Author Topic: A Preacher to the Empire (Cabbagelandiet & Rokkenjima)  (Read 5293 times)

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
A Preacher to the Empire (Cabbagelandiet & Rokkenjima)
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »

To of Empress Beatrice Anselmo of Rokkenjima:

I, as Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet, would like to personally visit Rokkenjima in an act of friendship against our people and start discussions between our nations. May Brassica Prime bless thine and may he bless us all.

Signed,

Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet and the Church of Brassica Prime.
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A Preacher to the Empire (Cabbagelandiet & Rokkenjima)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 06:12:24 AM »

In Reply To Grand Preacher Brassicus II

Grand Preacher Brassicus II,

It would be my honour to welcome you to my home, Pyrena Castle, to begin discussions between our nations. I am confident that we may forge a friendship and partnership between our Nations and Peoples. Instructions have been attached to this message for your arrival at the Castle, which overlooks the Rokkenjiman Capital, Pyrettania. Landing space for a helicopter is available just south of the Castle Garden.

Thankfully I shall see the ritual of Shizukesa completed in some seventy-two hours, thus I recommend at least a three-day delay for your arrival as during this time I am limited to written communications for the conduct of state business.

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

OOC: I may do another news post about the ritual, but other than that I don't wish Beatrice to be silent for diplomatic talks so we can consider that time as having passed upon the arrival of Brassicus II to Pyrena.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »
Alright, Brassicus II and his son, Peterhoff, hadn't been in a helicopter before. And that helipad was a good excuse to actually be on a heli. Turns out helicopters are pretty loud. After the Cabbagelandetians landed after what was a really loud and annoying helicopter flight, Brassicus II swearing to never ride a heli again 4 times. Brassicus II admired the garden for a second, noticing the ten kjghillion different plants he doesn't know the name of. After a brief moment of admiration, the Cabbagelandetians finally approached the castle and saw the Rokkenjimans...

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »

With the sound of rotor blades in the air Beatrice proceeded to greet her guests as they departed the helicopter. "Welcome to Rokkenjima," she said with a bow, "I'm pleased for this opportunity to meet with you." She presented Brassicus with a bottle of Pyrenan Mead, "A traditional gift upon a first meeting with a foreign nation, brewed with honey sourced from bees which live on the very grounds you see before you." Beatrice motioned to a table which had been set up not far from them. "Shall we get to know each other better, then?"

Tea, along with pastries both local and imported freshly from Nemerie, were available as they sat. "Let's begin with your nation, admittedly I know little of it, as well as what you would wish to see in a relationship with the First Empire."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
Brassicus II was shocked by the courtesy and bowed to the Empress as well. "Well thanks for the mead, but I don't really drink that kind of stuff. Maybe Kara Rsizadam would be happy to try it. And I'm pleased to meet you aswell. Since you have given me your introductory gift, I shall give mine as well." Brassicus II took out a box that had cabbage seeds inside it and gave it to the Empress. "I hope these seeds flourish in this garden." After talking, Brassicus II and Peterhoff sat on the table. He poured himself a cup of tea and took a cookie from the table. After taking a sip, he started talking.

"Ah the weather is nice here isn't it? It's pretty cold in Cabbagelandiet. Anyway, I have not come here to discuss weather, you could just use that fancy internet thing to learn how cold Cabbagelandiet is, now couldn't you?" Brassicus II took a sip out of his tea "Anyways, Cabbagelandiet is a newly-unisolated-used-to-be-isolated country of Mundus. We were kind of stuck in the 19th Century for a while becouse that was the last time somebody from the outside actually came to Cabbagelandiet." Brassicus II pointed at his hat "And that's why I have this old hat and everybody dresses out-of-fashion in Cabbagelandiet. And why we still use muskets." Brassicus II took a bite out of his cookie "God, this cookie is delicious. Anyways, what was I saying? Oh right, what I expect in a relationship... with the Empire. Remember what I said in the last part about muskets? I've heard lots about the Rokkenjiman defense forces and well, I need help with my military." Brassicus II looked at the cookie he was eating "Sorry if this might be a bit of a weird question, but where can I get a recipe for these cookies and the pastries?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 08:35:19 PM »
"I'm certain they will," Beatrice said upon accepting the seeds, "thank you. As you can see gardening may be a past time of mine," she continued with a chuckle. "A formerly isolated nation on the far side of Albion quite fascinates me, as well as the effects of being so thoroughly disconnected from the world around you for so long. It would certainly be an honour if we could set forth efforts to establish an embassy in your nation while seeing that one is established here as well."

"There is much I believe Rokkenjima can do to assist," she continued, sipping upon her tea. "Rokkenjima has a program known as the International Development Grant, which I feel Cabbagelandiet could benefit greatly from. This would provide funds to Cabbagelandiet to build a modern infrastructure, while Rokkenjiman experts and business partners would be well positioned to help link Cabbagelandiet to the world around it. Rokkenjima knows a thing or two about technology and is a leading figure in the development of 5G as well, thus building up a network in Cabbagelandiet would be a task within our capability."

"As for weapons, we'll need to get to know each other a bit before that happens, but thus far I'm seeing no stumbling blocks. Rokkenjima takes care in who she shares arms with; so long as the state in question is a firm supporter of human rights and is not out about Mundus terrorizing whoever they can we can likely get along with them in a military partnership. We could thus explore further options for military cooperation and ties sooner than I normally would."

"As for the cookies," she smiled, "while I can't share the recipe I can see that they are imported fresh daily if you should like. This particular recipe is one of the few things I have from my mother, so it's sort of like our last little secret, if that makes sense."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 01:14:01 PM »
"For the embassy, I have some space just outside my humble palaces walls. I'm sure we could get something done there. Getting out of isolation was pretty dissapointing for Cabbagelandiet if I may be honest." Brassicus II sighed deeply "The reason Cabbagelandiet got out of isolation was due to my wife. We found out she had cancer, and hoped that there was a cure for cancer in the outside world. I ended the isolation of Cabbagelandiet, hoping other countries have developed a cure for cancer, but alas, there was no cure for cancer and my dear wife passed away." Brassicus II took a sip out of his tea "Anyways, sorry for being so somber. What were we talking about?" Brassicus II paused for a second "Ah right, the Cabbagelandetian infastructure. While I don't think getting the internet in Cabbagelandiet is a priority, I wouldn't have any objections with the setting up of infastructure..."

Peterhoff interrupted Brassicus II's talk "Something's been stuck in my head, if that cookie's recipe is secret, then how are you supposed to mass produce and import it? Or do you cook all these cookies?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »
"Excellent," Beatrice said of the embassy, "We'll see that the proper arrangements are made in short order. I...am sorry the end of your isolation did not provide the cure you searched for, I am truly sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I too have seen loss, though to different reasons, leaving only a handful of my family to survive into the 21st century. Even though Islyna blessed me with two beautiful children a third never saw their birth; I'm sorry, I guess what I am saying is if you're ever in need of an ear or a shoulder, you may always call upon me."

"We can go over infrastructure proposals as we continue," Beatrice continued, shifting gears back toward their talks. "I'll discuss some options with Abstergo, to pair any options they may have with an International Development Grant to get things off the ground. Earlier I know you spoke of muskets, and I believe we may be able to discuss a path toward ensuring Cabbagelandiet fields strong and capable force. Toward these ends I shall be calling upon a friend who I believe would be of invaluable assistance in establishing a modern ground force for your nation, during which we may get to know each other better and move toward equipping Cabbagelandiet with some more modern equipment."

"Rokkenjima, for her part, is more known for her naval forces," Beatrice continued. "As a nation which boasts such a large coast I believe it would be in your best interests to develop a Navy capable of defending your interests and aiding those friends you shall make. The Imperial Reserve Fleet has a number of vessels we'll be looking to find new lives for, and I believe if we work in conjunction with previously mentioned arrangements we may tailor build a fine navy for Cabbagelandiet. Rokkenjima, as an island nation, discovered the need for a strong navy early on, so we've our share of experience which I would be glad to share with you."

"As for the cookies, you should expect them in small batches. Consider it a personal gift of mine toward what I hope to be a strong friendship between our nations and peoples."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »
"Well I'll be sure to get the lads over at the construction department ready for the embassy." said Brassicus II, pouring himself a second cup of tea "On the shoulder thing, here's my personal mail address if you want to get to me without sending a letter to the Foreign Thingimajigs Department." Brassicus II wrote the address on a piece of paper "Brasscirom, Old Factory Street, ACA502... that should be it." he handed the piece of paper to the Empress.

"Ah yes, using the power of friendship to spruce up the military." Brassicus II laughed "Anyways, military help would be really appreciated. Anybody could just come in and take Cabbagelandiet in the current situation, which is kind of... scary to say the least."

"Interestingly, even though Cabbagelandiet has a huge coast, we never really cared about a navy. If you crush an army, then you win a war. If you crush a navy... you win the naval war. And maybe disrupt the trade. Which Cabbagelandiet didn't have any trade. Until the unisolation. But now we have trade. And we do need a navy. I'd be happy to accept your offer to adopt some of your vessels, so to say."

"My lazy side is telling me to just grab the cookie deal and run honestly!" Brassicus II laughed, almost spilling his tea.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 07:57:46 PM »
"Most wonderful," Beatrice replied, tucking the paper in a drawer next to her chair. "By the time we're done you'll have no such worries, nor will Cabbagelandiet have to worry of its maritime interests falling prey to those who would see it as a softer target. I'll leave much of the ground-focused work to my friend, however," she continued, placing before him information on the
Forestal Class Patrol Boat
and Astral Class Large Patrol Vessel.

"Naturally as we ascertain the specific needs which face Cabbagelandiet we can consider further options. If you'll excuse me for a few moments I'll be happy to get approval on the deal I was speaking of," she said, stepping out to place a call to Joshua Rhodes. With a confirmation that Joshua would be interested Beatrice returned. "So we'll set forth a meeting so we can get a ground program in place for your military. It'll take some time and effort, but I'm looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
"Most wonderful indeed." Brassicus II tried to read the info on the naval vessels, but couldn't understand much. "Well, I'm not really good at the naval department of things. All I know is that boats float on water!" he laughed "Anyways, pretty sure I should ask the lads in the Naval Department before I do anything to do with the navy."

"What I do actually kind of know about is the armed forces." he stopped to think for a moment. "I think me and Karn Ibahar, my Head of Military, both have freedays in about a months time. And I'd like him to come to Cabbagelandiet, consider it as me repaying for all these cookies and tea, as I will be getting him some of my own cookies and tea." he sipped his tea and waited for an answer.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 05:44:05 AM »
"I trust you shall make the necessary inquiries and arrangements so we may proceed then, giving me time to secure the services of the Duke of Somerset," Beatrice replied with a smile. "Now then, for the specifics between Cabbagelandiet and Rokkenjima, I've prepared a draft Treaty for your consideration. Please review it and let me know if there are any areas you would wish to modify, remove, or add on to."

She passed the document over to Brassicus II and waited for him to review it.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 05:52:01 PM »
"Well then, it's time to read..." said Brassicus, starting to read the document. There were a lot of fancy words in the document, but the document seemed pretty... distasteful. "May I, with all my seriousness, ask if this bloody thing is a joke? I'd understand if it was a joke, really I would.". He then started to rant about the document while swearing (thankfully in a language Beatrice couldn't understand) and laughing hysterically.

"'Each Party shall agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other signatory.' Well then, I do believe your cookie recipe is important military intelligence for me, may I have that?"

"'For the purpose of contributing to the mutual security of Rokkenjima and Cabbagelandiet, as well as the maintenance of international peace and security in Ardia and Albion, both parties are granted the use by its ground, air and naval forces of facilities, ports and air fields in each nation.' How much of the Army? Can I station the whole Cabbagelandetian army in your palace for security reasons? The great Cabbagelandetian army migration is coming up and this agreement is the thing I needed!"

"'To promote joint economic prosperity between Rokkenjima and Cabbagelandiet there shall be no tariffs imposed upon goods transported between the two nations.' , 'Taxes upon corporations or other business entities originating from either nation shall be granted a reduced tax rate when constructing offices or operations in either nation, so long as construction contracts of manufacturing and production in such properties are granted to corporations or business entities in the two nations.' Let's crash the whole bloody economy while at it! And set the tax rates to %0!"

"Bloody hell on a huge bloody stick, I think I just re-grew my sense of humor while looking at whatever this is! I heard that you people like posting jokes on these fancy internet machines, I think it would be really popular if I posted this document there! It would become a, what's it called... erm... a meme!"

After going on his long rant, Brassicus II stopped to take a breath. "Bloody hell... Bloody hell... Well then, I hope you understood my problems with this joke of yours. Believe me madame, Empress, lady, whateverthebloodyhellyouare, I'm literate enough to understand and not be fooled enough by these fancy words on this paper. My nation might be stuck in the 19th Century, but that doesn't make me a naive fool, does it? Well then, let's speak like two literate adults, hmm?" he then took a sip out of his tea, praying that he hadn't just started a crisis with his use of words. Still, Beatrice deserved those words due to... whatever the bloody hell that document was.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:34:40 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 06:56:44 AM »
Beatrice chuckled as she motioned for Kayleigh to join them in the room. "Your Majesty, with all due respect, what makes you a naive fool is stepping into someone's home, asking them for arms, only to then show a display of disrespect to a foreign head of state perhaps unheard of. I don't believe I could find a parallel anywhere in history for the utter breakdown in decorum I have just bore witness to, even stretching back to whatever century you find yourself stuck in. You may also forget about any deal involving arms, training or vessels, as you've proven to me that you would be a far greater danger to yourself and others, especially considering that despicable tongue of yours. I suppose I should have brought your judgement into question when news broke of your love for the former Duchess, whom you've known for such a short time, but we shall not descend into such scandalous talk."

"You'll also forgive me if I don't go searching for any form of economic acumen from the Holy Kingdom, given the respective differences in our economic positions, measurable on a scale of trillions. If I should ever wish to transition the Rokkenjiman economy to the trade and barter system, however, I may be in touch for your advice. Kayleigh, I do believe our friend is in need of an escort from the Castle grounds. Transportation back to Cabbagelandiet should also be provided, I'm thinking economy class should prove sufficient."

"A final piece of advice," Beatrice continued before handing him off to Kayleigh, "it would be best if you didn't break any more diplomatic protocols following your departure should you wish for your nation to find its footing in Mundus such as a breach of diplomatic confidentiality, for example. I shall not act to hamper your prospects by publicizing your fatuous display here today, I'm a woman who believes in second chances and allowing individuals to rise, or likewise fall, based on their own merits. I would take care in how you speak to other heads of state, however, as they may not be so gracious in entertaining such displays."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 08:28:21 AM »
Brassicus II decided that he didn't want to dig himself deeper into the hole he had dug himself to and decided to leave. "I do thank you for the economy class ticket, but I will go back with the helicopter I came as that helicopter isn't a gift. And I do hope that you give a second chance to Alys if you're going to give a wanker like me a second chance. Goodbye." he and Peterhoff left for the helicopter.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »

A Secured Communication To the Holy Kingdom

In the weeks which have followed our initial meeting I have reflected upon our respective situations and, as I declared to you, I have long believed in the principle of offering a second chance to those who merit it. It is not lost upon me that Cabbagelandiet has been isolated and that you have not had the opportunity to acquaint yourself with diplomatic protocol and decorum. I do hold reservations about the manner in which you conducted yourself as a guest in the home of another, as well as the disrespect shown to me personally and toward Chrysanthemum Throne. With that being said it is demanded of the Rosari Faithful that we look beyond such slights unless they are proven to be part of a pattern, and I wish to grant you an opportunity to establish that pattern shall not, in fact, be made.

I have taken the liberty of attaching the second draft of the The Pyrettania-Brasscirom Accord. While one may question why I would go to the trouble, following the manner in which our discussions concluded, some would call treaty drafting a hobby of mine, though it would have been much more pleasing to have engaged in the process with you. I do not believe you hold intentional malice in your heart, thus I leave it to you to determine the next chapter of relations between ourselves as well as our nations. Whether the slate is cleansed and rendered anew shall be wholly dependent upon your response to this letter. I trust that it is my first impression of you, not that which you ultimately left me with, was accurate and I shall look forward to that belief being validated. 

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Spoiler: show

Treaty of Friendship And Non-Aggression Between The First Empire of Rokkenjima And The Holy Kingdom of Cabbagelandiet[/font]
The Pyrettania-Brasscirom Accord

The First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Holy Kingdom of Cabbagelandiet;

Desiring to move towards a normalization of diplomatic relations and to promote conditions of tranquility in their relations,

Seeking to ensure the spectre of international conflict is reduced through a commitment to mutual non-aggression,

Having resolved to conclude a treaty of friendship and non-aggression,

Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

Each Party recognizes and respects the sovereignty of each other. The Parties agree to uphold a policy of non-aggression toward one another, whether such aggression be of an economic or armed nature.

ARTICLE II

The Parties will consult together from time to time regarding the implementation of this Treaty.

ARTICLE III

Each Party shall agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other signatory so long as said intelligence does not compromise ongoing operations.

ARTICLE IV

The terms of this Treaty shall not supersede those commitments already existing to LISA or other such international accords to which the Parties may be signatories to.

ARTICLE V

This Treaty does not affect and shall not be interpreted as affecting in any way the rights and obligations of the Parties under the Charters of any organisation or Treaty they may be party to.

ARTICLE VI

This Treaty shall be ratified by the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Holy Kingdom of Cabbagelandiet in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which the instruments of ratification thereof have been exchanged by them in Pyrettania.

ARTICLE VII

The Treaty shall also also allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visa aiding in travel between the nations for purpose of tourism and recreation.

ARTICLE VIII

The Treaty shall seek to promote the establishment of a student exchange program, allowing Rokkenjiman and Cabbagelandiet students more expansive and diverse educational opportunities.

ARTICLE IX

The First Empire shall secure the issuance of an International Development Grant in an amount no greater than र1.081bn ($2bn) for the development and modernisation of Cabbagelandiet infrastructure, to include but not limited to port facilities, data and communications systems, and other areas highlighted by the Holy Kingdom as requiring modernisation. The First Empire shall also assist the Holy Kingdom in the development of capable indigenous means to resist armed attack.

ARTICLE X

This Treaty shall remain in force until such a time either Party views it as no longer serving their best interests.

Either Party may give notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate the Treaty, with due reason being stated, in which case the Treaty shall terminate one year after such notice has been given.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned Plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty.

DONE at the City of Pyrettania, Azukishima Prefecture, Rokkenjima in the Rokkenjiman and English languages equally and authentic, this [DATE].

For Rokkenjima:

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princes of Littlebrook

For Cabbagelandiet:

OOC: Figured I had this sitting on my hard drive and, if nothing else, at least it can be read instead of being consigned to the waste heap. ^^

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:38:56 PM »
(OOC - This reply is after Brassicus apologized to Beatrice over at the Xĉthoon enthronement.)

To Empress Beatrice Anselmo

I hope that you've forgiven me for my uncouthness in our first meeting. I invite you to a meeting in Cabbagelandiet, in my palace, in hopes of signing the treaty and a revitilizatşon of relations between our nations.

May Brassicus Prime bless us all,
                   Signed,

Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet and the Church of Brassica Prime.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »

In Reply To Grand Preacher Brassicus II

Grand Preacher Brassicus II,

As I told you prior to your departure from Rokkenjima I firmly believe in second chances, as well as allowing each person the right to rise or fall upon their own merit. Apologizing for one's wrongs is a sign of strength, humility and speaks well of the contents of their hearts, qualities I believe you displayed to me in person. I am thus pleased to accept your invitation and shall look forward to the opportunity to visit your homeland.

Let us both set forth a new course for our nations and peoples that sees friendship and understanding guide our shared path.

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »
It was another snowy February day in Cabbagelandiet, the streets were empty and the Cabbagelandetian citizens were inside their homes, probably drinking thier tea. Grand Preacher Lahana Vaizi Brassicus II was standing in front of his "palace", if you could call an old factory a "palace", waiting for his guest, Beatrice, with a hot cup of tea in his hand.

After about 15 minutes of waiting for his guest, Brassicus had went out a bit too early to wait for Beatrice, he saw Beatrice coming. He sipped all of his tea down and then put his tea-cup away on a window sill and prepeared to greet the Empress.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:28:58 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 09:07:57 AM »
"Your Highness," Beatrice said with a bow, "It has been some time, yes?" she asked rhetorically. "Thank you for inviting me to your home, I must say I am pleased to have this opportunity to speak with you again. I share your hopes in relations between our nations and moving forward from the initial difficulties we experienced. With that being said, I look to you to set the agenda; where do you wish to begin?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »
Brassicus bowed down as well. "I think we should get inside before having any discussion. Cabbagelandetian weather is a cruel mistress and I don't think you want to catch a cold, Your Highness." said Brassicus laughing, he then went into his humble "palace", and reached his quaint living room. There he had prepeared tea for the Empress and for himself, and the tea sat on a table between two couches.

"Please, feel yourself at home." said Brassicus, taking a seat on one of the couches. He took a sip out of his cup of tea then slipped a the treaty Beatrice had proposed before in the letter on to the table. "I think it's time to right a mistake I made." said Brassicus, putting his signature on the treaty.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
Beatrice followed Brassicus into the palace, taking her designated seat. Partaking of the tea she smiled at the notes present in its taste. While not comparable to a Rokkenjiman tea directly, it was certainly an experience worthy of appreciation.

To begin their meeting with a treaty signing caught her by surpriset, though she smiled as the pen was set down. "Very well," she said, affixing her signature to the document as well. "I knew my initial instinct was correct," she said as she sat the pen down, "and I am only sorry that we had to experience such quarrel between us. Now, I understand you're indebted to the tune of some $325m, would I be correct?" she asked.

Taking from her purse a document she affixed yet another signature before handing it to Brassicus. "I've never been a fan of holding nations in debt, thus I figured my first act as a treatied partner of Cabbagelandiet should be to see that your nation has before it a clean slate. From here, together, let us make decisons which enrich our Peoples mutually, and sees that our Peoples are on a path of mutual prosperity." The document which she presented him would provide र175.675m ($325m) to meet prior contractual arrangements. "I believe this should help Cabbagelandiet to begin herself on a path which sees economic opportunity explored at its maximum."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 12:02:54 PM »
"Please, do not be sorry for what you haven't caused, it was all my foolish foolery that caused this whole quarrel." replied Brassicus in an apologetic voice.

"Yes, you would be correct. For the modernization of a port Cabbagelandiet incurred some debt..." Brassicus went quiet as the Empress presented the document. "Brassicus Prime bless, please do not-" Brassicus decided that resistence to the money would be futile, and decided that being in "debt" to Rokkenjima (he wasn't a man to accept something for free and not give something back) was better than being in debt to the any other nations.

"Well... I do... Erm... I am humbled." Brassicus stumbled as he tried to find words appropriate for the situation. "I hope Cabbagelandiet'll be able to pay you in an another way." Brassicus then took the document. "I'll have to hand this to Rsizadam once we're done. I do thank you for what you've done."

"And now that all the treaty stuff is done..." Brassicus took a long sip out of his tea before continuing to speak. "...I've heard that you have some concerns about a certain Duchess I've been courting."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 05:10:46 AM »
"If you wish to repay me, all that I shall accept is true and honest friendship. That shall be sufficient," Beatrice replied with a smile. "Although if our ships could be granted use of these facilities at discounted rates, I imagine the politicians back in Pyrettania would be more supportive of our efforts too. I know for certain the Blue Star Line is keen to establish operations in the Alucard, and with their liners comes tourism and the profits that come with it."

"With a clean slate I feel we'll see greater things from Cabbagelandiet, and it's my hopes we shall see first-class infrastructure power Cabbagelandiet into a new era. While some may see your isolation as a hindrance I see it as an advantage, for you've access to a perspective I nor any other contemporary leader throughout Mundus has access to. We may be able to put that to use for different things in the future, too."

"Ah yes," Beatrice said at the mention of Alys. "A most difficult history there, many still have their suspicions of her, myself included. Although, in all fairness, I can't imagine she's had the most pleasant things to say of me either," she continued with a chuckle.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
"Friendship, huh. What a queer word to hear when doing diplomacy. Anyways, you'll have my friendship, true and honest. Though I'll have to discuss a discount of the usage of facilities by Rokkenjima with Kara Rsizadam later." Brassicus then proceeded to finish his cup of tea, and then poured himself a new cup of tea before proceeding to speak.

"Well, I can assure you that yes, she hasn't said the nicest and the most pleasent of words about you..." said Brassicus at the mention of Alys "... but I think she is actually a lovely person now. She has been... Nothing but nice to me. I hope I haven't fallen into delusion... But saying that, isn't love a delusion in and of itself?" Brassicus took a second to think: He hadn't actually written to Alys in a while. Nor had he had a chance to go out with her expect the diplomatic occasion. Perhaps he would write Alys a letter, asking how she was and... Anyways he was getting a bit distracted. He'd think of such things after he finished speaking to the Empress. "Anyways, I'm getting a bit off-topic here. Pretty sure I'm not here to do philosophy about love, am I?" said Brassicus as he laughed and as he sipped his tea.