« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:49:26 PM by Nova »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Regional Synchronisation Board of Elysium — Meeting #2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
Since the previous meeting, things changed a lot from Djerb’s perspective. The Conglomerate was seen as a partner that can be trusted to deliver what they promised and Elysium was proof of that. But furthermore Djerb was now cooperating with the Conglomerate on other aspects like acquiring failing businesses in other countries in order for Djerb to acquire the patents in the hope that it will help the Tamoran economy which lagging behind in many areas. But more importantly, at the Elysium Economic Forum the Conglomerate finalized the deal to acquire fighters from Tamora. That meant that the Conglomerate bought good will with Tamora and especially with the Kadyrov family.

So now Djerb decided to leave the Elysium daily operation to the federated kingdom of Attica so the two members of the delegation were:

Rita Sargsyan, the CEO of a local Attican bank and a loyal supporter of the Queen of the federated Kingdom of Attica.  She was to be in charge of the Tamoran delegation just as she was in the previous meeting.

Zara, the personal assistant of Musaevna Kadyrov and her right hand. She was there to represent Tamoran business interests since more and more Tamoran businesses started opening subsidiaries in Elysium and many more we looking to expand.

Djeb no longer felt the need to handpick a representative like in the previous meeting so the former colonel that attended the previous meeting had been replaced by Zara.

Elysium, Headson Offices

The two Tamoran women had arrived just a couple of minutes before the meeting was scheduled to start. While the two had not previously met, there seemed no tension between them unlike the previous meeting where the two members of the Tamoran delegation were often not on the same page but did their best to hide it.

“Yes, please do” Rita confirmed with Zara then quickly signaling her approval.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 06:21:46 PM »
Rita felt the change of attitude coming from the Conglomerate. She perceived them as much more cooperative rather than just dictating things and act as if the Tamoran delegation was a nuisance. Also the pace of discussion no longer felt like a sprint and there was actually time for pleasantries. That allowed Rita to relax.

As Maxime mentioned the former member of the Tamoran delegation, Rita realized that she didn’t actually formally introduce Zara to the Conglomerate representatives. She was used to the very fast way of doing meetings and didn’t think the TC members would care.

“It does, thank you for your understanding” said Rita referring to the issue about on which side the traffic will be.

“I also realize I haven’t introduced Zara. She will be replacing Mr. Iravani who is now in charge of other affairs in Djerb. Zara is very familiar with the business environment in Djerb and has great expertise in that regard”. Rita hoped that by her introduction she managed to conceal the fact that Rita, as an ex-slave, didn’t have a family name. She quickly continued:

“Let me also provide you with a status update. We have finished all expropriations in designated area for Elysium and now all assigned land in the contract is available to be used by the Conglomerate. “

Zara sensed Rita’s predicament and awkwardness; she knew that in Attica people were less familiar with slavery. She didn’t mind however and address the Conglomerate representatives:

“For my part I would like to inform the Conglomerate that Djerb has approved for Elysium to be a part of the MidAranye corridor which was announced at the Elysium Economic Forum. Unfortunately, the civil war in Clysperis makes it unlikely that we will be able to connect Elysium to the Gulf of Safren, at least in the short and medium term,  but we are already working on connecting Elysium to the most Northern part of Tamora, Pramoria and Royal Seleucid. This corridor will also link the Midaranye Free Trade Zone in Royal Seleucid. So I believe there is every reason to expect cargo traffic in Elysium to increase in the medium and long term. “

After Zara was done, she motioned for the Conglomerate delegation to resume or ask question if they had any.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
“The kingdom of Attica has the extra capacity to supply energy for Elysium and you have our support on the matter. I assume the fact that most of the energy production is coming from fossil fuels will not be a problem for the Conglomerate”. Rita knew that some foreigners were very sensitive about fossil fuels so she figured it was best if she brought it up now rather than be a problem later down the road.

She then proceeded bring another issue into discussion.

“I have also been informed that the Manist Church has picked a location for the future temple. Please allow me to rely the exact coordinates of the site” as she said she open the tablet and shared the location.

“I have been informed that the temple is still in the design phase and it will take some time until the construction will start so no funding will be expected from the Conglomerate yet.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Both Rita and Zara were surprised by the proposals put forward by Maxime Anginer but where pleased with the idea.

“I will be delighted” said Rita already thinking how this proposal would help her career and position in Attica’s business environment.

“As would I “ said Zara adding” I would need to first get approval of Kadyrov Industries, of course”. By that she meant Musaevna Kadyrov approval but she believed it would not be something she would object to.