Author Topic: Mhorish Sea Campaign (OOC Planning)  (Read 8149 times)

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Mhorish Sea Campaign (OOC Planning)
« on: October 31, 2017, 12:45:27 AM »
Operation Crimson Storm - The Mhorish Sea Campaign (1940-1945)
Planning and OOC Discussion

IC Thread Found Here

• The Mhorish Sea Campaign was a large-scale campaign in the early 1940s, with the Ardian Empire and remnants of the Quywe Empire expanding, and later defending their control over the Krimeon and Mhorish seas against a larger coalition of nations from the northern hemisphere.
  • This combat theatre had officially begun in May, 1940 when the Ardian and Quywe forces launched an invasion of Nurashima, a strategically vital island containing a shipyard and airbase which was seized by the Himekuno Republic following their independence from the Quywe Empire. The resulting "Nurashima Disaster" caused horrific military losses for Himekuno and allowed the Ardian Empire to use Nurashima to solidify their grasp on the Mhorish sea, which resulted in them blocking off a vital shipping lane that went through the Krimeon Sea.
  • From 1940 to 1942, Himekuno and other nations, while desperately outmatched by the Ardian Empire's far superior numbers, had managed to prevent themselves from being completely annihilated. By 1943, the campaign had reached a turning point as the Holy Empire of Achkaerin had seized control over the Northern Ocean and sailed south towards the Mhorish, intent on liberating shipping routes to Gowu with the overwhelming majority of its forces; ultimately this led to the Second Battle of Nurashima, where the full might of the Ardian Empire was beaten back.
  • From the Second Battle of Nurashima onward, the forces that had allied themselves against the Ardian Empire had pushed back into the Mhorish and Krimeon seas, wearing down Ardian forces and liberating islands until the great war finally concluded with the Ardian Empire's surrender on February 4th, 1945.

There isn't really any set outcome to the Mhorish Campaign except the liberation of Nurashima and the decimation of the Ardian navy, if you have any reason to take part in this historical war RP, you only need to sign up. Aside from absolute application rules, I ask a few things of anybody wishing to participate.

• Remember that like any proper RP in the Independent Order, war or otherwise, the ultimate goal of Operation Crimson Storm is to create a memorable, intricate story taken from countless perspectives, from the highest-ranking officers in the Achkaerinese military to a renowned Ardian pilot to the average mercenary. I'm a lot less interested in how your gigantic navy single-handedly crushed the Ardians for the fourth time than what was going through the mind of a single soldier as he set foot on land for the amphibious invasion of Himekuno. Remember, this is not a game, this isn't about flaunting your military, this is a story that you're helping to create. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT ABOUT WINNING.
  • There is an expectation that if you do join this RP, you have a proper IC reason to do so, of course not everybody is joining in as a major military contributor to the campaign, and frankly I wouldn't want any more on the Mhorish side of things; but for example Gad's Coanchuan marines are serving the role of elite mercenary pilots and infantry, essentially serving as the equivalent of Ghurkas to Achkaerinese forces as well as pilots hired by the Himekuno Republic. These are the kinds of unique perspectives that I want to see in this RP. If you are playing as a large military force for either side of this conflict, it's expected that you coordinate with either Ach or I if you want to take part in, or have your own events take place. The easiest way to accomplish this is by discussing with us on Discord.
  • I cannot stress this point enough, but there are no such thing as bad guys here. Look, both sides of this war can be seen as morally questionable. The Ardian Empire is known to mercilessly attack and subjugate nations across the continent, and have attempted cultural genocide more than once. The Himekuno Republic on the other hand is a totalitarian, jingoist nation born out of the flames of nationalism, prepared to send every last man in the nation to fight. This doesn't make the Ardian Empire a bunch of Roman hyper-Nazis who murder people for fun, and it certainly doesn't make the Himekuno Republic the good guys even though they're fighting to free the Mhorish. Everyone is the hero of their own story, hence why Ach and I make posts from both our nations, and the Ardian perspectives. The Ardians are not generic Nazi bad guys who you can slay by the hundreds Hollywood style, 'cause that's just bad storytelling.
  • Be realistic, if you need help with what's realistic or not, consult Ach, Libby or Dave. They're here to help you.

The OP (me) is the ultimate narrator of this RP, meaning what I say goes in regards to the direction of the story.

Please state any interest or feedback in this RP if you’re interested. Reminder: you can’t be in this RP without gauging the setting and pre-planning here.

Code: (application) [Select]
[b]Country full Name[/b]:
[b]Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign[/b]: It's to be expected that you have a valid reason to participate, such as Achkaerin requiring access to Gowu through the Krimeon Sea and Himekuno wishing to retake Nurashima and push the Ardians out of the Mhorish. Mercenaries/foreign volunteers are a valid excuse to get involved here, so long as they're appropriately equipped.
[b]Assets available[/b]: What could your nation send in terms of troops, ships, air units, etc.
[b]More Details/Ideas[/b]:
[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:41:03 AM by tama »
something funny or offensive here

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ahkabnil
Re: Mhorish Sea Campaign (OOC Planning)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:34:25 AM »
Country full Name: Coanchua, it was more like a loose autonomy under a collectively employed governorship, later a monarchy. 'Kaiop' would be the umbrella term used to denote those from what is modern day Coanchua.
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: When the Kaiop people were liberated from Seleucid, the Ardian Empire attempted several naval blitz to take control of the Matilda Channels. With naval support from Achkaerin the Ardians were held at bay, however the Krimeon Sea was still hotly contested and Ardian advances along the Horn gave them precedent control over most of the southern Krimeon Sea. Kaiopi people, men and women, would fight across Ardia and other theater's, becoming known as fierce voluunteers, taken up and recruited by the anti-Ardian powers and deployed as elite troops. The extensive air war over the Matilda Channel also recruited local airforces, provided material for self-sufficient production by the rising powers that took the Kaiopi under their wings. The fierce marines and underdog pilots gained a reputation and were, by 1940, the most immediately deployable troops to Nurashima. The Kaiop fought under any banner, traded off between forces, but working independently.
Assets available: perhaps around 10,000  Kaiopi marines and a small squadron of pilots flying the Coanchuan made Yecashi 'Tigershark', these aircraft were mostly supplementary but the Coanchuans ended up keeping them throughout the war, they may have took on foreign fighters late in the Mhorish Campaign. Overall though, Kaiop troops took what they given and made it work, having a mix if armaments collected from allies and enemies.
More Details/Ideas: maybe, i'm willing to work with anything
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:58:44 AM by Gadshack »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:33 AM »
Country full Name: Kingdom of Balticum
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Considering Saheristan, a former colony of Balticum, lies in the south, it was more than evident for the Baltic government to consider the Ardian Empire as a threat to the Baltic supremacy as fears that Ardia could easily cut vital supply and trade routes as well as occupying Saheristan grew stronger as well as that era's anti-Ardian sentiment, strongly exhibited by its ally Achkaerin, it was just enough for the overall consensus that something had to be done to eliminate this constant threat once and for all.
Assets available: Mainly Balticum's strong naval assets although needs some consultation in terms of numbers and such to combat the Ardian fleet, as well as participating forces from the Army and Marine Forces as they help liberate those islands.
More Details/Ideas: Willing to adapt and work with anyone/anything.

UPDATE: This is (hypothetically so far) the estimated number of men and equipment Balticum would have had around 1939 (based on rl French figures)

5,000,000 men, 99 divisions, 4,200 tanks, about 11,000 guns
2,916 planes (1,114 fighters, 1,002 bombers)
8 battleships, 2 aircraft carriers, 18 cruisers, 70 destroyers, 80 submarines, 65 sloops
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:31:12 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline KaiserAdolf

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Indera Kayangan
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 01:40:30 PM »
Country full Name: Sultanate of Kaiser Adolf
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Mhorish Sea is basically the main pathway for the ships to enter the Illumic Channel and the Great Northern Sea. Trading has always been KA's main economic source where the merchants from all over Mundus would come through the Illumic channel and perform transaction before resume to their respective destinations. KA this period was basically undergoing industrial and social revolution with evolving cultures and norms where women became more politically involved and equal in terms of rights with KA's first female Prime Minister under Sultan Riayatuddin's supportive administration. KA involvement was focused on protecting the trade line and also regional Illumic security.
Assets available: KA's naval fleet (Numbers to be decided), land force (minimal interaction).
More Details/Ideas: I am open to anything.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »
Country full Name: The Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Securing of trade routes to Gowu, previous history with the Ardian Empire and pre-existing state of war with the Ardian Empire (from the early to mid 1920's)
Assets available: As implied above the majority of the Achkaerin Naval fleet plus a large number of aircraft, land forces dependent on a few things I'd like to clarify with Tama though expect some armored corp stuff.
More Details/Ideas: Got a few ideas in terms of fun operations in and around the Mhorish during this period, I'd also like to be able to incorporate some part of how the Ardians end up surrendering - I do have an idea in mind for this.

Key detail here is that with the channels taken from the Ardian's in the late 30's by Coanchua, Achkaerin and others and with the Kyne off limits to the Ardians this campaign could be very much considered as the Ardian's last stand.

Also it might be helpful from a planning perspective to know which nations were in Ardian hands at this point.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
All applications thus far are accepted, though I'd like to know what Balticum was doing before 1943, and what Kaiser Adolf was doing period. I'll approach both of you on Discord about it. To anyone else interested, you can still sign up, but I will begin an IC thread now, detailing the Ardian invasion of Nurashima on May 16th, 1940.

guest17

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »
Country full Name: Quywe Empire - Imperial Province of Cojotan

Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Nearly a decade earlier, the beginning of the Great war would see a crumbling and disintegrating Quywe Empire pitted against a far more organized and better prepared Ardian War Machine. Engaging in open conflict, the war would soon turn to stalemate and eventually in the favor of the Ardians. Through out this the demand of war, both in supply and manpower, would leave the western province of Ahkabnil neglected. Suffering under the neglect and ineffective administration of the Empire would only add to a tense situation of an already increasing class-conflict between the ruling nobles of the Quywe Empire and the commoners of Ahkabnil. In the late 1920's unable to keep up with the demands of war against the War machine of Ardia, the two empires  would agree to an armistice latter culminating in an official peace-treaty finally ending the conflict. Despite this a peace-treaty would not bring back the lost sons,brothers, and fathers the war with Ardia had taken. A peace-treaty would not fix the ails Ahkabnil had suffered. It had now become clear, it was now up to the Ahkabnil people to fix what their weak and incompetent nobles and imperial overlords had failed to. By the 1930's what was once simple unrest in the western province would become wide-scale open revolt,  it would become revolution. News of the brutal and grim demise of the Quywe Imperial Family would become widespread a shocking indecent for the world perhaps. There were few deaf ears, and soon news of the Ahkabnil uprising would spread to the Eastern Principality of Himekuno. A successful overthrow of the puppet monarchy that once ruled Himeyama in the Quywe Empires name would give rise to the establishment of the Himekuno Republic, a country of the people for the people free form false imperial rule. However deaf ears were scarce in the Ardian Empire, especially in these times. News of the brutal deaths of the Imperial family in the west and the rise a new republic in the east  caused great concern for the Great Caesar of Ardia and his advisers. In a hasty move to deny the coalition that had built up in opposition to the Ardian War-machine, the Ardian Empire would march once again in the Horn this time to help its once long-time rival to secure the Horn. By 1940 the Ardian Empire able to influence key officials of the Junior branch of the Imperial Quywe Family[1], would prop up the Imperial Province of Cojotan as the Quywe Empire and as a satellite-state. Influencing it heavily by maintaining a heavy military presence within Cojotan, and advising officials with its “rebellious” territories, the Ardian Empire and now its newly influenced and officially allied “Quywe Empire” would use Cojotan to attempt military operations through out the the Northern Mhorish Sea. The first step would be an frontal Invasion of Himekuno from the south, supported by Quywe (Cojotan) and Imperial (Ardian) forces in the west.                     

Assets available: Remnants and those still Loyal to the Imperial Quywe Military mainly from Cojotan, as well as an Ardian military presence in Cojotan. However as most of these forces will be dealing with Ahkabnil and Himekuno on the Horn itself support to the actual Mhorish will be quite limited. For Now I'll say 5,000 troops deployed where it would fit, some naval vessels, and a limited number of Air Forces.       

More Details/Ideas: Military knowledge on my part is rather small so please bear with me.

[1] The “Junior Branch” refers to the Ozacatu dynasty, which ruled Cojotan Prior to Quywe arrival. An assortment of strategically arranged marriages between the Imperial Family of the Quywe Empire and the Royal Family of Cojotan in the 14th-15th centuries would cement the relationship of the two with the Ozacatu dynasty forming as a junior Branch. Upon the deaths of the Imperial Quywe Family and with their relationship the Ozacatu would hold enough legitimacy to “inherit” the Quywe Empire, which at this point was simply Cojotan, and become the Empires rulers although heavily influence by the Ardian Empire.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
Alright, we'll also be figuring out some significant events that take place down the line here. So far I have listed:

1940: Disaster of Nurashima (of course), retreat from Nurashima, Ardians hunting the HDV Tsukyouji light cruiser (Operation Blackfeather)

1941: Battle of Zenkugawa Bay (air and sea battle, SK-41 fighters debut here), Battle of Ura-Ishinaru (another significant air battle, this time over Himekuno)

1942: Ardians hunting the HDV Iga-Hatsuzo aviation battleship (Operation Guillotine)

1943: 2nd battle of Nurashima (air, land and sea battle)

1944:

1945: Ach has something planned

I'll add a timeline to the original post later, but if you guys have any ideas then we can post them here. I don't expect Ach to spoil everything he has planned though, so be prepared for surprises.

Also Cojotan is approved

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »
Once the Ardia Remnant factbook goes up on Monday/Tuesday next week we'll have something of a basis for that nations culture and feel though it'll likely have an Imperial Rome feel. As far as the 1945 thing goes that's only so far as the endgame to the Ardian involvement in the war.

Most of my surprises are going to be pre second battle of Nurashima but without giving away too much expect the run up to that battle to feature many smaller operations and the battle itself to feature a couple of surprises.

Offline Holy King

• Microstate
  • The Night is Dark, and Full of Terrors.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Greater Foxtrove
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 03:21:32 AM »
Country full Name: The Kingdom of Greater and Lesser Foxtrove
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Foxtrove, at this point was not actively in the war through funding anti-Ardian rebels, but rather Foxtrovian based mercenary groups began to offer their line of work to groups in the war. One of these groups were the White Foxes, who throughout the fighting in the Mhorish Sea, harassed the Ardians on land and sometimes at sea.
Assets available: The group at its most during the campaign was around 500 men, all of different ethnic groups. The weapons they would carry (without being funded) would be primarily be made of bolt-action rifles and SMG's with a few machine guns and artillery here and there. For vehicles it would mostly be troop transports and five light-troop transport ships.
More Details/Ideas: Willing to be flexible.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:57:21 AM by Holy King »

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 09:38:25 PM »
Already stated in Discord but Foxtrove is approved, I'm currently waiting for Ach to place Nurashima on the map before making a proper campaign map.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Artyomov
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »
Country full Name: United Socialist States of Artyomov.
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: To expand it's borders and spread the communism along the north while no one is paying attention, but eventually needs to join the war to both defend it's land and attack others. Will develop the reason more later
Assets available: Total: Approx 5 Million Troops. 25% Land Troops, 15% Air Force, 15% Naval Force, 20% VDV Airbourne Deployment Unit (Paratroopers), 5% Spetzgruppa Alfa (Recon and Elite forces), 5% Spetzgruppa Vympel (Undercover Units), 15% Armoured Vehicle Units.
More Details/Ideas: I will develop them along the way

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 10:31:01 AM »
Nova is approved, we'll likely carry out that aforementioned attack soon after Operation Blackfeather carried out on the same day as Nurashima; don't wanna progress too slowly so this would be a nice time skip. Since both ach and I are playing Ardia as well as our own nations, feel free to consult and coordinate here or on discord.

Snackz is denied for the time being, my main reason being that Artyomov's position on far northern CA would make large scale operations in the Mhorish unfeasible or without reason to pursue to begin with.
My second issue is your agenda. While I'm not entirely closed to the idea of ideological conflict, remember that pretty much none of northern ardia is communist, making any attempts to spread communism there an utter failure. The rest of the people have valid justifications for taking part in the Mhorish, all of them relevant to mhorish geopolitics.

If I were you I'd talk to ach about it, since he knows Aranye and it's history better than I do. I'm not saying you're not allowed to come back with another idea; but the one you proposed simply doesn't work.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Artyomov
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 06:43:13 AM »

Snackz is denied for the time being, my main reason being that Artyomov's position on far northern CA would make large scale operations in the Mhorish unfeasible or without reason to pursue to begin with.
My second issue is your agenda. While I'm not entirely closed to the idea of ideological conflict, remember that pretty much none of northern ardia is communist, making any attempts to spread communism there an utter failure. The rest of the people have valid justifications for taking part in the Mhorish, all of them relevant to mhorish geopolitics.

All good. I will make up a more valid reason soon

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
Country full Name: Federal Republic of Quintelia
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Sending supplies to Gowu and possibly Himekuno. Quintelia might also send an air squadron and a fleet to assist Achkaerin, an ally and important trade partner of Quintelia at that time.
Assets available:
Tacoma-Class Frigates: 3
Kingcobra Plane: 50
More Details/Ideas: Am flexible.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »
I'm just going to make an observation on trade routes - below is the map showing the main two trade routes between Achkaerin and Gowu (there are two others that go west out of Achkaerin and take different routes but they're surplus to the point I'm trying to make.)

The red route is the most commonly used one because it's the quickest and safest one. By contrast the geographical position of Achkaerin close to Hrothgar makes the purple route treacherous in the early stages and considering during the war that Weremark was on the Abydos side it's likely that in addition to climate concerns from Hrothgar that Weremark naval vessels may have been harassing around the top end of Aranye threatening that route.

The red route passes through the Mhorish hence the threat against the trade route with Ardian control of the Mhorish area. So please if people are going to use trade routes as a reason for involvement please can you please make sure that they would be under threat? Because I would point out that Quintelia sending supplies to Gowu does not constitute a route going through the Mhorish.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 02:06:11 AM »
Ok so what I meant is to assist you as an ally. Of course, going to Gowu wouldn't be a problem for me, but I might also need to go to Himekuno. The sea of Antalin would be hard to navigate at that time so going through Krimeon and eventually Mhorish to go to the horn is the only route for me.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:25 AM »
Jaws is approved. Just gonna clarify some things though. I'm going to assume the three frigates you have would be the ones doing supply runs through ardian waters, and therefore would be the ones you are role-playing as. Since this is the Mhorish Campaign, it's to be expected that you're mostly rping in that area. When I move things along, if I were you I'd chat with ach so he can set the scene in gowu for his next post or something.

Also note you aren't particularly obliged to aid Himekuno, my nation could be seen merely as a midway point between mainland achkaerin and gowu depending on how the narrative turns out, regardless, your ships would be spending most of their time in ardian waters.

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »
I'm just going to make an observation on trade routes - below is the map showing the main two trade routes between Achkaerin and Gowu (there are two others that go west out of Achkaerin and take different routes but they're surplus to the point I'm trying to make.)

The red route is the most commonly used one because it's the quickest and safest one. By contrast the geographical position of Achkaerin close to Hrothgar makes the purple route treacherous in the early stages and considering during the war that Weremark was on the Abydos side it's likely that in addition to climate concerns from Hrothgar that Weremark naval vessels may have been harassing around the top end of Aranye threatening that route.

The red route passes through the Mhorish hence the threat against the trade route with Ardian control of the Mhorish area. So please if people are going to use trade routes as a reason for involvement please can you please make sure that they would be under threat? Because I would point out that Quintelia sending supplies to Gowu does not constitute a route going through the Mhorish.

The purple route could pass closer to ahk too and through the mhorish and connect perhaps? Ahkabnil is getting supplies from both ways, mostly through the Mhorish and if that's cut off, then Ahk would certainly be drawn in. Securing naval passages from Quywe(Cojotan) would also be vital since they're right there.

Simple map highlighting potential ahk plan: https://i.imgur.com/mQ59vaf.png

Basically, Ahk could either 1. Try to blow through Cojotan and connected with Hime, providing support by the time of 43 when the tide turns. Or 2. go around Cojotan with what support that have from Ach from the purple route, this would be an instance where Achkaerin ask for Ahkabnilian assistance, this would be ahk digging in for the first part of the air war and transporting troops over.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
While not directly part of the Mhorish campaign it may have a knock on effect.

UC had experienced a few skirmishes with the Ardians throughout history. As such at this time period UC would have essentially been trying to free its Celtic neighbours in Cantabria. This may mean a few skirmishes at sea for supplies but generally speaking it'd be a land and air war for the Celts.

Offline Comrade Kermit

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Argemonto
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »
Country full Name: Duchy of Herrenbucht - Anti Ardian Initiative
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Although Herrenbucht had a non agression pact with Ardia, the Ardian expansion started becoming a threat to Herrenbucht. Borders to Ardia in the east and the south and the looming dominance over the Mhorish and the Illumic were against the Herrenbuchtian doctrine of absolute control in the Bay of Sovereignity. On the other hand Herrenbucht could greatly profit of a strong Ardia, if it managed to become their partner. Herrenbucht was on the fence for a long time but decided it was the best to fight the Ardians to defend its own independence.
Assets available: Navy (numbers to be decided), Land forces wouldn't be able to partake in any landings since Herrenbucht would be busy with fending off the Ardians at home, given their border, Herrenbucht also has holy orders which act as mercenaries that fight for any fellow christian nation if needed.
More Details/Ideas: I am flexible

La Popola Respubliko de Argemonto
The People's Republic of Argemonto

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »
Country full Name: Satrapic Kingdom of Rhand
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Client state of the Ardian Empire that strongly relies on its role as a major point of incoming and outgoing trade with the Empire. Ardian control over the Krimeon would help facilitate an increase in trade passing through Rhandic ports and the associated taxes. Rhand was also tied by treaty commitments to provide troops for Ardian campaigns.
Assets available: 100, 000 soldiers, a small navy designed to supplement Ardia's
More Details/Ideas:

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:28 AM »
Country full Name: United Ahkabnil(later to become the Theocratic Confederation)
Reason for partaking in the Mhorish Sea Campaign: Since the early 1930s Ahkabnil has been intertwined in a devastating war with Quywe remnants and the Ardian Empire. After seceding from Imperial Quhwe with the aid of Ardia, the continent spanning empire expected utmost loyalty and vassalage of Ahkabnil. The young, spry nation refused in a clout of pride. In collusion with their former enemies, the Quywe remnants negotiated a deal with the Empire, suppress what they deemed rebellions in Himekuno and Ahkabnil and the Quywe Empire would be in debt to Ardia. This ploy was a desperate attempt for the Quywe Imperial families to stay in power, with an impending war between Cojotan and Ahkabnil. It worked, Ardia invaded Ahkabnil in full force in 1935, however the efforts were stagnate with a the rough terrain proving tough for the Ardians. They eventually made progress however, and in 1938 began to siege the city of Chanal, the heart and vital strategic choke-point of Chanal. This years long battle was the beginning of a long standstill in the war. However, by 1940 Ahkabnil had begun pushing the Ardians and Quywe loyalist forces back with more support from temporary anti-ardian allies. War industry kick-started and boomed at the weathered Ardian forces. Ahkabnil, learning from their mistakes fighting the Ardians, pushed them back and in 1942, would crush the Ardian army outside of Chanal in what is called a massacre or great victory depending who you ask and chase them down the range of the country.

It was during these times that Ahkabnil also participated in Nurashima as requested by Achkaerin, a country spread thin in it's support against the Empire. Ahkabnil would send planes, troops in order to secure a vital supply route to them and their allies at the time. It was a race against the clock, as the Ahkabnilian war machine needed to keep pace.
Assets available: 100k to 400k troops, depends on what's realistic. It would be a mix of mountain troops who would have received additional training in amphibious landings in such on the fly. Most are veterans of the ongoing battle of Chanal, at this point Chanal is more or less considered a fact of life and it wasn't expected Chanal would be taken without efforts in Nurashima. In addition, many air units
More Details/Ideas: hmmmmmMMMMmmm

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
Ahkabnil is approved, you know what my expectations are Gad.

Rhand is approved, we've a few upcoming operations that a few Rhand vessels could take part in.

Herrenbucht is approved, I've a few questions for you before we get into it though. One, what's the situation like on Herrenbucht's coast? Have the Ardians blockaded it, have you managed to hold them off? And two, what would your situation (ideally) look like just before the second battle of Nurashima? Would Herrenbucht have enough breathing room to help push the Ardians out, would we make it a goal to drive them away once we pushed past Nurashima?

As for the UC situation, I personally have no issues with a conflict with two fronts for Ardia, it'd divert enough of Ardia's land units to keep them from utterly stomping out the horn. If you could, I'd just like a simple timeline of events on that front.

As for the rest of you looking at this, it's not too late to join still, but bear in mind that we ideally shouldn't have anymore military powers taking part against the Ardians. Hime, Ahk, KA, Achkaerin, Herrenbucht and Balticum are holding the line in the Mhorish, with UC waging a land war to the south, so I actively encourage anyone interested to consider siding with the Ardians, or send small volunteer groups.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
It'd be very hard to just say no to people. The issue being for example if I decided EM was involved then it could be involved and it wouldn't be right telling it which side it must be on, especially as its history has always seen the Ardians as a evil figure. . Its geographically more likely to have been involved than some nations who have applied too. The issue with EM being they wouldn't. I would however like to think we can balance sides if this is a RP people want to have any legs.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »
Of course, I'm not trying to enforce a hard limit on who can join what side. When I said we shouldn't have any more large militaries fighting the Ardians, it wasn't to say they couldn't; I just don't want this to turn into some massive international curbstomp against the Ardians right off the bat, cause I think history has enough of that already. Simply put, this is a two-sided conflict and anyone interested should bear in mind that the Ardian Empire doesn't have to be your enemy just 'cause they're there, Heyra for example was being opportunistic by allying with the Ardian Empire, which was a military superpower and could give them unrestricted access to the Krimeon Sea and beyond.