Author Topic: Beatification Ceremony of Prince Laurez Hajioff  (Read 13407 times)

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Weremark
Re: Beatification Ceremony of Prince Laurez Hajioff
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
"Truth can be found everywhere, your Highness," answered Magnus with a smile as he looked around. Though other dignitaries congregated to speak to Laurenz some more, what had really caught his eye was the bar, and subtly he maneuvered himself to sitting on the far end. Slowly he noticed that many more seemed to be converging this way, and breathed a sigh of relief that he'd secured a seat, He looked over at the others at the bar; three dukes and an archbishop, though the Duke from Herrenbrucht had just stood up rather abruptly.

He called over, making conversation. "We meet again, Archbishop." he laughed a friendly laugh at the man now sitting alone. "Forgive me, but I thought those in your...position, er...couldn't drink? Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's what cultural insulation'll do to you."

The Kingdom of Weremark

NSWiki | Notable Characters

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 07:22:16 PM »
Freya and Alex had sat enjoying the scene before them, it was nice to be away from home and not the centre of attention. As the first song finished playing the pair got up and had a dance, after all it was neccessary to show willing and Freya, unlike her brother, didn't mind dancing as long as it was either with Alex or to some good music, but half of that was good enough she mused as he twirled her. Spotting an oppurtunity she got Alex to move them close to Laurentz who was dancing with someone they didn't recognise other than being the daughter of a Duke. "Your Highness" the two Morelanders gave nods as bows as they kind of fell into dancing step beside them. "Congratulations on your Beatification" Freya hoped she'd pronounced that correctly. "And thank you once more for the invite" she added as Alex did his best to keep her alongside Laurentz. "Perhaps when you're free we can present you with our gift, its a little tradition back home that a Crown Prince...or Princess, when they reach a certain age are given two things, a hammer and an ingot of steel. The idea being they should work to create a sword so that when the time comes they are equipped to defend their people. My brother sent us with them as a token of our esteem." She pointed to a wooden box on one of the tables. "No hurry, enjoy your dance" she smiled and twirled away into the melee of the dancefloor. While the gifts sounded plain compared to what many would no doubt present Freya hadn't been entirely honest. The ingot was steel but it was inscribed with the hosts coat of arms and the date of the Ceremony underneath. On the bottom was a poem, one Freya's father had made all his children learn.

"I WILL DO MORE
I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And what I can do, I ought to do.
And what I ought to do, by the grace of God, I will do.
I will do more than belong...I will participate.
I will do more than care...I will help.
I will do more than believe...I will practice.
I will do more than be fair...I will be kind.
I will do more than dream...I will work.
I will do more than teach...I will inspire.
I will do more than earn...I will enrich.
I will do more than give...I will serve.
I will do more than live...I will grow.
I will do more than talk...I will act.
I will be more than good...I will be good for something. "

The hammer meanwhile was one carved in glass, rimmed with gold, a true work of East Moreland craftsmanship, but Freya hoped the gifts would find some approval, a tradition from home changed for the world stage.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
The Archbishop smiled when he heard the incorrect assumption of Duke Altberg, once again to correct. "It's a common misconception that we Catholic clergy can't drink, we are allowed to drink in moderation of course; some of the world's most successful breweries in the ancient days were handled by monks themselves, they produced the beer in the very monasteries, in which there are loads of them in ES hehe." He then also reassured the Duke that asking question shows what a good character one can be, "curiosity and fascination for the surrounding world is one of the main driving factors of one's character development they say, which I find it to be true...Now, what do you think so far of this party that the Prince is hosting for us? I find it...interesting, since you can't imagine that a Catholic Archbishop would attend an Orthodox ceremony on this scale, the times are indeed changing, now that Pope Peter II is the leader of our Church and God's foremost representative." The Archbishop gave a neutral answer to the Duke since he was waiting for his reply and see what he really thought of it...

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »
Theofilus had been observing the activities of Laurenz from a distance and seized upon the opportunity of his departure to approach the guests who had been left at the bar.

"You must accept my apologies for my Nephew's behaviour. He is rather afflicted with the impetuousness of youth and lack of respect for proper protocol." He said with a mournful tone before continuing "For centuries Rhand has maintained impeccable court decorum, sadly I fear this generation will be the death of it." He ordered a glass of brandy which arrived in a large glass goblet. Turning to the Archbishop he introduced himself "How rude of me, here I am talking of court decorum and protocol and I have not yet introduced myself. I am Prince Theofilus Hajioff-Viktor, Second in Line to the Autokracy, and current Chief Counsel on State Communications. I take it from your garb that you are from the Ecclesiastic State?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 03:38:30 PM »
"Nice to get to meet you your highness" the Archbishop said while shaking Theofilus hand before continuing to smutt on his alcoholic beverage. "Indeed that you're correct to assume so, I'm actually in fact the official Apostolic Nuncio/Ambassador to Rhand, a pleasure to be here I must say and I would like to repeat myself, that it's a great joy to attend a significant Christian gathering, especially a beatification within your church. His holiness Pope Peter II made the right choice to bestow me this great honour of representing ES in Rhand, truly.".

De Lisio finally found a a few drinking-talking partners while the youngsters had their own time for fun. "At least you seem to be a man of caliber who knows how to conduct a fine conversation, to you as well Duke Altberg...In any case I would like to ask you dear Prince, what are your state's plans for further relations with ES in the long run?"

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 11:10:10 PM »
"Well then I can only say that we are most gratified that the Pope chose to appoint you as Nuncio to our Kingdom." he hesitated for a moment and took a sip of brandy "You seem like a wise and observant man. Tell me, what do you think of the prospects for our young newly beatified Autokrator to be? His reformist agenda is raising a few eyebrows in court, I'm curious as to the Ecclesiastical State's view on radical departures from tradition, I am of the opinion myself that it is an offence to attempt to meddle with the divinely appointed order of things." said Theofilus.

The music of the waltz finally came to an end and Laurenz led Elena off the dance floor over to where Freya and Alex were now standing. "I wish to thank you for your warm words on the dance floor, unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to reply before we were parted. It is of course my pleasure to have been able to welcome you to Rhand, and also a occasion bearing much promise I feel. Rhand is a country with much potential, sadly squandered due to the excesses and anachronism of our political and social system, but when I look to East Moreland I see a Kingdom that has been able to retain a strong connection to its traditions while bringing its people into the 21st century, I view the Morelandish model as very much the future of Rhand and would be delighted in future partnership to this end."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »
De Lisio thought long and hard as to how he would respond to that while sipping on his drink. "Well it of course depends on what these reforms he'll try to push through, everything isn't bad from my perspective of things, although as you said, it's recommendable not to disturb the natural order of mankind that stems from divinity, as upsetting the Lord's will isn't...beneficial...in the long run. Ultimately though it's up to the Autrokrator himself to take these decisions, it'll be between him and God alone. Which is why before one has come to that critical stage of decisions, it'd always good to have trusted, able and dependable advisors, so that one may not hopefully repeat the mistakes of one's forebearers, well unless those said advisors prove to be the absolute dumpload of shite...excuse my language, hahaha...." he told Theofilus while gulping down the last alcoholic liquid.

"One thing I can say for certain is that you don't have to deal with those insane Sionists terrorists...to think they've tried to once again for the third time tried to establish a permanent empire which consists nothing but hell and misery. At least it isn't as serious as the one in 1922, which forced the holy father and his other future colleagues to seek exile, for 56 yrs...At last God's people realised the true light and rose up and our Kingdom of Heaven was once more reinstalled in 1979...Thanks to Pope John Paul II at the time, our economy has boomed once more, unemployment has shrunk, the education and healthsystem has drastically improved as well...we have to deal with many issues such as overpollution, lackluster welfare and the constant reminder of poverty. But I believe that now with Pope Peter II in charge, things on those fronts will see massive improvement..." he added further with a smile and sense of hope and tranquility...

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 11:35:44 PM »
"This group, the Sionists. You must forgive my ignorance, but what is their history and ultimate aim; and how has your society protected yourself against them? Such problems seem to be increasingly common across the world and it is always good to avail friends of help where possible."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »
"Well this terrorist group had its beginning from 1099 and had illustrious Grand Masters. It is devoted to installing the Merovingian dynasty, that ruled the Ardian Empire from 457 to 751 AD, on the thrones of the Ecclesiastical State and the rest of Mundus. The Priory of Sion protects Merovingian dynasts because they may be the lineal descendants of the historical Jesus and his alleged wife, Mary Magdalene, traced further back to King David; The legendary Holy Grail is simultaneously the womb of saint Mary Magdalene and the sacred royal bloodline she gave birth to. I and almost everyone we know of, even the most atheist historians, refute and debunk this utter load of crap story. Their current goals are the re-institutionalization of chivalry and the promotion of pan-Mundic nationalism; the establishment of a theocratic "United States of Mundus": a Holy Mundic Empire politically and religiously unified through the imperial cult of a Merovingian Great Monarch who occupies both the throne of Mundus and the Holy See; and the actual governance of Mundus residing with the Priory of Sion through a one-party Mundic Parliament.

Based on what you just heard now, they're a fanatically dangerous terrorist group that manages to somehow attract followers through these forged and insane stories, casuing nothing but trouble and chaos. It is thus why all of us in Mundus need to stand united against these monsters, and I do agree with what you just said there my friend. Thing is it's like cancer, once you think you've cured yourself from it, it instaly pops up in the next second...this is now the third time they rose up, since 6 years back, although thanks to our military and Nexonan/Quintelian allies, the terrorists are contained in our northwestern regions between the border of Nexon and ES. I'm fairly certain the holy father will finally lead us to great victory and wipe these out from the map, although we've also warned all governments to be aware of potential Sionist spies and agents lurking about, including Rhand, my friend..."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »
Theofilus shifted slightly in embarrassment before speaking "Ah, the Merovingian Dynasty. They had fallen centuries before Rhand was formed by the Ardian Empire, however the theology of divine leadership outlived them... Rhandic Orthodoxy's beliefs expressed in the ceremony you attended today stem from the same theological root as these Sionists. That said we have never had any intention of creating a global religious empire.

Still I am certain you are correct, your Pope will brush this threat to civilisation into the dustpan of history."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2017, 12:41:29 AM »
De Lisio simply took hold of Theofilus hands and whispered, "Don't worry, we know that you're not the bad guys in this ancient war between the forces of Satan and God", finishing with a smile afterwards. With that said, he ordered another drink, as he thought that this stuff they had over in Rhand was pretty good. "My friend, I think we should try to make some of our forgotten guests remembered, as I know how dull it can be standing there all alone, not knowing what else to do..." he pointed discreetly at the Weremark Duke for instance.

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Weremark
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 12:53:15 AM »
Magnus opened his mouth in modest realization. "Aha, I see," he said regarding the alcohol, giving the area a glance around after the Archbishop asked him what he thought. "I have no point of reference, I must concede that," he sighed. "But it is quite nice, indeed." he said with a nod. With the arrival of Theofilus, he had ordered himself a drink, nodding back to the Archbishop at the mention of his own name. His ears perked up partially from the drink when mention of the Sionists was made; since his own experience a decade ago he'd garnered rather substantial scholarly interest in the misfits, rebels and terrorists in the universe, yet the infamous Sionists were not a group he had yet delved into the history of.

"Ah, but I am not that forgotten, am I?" he stood up heartily and walked over to stand closer to the two gentlemen. "For I, too have considerable interest in this subject, despite my total removal from it. You speak of the Sionists, no? I'm afraid Weremark already has deeply engrained within it's legal code the concept of chivalry, so these men may view that as a victory, that being said, however, I am curious. How much of a threat are these people, er, hypothetically, to the status quo in Weremark, or some other, similarly non-Christian state. Nya Aland, or East Moreland, perhaps?"

The Kingdom of Weremark

NSWiki | Notable Characters

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 12:57:35 AM »
Amelia had never been the type to bore easily in fact this sort of occasion was very much what she was used to, though usually she'd be talking fashions which was tough to kick especially as she now found herself subconsciously analyzing what people were wearing, one of these days she'd have to do something about that. her brother and sister were enjoying themselves her father was around somewhere, she half turned around looking for something when she knocked into someone - Laurenz Yeah way to go Amelia she thought to herself You just bumped in to the man this is all about

"Sorry." Amelia apologized "I really should watch where I'm going."

Offline Comrade Kermit

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Argemonto
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »
Elena had followed Laurenz with delight. She enjoyed being led to the other guests, since she on her own wouldn't have dared to start a conversation with the other officials. She hated here shyness. This particular character trait was an obstacle she hoped to get rid off, because it was not fitting for a Princess. She nodded politely while looking at Alex and Freya and listened to the conversation. Listening Laurenz she realized that he was a real political avantgarde in his country. She felt like she was really building up admiration for him-her sweet thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a woman bumping into Laurenz. She didn't now the woman's name nor had she ever seen her face, but she instantly disliked this lady.

La Popola Respubliko de Argemonto
The People's Republic of Argemonto

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
Freya appreciated Laurenz words towards her homeland. "My brother would be proud of you seeing us that way. He's a bit of a self confessed history nerd and I suppose he likes the idea of keeping that alive."

"Or you could just say he's a nerd" Alex smiled but found a playful but forceful dig in the ribs from his wife.

"I'm sure he would have loved todays ceremony but then bombarded you or your staff with endless questions on it after. However I'll spare you those. On the matter of relations with Rhand we'd be happy to help. For one thing we have heard of this awful locust business[1], must be terrible, if it can be of help we have a host of young people who have elected to do their national service alloated to the Joint Emergency Team or similar situations, if you can find a use for them and their skills we'd be more than happy to arrange for them to come and work here."
 1. assuming this is ok, if not let me know and I'll remove it

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »
"I am certain that your brother must be a fascinating person to meet, it is a shame that he was not able to attend, however perhaps I will yet have an opportunity to make his acquaintance.

As for the locust business, it is most terrible, compounded by the backwardness of the countryside here, the poor farmers are barely able to survive as it is. Whilst I am afraid that certain persons in the administration feel that it somehow is damaging to the dignity of the Realm to accept outside help I am most grateful for the offer and will see to it that permits are granted for your aid mission.

Perhaps following this, and with the understanding of the conditions in these communities that the mission would bring, we could agree with you to aid us in the education and improvement of agricultural technique to lift the peasantry out of poverty."

Laurenz had become aware that Elena had been gazing dreamily at him, he cracked a fond smile at her before suddenly lurching sideways as someone forcefully bumped in to him...

"Sorry." Amelia apologized "I really should watch where I'm going."

Laurenz saw Elena glare at the woman and couldn't contain a laugh at the situation. "It's quite alright, everyone has their particular manner of making introductions. Your's, while uncoventional, is hardly the worst I have seen."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 12:08:15 AM »
"Well my friend as of now their outlook on others have been nothing but embarrassment and stupidity, but trust me when I do say this that they're indeed a force not to be underestimated, considering they managed to brainwash people and force the holy father in exile, occupying ES for 54 yrs before people managed to regain their faith in the true faith and crush to vehmens once and for all...well at least before a small minority still left in existence rose up again in 20117 and has been ongoing for the past 6 yrs, with ES, Nexon and even Quintelia bashing their asses, keeping Mundus safe from containing them to areas in northwestern ES, trapping them between Nexon and our country as we speak, though more than 35,000 have died in this conflict, mainly Sionists and innocent civilians accidentally standing between the crossfires, may God have mercy on their souls..."