Author Topic: Just Another Blue Milk Run - A Star Wars Legends RP (IC Thread)  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Tytor

• Noble
  • Regional Power
  • Remember, 2021 is pronounced "2020 won"
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: Just Another Blue Milk Run - A Star Wars Legends RP (IC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »
Tien didn't need telling twice.  He'd just shot and presumably killed an Imp inquisitor with this thing's self-defense weaponry, after all.  The Marilite might be little more than a glorified cattle barge with a hyperdrive, but she packed a wallop.  He keyed on his comlink and called the Ace of Staves.  "Threebie, I want you to meet us at Drop Site Cresh Five," he instructed the little droid in Sullustese, "You know how to get there."

źDrop Site Cresh Five = on Nal Hutta // Tien = sure about this?╗ Threebie whistled in reply.

"Yes, I'm sure," Tien said in mild exasperation, "Just get down there so we can ditch this Imp transport."

The droid whistled a hesitant acknowledgement, and through the viewport Tien saw the freighter start heading into the atmosphere.  With any luck, the drop site's location would throw the Imps off their trail long enough to get everybody secured aboard the Ace of Staves and off to Telos.

"You back there," he called back into the personnel bay, now in Basic, "Master Jedi; Gav, if you're conscious; come up here.  I need all hands on deck right now."

As Tien gave instructions to his motley crew, he piloted the transport deftly out of the spaceport and into the atmosphere.  He could see the Star Destroyer the shuttle had come from in orbit over their heads, which ruled out heading up and out; here in the atmosphere, they were out of reach of the ImpStar's tractor beams.  Fortunately, the spaceport was on that side of Nar Shaddaa that faced out into space, so Tien was able to relatively quickly put the moon between them and their pursuers (as there were bound to be).  In not too long, he was settling the shuttle in a small, sickly-looking grove of trees deep in the swamp of Nal Hutta.  He knew the Imps would come for the Marilite, so he spent a bit of time rigging it with a few trip mines from the cargo bay of the Ace of Staves.  He primed a thermal detonator with a proximity sensor in the cockpit, and then followed his passengers out of the vessel.  It was a pity, really.  The Marilite handled well, and she really was a good ship; her main problem was that she was conspicuous.

Tien bid farewell to the ship that had saved his life - not to mention the lives of at least three of his companions (the Zabrak was a surprise) - and boarded the Ace of Staves.  As he'd expected, the freighter was cramped.  There wasn't room to swing a mynock, what with nearly a dozen orphans, a fugitive Jedi, and four other outlaws (including Tien himself; SoroSuub wasn't likely to be the only organization with a price on his head anymore).  Without much ado, Tien got the ship off the ground, out of the planet's gravity well, and into hyperspace, with all fifteen sentients aboard her.  Fifteen sentients.  Fifteen.  And the Ace was only rated for seven.  This trip to Telos was going to be a long one.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Geo

• Basically New Zealand
  • ACABBNTROTAB
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: was Aschlon, was once Altromine, now FOA
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:22 AM »
Argo tapped his gun with a stick.
The orphans, gathered around in a circle looking up at him.
He tapped the gun again, rapping the stick against the side of a metal crate as he began to knock out the tunes to a tradition folk song from Darkknell. His uncle had taught him it, drunk over a pale of ale, and now he would deliver it to those young gathered before him.
He hummed along, the basic and simplistic tune of the song soon being picked up by the children.
Soon, they were rapping on the floor along with him as they reached the end of the song.

After having rounded them onto the ship, Argo had taken it upon himself to keep the children marginally entertained. Despite there being one or two aliens in their midst, the majority of the children were human, so Argo felt compelled to stop their minds drifting to the sounds of shooting and other fighting sounds that were going on around them. Plus if the kids were not emotionally dead, he's probably get paid more.

Ah yes, pay, he thought to himself. He'd had yet to discuss terms, something he was even now kicking himself for. He got up and stretched.
"I'll be back in a bit guys", he said to the kids as he left the room.
VQLAWTL

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 11:03:20 PM »
Anja slowly, almost on auto pilot made her way through the ship, checking on the kids but her mind was elsewhere the image of Ruves burned into her eyes and mind, the man who'd trained her was now an agent of the dark side. The first person she would normally have reached out to for help she couldn't. She slumped down onto the deck of the cockpit leaning against the wall as the Ace of Staves continued to travel, she glanced over to where Threebie was "Do you remember him?" Anja asked "Ruves, my old master? I thought he was dead, lost in the massacre..." she trailed off as the sound of footsteps brought the rest of what was now certainly a band of outlaws into the cockpit. Anja took a moment to get her mind back where it needed to be, hard as it was for her to do, she took a deep breath, the people who were now risking their lives on this had a right to know what it was all about.

"My name is Anja Jonew." Anja said "I'm a Jedi one of the last, I was still early in my training when the Jedi massacre happened, I escaped it along with my master, we hid traveling from planet to planet never staying in one place too long. The Inquisition caught up with us as we were fleeing Nelvaan, I got away my master didn't. I thought he'd died." she slowly looked up "It would probably have been better if he had, but that masked inquisitor...it was him, they turned him..." she took another breath "The Empire is after this" right on cue Threebie produced the holocron "It's a Jedi holocron I don't know what it contains, it's written in a language I've never seen and even then I don't believe it's complete, the way it displays when activated it appears that it's multi-layered. However the fact that the Inquisition want this thing is enough to do everything I can do to keep it out of their hands." She got to her feet somewhat shakily her body still feeling the effects of the duel she'd just fought "When I was in hiding I reinvented myself as a bounty hunter I'd hoped that my status as a bounty hunter would be enough to get me access to an old Jedi academy on Telos, but after what we just went through there'll be a price on my head and we'd be walking right into a den of some of the most skilled fighters in the galaxy. I'm not entirely sure that Telos is a suitable destination now..." she trailed off for a moment before looking at Gav "Where did you get this holocron and were you taking it?"

Offline Tytor

• Noble
  • Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 04:34:59 AM »
"Krant," Gav said, "It's in-"

"Bothan Space," Tien finished for him, "I know the place; had a job out there once."

"Nice enough people," Gav said, giving the Sullustan an appraising glance.

"More importantly, I assume you've got a place to hide it or someone to give it to out there," Tien countered.

"Well, yes," Gav admitted.

"All right, then here's what I'm thinking," Tien sad, "We're on the Ootmian Pabol right now, heading to Randon, where we'll change onto the Randon Run.  We'll then take that up to Lantillies, which is on the Perlemian Trade Route, which we will take to its intersection with the Hydian Way at Brentaal.  We'll then take the Hydian up to Telos.  Or at least that was the plan.  If we want to get to Krant instead, we'll still go to Randon, but we won't get onto the Randon Run.  Instead, we'll get onto the Trax Tube and head to Daalang, where we'll transfer onto the Bothan Way, which we'll take to Bothawui.  Krant is just a few small jumps along minor hyperlanes away at that point.  Either way, we're looking at travelling a while; the trip to Krant may be shorter, distance-wise, but the route to Telos is more heavily trafficked, and thus travel time is deceptively faster.  The question, I suppose, is which one we want to take.  I can guarantee safe travel at least as far as Brentaal or Bothawui, but Brentaal is in the Core, and Bothawui... well, I've never really felt I could trust any of the Bothans I've ever met.  Anything could happen after that."  He snorted with mild amusement.  "Well, after all that, I suppose I can add 'walking star map' to my list of skills.  Gav?  Anja?  The Ace of Staves is at your command; which route shall we take?"
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2021, 11:05:35 PM »
At the mention of the planet Krant, Anja smiled wryly it was perhaps a surprising reaction under the circumstances but after all the darkness of the last few years, all the running, all the hiding, all the fearing that she could conceivably be the last of the Jedi...that one planet name basically said "You are not the last" she glanced at Gav the hope welling up inside her "And your starting point?" she asked "Who gave you the holocron?"

Gav took a moment "A woman gave it to me, brownish hair, blue eyes asked me to take it to Krant for someone." he spoke slowly "I was on Five Points."

Anja, if it was possible grinned even more broadly, letting out a sigh of relief with the smile that would probably raise a few eyebrows, she'd have been punching the air if not for the situation they were in, she looked at Tien "Krant." she said before stifling the giggle "So she was lying after all..."

Offline Tytor

• Noble
  • Regional Power
    • View Profile
The weeks passed.  Before too long, Tien was getting ready to drop the Ace of Staves out of hyperspace in the Both system.  The journey had been uneventful enough; just a few overzealous customs officials, and no sign of Imp pursuit.  Yet something about this trip made Tien uneasy.  At first, he thought maybe it was his basic distrust of Bothans, brought about by a run-in he'd had in Bothan Space a few years ago, but no... this was different.  Despite her promise to tell Tien more about her experiences in the Clone Wars, Threebie had remained tight-lipped (could a droid be tight-lipped?), and Tien had yet to work up the nerve to ask the Jedi for more information himself.

Tien sighed to himself.  The moment had come, and it was time to end this leg of the journey.  The ship's computer chirped at him, and he pulled back on the lever to revert the freighter to realspace.  There was the system's primary, Both, shining brightly as ever.  There was Bothawui, a mottled green-and-blue sphere splashed with the white of clouds.  There was the typical traffic of such an important shipyard, mingling with the world's own defense force.

And there, dead ahead, was an Imperial Star Destroyer.

Tien was shocked.  The Bothans did not take kindly to Imperial meddling in their space.  Tien didn't blame them; as an Imperial client state, Bothan Space was supposed to enjoy a degree of independence from the Empire, as it had as an Allied Region under the Republic for thousands of years before the Emperor was even born.  Tien couldn't tell exactly what the Star Destroyer was doing here, but based on the security vessels shadowing its movements, the Bothans did not seem to be very happy about it.  Tien keyed the Ace of Staves's intercom.

"Well, folks, we've made it to Bothawui," he said, "But we may be facing some issues here before we can continue to Krant.  I suggest everyone find a place to strap in, because things may get a little dicey before we're through.  And Master Jedi?  I would appreciate your presence in the cockpit as quickly as possible."

Tien half-remembered from stories he had heard told over the years that Jedi could sense other Force users.  While it seemed almost impossible that those inquisitors could have reached Bothawui before them, it seemed too much of a coincidence for him to want to ignore the possibility.  He switched the intercom back off and leaned back in his chair.

"I have a bad feeling about this," he muttered.