Author Topic: The Commonwealth Informer  (Read 7492 times)

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
  • I pronounce my r’s. Dunkin>Starbucks
    • View Profile
    • Factbook of the Commonwealth of Soleimani
  • Your Nation: Republic of Ragha
The Commonwealth Informer
« on: April 13, 2020, 10:51:14 PM »
Plans to Construct New Theme Park Revealed

New plans were revealed recently to build a massive new theme park in the Soleimani-Armin metropolitan area. The new theme park, dubbed “Wisney Dorld” will take up a total of 150 acres of land, and will feature a multitude of amenities. The park will lean heavily on middle-eastern theming to appease the visitors, as the region is rich in middle-eastern culture. The park will feature multiple resorts surrounding the actual theme park. The resorts will have pools, a golf course and many more exciting things.

At the center of the park will be a castle which will be the centerpiece of firework shows which will happen nightly at the park. The castle is supposed to be the home of the famous Soleimani fairytale princess, Cinderbethany. When asked about other possible expansions on top of what has already been shown, the man behind all this, Dalt Wisney, refused to comment. The park will be able to supplement the bordering nations of the Republic of Armin and the Commonwealth of Soleimani, as well as multiple nations surrounding the area. We also asked Dalt Wisney if he had any plans to construct another park on Albion or Aranye, but he once again denied comment.

The park itself will feature multiple rides and shows based off the many movies that have been produced by the Dalt Wisney company, including Ninding Femo, Motorcycles, Soy Tory, The Mittle Lermaid, Pary Moppins and many many more! The park is expected to finish base construction by 2022, and will open in 2023.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: The Commonwealth Informer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 04:42:21 PM »
Massive Transit Expansion in Center City

After a massive boost in population in the Capital City, major transportation issues have arisen. Automobile traffic is at an all time high and trains are frequently being delayed. Early Monday morning, the head of the Tehran Transportation Authority announced a massive new expansion coming to the capital city regarding public transit. The expansion will regard all sectors of the current transportation infrastructure in the city, which includes metro, taxi, bus, private vehicles and more. The plan will also add multiple monorail lines.

Here are the specific changes being made to every mode of transportation:

Monorail- The brand new monorail feature will take citizens throughout the city with frequent stops. The monorail will be fully automated and there will be three main lines. The lines will all circle around the downtown in a shared loop, then will branch off to different directions, and end in another loop. The new monorail cars will travel at an average speed of 40 miles per hour. The three lines will be dubbed S-Link 1, S-Link 2 and S-Link 3.

Metro- The current metro system will be refitted. The stations will feature and increase in platforms and entryways from above ground. The current trains will be scrapped and newer, faster trains that will travel on average at a speed of 200 miles per hour will take their place. M-Link 1 and M-Link 2A will be getting extensions. The 1 lines southern end will be extended with a station at Khomenei and Havez, and another station at Beacon and Tremont streets. The M-Link 2A expansion, on the other hand, will feature several new station on both ends, as well as a new station in between the Haleh street station and the Abbas street station. A whole ne branch of M-Link 2 will also be added, dubbed M-Link 2D. This branch will branch off the Corter street station and extend through Upper Barclaytown. An M-Link 5 is also being added, which will serve the Reidman and Bansha districts and will run primarily down 7th Avenue.

Bus- Several new bus lines will be added, primarily throughout the suburbs, which will allow suburban commuters easier access to the downtown. Multiple new stops will be added in the pre-existing B-Link 3, B-Link 8, B-Link 9, B- Link 11, B-Link 15 and B-Link 20.

Taxi- Multiple new stations will be added throughout Reedy Hill, Beechwood, the Safrain district and more.

Roads- A new bridge will be built over the Grandess River, connecting the Addison district to Gracie Ridge. A new exit off I-1,602 will be added which will connect directly to the Sinai Performance of the Arts Center. Multiple new byways will be built underground and the current I-3 exits will be refit, as well as I-3 being completely submerged underground, allowing for new infrastructure to be constructed.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »

Construction Finished on New Cruise Ship

Yesterday afternoon, the final bolts were fitted into the hull of the Grand Monarch, the latest cruise ship built by Executive Cruises. The Monarch is the first of its class, but more are expected to be constructed soon. Executive Cruises CEO Haleh Rostami spoke earlier today on how the new cruise ship will help the company grow, and also advertised some features on the cruise ship. Being the largest Cruise Line company in the area, it’s quite fitting that their latest ship has broken so many records. The class is the largest class to ever be operated by the Commonwealth. During a press conference today, Executive Cruises Commercial Director George Caldwell spoke about the expected routes this ship will take.

In the winter, the massive cruise ship will sail out of Port Bostonia, and cruise through the Krimeon Sea with stops at Heyra, Kaewen, Jutland and Juhi. In the summer time, the ship will sail from Port Bostonia up towards Alba Karinya, with stops at Ubriekkland, Heyra, Hassfurt and Awhaele. The ship will then turn around and stop at Seaforth twice. The latter of those stops will be at Rokk.

The ship will feature two overground pools, one indoor pool, five outdoor hot tubs, three indoor hot tubs, a basketball court, a running track, a gym, eighteen different restaurants across the ship, from fast food to fine dining, as well as a performance theater, tropical lounge and more.

Speaking of Executive Cruises, the Grand Sovereignty sailed on its maiden voyage Friday afternoon, taking off from Kermanshu, and sailing throughout Lake Escurion, stopping in many small towns and vacation spots along the lake. The Sovereignty, which is also the first of its class, is a smaller ship, designed for short voyages through the lake.

Executive Senator addresses delays in cooperative space program with the ROA: “We are working everyday to make sure this happens.”     New legislation increases funding for ISF as tensions rise in southern Soleimani       Massive influx increase in Soleimani causes recent censuses to become outdated

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 02:23:14 AM »
Executive Cruises Expands Routes

New routes and ships have been recently added to the already massively growing Soleimani cruise empire. In response to major service expansion by Rokkenjima’s Blue Star Ocean Liners, Executive Cruises is now offering weekend spring trips through the Azure Fox Sea, with many stops in Achkaerin as well as a cruise by of the arctic coast. The route will be run by a new Sovereignty class ship, the Grand Empress. The cruise company is also working on a new ship of the medium-sized Allure class. The ship’s name has not yet been revealed, however, the ship is expected to run a route through the Gulf of Safraen, with stops at Clysperis, Safraen, Abydos, Izhitza and Achkaerin.

Legislation Passed Regarding Orthodox Muslims

After mounting pressure from Tamora, the High Council passed legislation today supporting orthodox Muslims in the Commonwealth. The legislation promotes and funds the growth of orthodox Muslim communities, as well as limiting questionable freedoms in orthodox populated areas. The Secretary of Foreign Policy spoke earlier today, saying; “We’re working with Midaranye to make sure that our orthodox Muslims are cared for, and that our communities in which they live in are suited to their preferences, which includes limits on gambling, drinking, and promotion of local mosques. This is all part of an effort to maintain Muslim culture, both orthodox and progressive, in our country.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 03:03:17 PM »
Executive Cruises Planning New Island Routes

Amidst the major expansion of Rokkenjima’s ocean liners, Executive Cruises is offering new and exclusive destinations. Executive Cruises seems to see this as a competition, as the two companies are running in similar fields. In an attempt to expand service across Mundus, Executive Cruises is now offering island routes through the islands of Lodja, Paracambi and Bakkermaya. The Cruise route will have multiple stops at resorts and luxury vacation spots, and will be mainly run by the Allure Class ship, Grand Sapphire. The Sovereignty class ship, the Grand Majesty, will be running the route during the fall season.

The new Grand Sapphire will feature 2 outdoor pools, three outdoor hot tubs, one indoor pool, three indoor hot tubs, waterslides, a specialty lounge, 14 restaurants across the ship, including world class fine dining such as Chef Amier’s, a performance theater, a secondary arts theater, a running track, numerous shops, and much more. The ships will be stopping at a popular snorkeling beach in Bakkermaya, and will even have available paragliding and jet ski classes.

The CEO of Executive Cruises has recently spoke about multiple new ships currently planned for construction or under construction, he also mentioned the specific ships they ordered, including three new Allure class ships, two new Sovereignty class ships, 2 new Monarch class ships, as well as four new ships of another class entirely, a new class which has not yet been revealed, and is under the moniker, Project Unbeatable.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 08:49:30 PM »
Soleimani Orders Highly Advanced Submarine for ASOF

Recently, Soleimani’s Naval Director spoke about the ordering of several new submarines of an unidentified class. According to him, the new submarines will be the most advanced and stealthiest submarine class in Ardia. The submarines will be used by the Amphibious and Special Operations Division of the navy and will be constructed and the Port Bostonia shipyards. The class will fittingly be named the Bostonia class. It will be able to reach a top speed of 27 knots and will be twice as quiet as the Octopus class which the ASOF currently uses. The class will not be replacing any other submarines at the moment. The ships will be able to carry out top secret stealth intercept missions and will be manned by 12 highly trained officers and 130 enlisted each. The submarine will be able to dive to 800 feet.

The ASOF has also ordered five new Osmena Class stealth patrol ships which are to be built in the Carter Redman dockyards on lake Escurion.

Massive new infrastructure plans on Lake Escurion revealed as Soleimani population continues to rise      Dale Leeman retires from Orcas at 36 years old

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 04:25:01 PM »
ASOF Looking to Purchase New Aircraft

Recently, there have been talks of the Navy's Amphibious and Special Operations Forces looking to purchase new Electronic Warfare Aircraft. We spoke with the head of the ASOF division of the Navy, Linda Carnell. She said: "It is true that as of late, ASOF has been looking to expand its assets into the air. Electronic Warfare would be very beneficial to ASOF, and would fit our theme and mission of carrying out special operations and secret missions. These aircraft would be able to disturb enemy signals and radio frequencies to make us harder to detect, and weaken the enemy." Carnell later spoke about how the Amphibious and Special Operations Forces were originally looking to buy the E-6 model of aircraft, which is currently being used by the Air Force, but later decided they wanted to buy the far newer E-23, which is produced by Sellin and Carinder. This prompted questions over whether the Air Force is soon looking to replace its E-6 fleet with the newer model as well, to which Carnell said: "To me, it would only make sense for the Air Force to buy some of these E-23s. They are the natural successor to the aging E-6. However, I know Brian Cranston(Head of the DCF), and he certainly likes his E-6s, so I don't know." If the Air Force were to buy E-23s to replace the E-6s, this would entirely eliminate SoleiForce from the DCF, as the newer model is produced by two cooperating companies, Sellin and Carinder.

The Air Force has also spoke out about their interest in purchasing a squadron or two of H-8s, which are currently being operated by the ROA, and would also be a nice compliment to the Mobar class Amphibious Carrier that the Naval Support Forces are looking to possibly buy, as they would be able to take off and land vertically. The aircraft would also be relatively cheap, as they are somewhat dated. There was further speculation that the Air Force is looking to soon replace its A-25s with the more advanced A-35s, which are also currently operated by the ROA, and are the flagship of the Republic's Air Force.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 04:12:13 AM »
ISF Sent to Ubriekkland Border

Following recent rebellious and communist activity in Ubriekkland in close proximity to the Ubriekkland-Soleimani border, the Internal Special Forces have been sent to the region to monitor the area and make sure no Ubriekkland rebels would be able to escape into the Commonwealth. The Executive Senator has even offered to send assistance via Internal Special Forces across the border and into Ubriekkland to help suppress the communist rebellions in the region. We spoke with the Executive today: “It really would do both of our nations good. We would be fighting for Ubriekkland as well as ourselves, because these rebels might become a threat to us if we don’t stop these movements soon. This would also be a good way to start possible diplomatic relations with our northern neighbors, and I don’t see many reasons that we shouldn’t take action and offer help. It is exactly for this reason that we have invested so much in our military. To assist other nations.”

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
Soleimani and ROA Flex Military Muscle

Yesterday afternoon, military tests began off the coast of the Republic of Armin. The tests appeared to have featured a naval strike group at first glance. The ROA head of Air Fighter Forces spoke out this morning: “We were testing the combat effectiveness of what we call our ultimate carrier strike group. This group would be used to intimidate any countries during tense times, but will also be utilized in the case that we go to war. The group contains both Soleimani ships and aircraft as well as Armin ships and aircraft. We are simply trying to prove ourselves, and remind other countries to not underestimate our power. We conducted the mission in the secluded waters off the coast of the ROA, far from most cargo and cruise routes.” The military exercise featured one Leeman class carrier, one Giarn class carrier, three Bobtail Class destroyers, two Squid class frigates, two Octopus class submarines, two Cuttlefish class amphibious landing docks, one ROA Darbani class frigate and one ROA Collaray class destroyer.

In addition to the ships, the exercise featured ten F-23 aircraft, 20 F-34 Aircraft and 15 ROA EF-200 Aircraft which were stationed on the Leeman class carrier. In addition to that, there were 4 E-6 aircraft, 10 ROA F-35B Aircraft as well as 12 ROA A-35 Aircraft, all of which were stationed on the Giarn class carrier when they were not in the air. The mission also featured 4 NM-4 tactical helicopters and 10 temporarily navalised H-332 helicopters which were stationed in the amphibious landing docks when not in action.

Soleimani sends more ISF troops to the northern border as rebellions grow in an attempt to secure the area

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »
Officials Fearful of Increased Military Spending

Soleimani Secretaries are displeased with the massive increase in military spending as of late. Soleimani Secretary of Finance and Treasury made a statement today, saying: “We understand the need for a strong military to make sure other countries know not to underestimate us, however, the High Council’s recent shift of focus to the military had become quite alarming. At the moment, we are increasing our budget to produce newer models meant to replace perfectly fine assets. Last year, we spent 32% more on the military than the year prior, thats 14.2 billion more makans than the year before, and this year, were projected to spend 46% more than last year! This is quite simply unacceptable. That’s 14.2 billion that could’ve gone into international aid, welfare and numerous other aspects of the government. It’s about time the High Council realizes that they’ve gotten a bit trigger happy and should reduce military spending in the coming years.”

Meanwhile, the Secretary of Defense argues that: “Listen, you need to realize that there are countries out there in Mundus with dozens of carriers and destroyers. We need to be prepared for all threats. In fact, I think as of late we’ve been thinking of more strategic ways to spend our money, to make sure we aren’t wasting any. We have invested in smaller carriers like the Fenway Class carrier of which we have two of under construction. We are investing in more advanced technologies which are unique and capable of holding their own against juggernaut militaries like Rokkenjima. That’s just hypothetical, we are not at all challenging Rokkenjima. Plus, we need to make sure we have a strong navy to assist the Republic of Armin due to their lack of a strong naval force.”

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »
Executive Debuts New Official Transport

The Executive Senator’s new official car is not what most would expect, it is a 1969 Warner Hellhound Bowman Edition. The car is a modified version of one of the original models, of which there are only 130 of left in the entire world. On the outside, the car looks very standard, however, there are a number of safety measures implemented into the car. For example, the windows are bulletproof and the trunk has a first aid kit, there is secret ventilation in the cabin in case of a chemical attack. When the light covers lift up, instead of headlights under them, there’s a machine gun on under the right cover and a tear gas sprayer under the left cover. This is why you don’t ever see the covers raised, even at night. The cars engine is turbocharged to compensate for the additional weight, and the underside of the car has mine-resistant plating. There is a sheet of bulletproof plating in the doors and hood. The inside of the car retains most of its standard aesthetic features, including its leather seats and chestnut trim. However, a hidden command module is located in the front console, where the executive can contact other members of the high council.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 07:53:48 PM »
Tensions Rise in South

As tensions rise in the south, protests are becoming more violent. The government has sent more ISF soldiers and operatives to the highly active southern regions of Soleimani, where rebellious movements are protesting a more socialist and liberal government system, as well as protesting the inclusion of the great religious figure in the Supreme Commonwealth Court. Yesterday afternoon, protesters tackled an ISF officer. They were later arrested. Several large demonstrations have been made in major cities across the south. Today, Gina Parzona, Representative from Newport spoke out on the situation:

We understand that this situation is becoming serious, and we are not trying to suppress it. We must work with these people to target certain issues which they feel must be attended to. However, there are certain limits, for example, we absolutely refuse to remove the Messiah from his role as the Court Justice. We understand that this situation is becoming increasingly dangerous, and we must find a way to put a halt to these protests as soon as possible, and find common ground.

However, Ervin Aria, representative of one of the southern regions, spoke out today criticizing the Messiah and his role in the government and saying that the protesters “have a point” and that they should be heard:

It is understandable why we must control these protests for the well-being and safety of our citizens, however, their argument is very valid. I feel it is necessary that we re-structure the government, and ensure further justice for all citizens, as well as regulation of the economy. It is completely illogical to have a religious figure in one of the lead roles in our government. We’re living in the 21st century! Not the 7th. You cannot have a religious figure make decisions for the entire people of the commonwealth. There will most certainly be bias.

This rift in the government itself could possibly lead to further tensions between the North and South.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 01:57:39 AM »
Stocks of Southern Headquartered Companies Drop Amid Fears of Civil Conflict

The stocks of several southern-located or headquartered companies in Soleimani have dropped this morning as protests in the south gain intensity and investors worry about the effect they will have on companies located in the south. Analysts say this won’t be the end and that multiple stocks are expected to drop further. Stocks that are especially in jeopardy are DW, Carinder and Jahri Incorporated. The sell-off comes as rumors that a civil conflict is on the horizon begin to spread. However, Secretary of State Benyamin Nahal has assured the public that “this is far from a civil conflict” and that “Soleimani is currently the strongest it has been in history.”

Meanwhile, several southern lawmakers are demanding that Soleimani withdraw their military presence from the southern conflicts In Ubriekkland, saying that “We should let things happen naturally”, and that “we can’t simply do this to please Ubriekkland’s government” many of the lawmakers are arguing that the people of southern Ubriekkland should have the right to secede if they feel they must.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 11:15:37 PM »

Executive Passes Two Grand Orders Focused on Reviving Southern Economy

Executive Senator Minstra took initiative today to resolve the recent economic crisis that has hit the southern region of Soleimani after stock investors withdrew from their investments into the companies due to a growing rift between the north and the south. The Executive immediately tried to remedy the economy and passed two grand orders, with another possible grand order coming if the economic instability persists. Today, Executive Minstra spoke out on the situation, saying:
We can’t simply afford to wait and take action. While I fully believe in a free market, this economic instability could only worsen the situation between the north and the south, and it could turn into a full fledged recession for the south, which would cause a serious imbalance in power between the south and north. This situation was different than most economic slides. This time, it was targeted towards a specific group of people. We simply can’t allow that.

When we asked him what his plan was for dealing with the tensions between the north and south, he simply said, “We have a plan to hopefully reconnect the two sides very soon.”

The two Grand Orders passed will temporarily lower overnight rates in southern banks, which hopefully will make the banks more likely to invest in companies, especially companies in the south due to the fact that the targeted banks will all be located in the south. This will hopefully lead to better stock futures for the southern companies. In addition to that, the other grand order is giving all employees of southern companies which are suffering from said economic crisis tax rebates. For one, the rebates will hopefully make up for the money that the companies were unable to pay to their workers, but will also make it more likely that the employees will invest their rebates in the market, especially into the companies which they are working for.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 09:13:36 PM »

Executive Plans Multiple Wildlife Reserves

Yesterday Executive Senator Ronan Minstra took action against the increasing endangerment of natural ecosystems in Soleimani, particularly the Western and Southern region. The Executive and other High Council members say they plan to create multiple nature reserves and national parks to protect to plants and animals that are in jeopardy. The Nayban Rainforest, which covers a large portion of western Soleimani, is currently in danger due to the expansion of agriculture into the area. The unique creatures in the pockets of semi-arid landscapes across Soleimani are also becoming threatened. A large part of the Nayban rainforest will become a federally protected nature reserve, as will the Jaron Plains. Several national parks will be opened to allow citizens of the Commonwealth to explore its nature, and several efforts to rescue and rehabilitate lost animals are also to be put into effect. Several new research and care wildlife camps will be constructed. Hopefully, these efforts will save certain species, such as the well-known Western Soleimani monkey, from extinction.

Carinder and other Southern-based stocks are up after Minstra passed two orders in an effort to save the economy

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

Ubriekkland-Soleimani Summit Complete

Last night a historical summit took place in Tehrestan between the Senator Minstra and the High Lord of Ubriekkland, Perceval Martialis Jundt. Multiple representatives from both nations were also there. During the summit, the two discussed a number of issues, including border protection, maritime patrol and student exchange programs. The summit was set as a foundation for formal relations with Ubriekkland. Afterwards, Executive Senator Ronan Minstra spoke about the summit, saying: “I very much enjoyed my time with the High Lord. He and his fellow representatives were excellent diplomats and I must compliment them on their eloquence and eagerness to find common ground between our two nations. I really look forward to working with Ubriekkland in the future, and I believe that there are so many more possibilities that this alliance could bring. Hopefully, we will have another meeting at some point where we would be able to further our relations and formalize the alliance with a written treaty, but for now, we’ll be working alongside each other and will be offering military, educational and technological assistance to each other.”

Plans have also been revealed to construct a SSCARA speedway in Ubriekkland. This is the first time in the history of SSCARA where the series will be going Multi-National. Further details are expected to be released soon, including when the track will be finished, specifically where it will be built, etc.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 07:54:51 PM »

Soleimani Possibly Getting Involved in Merinan Civil War

Some members of the high council have recently shown interest in supporting the Liberation Army faction of Merina throughout the civil war in that region. The High Council brought the proposition up officially for voting. The vote will take place tomorrow. We'll have updates on the outcome then. Despite this, Executive Senator Ronan Minstra has shown opposition to the proposal, and has said that "There are more peaceful ways to go about the situation in Merina". He is most likely voting no tomorrow, which will right off the bat give the opposing side three votes out of the six needed to reject the proposal. However, the lower council has shown more interest in the idea. If Soleimani does choose to send support to the Liberation Army, then they will be the second nation to do so, after Fleur recently did the same, despite the Council of Albion pushing for a ceasefire. With all this firepower on their side, one will most likely expect a noticeable shift in the direction of the Civil War.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 03:54:58 PM »

Soleimani Sending Military Support to Merina

After heated debates over whether or not Soleimani should take military action to defend Merina’s Liberation Faction, the votes are in. The Lower Council narrowly voted for military engagement, with a 218-179 total. The High Council voted for with a 6-5 total, with Executive Minstra voting against military action. Executive Minstra has repeatedly spoken out against military action, saying that it shouldn’t be the first action, and that Soleimani should give the Council of Albion a chance, however he says that if Soleimani is backing a faction, he’s glad it’s the Liberation Army. Amongst the parties in the lower council, the Laissez-Faire party largely voted against due to their fears that military action may lead to sanctions from Albion nations. The Leftists largely voted no, conservative mostly voted yes, Centrist-Liberals mostly voted Yes, Independent and Traditionalists mostly voted yes but were more even, and Green Party members all voted against with the exception of one member. Council members say they are already preparing for troops and military equipment to be sent to Merina to further assist in training members of the Liberation Army. The vote has only widened the divide in the nation, with numerous protests by southern-based leftists against military action taking place. Many northern senators oppose the actions due to the fact that it may provoke Tamora, whom Soleimani has been trying to build diplomatic relations with. The Secretary of Foreign Affairs is expected to make an official statement later today on the situation.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 12:47:26 AM »

Executive Minstra Criticizes Soleimani SoFA for “Propaganda-like Statements”

Executive Minstra spoke out in opposition to the statements recently made at the Press Office by Soleimani’s Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Vin Meehan. He spoke out today:
What was said by Vin Meehan should not be taken seriously. This man is no longer interested in informing the public in an unbiased manner. He is trying to paint the Council of Albion as an organization with no form or stature. I for one know that the Council is the very opposite of that. This man is violating the very constitution from which this great Commonwealth was born out of, and is using utterly unacceptable authoritarian techniques to make propaganda-like statements which are misleading the public. The people of this commonwealth deserve the truth, especially from a high profile member of our government. I will have a stern private talk with him tonight.

This statement came after the Vin Meehan made multiple statements for the press that are painting the council of Albion and its members in what appears to be a biased and unfair light. Senator Gina Parzona also spoke out, calling the statements “outrageous rhetoric”. Vin Meehan has not apologized for his statements as of yet.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 04:30:32 AM »

Soleimani Temporarily Lifts Economic Sanctions on Rokkenjima

Earlier today, Executive Senator Ronan Minstra made a statement on the sanctions put on Rokkenjima. He spoke about the plan on how to deal with the situation:
Ladies and gentlemen of the commonwealth, upon consulting and discussing the situation with my colleagues, we have temporarily lifted economic sanctions on Rokkenjima. We feel, that if we want to reach an effective solution, then we must discuss the situation directly with the rest of the Assembly of Ardia. We see the economic sanctions as an obstacle that would prevent us from reaching such a discussion. This is why we have lifted the sanctions. If Rokkenjima is reluctant to cooperate with the assembly or if the assembly isn’t able to properly stand up against Rokkejima’s actions we will absolutely resume the sanctions. At the current moment our diplomatic sanctions will remain in place until we hopefully reach an agreement at the Assembly meeting.

This has come to the discontent of many senators of the commonwealth, with High Council member Nahid Kholbali speaking out against the lifting of sanctions saying:
The situation in Heyra is an urgent situation and requires immediate action. We must continue to pressure Rokkenjima and hold them accountable for their ignorance. We don’t have time to set up a meeting. By lifting economic sanctions, we are succumbing to Rokkenjima’s powerful and irresponsible government. Rokkenjima has massive amounts of power, and so they should have to be very responsible when using it. They have the ability to assist Heyra, it isn’t at all as if they can’t afford to do so.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 11:31:13 PM »

New Proposed Legislation Aims at Preserving Rural Economy

Executive Senator Minstra proposed new legislation yesterday that would dramatically increase internet access in rural regions of Soleimani, in an attempt to preserve rural towns and continue rural development to encourage and boost rural businesses and farmers that are fueling the economy. The legislation would be part of a major act currently named, the “Rural Development Preservation Act” or RuDPA. The legislation would spend millions on establishing low profile network antennas as well as a slightly increased funding for Network satellites launched by CARDA. Analysts say they expect Senators/Secretaries Benyamin Nahal and Pedram Dabiti to support the bill which would right off the bat give the proposal 5 out of the 6 needed votes in the High Council to have it be passed, assuming Minstra votes for his own proposal. Political analysts also say they expect Gina Parzona to most likely vote for the legislation, giving it the necessary six votes needed to pass.

The proposal comes as Soleimani begins to see a slowing increase in population for rural regions. Soleimani has long been known for its large rural populations and its preservation and development of rural communities, and as citizens of other nations move to cities and abandon their rural businesses, Soleimani is desperately trying to keep people in rural areas and develop rural communities due to the fact that Soleimani’s economy has over time become dependent on rural businesses due to the long history of rural businesses growing in the nation. The proposal is expected to be just one part of a series of legislation that will be proposed to tackle different aspects of rural development under RuDPA. Voting will take place tomorrow after a short debate is held.

Executive Minstra is expected to make a speech tomorrow afternoon at the Darius Kazem Space Center announcing new CARDA projects

OOC: I had originally intended for this to be posted earlier and so this news post will be retroactive and ICly released before the Yellowtongue outbreak

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »

Ronan Minstra Announces New CARDA Projects at DKSC

Yesterday, Ronan Minstra spoke at the Darius Kazem Space Center to announce several new CARDA projects among other things. After speaking about certain other topics, Minstra began announcing several exciting developments among current projects, including the new launch vehicle which has been under development to replace the Matro rocket. Ronan Minstra announced that the rocket will be called the Simurgh and CARDA will cooperate with Carinder and Tourmeflight in designing the rocket. The private companies will design different parts of the rocket, significantly lowering the cost for CARDA. In addition to the new Simurgh Rocket on the way, the Vodata Lunar Lander is ahead of schedule and is nearing completion. It is expected to begin testing soon.

Minstra spoke about how Soleimani has been striving to become a more advanced and renowned nation when it come to space exploration, and with that, he announced multiple new projects, including the Nahid Surface-Research Probe, which will land on the surface of Ishtar and conduct surveys of the surface and atmosphere of Ishtar as well as capture multiple photos for at least three hours. In addition to that, Minstra announced the Cintari Mission, which is a mission to send a research and surveyor spacecraft to a unique asteroid in the solar system, which scientists believe to be the dead core of an ancient planet. The mission is expected to give insight on the origins of the asteroid. The mission has already been under development. Lastly, Minstra spoke of a new infrared space telescope that is currently being developed and constructed. Minstra said that the new telescope will be able find new stars and galaxies that have not yet been detected, due to the fact that most current space telescopes do not operate on infrared wavelengths. Further information on the individual projects will be released soon.

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 01:17:44 AM »

First Soleimani Satellite is Deactivated Ten Years After Launch

In a bitter-sweet goodbye ceremony, CARDA sent it’s last commands to SCS-1, the first fully operational satellite to be launched into orbit by Soleimani. The satellite’s solar arrays has stopped working two months ago, and its backup batteries were expected to die soon, so CARDA redirected the satellite into a so-called “junkyard orbit”, where it will remain orbiting Mundus inoperable until it falls back to the surface eventually. SCS-1 has served Soleimani and other nations for ten years, relaying telecommunications for the general public and military. CARDA director Darid Kamik spoke on the matter: “Despite the fact that the satellite was nothing more than a communications satellite, it has a special place in our hearts because it marked the start of a new era for Soleimani space travel and research.” Another satellite launch will be taking place soon to launch another communications satellite and a navigation satellite into orbit. It will be the first time Soleimani will send two satellites in one payload.