted him a place in the afterlife but not before giving his wife a child. Helus told us as long as we stick to our Code of Canley, the rules he gave us, that we will be safe from the Underlords. To ensure that we keep faith with the bloodline of the Unassons which now resides in the Ironside family." She hoped that made sense.

"Our Code" Will took over "Governs our actions. You could say the Cult is more a faith of doing than believing. We place little emphasis on daily prayers. We place great emphasis on protecting the legacy of our ancestors, protecting the creations of Helus and the most important part of the code of Canley is to protect those who can not protect themselves. Its one reason why all Morelanders who are over 18, have served their nation for two years and can provide witnesses of good character are permitted to carry a sword. You walk the streets of any East Moreland city you'll see people carrying their swords and they will step in to help the needy if they have to." Will was rather proud of that. In the time since King David had taken the throne that Code had been applied to foreign policy too, Morelanders being involved in almost every aid operation on Mundus and even at one point standing with their allies against the spectre of the USR.

"We follow a series of holy books that offer us advice on many aspects of life but seemingly most link back to those dark days against the Underlords, I suspect as such you'll see Moreland society being rather militaristic in some respects, but I hope not to the point of us seeming inhospitable to the outside world." Quinn took over again. "Our approach to our lives is guided by the Gods, Frossaj, the God of Justice probably put it best when he said to us "You stand here today - in the shadow of your parents' and grandparents' accomplishments - because of their willingness to sacrifice and look to your future. You owe them the greatest of honours - to leave a better world than you found."

David was immedietly reminded of his visit to Rokkenjima, a rather nerve wracking experience when he'd been a new King but today it was a destination he'd rather not head to. A nation he'd once considered close enough of a friend to name their Empress a Shield Mother[1] but a nation that today he had turned his back on in many ways. There he had been introduced to green tea, a deliciousy that he still enjoyed today. It was that memory that made him intrigued to try this Jasmine tea. He savoured the aroma while he thought of his answer to the Governess. "Our faith has an important figure, Raimond Unasson, people with much more religious knowledge say he is my great-great-great and so on grandfather. He was told us "We do not give up what our ancestors gave us nor do we crave more than they had" I interpret this as its important to keep your traditions. Clearly your a nation that does that and naturally that is worthy of respect. I see many parallels between us, but I also see a little of your neighbours Arda Tuluva in you. There a nation that clings every bit as tightly to its traditions as you and at the same time is a complex traditional society. I like them." David smiled taking his first sip of his drink and rather enjoyed it. "If you want me to be honest though there are some things that surprise me. Your remoteness here, still holding meetings in tents, the rules surrounding yourself." David paused for a moment. " Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you truly want your nation to make friends around the world.....well there are some traditions you may need to occasionally let go." He thought of his own nation for a while, particularly his first meetings with other nations. "Our refusal in the early days to ever give up our swords could have lead to issues visiting other nations. I remember negotiating the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights and the hosts Dartfordia only permitting our swords on Day One of the conference. It gave me an interesting choice, put aside a tradition or leave us isolated." he thought of what else he could add and then laughed, "You know I look forward to seeing what happens when you meet the Maori of the Unified Iwi." he put his glass down and leaned forward. "I'm a history nerd and find traditions fascinating. The Maori believe that the only way to show respect when meeting someone of high rank is to place your foreheads together" he pressed his fist against his own forehead to demonstrate, "your noses touch and you both exhale, your life energies joining forever, refusing to do so is seen as an insult to your host." The King leaned back. "I would wonder what you'd do. However you being curious to how you seem to outsiders, my three word summary, intriguing, hospitable and pious" He hoped he hadn't been insulting. "I suppose though the most intriguing thing is where do you see your nation in five years time? And also more important, how is life as a Governess of such a unique nation?"
 1. Like a god-parent in Christianity

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
Niru paused as she took in the King's words. One important lesson her father had given her was to never speak without first thinking beforehand. This had meant that any filler words- things like ums, were meant with strict punishment. As a child, Niru spent many evenings on an empty stomach.

"In some ways I'm unsure how to answer your question. This is the life I know, but I was not born into it, at least not exactly. I haven't ever told this story, every Nitehymn knows it. My half brother, Velkin, was destined for the throne. He was the older of the two of us. Indeed, my father even crowned him the Crystal Prince, the heir apparent. I have always lived a life of privilege, I can never deny that fact. But Velkin always had more than me. His tutors were always the more accomplished professors, his lesson deemed more important. His birthday celebrations more elaborate, his present more expensive, more thoughtful. And so on. My father, that mysterious man whom I never came to understand... the two of them had a relationship I could only dream of. I never knew my mother and Velkin's died when he was very young. The three of us only had each other, and them more than me. Towards the end of my father's life, he became quite ill. Fighting off death for as long as he did, it changes a person. One day he called me into his quarters and told me that I would be crowned the Crystal Princess. It wasn't long after that he finally succumbed to his illness." Niru took another much deeper sip of her tea. "I wasn't meant to be Governess. It took me many years to accept that, but now I understand it. It is my badge of honor. Novox is a complicated web, filled with its ancient traditions. I agree completely with you. Sometimes the past needs to be let go off. Had I been groomed to rule from birth, this idea would have been educated out of me. I would have learned an unquestionable reverence to the way things are. As you put it, 'the rules surrounding yourself,' they're impossible. I haven't been touched by another human being, save my personal physician, in maybe five years." 

Niru sighed and for a second became lost in her memories. "I apologize for my frankness. This is unbecoming of a Governess. To babble on about my personal woes, it's extremely inappropriate. But to answer your first question, where do I see my nation in five years? I see a nation, teeming with tradition, with honor and piety, but also walking hand and hand with the rest of the world. I love my people, I love their faith, their reverence, their passion. If the zeal with which they worship could be used to aid others, the unimaginable would be possible. The aid we could provide Mundus, the lives we could improve, the people we could save. One of the Seraphim, Necra, put it best, 'kill the past if you must, for it is a simple thing and one day this will be the past too.' In five years, this nation will burn the past that holds us back and will stand firmly on the world stage. This I promise to you, King David."

"Reverence for those that came before you is admirable. In someways it seems we believe quite similar things. Among the Pantheon, the aid of others is considered the grandest of deeds. In many ways the Imperium has been neglectful of this by closing our border for so long. Indeed, we also believe that humanity fought alongside the gods against an ancient evil long ago." He finished is Modi and smiled, amused at how despite the vast difference between them, how similar the Morelanders really were. "Is there anything else you desire? If not, we could talk a walk to the cliff's edge, the sight of the sea can be quite beautiful."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 11:27:38 PM »
David thought about how his life was so different to Niru's, he had been groomed to take the throne since he'd been born, even his elder sister had received some preparation for being monarch should Helus have determined David wasn't fated to become King. Freya though his younger sister had been the one with the more normal upbringing although even that had forced her to take up the responsibility of being an army officer, but that had been something she'd thrived under. "My father was a man who was mysterious to me, when we had anyone else around he was the ever prim and proper monarch, staunchly protective of his nation even if it meant neglecting his children. Yet when we were alone he was full of stories and jokes galore. I used to love Feast Days of our faith, we'd spend the morning at Temple but then the evenings together as a family where he used to make the story of the Gods come alive. I just wish my daughter Rhiannon could have meet him as I lack the same story telling talents of my father." He drained what was left of his tea. "You'll find the monarchs of Mundus an interesting bunch and probably the only people that will know what your going through. Take the Emperor of Neu Urburzis, Orion, a young man in every sense of the word thrust into being the leader of his nation yet still has to juggle school. Then you've got the Queen of Lodja, burdened with not just ruling a nation but being in the eyes of her people a part Queen, part Goddess hybrid. What you'll also find is the vast majority of monarchs I know are supportive, we have to be. I am sure the more you get to know the world, the more friends you'll find. Now as for standing firmly on the world stage I hope you'll accept our help in that regard. Mundus is a big wide world of opportunity." David concluded.

"I'm up for a bit of sight seeing" Quinn said as she stood up, checking her prosthetic leg before doing so. Will slid his jacket back on and prepared to follow. "You believe we have similarities." Quinn returned to the point their host had made, "Some of our Priestesses even have a way of explaining that. What they think is that as the darkness the Underlords inhabited swept across Mundus it took away the memory of Helus, as Alba Karinya was the only land spared from this darkness then it was only us who remembered things such as the Code of Canley. Those that prescribe to this theory believe therefore other religions that are similar are merely those people finding their way slowly back to Helus." she explained. "Personally I'm not sure I follow that but maybe there is some truth to it." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Wow.....don't let Jinny Denman hear you talking like that." the pair laughed. Denman was considered by many in East Moreland to be a heretic, she believed Helus was infact female and that the Cult had been set up to simply pander to the patriarchy of ancient cultures. She was now a media celebrity back home as her version of the faith slowly grew, her pet project was to criticise King David and his family in an attempt to make them embrace her version of the faith. "Sorry little home joke." Will apologised. "Just out of interest" he began, "What happens to those not of your faith in your lands?" 

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 03:56:59 PM »
"Non-believer aren't a common occurrence; the church has significant power in the government and education system. Despite that, schools are not as focused on religious rhetoric as you might first assume." He lead them out the tent, and the began a zigzag through between the various tents. "Many who come to doubt the Pantheon often end up leaving the country, although they are under no obligation to do so. Those that chose to remain live the same as any other citizen. All Nitehymn register with a local church official near their primary living area. This allows local churches to know how many to expect at worship and, more importantly at festivals. The information is also used for government census data. Non-believer do the same, they just specify themselves as unaffiliated with the church. The phase 'unaffiliated with the church' covers a wide variety of peoples, from the non-religious, agnostic, other religious groups, and those that for one reason or another worship privately, without the church. Non-believers is our catch-all term for these people. Often times non-believers that remain in Orphela have a deep love and appreciation for the culture and values of the Pantheon, but maybe not the specifics of the religious doctrine. At the end of the day, the Imperium is a theocracy. All citizens have to make peace with this fact. It can sometimes be had for those not of the Pantheon because in someways they are unrepresented in the government. Of course there is the Department of Secularism, a government agency that looks out for non-believers throughout the country. If one has an issue they can petition to the Department for assistance. The Department is a sort of mini democracy within the nation, the highest ranking officials are elected by non-believers throughout the nation."

It was almost perfect timing, a few seconds after he had finished answering the question, they approached the end of the tents. As they step out into an open clearing, they could see for miles ahead. It was only a few hundred feet to the cliffs edge. To their left was the holy city, Novox, and the towering presence of the court. To the right, the cliffs seemed to stretch on forever. And straight ahead, there was only the dark blue ocean. "Hmm, we are quite lucky. The skies are clear which is not normally the case."

Niru stared at David, fully taking him in. His words rang true, it made sense that as a monarch she would find more companionship among the other monarchs. The thought had never crossed her mind until David had pointed it though. She laughed. "I'm sorry but I can't imagine having taken the throne while still adolescent. The thought is quite amusing though. Can you imagine dealing with the acne of puberty while having to prepare for a state visit? Studying for exams during a national assembly? Ha, I guess in that regard the Seraphim have favored me." She cleared her throat. "Excuse me. It is interesting how the shadow of a parent becomes heavier after they are gone. Sometimes I feel as though I am a harsher father to myself than my true father ever was."

Niru finished her cup of tea before waving over an attendant from the entrance of the tent. She wished in his ear before he disappeared, returning with a stack of parchment and pens. "I hope you do not think this too forward. I deeply appreciate your offers of friendship, but I would like to formalize our arrangement if possible.  I am unsure of Moreland law on this regard, but I am permitted to negotiate with the full weight of the nation."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Well it seemed that this was a country they didn't have to worry about religious persecution in, after all not many nations had whole agencies dedicated to looking after people of minority faiths. So far however Quinn and Will had only seen the religious, organised way of life here and they suspected that if thats all they reported to Redfern he'd feel his protege had kind of let him down, especially not tracking down any real ice cream a crime that Redfern would probably rule as the country being one of "Grave concern". Will could almost imagine the briefings on the Imperium, "Their lovely people but a bunch of dessert savages.....they've not even heard of ice cream." Will could imagine the Red Legion officer saying it almost now and the thought made him smile a little before he tried to turn the conversation to something other than faith. "So what do people in the Imperium do for fun? What's a party like here?" he asked himself looking forward to the impending Festival of Greenflowers back home.

David didn't think Niru's words too forward at all. "Well making an agreement with East Moreland is pretty straight forward" he began to explain, "Essentially you get me to agree to something and the people follow. Although when I am uncertain of whether the people who follow out of alliegance or approval I have in the past given them referendums. So two years ago nearly we formed a bond of friendship between ourselves, Ui Cenneslaig, The Commonwealth of the Iwi and Lodja, known as the CNN I had our people determine whether we wanted this formal tie and the people confirmed my belief that they did. When it comes however to a simple arrangement of friendship then as soon as I affix my signature its done." He hoped he'd been clear. "Morelanders wish to be friends with as many people as possible and so I'd be thrilled if we can put down on paper some kind of symbol of that friendship. In the past on what I suppose you'd call first contact we've focused on ensuring embassies are established, explored some potential trade concessions and cultural exchanges. Now I'm open to any ideas you yourself may have of course so consider nothing off the table." He hoped he'd hit the floor running so to speak. " There are though perhaps some issues when negotiating with a Morelander you may not be aware of" He had no idea how well briefed Niru was on East Moreland's situation and so thought best to be honest. "Around 1,600 years ago my forefather King Robert broke away from his brothers and sisters who ran the land we call East Moreland as blood thirsty tyrants who had forgotten our code of Canley, he was ordered to slaughter the innocent in the East of Alba Karinya, he refused and instead lead an army against his family defeating them. He renamed the land East Moreland to wipe the shame meanwhile his brother Niall Barren escaped into hiding. Since then the Barren bloodline has claimed our homeland and we've had the odd battle with them throughout history whenever they drag themselves out of hiding. In more recent times however they have carried out countless acts of terrorism on a global scale. I must warn you by signing anything with East Moreland you are likely to have the Borlanders of the Barren bloodline see you as a potential threat. In the past they've kidnapped Princess Serenity of Achkaerin, Princess Adriana of Rokkenjima, killed people, planted bombs and even tried to use biological agents on other nations. Naturally should you agree to a treaty of friendship or some arrangement with me you have my word East Moreland will do all it can to shield you and Mundus from these people. I just believe however it is only right you enter any talks with me with your eyes wide open." He hoped he hadn't just shot himself in the foot but it was important Niru knew what a friendship with East Moreland could mean.

"If you have any suggestions for how to continue, areas you wish to discuss or just questions then I'm open for them." David waited nervously.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »
The eunuch laughed deep in his stomach. "I doubt I am the best person to ask. As part of my station, I was taken in by the Castrate almost from birth. I have barely step foot outside of Novox. Although, while I lack first hand experience, I know much of life outside the holy city. Orphela has a complex and intricate culture. We have our religious festivals and holidays of course. One for each of the nine Seraphim. Although the one for The Red is far more somber. Rizelthial's Festival is a national favorite. He is the Seraph of Fire and for a week its almost as if the whole nation is on fire. All night, every night, billions of candles are burned across the nation. There are fireworks, fire breathers, and paper dragons on every street corner. And street vendors are falling over themselves trying to prove they have the spiciest food. But it is not all religious. Orphela's isolation has allowed the Nitehymn to greatly expand and perfect its art rituals. Art is greatly reverend across the nation. We have a number of national treasures in the forms of musicians, poets, painters, and actors. I believe I've heard rumors that two of these are to play at Glastomundus this year. Nitehymn theatre is particularly favored across the nation, still competing with its cousin, cinema. You'll notice a distinct lack of foreign influence across the nation, even foreign films and tv. As such, the Nitehymn have had to entertain ourselves. In the coming weeks, the Society of Independent Artists, one of the largest and most revered art collectives in the nation, are to exhibit a show that will declare the death of post-modern art. Much of society is an active participant in these. After seeing a movie, friends commonly go to a tea house to debate and deconstruct the complexities of the film for hours. Oh, that's a marked difference that Orphela has from the rest of Mundus. You'll find virtually no coffee drinkers here. One of our High Seers given coffee as a gift. He hated the drink so much that he declared it a sin to drink. While it is no longer a sin to drink, coffee has still failed to overtake the Nitehymn."

There was a brief pause by Niru. "I greatly appreciate you being so open and forward. While there is still much about the international community that I have yet to learn, the Borlanders are certainly a group I am fully aware of. Rokkenjima is our neighbor after all. But this certain tells me much of your own character King David." Niru picked up the pen and began writing on the paper as she continued. "Let's see, embassies are a logical first step. Trade concession are perhaps the cornerstone of my international policy. It does nothing for the Imperium to engage politically with others while maintaining a closed economy. But our economy is built around the protectionism already in place. While I hope to one day remove these tariffs and trade barriers, it has to be done slowly, so as not to cause economic catastrophe. I believe a slow and steady decrease in tariff percentages would be best. Is that agreeable? As for a cultural exchange. It seems both Morelanders and Nitehymn maintain a deep love and fascination with that of the blade. As you said, the Brotherhood of the Sword would be a good place to base our friendship. The Imperium will petition for membership. But I have another idea. The monks of the mountain monasteries live in isolation. They still practice the arts of the blade. I would have an exchange program of some sort. At the very least, the monks can travel to East Moreland for sometimes, working and living alongside your sword-smiths and trainers. If you'd wish, a reciprocal program so that Morelanders would also live among the monasteries would be even better."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »
"Ah Glasto" Will said using the nickname of the music festival, he had been to a number of them when he was a youngster with dreams of being a rock God, but having a poor singing voice and no rhythm had meant a career in the military was likely to be far more successful and so at 18 he had joined the Royal Marine Commandos. "Its hell of a festival, if your talking about opening yourself up to the world then thats the place to do it."

Quinn was making mental notes of as much as she could. "Well last time our King went to a nation that were big on tea he ended up addicted to Green Tea, that was the start of a period of many changes back home too. Who knows maybe this is a catalyst for more changes, maybe for us both." She hadn't been on the royal staff when David had visited Rokkenjima coming back with several sacks of Green Tea, she'd been a nursery assistant and it had been before the Regency Crisis where she'd lost her leg.

The King took out an old leather bound pocketbook from the inside pocket of his jacket. He then went to remove the pen from his opposite pocket and felt his heart sink as there was none there. He reached down into his trouser pocket and discovered he had one there, it was times like this he wished Quinn was with him, no doubt she'd have a few lined up. It wasn't until he removed the pen that he realised the disaster, it was his daughter Rhiannon's pen she'd dropped in the car as they'd driven her to her mothers house on route to the airport. David blushed slightly. "Occupational hazard of having a little daughter." he smiled as he tried to look as regal as possible scribbling down a proposal. "So I suppose an agreement such as this is along the right lines." He finished his scribbling and slid the note across the table to Niru. "Now as for the Brotherhood of the Sword I may not have explained myself as clearly as I should have. It's not something you would need to apply for membership of, its more of a.....sporting organisation......than an international organisation. Any practioner of sword based martial arts can become a member and take part in its activities. But I think there is something we can do to establish an exchange regardless of the Brotherhood, you see an old Chief Councillor of mine called Tim Carpenter had a belief that it would be the youth of East Moreland that would lead the way out of our isolation. He persuaded me to establish the More and Mundus Programme, it set up school exchanges across Mundus for East Moreland students, we've currently agreements in place with about eight nations. That is maybe a route to go down."

Quote from: The Note

We agree that.

1. Embassies be established in capitals. Ambassadors to make themselves avaliable at 24 hours written notice.

2. The nations shall gradually reduce tariffs so by 2025 trade between nations is tariff free.

3. The nations agree that 50 students aged between 14-18 will undertake an annual exchange to experience the culture of the other.

4. An exchange between the Royal Swordsmiths of East Moreland and the Imperium's monastries shall be established.

"I think that covers everything we've discussed so far. But feel free to add anything, change things around or even cross out things." David placed the Princess pen on the pad and blushed once more.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Niru had to stifle a laugh, it was just the dichotomy of seeing David, a very masculine looking figure with such a girlie pen. It took her quite a long time before she realized that she was a parent now too. She was still getting use to the fact that she had an adoptive daughter. But Quin was a teenager, and while she had her own set of problems, being into princesses and the color pink was not part of them. "An education exchange sounds wonderful." She looked over the agree, nodding her head to each point. "It all looks good to me, and I believe we've covered everything I can think of. Are they any linger ideas of your own?"

"Perhaps this time it is the nation of tea drinkers what are about to undergo a period of many changes." He smiled and nodded at Quinn. "It's funny how time seems to play jokes with the past. Sometimes I think everything is just a repeat of what has come before, with a couple of details mixed around so we don't become to aware. It sounds as though those changes were not just national, but rather for you. How long ago was this meeting?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 10:56:39 PM »
"I think we have the basics of our first treaty between us, perhaps the first of many" David said as he picked up the notepad and pen while make small talk and enjoying the company of his host. Soon he had finished and in handwriting much neater than his first efforts he placed a carefully removed piece of paper on the table.

Quote from: Treaty of Friendship Between the Orphela Imperium and the Kingdom of East Moreland

Be it enacted on the 29th May 2019 the nations of the Orphela Imperium and the Kingdom of East Moreland have sealed this Treaty  between them and shall henceforth consider each other as friends. Each party agrees to honour the agreements until such a time as a further treaty replaces them or one side offers written notice of withdrawal.

The nations hereby agree to the following.

1. Both nations shall place an embassy in the capital of the other. This embassy shall be afforded all the rights and priviledges usually associated with the practice under international law.

2. Each nations Head of State shall appoint a suitably qualified ambassador to represent them. This ambassador shall when given 24 hours written notice present themselves before the host nations Head of State.

3. Trade between the two nations shall eventually be free from Tariffs. Both nations Ministers with responsibility for trade are to determine the schedule but all tariffs should be removed by the 29th May 2025.

4. Each year 50 youngsters aged between 14-18 shall take part in a school exchange. It is expected that the host nation shall provide a suitable host family as well as a programme that allows the visitor to experience the cultural life of the host.

5. Each year the Imperium may send one individual under the age of 21 to be an apprentice of the Royal Blacksmith at Ostlake. This appreticeship shall last six months. 

6. Each year East Moreland may send one individual under the age of 21 to be educated by the Imperiums Monastries. This education shall last six months.

7. Should any nation wish to withdraw from this treaty they may do so giving 30 days notice.

8. Additions and amendment may be made to this Treaty with the approval of both Heads of State in writing.

Signed ____________________________on behalf of the Orphela Imperium
Signed King David III on behalf of the Kingdom of East Moreland

"Now, I must give you one last piece of crucial information" David had a devlish grin. "It is kind of a tradition that the hosts of any treaty signing keep the pen......sadly on this occasion I must disappoint otherwise my daughter would be rather annoyed......and ill equipped for school and that just won't do." He placed the Princess pen back down one more time. "Although their is a tradition back home too that we toast a Treaty with a toast." David took a small metal hip flask from his pocket. "What is your stance on good Seaforthian whiskey" he asked as he removed to top and held it ready to pour each of them a drop to toast their success.

"The East Moreland and Rokkenjiman meet.....when was that now?" Will asked in response to the question, he wasn't fully sure now he came to think of it.

"Six....five....six maybe" Quinn likewise couldn't remember exactly. "All I know was it became fashionable to buy rubbish anime and drink Green Tea for a while." She shrugged. "It seems like a lifetime" Quinn cast her mind back, "The nation was rather excited, a new friend, a new culture, a nation we'd read hell of a lot about but didn't really know. I wasn't even anywhere near being a member of a Royal Household then, I was teaching three year olds how to not wet their pants. Soon after the world changed King David's cousin tried killing him, succeeded in making everyone think he was dead and that cued probably the strangest civil war ever known that lasted about three days. Very little actual fighting and essentially a gang of criminals and terrorists against every Morelander with a weapon and as a nation that loooves a sword that was essentially everyone. Did manage to get this though." she tapped her own sword scabbard against the metallic blade of her prosthetic leg. "It had been years since I'd seen military service, but like every Morelander I knew how to fire a gun and well we had to do something." she'd actually enjoyed the adventure of being a rebel leader, right up to the point she'd been hit by a flying piece of concrete that all but took her leg off there and then.

"Yeah, bad times" Will said, he'd been with the King when the Borlanders had shot down the royal plane. "In the past though" he said confidently. "I mean no ones tried killing us in.....well at least a month." Quinn and Will chuckled. "Look international stuffs never usually exciting. I suspect our King and your governess are sat their talking about what the tariffs on imports of tea should be when they arrive at East Moreland if you lower tariffs on steel or something." Despite having been in numerous trade meetings in his life Will found it all boring, "Oh and he'll get some school exchange in.......King David just can't resist sending Morelanders off to foreign schools for a few weeks. You reckon your kids will go for it?"

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 08:10:49 AM »
Niru blushed, glad that her first state visit had been with David, the tradition of exchanging pens was news to her. So was the toast, although that one made sense given her understanding the culture around the world. "If I'm honest I don't have one. Imports on some like alcohol aren't very common. I'd be eager to try some though. She signed the treaty and passed her pen towards to King. "There's no need to worry about the pen, I'm sure the Princess has far more need of it than I. Although maybe one day there will come a time where I'll have to call on her for a pen." Niru smiled on the thought. Personal debts were extremely important in Nitehymn culture, not necessarily in that they needed to be paid, but for the bonds they created between people.

The Governess switched gears, "so this toast, yes? To a lasting and long lived friendship?" Internally she was bracing herself, she wasn't much of an avid drinker. Although back in the day, before her father's death, she had lived a much different life. Today, she would rarely drink, if ever.

"I'm sure many would jump on the chance. To visit leave Orphela is quite rare, although in the coming years it may be far more common. I'm sure any student would be very enthusiastic about getting to see a foreign land. I guess this is all very routine for the both of you. It's strange, to think in five, maybe six years, Orphela could very well be in a similar position to East Moreland."

Spoiler: Treaty • show
Be it enacted on the 29th May 2019 the nations of the Orphela Imperium and the Kingdom of East Moreland have sealed this Treaty  between them and shall henceforth consider each other as friends. Each party agrees to honour the agreements until such a time as a further treaty replaces them or one side offers written notice of withdrawal.

The nations hereby agree to the following.

1. Both nations shall place an embassy in the capital of the other. This embassy shall be afforded all the rights and priviledges usually associated with the practice under international law.

2. Each nations Head of State shall appoint a suitably qualified ambassador to represent them. This ambassador shall when given 24 hours written notice present themselves before the host nations Head of State.

3. Trade between the two nations shall eventually be free from Tariffs. Both nations Ministers with responsibility for trade are to determine the schedule but all tariffs should be removed by the 29th May 2025.

4. Each year 50 youngsters aged between 14-18 shall take part in a school exchange. It is expected that the host nation shall provide a suitable host family as well as a programme that allows the visitor to experience the cultural life of the host.

5. Each year the Imperium may send one individual under the age of 21 to be an apprentice of the Royal Blacksmith at Ostlake. This appreticeship shall last six months. 

6. Each year East Moreland may send one individual under the age of 21 to be educated by the Imperiums Monastries. This education shall last six months.

7. Should any nation wish to withdraw from this treaty they may do so giving 30 days notice.

8. Additions and amendment may be made to this Treaty with the approval of both Heads of State in writing.

Signed Governess Niru on behalf of the Orphela Imperium
Signed King David III on behalf of the Kingdom of East Moreland

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 04:14:29 PM »
David slid the pen back into his pocket being sure to remember to put in back in his daughters pencil case when he got home. He tipped some of the whisky into two glasses and raised his as Niru offered the toast. "May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace" he offered a blessing of his own as he took a sip of the warming liquor. "Now in terms of official business I've one thing left." He'd brought it with him just in case things had gone according to plan. "In July we have our nations annual Festival of Sail, a celebration of all things nautical. Its a chance for nations to get together, have some fun in Portworth and companies show off their latest innovations. Its become rather a social gathering with my sister actually getting married there two years ago, and well last year it became a bit of a mess when the leader of Cabbagelandiets' wife dropped dead with a heart attack, but generally its a good occasion to be part of and for you more importantly meet a large group of foreign leaders at once. Plus I would like to return your hospitality. So this is an invite for yourself, any vessels you wish to bring and your citizens." He handed over a creamy wax sealed envelope.