Author Topic: First Summit of the Cross-Straits Community  (Read 7953 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
First Summit of the Cross-Straits Community
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:59:08 PM »
Cross-Straits Community Summit

November 23rd, 2020. Dunwich, Estvua Prefecture, Rokkenjima

The day had finally arrived for the first Summit of the Cross-Straits Community to begin. The day saw an eager Evanthe, joined by Vicegerent Ravenswood, on station to receive the dignitaries of the various members of the Community at Dunwich, a location familiar to both of them. As the various dignitaries arrived they would be treated to a spread of refreshments, both food and beverage, representative of the diverse membership of the Community. With all the pieces in place, a clear agenda before them, and a warm day to help make the task of greeting guests easier Evanthe smiled and looked over, "Now to await our first arrivals. Are you ready?"

Agenda:

1) Welcome Address by Empress Evanthe (as Host)
2) Formalization of the Membership by Madison Pryde (Chair of CSU Council of Head of States)
3) Administration resolutions in respect of CSC leadership - Madison Pryde

4) Declaration of the membership

5) Military Activity Reports from CSTO members
6) Discussion on Slavery
7) Discussion on Merina
8) Discussion on Kopsje
9) Discussion on Parbhani
10) Discussion on Kaitaine
11) Discussions on other situations the membership wishes
12) Discussion on JPS repurposing
13) Discussion on formalizing CSIA (whether as an independent body or part of the CSTO)
14) Discussion on Military Bases
15) Any Other Business of this type

16) Discussion on Yellowtongue
17) Discussion on SANE-CSU relations moving forward.
18) Discussion on CSC Liaisons to CNN, SANE, TUNA etc
19) Discussion on 'OSEP' agreement
20) Discussion on Cross Straits Space Exploration Agreement
21) Any Other Business of this type
22) Adjourn

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: First Summit of the Cross-Straits Community
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:09:51 AM »
Soon enough, the Ikhani delegation would arrive in Dunwich. This was not, in fact, the first time that Arkan had been here, having formerly attended a meeting in the area on behalf of his father while he was incapacitated earlier that year. Quite frankly, he was... pleased to have the opportunity to return, though he would've preferred that the Prime Minister attend on his behalf. That said, it mattered little now, even if "tradition" were being... ignored to an extent nowadays.

Nonetheless, once he had left the vehicle, Arkan would be sure to thank his host for allowing him to visit, after which he would spend his time speaking with any delegates who might've already arrived.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
It was perhaps the expected style of arrival for Peter, a motorcade of cars transporting the Achkaerinese Emperor, his daughter Serenity, her children and what amounted to a significant number of politicians, experts and analysts, and this didn't even include the numerous Cross Straits Officials that were already. There was an awful lot to get through on the agenda that Peter had seen and he was keen to get started. He was also glad that the number of people required for a summit of this type meant that Serenity's preference of an arrival in a fast sports car was out of the question.

Getting out of the car Serenity sent her daughters off to go see if they could find Adriana and Josiah around the place while she and Peter approached Evanthe.

"A good day to get things done" Peter said smiling.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »
Kadassa arrived in a car along with Foreign Minister Arad Irdan with whom he had been going over last minute briefings. The agenda was a packed one, and some of the topics would require a degree of delicate manoeuvring around. He paused briefly to stare out the window at the passing Rokkenjiman countryside and struggled to recall how many times he had been here before, he had become increasingly fond of the country, perhaps a function of his increased familiarity of the place.

"Arad, this is your first time coming to Rokkenjima if I recall?"

"Yes Sir" replied the Foreign Minister

"Well I hope you brought your appetite with you, the Rokkenjimans really know how to put on a spread. The receptions are really quite an experience, make the most of it and watch out for the political games, they don't stop at the conference room door."

Presently the car turned and began the approach to the venue where they were soon making their greetings to the hosts.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 05:55:19 AM »
"Emperor Arkan," Evanthe bowed as he approached, "My most gracious of welcomes," she said in English. "It is my sincerest hopes that your visit to Rokkenjima is as pleasurable as it is productive," she continued in Latin. "My attendants will see that you are seen to the waiting area as we await our counterparts," she said in Rokkenjiman. Adopting a Toshikawan dialect she continued, "Should there be anything you need during your stay here, do let me know. I'll see to it that your needs are well met. It's not often I get to exercise my knowledge in such a fashion," she paused before speaking in broken Arashin, "Spoken well man, you are....our friendship....I appreciate. You charm me."

Greeting the Achkaerinese Emperor was Adriana, "Welcome to Pyrena Castle," she said with a bow, "though I believe you should already know your way around quite well, even amongst the halls of Dunwich. We'll be meeting in the Green Sitting Room, I can show you if you've forgotten the way. If not, I do believe Count Emerson has been craving some conversation with one of his own in these foreign lands," she said with a chuckle.

"President Kadassa," Evanthe said with a brief polite bow, "Welcome again to Rokkenjima. We'll be having a brief lunch in the Green Sitting Room, after which business will proceed. Please, do help yourself," she continued with a charming smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 07:20:57 AM »
Ah, Dunwich.  Gem of Estvua Prefecture.  Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher wasn't exactly certain when she had last been to this particular estate, whether during her stint as Ambassador to Rokkenjima or some time later.  The environs were just as she remembered them, in any case.  She smiled to herself as she recalled her first visit to the consulate here.  How many years now?  Longer than I'd care to admit, I'm sure.  There'd been that clerk who'd gone and made cake because his wife's birthday happened to be that same day.  One thing followed another, and she was sure she'd been picking bits of that ill-fated confectionary out of her hair for weeks thereafter.  The poor man had been horrified, of course, but it was hardly his fault; how was he to know that rug was going to slip out from under him?  The memory still made Thatcher chuckle; she'd been so mad at the time, but it was so funny in hindsight that it hardly mattered.

The Prime Minister's thoughts were interrupted by the car's arrival.  Her travelling companion, Marcus Belby of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Sir Gregory Major was back in Tytor with a head cold - nothing serious; he could still do office work), clambered out first and held out a hand to help her out after him.  She took it gratefully, glancing around as she followed him, hoping for a glimpse of their hostess.  Spotting the Rokkenjiman Empress, she raised a hand in greeting.

Suddenly, one of Thatcher's high heels caught in a gap in the pavement, nearly sending her toppling.  She clutched at Belby's closest arm with a viselike grip.  He grunted in apparent surprise (and likely a little pain), and then quickly moved to help her regain her balance.  "Careful there, ma'am," he said quietly, his thick Northmark accent positively dripping with suppressed amusement, "Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

More than a little embarrassed, Thatcher straightened, regained her composure, and continued to Evanthe as if nothing had happened.  "I must say," she commented wryly as she drew closer, "That was quite the auspicious beginning to our conference here.  Wouldn't you agree?"

Obligatory OOC note: The Novincian delegation arrived shortly before Thatcher and Belby.  Novincia has sent Doyen Christian Alea and Minister of Foreign Affairs John Vicente (having done a search on the forum, these characters are current for their respective titles as of September 2019).
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 10:20:03 PM »
Serenity and Peter glanced at each other before the Crown Princess, having held back the giggle, grinned and guided Adriana off to the side "I know it's not your first rodeo." Serenity said "But this is Dunwich not Pyrena."[1] she grinned "How about we go and chat? You got a library around here?"

Peter half smiled as Serenity handled Adriana, he knew that if Emerson was wanting from Achkaerin to talk to then it wasn't exactly difficult to find an Achkaerinese citizen around Pyrena these days, after all the royal security team around the place was Achkaerinese. It was more likely that Emerson wanted Peter's advice about something and the Achkaerinese Emperor had a fairly good idea what that might be, to which his comment would likely be "You've definitely waited long enough."
 1. OOC - I'm assuming Adriana's initial remark was a typing mistake

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 10:25:01 PM »
There was a moment where Arkan didn't speak, in part because he needed a few seconds to process what had been said and a few less to formulate a response. Evidently, someone had done their research, even if they struggled to get their point across in his native tongue. An understandable issue, after all, not many outside his homeland spoke it, but an admirable effort nonetheless. There seemed, almost, something more to it however, but what that was he couldn't be too certain of. Regardless, whatever it was, it might not hurt to see where it might lead.
 "Is that so?" Arkan asked, himself speaking in Rokkenjiman because he saw no need to do otherwise. "While I can certainly say I am intrigued by... what you have said, perhaps it might be best we spoke more about this after the summit, perhaps?" He proposed, after all, he had much on his mind regarding the meeting ahead. They'd have plenty of time to discuss these matters later.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 04:13:37 AM »
OOC: Going to move things along as it's been a few hectic days. Apologies!

With her guests having partaken of the spread of refreshments Evanthe took to the lectern at the head of the room.

"Friends, new and old, welcome to Dunwich for this first Summit of the Cross-Straits Community. What we have accomplished thus far is no small undertaking, this marriage between the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation and the Cross-Straits Union under one common banner: the Community. Whereas before we could see the potential for divergences in policy and cause between the Cross-Straits bodies from here we move together more closely in unison, both in vision and cause, while ensuring that our nations are granted the freedom to determine their involvement within the Community. Whether that be as a member of the Union, the Organisation or both, as members of the Community our nations share bonds which I am confident will stand the tests of time."

"As we look to the world around us we see a Mundus in crisis, perhaps not evident upon the surface. Nations which blatantly engage in practices which speak directly against the values we fought so hard to ensure openly practice the worst crimes against humanity, slavery the most apparent amongst them, whilst keystone international accords fall to the wayside as affronts against national sovereignty, or so it is claimed. The international community, truly, stands at a crossroads: to continue the march of progress, or allow the vile wickedness we strived to see banished from the face of Mundus to roam wildly as they did before. It is my hopes that this Cross-Straits Community may stand as a refuge, along with like-minded partners outside of the Community, to stand as a bulwark against the chaos which stands against the other side."

"There is much work before us over the course of this Inaugural Summit, but I am confident that we shall show the best of the Community as strongly as the best as its components. I now leave the floor open to Chair of CSU Council of Head of States, Madison Pryde. Thank you!"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »
"Thank you Your Majesty." Madison Pryde said adjusting her glasses as she organized her papers, this was not normally a job she would be doing, she was only doing it this time because it was the first summit and things needed to be put in place in terms of the leadership of the CSC. "We come first to item two on our agenda, copies of which everyone should have, formalisation of the membership. At the time of the summit[1] the membership of the Cross Straits Community stands thus: Members of both the Cross Straits Treaty Organisation and Cross Straits Union - Achkaerin and Rokkenjima, sole members of the Cross Straits Union - Lakhzovia and Kodumaa, sole members of the Cross Straits Treaty Organisation - Tytor, Novincia, Dartfordia and Ikhan. Applications in progress - Josai for the Cross Straits Union. Invitation sent to Lakhzovia for the Cross Straits Treaty Organisation."

She turned to her next piece of paper "Moving to item number three on our agenda we are required to elect a Secretary General of the Cross Straits Community and appoint a Chief Commissioner for the Cross Straits Commission. The floor will be open to members to make nominations if they wish to do so, the names submitted thus far are Reginald St. George for the post of Secretary General of the Cross Straits Community and Lìosa Càidh for the post of Chief Commissioner of the Cross Straits Commission."
 1. OOC - at time of writing

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 04:45:46 AM »
"The First Empire will not be placing a nominee for either position at this time," Evanthe said. "Rokkenjima will thus support the nominations of Reginald St. George for the post of Secretary General of the Cross Straits Community and Lìosa Càidh for the post of Chief Commissioner of the Cross Straits Commission."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 04:52:14 AM »
"The Empire of Ikhan concurs with the Rokkenjiman delegation at this time and shall not put forwards a nomination for the positions of Secretary General and Chief Commissioner. We therefore support the nominations of Reginald St. George and Lìosa Càidh to said positions."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 05:17:35 PM »
"Achkaerin supports the nominations presented." Peter said

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 02:39:33 AM »
"The Kingdom of Tytor has no objections.  We support the proposal."

OOC note: By the powers vested in me, Novincia does too.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dartfordia
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »
"The Kingdom of Dartfordia also supports the proposal."
The Most Honourable Marquess CGJ
Vice Chancellor

Dartfordia: TIOwiki - Politics - Flags - Armed Forces

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 12:16:34 PM »
Madison nodded and looked around the table "Both motions pass without opposition. I congratulate our new Secretary General and Chair of the Commission on their new positions." She paused "We come now to item number four titled 'declaration of the membership' for which I will hand the floor to the Empress of Rokkenjima to introduce and guide us through." she nodded in Evanthe's direction.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 01:55:21 PM »
"Thank you," Evanthe said with a nod as she stood. "As we have all seen the present state of Mundus is concerning on many fronts, from states openly oppressing the rights of the religious, advocating the archaic and abhorrent institution of slavery, to blatant imperialism and the subversion of the democratic processes of states far removed from the shores of certain powers. To help serve as an introduction of the Community to the international community, to establish the principles upon which we stand, to highlight areas of concern and defend the international system many of us have had a hand in building, I present to you the first passage of the Dunwich Charter."

The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima and Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, [ETC, ETC] being met together, deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, their countries seek a day where no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Second, they desire to ensure the internal and territorial integrity of all nations and the prevention of a new era of imperialism. Countering the interventionist policies of certain nations while supporting legitimate governments in moments of vulnerability ensures that no state may take advantage of another to forward their own goals and objectives at the expense of another sovereign state.

Third, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said Accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those Accords.

Turning to Prime Minister Thatcher Evanthe smiled, "I leave the floor to you. We shall continue until each of us has contributed to the Declaration."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »
Thatcher nodded solemnly as she rose to her feet.  "I think we all know why this charter has become necessary," she said, "This world of ours, comfortable as it may sometimes be, is a dangerous one.  Despotism has reared its ugly head once more, and many forms of oppression are becoming normalized.  It is with this in mind that I add the next passage of the Dunwich Charter."

Quote from: Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted
The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima and Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, [ETC, ETC] being met together, deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, their countries seek a day where no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Second, they desire to ensure the internal and territorial integrity of all nations and the prevention of a new era of imperialism. Countering the interventionist policies of certain nations while supporting legitimate governments in moments of vulnerability ensures that no state may take advantage of another to forward their own goals and objectives at the expense of another sovereign state.

Third, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said Accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those Accords.

Fourth, they declare their commitment to the basic freedoms of humankind, which every human being on Mundus ought to enjoy by right, namely Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom from Want, and Freedom from Fear.  They define Freedom of Speech as the right to the free expression of opinion, of conscience, and of choice, whether in word, in deed, or in writing.  They define Freedom of Religion as the right to the free exercise of any, all, or no faiths, as dictated by conscience alone.  They define Freedom from Want as the right to such necessities of life as food, water, shelter, and clothing.  They define Freedom from Fear as the right to safety both at home and abroad, for one's self and one's family.  Every state should guarantee each of these freedoms, and no excuse can be invented to truly justify the violation of any of them, anywhere in the world, no matter how tempting it may be.

Fifth, they reaffirm their loyalty to the ideals of democracy and self-determination, holding the will of the people to be sacrosanct.  History has shown the path of the tyrant and of the autocrat to be an easy one, but it is the path of the democrat and of the people's representative which is the more fulfilling.  Recognizing the ease with which democracy can be subverted, they pledge greater effort on behalf of both its maintenance and its spread.

"Your Majesty," Thatcher said, inclining her head to Emperor Peter, "The floor is yours."

Code: [Select]
[quote=Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted]The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima and Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, [ETC, ETC] being met together, deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

Fourth, they declare their commitment to the basic freedoms of humankind, which every human being on Mundus ought to enjoy by right, namely Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom from Want, and Freedom from Fear.  They define Freedom of Speech as the right to the free expression of opinion, of conscience, and of choice, whether in word, in deed, or in writing.  They define Freedom of Religion as the right to the free exercise of any, all, or no faiths, as dictated by conscience alone.  They define Freedom from Want as the right to such necessities of life as food, water, shelter, and clothing.  They define Freedom from Fear as the right to safety both at home and abroad, for one's self and one's family.  Every state should guarantee each of these freedoms, and no excuse can be invented to truly justify the violation of any of them, anywhere in the world, no matter how tempting it may be.

Fifth, they reaffirm their loyalty to the ideals of democracy and self-determination, holding the will of the people to be sacrosanct.  History has shown the path of the tyrant and of the autocrat to be an easy one, but it is the path of the democrat and of the people's representative which is the more fulfilling.  Recognizing the ease with which democracy can be subverted, they pledge greater effort on behalf of both its maintenance and its spread.[/quote]

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 05:40:28 PM »
Peter smiled slightly as he stood up "When I took the Achkaerinese throne, I like every Achkaerinese Emperor or Empress before me and every one that will come after me gave what we call the Covenant Address, in which I spoke not as a man who had about an hour earlier been crowned Emperor but more as a father, a father who looked at Mundus and still looks at Mundus and strives as best I can to leave Mundus in a better place than I found it for the generations that come after." he ran a hand through Serenity's hair ruffling it up a bit and getting a giggle from his daughter "That is my guiding thought for my additions to this charter."

The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin [ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

Fifth, they reaffirm their loyalty to the ideals of democracy and self-determination, holding the will of the people to be sacrosanct.  History has shown the path of the tyrant and of the autocrat to be an easy one, but it is the path of the democrat and of the people's representative which is the more fulfilling.  Recognizing the ease with which democracy can be subverted, they pledge greater effort on behalf of both its maintenance and its spread.

Sixth, they affirm that the use of military force must only be pursued when there exists no other option, in a proportionate not disproportionate manner and in keeping with International laws and conventions. The lands of Mundus bear many scars inflicted by the convenient use of military force by those who have sought to impose their oppressive mindsets on others, who believe that "might makes right" who believe because they have power that they can do whatever they please, not so just because something can be done does not mean it should be done. There is no justification in the killing of others simply because they do not share your point of view, your faith, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation or similar, and the legacy of several genocides across Mundus makes it clear that "Never again." must mean "Never again."

Seventh, they declare that the days of nuclear weapons are over and must remain so. It is owed to all the peoples of Mundus to ensure that the universal disarmament of nuclear weapons as carried out by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and First Empire of Rokkenjima and verified by members of the international community stands the test of time. No nation should be allowed to visit weapons of this ilk upon Mundus, the parties shall undertake greater vigilance and do everything in their power to ensure these weapons, once consigned to history, do not return.

Eighth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life and irrespective of political disagreement, sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings etc, the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster, if help can be offered then it must be offered.

Ninth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Work into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed, developments must account for environmental damage, more care for the environment in general is needed, we have only one planet and it should be cared for.

As Serenity sorted out her ruffled hair, still with a grin on her face, Peter looked at the Ikan Emperor "I believe Your Majesty that passes the baton to you."

[quote=Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted]The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin [ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

Sixth, they affirm that the use of military force must only be pursued when there exists no other option, in a proportionate not disproportionate manner and in keeping with International laws and conventions. The lands of Mundus bear many scars inflicted by the convenient use of military force by those who have sought to impose their oppressive mindsets on others, who believe that "might makes right" who believe because they have power that they can do whatever they please, not so just because something can be done does not mean it should be done. There is no justification in the killing of others simply because they do not share your point of view, your faith, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation or similar, and the legacy of several genocides across Mundus makes it clear that "Never again." must mean "Never again."

Seventh, they declare that the days of nuclear weapons are over and must remain so. It is owed to all the peoples of Mundus to ensure that the universal disarmament of nuclear weapons as carried out by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and First Empire of Rokkenjima and verified by members of the international community stands the test of time. No nation should be allowed to visit weapons of this ilk upon Mundus, the parties shall undertake greater vigilance and do everything in their power to ensure these weapons, once consigned to history, do not return.

Eighth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life and irrespective of political disagreement, sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings etc, the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster, if help can be offered then it must be offered.

Ninth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Work into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed, developments must account for environmental damage, more care for the environment in general is needed, we have only one planet and it should be cared for.[/quote]

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 08:09:13 PM »
Arkan nodded as he listened to the others speak; while he had some minor disagreements, they were little more than semantic at that point. Not the place for this situation, that was to say. But when he was called on, he stood. It was strange to think that he was among such important figures from the region only a few months into his reign, and not only that, he was able to speak to them as an equal.
            "My father often taught me that history will judge us not for how we lived and died, but rather by how we treat our fellow man." He began, ever-so-slightly nervous at the start. "I believe it is our duty, no matter our position, to seek to better the lives of our citizens and indeed the citizens of the world, as well as eliminate the potential for unnecessary suffering on a global scale. It is for that reason I propose the following addition."

The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, The Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories,[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

Ninth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Work into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed, developments must account for environmental damage, more care for the environment in general is needed, we have only one planet and it should be cared for.

Tenth, they commit to prohibit the manufacture of chemical agents designed to do permanent harm to a person, and to prohibit the manufacture of biological weapons. In keeping with this provision, the signatories of this charter shall make it their duty to be ever-vigilant and do everything in their power to prevent the unleashing of such weapons for the rest of human history.

With that, he returned to his seat, finding the charter in it's present state now satisfactory.

[quote=Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted]The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor, Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, The Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories,[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

Tenth, they commit to prohibit the manufacture of chemical agents designed to do permanent harm to a person, and to prohibit the manufacture of biological weapons. In keeping with this provision, the signatories of this charter shall make it their duty to be ever-vigilant and do everything in their power to prevent the unleashing of such weapons for the rest of human history.[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 01:57:48 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 06:03:11 PM »
OOC - anyone who hasn't added yet can still do so, I'm just moving it on slightly so we don't get bogged down time wise and I think we've done enough stuff like this in RP to be able to add and amend at the same time.

Lìosa Càidh had spent most of the last few minutes sat observing the distinguished figures around her took their turns to add to the Dunwich Charter, this was one of the things that they did very well and none of the people around the table were going to shirk away from backing these words and principles up. After a few moments of silence after the latest article was added she smiled "We have a solid foundation of principles before us." she said "I now invite us to begin the review of the articles before us, if any wish to amend articles now is the time to present such proposals and the floor remains open to any who wish to add further articles."

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 11:01:20 PM »
OOC: Insert complex IC explanation of edits by Reginald St. George here.  I've gone through and made a few changes throughout to make it clearer and easier to read.  Changed or added words are in bold, with extraneous modifications to punctuation and capitalization left unmarked.  I went ahead and added Novincia to the header; I expect Lakhzovia and so forth will need to be added as well.

The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima; Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor; Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin; the Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories; Doyen Christian Alea of the Monarchy of Novincia;[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, their countries seek a day when no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be found in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude, the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Third, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms, so as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those accords.

Sixth, they affirm that the use of military force must only be pursued when there exists no other option, in a proportionate not disproportionate manner and in keeping with international laws and conventions. The lands of Mundus bear many scars inflicted by the convenient use of military force by those who have sought to impose their oppressive mindsets on others, who believe that "might makes right," who believe because they have power that they can do whatever they please. Not so: just because something can be done does not mean it should be done. There is no justification in the killing of others simply because they do not share your point of view, your faith, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, or similar, and the legacy of several genocides across Mundus makes it clear that "Never again" must mean "Never again."

Seventh, they declare that the days of nuclear weapons are over and must remain so. It is owed to all the peoples of Mundus to ensure that the universal disarmament of nuclear weapons as carried out by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, the Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima and verified by members of the international community stands the test of time. No nation should be allowed to visit weapons of this ilk upon Mundus; the parties shall undertake greater vigilance and do everything in their power to ensure these weapons, once consigned to history, do not return.

Eighth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side of the road when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic, or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life, and irrespective of political disagreement - sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings, etc - the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster. If help can be offered, then it must be offered.

Ninth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Research into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed; developments must account for environmental damage; and more care for the environment in general is essential. We have only one planet, and it should be cared for.

Tenth, they commit to prohibit the manufacture of chemical agents designed to do permanent harm to a person, and to prohibit the manufacture of biological weapons. In keeping with this provision, the signatories of this charter shall make it their duty to be ever-vigilant and do everything in their power to prevent the unleashing of such weapons for the rest of human history.

Secretary General St. George having finished presenting his edits, Thatcher cleared her throat and stood once more.  "If it is agreeable to those gathered here," she said, gazing calmly at the assembled heads of state and government, "I would suggest the following final addition to the end of the charter."

Quote from: Proposed Dunwich Charter conclusion
As the world moves further into the 21st century, with united purpose and a trust in the basic goodness of the human race, the undersigned representatives of the member states of the Cross-Straits Community pledge themselves and their nations to the continued maintenance of the values laid out in this Charter.  Signed at Dunwich this day, the [DAY] of [MONTH], [YEAR]:

___________, representing ____________

[quote=Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted]The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima; Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor; Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin; the Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories; Doyen Christian Alea of the Monarchy of Novincia;[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, their countries seek a day when no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be found in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude, the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Third, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms, so as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those accords.

Sixth, they affirm that the use of military force must only be pursued when there exists no other option, in a proportionate not disproportionate manner and in keeping with international laws and conventions. The lands of Mundus bear many scars inflicted by the convenient use of military force by those who have sought to impose their oppressive mindsets on others, who believe that "might makes right," who believe because they have power that they can do whatever they please. Not so: just because something can be done does not mean it should be done. There is no justification in the killing of others simply because they do not share your point of view, your faith, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, or similar, and the legacy of several genocides across Mundus makes it clear that "Never again" must mean "Never again."

Seventh, they declare that the days of nuclear weapons are over and must remain so. It is owed to all the peoples of Mundus to ensure that the universal disarmament of nuclear weapons as carried out by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, the Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima and verified by members of the international community stands the test of time. No nation should be allowed to visit weapons of this ilk upon Mundus; the parties shall undertake greater vigilance and do everything in their power to ensure these weapons, once consigned to history, do not return.

Eighth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side of the road when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic, or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life, and irrespective of political disagreement - sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings, etc - the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster. If help can be offered, then it must be offered.

Ninth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Research into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed; developments must account for environmental damage; and more care for the environment in general is essential. We have only one planet, and it should be cared for.

As the world moves further into the 21st century, with united purpose and a trust in the basic goodness of the human race, the undersigned representatives of the member states of the Cross-Straits Community pledge themselves and their nations to the continued maintenance of the values laid out in this Charter.  Signed at Dunwich this day, the [DAY] of [MONTH], [YEAR]:

___________, representing ____________[/quote]

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:17 AM »
OOC - I'm going to suggest that this be considered 'final' document in so far as we're going to move to sign it, however it would be fair to say that if Lahkzovia, Dartfordia, Novinicia  or Kodumaa wish to add their names and/or articles to this they can so that we've all had the opportunity.

Lìosa looked around the table again and nodded "I'm not going to suggest further amendments of the text in terms of content." she said "What I would like to suggest is that we reorder the articles a little to group similar articles together."

The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima; Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor; Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin; the Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories; Doyen Christian Alea of the Monarchy of Novincia;[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, they declare their commitment to the basic freedoms of humankind, which every human being on Mundus ought to enjoy by right, namely Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom from Want, and Freedom from Fear.  They define Freedom of Speech as the right to the free expression of opinion, of conscience, and of choice, whether in word, in deed, or in writing.  They define Freedom of Religion as the right to the free exercise of any, all, or no faiths, as dictated by conscience alone.  They define Freedom from Want as the right to such necessities of life as food, water, shelter, and clothing.  They define Freedom from Fear as the right to safety both at home and abroad, for one's self and one's family.  Every state should guarantee each of these freedoms, and no excuse can be invented to truly justify the violation of any of them, anywhere in the world, no matter how tempting it may be.

Second, their countries seek a day when no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be found in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude, the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Third, they desire to ensure the internal and territorial integrity of all nations and the prevention of a new era of imperialism. Countering the interventionist policies of certain nations while supporting legitimate governments in moments of vulnerability ensures that no state may take advantage of another to forward their own goals and objectives at the expense of another sovereign state.

Fourth, they reaffirm their loyalty to the ideals of democracy and self-determination, holding the will of the people to be sacrosanct.  History has shown the path of the tyrant and of the autocrat to be an easy one, but it is the path of the democrat and of the people's representative which is the more fulfilling.  Recognizing the ease with which democracy can be subverted, they pledge greater effort on behalf of both its maintenance and its spread.

Fifth, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms, so as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those accords.

Eighth, they commit to prohibit the manufacture of chemical agents designed to do permanent harm to a person, and to prohibit the manufacture of biological weapons. In keeping with this provision, the signatories of this charter shall make it their duty to be ever-vigilant and do everything in their power to prevent the unleashing of such weapons for the rest of human history.

Ninth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side of the road when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic, or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life, and irrespective of political disagreement - sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings, etc - the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster. If help can be offered, then it must be offered.

Tenth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Research into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed; developments must account for environmental damage; and more care for the environment in general is essential. We have only one planet, and it should be cared for.

Lìosa looked around again and then standing up placed a pen bearing the Cross-Straits seal on top of the draft charter and then looked at Peter who was first in her eyeling "Your Majesty?" she asked

Peter nodded and took the pen and the charter

"There are many moments in history where pivotal decisions have been made, orders given, moments where hours later an Empire has been delivered a fatal blow, another military intervention has taken place and we seem to confine ourselves to the same old dance, the same playbook." he said "Very rarely have we dared to dream of the future, very rarely do we open our mouths and say what we truly think. This document is an idea born from the collective will of everyone in this room, it speaks not to any reality but to our ideals, it speaks to that which we desire not that which we have, such ideas can change the course of history, such ideas are dreams of a future and they're more precious than the near constant repetition of history we've found ourselves in of late. Let this be the Community's Legacy to dare to dream and to strive to bring those dreams into fruition." he signed the charter on the line marked for his name and put the pen and charter back in the centre of the table. 

[quote=Dunwich Charter, as presently constituted]The Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima; Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing His Majesty's Government in the Kingdom of Tytor; Emperor Peter Azurewind representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin; the Emperor of the Second Empire of Ikhan and her territories; Doyen Christian Alea of the Monarchy of Novincia;[ETC, ETC] being met together on [DATE], deem it right to make known certain common principles in the national policies of the respective Governments of the Cross-Straits Community on which they base their hopes for a better future for Mundus.

First, they declare their commitment to the basic freedoms of humankind, which every human being on Mundus ought to enjoy by right, namely Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Freedom from Want, and Freedom from Fear.  They define Freedom of Speech as the right to the free expression of opinion, of conscience, and of choice, whether in word, in deed, or in writing.  They define Freedom of Religion as the right to the free exercise of any, all, or no faiths, as dictated by conscience alone.  They define Freedom from Want as the right to such necessities of life as food, water, shelter, and clothing.  They define Freedom from Fear as the right to safety both at home and abroad, for one's self and one's family.  Every state should guarantee each of these freedoms, and no excuse can be invented to truly justify the violation of any of them, anywhere in the world, no matter how tempting it may be.

Second, their countries seek a day when no man, woman or child is held in servitude. Whether this servitude be found in the chains of slavery, the scourge of forced sexual labour, or the practice of indentured servitude, the quest for equality, and ensuring the rights of all Mundusians, must continue to be fought just as strongly as it was in the grand Progressive Era which gave us several cornerstone international accords advancing the rights and freedoms of all Peoples.

Third, they desire to ensure the internal and territorial integrity of all nations and the prevention of a new era of imperialism. Countering the interventionist policies of certain nations while supporting legitimate governments in moments of vulnerability ensures that no state may take advantage of another to forward their own goals and objectives at the expense of another sovereign state.

Fourth, they reaffirm their loyalty to the ideals of democracy and self-determination, holding the will of the people to be sacrosanct.  History has shown the path of the tyrant and of the autocrat to be an easy one, but it is the path of the democrat and of the people's representative which is the more fulfilling.  Recognizing the ease with which democracy can be subverted, they pledge greater effort on behalf of both its maintenance and its spread.

Fifth, they will endeavour to protect international accords and norms, so as to prevent them from being subverted by certain states in the advancement of their interests. The utilization of international accords as weapons by states in the pursuit of their foreign and military policies dilutes the effectiveness of said accords, as well as the faith of the community of nations in those accords.

Eighth, they commit to prohibit the manufacture of chemical agents designed to do permanent harm to a person, and to prohibit the manufacture of biological weapons. In keeping with this provision, the signatories of this charter shall make it their duty to be ever-vigilant and do everything in their power to prevent the unleashing of such weapons for the rest of human history.

Ninth, they make known their belief that one cannot simply walk by on the other side of the road when disaster strikes, whether it be earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, pandemic, or other such occurrence. There is no price that can be put on a life, and irrespective of political disagreement - sanctions of any sort, legal proceedings, etc - the Community shall not turn its back in the face of such disaster. If help can be offered, then it must be offered.

Tenth, they commit to the ideal that the planet of Mundus must be left in a better condition than it was found. Research into cleaner, renewable sources of energy is needed; developments must account for environmental damage; and more care for the environment in general is essential. We have only one planet, and it should be cared for.

___________, representing (Rokkenjima)
___________, representing (Tytor)
[i]His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind[/i], representing The Holy Empire of Achkaerin
___________, representing (Ikhan)
___________, representing (Novincia)[/quote]

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 06:40:18 AM »
Soon, the document would be handed to Arkan by an aide, who had been thinking about what his final statement on the matter would be. Affixing his signature was going to change so much, and he hadn't even been Emperor for more than six months yet. Nonetheless, he reviewed the document carefully, just in case there was anything he disagreed with or which was potentially damaging to his nation and her people written therein. What would his father do, were he here in his place? Probably would withdraw from the organization, knowing him... No, it didn't matter what his father thought of him now; he had to set an example to his people and to his fellow delegates. It was now or never. And thus, Arkan stood up from his seat.

“Today is an auspicious occasion, one where we chart forwards a new course into the future. The document that we have now drafted, which with the input of the member-states of the Organization has been refined, shall no doubt be a guiding light to our people for years to come. I, as the humble representative of the people of Ikhan and her territories of Rusan and Lekhai, affirm our commitment to uphold these ideals, though the road ahead shall be narrow and fraught with challenge. In the coming years, we look on this, the day that the Dunwich Charter was signed, as the beginning of a new era for all our people." He said with confidence, knowing full-well that this decision, though in the best interests of the people, was his to make and bring to the National Assembly upon his return. And so, he then affixed his signature to the document, after which he would take his seat, after which his aide would pass the document to the next person in line.

His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind, representing The Holy Empire of Achkaerin
His Imperial Highness, Emperor Mishei, representing (Ikhan)
___________, representing (Novincia)

[i]His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind[/i], representing The Holy Empire of Achkaerin
[i]His Imperial Highness, Emperor Mishei[/i], representing (Ikhan)
___________, representing (Novincia)[/quote]

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 05:20:49 PM »
"I feel there is little to be said which has not already been said," Thatcher observed, taking up pen and paper, "This charter speaks for itself.  May our commitment to its principles remain as strong in the future as it is now."  She signed in the designated spot and passed the paper on.

OOC: The Novincians have signed as well.

Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing the Kingdom of Tytor
His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind, representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
His Imperial Highness, Emperor Mishei, representing the Empire of Ikhan
Doyen Christian Alea, representing the Monarchy of Novincia

[i]Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher[/i], representing the Kingdom of Tytor
[i]His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind[/i], representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
[i]His Imperial Highness, Emperor Mishei[/i], representing the Empire of Ikhan
[i]Doyen Christian Alea[/i], representing the Monarchy of Novincia[/quote]

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »
"Lakhzovia is happy to approve of the articles so far suggested. While we may seek in the future to add more explicit protections pertaining to national sovereignty we consider the current document to sufficiently encompass our viewpoint."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 06:53:39 AM »
"Our desire for a better world, one freed from the shackles imposed upon it by various forces across Mundus, is a firm and solid foundation upon which to settle our Community. It very much reminds me of times where nations from all corners of Mundus joined together in a spirit of progress to hand to the next generation a world that much better than that which we inherited. Let us always dare to dream of a better tomorrow, let us always be bold, and let us stand by the words we've said today and ensure that they are reaffirmed through the character and conduct of our states."

Empress Evanthe Rhodes, representing the First Empire of Rokkenjima
Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher, representing the Kingdom of Tytor
His Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind, representing the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
His Imperial Highness, Emperor Mishei, representing the Empire of Ikhan
Doyen Christian Alea, representing the Monarchy of Novincia

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »
Lìosa smiled once the last representative had signed the charter, it would soon make its way down to the press area that had been set up. Turning her attention back to her copy of the agenda she looked around the table.

"We now come to item five on the agenda military reports from the CSTO members present." she said

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 06:20:30 AM »
Arkan would remain seated as he opened a folder, briefly reading over the contents therein. After a moment, he would glance around the room then back at the sheet, after which he would speak up.
   “To start, the Imperial Navy is in the process of bringing the Aircraft Carrier INS Ikan, as well as Cruisers Akran and Ikil, back into regular service after a brief stint in reserves. I would like to clarify that reports that the INS Ishkot and Khoros will return to service are false. Those two vessels will, in all likelihood, be sunk later this year in order to create set of artificial reefs in the territorial waters of the island of Rusan." He began before pivoting to the next item in the report. "The Imperial Navy will also be conducting a series of exercises this year in the Kynean sea, primarily in the waters between Mainland Ikhan and Rusan as well as between the aforementioned island and the territory of Lekhai."

After a few seconds, during which time he checked the document again in case he had missed anything, he would speak again.
   “As you may have heard in the news, the Imperial Armed Forces of Ikhan have begun phasing out the Hazhai Model 76 as the standard issue firearm for most of it's personnel in favor of the newer Aikan ZA-311. It is anticipated that the Model 76 will be fully phased out within the next five to seven years." He said before following it up with "It is my pleasure to state that beyond that, there is nothing to report on the army." He said before moving on to yet another section.

“Finally, regarding our Air Forces, we are in the process of expanding our Air Base near the town of Solak, located in Rusan. It is intended that the base will, in the coming years, become our primary base of operations in the Mid-Kynean region." He began before adding "Of course, we recognize that due to it's position, it would be a significant target in the event of a war with a foreign power in the region, and as a result we have begun bolstering our anti-air defenses in and around the base." He ssaid, then moving on to one last item on the list. "As for our aircraft, the Ministry of Defense has approved the purchase of an additional eleven F-42's from Kines-Vanas, as well as well as two RF-7's. We are, at this time, looking into the possibility of adopting a new aircraft to fill the role of Airborne Early Warning and Control. Thank you." He concluded, and then stopped speaking, having finished his report.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:33:29 PM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
Evanthe would speak next.

"The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy remains focused upon a strategy which focuses upon its submersible assets being supported by a nimble surface fleet, hence the transition of the Megitsune Class helicopter carrier to one which fields STOVL aircraft. At present, the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy has Pods of submarines operating in each of the seas of Mundus, comprised mostly of our fleet of Rorqual class attack submarines. One vessel of the class, IRN Hunting Girl, boasts capabilities which allows her to splice into underseas cables as well as other intelligence gathering capabilities not seen in other examples of the class. This is an asset which may prove useful in our approach to rogue regimes as well as those who display aggression towards the progressive world we've so hardly fought to construct."

"Meanwhile the successor to the Millennial Class missile submarine, the Azukishima Class, remains under construction. At present we've Millennial submarines being transitioned into platforms for guided missiles which will supplement the mission of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy to be capable of striking any target upon Mundus with great force within less than two hours of an order from Chrysanthemum Throne. Looking to the skies the Imperial Rokkenjima Air Force remains confident in the Akuma unmanned arial vehicle, which is the size of a fighter jet powered by artificial intelligence. The capabilities of this platform will allow the IRAF, and allied forces who adopt it, increased flexibility in their operations abroad without significant increases in personnel."

Beatrice Anselmo