Author Topic: A Khan to an Emperor  (Read 997 times)

Offline Jargalant (FKA Eskdale)

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Eskdale
A Khan to an Emperor
« on: November 19, 2023, 11:38:45 PM »
OOC- I assume unless its an issue that some kind of embassy exists between all nations. I fully intend to RP that Jargalant have neglected to appoint really good and active ambassadors for the last five years though. Hope this is ok

Gansükh Batzorig had been ambassador in Neu Uburzis just over three years now. His predecessor had been a nobleman and was recalled to the Khanate on grounds of his sisters health,  Gansükh had only ever been intended to be the caretaker ambassador until either the former had returned or a new nobleman was appointed. He himself was merely a 32 year old lawyer with some admin experience in the diplomatic corps but over the three years he'd grown to like the role. Today though he was actually tasked with doing something other than just dealing with the odd piece of correspondence. A message had come through on the teleprompt and now he sealed it in a thick card envelope that was dark red in colour. He carefully affixed the wax seal of his office as ambassador and then retrieved the item requested. He would have called for a car but the staff was basically himself, a secretary, two security guys and Tömör who was a kind of quartermaster, receptionist and chef all in one. He grabbed Tömör and made his way to the small embassies underground garage where a non descript little black electric car sat. It was the kind that a low paid office worker might use for a daily commute in a busy city and certainly not what a real ambassador would have enjoyed. Tömör drove as Gansükh double checked he had his credentials every few minutes until they arrived at the Neu Ubruzis government HQ. "Wait here please" Gansükh  instructed as he flashed his ID at security. "I have a message from my Khan and a package" He handed them over for security unsure whether he needed get a receipt or anything, deeming his job done he gave them a small bow, turned and re-entered the car.

Quote from: Letter for the Emperor

Dear Emperor Orion.

It is my hope this letter finds its way to you and that you are well. I am writing as after meditation I came across the old proverb "Honor, like a yurt, stands tall when repaired from within." It is with sadness that I believe there is the potential that my words in council about your upcoming marriage arrangement may have caused you to feel I had dishonoured you. I wish to apologise if that is the case. I am a man who is proud of my nations traditions and sadly not too aware of the traditions of foreign lands. No offence was intended as I answered the question but with hindsight a better answer may have been given. Our two nations are ones that sit far apart in many ways, geographically, spiritually and traditionally yet I see no reason to cause ill will. It is my hope that you find happiness with whomever is selected.

As a token of my goodwill I hope you will accept the saddle which should have also been delivered. Every man should have a solid saddle on which to build a strong foundation in life. It is my hope that perhaps in the build up to your nuptials you can visit the Khanate and select a horse from our stables to match your saddle and select one for your future wife.

In hopes of no ill will.

Khan Mönkhsaikhan II

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: A Khan to an Emperor
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 07:24:47 PM »
Albrecht had gotten a call from the Elder Senate that one of the Ambassadors dropped a Wax sealed letter and a Gift off for the Emperor. It took him a little to come down from the Palace to the senate where both items had been thoroughly scanned and deemed safe to handle before he had even arrived.

"So wait, you say this is from the Khanate? The Ambassador with the adorable electric car?"

Albrecht looked at the Package and, as the Prince Regent, opened the Letter, quickly scanning over the content before he cracked a smile:

"Honestly kind of adorable." he mumbled as he had someone open the package of the saddle. He did hiss a little as he saw the saddle though:

"Ah Damn it, this is going to be way to large for Orion. At least he knows how to saddle a horse though since he trained for the Knight Camps to at least look the part..."

The Prince Regent whistled one of the Senates Recorders over and sat him down in one of the side rooms, quickly setting up a reply:

Quote from: Letter from the Prince Regent

To his Majesty,

Khan Mönkhsaikhan II

Firstly i must apologize that Emperor Orion won't be able to reply to your letter himself. His many duties and education set him for a very tight schedule, hence i in my role as his Regent shall dictate this reply in his stead.

As a nation proud of their traditions as well, I can assure you that your words have caused no harm in our relations. It is as you said to your Council, you have your own traditions to follow, and if your people would see applying for a contest as peddling yourself away that is a very valid and understandable reason to object.

The only thing i would have to disagree on is, that we are as far apart as Nations as you think us to be. Your previous letter is proof that our views on honor and accepting mistakes is rather similar. Equally we are a Nation of proud soldiers, seen in the military educational facilities deeply ingrained into our culture, or the Summer activities for our Youths where they face off against each other on the high sea or in besieging castles.

I will bring your Gift to the Emperor, though i must add that it will likely have to be shortened to a certain degree. The Emperor simply is not that tall.

If you wish to have further Diplomatic discussion, or still feel like this matter remains unresolved, you, or your Ambassador in case you are not available, are gladly invited to join us for a Dinner at the Palace, should either of you have the Time. There should be many things we can talk about, especially your traditional agricultural sectors might be of interest for us two, or our knowledge in green energy.

In hopes of having cleared the matter up,

Prince Regent Albrecht von Uburzis

Albrecht had the Letter sent with the Senates postal office, sighing:

"And please, if you see the Ambassador, remind him we have a postal service to pick up his correspondence."

At least they bothered to actually use the Embassy at all, Albrecht thought to himself. They had claimed their plot as soon as they had opened the Embassy district shortly after the Death of Alexandra, but mostly stayed quiet so far. This had proven to be more interesting than he had hoped. If he recalled right it was next to the Mission they had built for the Bene Gesserit Faith, and not to far from the Theocracies Embassy that had been finished just last year.

"Let's see who'll be in the saddle and who's going to be ridden in this relationship." Albrecht mused before his attention drifted off to the daily duties.