Author Topic: Rulers in Carnival  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Rulers in Carnival
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »

To Prince Regent Albrecht and Emperor Orion,

Greetings! It is with my joy to invite you to Quintelia for a chat regarding our relations. Even though are nations ate very far apart and we share little history, I think that it is important for us to establish strong ties with each other. It is also my pleasure to say that the Carnival season is approaching and I invite you to celebrate with us. I'm looking forward to our meeting.

Signed,

King Lapu

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Rulers in Carnival
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
Albrecht tilted his head, reading through the letter before making a call to Orions school. He had to reschedule some lessons, bring several Teachers along for the ride.

"He is just like the Weasel. He talks without thinking" Orion complained as he heard the news: "Are you sure. I personally think he is dangerous if you don't take him serious. We better bring a decent bunch of security personal for our Airship and your safety." Albrecht repield to Orion ont he  Phone, while setting up the letter:

"To his Majesty King Lapu, ruler of Quintelia.

emperor Orion the first and myself will gladly attend your Carnival. I am sure we will find a lot to talk about while experiencing your culture. We will come via Airship, and are eager to get a chance to know you better.

In the name of Emperor Orion the First and the Empire of Neu Uburzis,

Prince Regent Albrecht of Uburzis"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
King Lapu, along with his two children: Minister of Energy Fernando Ernesto Adartse and Minister of Tourism, Eiza Adartse stood on the tarmacs of Lungsod International Airport. Eiza, having recently finishes a course on Quintelian History and Culture, asked her father. "Why can't we have a standalone Department of Culture or something? It's not like you don't have the money." She asked in a sarcastic way. "Well of course, we have the money to establish more Departments." King Lapu replied to his daughter, who started to look at her phone. "The problem is, we don't have the manpower to even properly inaugurate one. It would take ten more years before we can establish another Department." He looked at his daughter, seemingly engrossed at her phone, who then asked back. "Then why can't we just force people to work for equal..." She was cut off by her father. "Well, there's these multiple modernization of our country to eventually become a powerhouse in Mundus, but we're a long way from that and by then, you'll both be the rulers." He said while Eiza typed on her phone, tweeting about the visiting emperor's cuteness with Fernando recording what his father said. Just as the King was about to sigh, typewriters, cameramen, and other media staff poured our as to witness the airship's descent unto the tarmac.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:14:38 AM by General Jaws »

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 07:00:31 PM »
Orion and Albrecht walked towards the King and his children, Orion leaning towards his Regent with shy whispers: "Is this Costume carnival or more like this Bikini wearing feather wearing Carnival?"
"I'll make sure you get the shortest shorts and glitter Feather to make yourself the laughing stock of the world if it's the later." Albrecht replied with a warm smile, patting Orion's back, shoving him gently to greet King Lapu:
"Thank you for the Invitation, King Lapu, i hope i can learn much about your culture." Orion offered to shake the Kings hand, while Albrecht inclined his head: "Your highness."

Orion glanced around, scratching his head: "We brought some Jam from the Imperial Garden and Dried Game Sausages. Just a little Symbolic gift." Albrecht handed the Basket to Lapu's Daughter: "Would you care to explain a little about your Carnival? We decided to not look up how you celebrate so we can learn it firsthand."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »
Eiza accepted the basket, to which she subtly peeked in. Although already twenty-two, she still acts a decade younger. King Lapu gave Orion a firm handshake, before welcoming him. "Welcome to the Pearl of Ardia known as Quintelia. Since she's majored in History, I'll let my daughter explain it."

She jerked up from looking inside, cleared her throat and started. "Well, carnival came from the words carne vale meaning 'farewell to meat'. It is usually celebrated before or sometimes during the Holy Week, although the latter is usually frowned upon by priests and religious people. It all started when priests were trying to incorporate the local pagan beliefs and traditions of dancing during designated occasions with Catholicism." The group started to walk as urged by the an impatient Fernando while Eiza continued. Since then, the Quintelian culture of festivities has mixed with the Ecclesiastical faith to produce an annual week of dressing up and dancing however you want." They reached a nearby helicopter, to which Fernando said. "Since there's a carnival, a few sections of roads are blocked. The only way to not get stuck in traffic is to fly, guests first." He motioned for Orion and Albrecht to enter.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 04:28:10 PM »
"I think we might count as costumed in our Traditional clothes" Orion noted as they where flying towards their destination: "I don't think Tunics and Togae are a common sight here."

"You do realize how angry the elder Senate will be if you use it as a costume, right?" Albrecht retorted, smiling as Orion seemed rather relaxed while flying: "Maybe i should find a Weasel costume." Albrecht snorted laughing, before turning to their host: "Do you know a recommended Costume Seller? Orion is still the Emperor, can't have him run around with something too extreme. It would be a shame to not find something fitting, seeing as wearing a costume is indeed part of your Carnival."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 10:56:52 PM »
The helicopter hovered near The Palace, and was about to land on one of the rooftop helipads. "Ah yes" Prince Fernando exclaimed as to be heard amidst the helicopter blades' loud chopping. "We're not the largest exporter of animal fur for nothing." He boasted as Eiza continued what Fernando said. "Before you think about the animals, we're hunting them to help not just the conservatism of their species but also the indigenous tribes who have been doing it for millennia." She stopped as the vehicle landed.

The King ushered the guests to a meeting room specifically designed for diplomatic meetings. "Shall we start our meeting first?" The King said as he a few sheets of paper. "As you're the guests here, I shall give you the honors of offering the first treaty." The King said as he sat down. Eiza then whispered to the child Emperor. "About your costumes, you'll have all the costume boutiques in the city to choose from after this rather short meeting."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
"Seeing as you don't have some, i am pretty sure we could get you in touch with our Airship builders. While i doubt they will find use for Transportation in your Fossil fuel focused Nation, the smaller scenic vehicles might do the trick. They are built with small Tours in mind, giving tourists and residents alike a chance to see their nation from above, floating as gentle as a balloon while having the comfort of a Plane at their hands." Albrecht explained, while Orion yawned and sighed. He had hoped there wouldn't be any diplomatic talk.
"So, i did read you people had a problem with Orphaned youth in slums. I mean, why don't you try our Approach? Most of them find a new home and family with the boarding schools and later the military. I mean, why let potential Eager Protectors drop into a live where they threaten your stability instead of molding them into model citizens? It might cost a bit but you will make more money from ensuring they become tightly entangled into society and the state?" Orion tilted his head while scratching behind his ear, getting a nudge from Albrecht to his ribs: "Choice of words, and let them speak first." Albrecht whispered to his cousin.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
Prince Fernando leaned back into his chair, upon hearing Albrecht's explanation. "Of course, we could make a deal with airships. Quintelia may be very dependent on oil but I'm doing my best on lessening CO2 emissions and even petroleum usage." He leaned back on the table, looking at Albrecht's proposal. "If you'll have me in touch with these companies then you may see another nation using blimps for transportation. My biggest concern however would be any possible terrorist using a blimp as a bomb on our cities and of course, the small capacities per vehicle, but yeah, I think my father would approve the purchase of 15 tour airships as you recommended." He looked at King Lapu who gave a nod and said "Approved"

"The slums in Fort Bonifacio is a large problem that were trying to fix." King Lapu replied to his fellow monarch. "Although your suggestion has potential, I think it would infringe on some personal rights, especially of most of these orphans have settled in with families that adopted them. The small population of them in the slums only cause little agitation to the common person. However, I may build on from what you said."  King Lapu was then approached by a servant carrying a tray of food. "Please do enjoy some fresh coconut juice and halo-halo. Though I'd recommend mixing it thoroughly." King Lapu added as the five were served with their food. "And if I could change our topic with some business matters." The King shuffled through a stash of papers to find a document. "This is something DAFT, literally." He saw his children to their eyes as they have heard him say out to other people one too many times, King Lapu looked sternly at them and continued. "Anyways, I'd like to offer DAFT, short for Dizon Acquisition of Farming Terrain, as for both our benefit. As one of the largest shareholder of the company, I would like to expand to the Neu Uburzid. So, I would like to buy 1000 or more hectares of land with any 3 or more of these conditions:

Arable, nutrient rich plains,
Arable, nutrient rich hill sides,
Arable coastal lands
Arable estuaries or swamps,
Underdeveloped farms,
Mineral-rich mountains, or
Forests.
If any land is available to be sold, the price shall be negotiated and we will develop the land given. You shall receive 40% of the profit made by the properties. The price would be negotiated but you can fill in this sign-up sheet." King Lapu then felt vibrations in his pocket. Whipping out his phone, he looked around and said to his daughter. "Yeah, an important guest is waiting in the airport. I'm going to have you two go fetch her." King Lapu looked back at the two left on the room. "So, does it look good, my friends?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
There are those moments when you just gotta get out of your 'hole' and expand your horizons for a while. Well that was what Chantal Amaranthine was trying to do, or so it seemed to be the case; A Princess of the ancient, imperial and catholic dynasty which served the Popes since time immemorial as well as a licensed Occupational Therapist with the standard officer's degree, having attained so far the ranks Lieutenant/Captain/Flight lieutenant, with two of them being out of ceremonial uses...she got the decent background to try to make an impression. But for now, she didn't want to think of duty and obligations, so she took a break from all of that and flew with Oceanic World Airways to Quintelia, relax at the beach while having a Halo-halo or two. Her branch of the family although not in direct line with succession nonetheless had close relations with the Quintelian royal family, after years of friendship and trust built between them, and thus an Amaranthine member was always a welcoming sight in those lands.

She was waiting at the international airport with a bodyguard, waiting for her hosts to pick them up, taking the opportunity to spectate at the large crowds of eager Quintelians willingly or unwillingly checking in before heading to their departing gates in wait for their flights.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »
Albrecht rubbed his Nose bridge, shaking his head: "I was afraid you'd try and come with the Farms." gently pushing the unsigned contract back: "The people of Neu Uburzis are a lot of things, and one of them is obsessed with preserving Nature and it's healthiness. The Senates wouldn't even let you hear about this, and i won't dare go against their will here. My people will not trust you to stick to our standards, and they would not ever allow me to sell Fields to a foreign Nation. I am Afraid i have to say no to the Farms."
Orion shuffled slightly on his chair, while Albrecht leaned back: "Tell you what. We are in dire need of Quality Organic Food, and i know for a chance you signed a contract with King Athainos when he was beating up his Nephew. We can use organic grown southern fruits, and the relative close location would make Transportation easier. Your Farms in Seleucid will produce quality organic Southern Fruits, and our people will eat them out of your hands. I think getting a target Market for your Farms Produce is just as important as building new ones, don't you agree?"

Orion carefully ate from the Halo Halo only after Albrecht brought his suggestion onto the table, almost as if he felt like he shouldn't eat if they simply declined.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 07:39:45 AM »
"It would be such a shame that you rejected something very profitable, but who am I to judge?" He dug his soon in his halo halo as he continued. "So, how about a compromise? How about we build a few vertical farms in your cities. That way, they are both farms in the middle of a city, meaning it would reduce your emissions, and as a research center for biology, botany, and if we can manage, zoology. Employees could be mixed between Quintelian and your local people and the quality wouldn't have any difference from those grown from the fields. I assure you that nature will be protected by these." He put down his spoon as he drank the sugary milk left in his glass. "All I'm requesting is 30% of the profits and 10% of the produce." He then grabbed three sheets of paper and distributed the two to Albrecht and Orion. "So, let's start forming a treaty, shall we? Let's start with the first section; diplomacy." He placed the paper a few centimeters away from his face and read.

"(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

Looks good my friends? Any suggestions?" He asked, leaning back on his chair.

Thanks to having a helicopter on the roof, Prince Fernando and Princess Eiza reached the airport in no time. They rushed through the wave of tourists and finally found their VIP. "Good morning and welcome, madame." Price Fernando bowed to her as he tried to hold her hand, however, his sister has already begun a conversation. "So, want to visit the carnival now or go to a quiet beach?" The two then offered Chantal to ride the helicopter. "Where'd you want to go?" Prince Fernando asked her, to which the Princess nudged him on his arms. "That's just what I said." She whispered, he shrouded and slid open the helicopter door.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
"Fernando...Eiza!" Chantal hugged both of them dearly as the hosts greeted her; she noticed how the Prince became more handsome the last time they went and couldn't stop noticying his attempts to flatter her despite the sister's obstruction. "Those two spots sure sound fun and my original intention, however I need to stash my luggage as well as something filling to eat, I'm sure the Carnival has taken care of that requirement...heard that your dad's having a pretty important meeting with the New Uburzians, how's that going so far?" she asked as they entered the chopper.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 08:23:47 PM »
Albrecht warmly, smiled, the warmest smile he could produce: "I will forward the Request for the Visa to the Senates, and an Embassy is no Problem. We have some nice building plots available in the Capital. for the Farms? Just as i said, that wont happen until our citizens consider the dyzon farms trustworthy. I am sorry, you are simply just a little to early. Our people are slow to trust foreign Nations."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
The King sighed on what Albrecht has said. "Well, then, I guess we'll just export our raw materials until you gain trust on us. The sign-up sheet is all yours for you to decide later on." With a wave of his hand, the servants left and immediately returned with a large patter of assorted street foods, from deep fried chicken eggs, known as tokneneng, to grilled chicken intestines, also called isaw and pork satay, though colloquially known as barbeque. "These are Quintelian streetfoods you'd find being sold in the carnival, or even in a street corner. Though I assure you, these are cleaner and got for a king." He pierced a tokneneng with a stick and ate it, with the crust crunching in his mouth while the servants refilled their drinks. "Though I'd recommend you not fill yourself up, as there's a feast for everyone later." Wiping his hands on a napkin, King Lapu grabbed the next page of the treaty. "For section two, trade.

- The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

- Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

- The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures."

King Lapu then took a stick of satay, then continued. Any suggestions, my friends?"

Prince Fernando dotted the hug to be comforting, yet awkward and worrisome especially of his wife knew about it. "As for where you'd stay, I'd say in one of the guest rooms of The Palace. As for the food, I'd let you pick between a very special buffet in The Palace, but that might come later or a very luxurious restaurant." Eiza then said as the helicopter landed. They led Chantal to her room, although they met a few servants carrying food, to which Eiza grabbed a stick of isaw.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
"Mmm, so much masarap with Isaw..!" she exclaimed while grabbing one stick on her way into the room, sorting her luggage out; it wasn't too many yet neither too little she brought with her, considering she was going to stay there for a few weeks. As for the carnival, she put on her specially-designed Maria Clara dress. It takes its name from María Clara, the mestiza protagonist of the national epic 'Reign of Greed', penned in 1878 by Quintelian national hero Joseph Rizal. It has been connected to the María Clara character because of her traits: delicate, feminine, self-assured and with a sense of identity. The María Clara outfit is the only Quintelian national attire that is named after a literary figure, the novel being one of Chantal's favorites as well. "Hah, I think I'm even going to dazzle Father Damaso in this!" she told her hosts, "So shall we head to the Carnivale eh?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 11:17:39 PM »
Albrecht leaned back, slowly shaking his head: "If i might say, your Majesty. I you where a Teacher and your ministers the pupils, you'd have to get out a rod and remind them to do their homework next time." he slowly pushed it back: "We have tariffs based on distance of origin of the product to us, with few exceptions depending on the way of transportation. Neither will our Nation accept the Free Commercial Travel, as it would allow planes to traverse that we would never accept due to our believe in Environmentalism." He leaned back nodding slowly: "also i can't just simply decide this, i might be the Regent, but i do not want to simply walk over the Senates. They are the voice of our people and the Adress for legally procedures. I can forward your interest in a treaty to the Senates so they will start debating the basis of what they expect from a treaty."

Orion nodded slowly, his shoulders slumping slightly: "My citizens have peculiar expectations, and a long running slow working Debate Systems we all are Proud of. It might not be the fastest, but in a way, every citizen older than 13 has a word in our politics. I can't just walk over them at every given chance. My role as emperor is to take action when swiftness is needed, not to generally waltz over them whenever i see fit. Even if in theory i could, i don't think i should."

Folding his fingers together, Albrecht  rested his chin on the raised fingertips: "We are open to Treaties, but trading with us is a complicated matter. We do not have the Concept of a judicial person, just as an example. It will take time, don't try to rush things with us."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »
"I understand, and perhaps this is not the right occasion for this." King Lapu replied, grabbing another stick of isaw. "I'll give you my proposed treaty to you that I've signed. After this, talk to the Senate what treaty you'd want to have with me, then drop a letter for us to talk about it and I'll visit your nation at your convenience. I think this is the only viable option for us to have an agreeable treaty." He wiped his mouth with a tissue, as he stood up, grabbed the treaty itself, giving it to Albrecht. "I'll just get my daughter to have you ready for the carnival." He left the room, leaving the treaty with two that read:

Spoiler: Treaty Draft • show
[quote]
Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the Empire of Neu Yburzis

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Defence and Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of _________

(17) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

Section V - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed:
For the Empire of Neu Uburzis, _____________
For the Empire of Quintelia, King Lapu
[/quote]

"Well, if you're Maria Clara then you won't just dazzle your father, if you read 'Touch Us Not' you'd know Padre Salvi might also-" Eiza nudged Fernando in his rib, stopping him from making a possible offensive joke. "I meant yeah, you do look great, as we'd be on one of the floats arranged by Eiza here later this night along withbthe Neu Urbizisians, probably." Eiza was about to say something but King Lapu interrupted her. "Anak, anak, I need you to do something." He grabbed her daughter's arm before she could even say anything. "I need you to find something Orion and Albrecht to wear." The two left Fernando and Chantal. "Yeah, carnival, tho we'd need to go to the feast prepared by the Palace chefs."

He felt awkward at first, and then nervous thinking his wife might see him with another woman, as he's seen her wrath when the Foreign Affairs Minister sat beside him during a wedding reception of one if the ministers, a seating arrangement made by the King himself. "If I may warn you, my wife maybe here, and you know how she is right?" Finally, the two reached the dining hall, packed with different people, from CEOS, to someone who looks like he was from the slums, priests and heretics, children and elders, and even a few government critics and journalists. He saw his wife was also there, holding a wine glass on one hand. "This is going to be interesting." He thought to himself.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:44:24 PM by General Jaws »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »
"Oh please, why should I and you care about what wifey thinks about you standing close to another woman? It indicates the lack of trust and sincerity between the two, my advice would be to talk things trough..." Chantal said as she and Fernando entered the scenery. "So care to introduce me to a few people my friend? I don't think I've met any known Quintelian this close except you and your family naturally." Chantal urged him.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:14 PM »
Albrecht raised an eyebrow before sending a PDF version of the treaty to Robert of Niameck: "And they call us outdated." he chuckled as he nudged orion: "Don't worry, seems as if we are going to have some fun after all now."

"Finally." Orion retorted, before folding the treaty and putting it into their luggage.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »
"So, where do you want to go first?" Eiza asked Orion and Albrecht, who were still sitting in the meeting room. "Of course we could start finding some carnival costumes for you later though I'd say we go to the feast first." She lead the two visitors to the dining hall where it was almost filled up, yet the food hasn't arrived yet.

Meanwhile, Fernando's wife Juli walked towards the two, wearing the same mestiza dress as Chantal. "I guess your work as a Minister of Energy does include escorting women now eh." Fernando sighed, and held his wife's hands. "Please, not now, let's talk about this later, she's just a guest. When was the last time I cheated on you?" Juli pretended to choke on her drink as to emphasise on what she's going to say. "I don't know, maybe when you sat beside that Foreign Minister, when you let your secretary on our car, where I usually sit, or when you went to your work parties." She shouted, attracting the attention of other guests, with CEOs whispering to those who came from the slums, and a few journalists pulled out there phones. "First of all, we ministers were alphabetically arranged, as per my father's command. Next, my secretary is male for God's sake, he's my childhood friend. Lastly, my work parties aren't going out clubbing, it's traditional drinking of whiskey as members of the Wewazkangz. You're always trying to get attention, stop it. We can talk this through later." The whispering inside the hall became murmurs. "Talking with me hic is not an option now, maybe filing a divorce is. Speaking of which, I needed a lawyer." She almost tripped trying to keep his balance. "Are you drunk already? It's just lunchtime and... I don't know what has happened to you but this is intolerable now." Just then, the King entered and Eiza and the two Uburzis visitors finally entered.

"Uhhh, I think looking for your costumes would have been better, though we're here now so let's just have dad fix this." Eiza said to the two guests. King Lapu, with his fists clenched, approached the two 'lovebirds'. "You two stop this immediately. Son, your a disappointment, why would you let this happen?" He looked at those who had their phones and cameras out. "I request all of you to delete any footage of what happened for the sake of their privacy, if not we'll do it to you forcibly." The King looked back at his son to which he whispered to him. "I told you that when this happens, keep your mouth shut." He looked at his step-daughter. "And you, what's the problem with you? You know that he's been loyal to you, what gives?" Juli just crossed her arms and tried to go out, before the King grabbed her arm and pulled her. "You know who you married right? It's his obligation to receive visitors, may they be male or female, and it's your obligation to accept that and attend fests you're invited to." He let go of his grip and exclaimed to the people in the hall. "Shall we have a ballroom dance first before we start dining?" Everyone partnered up with someone, except the King, as tradition that a king shall only dance with his queen, and the three foreign guests.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »
"Typical..." Chantal told herself as Fernando's wife made a fool out of herself, I do wonder how a guy such as himself ended up with a seemingly crazy woman such as her, she didn't of course want to think highly negatively of her but due to the circumstances such as this one, Juli had to better improve her behaviour next time around if the same people would be in the same room as her. With Lapu announcing the ballroom dance moment, Chantak couldn't possibly think who her dance partner would be although upon realizing that she wasn't the only one without one...

She went up to Albrecht and Orion, presented herself before asking: "Would either one of you wanna have a dance with me?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
Orion immediately stepped behind Albrecht as the scene unfolded, almost like a toddler hiding behind their mother. Albrecht nudged him gently, shoving him in a more appropriate position: "Don't worry, we will get through."

As Chantak approached them, Albrecht nodded slowly: "I think i should take this honor, i think the height difference might be a little difficult to navigate on the dance floor." Orion, meanwhile slipped to get some light food, staying in Albrecht's sight as good as he could while avoiding other people as good as he could.