Author Topic: Asking a favor( Lakhzovia & Tamora)  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Asking a favor( Lakhzovia & Tamora)
« on: December 17, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »

To my Esteemed Counterpart,

I have asked our friends in the Emirate of Royal Seleucid to relate this message to your office. The state of affairs between our two countries, which no longer share an embassy, has forced us to resort to this approach.

I would first like to take this opportunity to express the gratitude of the Tamoran Empire regarding the manner with which the Republic  Lakhzovia have treated the anti Manist attacks in your Republic. We understand that without the protection of the authorities the situation could have escalated resulting in more harm for the tiny Tamoran diaspora residing in your country.

Secondly, I would like to reiterate that the Empire of Tamora remains committed to preserving its traditional institutions which date back to the founding of the nation and that will not change regardless the opinion of the government of the Republic of Lakhzovia or any other government for that matter. We believe that any dialogue between us and our counterparts must be based on this fact.

Thirdly, I would like to request your help regarding a matter of national security for Tamora. I have attached the details in Annex 1. The Tamoran Empire will remain grateful should the Republic of Lakhzovia help us on this matter.

I firmly believe that this is an opportunity for both our countries to move forward to towards better relations.

Respectfully yours,
Alya Safavid
Head of Foreign Affairs 

OOC: the details of the request will be given via Discord.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: Asking a favor( Lakhzovia & Tamora)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 01:45:13 PM »
Alya Safavid

The Minister of Foreign Affairs has requested that I establish contact in order to establish a back-channel with you. As you note the lack of formal diplomatic relations makes it somewhat difficult for our nations to engage publicly.

We thank you for your words of appreciation regarding our protection of the Manist community in our country. Lakhzovia is a nation that prides itself on protecting the innocent against abuses.

We are aware of the central importance of tradition to your state, even if we find the institutional expression of that tradition to be morally reprehensible. It is not our desire or intention to enforce our principles on others and to that end our opinion of Tamoran practices are moot.

What we do take issue with is the attempts of Tamora to extend its influence across the continent of Cotf Aranye and beyond. We are wary of attempts to establish hubs of soft and hard power outside of Midarayne, with our recent intelligence suggesting that moves are being made towards gaining influence in Jugland, a nation that sits too close to our border for comfort.

We appreciate Tamora's desire to keep extra-regional forces out of Midaranye, we are similarly concerned about ensuring the same in the Cotf Peninsula and Peniche.

While we may be inclined to offer assistance on the basis of the annex you provided to us, it would be predicated on an acceptance by Tamora to maintain the back-channel with an aim of establishing an undertaking for both our nations to cease attempts at subverting each other's regional interests.

Sincerely

Director Ilon Murad
Lakhzov Extra-National Security Agency (LENSA)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Asking a favor( Lakhzovia & Tamora)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 11:10:49 PM »
TO: Director Ilon Murad

The Empire of Tamora seeks to provide security and stability to other parts of Mundus in general and Colf Aranye in particular. That is the reason for seeking friendly relations with nations or hubs of soft power and hard power as you called it.

We appreciate the support for Tamora’s position that extra regional forces should be kept out of MidAranye and we in return agree with the same position for Cotf Peninsula and Peniche since we are certain that the Lakhzovian Republic is both able and willing to ensure the security and stability of the said region.

In regards to Jugland, we assure the Lakhzovian Republic that our activities there are not contrary to the security of the Republic and we agree to the proposition of maintaining a back-channel where we can communicate in the future regarding the situation in Jugland or other matters if need be.

We thank the Lakhzovian Republic for the aid provided and we will seek to work towards building the necessary trust and understanding which will lead to both our nations focusing their efforts outside the vital interest zones mentioned above.

Respectfully yours,
Alya Safavid
Head of Foreign Affairs