Author Topic: TOP SECRET - Pipes in the Highlands  (Read 724 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
TOP SECRET - Pipes in the Highlands
« on: February 05, 2024, 09:45:52 AM »
Each of the ambassadors carried a letter for the monarch of each nation. Appointments had been made in order to ensure a face to face meeting with a request being sent directly from the desk of King Finley. Once in front of the monarch each ambassador had been briefed on what to say.

"His Majesty is hopeful that while not a formal member of this treaty and our neighbours you will heed to its call and more importantly its spirit."

Dear Cousins

It has been brought to my attention an important time in the Celtic world is approaching. It is a time that may see strife and difficulty for some whom we call our friends and therefore I wish to ensure that we as a community based largely in West Ardia are ready as the continent is not well known for its sanity or stability. I therefore would like to invite you to attend the Longmuire Loch Estate in the highlands of South Ui Cenneslaig to meet and discuss what I have rather cryptically discussed. I would value your discretion and therefore have arranged for a concert of pipes and drums to take place the evening of our talks featuring bands from each of your nation.

I am hopeful of your attendance.

In hope

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig

Offline FFion

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tongxiao
Re: TOP SECRET - Pipes in the Highlands
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »
The invitation was intriguing and Queen Talulla was in favour of greater union among the Celts. There were some back home in Ruasliabh who believed that only the Ruasliabians were fitting of the Aos Si , that perfect group of humanity, and therefore alliances and unions with other nations would simply be joining with the lesser but clearly that was nonsense. Talulla had brought with her a selection of the Aos Si's leading scholars to help her once she knew better the field in which the talks would be focused. Having crossed the border just after midnight she arrived early n the morning at the estate King Finley had requested them meet at with a trip by military helicopter not being quiet the luxury she had expected.

Offline Maes

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Arcaibh
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 08:22:47 PM »
Queen Etienne and her Chief Steward, Ealar MacCallion, had made the journey from the Boars Head Palace. It had been some time since she had made a journey beyond her own countries borders but when the Celts called it was hard not to take up the invitation. She had arrived in good time at the estate and was pleased to see Talulla, they had meet several times before and as such she considered the monarch of Ruasliabha to not just be a fellow ruler but also a friend. "Good Morning" she said as she embraced the Queen. "Do you have any idea why Finley determined now was necessary for a meeting?"

Offline Dal

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dál Riata
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 11:55:39 PM »
With the three other Celtic monarchs likely to attend the meeting Queen Aoife of Eigg made her entrance. Finley had allowed her to arrive the day before and she had been waiting upstairs for the arrival of the others. She was pleased to see Talulah and Etienne, she had meet them once before and liked them. Now though she felt the nerves begin somersaulting in her stomach. "Good Morning, wonderful to see you all again." Aoife said nervously. "I'm sorry to say that I'm the one that has caused Finley to bring us all here. I apologise for the secrecy but when I explain my reasoning then I am sure you'll understand why it had to be this way." She took a deep breath. "As you know we've been working towards Eigg gaining its independence and while I am confident we'll win the upcoming referendum but we have uncovered a concerning matter." Aoife had several folders that she handed around the monarchs in the room.

"It transpires that Grand Marshall Kenneth Macrae has been preparing to have Federal troops seize military bases and depots across the Kingdom of Eigg the moment we vote for independence. We currently are home to a naval establishment that is home to the Federations naval fleet and we also house a air base with two squadrons of fighters located there currently. My fear is that as Eigg also has the Federations second biggest civilian port which lies just 5km away from the border with Eigg and the Federation that Macrae may seek to prevent us acquiring what is on our territory." Inside the folder were several documents that contained evidence of messages being sent by Macrae to various military units. "We have someone who is inside high command who has managed to acquire these documents." She offered as way of explanation to as how the information had come to her possession.

"What I want to ask is that should the referendum go in my favour, and remember we've the Morelanders overseeing its legitimacy, and then Macrae does seek to grab these locations there is no way that Eigg's small militia forces could do anything. As we share a border with Ui Cenneslaig I'd like to ask that the three of you would be willing to bring a task force into Eigg to help us protect ourselves from Federal powerplays. It would not take much I believe, just a show of force and a willingness to support the newly independent Kingdom. I understand this is a big ask but we will not be able to stand alone."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 08:59:15 PM »
Finley was pleased that he had 4 of the 5 major Celtic monarchs in the room, having King Andrew of Seaforth would have made it a clean sweep but Finley suspected that Troyes was taking up quiet a bit of his time. The idea of Pan-Celtic Monarchism was dear to Finley's heart and the fact it now seemed that he was making strides towards it. "Queen Aoife" Finley had been the only one given the slightest heads up to what was going to be proposed. "Whatever the result of the referendum you can be certain that Ui Cenneslaig will stand by its result. If your people choose to remain part of the Federation then we will seek to strengthen the ties that we have with them, should you win then we will do whatever is within our power to ensure the newly independent Kingdom's sovereignty is maintained. While I can not obviously answer on behalf of Queen's Talulah and Etienne I would hope they can see their way to helping us in these aims. Should you go on record as asking these forces that you're worried about to leave then we would be willing to send support. I would suggest that you all would add your names to the Treaty of Celtic Friendship here today, that way we can ensure that the Federations slow mechanisms of government mean they have not become members by the time of the referendum. That way should Macrae try anything we have the grounds to say we are supporting a nation we have treaty rights with, while this is short of mutual defence it would be expected of us to take a direct interest."