Author Topic: The Lotus Pod and the Sakura  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
The Lotus Pod and the Sakura
« on: June 20, 2021, 02:10:39 AM »
10:30am, Pyrettania, First Empire of Rokkenjima

Secretary General Guamin Cheng & Secretary of State Wen Yi-Mai, just got off their JAL flight to Pyrettania International Airport and started to make their way to a private terminal pre-arranged they were wearing the classical business suits and started talking casually.

“Wen,you were our ambassador to Rokkenjima before you were my Secretary of State Correct?” The Secretary General asked. Mrs Wen replied

“Yes. I was for nearly a decade. My son also studied a semester abroad here. He enjoyed it.”

He chuckled. “Good, because I will be relying on your expertise.”

The Secretary of State grinned

“Ok then. I believe they said that they would send a delegation to take us to the palace. I notified the embassy and they said they informed the Empress’ Office.”

“I just hope that they don’t send too much of a party. I hear that Rokkenjimans love pageantry. It’s a little intense.”

Wen sighed “Don’t worry Sir. I made them aware of your aversion of to too much attention. I know how much you prefer to keep a low profile.”
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:00:46 AM by Baal »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Lotus Pod and the Sakura
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 02:43:01 AM »

A brief helicopter ride from Pyrettania International Airport would transport the Secretary General and Secretary of State to Pyrena Castle, which overlooked the city of Pyrettania from its perch atop the hills. Greeting them was Empress Evanthe and Vicegerent Ravenswood who were on hand as the helicopter touched down on the Castle's grounds. "Secretary General Guamin Cheng, Secretary of State Wen Yi-Mai, welcome to Pyrettania," Evanthe said with a slight bow. "I do hope your travels here were quiet and uneventful?"

"This is Count Emerson Ravenswood, my Vicegerent," she continued. "Allow us to venture inside to the Green Sitting Room where I've had some refreshments prepared prior to your arrival. Also," she said as they entered the room while picking up a bottle, "a tradition upon meetings such as this, this mead is produced here on the Castle grounds from a recipe which dates back to the earliest generations of my family."

After they had all taken their seats Evanthe looked to the Secretary General, "So, where would you wish to begin?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 03:11:10 AM »
Both of the Jiayuanese delegates bowed to both Empress Eventhe and Count Emerson Westwood out of respect. Secretary General Guamin Cheng replied "Mead?...Thats honey wine correct? Anyway, Your majesty my intention today is a discussion over a possible FTA." Secretary of State Wen Yi-Mai added "We are basically here today to begin a constructive relationship between both of our nations. We want it to be constructive, and hope that Jiayuan and Rokkenjima have a solid professional relationship."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:42:57 AM by Baal »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 03:58:38 AM »
"Correct, I shall allow the Vicegerent to discuss matters related to the possibility of a FTA, as being a member of the Cross-Straits Union makes that process somewhat less straight forward than it otherwise would be. I share your hopes in building a constructive relationship and have long believed that partnership between Ardian nations is beneficial not only for the nations involved, but for the continent as a whole. I believe there are many spheres in which Rokkenjima and Jiayuan could cooperate toward our mutual benefit."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 02:51:52 AM »
Secretary General Cheng replied to the Empress "I thought that might be the case. While we don't necessarily have any desires to join the CSU, this doesn't mean we won't work with its members on certain issues, mostly in terms of trade and finances. Count Ravenswood, should we get into the specifics of a possible FTA now or is there another policy area on our end that either yourself or perhaps her majesty wishes to address first?"

Secretary of State Wen Yi-Mai waited for a response along with her superior.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 08:26:22 AM »
Evanthe ensured that fresh tea was offered to her guests in the mean time. "The Vicegerent is generally tasked with foreign affairs, it's where I gained much of my experience in working with the international community prior to assuming the duties of Empress," she said before sipping her own cup. "Perhaps while the Vicegerent finds something as to what you asked you may tell me more of your homeland. I'm eager to learn as much as possible about those whom the First Empire will be engaging with and, often times, hearing how one describes their homeland one can indeed learn much."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 08:46:45 AM »
Secretary General Guamin Cheng straightned his glasses. "Well in an abridged version. We used to be an extension of the Lijiang Empire up until 1500 then the brother of the Empire of the time split off and created his own dynasty in 1500 known as the Hwa dynasty. But the Imperial dynastic period was fraught with wars with the Mongolian hordes in in the Buran Tai provinces in the east, famines, changing dynasties, eventually led the Yellow Rebellion in 1864. Basically when the Buddhist clergy took charge until 1960 when they were deposed in a revolution and various civil wars across the country. Those were...Dark times the Verdic Domain of Jiāyuán was an economic backwater, when we in the JCU took charge Jiāyuán was...Well it wasn't as the nation it was today. We had to make a series of reforms before we became the third largest economy. But thats an abridged version. If you want to know more just ask."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 08:55:00 AM »
"I appreciate that, thank you," she said with a smile. Looking out the window Evanthe continued, "Looking out beyond the Castle I see the city of Pyrettania down below, surrounded by life. Trees, countless animals which make those wooded areas their homes, we have learned to live in harmony with the natural world around us. Many Rokkenjimans have sat in this room to enjoy the same view we've before us today and, it is my hopes, that several generations shall follow me in enjoying this same view. Whether it be the coasts of Ashinxao or the secluded woods of Dunwich, no matter where I am there is beauty to be found, something to always remind me of the blessings we've been granted as a nation. If we were seated in your capital what could I expect to see if I were looking out a window there?" An abridged history was of course useful, but knowing more of the ties one has to the land itself gave a more complete picture itself.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »
General Secretary Cheng replied "Hmm the seat of our capital in Zhēnzhū is known as the Blue Manor. Our old official residence is the Shun Tsao Palace, that however is more of a museum now as it dates back to the Imperial Era. THe Blue Manor is in South Eastern Zhēnzhū and lies within the city surrounded by a garden, it's a complex of many buildings. What you will see however is mostly artificial garden. I'm not going to lie it's a little sterile for my liking. There is a building however that acts as a secondary administrative building. Its a tower in the city known as Chong Seng tower it oversees mot of the centtral metro area. It sees the hustle and bussle of the city, construction and the hustle and bustle of people living their live, traffic, construction, people rushing to get to whatever plans they have. It reminds me that what policy I enact it effects them, thus keeping me grounded. If that makes sense."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 11:53:22 PM »
Emerson Ravenswood had departed the room to grab the two members of the Imperial Council that were useful for this situation, Yuriko Faust the Imperial Councillor for Foreign Affairs and then the Attorney for the Crown Lucius Stanley, a quick run through the logistics of it, checking the CSU treaty and then formulating the options. That done he returned to the meeting room and waited for the appropriate moment.

"General Secretary as far as the potential for an FTA is concerned, I've consulted with members of the Imperial Council and we believe there are generally speaking two options here." he said "As we've previously established Rokkenjima's membership of the Cross Straits Union is something of a factor. So option number one would be for Jiayuan to negotiate an FTA not with Rokkenjima but with the CSU as a whole there's already that style of agreement in place between the CSU and East Moreland that could be taken as the model for it, this would mean getting the appropriate person from the CSU here but that only takes a few hours. Option number two is a little more tricky you could agree an FTA with Rokkenjima and then the other CSU members could take steps to prevent Rokkenjima exporting those goods to them. I would suggest the first option simpler as it's been done before."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 01:12:00 AM »
General Secretary Cheng replied "Well we have time. I have heard that a CSU-East Moreland Agreement has been tossed around through several foreign policy and commercial circles in Zhēnzhū.from what I understand it deals with trade barriers as well as intellectual property, however doesn't say anything about foreign direct investment. But I'm guessing that FDI is a matter for commercial parties and not governments. I'm guessing that FDI on its own would require its own treaty itself given some complexities regarding share market investments and possible commercial competition laws, I take it that would be a discussion for another time. Right now however, let us take the time to go over this agreement as you wish."