Author Topic: Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press  (Read 38352 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:12:46 AM »

Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press

Tomeka Araya, Imperial Media Liaison

Greetings and welcome to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press or, for short, the Imperial Press Office.

All inquiries for members of the Imperial Government shall be welcomed and, from time to time, the opinions and statements of government members will be released here for dissemination to the international press.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »
Pyrena Castle
Office of the Imperial Media Liaison

For Immediate Release
September 2, 2017

Statement From Empress Evanthe On Lakhzovia

It is highly concerning to me that Maj.-Gen Haleva believes that Rokkenjima, a treatied ally of Lakhzovia, has been working to undermine the Lakhzov State. These statements could not be further from the truth, as Rokkenjima has stated its position clearly before the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation. This is a position which I have further made clear, at great length, in my Statements on the brewing crisis in Lakhzovia. At present, and at no time in the past, has the First Empire conducted operations geared toward supporting an 'infrastructure of opposition' towards the rightful government of Lakhzovia. Indeed, the First Empire has endeavoured to see faith restored in the Lakhzov Government following the Election Crisis, offering a hand of partnership to our Lakhzov friends and allies.

In the international arena Rokkenjima has made clear that the Utman Crisis is one which must be resolved with a strong voice representing Lakhzovia. As a matter of the internal stability of Lakhzovia, I have made our support clear. However, with the lack of meaningful developments in the joint crises in Lakhzovia I have also made clear that our patience is not infinite. If we are to be of assistance to our allies we must see progress, initiative and dedication towards a resolution on their part.

The recent test of a Mk II thermobaric warhead is a routine test of the thermobaric arsenal to ensure the continued potency and operational state of the arsenal. I have spoken with Marshal Admiral Cole regarding statements he made in apparent connection to Lakhzovia and it is our mutual understanding that such statements do not serve the best interests of our mutual concerns.

Rokkenjima will continue to offer its support to our Lakhzov allies, however, we must see greater action and determination from Nakim if we should hope to see these crises brought to resolution. One cannot assist another who is unwilling to heed the advice of their allies or, worse, look for enemies amongst their allies. The disconnect between Pyrettania and Nakim must be bridged, lest an outcome all of us wish to prevent is realized before our eyes. I remain faithful that my words shall not be wasted breath, and that our friends in Nakim will address with haste and wisdom the challenges which stand before us.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:41:36 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
October 23, 2017

Subsidiary Diplomatic Offices

As announced by Her Imperial Majesty, the Empress Evanthe, the Imperial Diplomatic Corps is seeking a location in Albion for a subsidiary Office of Albion Affairs. This location will serve as a hub for Rokkenjiman diplomatic efforts and engagement with the nations of Albion while providing a host of embassy services to Rokkenjiman and Cross-Straits citizens. Suitable locations include those with well developed utility services, including high-speed Internet and telecommunications infrastructure, with an international airport within a forty-five minute drive of the location. The Subsidiary Office will also look to the local populace for certain staffing needs and will establish contracts with local businesses for the provision of services required by/at the Office. The IDC will consider all proposals put forth and looks to build a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship with our host nation.

Furthermore, the IDC is seeking a location in Ardia for a Subsidiary Office of Ardian Affairs. Due to the vast nature of Ardia the IDC has deemed it in the interests of efficiency that a Satellite Office be established elsewhere in Ardia. Suitable locations include those with well developed utility services, including high-speed Internet and telecommunications infrastructure, with an international airport within a forty-five minute drive of the location. The Subsidiary Office will also look to the local populace for certain staffing needs and will establish contracts with local businesses for the provision of services required by/at the Office. The IDC ideally desires a location in Western Ardia, however, all proposals put forth will be considered.

Proposals may be forwarded to the Imperial Diplomatic Corps for review along with any inquires interested parties may have.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 08:26:54 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
November 3, 2017

Statement From Empress Evanthe On The Pyrettania-Nakim Accord

While the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord has certainly faced several challenges in recent history thus far we have seen neither the First Empire nor the Lakhzov Republic rescind the Accord. This gives me hope that, together, we may work to rebuild relations between our nations while working together with concerned international parties to bring the crisis in Lakhzovia to a peaceful and lasting resolution.

We have seen certain states threaten the Lakhzov Republic, such as Arstotzka, with unilateral military action. This is a development which the First Empire views with great dismay and disappointment, as well as one which threatens ongoing efforts to diffuse the situation within Lakhzovia.

I strongly encourage our Arstotzkan partners and allies to disavow any intention or policy which would see Arstotzka commit to unilateral military actions against Lakhzovia, as such a development would bring Rokkenjima into a position where it would be bound to honour the Defence clauses of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord in all but very few circumstances. Arstotzkan threats against the Lakhzov Republic introduce an unnecessary element of instability in an already inherently unstable situation and increase the risks for miscalculation.

If Arstotzka wishes to be a partner in a lasting solution I guide them to the ongoing efforts of the international community, which Lakhzovia is engaged with at present, as the best path forward to resolving the crisis in Lakhzovia and ensuring lasting stability throughout Cotf Aranye.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:35:09 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
February 16, 2018

Statement From Empress Evanthe On Bene Gesserit

Following a closed session of the Imperial Council it has been determined that the Bene Gesserit faith does indeed meet the merits for official recognition by the Imperial Government. This is a status which is extended to a plethora of faiths and allows the Bene Gesserit to rightly exercise the rights and protections afforded to recognized religions throughout the First Empire. I am confident that the responsibilities which come with this extension of recognition will be adhered to and welcome Bene Gesserit faithful to reside within Rokkenjima and pursue a life free of religious persecution. This extension of official recognition follows similar moves in the Eccleastical State, Achkaerin and Ui Cenneslaig.

While I understand the concerns presented by our Morelander allies we must recognize that the whole of the Bene Gesserit faith cannot, nor should they, be held responsible for the reprehensible actions of a few. Responding to terrorism with persecution and discrimination merely provides those who hold malice in their hearts valuable ammunition, furthering the cycle of radicalization which fuels terrorism. Much like the millions of peaceful adherents of faiths across Mundus it is my belief that the majority of Bene Gesserit faithful merely desire that which we all take for granted: to live in peace.

In times past the Rosari Faith was recognized as a 'force of insurgency which threatens the national unity of Rokkenjima', a position put forward by successive Republican administrations as they attempted the complete annihilation of Rokkenjima's native culture and traditions. Rosari Faithful ventured out from Rokkenjima finding refuge in nations such as Dartfordia, Seaforth and Elpidia, while many more remained in Rokkenjima and fought alongside the Free Rokkenjiman Army to bring Rokkenjima back under the control of her People. Just as foreign powers lent their aid to Rokkenjimans in their hour of need so too shall this First Empire open her doors to those fleeing persecution, pursuing the dream of freedom and a better life for themselves and their families.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
February 22, 2018

Statement Regarding Execution Of Warrants

The National Security Bureau, in conjunction with the Defense Intelligence Directorate, has executed a series of warrants targeting individuals who have acted against the interests of the Crown, the Rokkenjiman State, and its allies. These developments have resulted in the following actions undertaken with the full sanction of Chrysanthemum Throne:

Grand Marshal Guren Ichinose has been relieved of his duties pending trial for actions undertaken at Queen Adriana Military Base which delayed a response to suspected Borlander activities in the waters off Somerset, then Rishiri Island. Taking direct actions to obscure official records Ichinose willingly caused equipment at the base to be rendered temporarily disabled. These actions aided an enemy of the First Empire and her allies, for which Guren Ichiose and an additional four officers stationed at QAMB shall stand trial on the charges of treason. These actions shall be further prosecuted under the Terrorist Enterprises Act.

Lucinda Hadley, former High Commander of the Anauša, faces an international warrant for her arrest for the charges of treason, providing aid and comfort to an enemy of the First Empire and her allies, impersonating the Empress of Rokkenjima over a communications device, and for crimes against the Imperial Crown and People. Ms. Hadley knowingly engaged with the Borland Separatists, utilizing her surveillance mission in a plot to deal with the Borlanders. In exchange for the safe return of the Crown Princes Ms. Hadley offered a series of promises to the Separatists; this brings Ms. Hadley in violation of the Terrorist Enterprises Act.

Effective immediately Grand Marshal Henry Cole is hereby recognized as Acting Grand Marshal of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces.

In Pyrettania, seven members of the Imperial Guard were brought under military custody for charges ranging from their association with Mr. Ofdensen, collusion with Ms. Hadley as she operated without mandate and off mission. The sum result of the actions of these individuals placed the security of the First Empire at risk, threatened Rokkenjiman diplomatic and foreign interests, and denied the opportunity to remove a high profile target from the field. Justice shall be thorough and forceful as these investigations and cases continue.

Information and findings shall be presented to our allies as this process continues under a policy of full and complete disclosure. In cases where crimes may be applicable on foreign soil full access will be granted to those individuals as necessary.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 06:42:54 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
March 29, 2018

On Rokkenjiman Threats Abroad

Following a series of incidents in which Rokkenjiman nationals have been slain the Ministry for Foreign Affairs encourages increased vigilance by Rokkenjiman nationals living and visiting abroad. While no specific threat has been received Rokkenjiman intelligence has picked up upon increased chatter amongst Republican sympathizers indicating a level of organization not seen since the closing days of the Second Patriotic War. Following their defeat in Rokkenjima the Grand Republican Army conducted an escape operation through Toshindai, with Republican agents suspected of departing the Ardian Peninsula to establish 'cells' from which to conduct renewed aggression against the First Empire.

The Ministry for Foreign Affairs encourages increased vigilance for those living or visiting abroad. Report unusual activities or individuals to your local authorities. If it does not feel or seem normal it likely is not. Thus far the only connection between the victims of these incidents has been their Rokkenjiman nationality.

The First Empire will continue to work with its international partners and allies to ensure the safety of her People abroad.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
March 30, 2018

Assisting The Heyran People and State

Following discussions with the Imperial Council in regards to Rokkenjiman foreign aid for the 2018 fiscal year र2b ($3.7bn) has been set aside to assist in the recovery efforts presently underway in Heyra via the Developmental Grant Program (DGP). These funds shall be dispersed for further detox, mine-clearing and land-sweep operations throughout Heyra. The Grant was approved by Vicegerent Euphemia on behalf of Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice.

It is also the intent of Her Imperial Majesty to visit Heyra at her earliest convenience to discuss further ways in which the First Empire may be of assistance while strengthening the bilateral relationship between Rokkenjima and Heyra. A Treaty formalizing relations further between the two nations shall be a top goal of the visit to Heyra, while various other topics are expected to be upon the Empress' agenda. The Office of the Press will provide all relevant updates as the visit approaches.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
April 13, 2018

Charges Withdrawn Against Ms. Hadley

Having consulted the Deputy Crown Counsel all charges against Lucinda Hadley have been withdrawn and her name is henceforth cleared in the ongoing investigations into the misconduct of certain actors within the Imperial Government. With a lack of credible evidence the Office of the Attorney for the Crown  filed the necessary motions to withdraw the charges faced by Ms. Hadley, with Pyrena Castle voiding the international arrest warrant previously issued.

Cases against Guren Ichinose and several other targets in the ongoing investigation into crimes against the Imperial Crown and People continue.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:33:24 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
May 15, 2018

Release Of Empress Beatrice

Empress Beatrice Anselmo has successfully been released on parole from custody in Achkaerin, having served six weeks of her sentence. She shall be under a suspended ten-year custodial sentence, and offered a brief statement for release through this Office:

Throughout my life, and my tenure upon Chrysanthemum Throne, I have pursued the causes of international law, justice and order. In each and every action I have advocated personal and national responsibility, pursuits which are highlighted by my full cooperation with the warrant and subsequent proceedings in Achkaerin of my own volition. Regardless of any reason or intent behind my actions to not comply with the warrant issued by the Holy Empire would have been an abdication of personal responsibility and all that I have worked for, both at home and abroad.

As we move into a new chapter of Rokkenjiman history I look forward to re-engaging the international community with an open hand towards mutual objectives, making Mundus a safer place for all Nations and Peoples, and addressing those shortcomings, whether they be mine personally or of a more policy-oriented nature.

I shall be taking a few days to settle in at home, after which I shall review the policies and endeavours of Empress Emerita Evanthe and proceed accordingly from there. I can, however, confirm that the Imperial Government will be undergoing a series of changes to ensure the conditions which existed that allowed Offdensen to usurp legitimate control of the Imperial Government can never again exist. In two weeks the position of Lord High Steward will be abolished, with all powers and responsibilities being divided between the Vicegerent and the Premier of Rokkenjima, ensuring that the elected leader of the People has yet a greater voice in the conduct and affairs of the Imperial Government.

Likewise, in the near future, Rokkenjima shall see a new Vicegerent selected as Princes Euphemia has relayed her desires to resume service in the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force. A list of candidates is already before me for her successor, and it is a process which will ensure a steady hand shall always be at my side in the governance of this First Empire.

At present our nation faces the challenges in Lakhzovia, represented by the Hand of Emet and the Trinitron Attack, one which targeted Rokkenjima's diplomatic interests in Lakhzovia and the other which aimed itself at Rokkenjiman energy infrastructure and the public's trust in that very infrastructure. Working with our allies we will see that these threats against our nation are permanently and irreversibly dismantled piece-by-piece, with just retribution being delivered to those responsible.

I thank the Rokkenjiman People for their support and well-wishes during these times. Those darkest of chapters in our history are behind us, and our eyes shall remain focused ahead as we continue our work to build a better future for our People and our neighbours abroad. May Islyna's warmth touch all of your hearts and her wisdom guide us always on that path which is just and true.

Pyrena Castle remains focused on many developments around the world, with the Empress set to receive a full brief on the situation in Seaforth upon boarding the Austrana.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
May 27, 2018

Withdrawal From The Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between Rokkenjima, East Moreland and Seaforth (Amended: Dartfordia)

The First Empire of Rokkenjima hereby gives due notice that, as per Article X of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the Rokkenjima, East Moreland and Seaforth (Amended: Dartfordia) the First Empire no longer believes this Treaty serves the best interests of the Parties involved. It is the position of Her Imperial Majesty, the Empress Beatrice, that the Tripartite itself is obsolete and no longer serves a role in the modern era. With the open hostility and disrespect East Moreland has shown the First Empire and the Empress directly those bonds upon which the Tripartite was founded upon no longer exist. The First Empire has no need, nor want, for a reluctant ally which itself is incapable of processing new information and seeing beyond its own internal biases.

As the Treaty has been in force for more than ten years the First Empire hereby initiates the Termination Clause of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between Rokkenjima, East Moreland and Seaforth (Amended: Dartfordia). One year from this date, the Tripartite shall cease to exist.

In place of the Tripartite the First Empire shall pursue stronger bi-lateral relations with the Kingdom of Dartfordia and the newly reformed Seaforthian state as the basis for relations moving forward. Should Northfort return to its good senses Pyrettania maintains hope that reconciliation is possible and a resumption of the traditionally strong bonds between our nations may take place. However, until such a time, maintaining existing relations is no longer viable, nor desirable. This decision does not reflect upon the relationships enjoyed between the Rokkenjiman People and the Peoples of Dartfordia and Seaforth, which remain traditionally strong.

The First Empire views these developments as most unfortunate, however, duly necessary.

On behalf of Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice;

Tomeka Araya
Imperial Media Liaison

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 02:17:37 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
June 28, 2018

On The Tamoran Asylum Program

To ensure the security and continued harmony of the First Empire the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has announced that the Tamoran Asylum Program announced by Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice shall be conducted under the following guidelines:

• Tamorans escaping conditions of slavery or servitude shall be granted priority consideration in all cases. Documented proof of servitude may be presented at a Rokkenjiman embassy for these purposes.
  • Tamoran asylum seekers shall be subject to a full background check. In cases where information is not available, or it is purposely withheld, the Ministry must, in an abundance of caution, deny requests to preserve domestic peace and stability.
  • Given the thorough nature of these investigations the Ministry estimates that the asylum process may take six months in some cases before a decision is reached.
  • Tamoran asylum seekers shall be provided provisional housing units at Queen Katenka Naval Base pending a decision on their application.
  • Benefits accorded to Rokkenjiman citizens shall only be afforded to those Tamorans who complete the process to become nationalized citizens of the First Empire.
  • Recognizing the limited scope of this Program unexpected delays may arise, whether those be in Tamora or at QKNB, as well as depending upon the number of individuals who apply. This later aspect is why we encourage those who are not escaping conditions of slavery or servitude to pursue alternative emigration options.

The Tamoran Asylum Program is geared toward assisting those seeking escape from the practice of slavery and servitude implemented by the Tamoran Government. Those who are not escaping such conditions should pursue emigration options instead of asylum, as it is likely their applications will ultimately be denied.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
July 10, 2018

Tamoran Tariff Adjustments, July 2018

As a show of good faith and in commitment to pursuing the diplomatic process in regards to the issue of slavery in Tamora the Imperial Government hereby announces the following policies:

• Products which contain materials sourced from Tamora shall bear an 'Informed Consumer Choice' label stating that the product in question contains materials or components derived from slave labour. Under this labeling scheme the First Empire shall remove tariffs on domestic and foreign consumer goods which contain materials, resources or components sourced from Tamora.
  • Tariffs shall be levied upon Tamoran goods and resources at a new rate of 10%, with the potential for these tariffs to be abolished as the diplomatic process bears fruit.
  • Additional removals of tariffs imposed upon Tamora will be considered as the diplomatic process proceeds and yields fruit.
  • Inspections of Tamoran vessels will be suspended as Tamora has not exhibited, to presently available intelligence, an active engagement in the slave trade. Furthermore, due to the structure of slavery in Tamora, the First Empire does not see it as beneficial to potentially break apart families due to the execution of this policy.

It is the hopes of Her Imperial Majesty, the Empress Beatrice, that these measures will resolve Tamoran concerns as to the commitment of the First Empire in pursuing diplomatic measures as opposed to retaliatory measures upon the Tamoran economy. These adjustments should be viewed as a starting point, with further adjustments becoming possible as the diplomatic process proceeds between our two nations.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
July 11, 2018

On The Heyran Senate

Given the massive acts of terrorism which were unleashed by the Borland Separatists it perplexes the Imperial Government that the Heyran Senate would find condemning the First Empire was the most important agenda item of the day. We must show compassion and solidarity with the victims of these attacks while taking concrete actions to ensure the threat posed by the Separatists and other terrorist enterprises are permanently dismantled. The decision of the Senate to use this as an opportunity to issue a condemnation of the First Empire is most unfortunate. It is the hope of Her Imperial Majesty that the Heyran Senate will review its priorities in the future.

The First Empire never desired nuclear weapons, inheriting a large arsenal from the Federal Republic who we can assure the Senate had no lofty goals of securing peace and stability. As an illegitimate government the Federal Republic pursued whatever means it could to perpetuate its hold on power, nuclear weapons assuring its existence against foreign intervention. There shall be no reconsideration of the path to disarmament, nor a revocation of Rokkenjima's pledge as a nuclear-free power. Through a comprehensive non-proliferation agreement Rokkenjma, East Moreland and Achkaerin have an opportunity and responsibility to ensure these moves are not for naught as we move toward the realization of a nuclear-free Mundus.

Through fostering stronger diplomatic institutions and ensuring trade and commerce are not impeded the security and stability of Mundus can be better guarded than it ever could by nuclear arms. The Heyran Senate also ignores the potent thermobaric deterrence which ensures that those who seek to attack the First Empire or her allies would face a retaliation of great magnitude, at any time or place of our choosing.

With diplomatic talks proceeding between Empress Beatrice and President Blackwind it is our hopes that the Heyran Senate will not jeopardize the outcome of such discussions through reckless and irresponsible actions.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 01:09:05 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
July 28, 2018

On The Status Of Barnacle Island

By Imperial Decree of Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice the First Empire declares its recognition of Barnacle Island, also referred to as Nurashima, as an indivisible part of the Heyran Republic. As aid operations continue in response to the tsunami which impacted Barnacle Island Rokkenjima declares itself a partner to the Heyran Republic in the massive rebuilding operation which faces Barnacle, as well as the restoration of public utilities and services. This assistance shall continue until such a time it is no longer required by our Heyran partners.

While the question of sovereignty over Barnacle has been a prominent question, especially in recent times, the First Empire has long questioned the Himeyaman claim over Barnacle. In light of the decisive action of the Heyran Republic in response to the tsunami and the inability of the Himeyaman state to mount any effective response in kind, this belief is reaffirmed. As previously announced र2b ($3.7bn) has been set aside for immediate distribution to the Heyran Republic towards the relief and reconstruction efforts presently afoot upon Barnacle Island.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
August 6, 2018

Referendum Regarding Barnacle/Nurashima

During a productive meeting in the Kingdom of Dartfordia Her Imperial Majesty has aligned Rokkenjima's policy on the status of Barnacle Island with that of our Dartfordian allies. Recognizing the bond shared between the First Empire and the Heyran Republic the Empress will endeavour to work with the Heyran Republic on working with the international community in moving toward a referendum following a conclusion of relief efforts and a return to normalcy upon the Islands. As we understand the concerns of the Heyran Republic so too do we understand the concerns of the international community. Bringing the Heyran Republic to a position where it shall cooperate with the international community is in the best interests of all parties involved.

The First Empire and the Kingdom will continue to work together in pursuing a more common foreign and military policy, a state of affairs which has fallen aside following the dissolution of the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
August 22, 2018

Statement From Empress Beatrice On Heyra

When the First Empire approached the Heyran Republic we originally believed that the Republic shared common views on several foreign policy issues, as well as holding values and principles in line with those held by the First Empire. While my visit with President Blackwind was pleasant enough later interactions have proven that my faith in the Republic was most misplaced. At a time where the People of Barnacle/Nurashima are recovering from a most vicious tsunami the Heyran Republic has seen fit to deploy combat forces to the Islands while increasing the risk for violent confrontation with the Himeyamans upon the Islands. While the move for talks in Bakkermaya are a step of reassurance, even those talks are flawed in the complete absence of those Peoples who desire a path free from both Heyra and Himeyama.

We have seen before the spirit of the Heyran administration, we've great experience with their kind, as they are cut of the same cloth as those Republicans who imposed their will upon the People of Rokkenjima and sold off anything of value which they could for the better part of the last century. To believe that any other resolution was possible was naive of me, and I should have realized that fact the moment President Blackwind, of his own volition and in support of the principle of self-determination, was either incapable or unwilling to commit to a referendum for the People of Barnacle/Nurashima. Instead of supporting the common front presented by our traditional allies and partners I placed my faith in the Republic to adhere to values greater than its owns self-interests and the results were as disappointing as one could imagine.

It is impossible to betray an alliance which never existed, especially one for which shutting one's ears to the interests of a People is the cost of its existence. The First Empire should have placed its faith in the positions of the Holy Empire and the Kingdom of Dartfordia, two nations with which we actually hold long-standing ties of trust and partnership over the expansionist ambitions of the Heyran Republic. This error shall not be repeated as we move toward a closer and more common foreign policy approach with these allies.

If the Republic were confident in its claims over Barnacle/Nurashima a referendum would be no great challenge, nor would it be feared as such by the Republic. Furthermore, an entity which is wholly too eager to be reliant upon the donations, funds and armaments of foreign powers is one which cannot long stand on its own, if it may stand as such in the first place. Such an entity is incapable of the level of partnership the First Empire enjoys with its traditional allies, and it is a blessing of the All-Mother that we shall not bind our brave women and men in the defense of such a fickle power. A nation which does not share our values and principles, nor the defense of those in determining their own future, is a nation we cannot hope to ever find common ground with.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 07:13:19 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
August 28, 2018

Dismissal Of The Imperial Council; Appointments

By Imperial Decree of Her Imperial Majesty The Empress Beatrice, with the approval and support of the House of Councillors, the Imperial Council is hereby dissolved. Following a review by Chrysanthemum Throne and the Office of the Vicegerent a new and reformed Council shall be instituted.

Recognizing his long service to the First Empire Grand Marshal Henry Cole, upon his retirement, shall be appointed Head of the Imperial Household Ministry. Upon his retirement, Commodore Alex Rowe shall succeed him as Grand Marshal of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces and Marshal Admiral of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy.

Grand Marshal Cole shall also be named 'Duke of Pyrettania' in recognition of his service to the First Empire, upon the effective date of his retirement.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 01:41:31 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
August 29, 2018

Motions of the Throne

Her Imperial Majesty the Empress has put forth a series of Motions following the release of the annual Imperial Decree:

• A Centre of Excellence shall be established as an annex of Azukishima Imperial University, Pyrettania. This shall include the re-purposing of facilities already existing at the University to bring this Centre online in as swift and efficient a manner as possible.
  • Imperial High Command shall work in conjunction with command at QAMB to reduce the naval presence stationed at QAMB to those levels fitting with a mission profile of humanitarian aid. Any resultant reductions are to be presented to East Moreland and Seaforth, finalized, and put into action no later than six months upon approval and finalization.
  • Forty five teachers are to be provisioned to the Refugee University Programme in addition to those resources provided by Rokkenjiman educational institutions free of charge. Previous interest from IUA to engage this initiative in a more direct capacity remains strong, as does industry support for providing infrastructure, bandwidth and cloud computing resources.
  • The Imperial Treasury shall allocate funding to ensure the financial needs of the RUP are fully met for the next three years, while making available no less than fifty percent of funding for the three years following that period.
  • Work shall commence with the Vicegerent on directing resources toward common efforts and international institutions while ensuring the Social Interest Service works in conjunction with established institutions, building a platform of interoperability which does not distract from or dilute established institutions. Should concerns arise during this process any developments toward the SIS shall instead be presented to established institutions for incorporation into their ongoing efforts.
  • The Imperial Treasury shall allocate funding in preparation for the Fair Water Initiative in the amount of र283.7m ($525m) to provide for the acquisition of resources, distribution of aid connected to the Initiative, the payment of those working in connection to the Initiative, and other financial obligations of the Initiative.

Following a session of consultation with the Vicegerent further actions may be announced.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:17 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
October 20, 2018

Travel Advisory Issued The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi

The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has issued a Travel Advisory cautioning against 'all unnecessary travel to the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi." The text of the Advisory may be found below:

Travel Advisory: Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby advises against all unnecessary travel to the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs remains concerned that foreign nationals, may not be afforded their rights under the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights if apprehended by Iwi authorities. The risk for inhumane treatment toward those accused of a crime cannot be set aside, hence enhanced precautions from the Ministry being deemed necessary.

Rokkenjiman and Cross-Straits nationals presently within the Commonwealth should monitor media reporting and ensure that comprehensive contingency plans are in place. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will coordinate efforts with fellow CSU member states to assist all Rokkenjiman and CSU nationals in their departure from the Commonwealth should the need arise.

Citizens of the First Empire may remain up-to-date on any developments by visiting mofa.go.rk and following the Active Travel Advisories link.

In additional measures the Imperial Treasury has revoked its approval of any potential arms sales to the Commonwealth and has instructed Abstergo Industries to withdraw their bid in the ongoing procurement process by the Commonwealth. Furthermore, due to deep seated concerns as to the application of human rights to those who stand accused of crimes in the Commonwealth the First Empire shall not honour extradition requests from the Commonwealth. While the First Empire respects the choice of those nations who employ the death penalty to govern their judicial affairs as they see fit it cannot condone acts which are beyond international norms and wholly disregards the human rights accorded to all Peoples, nor shall it be complicit in the application of such abominable means of execution. Individuals who stand accused of crimes against the Commonwealth will instead be held in Rokkenjiman custody until an international approach to these concerns takes form.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:43:11 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 04:42:28 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
October 26, 2018

Imperial Government Actions By Decree

During meetings with the Imperial Diet Her Imperial Majesty, the Empress Beatrice, has enacted measures via Imperial Decree in response to the situations in the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi, and the Empire of Tamora. These measures, agreed upon by Diet Leadership and the Empress, are announced as follows:

• With further review of the situation surrounding the Commonwealth, the Travel Advisory is hereby lifted. The situation will be continuously monitored to ensure the safety of Rokkenjiman and foreign nationals, and will be updated should conditions change.
  • The First Empire shall continue to refuse to extradite individuals facing capital crimes within the Commonwealth on moral grounds. While the First Empire disagrees with the manner and method employed by the Iwi, however, the First Empire shall not deny the right of the Iwi state to seek and enact justice.
  • The First Empire supports the proposal put forth by Lodjan Envoy to the Ardians for the Kingdom of East Moreland to have oversight of court cases tied to the genocide, thus being responsible for executions of those found guilty. The First Empire would willingly comply with any extradition requests put forth by the Government of East Moreland under such an arrangement.
  • The Imperial Treasury shall no longer clear transactions involving Tamoran slavery. While the actions of Mr. Bateson were based in good intent and humanitarian cause participation in the system by foreigners is one manner through which it is perpetuated.

The Empress presented further remarks once the session had concluded:

The actions the Diet Leadership and I have taken reflect the severity of the situation while maintaining a level-handed approach in our response. As members of a vast community of nations I grow concerned that a double standard is increasingly becoming apparent in the manner in which states apply their values, or the concern they claim to hold for them, depending upon who the party in question may be. We see terrorist attacks against Kaitaine go unanswered, yet when strikes impact any other state the condemnations crowd out any other headlines of the day. The Iwi may kidnap a man from sea, inject poison into his veins and the response is mute, yet if a state such as Kaitaine were to commit such acts the chorus of condemnations would be swift, forceful and unanimous.

Speaking of Kaitaine, as I speak Kaitaine continues to face the threat of terrorism without the attention nor the consideration of the international community at large. Despite the actions of the Bene Gesserit, perhaps amongst the most serious being the attempted theft of nuclear material from East Moreland, Seaforth sees fit to allow a school to be built for recognized terrorists, and not a single protest. Despite the Bene Gesserit forcing children into combat Seaforth considered this idea as sound, while the only response we see was a warning from East Moreland, but aside from that? Nothing. Not even a whisper was uttered by any other power.

Slavans of Tamoran descent face deplorable treatment and conditions only to be given the approval of the international community through their complicit silence and inaction. What if it were Slavans of Achkaerinese descent, Morelander descent, Cennselaig descent? Would the world be silent as their plight plays out? We all know the answer to that question, and it is yet one further failure of the international system as it presently stands. It says to all the Peoples of Mundus "We will act to protect you so long as your lives hold value to us."

The First Empire cannot abide this rotten system, nor the double standards which support it. We can reform the MCUR, we can make pledges to international treaties and organizations, but if we do not act and if we do not apply the same standards to all nations, it is all in vain.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 04:35:59 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
November 1, 2018

Statement From Empress Beatrice On Tamora And Slavery

While I never would have believed necessary that these topics be covered in 2018 there are powers amongst us who would rather act as agitators rather than solving the issues at hand. Dating back to the times of The Great Matriarch, Queen Adriana, the unified Rokkenjiman state has stood in opposition to slavery. Throughout every facet of our culture and faith is the underlying belief that all lives are worthy of respect, that freedom and dignity of self are imbued in each soul, and that no soul should deny another those inherent rights. Although it may seem like distant history Rokkenjima, joined by numerous nations acting in concert, imposed effective sanctions against Transvaal in response for their program of slavery. The Trade Empire embarked upon reform and eventually moved toward a position which (albeit temporary) the international community no longer held such ire for Transvaal.

As we saw following the imposing of sanctions by a growing number of powers, without due thought and consideration for their consequences, the impacts upon the Tamoran People as economic conditions worsened pushed yet more people into the bonds of servitude, empowered hard-liners and entrenched the Tamoran position against an international framework even more. Whereas the traditional tools available to the international community effected change in Transvaal they have proven ineffective and most harmful in the case of Tamora. Recognizing that a different approach is mandated, and to lessen the conditions which allow slavery to grow within the Tamoran Empire, the First Empire has reversed those policies which unduly impose hardship upon the citizens of Tamora by increasing their risk of becoming slaves due to policy decisions thousands of miles from their shores in some cases. If it is the intent of the international community to bring about an end to slavery, engaging in practices which places families and individuals in a position of becoming enslaved themselves tells us that the traditional toolset is useless in our approach to Tamora and indeed may prove more harmful than the intended good upon which they are based.

Those hoping to effect change must do so in a manner that does not worsen conditions for the Tamoran People, nor one which imposes slavery upon new people and/or their families. Not being so swift to recklessly impose sanctions which tear the lives of people asunder who have nothing to do with the actions which the sanctions are targeted at does not imply approval of the practice of slavery. One could indeed argue that, knowing the end result of sanctions is inevitably an increase in the Tamoran slave population as a direct result of such sanctions is an irresponsible and amoral response merely so a state may say they're doing something. Genuine effort toward tackling this great challenge comes not in the form of misguided punitive actions, but in effecting an environment through which change may actually transpire.

Let us be responsible and measured in our decisions, especially those which hold such far-reaching consequences.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 06:37:20 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
November 17, 2018

Statement Regarding Yanni Tawfeek And Seleucid Nationals

A private jet touched down at Sonne Airfield carrying five individuals, amongst them Lt.  Yanni Tawfeek, seeking asylum in the First Empire of Rokkenjima. In a note presented upon their arrival the individuals cited concerns that "being sent to the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi, where our flight originated, would see us executed following an unfair trial." As per established policy of the Refugee and Migrant Bureau of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs applications for asylum must be processed upon request, however, due to the accusations against the applicants a 'due diligence' investigation has been launched alongside the asylum process. Further updates on the results of this investigation, being spearheaded by the Office of the Vicegerent, shall be released and any questions related to the investigation may be forwarded to his Office.

The First Empire, unfortunately, shall not relinquish custody of Lt. Yanni Tawfeek or any other Seleucid national to the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi as, per Imperial Decree, extradition requests shall not be honoured as there exists grave concerns regarding the rights of those accused of a crime under Iwi law. Furthermore, the systemic racism cited by the individuals in their request for asylum toward the Seleucid living in the Commonwealth are matters which could not be ignored. For these reasons Lt. Yanni Tawfeek, and those Seleucid nationals with whom he arrived, shall remain in Rokkenjiman custody pending the results of the investigation led by the Vicegerent.

Should there be sufficient evidence of crimes committed by these individuals the First Empire shall work within the internationally established and recognized justice system while maintaining a willingness to work with compromises as set forth by King David of East Moreland. Pyrena Castle will reach out to partners such as the Kingdom of Seaforth to explore these avenues as the investigation moves forward, including a proposal to separate the International Court of Justice from the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation and see it established as a non-partisan, independent institution capable of operating on behalf of all nations whilst not being tied to a parent institution.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 07:20:40 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
November 20, 2018

Patricius Bateson In Custody

Mr. Patricius Bateson, following the issuance of charges stemming from his involvement with the Karapetyan Family, has voluntarily rendered himself to the custody of Pyrettania Metropolitan Police. It is the understanding of the Imperial Government that Mr. Bateson shall cooperate fully and understands that while his actions stemmed from a moral will to effect good, it places him in a legally questionable position.

The Holy Empire should naturally expect any support or assistance the First Empire may provide as the situation develops.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 09:50:00 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
December 19, 2018

On The FMN Leak

The First Empire rejects the validity of the accusations made in a recent leak to the Free Mundus Network for the fabrications that they are.

Rokkenjiman operations to monitor the Grand Republican Army utilize a variety of methods, none of which involve East Moreland, or monitoring sources in East Moreland. As the terms of the Tripartite are still in effect until the close of the year these facts could have been addressed utilizing the channels provided therein.

Once an investigation has concluded into the deaths of Rokkenjiman nationals abroad the First Empire shall present its findings and ensure anyone with a role in these acts are brought to justice.

That is all.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
January 24, 2019

Midaranye and Kyne Concerns

As per the orders of Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Beatrice the State of Alert at Queen Katenka Naval Base has been increased following continued destabilisation in Midaranye and, by extension, the broader Sea of Kyne.

In order to ensure the readiness of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces leave has been cancelled for the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy and Air Force, whilst the Empress is calling upon the Imperial Rokkenjiman Army to ready itself for deployments should the situation deteriorate further.

In addition the Strategic Rocket Corps has been placed on standby, with any action of the SRC being relayed to allies, partners and states in the region prior to action to ensure our intentions are not misinterpreted. The Empress will keep the People up to date as these volatile situations continue to develop.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
January 25, 2019

Statement From The Empress To President Kravec

With concerns in Midaranye increasingly worrisome in recent days, not to mention those tensions between Rokkenjima and Slava Lavosk which have brought us to the brink of open hostilities, I am reminded of the lessons I learned from those who came before me. In such times one can accomplish much more in denying the path to conflict. In past statements I informed President Kravec that maximum pressure would be brought to bear upon Slava Lavosk if it elected to persist upon its present path. As per those statements the resources and assets of the First Empire have been made ready should the hour arrive that action is demanded to ensure a further loss of life within Slava Lavosk is prevented.

In order to prevent a further escalation, to cease our mutual walk down this most perilous path, I would be willing to meet with President Kravec on a date and time of his choosing in a venue he would feel most comfortable. As of now I am incapable of understanding why a young girl being put through such brutality serves some higher purpose, nor do I have a deep understanding of Slava Lavosk beyond its history with the Soviet powers of old.

President Kravec, let us exchange words. Should you accept this offer I shall ensure that Rokkenjiman vessels are pulled back from the vicinity of the Gulf. Even those words most unpleasant, some of which I assume we may exchange, do not result in deaths nor the destruction wrought by explosions. It is clear we are both resolute in our positions and ready to act, and should that hour come this First Empire will meet that responsibility. As life is irreplaceable, let us move to see not another drop of blood be shed while we still hold that opportunity.

I shall await your answer.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
January 30, 2019

Statement From The Empress To President Kravec

As originally offered Rokkenjiman vessels shall be pulled back from the Gulf, whilst those deployed in support of Morelander operations will hold their present positions. These are operations you have stated your strong support for. I will not allow for developments between Slava Lavosk and Tamora to distract them from that purpose.

Furthermore, those missile assets readied shall stand down as to allow for discussions to proceed. They will not be activated so long as provocations do not take place between our nations.

As stated those forces positioned in support of Morelander operations shall not act in a manner to jeopardize those operations. Furthermore, should we host such talks, Rokkenjiman forces would not act in a manner which would place me in an untenable position.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
February 6, 2019

Statement On Conflict In Midaranye

The execution of Dilara Highaghi, combined with the tens of thousands of Slavan Tamorans being held throughout internment camps within Slava Lavosk continues to be a matter of grave concern. Rightfully, when one of your People is subjected to such barbaric treatment one can understand that a nation would respond with anger. As leaders it is our most solemn duty to ensure the safety and security of our Peoples no matter where they may be throughout Mundus, and I reflect upon the time when in Transvaal 15 Rokkenjiman nationals were held on false charges, some of them faced execution and only five returned home.

In those times I approached the international system in place and, through that course of action, five Rokkenjimans returned home from their unjust imprisonment in Transvaal. Obviously, and most unfortunately, that is not the case with Dilara Highaghi, and no actions may bring her back. I certainly recognize the stakes are undoubtedly high with tens of thousands still in camps throughout Slava Lavosk, and that there is justified anger within Tamora. Having spoken with the Emperor in the past I would most certainly implore him to not perpetuate a vicious cycle of violence and retaliation, as yet more blood would be spilled and countless innocent lives lost in the carnage of conflict.

There are many avenues and methods available in response to this situation, many of which should be employed before undertaking the march to war which is so often difficult to reverse once undertaken. While the First Empire understands your anger, we cannot condone a campaign which would see hundreds of thousands, if not millions more, brought into danger by what would be a most vicious conflict on any measure. Most in the world are expecting such a conflict, show them that the Tamoran Empire is capable of pursuing justice without the spectre of deadly war.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 05:31:51 AM »
Pyrena Castle

For Immediate Release
February 13, 2019

Two Accords Signed

The First Empire is pleased to announce the signing of two treaties, one with the Holy Kingdom of Cabbagelandiet and the other with the Holy and Celestial Empire of Xaeth.

The Treaty of Friendship And Non-Aggression Between The First Empire of Rokkenjima And The Holy Kingdom of Cabbagelandiet (also known as the Pyrettania-Brasscirom Accord) forms the basis of friendship and cooperation between Rokkenjima and Cabbagelandiet. Also included in this Treaty is a pledge from the First Empire to the issuance of an International Development Grant to modernize Cabbagelandiet infrastructure. In a separate action the Empress has purchased र175.675m ($325m) of Cabbagelandiet debt in order to meet prior contractual arrangements and provide Cabbagelandiet every economic opportunity available to it.

The Treaty of Friendship And Cooperation Between The First Empire of Rokkenjima And The Holy and Celestial Empire of Xæth (also known as the The Pyrettania-Jiloola Accord) forms the basis of friendship and cooperation between Rokkenjima and Xæth. The Accord provides measures for joint economic prosperity, intelligence sharing, efficient travel for Rokkenjiman and Xæthoon citizens, as well as cultural provisions intended to lead to a stronger friendship between the two Empires. The Accord also has mechanisms for amendment so that it may "reflect the contemporary relationship between the First and Most Serene and Celestial Empires."

The First Empire looks forward to working with her new friends in building lasting relationships between our Nations and Peoples.

Beatrice Anselmo