Author Topic: Elanian Broadcasting Corporation  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Elanian Broadcasting Corporation
« on: May 03, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
Bank of Elania +0.51%;  Elanian Petroleum Company +0.26%; Opole Shipyards +0.10%; Alexandria Real Estate Equities +0.15%; Elanian Airlines Group -0.12%;  Elanian Electric Power +0.25%; Erbasu Industries +0.22%; Torun pharmaceuticals -0.32%

President Elena Marin delivered annual state of the nation address

President Elena Marin addressing the nation

“Dear citizens, the previous year was almost in every way the best year in Elania’s history. Thanks to our common efforts we have seen the standards of living increase across all citizenship levels, more Elanians are employed now than ever before. It has never been easier to find a job in Elania and that is thanks to extraordinary entrepreneurs and the government which guided them. The stock market reached a new high increasing almost 15% in 2019 showing the ever growing strength of our economy. The crisis of the late 90s is but a distant memory but one that we must never forget or we risk repeating the mistakes of the past.

The nation is also more secure than ever. Just as I have promised when I was elected, last year was the tenth consecutive year in which our armored forces received the 5% of GDP which it needed to keep the nation secure. We have also seen a reduction in overall crime thanks to the vigilant and proactive police force and the state of the art surveillance system which we have installed in the last four years. Criminals of all kinds have a tougher time than ever and I guarantee you it will only get tougher for them. 

Put more importantly, the nation is stronger. Patriotism is rising and anti-government activity is dropping. Last year’s number of births was a new record and the nation reached 50 million people. A large nation is a powerful nation and the government will continue to make every efforts sot that the nation’s number of citizens will continue to increase.

But despite these achievements the risks to our Republic remain great. Communist Kaitaine in the North continues to be a threat for our nation.  Religious extremism in Kaitaine is also on the rise and there is now the risk that a theocratic state could appear on the map. I will like to assure you that the Armed Forces are ready to intervene and protect the nation should the situation escalate. Elania will never return to communist rule or fall prey to religious extremism.

Lastly, just as I have promised, this year will mark a turning point in our foreign relations. Elania will seek to engage more on the world stage. We will seeks to form bonds of friendship with nations that share our beliefs which are best summarized in our motto “no gods or kings, only the motherland”.

Thank you for your attention and let us continue to make Elania the beacon of freedom, reason and prosperity that Mundus so desperately needs.  Let us all rise now and say together the pledge of allegiance.”