Author Topic: Ipsus Daily - News from Royal Seleucid  (Read 42384 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Ipsus Daily - News from Royal Seleucid
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:40 PM »

THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KING!

It was announced just moments ago the King Akakois, the beloved monarch of Royal Seleucid died of a heart attack. Royal Physician Dr.Malik Shaker made the announcement and said, "The King was thought to be in good health. He still swam regularly at the Palace and enjoyed spending his time being active with his grand-children and children. However he was discovered by Queen Katerina collapsed following undertaking strenous exercise. We believe that he had a heart attack and that without immediate help he sadly died. He was a much beloved monarch. In many ways he was a beloved father not only to his five children but to every Seleucid citizen. The real sadness is that in a few months time he was about to become a father again with Queen Oksana and the child will never see his incredible father. We must however tell this sixth son or daughter of Akakios how fortunate they are to have his blood running in their veins and we as a nation must come together in our hour of sadness to do all we can to be like a father to that child."

The news means that Crown Prince Hadi becomes King and assumes all his father's authority with immediate effect. The four wives of Akakois, Samira, Yanna Katerina and Oksana shall now be known as Royal Mothers while the Prince's two wives, Yasmine and Korinna become Queen. The line of succession will now move to 19 year old Prince  Zareen who is currently at University studying History.

The new King, who has stated he will wait before being crowned  has already outlined some of the actions he will be taking in the coming days when he released a statement which read, "The Kingdom faces many problems. Usually we begin the reign of each King with a feast, we shall wait to a more appropriate time. We can not welcome in the new King without a feast and it is not fair to hosts such a thing when people starve. We shall in the coming days be marshalling our forces towards our borders, we have seen Slava Lavosk sabre rattling and the fleets of various nations sit on our doorstep. We can not and must not allow these nations to see us as weak and as such our military will enforce a strength I know we have. Furthermore I know there will be people who shall seek to blame minorities in some way for this tragedy, it was merely my fathers time to leave us and as such we should celebrate what he achieved. We must carry on his legacy and ensure we walk bravely on his path."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2019, 02:11:19 AM »

KING HADI ISSUES FIRST PROCLAMATIONS

The new King today issued several proclamations making them his first since the death of his father. The 39 year old monarch appeared at the National Assembly to issue his decrees marking his first public appearence since assuming the throne, however he has yet to be formally crowned. The first decree was aimed at stopping panic when food supplies are brought into the country. Hadi explained, "In order to prevent mobs of people swarming the airfields or ports there shall be a curfew in place between 6pm and 6am within 5km of all ports and airports. Anyone found outside their homes unless a government employee will be liable to arrest." It is hoped this will create pockets of safety around areas where food is being imported as currently large crowds are flocking to these ports of entry where food from Neu Uburzis, Krimeon, various JET nations and Tamora are entering. A few days ago six people were killed as they swarmed an airfield and two Seleucid soldiers died when their helicopter was shot down by small arms fire.

The second decree made it illegal for people to horde food. "Organisations and individuals are not permitted to stockpile food. Members of the armed forces are to be given the power to enter property and search for supplies of food that would be considered to be over that required for use for a week. Organisations should not store more food than they need for two days. Furthermore until further notice all restaurants and food service venues are to be closed. Any food confescated will be distributed in the local community." The move is thought to be particularly aimed at the various Temples of the Cult of Helus as they approach their Feast of Helus on the 22nd of February. The festival has in the past seen large banquets served at homes, ritual offerings of food and street parties. It is likely therefore these will be cancelled this year due to the lack of food.

The third decree was that the government will be controlling food prices. "The Minister for Agriculture will in the next 24hours post maximum prices for basic food stuffs, rice, bread, flour, vegetables and several other key basics. These will be randomly checked by members of the Ministry posing as customers and anyone found to be breaking these limits will be imprisoned for a minimum of five years. It is wrong to profit off the suffering of others. Anyone found to be selling food who are not a legitimate business will be imprisoned for a minimum of eight years. We must make a point of showing that greed will not be permitted in our nation." The various shopkeeping organisations across the country have criticised the move saying that prices will need to reflect the added costs of importing food from abroad however it is believed this will not be the considered.

Finally the new King used his time of issuing decrees to address the situation with Slava Lavosk. "For years Midaranye has been a region under external stresses but we have avoided conflict with each other. Now however we see Slava willing to build weapons the world was pleased to see the back of? Why would they do such a thing? The answer is simple, they wish to see our region burn. Ourselves and Tamora have worked hard to show unity in our region, to work together for the betterment of our peoples, and had Slava not seen fit to demonise a race or build weapons of mass destruction I was confident things could be worked out allowing our region to remain at peace. Now because of a combination of natural disaster and the outside interference of Mundus we stand at a knife edge. I would urge Slava to pull back, work with us all to return peace to our region and show the world they have no nuclear weapons. For now we shall stand our military on our borders ensuring you can not act more aggressively than you have already, stand down your tests, co-operate with the world and those troops can return to duties easing the natural disaster we face."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »

HADI ABDICATES. PRINCE HEYDAR TO BECOME KING

In shocking developments at Ipsus Palace today Hadi has withdrawn his claim to be King meaning his younger brother Prince Heydar will become King instead. The announcement came after rumours of Queen Oksana stockpiling food at her families holiday resort came to light, followed by claims soon after that Hadi had protected her from investigation following the discovery because the child she is carrying is hers. There was a brief stand off at the Palace between an irate crowd demanding Queen Oksana be arrested and placed under investigation and Royal Guardsman. The stand off however was ended when Prince Heydar, a Squadron Leader in the Air Force arrived and bravely stood in front of the restless crowd and addressed them. Soon after Hadi took to the airways admitting what he had done and standing down as King, despite not actually being crowned yet. The eldest son of the late King Akakois said, ""I have a confession to make. The child in Queen Oskana's womb is mine. I have been guilty of betraying my father, guilty of betraying my family and was seduced by a Lodjain. I have allowed that seduction to allow me to put my people second and even considered today fighting the people of my homeland to protect Oksana. My family have voiced their shame in these revelations and as such I am withdrawing my claim to the throne in favour of that of my brother. I shall in the coming days move to my country estate and serve in whatever capacity my brother, the rightful King things best. I wish all people well and pray for your forgiveness. Long live the King."

Following the announcement Heydar once more addressed the crowd who began to fade away. Moments later a helicopter was seen leaving the Palace something which was explained as taking Hadi, his two wives and two children to the Palace of the Lake. Still dressed in his military flight suit the new King addressed the nation a few hours later. 

"People of Royal Seleucid. I will not dwell on my brothers deeds for long, after all he is my brother, I love him and I forgive him. I am sure what he did he did out of a misplaced love for Oksana rather than any ill will towards his people. Like myself he loves our nation, our people and our land and in time I hope to the people will find a place in their heart to forgive him. As such he will now reside at the Palace of the Lake where he will spend his days with his family and dedicating his time to writing books on economics I know he has been keen to pen. As we turn to the future we now have a supply of food coming into the nation and soon I hope supplies will be sufficient, not plentiful but sufficient. As such I will be imposing martial law until further notice to ensure a fair, orderly and swift distribution of food to our people. Tomorrow I will be having a ceremony to honour those who over the last few days have lost their lives as our tempers have flared, the Priestesses of both faiths that dominate our nation will be in attendance and I shall be making a visit to the Temple of Helus in the Celtic Protectorate tomorrow evening to place an Air Force officers sword on their alter to pay respects to those Cultists who have died. While their faith is not one I share I believe that they have honourable aspects to their faith and as such are worthy of our respect. It is their Code of Canley's desire to defend those in need I admire and as such I will take that to heart. We shall ensure the weak, the old, the very young and the sick receive the first supplies and I would appreciate my nations support on this. Additionally we must do all we can to make less of a crisis in the East on our border with Tamora, their help has been most neighbourly and I would not wish to overuse their hospitality, beside their soldiers have much better things to do than protect a border which should not need protection. While Seleucids and Tamorans are not brothers so to speak we are like the cousins that spend so often visiting they may as well be your brother. Our cousins may have their own battles to fight soon enough and the border with us is not the one they need to worry about. We need to be good neighbours, come home from their camps and allow their military to take care of their own. We too must be watchful, the Tamoran cousins of ours are under threat and should the worse happen I hope our people shall remember the hospitality they have shown us. The Seleucid are good mannered and we return the favours granted to us."

It was revealed Queen Oksana was taken to the Ipsus military base where she will be kept under guard while investigations take place. Heydar added, "Queen Oksana was someone my father loved deeply. As such I pray for a swift end to the investigation and should she be found in the wrong judgement is mindful of her place in my father's heart. I know their is doubt over the father of her child, either way I shall soon be welcoming a nephew, niece, brother or sister and for that I am happy."

The new King is said to have planned an informal coronation for the next few days as a royal aide explained, "King Heydar does not wish to have a huge feast while food is still scarce for the majority. It is important however we have all legal measures in place and so he will be crowned at the Royal Temple in a mainly private ceremony, however soon after it is hoped a re-coronation of sorts can take place."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »

AIR FORCE BID FAREWELL TO NEW KING ON BUSY DAY FOR NEW MONARCH

The Air Force today bid farewell to King Heydar as he brought down the curtain on his 20 years of military service. The 39 year old King never expected to be monarch and so elected to serve the country and an airmen and joined the Air Force just after his 19th birthday. The new monarch has on several occasions selflessly turned down promotions above Squadron Leader in order to remain on front line active duty as a pilot. He has during his career flown helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft helping save hundreds of lives in search and rescue operations. There was an emotional farewell at Ipsus Air Force base as his squadron said farewell in a traditional ceremony that saw the King hand over his uniform to Air Marshall Rayad Dossari before being handed back his pilot wings. Thousands of airmen then performed a march and fly past paying respects to King Heydar's military career.

The King then made his way to the Royal Temple just outside the Palace where he was formally crowned in a ceremony that was less than traditional. The new King was attended just by his siblings with the exception of disgraced elder brother, his Mothers and his own wife and ten year old son. The ceremony was intended to legally make sure that Heydar can begin running the country and the new King has already stated that once the situation returns to normal he will have a formal grand coronation. The ceremony also saw the Priestess of Anahita crown the King while the nations leading Priestess of Helus offered a blessing. The King also announced that he will keep Tamoran born Cassiopeia Vasilakis on his staff as "Ambassador between Faiths" a new position he hopes will be a link between the royal family and the various religious groups of the nation.

The King then went on a whistle stop tour of the capital visiting hospitals, food distribution centres and schools. King Heydar had declared Martial Law two days ago and today following his tour announced further measures involving the government. The first was that Martial Law will be extended for the next 30 days, at the end of which the nations elected body, the King's Council will be discontinued in its current form. "We need patriots in charge of our country offering advice. Therefore under the new King's Council only retired military officers will be permitted to stand for election. These are men who have shown unflinching loyalty to the people, to the nation and to the royal family. We have had a tempestuous few weeks in Royal Seleucid and now is a time for loyalty." The King then went on further to announce that Consul Karpos Simonides would be stepping down. "My father appointed Karpos and the pair worked together for many long years. Karpos is a man who I can not thank enough and a man I wish to enjoy his retirement. Karpos was always around our family and taught me to ride, he loved taking me and my siblings riding along with his own children. As such he shall be given the title Royal Master of Horse and will I hope ensure all our families horses are well cared for, well ridden and pampered, a task I know he will look forward to. With it shall come the Master of Horses estate which I hope he will enjoy for the rest of a long life. The position of Consul will be taken by Akakois Simonides, the former Consul's son and a former comrade in arms of mine. If he is half as talented in this role as his father then I am confident he is the man to help me take Royal Seleucid to a brighter future."

In a ceremony at sunset King Heydar's wife Chryssa was officially crowned Queen. After she stated, "I now know family life will change, myself and Heydar, our son Golzar believed that we would serve as and when required by the family but never on a day to day basis. That is why myself and my husband dedicated ourselves to working for the good of the family behind the scenes, now we must serve the nation and place that duty above all. Our first concern must be the future of the throne, and while Heydar has many siblings they are mainly sisters. I had hoped we would have more children and now that is a duty I must fill. I also understand that Heydar will need to produce more children and so I will be supporting him as he seeks to emulate his wonderful father and grow the family tenfold in size." This has lead many to speculate the new King will be seeking more brides, his father died with four wives and five children, his sixth is due to be born in a months time to disgraced Lodjain born Queen Oksana Stasiuk, however their are now doubts over the parentage of the unborn child after Hadi admitted an affair with the Lodjain seductress. The new King is yet to make a decision on her future having said in the past he is unsure how to treat her because of "the love my father had for her." It is likely that once a child is born a DNA test will be taken and the results will heavily influence the decision of King Heydar.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 08:38:46 PM »

SHOCKING ROYAL MURDER/SUICIDE

It was revealed this morning that late last night former King of Royal Seleucid, Hadi Sotor, murdered his two wives and his two children before killing himself. Reports from the Palace of the Lake where the 40 year old  had gone into exile. One eye witness, a Royal Guard who was patrolling the boat landing area said, "We heard a gunshot, its not uncommon to have the Royals come here do some shooting of the water foul that live on the lake, or using the small firing range we have here. This though came late at night and that is uncommon, we also get warned if that kind of thing is going to happen. I saw men from the terreaces hurry towards the sound and heard several more shots in short order. I only found out later that it had been the sound of Hadi killing his family then himself."

King Heydar released a statement for the press stating, "My brother may have done much to harm this country but he was still family and I loved him, I always hoped one day that he would redeem himself however that is now not to be the case. Today I have lost two sisters in law and two nieces. My family is broken and battered but we shall not falter away from our responsibilities to lead Royal Seleucid towards better days."

The King later in the day announced his new cabinet, one of the major surprises was that his 20 year old cousin Prince Danyaal is to become Minister of Urban Development marking the youngsters first official government position. The rest of King Heydar's new cabinet is due to be announced in the coming days when he conveens his first council. It is likely the majority will be made up of members of his circle of friends from his days in the military.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »

FOOD STOCKS NEARING 50% SAYS GOVERNMENT

It was announced today that the nations food stocks are at 50% the level of last year at this point. The news is a welcome report having had months of shortages which have lead to violence around the country. The current levels have been heavily contributed to by foreign nations, especially neighbouring Tamora, Krimeon and Ui Cenneslaig, however many other nations have contributed. Supplies of food are still being kept in unnamed secure locations and guarded by the military however it is hoped that by the end of the month normal supplies will be resumed. The imposition of martial law has helped ensure the security of the food supplies.

King Heydar visited one supply depot and declared himself "delighted with the support and generosity of the international community." He singled out Tamora for particular praise saying, "They not only helped bring food to our nation they opened their home to my people. It is now time for those people to return home and give thanks for the support of our neighbours."  It was later confirmed that the new King has offered Emperor Abbas an official title in Royal Seleucid. "The events of the last week or so have changed the nature of the Seleucid nobility. Our family hold various titles for pockets of land across the nation. Those titles will be given out in due to course to worthy men who have served this country well and supported my family without question. Those criteria extend to Emperor Abbas, thanks to my deceased brothers evil actions we now have ten parcels of land in need of a Sheikh. One such place is just a few miles from the border, a place called Deh Kord. It is has a home giving views across the lands of both nations and I hope the Emperor will accept the title Shiekh of Deh Kord, the Shiekh's Palace and will be a frequent visitor there. I can think of no other way of thanking a man who gave our people a home in their time of need than giving him a home in our land. We Seleucid believe hospitality is important and Tamora showed it greatly, we must now return this."

It is not yet confirmed as to whether Emperor Abbas has accepted the title.

JEWELL OF THE DESERT FESTIVAL TO GO AHEAD AS PLANNED

In May the Jewell of the Desert festival celebrates the exceptional quality and workmanship of the Royal Seleucid jewellrey industry and has been taking place for close to 400 years. Every year hundreds of craftsman from across the Kingdom arrive at the Palace of the Desert where traditionally they would have competed to sell to the royal family. The event soon grew into a gathering of the nobility and wealthy, and soon into a week long gathering of entertainment, luxury and shopping. It has even in recent years seen more and more foreign guests attend as hotels run day trips out to the giant bazaar. The event had been rumoured to be cancelled following the food shortage however with that crisis easing it has been confirmed it will still go ahead, providing a welcome boost for goldsmiths and other craftsman. One of the leading sellers in previous years has been Raif Athakonas who said, "I'm delighted that we will have once more a chance to showcase our wares. I enjoy the festival, the bartering, the excitement. Its always been good fun and we make about 50% of our years profits either directly at the Festival or because of it. I'm hopeful that this year will be a bumper year."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »

OKSANA BIRTH SEES BUSY DAY AT PALACE

Yesterday morning the former wife of King Akakois, Oksana Stasiuk went into labour giving birth by cesearian section soon after. This long anticipated birth set in forth a series of motions that have seen a day of decrees passed by King Heydar.

As soon as the child was born the King ordered a DNA test as speculation has concluded that the child was not Akakois' but rather his son the disgraced Hadi. The results however were rather more surprising as a royal spokesman explained. "The child, a healthy boy, is not in anyway related to King Akakois, it is therefore only possible that Oksana took many men to her bed and as a result we have no idea who the father is, that however is not important as it is clear that this long awaited child is not a member of the royal family." The news soon saw King Heydar pass a series of decrees, the first invalidated the Lodjain noblewomans marriage to King Akakois. This decree stated, "It is clear that Oksana Stasiuk was not a loyal and loving wife as befits the position of Queen of Royal Seleucid, therefore she will be struck from the historical record of our Queen's, she does not deserve to share a title with my Mother and my Sister Mothers. Instead she shall be recorded as simply a courtesan." The move then freed the way for a later decree. "Oksana Stasiuk and therefore her child will be denied the right to call themselves Seleucids, Oksana had assumed our nationality through her now nullified marriage and as such loses the right to citizenship. She must now leave our nation and never return. We shall grant her 14 days, enough time according to medical experts to recover and naturally she may take her bastard child with her. It is only because of the love my father had for her that despite her evils we are not seeking a trial for treason."

Finally the new King decreed that all property and land belonging to the Stasiuk family in Seleucid will be forefit. "The holiday resort they built was granted to them because of misplaced love my father had for Oksana and this allowed him to let the Lodjain whore take advantage of our family. The resort shall now become the property of the government who shall auction it off in the coming weeks to a Seleucid citizen. No Lodjain should profit from disrespecting our royal family." It is expected that Oksana is planning to leave well within the 14 days granted to her by King Heydar.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 09:48:05 PM »

PALACE HOSTS FIRST "CORE CABINET" MEETING

Today King Heydar meet with what he is calling his "Core Cabinet", he has named five Ministers who will fill various portfolios covering what the King believes is the "fundamental daily business of the nation." It is expected that the "Peripheral Cabinet" will be named over the weekend, the King believes these are the portfolios that "provide much needed support to those running the Core Cabinet"

The first of the new Ministers arrived at around 9am and was Hameed Karimi who was appointed the Finance Minister. Mr. Karimi is 45 year old former Naval Staff officer whose family have been involved in the silver industry for some 200 years. The former Naval Officer spent the last few years of his career managing the logistics and planning of the amphibious task force and was described by King Heydar as a "fast thinking, flexibly brained officer who will ensure the sound investments of the family, the nation and use our resources wisely." The new minister has resigned his position with his families silver mining business to concentrate full time on the new role which he described as "a deep honour".

Soon after the new Foreign Affairs Minister, Jahangir Michaelakis arrived via helicopter. The former Air Force Wing Commander was part of a bomber squardon which carried out anti-insuregent operations in the conflict with the Maori. He has travelled extensively and speaks four languages. During his time in the Air Force he was one of those who inducted King Heydar and the two flew many training sorties together. Mr.Michaelakis said, "The duty of a Seleucid is to serve the nation to the best of their ability. I thought my time doing that was coming to an end as my Air Force carrier came to its twilight. I am thrilled that King Heydar now trusts me to serve in this capacity and I shall give it my best. Today is the second proudest of my life after earning my commission."

Firdaus Hussain was named as Home Affairs Minister. The 45 year old is leaving his post as a Lt-Col in the Military Police and is taking up the role as his first position in politics. The King confirmed the decision saying, "In recent times we have had an unstable situation across the Kingdom and things need a firm hand to control them. Firdaus has a reputation for being firm but fair with all those he comes across, it is exactly that kind of style our nation now needs as we begin to make improvements for our nation." The Lt-Col began by saying that he would "ensure that within the next five days those imprisoned for crimes during the recent crisis will have been dealt with. This will mean all judges will be working well beyond their normal hours of business but it is important that we put these crazy days behind us and begin healing as a nation properly."

Education has been marked as a key priority by the new King and Jabbar Saab, an Air Force Squadron Leader has been put in charge of it. The 36 year old served on the same station as King Heydar and was considered by those on the station as a solid officer capable of great organisation. For the last six years he has organised the educational curriculum for those entering the Air Force with no formal qualifications as well as planning the various training syllabus for basic training. Speaking of his new appointment Mr.Saab stated, "The fact the King see's education as vital to the future of the nation is delightful. We will begin making changes soon, first we shall ensure that we are producing highly skilled individuals meeting the nations needs. We shall look at streaming students via exams and then guiding them towards what suits them and us the best. We shall focus on science, engineering and computing, making us eventually the envy of the world."

The final member of the Core Cabinet is the Minister of the Armed Forces, this position was given to Erfan Darzi a Lt-Col in the Army Air Corps. He flew helicopters in the conflict against insurrgent Maori and also at one point was the pilot of King Akakois helicopter. The 47 year old is said to be keen to try and integrate a greater degree of military training into the educational curriculum as well as expanding the armed forces capabilities. It is thought he is also likely to push the military of Ui Cenneslaig to begin allowing patrols by the Seleucid military inside the Celtic Protectorate stating, "The Celts are doing a fine job but the issue is that the Seleucid should be reassured by seeing a Seleucid face." Martial Law is still in effect which means that for the time being Mr.Darzi is also currently in command of the nations police force as well as the military.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2019, 09:38:16 PM »

QUEEN CHRYSSA TO BEGIN "HARD WORK"

Queen Chryssa today made her first statement following her husband, King Heydar's assumption of the throne. The Queen was attending a meeting at a local girls youth centre where girls aged between 11-16 where learning traditional Seleucid crafts when she spoke to the media. "We have a busy few weeks ahead, soon I shall be opening the Palace to the nobility of Seleucid it is neccessary, despite my husbands desire to wait for the nations food stocks to be overflowing, to celebrate his ascension to the throne. We have stores enough now of food to permit a great feast to take place to give hope for his reign. It is also neccessary for him to begin taking other wives. Currently we have a beautiful son in Golzar but the running of a country is a family business and as such Heydar must father the future generation. To those outside Royal Seleucid it would seem strange that here I am as a mans wife urging him to take more wives but I have had the privledge and honour to see just how wonderful a large family can be. My father-in-law was blessed to have three amazing women as wives, supportive and loving of each other bringing up all the King's children as if each were there own. My beloved husband is moulded by that love and is a fine man. I hope my son Golzar can be moulded in a similar way and that means increasing the size of the family. As such Heydar has my support and blessing to take as many wives as he can, I will be helping him as I believe no one can know a woman's true nature better than another woman and I pray Heydar is not blinded by simple beauty as his father was and ended up bringing a viper into the family nest."

The Queen also spoke of her own desire for more children. "Myself and Heydar so far have only one child, his career in the military and his dedication to his deceased father and brother meant he has had little time for his own family. We are now putting that right. I hope that means we can have more children and swell the ranks of the Royal Family, after all many hands make light work." She did however have slight criticism of King Akakois. "Akakois was a sweet man, well meaning and family orientated, as such he has been slow finding people like Princess Thelka a husband. She is now pushing 20 years old and has not a single suitor for her hand, that's bad enough but Princess Afroditti is 25 and still unmarried, the old King was more focused on keeping his family together than ensuring the growth of it. Now I will ensure my husband allows me to find them loving, noble and suitable husbands."

The Queen finally spoke of a future initiative she is working on. "We have on Mundus a large number of organisations fronted by Heads of State and the like. It is often us, the consorts however who are a power behind the throne. While for example my husband is busy with the day to day business of running a nation he has little time for the development of the character of his people. Take today for example, I have had time to come and help promote my nations traditions with young people, encouraging them to keep it alive. I am able to go out and promote and support charities of good causes. We do the hard work to promote the goodness of our partners daily grind. As such I believe a kind of gathering of not the Heads of State but the various consorts of the Heads of State could achieve so many great things and I will be working with my Mother-in-laws to discuss this idea."

It was later confirmed that the Queen would be hosting a 500 person banquet at the Royal Palace at the weekend.

FIRST FULL CABINET MEETING

King Heydar today meet with the cabinet in full for the first time in his reign. The 26 person advisory committee features 20 people who are ex-members of the armed forces, 2 current serving members of the Armed Forces and only one female. For the first time the King has given a seat on the cabinet to the High Priestess of Anahitaism. The King explained the decision saying, "Our nation is one that is heavily influenced by our native religion. As such we must maintain a path that allows this faith to flourish, I need advice in that regard as I am not always the most devout despite my efforts. To have a true and righteous guide in the form of the High Priestess means I am more likely to walk a path to bring the blessings of the Goddess Anahita." The King also sought to reassure those from minority religions, including the Cult of Helus, he did this by appointing Tryfon Bousaid as Minister for Minorities. Mr.Bousaid is a former member of the Army Aviation Wing and was raised in a Cultist family before converting to Anahitaism, furthermore he married a Tamoran woman he meet while on a posting to the Seleucid embassy in Tamora. King Heydar explained, "Tryfon has a rich cultural background, his parents are Cultist, he was raised in their faith before seeing the light and he is married to a Tamoran, his two sons being children of two nations. What better man could be placed in charge of this challenging and important post."

The King also confirmed that within the next six months there would be new elections for the Royal Council. The Royal Council is the nations elected advisory council made up of 200 individuals. Previously they have been elected every ten years but the King explained changes will be made, "Ten years is a lifetime in international affairs. We must make sure the Council is made up of people who are up to the job, well versed in current affairs, patriots and most importantly keen to serve. As such I am issuing a decree that elections will now be conducted at least every five years. The Council shall stay at 200 seats, however 50 of these will be ring fenced for those who have served in the military and a further five will be ring fenced for those following the Cult of Helus. I will be issuing new instructions regarding changes I wish to make to the nations voting system. I believe a new system is in order rather than universally allowing all 16 year olds to vote. At 16 I barely knew anything, we must ensure that all voters are well informed and have the mental clarity and capacity to make wise choices."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 10:19:38 AM »

SENTENCING REFORMS SEE "LEGAL SERVITUDE" INTRODUCED

In the first of two decrees today King Heydar has issued changes to the nations sentencing procedures. The Decree known as the "Legal Servitude Sentencing Decree" gives judges the ability to place a person guilty of a crime that sees "financial loss to an individual or business" placed in a form of servitude until the loss is restored. The Decree states that for any non-violent crime that see's a person inflict a financial loss they will be automatically fined $1000 in addition to the actual loss suffered and any court imposed compensation. The person found guilty of the crime will be permitted to either pay off the sum of money or work for the person or company suffering loss, they will repay the debt at a rate of $10 a day. During the time they are in servitude they will be expected to be fed and housed by the person they are working for. The decree safeguards the safety of those being sentenced by stating they may not be asked to perform any sexual, dangerous or harmful activity. The individual may end their sentence early by paying off the remainder of their penalty or by being released from it by the victim.

The King explained his decision saying. "The world may criticise Tamora for slavery, and while I would not wish to see people enter it generation after generation it can serve as a wonderful tool for teaching people responsible behaviour in society. We see this as restorative justice, you cause someone else a loss you are the one to put it right. It will also ease the burden on our prison system as we will see those committing minor acts such as say car theft forced into a very difficult situation that makes them confront their wrongs. The decision to use this sentence is open now to all judges and I hope they make use of it. Tamora use a similar system for those in debt and I believe they are much more financially responsible than perhaps our own citizens."

IQ TESTS REQUIRED FOR NEW ELECTION

In his second decree of the day King Heydar is to introduce an experiment in democracy. The decree known as the "Liquid Geniusocracy Decree" introduces a hybrid system of several political theories. The King explained his decree in the announcement stating. "For too long we have seen people refuse to take part in the democratic process by distancing themselves from understanding. Research shows that the more intelligent someone is the more likely they are to vote. We also need to ensure, just as we have now done with politicians, that the people understand the deicisons that they are making. As such when you register to vote you will sit an IQ test, those with an IQ of more than 120 will be issued with a licence to vote. Those with an IQ of 119 or less shall be issued with a transferable vote. Those with a voting licence will at election time be permitted to cast their own vote and those of anyone with a transferable vote who has nominated them to be their proxy. As such we shall have only those who are truly able to engage with the deomocratic process and its key issues making the decisions that effect our country. As I looked for ways of solving the political mess our nation has had I found two different systems that have not been tried before, Liquid Democracy, the idea of people being able to trust others with their vote if they feel less capable of making decisions, but that seemed a weak and manipulable situation. Then I found Geniusocracy, the system where only the highly intelligent vote in order to get a government worthy of our nation, however I felt this unfair by denying people a voice. So I have merged the two system, I believe this is a first for Mundus. Whether this is a system we keep for the next 1000 years, or just the next 12 months is yet to be seen. We shall be a crucible for the experiment and who knows, maybe we shall change the face of politics across Mundus."

The move means somewhere between 10-15% of the population will be given a licence to vote.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2019, 12:57:28 AM »

PROFESSOR JAHANGIR'S BOOK BECOMES NATIONAL TEXT BOOK

Respected historian Professor Jahangir has had his History textbook, "The Complete Seleucid Chronicles" selected as the compulsory text book for all children to study. The book has received a small amount of international controversy as it contains no mention of the alleged attrocities carried out in the lands today called the Unified Iwi, which spent close to 250 years under Seleucid rule. Professor Jahangir explained this at a launch of the book among students at a Ipsus High School. "The Maori claim there were widespread attrocoties, but in 250 years over 500,000 Seleucid served in the military in that part of the Empire, three people have been found guilty of war crimes. That means 0.0006% of the soldiers in the occupation, I would not call that systematic. Do we in history teach every single mishap, will the children of Moreland learn of the civilian deaths in Safraen, will the Rokkenjiman children learn of when their nation "accidently" struck a foreign powers power station, or perhaps we'll witness Achkaerin address the evil of their nation being the first to be condemned by the CTO? I doubt these things will be standard educational fare for their students. I don't therefore see why the actions of 0.0006% of our troops warrant being fed to our students. History is about typicality and that is what my book teaches."

Students accessing the new book will begin by learning of life in the 10 Seleucid Kingdoms and the relationship between them before the first of the Soter monarchs forged one nation in 1287. The book will then present a chronological study until the beginnings of the Empire in the 16th Century, it includes a study of the impact of Seleucid maritime trading policies including the clashes with Paracambi. The book then looks at the way the Empire brought prosperity to Ipsus and the coastal cities. The book finishes in 2017 when it explores the coup attempt against King Akakois which resulted in the Cultist genocide.

Some have argued that the book, which is 250 pages long doesn't cover much of the Cultist contributions to the nation with only 8 pages being given to the faith. The Professor explained, "The Cultists are Seleucids, the book is the history of our people. It doesn't at any point have a specific section on the native faith, so clearly it has more on the Cult than it does Anahitaism." King Heydar attended the launch, taking part in a lesson with 30 students from the hosting High School in which they looked at the legacy of King Rahim II from the 17th Century. The King stated, "I enjoyed the lesson, even as an adult I learnt many new things from the Professor and it was very engaging. I am confident that this book, written by one of our great scholars, will help our students make great academic progress as well as appreciate the nation that they come from."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 10:11:48 PM »

MILITARY TO ASSUME POLICE POWERS FOR NEXT SIX MONTHS

Today Police in Ipsus seized a huge stockpile of military grade weapons including assault rifles. The move prompted King Heydar to give the military police powers for the next six months. The move is intended to tackle what the King has declared is " a highly concerning development." The King explained his actions via a decree which read. "The discovery of such an enormous stockpile of weapons is a highly concerning development. Our nation has over the last few years experienced tensions unlike most in Mundus and while we permit weapons ownership we do not permit that unregulated. The fact that someone is stockpiling, either for sale or nefarious use so many weapons is something that needs to be addressed. As this indicates that so many people could be involved, and clearly these people are dangerous I am allocating the military to investigate and neutralise this threat to our national security. As such they will have the ability to arrest, detain and search any individual they believe to be a threat to the peace and stability of the nation."

In total around 600 assault rifles and 18,000 rounds of ammunition were discovered along with a cache of pistols and flashbang grenades. The discovery is just one more in the latest string of an increased in smuggled goods. Over the last few weeks during the food crisis searches also discovered an increased amount of illegal drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other contraband materials. This was in part put down to the fact that during that time period a large increase in the number of random searches of companies and warehouses discovered more than was usual alternatively some believe that the increased naval activity of supply ships bringing aid gave opportunities for other smugglers to bring in their contraband items. It was estimated that around $8.5million in unpaid taxes and duties have been avoided due to the finds.

FORMER LODJAIN RESORT GROUND WORK COMPLETE

The construction of the artificial islands and spits that were funded by the Stasiuk Company, headed by the former Mother-in-Law of King Akakois, has today been completed. While the Lodjain part of the enterprise has since been terminated due to Oksana Stasiuk being exiled from Royal Seleucid the construction had already been largely completed. The plan was for the newly reclaimed territory to be shaped like a palm leaf and be host to an almost entirely self contained holiday resort some 100km east of Ipsus centred around a huge hotel with a 1,500 room capacity including some built underwater around an Aquarium. The project will largely continue in accordance with the original plan as Finance Minister Hameed Karimi explained. "The funds for the majority of the resort were placed in an account of Oksana Stasiuks within Royal Seleucid, when she committed her terrible acts she forfeited all her assets in Royal Seleucid, that money will go ahead with the project as planned and we shall create thousands of jobs at the new resort and create a holiday experience that shall be the envy of Mundus. In addition we shall also be using the unique design of the project to create a new royal palace as well as some residential areas for diplomatic purposes. We are very excited by the project that shall make it Mundus most luxurious and hospitable holiday resort."

It is expected that the construction of the hotel will begin within the next 48 hours.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »

QUEEN CHRYSSA TO NEGOTIATE HUSBANDS MARRIAGE

SHIEKHS DAUGHTER LIKELY BRIDE

The Palace announced today that it is likely King Heydar will take a 2nd wife in the coming weeks. Following a series of social gatherings Shiekh Zacharias Michelakis has been seen spending time with Queen Chryssa with confirmation that the pair are discussing a betrothal between the Shiekh's eldest daughter, 20 year old student Haniyah. One stumbling block however is that four years ago Shiekh Zacharias agreed a betrothal between his daughter and the son of a former Consul. The stumbling block may see the Queen needing to negotiate compensation for the young man should her talks with Shiekh Zacharias prove successful. Legal experts suggest however that the existing agreement is no stumbling block at all as one expert explains. "The King has the power by decree to change laws within the nation. If he truly wishes to marry this woman then he can declare the contract her father has in place invalid. Technically all marriages in the nobility require the Kings consent, however this is rarely sought in today's Seleucid, King Akakois never gave consent and so Heydar has a legal argument to halt the marriage." The traditional contract negotiations will see Shiekh Zacharias demand some form of reward for giving his permission for his daughter to marry, traditionally this is the granting of land, livestock or in the case of royalty some kind of title or high ranking position. The King is likely in return to receive a sum of money, a payment to help the brides new family set up the support her, in the case of royal weddings this has generally either been waived or has seen the money donated to charity.

Haniyah Michelakis is currently studying Media Business Management at Ipsus Ladies University and has just begun a work placement which has seen her head to Krimeon as part of RSTV covering the Football World Cup. The Michelakis family are also heavily involved in sports with Shiek Zacharias owning 75% of Al-Aqda Sports Club as well as being President of the nations Mundus Games Committee. The Shiekh's daughter is described as being a gifted writer, prudent business woman and devout Anahitaist. She was one of 20 bridesmaids at the wedding of Queen Katerina and King Akakois which took place when she was 10 years old. Queen Chyrssa described her as being "the perfect 2nd wife. Young enough to produce many children, beautiful, intelligent but in need of guidance in royal matters, something I would be delighted to offer should myself and her father prove successful in negotiations." Traditionally marriages are negotiated by fathers however with King Akakois dead his son, present King Heydar has given responsibility to his wife who explained the move saying, "It is important the Queens of Royal Seleucid get along, we need to support the King, ensure his children are raised successfully and represent the King, the nation and his interests. Its a time demanding task and the more the merrier. I understand the task and so I am the logical choice to carry out this task."

So far the potential new Queen has yet to make any statement or comment.

F-28 TO BE RETIRED

The F-28 Ventegoj which entered service in 1979 is to be retired in the coming years and replaced by a new multi-role fighter jet. The project which is currently being called the FX Project is set to see three Seleucid engineering companies come together to design what King Heydar has described as "The new back bone of our Air Force for the next 30 years." The Aircraft specification has yet to be released but indications are that the aircraft is expected to be able to strike targets on the ground, launch cruise missiles and act as part of the nations air-defence umbrella. It is also hoped that an export version may be made avaliable once the first of 70 are handed over to the Air Force. King Heydar has also indicated that he is likely to personally approve the aircraft. "In my time in the air-force I have flown every fixed wing aircraft we have, I am excited to see this project come to light, not just because it is an exciting looking aircraft but because it will ensure the future safety of our nation."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2019, 09:24:56 PM »

HANIYAH MICHELAKIS TO BECOME QUEEN

It was confirmed today that Queen Chyrssa has successfully negotiated for her husband King Heydar to marry 20 year old noblewoman Haniyah Michelakis. The Ipsus Ladies University student has just returned from covering the football world cup as part of her placement in the media industry. Queen Chyrssa announced the successful negotiation saying, "Myself and Shiekh Zacharias Michelakis have agreed an arrangement for the wedding of the King and his daughter, additionally I have agreed to compensate her former betrothed." The agreement was, as is tradition displayed in the temple of Anahita attached to the Royal Palace in Ipsus. Reporters immediately flocked to the Temple to read the document which was posted on the Temple's gate. It transpires that Shiekh Zacharias is to pay the royal family $200,000, a figure $50,000 more than the father of Queen Chyrssa paid King Akakois when she married Heydar. In return Shiekh Zacharias will receive 50 camels from the Royal Stables which have in the past produced many champion racing camels additionally he shall receive a 5% share in the new Palm Resort as well as becoming the Nizam of the Royal Colleges, an honorary title that gives a seat on the royal council as well as a sizeable annual pension.

The news of the impending royal marriage was greeted with celebrations across the country and many speculated that the wedding will take place on the same day as the official coronation of King Heydar. The King spoke only briefly of his impending wedding when visiting the military base near the Palace of the Sands. "Haniyah is an excellent find. She is well educated, clever and beautiful. I look forward to us beginning to expand the royal family." Meanwhile the future Queen Haniyah simply said in a short statement released to the media that she was "honoured to have been selected. King Heydar could have had any woman he wishes yet he is giving me the honour of being a Queen of the Seleucid."

ARTISANS PREPARE FOR JEWELL FESTIVAL

The annual Jewell of the Desert festival is closely approaching and artisans across the country are beginning to prepare for the occasion. The festival which lasts a week will see hundreds of craftsman involved in the jewellery trade descend on the Palace of the Sands on the edge of the desert in an attempt to showcase their latest goods to the royal family and those in high society. The festival also sees entertainers set up stages around the festival grounds to provide activities in the evening, in the past this has included camel racing, musical performances and traditional folk dancing. The festival has also in recent years attracted visitors from across the globe, including the Ecclesiastical State whose Pope concluded a deal with King Akakois before reneging on the deal 24 hours later in favour of the Maori. The Lodjains also took part and it was here King Akakois meet and got engaged to his adulteress wife Oksana Stasiuk.

This year in a unique change to the event King Heydar has reminded Emperor Abbas that as he holds a title of nobility in Royal Seleucid he is permitted to invite up to six craftsman with his seal of approval. Traditionally craftsman patronised by members of the nobility are free to display that nobles coat of arms on their stall and may be invited as the display is a sign of their quality. It is therefore likely that Tamoran craftsman may become the first foreigners to be permitted to trade at the festival. Additionally the festival will see several thousand mined and cut diamonds traded between mining companies and jewellers.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »

FIRST CONVICTION TO USE NEW SLAVE PUNISHMENT

Some two months after being introduced a judge has used the new slavery sentence for the first time. King Heydar introduced a law stating that any person who was found guilty of a crime which caused financial loss to a business or individual would be sentenced to an automatic fine of $1000 in addition to a punishment for the crime. The guilty individual will be a slave for the victim and their time counted as $10 a day, once the fine and punishment is repaid the person will get their freedom back. An individual however may avoid slavery by paying the sum in full. Currently 83 people have been sentenced to this new form of punishment but have managed to pay their fines and sentence therefore avoiding the punishment. Today however 22 year old Malak Boulos became the first to begin his sentence. Boulos was found guilty of hacking into a business for whom he used to provide IT support and shutting down their website for 12 hours a crime for which he was fined $1200 meaning that he will now spend 220 days as a slave for the business. The owner of the business, Mustapha Amir, said, "I think the sentence is very fair. We will not be using Mr.Boulos as a slave within our company instead making him collect litter from the area surrounding the complex where our offices are. That way he will be seen to be punished and will also give back to the community."

Mr.Boulos lawyer stated that they felt the punishment was unfair, "Our client will be humiliated in the community which he lives in. We have seen much more serious crimes have the criminal escape punishment. Take the case of the young man last week who had set fire to a garage because he had lost in an illegal street race. He was fined the $1000 and ordered to pay $40,000 to repair the damage and replace the lost items. He came from a rich family and paid there and then. He escaped the shame my poor client has to face." It is expected that a further 200 people will be sentenced using this law over the next two weeks as people arrested during the recent famine have trials for a wide variety of crimes including looting, arson and theft.

PRINCESS THELKA TO MARRY TAMORAN PRINCE

At the Jewel of the Desert festival it has been confirmed that King Heydar and Emperor Abbas have concluded negotiations for the marriage of Princess Thelka of Royal Seleucid and Prince Jamshaid of Tamora. Details of the wedding date are yet to be released however Princess Thelka's mother Yanna has stated, "It is an exciting time for me. My daughter in my view should have married before now but her father wished to wait for the perfect match. Sadly he is not alive to see that today his son has secured exactly that. We have long seen the Tamorans as cousins and neighbours, now we will forever be actual family. This is good news for the people of both nations as well as our families." Thelka spent some time in Tamora earlier this year and many are now speculating that Tamoran royal family may have taken a shine to her during that time.

The wedding contract is not fully disclosed yet however it is confirmed that King Heydar will be given a title connected to the Tamoran nobility. King Heydar is set to become the Duke of South Markazi, it was confirmed that King Heydar will have his official engagement ceremony in his new Dukedom where it is understood that the substantial Anahitaist population are lacking a significant religious site. King Heydar confirmed this saying, "I am honoured to think I shall become the Duke of South Markazi, it is a land I know little of at the moment but I am surrounding myself with books to change that. One of my first points of duty as a Duke will be to build a Temple complex in the area and at the point of blessing the site I shall have my marriage to Haniyah Michelakis officially contracted. As such I will be making her Duchess of South Markazi once we are married." King Heydar's current wife Queen Chyrssa already possesses several titles ranging from Shaykhah to Šovâlye of various towns, cities and villages across Royal Seleucid meanwhile the future Queen Haniyah posses no formal title.

Some however have opposed the wedding as it will likely mean that the Princess will turn her back on the Anahitaist faith. This was something King Heydar addressed saying, "Any Princess marries for two reasons. The first naturally is love, Prince Jamshaid is a good man and I firmly believe my sister will be madly in love soon and live a long and happy life in Tamora. The second reason is to cement family ties, it is family that will outweigh everything and as the Tamoran and Seleucid blood become one in Thelka and Jamshaid's offspring the religious questions can be left to those children's conscience."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »

NEW QUEEN GIVES FIRST INTERVIEW

Haniyah Michelakis is the 20 year old future Queen of Royal Seleucid. It is expected that in roughly two months time she will marry King Heydar and become his second wife. She recently visited Radio Ipsus to give her first interview as she faced questions from both the presenters and the general public.

How did you react when you were informed your father had arranged for you to marry King Heydar?

I thought it was a joke. I was away on a University placement with RSTV covering the World Cup in the Krimeon. I was also already engaged in a way but we'd not had our ceremony for betrothel yet so I knew things could change. When father phoned me up I just assumed he was being silly as there had been rumours in the press that Queen Chyrssa was seeking a new wife for her husband. When I finally believed my father I was shocked. I felt sad for Tamas who I was expecting to marry. I hope he finds a sweet girl, he deserves to be happy.

Will there be competition between you and Heydar's first wife, Queen Chyrssa?

I hope not. I know people who are second, third or even forth wives. I got to meet Queen Yanna at the Jewel of the Desert festival and she was Akakois' middle wife. She says its more like having a sister for most of the time. She says only occasionally did the three wives of Akakois fall out but never for long. I hope it can be like that with me and Chyrssa after all we will need to be a team to support our King. I've no sisters so in many ways I'm excited to finally have one. I suspect Heydar will take more wives as well as its important to enlarge the Soter family and so that's going to be a neccessity. I enjoyed my meeting with Chyrssa so I hope I've made a good first impression there.

Why do you think the King chose you to be his wife?

I'm a realist, I know my age will have played a large part. He wants more children and at the age of 20 I can have many I hope. I also know it was not his decision, he kind of passed the responsibility onto Queen Chyrssa and she believes I'm a good match for him. He clearly trusts her. We've meet face to face now and he was very kind, very sweet and attentive. I suspect as well the way I look played a part. I'm not vain but I've heard the media talk about me and I think my looks will have helped Chyrssa assume Heydar will like me, but I pray its more than that.

How will you be helping your husband to run the country?

I don't know really. I hope it will be bringing up a large family for him so that he is free to focus on the business of making us a stronger nation. I have a lot of experience now with the media after working at University with local media sources as work experience and also being a part of RSTV's World Cup reporting team. Perhaps that media experience can be of use to him. He's much older, wiser and experienced than me with statecraft so naturally I'll play whatever supporting role I'm destined to play.

Its a busy time for weddings in the Soter family. What do you think of Thekla's wedding?

I don't really know Thekla, we've not really had chance to meet. I'm happy for her, she gets to have a good husband from a nation that are friends of ours. She's playing a vital role in our nation and she should be proud. I will hopefully have chance to get to know my Sister-in-Law before her big day and I'd love to be a part of it if I'm allowed. I love weddings and there events you can't help but be happy at.

What would your thoughts be in Heydar took a foreign wife like the Tamoran Prince is, or like his father did?

We trust our King to make the right decisions. Occasionally like anyone they may make mistakes. I think marrying a foreigner isn't an issue, if he took a Tamoran bride I'd have no issues. The problem wasn't a foreign bride it was the nation from which she came. Lodjain women worship a Goddess obsessed with sex, their faith tells stories of how there were once many Gods and Goddesses but one by one Sessifet destroyed them, sometimes with violence but more often than not with seduction. I think that should tell everyone exactly what they need to know about that faith and that nation. A bride from a nation that knows about good virtue and morals, I mean like the Alanders who believe in a very honourable way of life, that would be fine with me if it fitted my King's desires and needs.

You spoke a lot about the Lodjain faith there, you clearly know a lot about foreign faiths.How important is religion in your life?

I find religion fascinating. Even the faiths I don't find any truth in I find their stories fascinating. I mean I follow Anahitaism with my heart, body and soul, but I think we can see bits of worthy teachings in most faiths. At school I knew a few Cultists and their story of a small band of humans fighting overwhelming odds and overcoming evil through bravery and dedication to their Gods is inspiring. Do I believe there was once this great battle, no, but it can teach us a lot about how to live our lives. I think though our faith is the one most fitting as it teaches us directly and head on to tackle the evils of this world such as poverty, hunger, thirst, loneliness and homelessness. Its the most perfect guide for making a better Mundus for us all and is that not the purpose of existence? I've tried doing that in my life to date, not always successfully but once I become Queen I will hopefully have much more I can channel into these aims.

We've spoken a lot about your future but the people want to know you better. What would you say your passions are?

I loved being involved with the Football World Cup, and father owns 51% of a football team. I've been around the sport for a while now and had this marriage not come up I suspect I'd have ended up running the media section of Al-Aqda Sports Club. We're a sporting family and I enjoy swimming and used to play a little volleyball at University but kind of ran out of time. I'm also an animal lover. I know the King has a large menagerie of animals at the Palace and I look forward to getting to know them all. We've also got the new Palm development that I think will have some aquatic life there in a marine centre. I'd love to swim with a Dolphin.

It is expected that the future Queen will have her betrothal ceremony in South Markazi which the King has been promised as part of the marriage negotiation.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 10:25:09 PM »

KING VISITS FAMINE ORPHANS

King Heydar today paid an official visit to an orphanage in Aqda to see the work being undertaken by the Anahitaist Temples in the city. The city was the first to be hit during the recent famine and an estimated 5,000 people died directly because of food shortages or the riots that took place in the aftermath. It is estimated that around 120 children became orphans during the crisis in the city alone and around 600 across the whole nation. The King was joined in this visit by Wilholm Queen Katerina, Queen Chyrssa and his future wife Haniyah Michelakis who was accompanied by her father. The five members of the royal party spent time looking at the facilities used to help support the children as well as taking part in lessons, craft activities and sporting events. The first act of the King however was not in the orphange but rather at the Temple which is located next door. There the King was witnessed kneeling before the Priestess and touching her feet with his forehead. Those attending the visit heard the King ask for blessings to be given to his father and asked for Anahita's forgiveness saying, "As a loyal soldier of Royal Seleucid I should have served Anahita better. It was my duty to ensure no harm befalls any of my nations people and I failed. Now I ask the Goddess to help guide me as I shoulder the responsibility of a whole country and pray she grants me the wisdom to ensure no Seleucid ever feels the pain of hunger again."

Following the time at the Temple the King was seen enjoying the company of the children at the orphanage and even gave a lesson to some older students in physics as they were learning about aeronautics. The King made reference to his experience as a combat pilot and afterwards said, "Teachers have my upmost respect. Its hard, to stand in front of just ten students and try and impart complex knowledge. Its difficult. We have a duty to prepare these young people for the future and science is a key part of that, I just don't think they'll do so well in their exams based on just my input." The King also joined in a sing along where he was seen comforting a young girl who was tearful.

Queen Chryssa was also present and said after, "My husband is a man who loves family as much as he does his nation. He's a great father and what father wouldn't try and comfort any child. Soon we pray we will welcome more children into the Soter family." One of the main surprises of the visit was caused when the King presented the Priestess responsible for running the orphanage with a key to the Water Palace explaining, "Our most noble aim in life is to wipe out hunger, poverty, homelessness and loneliness. Priestess Karmella has done just that with her work. The children here and her deserve to be spoilt so it is my hope her and the children will enjoy a week at the Palace as a treat, while they are there we will be upgrading the Orphanage here and looking at doing likewise across the nation." The King also announced that all 650 or so Famine Orphans would be given free University education when they reach University age and would receive the equivalent as a gift should they wish to not attend University.

MILITARY DEVELOP BACTERIA RUNWAYS

The Royal Seleucid Air Force today unveiled the latest scientific advancement and it wasn't a jet. The Air Forces Construction Squadron were tasked with a method of making runways in places lacking heavy equipment and readily avaliable building materials incase of national emergencies. The Squadron have spent the last 18 months developing various prototypes before settling on one which seems to be feasable within a few months.

The Squadron have utilised part of the desert as a test bed and built a large wooden frame measuring 400meters by 200 meters into which they placed a half meter depth of sand. They then spent the next week spraying the sand in the frame every day with a mixture of water, bacteria and nutrients. Soon the bacteria had begun to make calcium carbonate crystals that bind the sand grains together, resulting in a durable surface that may be capable of landing aircraft. Wing Commander Jakare of the Construction Squadron said, "We believe that the wooden frame is actually surplus to requirements for making this work. We can airlift into an area water tanks pre mixed with the liquid bacteria and nutrients and just spray the desert. The bacteria is not harmful and actually we think within 6 months if the spraying stops the stuff will just break down. It would mean that if push comes to shove we can within 7 days make a fully functioning runway or hard surface anywhere in the world. Naturally we need to test further to see what happens from repeated impacts from an aircraft landing but the technology could be extremely useful in places like Royal Seleucid or even Kaitaine."

It is expected that the Air Force will attempt to build a working runway next month in the desert using the technology.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »

THE PALM OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Yesterday the Grand Royale Hotel on the ambitious Seleucid Palm opened for business. The 1,500 room hotel was started by the Stasiuk family from Lodja however following the adultery of former wife of King Akakois the project was forefitted to the government. The Palm project sees a series of artificial islands built off the coast in the shape of a giant palm tree, each arm of the tree being developed for a variety of leisure and residential purposes, with one arm going to the Tamoran royal family. The first of the residential projects was completed several weeks ago however the Grand Royale Hotel is one of the marquee projects.

The new hotel is owned 70% by the Soter family with 15% being held by a fund for the public and 15% by private investors from Royal Seleucid. The new hotel saw the King as one of its first guests with King Heydar hosting a private function for his old Air Force Squadron in one of the seven unique restaurants. The King also took a tour of the hotel including watching a giant fireworks display from the roof terrace where cocktails were served until 2am. The hotel is set to slowly expand its operations over the next three weeks as explained by its Manager. "We have around 1,000 bedrooms but we are more than aware that we will have some bugs to iron out and so would prefer to slowly expand our operations to ensure our guests have the most enjoyable experience possible. We aim to have the Grand Royale become the greatest hotel on Mundus, when people think luxury, fine dining, pampering and glamour then they should think of the Grand Royale."

The hotel is features its own water park, including a Beluga Whale from Nya Aland, a unique underwater suite, spas, gyms, its own cinema and even a go-kart track. It is also confirmed that one of the top floor suites will be permanently reserved for Royal use. King Heydar saying, "Sometimes we welcome guests from abroad but sadly their needs mean staying at the Palace is not always desirable. Now we have a beautiful alternative that can give them palace living in a beautiful environment. I may also use the suite from time to time myself." It is expected over the next month various other facilities on the Palm will open including a zoo which is currently stocking itself with animals from across Mundus.

KING UNHAPPY WITH SUPPORT FOR "OCCUPATION"

It is understood that at the Jewel of the Desert Festival King Heydar asked the visiting members of the international community to send observers to the Celtic Protectorate in order to observe the conditions there. King Heydar believes that the recent reforms of imposing martial law across Royal Seleucid, empowering the army to search for unlicenced weapons and supporting religious co-operation that the prescence of the Cenneg military is no longer neccessary. "My father signed an agreement with the Cenneg government that states the Protectorate must exist for 10 years or until all sides agree their is no longer a need for it. I believe that time has come, or is at least very close. While the Cenneg have been useful watchman of this area my fear is that without outside eyes viewing the situation they may be content to run down the clock on this agreement. My father gave his word, Soter's stand by their word and so I must honour his wishes. The international community however just turned its back. All I asked for was for them to send neutral officials to visit the area, speak with my citizens. We aimed to hide nothing and encouraged an in depth investigation. Instead the world do not care that their is an occupation where one need not exist in my view."

The Protectorate still follows Seleucid laws but these are enforced by the Ui Cenneslaig military who through an appointed Governor-General also ensure the various policies on education, health care and other social polices are followed. The King visited the Protectorate just a few days ago and was greeted by many of the Cultist majority who make up the population of the region. The King also visited a shrine to the Cult's God Helus and gifted a dagger to the Temples Priestess. The King said, "Seleucid's follow various religions, yes most share my faith, but so long as you are a law abiding and loyal subject your soul is your own business. The Cultists have nothing to fear from me, I flew food aid operations during the recent famine into Cultist areas, if I was a prejudice man surely I would have diverted those supplies, but no."

The King did not reveal the names of those who refused to send observers only saying, "They will have to live with the knowledge that they are holding bias' against a nation that has changed significantly over the last few years. Their lack of respect for the work we have done is a disgrace."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »

KING INTRODUCES NEW ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION LAWS

Today King Heydar has introduced a series of new laws designed to protect the environment of major cities. The laws come into force at midnight on Sunday and have been seen by many as being rather draconian.

The first law makes it illegal for an individual to drop any litter in public. While this was previously punished by on the spot fines in some areas of cities it is now to be expanded to all public spaces and will result in arrest. Last year some 54,323 fines were issued for the dropping of litter and the average fine was $40. Under the new law the nations judges may now be able to pass sentences on anyone found guilty of up to $100 and a weeks community service. The King stated in his decree, "Our nation is a Holy Land, our soils and waters a gift from the divine, we must not allow anyone, for any reason to damage them and this will make individuals responsible for ensuring our nations stays beautiful."

The next new law will make it illegal to use certain types of portable cooking devices in public. The various markets and bazaars across the nation utilise portable camping equipment to help serve street food and coffee. The new law ensures that all those using them in publically approved markets and bazaars must use gas canisters and not wood or parafin stoves. The new law is designed to help improve safety in these areas as in the past there have been examples of parafin and wood fires getting out of control. The King explained his reasoning for this new law saying, "Gas stoves are controllable they can give instant heat and are more efficent. If we are to help save the environment then we need to produce less carbon, wood fires use a sustainable fuel source for sure however they still release carbon and the fires must be constantly burning, gas is clearly more useful for the markets." Anyone not complying with the new law will be arrested, their business closed for two days and potentially face a fine of up to $1000.

Further new laws will see cars monitored for their sound levels. Under the new law any car making a noise level over a set amount will be deemed illegal. Any car found to be breaking the new laws will be impounded for a week and a fine of up to $1000 may be issued. Additionally news laws also make it an arrestable offence for dogs to be off leashes in parks, flowers in parks to be damaged, rubbish bags to be left overnight on the street and people must now recycle all glass. The new measures will according to the King, "create cleaner streets, a safer environment and a better future for our children. It is vital that we start taking measures to make our ever growing cities a safer and greener place. We have seen large scale growth in some cities over the last 24 months and now what may seem as draconian measures need to be introduced to ensure that people learn the habits that they need to ensure the good order of cities like Ipsus and Anjir."

A full list of the new laws can be found on the official government website rseleucid.gov.org.rs

NASIB METAXAS NAMED GAMES CAPTAIN

Eight time national gymnastics champion Nasib Metaxas has been named the captain of Royal Seleucid's Mundus Games team. The 32 year old floor specialist has indicated this is likely to be her final major competition and hopes to end her 20 year career on a high. The team have meet with the Soter family before heading to New Derusima ready for the Games where King Heydar presented Metaxas with a ceremonial gold chain. The King explained, "We have dabbled in international sport but never really pushed ourselves. We must approach this like a warrior heading into battle, with that in mind in times of old the King's Generals wore gold chains, Nasib is like our General taking our sporting heroes into a battle of sporting excellence. She has served our nation as a fine role model for young sports people and I wish her and the team well."

Nasib Metaxas entered the National Sporting Academy at age 11 following a programme by respected gymnast and 6 time national champion Prokopios Tehrani's "Dance Discovery" programme. In 1998 the retiring Therani was concerned about the falling numbers of people taking up the sport of gymnastics and determined that the Ucid communities love for traditional dancing could see a lead in to rhythmic gymnastics. It was from this uptake that many were then streamed into traditional gymnastics and among these was a then young Nasib Metaxas. Therani, who is today a coach in the national team, was at the presentation and said, "Its great to see that we have hundreds of gifted youngsters coming through. Nasib was a pioneer for us and has inspired many of her Ucid community to take up the sport by that has also spilled over into the Selec community excited by her achievements." The nation currently has 122 students at the National Academy of Gymnastics which was set up to further the sports pool of talent. Tehrani is also a teacher of Citizenship at this school which has produced 75% of the current National team.

King Heydar says that he believes sport must be promoted more in the nation. "We're a nation with some proud traditions and heritage. I want to create more, I want us to become a strong nation. We have begun to become stronger with our economic diversification, we are becoming stronger in terms of ingenuity and now we must begin to create new traditions, one of health and fitness across all sectors. We need to see our athletes become a sporting powerhouse and whether we come back hung in medals or simply having done our best we shall sit down and make a nation wide plan to ensure the 2020 games are even better for us."

The King also hinted at a potential bid for the 2020 games saying. "Midaranye is a region that has been denied major sporting events. If we're going to get our young people more active then we need to surround them with sport. What could be better than bringing major sporting stars here. Maybe our nation and Tamora can look together at putting on an event that will make us the envy of the sporting world and showcase the fact our region is the most co-operative on Mundus."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2019, 12:06:12 AM »

KING HAS BETROTHAL CEREMONY IN TAMORA

King Heydar yesterday had his official betrothal ceremony to Haniyah Michelakis in what is set to become his new Ducal seat. The ceremony which was witnessed by all the members of the Soter family as well as the Michelakis family and the Tamorian Imperial family including the Emperor himself. The ceremony took place in a region of West Seleucid where King Heydar will become the Duke of South Markazi meanwhile he has confirmed that his new wife shall become Duchess of South Markazi. The ceremony did not take place however in a Temple as the region is yet to have a major place of worship so in an act of symbolic importance King Heydar had an open air ceremony at a site where he intends to build the new Temple at a point where a natural spring surfaces. Speaking as he waited for the arrival of his wife to be  the King said, "The people of our Anahitaist faith here have longed for a real place of worship worthy of the Goddess, yes they have their small shrines and Temples but I want the Goddess to see just how proud her people are of her and at this point a Temple of great beauty shall spring forth just like this water." He announced that the Temple will be capable of holding some 2,000 worshippers in a hall as well as additional spaces outside. The Temple shall be called the Haniyah Temple after the future Queen of Royal Seleucid and Heydar also confirmed that its overseer responsible for making sure it is built as required shall be Whilom Queen Katerina who said, "I am determined this Temple shall be the first of many my son constructs to show the greatness of the Goddess. It's an exciting time."

The new Queen arrived accompanied by her father and siblings at which point they recieved a blessing of fresh water from a Priestess whose feet the bride to be then knelt and touched her forehead to. The bridal party then greeted the King who likewise knelt to receive the Priestesses blessing. The Priestess then gave each of the witnesses a small glass of water which they filled from the spring before giving to the King who drank before tipping the glass for his future wife to drink from. After each glass had been drained it was broken and will be used to make decorations for the wedding. At that point Haniyah was officially given into the keeping of the Soter family when a single lock of her hair was cut off by King Heydar and handed to the monarchs next of kin Whilom Queen Samira Soter. Haniyah will now reside with the Soter family for the next two weeks prior to the ceremony which will take place in the Temple of the Royals in Ipsus.

The King also took gifts for his sister Thelka who is due to also marry in the near future. He presented his sibling with a new harp and has instructed the National Youth Choir, which Thelka, was once part of to compose a new piece for the couple.

Following the ceremony the new Ducal couple spent time touring their future lands where they meet many of their residents. The King found time to visit a local military veterans club where he enjoyed a tea with several former Tamoran Air Force Officers. King Heydar said, "Our uniforms may have been different but these men know about serving their nation in the skies and its always fun to share stories with fellow pilots. The King also found time to address some recent foreign news. "It has been brought to my attention that a member of the Nyx government has recently spoken to the Xaeth Delegates. She speaks of Midaranye and its wealth disparity, yes this is the case but it is not one nothing is being done about. We find ourselves oil rich in this region and much has been done to utilise this. We are creating jobs on an unprecedented scale, first the Seleucid Palm project, the construction of which created thousands of jobs, then the many more jobs created by the new lesuire facilities there thus beginning the diversiifcation of the Seleucid economy. Next we shall soon the joint creation between ourselves and Tamora of what we hope will be the worlds largest Gigafactory, a factory making electrical batteries for cars, again creating thousands if not tens of thousands of highly skilled, and thus better paid jobs than currently available. While many parts of the world expect things to be handed to them on a plate the people of Midaranye work hard for improving their lives. Ascendent Natrax however is correct in her assessment of Aranye being a complex continent with numerous issues. Midaranye though has the potential to see through that, we have seen Tamora and Royal Seleucid form a level of international co-operation unparalleled across Mundus. This could easily be expanded, not east naturally, but North and even west. From Xaeth in the Matilda Canals to our own coastline and North to the Gulf of Safraen we have potential for great co-operation but first we must cease attacking our own people. The Pharoah of Clysperies regularly takes to her computer abusing subjects of my nation, how can I work with a woman who calls 7million of my loyal subjects, take for example her saying "one day an aspect of your culture is the price, the next your bowing down before Helus." I served with Helusian members of the Seleucid military, brave men who were willing to shed their blood to defend Seleucid, men betrayed for a short time by my fathers weakness and over trust of men who should have known better. I am seeking to build their confidence in a land they have existed in since the late 13th Century, yet a Midaranyan neighbour attacks their faith. These subjects of mine are not part of any Helusian Empire nor shall they ever be. They have a safe home here in Midaranye despite what a Pharoah may make them think. If we are to achieve our potential we must build up our citizens not pull them down. Midaranye, this continent within a continent can and will be the next great powerhouse of Mundus, myself and Emperor Abbas shall ensure that, if the Ascendant wishes to follow a policy of Aranye First then Midaranye is where that can be built upon."

Some commentators believe the speech was aimed at showing that Heydar is keen to reassure the significant minority of Cultists living in Royal Seleucid of their long term security following the threats made against them during the recent famine and the less recent but still fresh in the memory genocide which saw several hundred thousand killed.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2019, 08:12:53 PM »

OPEN "GIGAFACTORY" BEGINS CONSTRUCTION

The Oil (and Gas) Producing Exporting Nations (OPEN) group have today broken ground on what is thought to be Mundus largest "Gigafactory". A Gigafactory is a production facility designed entirely to produce rechargeable car batteries. The facility is being built on the border of Royal Seleucid and Tamora, the two founding members of the economic group. The factory is expected to employ around 3,000 people with half drawn from each of the two founding members and when completed is hoped to be capable of producing enough energy cells to power around 500,000 cars a year. The exact ownership structure of the new facility is not known except a spokesman said, "The factory is not owned by any car producing company. We aim to be able to create vast numbers of energy cells compatible with the majority of electric vehicles out on the market and likely to be on the market in the next few years. The Gigafactory is owned by a multi-national consortium with around 25% of the total shares being owned by Royal Seleucid where the Soter family own 18%. Of Royal Seleucid's 25% a further 2% is owned by the Anahitaist Priesthood and a further 2% by the Temple of Helus in Ipsus. The King will randomly distribute the remaining 3% to citizens of Royal Seleucid." The King determined to give the two religious groups shares that are ring fenced for "Charitable purposes within the borders of Royal Seleucid"

This is the first joint investment project of OPEN and shows a diversification of the oil rich Midaranyan economy. It also shows an ever deepening level of co-operation between Tamora and Royal Seleucid. The factory is due to open sometime in the new year as most of its construction will use pre-fabricated parts.

QUEEN CHRYSSA TO ORGANISE "FAMILY VALUES CELEBRATION"

Queen Chryssa has announced that once King Heydar has married she will be working with the new Queen to organise a "Family Values" celebration. The announcement comes as the Queen says she is concerned about the "liberalisation of the family unit" during a visit to an orphanage. During the visit she spoke at length about giving children a family environment. "A child should grow up with three things beside the basic necessities of life. They should know a strong female role model, a strong male role model and have a faith that gives them a clear moral compass. Sadly across Mundus we are seeing children betrayed as we see nations compromise long traditions to appease the liberal agenda. Children are being brought up in single sex families, or with only a single parent which means they are missing out on moral capital. We have recently seen New Derusima hold a celebration of the LGBT community, but where is the celebration of strong families? We must do more to ensure all children grow up prepared for the Mundus of the future and sadly we are making children weaker because of this "Offend no-one, please everyone" culture."

The exact details of the event have not yet been released.

CELTIC PROTECTORATE "LAGGING BEHIND" IN NEW LAWS

With King Heydar recently passing a series of laws designed to ensure markets and bazaars were more environmentally friendly a review by this publication has discovered that many of the new laws are lagging behind in their enforcement.

While visiting the Protectorate our reporters saw a number of Ui Cennesliag soldiers, who are tasked with enforcing Selecuid laws, ignoring such incidents as litter dropping. Under the new law anyone found to be dropping litter can be fined $100 and given a weeks community service however to date only one person in the Protectorate has been arrested under this new law. We even showed soldiers film footage of someone dropping litter and they refused to arrest them. Meanwhile the law which stated that all market stall owners must no longer use parafin or wood burners if preparing food. We saw numerous cases of wood fired cooking, including at one stall making lamb kebabs where one of the customers was a Cenneg Army Sergeant. Finally noise levels made by cars are expected to be below a certain level and despite our reporters asking ten groups of soldiers on patrol not a single one was carrying any equipment to monitor the sound levels.

The discovery of this is compared to Ipsus where 303 fines have been issued for littering and sixteen stall owners fined for using the wrong type of stoves. Many of the various road junctions in Ipsus now have seen random police points equipped with sound level equipment. The difference in enforcement levels is set to further influence King Heydar's determination that the Celtic Protectorate would be better served if fully back under Seleucid control.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »

KING FLIES " JUST ONE MORE SORTIE"

It was revealed today that King Heydar has recently flown a military sortie while visiting an Air Force base in the south of the country. The news comes after days of speculation that while the King was visiting a passenger plane had gone off RADAR and was not responding to emergency calls, the bases fighter squadron scrambled to search for the aircraft and eye witnesses on the base spotted the King clambering into a reserve aircraft to join the sortie. The King joined the Air Force at the age of 18 and served nearly 20 years on flying duties. During his military career he amassed time on almost all of the nations fixed wing aircraft including the F- 30 Tajfuno which responded. The Palace had initially not commented on the rumours that had emerged out of the Air Force base however today the King has confirmed it happened saying, "It was just one more sortie, probably my last. I was there on a base listening to the Air Traffic Controllers going about their business when the incident came in. Situations like this I know you need every pilot airborne as its a big sky to search. They had a reserve aircraft sat with no pilot so what was I supposed to do."

It was later revealed that the aircraft in question, a small private airliner carrying 30 people had experienced a sudden cabin depressurisation and this had damaged their radio and caused them to descend in the mountainous East of the country meaning they momentarily dropped off RADAR, no one was hurt during the incident. The King praised the response saying. "Within seconds of a potential threat to our airspace we had 12 aircraft in the sky heading towards the incident. It fills me with confidence that should this have been some attack on our nation our air force is more than prepared to answer the threat with every available means."

The bases commanding officer Group Captain Rabazi said, "King Heydar may on paper be three ranks lower than me in terms of the Air Force but at the end of the day he pays for the aircraft, if he wants to fly one he gets to fly it. He's a service record second to none and did a fine job as part of the response team." The King has spoken in the past about finding it hard transitioning to a life outside the military saying.

"Its hard to think when I get up in a morning that I don't have to make my bed. Its a habit though and my wife often finds it the case that as I depart for work I'm trying to make a bed around her. I enjoy the fact I get to spend more time with my wife and son but I do miss the comradeship of the pilots duty room."

"RESPECT FOR THE LAW OF THE LAND VITAL" SAYS KING

During a speech given today at the National Academy for Law Studies the King spoke about his rather unique recent situation. A Tamoran court in West Seleucid found Royal Seleucid citizen Stergios Arvanitotis guilty of breaking and entering. Under Tamoran law King Heydar in his capacity as Duke of South Markazi he could have intervened and theoretically have overuled the court. Mr.Arvanitotis was expected to be sold into slavery in order to fulfil his sentence. The King in his capacity as Duke however determined a different path as he explained to those about to commence studies at the prestigious Academy. "Respect for the law of the land is vital, once it is seen that fairness and due process have taken place we must respect that outcome and the decision of the judge. In this case Mr.Arvanitotis admitted his guilt of a crime brought about by desperation, but this is still a crime. He stole food to feed his starving family, it is a tough decision. He was however in a country that had cast its doors open to help him and his family and his actions were a slap in the face of that hospitality. I appreciate that his victim went above and beyond common decency, not only did he not seek compensation but he helped Mr.Arvanitotis family, I wish to thank this man for his kind spirit. It was my decision therefore to uphold his sentence however the man has a young family and is a Seleucid citizen in need. Therefore funds have been raised by my sister Princess Afroditi to pay the 40 thousand dinars/usd. This pays off the debt Mr.Arvanitotis owes the Tamoran government and halts him from going into slavery. He still is a convicted criminal and will be expected to pay back that 40,000 through voluntary work. This way his family have their father home yet he will still face a punishment for his crimes. This is what justice should be, fair to the need for victims to see justice done, fair to the innocent victims such as Mr.Arvanitotis young family but above all respectful of the fair and just processes of Tamoran law."

The King spoke later in his speech about contrasts to this, "We see across Mundus systems unlike that which we have taken part with regarding Tamora. Look at the Maori, their kangeroo courts don't even have the most basic respect for legality. Once they reach their pre-determined verdict after show trials featuring illegally ceased victims they hand down brutal death sentences. As you go and study today at this fine institution think that it is your duty to ensure that the practice of legal process is done fairly, and justly. You can be Maori, or you can be Tamoran. You can brutally club and poison people to death in vengeance for them being born the wrong nationality, or you can show love and compassion like the victim of Mr.Arvanitotis. Think of how nicer Mundus would be if we had more people like that Tamoran farmer."

It was later revealed that the King in his capacity as Duke is paying the farmers taxes for the next ten years and has set up a fund to help pay for the families education. Additionally the King has named the farmer an official "Supplier of Food to the Court of the Royal Seleucid Royal Family", such titles are often given to craftsman and producers and during events such as the Jewel of the Desert festival bring great prestige. The King explained the decision saying, "I have a home to stock with food now in West Seleucid. I would rather ensure my money goes to a man with a large heart. A man who shows such care to others is sure to be a fine farmer and that's the kind of business I wish to support."

The King has also requested the farmer allow his son Prince Golzar to work on the farm for a week once the King marries in a few weeks time. "My family have no real roots in South Markazi yet. My 12 year old son is slowly becoming a man and needs to be shown just what a life of privilege he has been given. I was never afforded such a thing by my father and so when I joined the military at 18 it was a rude awakening. My son can not be allowed to get away thinking life is all Palaces, parades and comfortable living. Rest assured by the time he becomes King in many decades he will have a full understanding of the lands he will inherit. Getting some Tamoran soil on his hands is the first step. Once he returns I will be signing him up for the Air Cadets, he may not choose a career in the military like I did but he will appreciate their skills and dedication. Lastly we will not make the mistake my father did in often focusing on his own marriages and thus inadvertently neglecting mine and my sister's marriages. I have asked his mother to begin looking for a bride for him already. By the time he is 18 and of marriageable age I want him paired and everything in place. There was a time the Soter family had close to a 100 members, today we are nowhere near that and this families good name must be expanded."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »

FORMER AIR FORCE BASE TO BECOME "MIDARANYE FTZ"

A former Air Force base just outside the city of Marvar in the North West of the country has been announced as being ear-marked into being transformed into a Free Trade Zone. The former airbase which was home to a fighter squadron, a bomber squadron and a central hub for transport aircraft will utilise its large hanger network, maintainence facilities and various other facilities to become a manufacturing hub as well as an onward transportation centre. The decision will help create jobs in an area traditionally dominated by the agricultural sector. The Midaranye Free Trade Zone will allow any company to bring in materials or goods without paying any form of import tax and should those materials then be used to help manufacture more than 30% of a finished good within Midaranye it will be permitted to leave without paying any additional taxes. The facility will also feature the ability for companies to set up manufacturing centres there as well as the base having excellent highway connections with the rest of Royal Seleucid and further afield into Midaranye.

The move was announced by Finance Minister Hameed Karimi  who said, "This gives an excellent inroad into Midaranye for so many businesses across Mundus. For goods requiring speedy transit this is an excellent facility and will utilise existing infrastructure allowing companies from abroad to develop a presence in an exciting region of Mundus relatively cheaply. I believe that our neighbours in the region will also see benefits as they are now capable of utilising this as an entrance and exit route for products needing speedy air travel. It will come into its own once the Gigafactory opens and begins production"

It is expected that the residential blocks can be converted into living facilities for workers at the various facilities that would open there.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 09:10:15 PM »

ROYAL WEDDING CELEBRATION

Yesterday there was celebration across the nation as King Heydar took his second wife, Haniyah Michelakis. The 20 year old now becomes both Queen of Royal Seleucid but also the Duchess of South Markazi following the land being given to King Heydar by the Tamoran Emperor. The Wedding took place at the Shrine at the Royal Palace and was attended by the whole Soter family as well as the Seleucid nobility as well as a handful of overseas guests which included Emperor Abbas who had granted the couple the territory of South Markazi. Prince Lennox of Ui Cenneslaig also attended as a representative of the Celtic Protectorate. The King was given the blessing of both Shiekh Michelakis and his first wife Queen Chyrssa for the marriage where the now Queen Haniyah washed her husbands feet in the sacred spring. Following the ceremony the King and the new Queen mingled with their subjects outside the Shrine and distributed specially minted coins for the day, each side bearing the head of the two newlyweds.

There was in the evening a celebration in the Palace grounds attended by over 3,000 guests. During this the King had a first dance with his new wife before being joined in a triangular dance with Queen Chyrssa. The King also held audience with his nobles where it is traditional that he grant favours and gifts to loyal subjects. Among those being awarded was his 12 year old son Prince Golzar. The Prince was granted the title of Shiekh of Royal Ports thereby giving him his first official title beside Prince. Whilom Queen Katerina was also made Shaykhah of the Lake Palace meaning she will now be responsible for managing the Palace on a day to day basis. It is expected that she will move their with her son Prince Shahin in the coming days.  During the evening Celebration The Tamoran queen gifted Queen Haniyah an exquisite sapphire jewelry set while Emperor Abbas gifted King Heydar a three hundred year old sword of one of Tamora’s major historical figures that was born in Royal Seleucid, the gift was meant as a symbol of the old connections the two countries share

The Party is thought to have ended in the early hours when revellers escorted the newlyweds to their bedroom for their first night together as husband and wife. The couple will now spend several days at the Palace of the Sands before visiting their holdings in South Markazi where it is believed they will check up on the progress of the temple being constructed there. They will then spend time with the Soter Family at the Palace of the Lake. The bride's family released a short statement saying, "We are proud that Haniyah has been selected to be a Queen of the nation that we love. We hope that in the coming months she will provide her husband with the first of many new children that King Heydar deserves."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »

FORMER MINISTER CALLS FOR LEGAL CHALLENGE TO CP

Former Minister for Education Parvez Begahi has today called for a legal challenge to the existance of the Celtic Protectorate. Mr.Begahi resigned from his position as Minister of Education in 2015 following his wife becoming ill and retiring to look after her in the families estate in Anjir which today sits in the Protectorate. He today called on the people residing in the city to join a group calling upon courts to recognise that the Ui Cenneslaig government are not fulfilling its treaty obligations towards the people residing there. As of midday today 14,500 people had signed up to the campaign and Begahi was half way towards a group funding target of $50,000 to cover legal fees. Mr. Begahi said, "The Ui Cenneslaig government did prevent a genocide against the Cultist residents of this region caused by disloyal members of our nations military. What we never anticipated was that once peace and stability was restored this occupation would continue. We Seleucid are people of honour and King Akakois gave his word that we would maintain a Protectorate until 2026 or until all parties agreed it was no longer necessary. Now King Akakois son is bound by his father's promise and Heydar is a good man who will honour his father's deeds but it is clear the international community and the Cenneg are intent on running down the clock. We have seen Heydar repeatedly invite the world to come and see how safe the Protectorate is and no one will accept. Now we have a situation where the Cenneg are argueably breaching their obligations and as such I feel a judge will rule that the treaty, essentially a contract is null and void."

The case being brought highlights the fact that the Cenneg are bound to organise A Tribunal of Unification to hear issues brought about by the genocide, however since the recent food crisis this Tribunal has not meet and some 50 cases are still to be heard. Furthermore the case suggests that a large number of laws recently brought in by King Heydar are not being enforced in the Protectorate. The Ui Cennegslaig government are also supposed to have appointed an individual to sit on the King's royal council and this too has not taken place since the food crisis. Should a judge rule that the Cenneg have broken this contract it is likely to give King Heydar grounds for requiring the Cenneg leave the Protectorate, however whether the Celts would willingly leave would need to be seen.

King Heydar has not commented on the court case as he is currently touring the Royal Palaces and his new lands in South Markazi with his new wife Queen Haniyah. Queen Chryssa did however release a statement on his behalf saying, "The Cenneg intervened to effectively help King Akakois and as a faithful Anahist a son will follow his father's oaths. If a judge says that an oath given to King Akakois is broken then of course my husband would be within his rights to take action but I hope once again the Cenneg will act reasonably. The Cultists in our nation are not under threat, the fact my husband has done so much to ensure their safety and prosperity should demonstrate that. For some reason the international community are unwilling to come and visit and see for itself yet they are willing to flock and enjoy traditional Seleucid hospitality when we invite them to a festival. Perhaps if we put on free wine and food in the Protectorate they would merrily come then."

It is expected that the court case will be brought in the coming weeks but may take months to conclude.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2019, 10:32:01 PM »

AKAKOIS TEMPLE OPENING MARKS END OF HONEYMOON

King Heydar and Queen Haniyah today returned to Ipsus following spending several days in South Markazi. The culmination of the Honeymoon was a reunion with the Soter family at the newly completed Akakois Temple at the edge of the capital. The Temple, the tallest Anahitaist place of worship in the world, stands at some 550 feet and is made predominantly out of coloured glass. In addition to containing a huge prayer hall it also features a subterranian burial chamber in which King Akakois' body will lie. The site also features a canteen that will be used for providing food and drink to the poor, a Seleucid heritage museum, telescopes placed on the top floor give people views over the entire region. The lower floor includes planetarium and a large lecture threatre for training future Priestesses as well as giving guest lecturers. The temple will be eventually surrounded by about 30 acres of wooded created from a new irrigation system. The opening was attended by several thousands, many of whom filed past the stone sarcophagus containing KIng Akakois' body. Naturally King Heydar cut the ribbon to officially open the Temple before being joined by Queen Chryssa and Queen Haniyah in the front row of worshippers to be among the first to pray there. The King then gave a speech about what he believes the future holds for Royal Seleucid.

"The opening of my father's Temple is a proud and sad moment for my family. We mark a phenomenial vision that see's a truely amazing temple come to life, a moment that inspires and pleases all of us. What saddens me is that my father, the man who dreamt of building a monument fit for the Goddess has not seen it come to be. As we all know it is the duty of each King to build a Temple that shall bare his name, a place his physical remains are destined to lie in. I know that today he sits with the Goddess pleased at what he has accomplished. Not only does this wonderous building reflect the true beauty and magnificent of the Goddess but it helps prepare a better world bringing us closer to eradicating the Five Great Evils. From this venue our children will learn about the Goddess as well as revel awe at her splendour. Additionally we will be able to recruit and train more Priestesses to allow us to spread our words far and wide. Finally the massive kitchens here will ensure that our poor will be fed, our homeless can be helped and find a better world.

The building of this temple does not mark the end of my father's vision for Royal Seleucid, instead in marks the beginning of what I hope will be a Golden Age for our nation and as a result Midaranye. This temple will mark the first in a series of construction projects, some conducted by our nation alone, others as part of the wider region. Recently our friends in Tamora have talked of creating a kind of economic highway, we are the mouth of this highway. We are the keystone, our ports will help all nations of the region take their goods across the Kyne and beyond. Our ports have shown that they are more than capable gateways for massive amounts of shipping,  the food crisis saw that, now those ports that coped so well in a crisis will become economic giants. As such we will be expanding the various commercial ports on the Kyne coast, creating thousands of jobs. We shall build a new major highway between ourselves and Tamora speeding up commerce, we shall ensure this connects many desert communities to speedy access to urban centres. Once this new infrastructure is in place I hope to role out super fast fibre broadband to as many places as possible, this shall allow business to be conducted more speedily. In addition once the Midaranye Free Trade Zone is up and running I hope to establish a specialist Enterprise School enabling our next generation of entrepreneurs to have a great start in their endeavours. It is my hope this infrastructure investment will help ensure that my father's dream of a prospering Seleucid comes to fruition. Additionally I have come to a decision about my own final resting place. While my father has a grand temple I shall return to tradition. I have commissioned a traditional column style Temple which shall be built in the desert. Growing up the Palace of the Sands was one of my favourite places in the world. Today it makes me happy as there I spent my honeymoon with Chryssa and meet Haniyah there for the first time therefore I can think of no better place for me and my wives to be when our times come. In a nod of recognition to my lands in Tamora I will commission 1/4 of the columns to be made from stone sourced from South Markazi so forever my families new lands are in our hearts. It is however my hope that my great-grandsons will be the ones sat in the audience the day that Temple receives me and that my own son may speak of my dreams for a better Royal Seleucid, a better Midaranye and a better Mundus being achieved."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »

KING HEYDAR ENTEPRISE LINK PLATFORM (KHELP) TO HELP MIDARANYE BUSINESS

King Heydar has today announced that within three months he intends to open the King Heydar Enterprise Link Platform (KHELP) a unique project he hopes will help young entrapernours and start up businesses across Midaranye compete globally. The project will see a very large cruise ship repurposed into a series of office spaces, labs, technology hubs and living accomodation. KHELP will be based 1km outside Royal Seleucid's contigious zone as it is believed this may help businesses hamstrung by international sanctions, treaties and national laws. It will also mean those utilising KHELP will never technically enter Royal Seleucid as this may harm entry into other nations. The project plans to convert a cruise ship in order to provide a living accommodations, working space, and entertainment facilities for approximately 1,000 customers paying an average of $1500 in monthly rent and bills. The project will allow smaller businesses to pay rent as low as $500 a month combined with a small equity stake. The vessel would be stationed 12 nautical miles from the coast of Royal Seleucid and would have a crew of 200-300. Internet connectivity would be provided via a point-to-point microwave link, submarine communications cable or a laser link. The ship will be registered on the Lodjain registry which gives low annual registration fees for any ship with an internationally recognised seaworthiness certificate. The ship will also establish its own bank into which companies funds can be paid. Tax will not be payable by the companies based on KHELP until it is transferred back to any nation.

King Heydar spoke at the projects media launch saying. "It is our hope KHELP will extend the reach of Midaranye business. We have a situation where legally many Midaranyian businesses can undertake work which may be limited in their home nation. It also puts some excellent financial incentives at the companies disposal as they will be able to access world class facilities while also being close to Ipsus if need be. Companies that employ small numbers may struggle to fund their accomodation on the main land and will struggle with getting a toe hold in their field while also having to fight to get quality access to infastructure they need. We believe KHELP can establish this much easier and allow entraperneurs to flourish. I also believe we can be a force for good in our region. Sadly many Tamoran businesses for example suffer stigmas of being targeted by sanctions. Those companies based on KHELP will not be based in Tamora and can stand a chance to blossom the way they deserve. It will also be incredible to see the ingenuity and skill of those across the region working alongside each other in what I hope will be a spirit of friendly competition."

KHELP will be open to any business that can demonstrate it does not pose a danger to the vessel or those onboard. The first company to sign up is Ralbeck Medicals which is run by Ralif Mulbeck and is researching uses of Stem Cells in treatments of genetic illness. The 25 year old owner currently employs a staff of five and is based in a small lab which he struggles to fund. "We have been approached to be the first on KHELP and we're very proud our King thinks we are worthy. Our costs have been cut dramatically meaning more funds for research rather than just keeping our lights on. It is my hope we can expand quickly over the next few years." King Heydar also announced that for the first 30 days he would only permit applications from businesses based in Midaranye before permitting other companies to apply for places.

The project is the first stage of what King Heydar hopes will be a larger programme. "What I hope will happen is the project will grow into a series of hubs across first Midaranye and then utilising the FSC across Mundus. I have a dream one day of perhaps having a KHELP sat somewhere like the Rokkenjiman Seas giving Midaranyian businesses a toe hold into markets across East Ardia without the issues they face at present." The first vessel has already been purchased and is undergoing an extensive refit in the Kings Dockyard.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »

KING DEMANDS WORLD INVESTIGATE PARACAMBI

Following an announcement from Paracambi that their island of Castires had been locked down after a security breech at one of their "secret facilities" used for developing biological and chemical weapons the King of Royal Seleucid has called on the international community to investigate Paracambi. "In March 2018 the world saw an outbreak of Bubonic Plague. Samples were traced and tied to genetic engineering attempts made by Royal Seleucid in the 1960's. We were accused by many, mainly following the Maori, of being the perpatrators of such an attack. Furthermore the Maori boasted of carrying out a strike upon a fertiliser plant they claimed was storing chemical or biological weapons. Now today we see that there is every chance that while that dark legacy of our nation was going on other nations were doing the same. Clearly somehow the Paracambians, a nation that have no love for us, somehow acquired samples of our nations biological weapons material, and while we honour our commitment to the Uppsala Convention they do not. The world criticised us, accused us and allowed us to be attacked using the bubonic plague outbreak as a pretence. Now we see that Paracambi are a nation that can not be trusted to secure their military hardware. We have been attacked for no reason and demand recompense. With immediate effect I demand an apology from The Unified Iwi along with the payment of $150million to compensate for the damage caused by their unwarranted attack. I further demand compensation of $200million from Paracambi for theft of our samples and failing to properly secure them."

The Ministry of Justice have stated that they think it highly unlikely that the compensation will be paid but will do everything possible within their power to ensure that it is paid. The King did however offer support for the island of Castries. "This Paracambian island is I believe a paradise, we are naturally willing to help should it be needed. Our dark past means we probably know more about biological weapons than any nation on Mundus. While ourselves and Paracambi do not see eye to eye my God tells me to tackle five evils, we all know that there are today many more and I believe my role as a leading example in our faith is to do what I can. If Seleucid's knowledge of these strains can help make the island safe we will do so, once Paracambi has shown a willingness to do what is right."

H.A.R.P TO JOIN KHELP

Queen Haniyah has today undertaken her first official solo act as Queen. The 2nd wife of King Heydar has purchased a 15,000 TEU Cargo Ship for $100million. The fifteen year old vessel was purchased from a cargo company in Marseille and will be brought to sit next to the KHELP project. The ship, which will now be the Haniyah Agricultural Reserve Project (HARP) will aim to grow vast amounts of food using the ships cargo crates as a farm. The project manager is Mahmud Al-Amir, "We will be refitting the containers as a form of hydoponics bays. It is estimated that if we select the correct crops we can grow edible foods in around four to five weeks. We'll be growing leafy green vegetables but also Mushrooms at the gas exchanges will create optimal growing conditions in the containers. Essentially it is my hope that once we begin a growing cycle minimal work is needed." It is estimated that each container would be able to grow around $1,000 per cycle meaning each cycle could yield $18,000,000 and over a year $234million.

Queen Haniyah was with her husband and sister-wife Queen Chyrssa when she announced the idea. "I read about Mahmud's idea in a magazine and my husband encouraged me to follow the project. Our faith says we must try and end hunger and as a nation we took a step back. It would truly be a blessing if Mahmud's idea works as he hopes and we can grow a substantial amount of food to help support our people. The whole Soter family are excited about KHELP and I am praying Mahmud will be a key part of that." It is expected that the first growth cycle will begin in January.

The addition of HARP also has created a need for more workers. As such a crew of 100 will be needed to make sure that the growth cycle works effectively. As such King Heydar has opened the application process to any Parthian speaking worker across Midarnaye. "We will be paying around $10,000 a year along with accommodation and lodgings it is vital we find a crew with experience of farming and Royal Seleucid need as many hands in the field as possible."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »

SELEUCID MARINES SEIZE MAORI GAS TRANSPORT

Following a demand from King Heydar that the Unified Iwi pay compensation of $150million for the wrongful accusation of Royal Seleucid releasing the bubonic plague in their nation and as a result attacking a Seleucid fertiliser factory a task force of Royal Seleucid Marines have successfully captured a Maori Gas tanker[1]. The vessel was transiting the Sea of Kyne when Marines boarded the vessel and took command. The ship, and its cargo of natural gas, is to be taken to Ipsus. A statement from the Ministry of Defence stated. "The King sent a clear message that we will not sit back and be accused of crimes we have not committed. The Maori have elected to not address this issue and so as a debt is owed to us we are entitled to seize assets to pay that debt. The crew of the vessel will be permitted to leave to whichever country they wish or are free to remain in Ipsus for as long as they desire. We will give the government of the Iwi 7 days to settle their debt plus a $20million a day storage fee for the vessel. Should at the end of the 7 day period the Iwi not have paid their debt we reserve the right to see the cargo and the ship. We shall retain the amount of the debt and pay any surplus to the government of the Iwi."

Some believe that the nation may face criticism or sanction from the international community for the action. However the Ministry stated, "We saw no action taken when the Maori assaulted a cruise ship in the Kyne and effectively kidnapped a Seleucid citizen. This sets a precedent that should a law be broken we are entitled to take action to recover loss or make arrests even if the vessel is outside our FSC mandated waters."
 1. PM agreed with Ben

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »

HEYDAR VISITS TANKER CREW

Following the capture of the Unified Iwi's Gas tanker the King has made his way to Ipsus Naval Dockyards where the vessel is being kept. The ships crew are currently staying in the Officers Mess and have been enjoying local hospitality. The King presented each of the crew with a letter explaining the situation they found themselves in and giving guarentees for their safe passage out of Royal Seleucid if they wish. The King also arranged for those who wish to attend this weekends camel racing event in the capital as his guest. The King spoke with the media as he left the base following about a four hour visit. "I have no problems with those men who are staying on the base. They are just trying to earn a honest living and I'm sad that they have been caught up in this mess. I can only apologise to them but their involvement was a neccessary evil. Those who wish may leave the nation at their earliest convenience, those who wish to stay in the hope that they can continue their voyage after the Iwi come to their senses and pay up will be given bed and board in our Officers Mess, they are not confined to base and we wish for them to enjoy the sights and experiences of Ipsus. This weekend we see the biggest camel race in our calender and hopefully they will be my guest."

Of the 25 man crew the majority come from The Iwi, a nation which has no embassy in Royal Seleucid. Those citizens have been encouraged to seek advice or help from the embassies of East Moreland, Ui Cennesliag or Lodja who they are in a military alliance with. Rokkenjima meanwhile have made a statement sending ships to the North Kyne in what they are calling " piracy". This has already been criticised by Tamora who stated Rokkenjima should "focus its attention on restoring tranquility with the Southern Ardian countries before making commitments in other regions of Mundus." In response the King has announced that he will be ordering extra maritime air patrols as well as cancelling the navies leave until further notice. The King has also stated that the Iwi now have six days "to avoid the ship and its contents being sold for our nation to recoup the losses incurred by Maori lies and tricks."

The King has also urged Paracambi to clear its debt having decietfully used old Royal Seleucid biological samples of Bubonic Plague in an illegal secret facility meaning they are in breach of the Uppsala Convention. "Emperor Benson must face up to the fact his nation have been responsible for deaths caused by mishandling samples. When nations such as ours were responsible and destroyed our stockpiles and samples Paracambi clearly haven't. They have dragged our name through the mud and must make amends." The King was also critical of the international community "We were accused by many of using biological weapons. The CMA even wrote a report demanding we submit to inspections. We had nothing to inspect but because of my father's fears complied. We must now see the same community sanction Paracambi who have been proven to have maintained stockpiles."