Author Topic: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)  (Read 95033 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2020, 05:26:05 AM »

Rokkenjima Ratifies Cross-Straits Community Charter

A proposed flag for the Cross-Straits Community, itself rooted in the history of the Cross-Straits System.

Following a Summit held at the Headquarters of the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation Empress Evanthe has announced the Rokkenjiman ratification of the Cross-Straits Community Charter. The Empress offered the following remarks from Pyrena Castle:

"From its inception in the depths of the Era of Soviet Aggression, the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation emerged as a union of nations dedicated to their joint security, as well as ensuring that a peaceful and stable world arose around them. As the bonds of friendship grew even further between them some, but not all, joined themselves further in the formation of the Cross-Straits Union. Today, we see the process of two institutions intertwined by history and origin moving closer to a more united Cross-Straits System. While the two have often shared common principles on a variety of matters we had not seen formal coordination and cooperation; with the introduction of the Cross-Straits Community, the Cross-Straits System finds itself, finally, in a position of unity which will broaden the positive influences of both the Union and the Organisation as Mundus stands upon the precipice of yet another dark era."

"It is my hopes that, together, the Union and the Organisation may leverage their strengths and capabilities to the service of international stability, supporting the principles and ideals we've long pursued for a more stable and equitable Mundus. We cannot cede the progressive victories which saw human rights expanded across Mundus, nor can we return to an era where strongmen and despots hold the international community hostage in the pursuit of their designs. Nor can we allow for a new imperialist era which sees weaker states fall into the orbit of increasingly interventionist powers who seek to upend the international order to perpetuate their decrepit and repugnant ideologies. We must also see that keystone international accords are not weaponized by such states, which would ultimately undermine their very validity."

"There will be much to discuss at the first Summit of the Cross-Straits Community, from the mundane tasks of integrating the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation within the joint Headquarters to addressing the pressing issues of the modern era. I am confident that, as we've done in the face of each crisis which came before, the nations of the Cross-Straits System will rise to the challenge and make those decisions which demand difficult, but necessary, resolve. Following the conclusion of this inaugural Summit we shall approach our international neighbours and partners so they may know, with no uncertainty, where the Cross-Straits Community stands, and that for which it stands. For these reasons I proudly affixed my signature, dedicating the First Empire to the vision and potential which is represented through the Community."

"In addition to the signing of this agreement, for the first time in several years the First Empire has signed a treaty with the Kingdom of East Moreland, re-establishing a formal relationship which, at one time, was quite unshakeable. We had, unfortunately, seen several developments during the reign of the Saisei Empress which derailed the Rokkenjima-East Moreland relationship. Even after all that had happened we then witnessed several measures taken seemingly to spite the Kingdom, including the acquisition of new naval bases in the Illumic region. While those mistakes have been rectified, the road ahead may be long but once again the First Empire and the Kingdom share obligations to each other, the foundation of trust is being repaired and, day by day, we may each build together to restore fully that which was discarded by my predecessor."

In other international developments Empress Evanthe stated that the First Empire would not be recognizing the Cross-Islands Republic. "Rokkenjima recognizes and respects the territorial integrity of the Demarchic Republic of Runavik, and offers whatever assistance may be necessary in order to maintain that integrity."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2021, 07:21:14 PM »

IHC Announces Millennial Conversion Program

IRN Prudence, one of the submarines the IRN is converting into a cruise missile submarine.

Imperial High Command confirmed reports to the RBC that three of the oldest Millennial Class submarines would be converted into cruise missile submarines, complimenting a continued shift in Rokkenjiman naval operations spearheaded by Empress Evanthe. In the new configuration the Millennials shall be capable of conducting conventional land attacks while aiding in special operations. In lieu of the ballistic missiles they presently carry their new load out will consist of 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles as well as 66 special operations personnel, amongst other capabilities and upgrades. The conversion process will see 22 of the 24 88 inch diameter missile tubes modified to host large vertical launch systems, one such configuration may be a cluster of seven Tomahawk cruise missiles.

The maximum load of 154 cruise missiles is equivalent of the typical deployment in a surface battle group, with other payload options including future generations of supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles, as well as intermediate range ballistic missiles. Unmanned aerial vehicles, sensors for antisubmarine warfare, in addition to assets used for surveillance and reconnaissance missions, are also capabilities being figured in the conversion process. "Following a review it was determined that the strategic interests of the continuous deterrent maintained by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy could be met by seven Millennial submarines. Thus the three oldest of the class are undergoing a conversion process which will enable them to serve in a capacity which broadens the IRN's operational focus," a statement read from Imperial High Command.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »

Imperial Ryūsei Delivered, Concorde Set To Be Retired

The Imperial Ryūsei, an Abstergo SST-7000, has been delivered to the Imperial Government.

Pyrena Castle has announced that it has received delivery of the specialized Abstergo SST-7000 Ryūsei which will serve as the official air transport for the Empress. Capable of speeds of Mach 2.7, the Ryūsei also boasts more room on board while maintaining the capabilities of the present Imperial Concorde to keep the Empress connected and capable of conducting her duties while airborne. Having received certification in 2017 from the Imperial Aviation Administration the production of the plane for use by the Empress was delayed due to the equipment and modifications necessary for the utilization of the Crown. It is expected that the Imperial Ryūsei will be employed by the Empress in the coming days for two overseas visits, one of which shall be to the Kingdom of Dartfordia where she shall accompany the Crown Princess for a visit to the Kingdom.

The Imperial Concorde, which has served as the official transport of the Empress, will be retired but maintained.

The Imperial Concorde, meanwhile, will be maintained as a back-up while serving the transport needs of members of the Imperial Council, should the need arise. While not heavily employed throughout recent history, as the Saisei Empress preferred to travel via the Imperial Yacht Austrana, the Imperial Concorde has been a sight in various trips around Mundus.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2021, 08:46:43 AM »

Crown Princess Arrives In Tytor

Crown Princess Adriana arrived in the Kingdom of Tytor for a preliminary visit to her soon to be school in Tsargrad.

Crown Princess Adriana, joined by Empress Evanthe upon the Imperial Ryūsei, arrived in the Kingdom of Tytor earlier this morning to visit her soon-to-be school, Anson Preparatory Academy. During her visit to the Kingdom the Crown Princess engaged directly with the Tytorian public, taking selfies with several members of the public before spending the afternoon working with SMART to provide warm meals for disadvantaged individuals before volunteering her time at a homeless shelter where she donated toiletries, clothing and medication. Following her charity work the Crown Princess headed to the Royal Palace of Tsargrad, where her and the Empress visited with the Tytorian Royal Family and enjoyed dinner with the close Rokkenjiman allies.

The Crown Princess shared the following words following the visit to the Royal Palace before departing for a visit to Dartfordia:

"Today I saw all walks of life in Tytor: the technologically savvy who follow developments on Twitter and other means of social media to the disadvantaged who rely upon charity to fulfill their needs. From the every-day Tytorian taking a picture with me to the Tytorian Royal Family welcoming myself and my Aunt at the Royal Palace, from working in soup kitchens to a Royal Palace's kitchen answering to my whims and desires. We can do better, we must do better, for the least advantaged of those amongst us. Following my departure from the Palace, I instructed the Imperial Culinary Staff of Rokkenjima to craft a package of aid to those disadvantaged in the Kingdom to ensure their dietary needs are met. So long as the weakest mouth is hungry, we each have a responsibility to see that their mouth is fed before we even sit at a table, and I'll continue to do all I can to see that goal is met."

"Before I leave, I have always loved Tytor, but we can recognize each nation is not perfect. We can always do better for the least advantaged amongst all of us, and so long as we endeavour to see our efforts towards them succeed, we can change the world. This is why I am establishing the Cross-Straits 'Pay-It-Forward' system, which will see banks linked to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Bank round up all purchases towards the purchase of a meal for one who can't afford it. It's my hopes that this system of forward payment will reach out to all banks throughout the Cross-Straits System, and that we'll see a future where those who have will willingly provide for those who do not have."

The Crown Princess and Empress are set to arrive in the Kingdom of Dartfordia in the coming hours.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »

ISEA Announces Resumption Of Project Hakken

Project Hakken will be built by Abstergo Industries in partnership with the Imperial Space and Exploration Agency. Hakken is seen above with its Tytorian counterpart for comparison.

The Imperial Space and Exploration Agency has announced Project Hakken (Discovery), which was developed in response to the Tytorian Aerospace Ministry's Project Challenger and halted with the demise of the original Challenger, with resources moving to the Akari Program as Rokkenjima's main focus upon space exploration. Citing a "need for flexibility" in ISEA's efforts, as well as an option which would allow for expanded crews to be sent into space, Hakken received approval and funding for resumption. Abstergo will focus its efforts to resume the project around Hakken-I, which has sat at nearly 27% completed since the projects original halting. A total of three Hakken spacecraft are expected to be built according to the ISEA contract granted to Abstergo.

In addition to expanded crew options ISEA will employ Hakken for missions to Space Station Adora. In addition, the idea of the Hakken orbiter incorporating autonomous systems and a capability to conduct unmanned operations absent of a crew have been floated by ISEA insiders not authorized to speak on the program.

"As with Project Akari ISEA always builds its projects with cooperation in mind," Director Nye shared with the RBC. "This includes cooperation with our Tytorian colleagues, as well as all other members of the Cross-Straits Community primarily. States which presently lack the means to explore the shared heritage have also been prime candidates for inclusion as guests in ISEA missions. This spirit of cooperation will continue with Project Hakken's resumption."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2021, 11:01:05 PM »

Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy Deploys In The North

IRN Azukishima will be participating in the deployment from QCMB.

The Mizuchi Class Destroyer Excelsior and Ashinxao Class Frigate Azukishima have departed QCMB following an agreement between Valtheim and Pyrettania authorizing their deployment. The two ships will join INS Seonaid Ayanami which has been deployed in a precautionary role as the situation in Parbhani continues to be one of great concern to Northern tranquility and stability. According to Imperial High Command the ships will operate in "full liaison" with Achkaerinese command. The authorization for Rokkenjiman vessels to deploy from QCMB marks the first time such a deployment has been authorized within the past few years.

"Given the delicate nature of the situation as it presently stands while also considering the ongoing operations of Achkaerinese personnel in Izhitsa, the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy determined Rokkenjiman assets may be of assistance in supporting the actions of the Holy Empire. These vessels will be operating in full liaison with Achkaerinese command, and will take no actions beyond what is requested of our allies for the duration of this deployment. It is the sincerest goals of the First Empire to see the Great Northern Sea maintain its peace and tranquility."

The RBC raised the objections of the Republic of Fleur to the Achkaerinese deployment and sought comment from Pyrena Castle as to whether that objection would impact the Rokkenjiman deployment. "The opinions of the Republic have been noted, however, they shall have no bearing on the decision making process of the First Empire on this matter."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2021, 07:55:30 AM »

Crown Princess To Shadow Empress Evanthe; Comments On Tytorian Programs

Crown Princess Adriana is set to shadow Empress Evanthe upon return from her studies abroad.

Pyrena Castle has confirmed that Crown Princess Adriana will "shadow" Empress Evanthe following her return from her studies abroad, extending her education throughout school vacation months. "Empress Evanthe's experience in Rokkenjiman governance, as well as her extensive career in the fields of diplomacy and international affairs, are a pool of experience I wish to draw on," the Crown Princess shared in an interview with the RBC. "By observing her day-to-day work, I'll be able to learn first-hand the many duties, expectations and unexpected scenarios that will face me in the future. This experience will allow me to rule with confidence and assure the Rokkenjiman People that, once I ascend, the First Empire will be handed off to good and capable hands."

Pointing out the stir caused within Tytor following the announcement of her Dietary Assistance Program (DAP) and Pay-It-Forward initiatives, reporters inquired as to the thoughts of the Crown Princess on the positions taken by various figures in the Kingdom of Tytor. "The support of Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, and the cooperation we've seen with her administration, has been amazing and very humbling. She's always been someone I've looked up to, a woman Mum has spoken very highly of, and someone I hope to continue to learn from. That she would be so supportive and engaging with me, especially with my age, that is how the present generation builds up the next generation of leaders and put them in a position for success. Because, isn't that what is best for us all, a cooperative succession to the next generation which ensures our nations are best equipped to face tomorrow?"

On the unfavourable remarks of former Prime Minister Goodfellow the Crown Princess audibly sighed. "Friends help each other out, they're not simply there to take part in the good times but also carry us through the worst. When I'm having issues and a friend offers advice, or takes me out to eat to cheer me up, is that meddling? The Imperial Culinary Staff devised a package of aid, one part which included recipes which could be made cheaply but completely nutritiously sound, which is estimated could lower malnutrition rates below 1% if implemented broadly across the Kingdom. Imagine then as the First Empire and the Kingdom perfect these methods and jointly develop similar programs for those nations much less fortunate than our own? This program is like winning twice: we help our friends and, together, learn how to best help those around us since we'll have already perfected the methods solving our own issues."

"If we're to leave governing to the adults, who led us to this current situation, nothing will change," the Crown Princess continued. "We must be open to ideas not because they were hatched from the mind of an elder, or from one of our own compatriots, but because the idea itself is sound. Boxing our thinking in such ways keeps us trapped in the past and, gauging from the results of the elections, the People of Tytor agree with this assessment."

"And to Popular Front leader Benjamin Morales, I don't see it as charity. If I can do something myself but the assistance of a friend helps me to achieve it more quickly and efficiently, especially with their interests only in my wellbeing and benefit, that is a part of friendship. We accept each other at our best and our worst, working together only deepens our bonds. I may be young, but my belief in that greater good guides all of my actions. I would be interested to speak with the Rt. Hon. Morales though and learn from his perspective as that would further enrich my understanding of the issues at hand."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2021, 08:40:22 AM »

Imperial High Command Annonces Deployments To QCMB, QKNB

Iona Azurewind departs Rokkenjiman waters for the Great Northern Sea.

With the recommissioning of the Reverence Class battleship, reportedly in part as a response to the Zircon missile fielded by Kaitaine, Imperial High Command has announced that IRN Iona Azurewind would be deployed to the Northern Fleet of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, whilst IRN Alexander Vaughan would be deployed to Queen Katenka Naval Base as a part of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Kyne Fleet. According to reports from Imperial High Command Iona Azurewind will transit the Karifan Ocean, well within the range of Kaitaine's Zircon missiles, on its transition to Queen Cecelia Military Base in the Holy Empire of Achkaerin. The ships are expected to fulfill a fire support role for Rokkenjiman ground forces primarily, while others suspect that the battleships will be employed in escorting Rokkenjiman carriers in areas where Zircon could pose a threat to Rokkenjiman operations. Pyrena Castle has downplayed that speculation, however, pointing to Rokkejiman-Kaitaine cooperation in regards to terrorism.

"The Imperial Rokkejiman Navy is no enemy to Kaitaine," Grand Marshal Rowe said to the RBC. "Our forces remain aligned against terrorism, as evidenced by annual Rokkenjiman military aid to Kaitaine due to the threat of Bene Gesserit terrorism. There remains a niche which the Reverence Class, carrying its compliment of Harbinger shells, is best suited to meet, which is why Imperial High Command has pressed the class back into service. Speculation that the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, or any other institution of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces, are responding to Kaitaine as an adversary ignore Rokkenjiman support for Kaitaine's fight against terrorism."

Each vessel of the Reverence Class is named after a foreign national honoured by the First Empire, thus it comes as little surprise as to the choices for deployments to these two bases. IRN Eliot Quin, named after the famed Thematan who saw the overthrow of the genocidal Thematan regime, is being attached to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Home Fleet whilst Edward Truden is making steam for Tytor, where she will conduct joint exercises with Tytorian vesels in the Strait of Shaw. Named after a former Elpidian Prime Minister, and a joint ally of the First Empire and the Kingdom, Edward Truden represents a link to the origins of the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation and pays a fitting homage to the past while looking to the future of the alliance.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2021, 07:56:54 AM »

Josiah Rhodes To Conduct Port Of Call In Centralia

Josiah Rhodes of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Kyne Fleet will conduct a port of call in Centralia.

IRN Josiah Rhodes, which transited the Sea of Kyne with Alexander Vaughan and Iona Azurewind, has arrived to conduct a port of call in the Centralian port of Innsmouth. While in port the crew of Josiah Rhodes will be honing their skills on conducting repairs and maintenance in a port unfamiliar to them while engaging in rest and relaxation in Innsmouth. No joint maneuvers are planned between the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy and the Centralian Federal Navy, with Imperial High Command stating the stop is "one of convenience; we will never turn down a warm invitation which gives our crews a chance to tend to much needed duties while also having the chance to unwind."

"Sailors of all navies are mercy to the seas, whether the winds be fortunate or otherwise. It is a welcome duty of all sea-faring nations to welcome foreign vessels into their ports, thus the invitation of Centralia was accepted. Following her port of call in Innsmouth Josiah Rhodes will follow her course back toward Floodwater, where she will engage in further exercises with the Royal Tytorian Navy. While this course, both ways, will bring her close to the territorial waters of the Tamoran Empire Imperial High Command does not intend for these transits to be a message to Djerb."

Josiah Rhodes will spend upwards of 96 hours in Innsmouth, after which she will make steam for Floodwater on her return to Rokkenjiman waters.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2021, 06:26:06 AM »

Josiah Rhodes Underway After Maintenance Successful

Josiah Rhodes makes steam for Floodwater following a visit to Centralia.

IRN Josiah Rhodes departed Innsmouth to make her second stop in the tour, Port Monsoon, Floodwater after partaking in routine maintenance to the propulsion system of the ship. "These maintenance operations couldn't be undertaken while at sea, however, none of the required work threatened the seaworthiness of Josiah Rhodes nor did they impede her ability to engage in operations." Captain Tokuma Ayuri spoke with the RBC on the visit, citing "the respect and hospitality which we were shown by our Centralian counterparts despite the narrative painted by domestic media."

"While it is unfortunate that we could not invite onlookers aboard for any sort of tours, Josiah Rhodes is an active warship after all, I had the pleasure of inviting Captain Daniel R. Moore of the FNS George W. Morris aboard for lunch some hours before our departure for Floodwater. We enjoyed a stroll upon the deck afterwards, where Captain Moore remarked upon the size of Josiah Rhodes turrets. I can certainly understand the awe, the first time I was aboard her I found it difficult to pry my eyes from them as I passed by. While we didn't have any Centralian dishes available I do believe he had an enjoyable lunch with what we had available."

Continuing Captain Tokuma recalls discussing the capabilities of their respective ships. "In addition to her compliment of missiles and main 18-inch Susanoo shells, which carry an extended range and speeds in excess of Mach 2.5, I explained a bit about our Susanoo MWS, or multiple warhead shell. This allows a single shell to attack multiple targets simultaneously, or in a series of attacks against a single target. In effect I explained how this allowed a single Reverence Class the capacity to simulate the gunfire support of several smaller surface vessels. In an example he could visualize, Josiah Rhodes herself could most likely provide the same firepower as three ships of the CFN, though I don't know which was stronger: Captain Moore's intense curiosity or his seeming unease as our brief tour of the topside continued."

Edward Truden fires her guns in exercises with the Royal Tytorian Navy, which Josiah Rhodes will be partaking in upon her arrival.[/i]

Josiah Rhodes will join in firepower exercises alongside the Royal Tytorian Navy, where targets are expected to be struck at a testing site within Rokkenjiman territorial waters to test the state of the ICON Fire Control System Mark III and Communications and Logistics Suite 2.0. "We have to ensure that compatibility across these systems are free of errors," Captain Tokuma said, "while ensuring they remain accurate and capable of maintaining integration with newer ICON systems. I'm confident in the abilites of Josiah Rhodes in this regard and look forward to sharing some mead with my Tytorian counterparts upon the completion of our exercises."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2021, 06:30:22 AM »

Austrana Arrives In Arovium

Arovium made a visit to the Duchy of Josai, carrying what many believe to be the Crown Princess and the Earl of Eastwood.

HMY Austrana arrived earlier today in the Duchy of Josai following a transit across the Strait of Arovium from Tytor. The visit, while unannounced, drew the attention of local boaters who took notice of the Imperial Yacht upon its arrival. The Yacht, which has been deployed to the Kingdom of Tytor for the duration of the Crown Princess' education abroad, served as the primary means of transportation for the Saisei Empress with Empress Evanthe preferring to utilize the Imperial Ryūsei for her transportation needs. According to speculation from tabloid publications the Crown Princess and Duchess of Josai was joined by Thomas Emmanuel Roland Frederick Xavier Waverly-Edwards, Earl of Eastwood, heir to the Duchy of Vigil, and great nephew of King Michael I of Tytor on her transit across the Strait. The RBC cannot verify the accuracy of these claims.

Pyrena Castle refused to confirm such reports stating "Those who may or may not be aboard the Austrana are matters which are traditionally not released to the Press, save times of national crisis where the Rokkenjiman People would need to know the whereabouts of the Empress and the Imperial Family. As in previous matters involving the Crown Princess we would remind such publications that the Crown Princess is a minor, and that Pyrena Castle will use all measures at its disposal to preserve her privacy. We will also take this opportunity to dissuade the paparazzi and amateur photographers from approaching the Austrana, as the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy maintains a strict Exclusion Zone around her at all times. Vessels approaching the Austrana in an unannounced and unauthorized manner are certain to have a most unpleasant day."

Requests for comment from sources in the Kingdom of Tytor remained unanswered at time of publication.

Chrysanthemum Throne Blocks Recognition Of Theocracy

Following a motion from junior members of the Imperial Diet for the First Empire to take up debate "regarding Rokkenjiman recognition of the Theocracy of Kaitaine" Pyrena Castle swiftly indicated that any Acts of the Diet which sought to "compel Chrysanthemum Throne to recognize the existence of a 'Theocracy of Kaitaine' would be denied Imperial Assent. "Despite recent events the fact remains that the Truthsayers remain a recognized terrorist enterprise by the First Empire of Rokkenjima. Just as we have not recognized the so-called "Principality of Borland" as a sovereign nation, we shall not grant terrorists the trappings of legitimacy by recognizing the existence of a self-proclaimed Theocracy. As it is the Crown which exercises such authority now, and for the foreseeable future, any questions of Rokkenjiman recognition of the Theocracy may be answered quite simply: no," read a brief statement from Pyrena Castle.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2021, 02:17:08 AM »

Crown Princess Apologizes To Kingdom

Crown Princess Adriana has disavowed remarks regarding Jenka-Jenkinson, a historically touchy issue in Rokkenjiman-Dartfordian relations.

Crown Princess Adriana has issued a formal apology to the People of Dartfordia for "my naïve and unwarranted insertion into Jenka-Jenkinson. It was inappropriate for me to say anything on the matter, and I respect the decisions of the Royal and Local Governments thus far. I apologize for any difficulties which have taken place due to my comments and hereby retract them. I must remember that I am not only a Princess of Rokkenjima but also of Dartfordia, and I did not keep the interests of our Kingdom in mind with my words. I hope that you all will allow me the opportunity to prove to you that, though a daughter of Rokkenjima, I am also a daughter of Dartfordia and I will not exercise such poor judgement in the future."

The remarks come after the Crown Princess visited her family in Dartfordia which was expanded to include an "educational and informative" session with Prime Minister Daniel Cleaver. "The Prime Minister was kind enough to take some time out of his day to speak with me," Crown Princess Adriana shared with the RBC, "going all the way back to the formative days of Jenka-Jenkinson, to the departure of Dartfordia from the CSU to, finally, present day events. He explained them not chiding me, but in a way I could tell he wanted me to understand and a way which would be best for all involved. I appreciate the time he took with me and will not repeat mistakes I've made, Dartfordia deserves more from me and I won't let them down anymore. After we could see things from the same page I even got to show the Prime Minister one of the best Rokkenjiman restaraunts in Hematite, even cluing him in on the 'secret' menu where they hide the best treats."

Before departing Dartfordia to resume her studies in the Kingdom of Tytor the Crown Princess spent two hours volunteering at a Hematite SPCA. "I want to spread goodwill each time I visit, no matter where it is or who it's directed towards. One of the greatest ways we can reduce unwanted animals, when considering a new pet, is adoption from a shelter. I made many friends on my visit to the SPCA, especially a certain black kitten who will be returning with me to the First Empire, and I encourage those who are looking for a companion to take an hour out of their day and acquaint themselves with the many beautiful hearts housed here." Pyrena Castle declined to comment for this story.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2021, 06:02:54 AM »

Azukishima-Ashinxao Attack Thwarted

Operations at Azukishima-Ashinxao continued uninterrupted during the most recent attempt.

An attempted attack against the Azukishima-Ashinxao Power Station was thwarted according to the Imperial Energy Agency. Utilizing a similar vector as the Trinitron Attack of 2018 the attempted attack was detected, with security measures put into place following the 2018 attack nullifying this most recent attempt. Sources with the IEA state that the code was designed to "cause control systems at Azukishima-Ashinxao to operate in a manner to cause physical damage to several systems, including the reactors. Security measures put into place, including a hardening of the code which controls operations at the Plant, prevented the execution of the malicious code and preserved the safe operations of the Plant."

While operations continued uninterrupted the IEA and Rokkenjiman intelligence officials have announced a full investigation into the attempt. "As with the previous Trinitron attack the sophistication involved points to a state actor, however unlike the previous attack no communications took place as the code was effectively sandboxed upon execution. We will work diligently, line-by-line, to determine the origin of this attack. Information will be shared with CSTO intelligence partners to expedite the process. We are treating this as an attack against critical infrastructure of the First Empire and will approach the situation as it develops to ensure the safety and security of our Empire and allies," a statement read from Pyrena Castle.

No further comment was available at time of publication.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2021, 03:15:03 AM »

RAEA Pushes Forward With ANEEL

The Rokkenjima Atomic Energy Agency has focused Rokkenjiman nuclear attention upon new fuels.

Presently most of what is used for fuel in the numerous reactors around Mundus is enriched uranium. In the future, the RAEA sees a shift toward the promise to be found in the element thorium. The RAEA, in cooperation with Ashinxao University of Pyrettania, have partnered with Abstergo's Future Technologies Division to fabricate a new type of fuel known as "Advanced Nuclear Energy for Enriched Life", or ANEEL for short. Utilizing a proprietary combination of thorium (Th) and uranium (U), specifically high assay low energy uranium, ANEEL fuel can address several issues surrounding nuclear power including cost, proliferation and waste. With ANEEL being made in Rokkenjima RAEA sees it positioned as a candidate for export to new and emerging nuclear markets.

Taking inspiration from similar projects conducted by the Kingdom of Seaforth the RAEA believes that it has produced a fuel which will be suitable to both domestic and foreign markets. "Through utilizing existing reactor technology we believe it is possible to avoid regulatory hurdles toward deployment while minimizing costs," Abstergo CEO Albert Relkin shared with the RBC. "Irradiation and testing is scheduled to take place in the coming weeks, with Abstergo and our research partners aiming for commercial viability to be achieved by 2024. This approach allows ANEEL to be identical to the fuel currently used in existing PHWRs, however, with its composition and configuration the burn-up rate means that the fuel remains in the reactor longer, allowing us to get more energy out of the same amount of fuel. In addition, it is prohibitively difficult to make into a weapon while reducing waste by over 80% and results in much less plutonium. Less fuel spent leads to less refueling, less fuel handling, less cost and less volume to dispose of. This positions ANEEL as an ideal candidate for use in emerging nuclear markets while reducing greatly the prospects for proliferation following the universal disarmament."

"Through delivering optimal performance in existing heavy water reactors ANEEL breaks barriers for fuel utilisation, proliferation resistance and safety, thus lowering the hurdles to deploy nuclear energy. When used in small heavy water reactors it is ideal for deployment to emerging countries where the need for clean energy is, perhaps, most urgently felt. While it will provide maximum advantages in PHWRs and SENDU (Seaforth Deuterium Uranium) units, in principle such fuel concepts can be adopted for existing light-water reactors or small modular reactors. The First Empire has long believed in the peaceful potential of the atom, and bringing ANEEL into the equation will allow greater flexibility in addressing the complexities of the continuing march of Mundus toward a clean energy future while preserving the goals of ensuring non-proliferation are upheld."

The RAEA is looking to partner with emerging nuclear markets, in line with MAEA protocol and the expected Non-Proliferation Treaty expected to be released by Pyrena Castle in the coming days. "By beginning work now with potential partners we can ensure that once ANEEL is fully ready for deployment we can hit the ground running in providing safer fuel which meets the energy needs of all nations involved, in a manner which preserves the responsible spread of nuclear technology and materials. The First Empire stands ready to support this effort through the Atoms of Peace initiative, one which will see cooperation on this crucial sphere independent of political situations. We all have a responsibility in ensuring a safer world, not only for the present but well into the future, and we feel Atoms of Peace will be an important vehicle in ensuring those goals are preserved and met."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2021, 05:05:39 AM »

IRN Conducts Second Centralia Visit

Kitsune is the latest vessel to visit the Aranye nation.

IRN Kitsune has added her name to the list of Rokkenjiman warships to visit the Centrallian port of Innsmouth as the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy conducts a realignment of Rokkenjiman assets in the Sea of Kyne.

While in port the crew of the Kitsune conducted minor repairs of the vessel while taking ample rest and relaxation time on the shores of Centrallia. Tours were open to members of the Centrallian public, whilst the pilots of the vessels RK-80Ns offered a brief air show within the waters of Innsmouth. A spokesperson for the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy stated that "while not a traditional ally of the First Empire reports came back following the visit of Josiah Rhodes to Centrallia which spoke of the warmth of the locals to our personnel. We look forward to maintaining this relationship with the Centrallians as we transition vessels in and out of the region."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2021, 03:35:38 AM »

Rokkenjima Commemorates Seventh Year Of CMAP

A Rainbow Flag flies at the Rokkenjiman Embassy in Tytor.

Empress Evanthe, in an unannounced visit to the Rokkenjiman Embassy in Tsargrad, Tytor for a ceremony commemorating the seventh year of the Consular Marriage and Adoption Program. CMAP allows Rokkenjiman consulates and embassies to conduct same-sex marriages and provide adoption services in nations where such options are unavailable or unrecognized under local law. CMAP established a class of citizenship for the citizens of such nations which allows them the right to marry and seek adoption services at a Rokkenjiman consulate or embassy within their nation, however, no further rights of Rokkenjiman citizenship were afforded. The class of "Honourary Citizenship" does allow for them to seek residence within Rokkenjima and pursue for full Rokkenjiman citizenship.

"The success we have seen in seven years of the Consular Marriage and Adoption Program has been remarkable. Thousands of couples who would otherwise have had no path to marriage have been able to exchange vows, while countless others have been able to start their families via adoptions provided by Rokkenjiman Diplomatic and Consular staff. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of them and to see the happiness in their eyes, the realization of hope for the future, is a sight I have never been able to forget. It is unfortunate, however, some governments seemingly see the lives of their LGBTQ citizens as having less worth, a state of affairs which I hope we can continue to turn the tides against. Until all People of a nation regardless of regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity are afforded equal rights by their Governments they cannot rightly consider themselves truly free societies or nations."

"Thankfully we have been joined in the past by steadfast allies in the effort to ensure equality for all," the Empress continued. "Nations such as the Kingdom of Dartfordia, the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, and the Elpidian Federation proved themselves as steadfast allies in the fight for equality, and while the Elpidian Federation may no longer be with us the shared fighting spirit lives on in the Elpidians who call Rishiri and mainland Rokkenjima home. Recognizing the great efforts of our historic allies we also recognize the transformative efforts, nascent as they may be, in the Kingdom of Tytor and it would bring me no greater honour to see the Kingdom's name along those who have joined Rokkenjima in this fight. We must recognize that when beliefs actively harm our fellow citizens, when their crime is merely being different from the majority, perhaps the time has come for those beliefs to be duly revisited and consigned to the pages of history."

The Empress remained to attend three weddings being held at the Embassy. "While I cannot share their names I am honoured to have been present for the joining of these beautiful souls in marriage. It is my hope that their Government will one day see them without a prefix; not as a gay Tytorian, not as a transgendered Tytorian, but simply as a Tytorian. We have seen the strength, resolve, compassion and generosity of the Tytorian national spirit proven time and again before. May it be proven yet again someday soon when the Kingdom embraces and fights for all of its Citizens equally."

Unconfirmed reports indicate that Empress Evanthe, despite arriving unannounced, may have informed the Royal Government of the topics she would be speaking on in respect for the Rokkenjiman-Tytorian relationship.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »

Trove Of Rare-Mundus Minerals Found In Rokkenjima Sea

With the discovery of a trove of rare Mundus minerals being found in the Rokkenjima Sea the First Empire is poised to become a major alternative to Midaranye for the procurement of rare-Mundus minerals.

• Researchers have discovered a trove of rare-Mundus materials underneath Rokkenjiman waters. The trove may contain enough to supply Mundus on a 'semi-infinite basis', according to research conducted by Azukishima University of Ashinxao.
  • These rare-Mundus materials are crucial in the manufacture of high-tech products such as batteries and electric vehicles. Much of Mundus has relied upon Midaranye states to meet much of their needs.

Researchers from the University of Azukishima in Ashinxao have discovered potentially hundreds of years' worth of critical rare-Mundus metals beneath Rokkenjiman waters, enough to supply Mundus on a 'semi-infinite basis' according to the study published yesterday. The materials sit in an area between Azukishima and Ecskana Prefectures and are crucial in the manufacture of high-tech products such as batteries and electric vehicles. To date the easiest and most abundant sources of these resources has been found in Midaranye, a region rife with human rights abuses and the continued institution of slavery. Following a series of diplomatic differences between the First Empire and Midaranye states, primarily the Tamoran Empire, a search began for alternative sources for these materials.

The seabed is estimated to contain greater than 16 million tons of rare oxides, according to the report, or the equivalent to 780 years’ worth of yttrium supply, 620 years of europium, 420 years of terbium and 730 years of dysprosium. It is a discovery which "has the potential to supply these materials on a semi-infinite basis to Mundus, the report adds. The discovery of the deposits could pit Rokkenjima against Midaranye to become a major producer of the materials. As a major electronics manufacturer Rokkenjima requires rare-Mundus materials for components, and sourcing them from Midaranye states became unviable.

The extraction of the materials from the seabed is expected to be an expensive affair, however, a consortium of Rokkenjiman government-backed entities, companies and researchers are working to conduct feasibility tests in the coming years. Pyrettania is also looking to leverage expertise throughout the Cross-Straits Union noting that the discovery "is a boon for our Cross-Straits partners and allies as much as it is for the First Empire itself."

With the supply of rare-Mundus materials long being controlled by Midaranye states Rokkenjima has been forced to rely on prices dictated by states such as the Tamoran Empire, an arrangement which became unviable itself once sanctions were implemented for the continued reliance upon slavery by the Tamoran Empire. "By moving to sources which are not under the control of states which practice such abhorrent policies enables not only Rokkenjima, but other states, to source these crucial resources responsibly and without contributing to the institutions of slavery or indentured servitude." As the trove of resources is well within Rokkenjima's exclusive economic zone Rokkenjima has the sole rights to the resources.

"It's a game changer for Rokkenjima," Albert Relkin, CEO of Abstergo Industries, shared in remarks to the RBC, "and the race to develop these resources is underway as we speak."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2021, 03:32:23 AM »

New Imperial Yacht Under Construction

A conceptual image of Azukishima and United States

The Imperial Government has announced the construction of a new Imperial Yacht, HMY Azukishima, which will become the primary Yacht of Her Majesty's Yacht fleet. Azukishima shall be a 33,961 gross tonnage vessel measuring 723 feet in length, and will be capable of sailing at 22.5 knots, versus the 16 knots Austrana is capable of. Much like her predecessors Azukishima will, essentially, be a floating Pyrena Castle boasting full communications and command capabilities wherever the Empress may be in the world. Unlike her predecessors, however, she will be speedier, more reliable, and more capable in claiming the name "Pyrena on the Seas."

She will be taking many of her design cues from the United States, as she is being built from plans drawn up by the designer of the famed Rokkenjiman ocean liner. "Azukishima will be the finest Yacht any Head of State has had at their call," one builder said of the new Yacht, "with all the necessities as well as creature comforts one could require. While she won't be as fast as her sister she'll still be nimble and, in the words of her designer: you can't set her on fire, you can't sink her, and you can't catch her." Austrana will be maintained as a back-up for the Empress, whilst Estvua is slated to become a museum ship upon Azukishima's commissioning.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2021, 12:40:57 AM »

Carriers Position To Assist Jugland

Endymion and Expedition meet in the Krimeon Sea, en-route to Jugland.

IRN Endymion and IRN Expedition have met in the Krimeon Sea, destination the Federal Union of Jugland which has experienced a concerning shortage of water in recent times. The carriers, capable of purifying hundreds of thousands of gallons of water a day, will be utilized to purify sea water which will then be distributed, pending the agreement of the Federal Union. "Placing our assets within distance ensures that they will be standing ready upon receipt of approval to assist," Imperial High Command said in a statement to the RBC. "Once in place the carriers will stay as long as is deemed necessary by the Federal Union to alleviate the shortages."

The carriers utilize excess heat from the carriers' reactors, evaporating the sea water and separating it from the salt. "The results are water which is absolutely pure. In addition to the capacity of our vessels Rokkenjiman sailors will also be utilizing a Light Weight Purification System (LWPS). Capable of being operated by just one sailor, the LWPS can handle anything from sea water to fresh water. Around 75 gallons of water can be purified per hour by this system, and we expect it to be utilized in certain areas in a supplemental capacity. The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy is fully dedicated to assisting the People of Jugland in seeing this crisis through until its resolution."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2021, 07:09:20 PM »

Imperial High Command Announces Successful Test Of Ifrit HGV

A Damocles II missile was utilized in the test of the Ifrit HGV which IHC has certified for operations.

Imperial High Command has announced that the Strategic Missile Corps have successfully conducted the launch of a Damocles II missile carrying an Ifrit Hypersonic Glide Vehicle (HGV) payload. Video footage of the successful test has been released by Rokkenjiman media which shows the missile's launch from a missile silo located near Kyoto, Kavania Prefecture after which Ifrit struck a target which had been constructed at the SMC Testing Facility, Hoshiko Island. The payload of Damocles II separated after the booster's powered flight into the exoatmosphere, after which the Ifrit glide vehicle descended and maneuvered within the upper atmosphere to its target.

Ifrit maneuvered horizontally and vertically at hypersonic speeds on its approach to the simulated target, fully passing this crucial testing step. It is expected to become operational and deployed throughout the SMC "in the coming months on schedule. Having reached speeds of Mach 27 we are pleased that Ifrit has been proven to perform to its specifications," Imperial High Command continued. Developed by Abstergo Industries Ifrit is equipped with a solid propellant scramjet engine, which Abstergo has designed to have an engagement speed of Mach 27. Ifrit can be integrated into an MIRV, with each Damocles II missile being capable of launching 24 Ifrits. As it approaches its target Ifrit is capable of sharp, high-speed maneuvers in flight which should make it highly invulnerable to missile defense systems.

In related news Abstergo is also completing work on Gremlin warheads to be employed upon Damocles II and other Rokkenjiman missiles. "These warheads, while not physically destructive, provide Imperial High Command options in knocking out enemy air defenses and other electronic systems which would allow them to mount meaningful operations against the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces," said an IHC source, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2021, 09:50:31 PM »

Explosion In Matsudo, Officials Not Ruling Out Terrorism

The explosion struck Matsudo nearly a day after a string of attacks across Arashkai.

Initial reports suggest that at least 52 people have been injured with local hospitals receiving a stream of ambulances from the site. At time of press firefighters were working to contain the blaze while working around three other buildings which are believed to be in immediate danger of collapse. While local officials have not determined the cause of the explosion locals have reported unfamiliar individuals in the area nearly forty-five minutes before the explosion. The explosion comes as the border region with Arashkai is under increased security protocols following a string of deadly attacks in the Empire.

"At this hour we do not know what caused the explosion and ask all to avoid speculation," a spokesperson from Pyrena Castle said via video call with the RBC. "The Imperial Government is in constant contact with the Matsudo Municipal Government, we are working with them to ensure that anything which is needed by Matsudo is provided, and the Imperial Police Agency has dispatched additional officers and emergency personnel to assist local departments in responding to the explosion. Having said that, while no cause can be determined at this time, we are not ruling out the potential of this being an act of terrorism given recent events across th..."
BREAKING

The RBC can confirm reports that a cargo ship has suffered an explosion in the Sea of Dauntel. The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy has stated that it is in the process of "rendering aid and assistance to the crew of the vessel" and is deploying firefighting assets to quell the blaze. The vessel was transiting international waters between Estvua Prefecture and Floodwater when the explosion ripped through it. The RBC has no word on how many were aboard the vessel, nor the cargo it was carrying. More details will be relayed as they are discovered.

We have just received the following statement from Pyrena Castle:

"Following consecutive explosions, first in the City of Matsudo and upon a cargo vessel in the Sea of Dauntel, the Imperial Government believes that these are not coincidences but bear the marks of an attack against the First Empire. Pyrena Castle encourages all Rokkenjimans to maintain vigilance, to report anything out of the ordinary to local law enforcement officials, and to dispatch donations to those impacted by these explosions. While we do not know who is behind these attacks I am confident that we will learn, and I can promise that justice will soon follow in the wake of their violence. The Imperial Government will be coordinating with its Cross-Straits allies to investigate the Arashkai attacks, the attacks we have suffered, and to ensure the security and safety of the broader Cross-Straits nations. We shall not be intimidated in the face of terror."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2021, 11:39:01 PM »

Pyrena Castle Announces Partnership in Energy

The Josai Nuclear Power Station, which will serve as the template for foreign plants under the Partnership in Energy initiative.

Pyrena Castle has announced an ambitious project which it hopes will lessen dependence upon fossil fuels and encourage broader participation in the MAEA. The Partnership in Energy, which Pyrena Castle has set aside र8.9bn ($16.5bn) to construct five nuclear power stations abroad at no initial cost for construction and fueling. "PIE is designed to encourage nations to ween themselves from fossil fuels which are shown to have an adverse effect upon the environment, enabling nations who may not have a path to safe nuclear energy a viable path to transitioning. Naturally states which are interested in the possibilities this program opens must first join the MAEA, after which the RAEA and its industry partners will begin working on tailored solutions for the nation in question," a statement from Pyrena Castle read.

Rokkenjima will focus more general aid situations to the Mundus Development Bank while utilizing direct Rokkenjiman aid for the purposes of PIE. "Utilizing the design of the Josai Nuclear Power Station, which is compatible with ANEEL fuel, we can construct safe power generation facilities that would otherwise be out of reach for some nations," the statement continued. "Rokkenjima believes that each nation deserves the opportunity to benefit from safe and clean nuclear power, and we also believe that each nation has a responsibility to strengthen the institutions put into place to safeguard Mundus from a return to a world where the power of the atom hangs over us as a threat, not a promise for a more peaceful and productive future for all of humanity. Membership in the MAEA is a crucial part of the equation in passing on to future generations a safe and secure world."

"The Josai Nuclear Power Station is a proven design and one which we feel can be tailored to the needs of future partners on a case-by-case basis. The RAEA will work with partners to scale the plant, ensuring a future-proof option which provides for the needs of today while keeping future generation needs in mind. JNPS presently has four 220mw units with two 700mw units set to enter service in the coming years. Naturally we may utilize less units, or more, when considering the energy needs of our partners. Through working together we can all realize the Empress' vision of Atoms of Peace while strengthening the institutions that will safeguard all of our Peoples as we continue our march into the post-weaponry atomic age."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2021, 02:28:11 AM »

Abstergo Sets Sights On Meat And Dairy Industries

The Future Technologies Division envisions a world where meats and dairy do not require animals to produce.

The Future Technologies Division has announced two projects entering preliminary testing: Arovium Farms Meat, and Pyrettania Dairy. AFM is working to produce meat which does not require the slaughter of animals while Pyrettania Dairy is utilizing microbial fermentation. The process Abstergo is utilizing sees milk proteins reproduced in a tank to create real dairy products which are functionally identical to cow's milk without the need of cows. "Think of the resources which go into raising these large animals, the releases of greenhouse gasses from the process and the animals themselves, as well as the ethical concerns surrounding their treatment. Pyrettania Dairy provides milk which, in blind tests, is indistinguishable from milk derived from cows without the many drawbacks of traditional dairy."

Mr. Karapetyan, Executive President of the Future Technologies Division, continued. "After just two or three days the microbes have multiplied enough to fill the tank. We are talking hundreds of thousands of liters; in just a few days you've an enormous amount of microbes, each of them a little milk factory capable of creating these proteins. They feed on the most basic of nutrition, presently a sugar molecule, but we're looking to shift toward a model where you would be able to feed these little guys with agricultural waste. Yes, we're really going to use waste to create something functional and beneficial to the nutritional needs of Rokkenjimans and peoples across Mundus."

Pyrettania Dairy has its sights set on becoming a top provider of dairy products, competing with traditional operations across Mundus.

"This also opens up a whole new world for vegans," he continued. "Despite the efforts of many companies vegan cheese substitutes leave much to be desired, however, utilizing our process, vegans will be able to enjoy real products such as ice cream, yogurt, cheeses that are every bit as tasty as their animal-derived counterparts without the issues associated with traditional dairy. Once we have production up and running to scale, I believe fully that Pyrettania Dairy will be giving its traditional competitors a run for their money." The Future Technologies Division added that it had received funding from the Imperial Government as the projects could also help to address nutritional deficiencies in less advantaged nations.

Arovium Farms Meat, meanwhile, is aiming to provide animal-free alternatives to beef, poultry and pork. "Cultivated meat is better for the animals, better for the environment and, ultimately, we believe it will be better for the consumer. Just as we advanced from a primarily hunter-gatherer society we must now transition and advance from a society which farms in similar manners to our predecessors. With the knowledge we have of the impacts farming has on the environment around us, including its contributions to warming which will impact future generations, Abstergo believes we have a responsibility to do better in every part of our lives that we can. These two new product lines will help in our mission, For a better life and a brighter future."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2021, 04:19:42 AM »

Abstergo CEO Defends New Products From Jugland Scrutiny

Albert Relkin spoke in defense of the recent initiatives of Abstergo to enter the meat and dairy industries.

"Dairy is scary," Albert Relkin said as we conversed about the recent announcement that Abstergo Industries was entering the dairy and meat industries. "You know cows are a lot like humans," he continued, "they've strong maternal instincts but these bonds between a mother cow and her calf is broken time, and time, and time again during the life of a dairy cow. Shortly following a birth we often see the calves dragged away from their mother, never to be seen again, and research shows that they not only possess emotions but that they can communicate those emotions through individualized voices. So, one could imagine, the pain which is shared each time a mother cow is separated from her offspring, the milk meant for that calf being sold to consumers. I've spoken to many wild life experts as the Future Technologies Division undertook this path and they've said, confidently, that a strong bond is formed between mother and calf quickly after birth. If only we could understand their voices, perhaps then we could understand the sheer cruelty that is involved in bringing that bottle of milk to our shelves."

Mr. Relkin then offered me a glass of milk from Pyrettania Dairy. As I sampled it and noted no noticeable differences in the milk I'd been drinking my entire life, he continued: "She bellows and yells for days, wondering just where her baby has gone? Fortunately for her she doesn't know; the males will probably either be shot to be tossed in a bin or end up on your table as veal. If female, however, she'll be prepared to live her days just as her mother: dairy production, repeating that very same cycle of cruelty of forced impregnation, separation from her offspring, and a death long before her natural lifespan of nearly a quarter of a century. This doesn't even touch upon the mutilations that they'll endure, the branding, the dehorning, the tail docking....that milk you're partaking of, 100% cruelty free; healthier, and much more sustainable for the planet we share."

"Now, opposition was expected in bringing these products to the market, people naturally have a fear of innovations, at first at least. You've the fears of lost jobs, yet in the end, the superior technology tends to win. I don't have a horse and carriage in my driveway because people determined that the automobile was the superior technology, just as we no longer do our business suspended above a hole in the ground because indoor plumbing was adopted as superior. As for concerns about those employed in traditional dairy and meat, Abstergo is prepared to fund a scholarship to enable those presently employed to retool their set of skills and knowledge, or to transition their farmlands to beneficial, and profitable, crops and herds which do not involve a degree of cruelty. We're fast approaching a crisis, partially fueled by methane emissions from cows, and this is a burden which all Peoples and nations share in ensuring we have a tomorrow to give the next generation."

"I do find the description of, unnatural was it, that was presented as an argument against our initiatives, most interesting. Humans are the only mammal which drinks the milk of another species, a milk which is designed to turn a baby calf into a 1,200 pound adult; is that not unnatural? We're also the only mammals, by choice, mind you I'm not counting the bowls of milk that are given to cats by their owners, who drink milk into adulthood. Indeed, lactose intolerance is natural as we no longer require milk in our adult years; once weaned from our mothers, we're not supposed to drink it. Recognizing that it is a source of nutrition, I'll take this as an opportunity to mention that the milk produced by Pyrettania Dairy has no lactose, so if you're going to choose to drink milk (as you are entitled to do so) isn't the ethical choice an option which does not burden another species with torment while contributing to a less certain future for your children through the several issues in sustainability the traditional dairy industry creates?"

"Presently we're focusing our efforts first at securing regulatory approval of Pyrettania Dairy's products through the proper Rokkenjiman agencies," he continued. "We're sharing data, samples, and everything required by law, and even those that aren't, to ensure the safety of our products. In the near future I'm confident these agencies will have a decision rendered, and we can allow the consumer to choose what is right for them and their families, just as the free market intended. I can say, with all confidence," he pauses to sip his glass, "that we've a safe product that will do the job better than traditional dairy."

To bring prices down and ensure that Pyrettania Dairy can compete with traditional dairy Abstergo is working on the completion of three plants across Rokkenjima to produce milk, while efforts on their line of cultivated meats brings greater challenges in competing with the traditional meat industry. "First milk," Mr. Relkin said with a smile, "then meats. And, hopefully throughout it all, we bring an option to the refrigerators of consumers that they can feel confident in buying. Not just for the convenience of today, not just because it is a better product, but also because we return to the consumers the power of the dollar. That their purchase contributes to a brighter future for their children, well, I think that speaks for itself."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2021, 04:01:49 AM »

Imperial Diet Passes Ethical Agriculture Bill

The Imperial Diet passed sweeping agriculture reforms to ensure a standard of ethics is employed in the Rokkenjiman agricultural industry.

The Imperial Diet has passed the Ethical Agriculture Bill giving Rokkenjiman farms two years to be in full compliance with the new law. Citing concerns regarding the ethics of factory farms the EAB calls for all Rokkenjiman farms to be "high welfare certified" by 2023, outlaws mutilations of farm animals, and requires that all animals have "ample space to move freely and behave in a manner according to their natural instincts." It also places mandates on what animals may be fed ("a diet consistent with what they would eat in their natural habitat"), prohibits unnecessary usage of antibiotics which are prevalent in cramped conditions on some farms, and prohibits the separation of offspring from their mothers "prior to the natural weaning process." Dairy cows presently are often separated from their calves after twenty four hours, under the new law they would not be separated until three to eight months have passed.

"Cows and pigs are two creatures which are known to possess a range of emotions, they're social creatures, and the research is clear that early separations are harmful to these animals," said Sawa Mariko, Member of the House of Commons. "The Ethical Agriculture Bill ensures that the animals in the care of farmers are allowed to live a life as natural as possible, living outside as intended by nature with access to fresh air and sunlight. They will be guaranteed a natural diet which improves their health and, ultimately, the quality of the meat they shall produce. Mutilations will be unnecessary as the conditions which these mutilations arise from, cramped conditions and severe anxiety, will no longer exist." Noting conditions prevelant in the dairy industry the Imperial Diet found present industry practices to be concerning.

A typical dairy cow is raised in confinement and injected with hormones to increase milk production. Despite having a lifespan of twenty five years, they are often slaughtered after a mere two years due to illness, breeding issues, or declines in production, leading to an average cull rate of thirty percent. This means that, annually, nearly a third of all dairy cows are slaughtered and replaced. Cows that are treated well and raised on a pasture can produce milk for a decade or longer and see a cull rate which can be as low as seven percent. Despite not producing as much milk as those cows in a factory farm setting farmers realize savings by not having to replace a third of their herd each year.

The EAB also models treatment of herds around a model typically employed by ranchers, who raise their cattle on grass from birth to market, and do not send them to large slaughter houses where extreme cases of abuse have been documented. Ranchers typically go to great lengths to keep their animals calm, some even bring cattle that are not marked for slaughter along to give the animals a measure of comfort of being with their herd mates. They then watch the entire process of slaughter to ensure that their animals are being treated in a humane manner every step of the way. Some practice field slaughter, in which they approach the animal in their pasture, taking care not to cause alarm, then killing it with a bullet to the head. The animal dies instantly and suffers no pain. Typical ranches have fewer than 150 animals which ranchers can often identify by sight, with a goal of making sure all the animals are cared for, well fed, and do not experience unnecessary stress at any point in their lives.

The Bill also calls for "informed product labeling" which will mandate that information as to the living conditions of the animals will be required on all meat and dairy products sold within Rokkenjima. Certified Humane and Ethical will be verified by the Ministry for Agriculture as meeting the demands of the EAB, while farms which do not meet the standards of the Bill, including those products imported, will be clearly labelled "Not Certified Humane and Ethical". "The Imperial Diet is allowing Rokkenjimans to make informed decisions on where their meat and dairy products comes from. By labeling these products as Certified Humane and Ethical we can all have confidence that the animals were treated well in their lives and were not subjected to abuse or mistreatment."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »

Empress Thanks Centralia For Hospitality

Empress Evanthe extended an offer for "further coordination" following glowing remarks from the IRN

Empress Evanthe has formally thanked the nation of Centralia for their "hospitality and accommodations" shown towards the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy in recent times, highlighting the "warm words and spirits" relayed to her by sailors aboard IRN vessels which have visited the nation. "Despite statements from the Centralian Government which were somewhat disparaging to the IRN initially, each report I have received from our sailors and commanders in their relations with their counterparts in the Centralian Navy have been nothing but glowing. In light of those interactions thus far I believe that a foundation exists for Rokkenjima and Centralia to explore spheres of common interest. This comes after the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy highlighted its Centralian counterpart as a potential partner in maintaining the tranquility of the Kyne from the scourge of piracy," the Empress shared in remarks to the RBC.

"Centralia has went out of its way to accommodate the IRN with short notice and no expectation of reciprocation," the Empress continued. "The IRN has fought to keep the Kyne free of piracy for quite some time and, with present circumstances presenting some complications to the operations of the IRN in the Kyne, partnerships to enhance our capabilities are always welcomed. While there are some issues we would wish to see the Centralians address, such as a free access to information by the common Centralian, so long as Centralia would be willing to address our concerns I think we've the basis for a working relationship moving forward. Our ships have already been welcomed as guests, given certain reforms are initiated in these areas I'd be interested in seeing some port access agreements worked out between our governments to ensure the IRN maintains options in the region to operate without constraint. As both of our Governments can agree a Kyne free of piracy is in both our mutual interests, I look forward to seeing where Centralia stands on both my propositions and concerns."

For its part the IRN has confirmed Centralian ports would remain on its list for Ports of Call. "Regardless of the positions of the Centralian Government and the Imperial Government we have established a mutual respect with the Centralian Navy," a spokesperson for the Admiralty shared with the RBC. "Centralian ports will remain a destination for Imperial warships, and we're confident the respect we've established amongst us will only continue to grow. If that grows into a broader partnership, I expect the broader Kyne region can only benefit."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2021, 08:36:01 AM »

Hakken Launch Successful

ISEA has confirmed the successful launch of Space Shuttle Hakken

Space Shuttle Hakken successfully took off from Space Center Bevelle, Arovium Prefecture earlier this morning. The first mission of the shuttle, an un-crewed autonomous flight which will see it complete sixteen orbits of Mundus before returning to the atmosphere. Designed to fly autonomously this first flight, pending a successful landing of the shuttle, will be followed by a second unmanned mission to resupply Space Station Adora in lieu of the normal supply launch typically serviced by the Akarai Program. Should this flight prove to be successful a third flight, this time manned, will see the shuttle controlled by the crew for the first time and involve a successful launch into space and safe return of the crew.

The launch of Hakken was witnessed personally by Empress Evanthe and several members of the Imperial Family and Government. Speaking with the RBC the Empress proclaimed the launch as "an important step in the exploration of space by ISEA, as well as one which enables us to more adequately service Space Station Adora. Upon the successful return of Hakken to Mundus our team will have gathered a wealth of information which will guide future launches of the Rokkenjiman shuttle program, paving the way for manned Hakken missions in the foreseeable future. I would wish to congratulate the Hakken Team, and all of ISEA, on making today a success."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2021, 05:31:04 PM »

Hakken Returns To Rokkenjima

ISEA has confirmed that Hakken has autonomously landed itself, paving the way for future missions.

Millions across the First Empire celebrated as Space Shuttle Hakken successfully made an automated approach to Air Command Hoshiko, touching down under its own control at 7:29 Ardian Standard Time. Despite a lateral wind speed of 38 miles per hour Hakken landed a mere 9.8 feet laterally and 33 feet longitudinally from its target mark. "Shuttle Hakken has once again turned the eyes of millions of Rokkenjimans to the stars, peforming the first uncrewed flight of a space shuttle as well as the first landing of such a craft in fully automatic mode. Furthermore following inspection we found that Hakken lost only 8 of its 38,000 thermal tiles over the course of its flight, exceeding our initial expectations greatly."

Following the successful mission ISEA stated that a second test flight would occur which would see the Shuttle again take to space unmanned for a duration of fifteen to twenty days. "Following a second unmanned flight, this time for upwards of twenty days, Hakken will see a third unmanned mission which will be utilized for a re-supply of Space Station Adora. Once this third flight has occured ISEA will begin preparations for a crewed Hakken mission, potentially with two international crew members being invited to join."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2021, 09:54:17 AM »

Grand Maester Declares Sutāraito Era; Calls For Evanthe To Assume Regency

Grand Maester Yuna has declared the decision to empower Empress Evanthe "flawed."

Following a meeting of the Council of Maesters Grand Maester Yuna declared that the decision to crown Evanthe Rhodes was "flawed" and "in looking at our teachings, disrupted the line of Empress' as a continuation from the Descendants of Islyna. Evanthe Rhodes, though talented and without any doubt a dedicated servant of the Rokkenjiman People, is not a descendant of Islyna. Therefore the Rosari Faith is rescinding its graces in allowing Evanthe to assume the duties of Empress of Rokkenjima and is declaring that the Saisei Era is to be followed by the Sutāraito Era, and is welcoming Crown Princess Adriana to be formally coronated. I call upon Evanthe, and shall impress upon the Crown Princess, that she adopts a role as Regent until Empress Sutāraito attains the age of majority and may rule in her own right."

The remarks of the Grand Maester have been echoed by the Imperial Diet, which notes that Empress Evanthe inherited "a position which was entrusted to the Saisei Empress. It is the opinion of both Houses of the Diet that the Empress should assume an official status as Regent, and that the Crown Princess should be coronated as Empress."

Recent YouGov.rk polls have shown an increasing preference for Empress Evanthe to serve as a caretaker Regent, with younger Rokkenjimans resonating more with the Crown Princess' message. Like her mother the Crown Princess has shown support for greater elected participation in the Rokkenjiman Government. In conversations she has conveyed that the vote to eliminate the Premier was "not a happy day at home, but one which mum did the best she could with" while noting "I'll continue her vision for building faith in elected officials. We have to trust the People we govern, right?"

Empress Evanthe, meanwhile, has stated that "the decision of the Rosari Faith to rescind its recognition of the arrangement put in place following the abdication by the Saisei Empress is recognized, as have the opinions of the Imperial Diet. A decision shall be rendered in the coming days following the due considerations of my Government."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2021, 09:06:17 AM »

Empress Sutāraito To Be Coronated September 11th

Crown Princess Adriana, after meeting with the Grand Maester and discussing the situation, will be coronated on the 11th of September.

Crown Princess Adriana, after a meeting with Grand Maester Yuna, will be coronated, officially as the second Empress of Rokkenjima, on September 11th, 2021, after which Empress Evanthe will remain as Regent of Rokkenjima. Speaking with the RBC following her meeting with the Council of Maesters Crown Princess Adriana was in high spirits. "I may not be ruling in my own right just yet, but my mum left me with an objective: a democratic Rokkenjima. I love my aunt, I trust her 110%, but there's more she could be doing. I mean we've got Tytor, our tried and true friends, saying we've got it wrong. We need to be doing more to get people to vote, to give elected representatives a chance and even if I'm not fully empowered? I'm going to be working to see that the leaders of the People have a shot at shaping our nation. It's the only way."

Support for the reign of Crown Princess Adriana, who will assume the name Empress Sutāraito upon her coronation, matches and in some demographics exceeds support rendered to her mother, the Saisei Empress. "We are the future," Crown Princess Adriana said as she addressed her class prior to a break in studies earlier this year. "Twenty years from now, this world will be ours and I pray we make the right choices, that we recognize the errors of our elders. I may be your Empress by birth but, damn it, that means I have to do what's best for you and what is best for you is not stories of some sky being saying I know what is best for you. Our parents may have voted for it but we didn't. The tomorrow I share with you? Call me Empress, call me Adriana, call me Sutāraito I really don't care but that tomorrow is for all of us to share and if I'm in charge, we're sharing it equally."

Beatrice Anselmo