Author Topic: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review  (Read 36967 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2022, 07:43:22 AM »

Uranium, Other Elements Discovered In Clysperis

With the discovery of uranium in Clysperis the Kingdom eyes further diversification of its economy.

The Clysperi Nuclear Authority has announced the discovery of large amounts of uranium ore within the Kingdom, offering a glimpse of a further diversified Clysperi economy. According to a release from Khemnen Palace uranium was discovered in high concentrations in five main areas, three of which are in the Southern Lands, one near Takha on the Gulf of Safraen, and the last near the Clysperi town of Apne. Because uranium is an important strategic raw material the Kingdom intends to mainly utilize it as a fuel for the production of energy, both domestically and for export.

Khemnen Palace stated 14 other rare and valuable elements were found in the Apne area including cerium, terbium and neodymium. These resources can be used for manufacturing medical equipment, electronics and aircraft which can help the Clypseri economy to grow significantly. In the coming days Khemnen Palace will be providing resources for mineralization centers to provide researchers with necessary vehicle maintenance and lodging services, along with necessary science equipment.

The Clysperi Nuclear Authority intends to tender a bid to international companies to levy foreign expertise in the complex process of excavating and extracting uranium. Khemnen Palace has made clear that it is "of paramount importance" that it will be guaranteed that Clysperis will be able to utilize all uranium extracted by any of these companies and determine its final destination, whether it be for domestic energy production or sale on foreign markets. "These companies will be compensated for their services, however, the uranium ultimately belongs to the Kingdom and we shall be the final word on what is done with our natural resources, not foreigners," a statement directly said by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re was released to CSMC.

As for the other resources discovered the Kingdom is gearing up to prepare for a future which sees Clysperis producing electronics, aircraft, and other high-tech goods which the exploitation of these resources will allow for.

In related economic developments Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has stated that the Kingdom "will not be imposing sanctions upon any state. As a state which formerly issued sentences of indentured servitude and, despite whatever terms or conditions which are implemented alongside it, it remains a form of servitude which has no place in the modern era. With that being stated, and with the prospect of other nations implementing sanctions upon the Emirate of Royal Seleucid, I am offering those foreign firms concerned with present and future sanctions upon the Emirate and Waddan steep tax incentives and other measures for switching their business dealings toward the Kingdom of Clysperis. International voices will grow only louder against servitude, regardless of the language which is used in attempts to justify it, and prudent businesses will act practically to safeguard their investments. The Kingdom is one safe harbour in Midaranye which can meet all of those needs."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2022, 11:35:30 PM »

Clysperis Declared Slave Free

With the validation of a foe of the Clysperi Kingdom, Clysperis has proven slavery is no longer practiced.

The long awaited results of the Tytorian investigation into Clysperis and whether it practiced slavery or not is over, with the independent verification of a Clysperi skeptic force confirming Pharaoh Akasha's declaration. "This is not only my victory, it is yours," Akasha shared on air, "we have all worked together to make Clysperis a slave, and indentured, free zone and for that, we should all be proud. In a region which is seemingly stuck two centuries behind, we thrive, we progress, we join with nations across the world in this era, not fight against them. I can only hope our model for success can be replicated, so that more peoples of Midaranye can be valued for the wonderful people that they are."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2022, 01:05:05 AM »

Clysperis Poised To Ratify MCUR

Questioning the Abrahamic Declaration, Pharaoh Akasha has given a nod to the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights.

Following news from Rayyu on the creation of an "Abrahamic Declaration" Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re announced that, within the week, the Kingdom of Clysperis would ratify the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights. Speaking with the CSMC from Khemnen Palace the Pharaoh noted that "after a stringent review" of the Convention she found nothing within it which would "stymie the sovereignty of the Clysperi Kingdom, nor anything which would contradict with the values of the Kingdom. I am, obviously, a woman of faith however I feel somewhat concerned when religion is intermixed with international politics as we've seen from the document produced by the Abrahamic nations. I know, in my capacity as Pharaoh of the Clysperi, that it is my responsibility to see that no Clysperi mouth wants for anything, that no Clysperi is left destitute, for all Clysperi are my flock regardless of any concept of "paying in" so to say, for their rights. I believe we must recognize ourselves in each other, treat all whom we meet with the same respect and dignity we ourselves would wish to be treated with, and that concept is alien to what the Abrahamic nations are putting before the international community."

The Pharaoh continued that the decision to sign the MCUR was withheld until the Abrahamic Declaration was announced by the Emirate of Rayyu. "I wanted to see what they had laboured to produce," she continued, "and while in previous times I would have opposed signing any such document what I have seen on offer from both sides of the spectrum leads me to believe that the MCUR is a document more in accordance with the principles of Ma'at than the Abrahamic Declaration. How can I, as Pharaoh, deny any Clysperi a right they are ordained by the gods from birth? I am also concerned as to the wording regarding marriage in the Abrahamic Declaration, which states that men and women have the right to marriage. I wonder, does this include a woman who wishes to wed a woman, or a man who wishes to wed a man? What is the definition of a family under this Declaration, and are those who are called upon to love one of their own sex protected as it is stated that no restrictions of "race, colour or nationality shall prevent them from exercising this right"?

Speaking further the Pharaoh indicated her willingness to partner with the First Empire on the announcement of its Keystone Initiative. "Human history is one which is fraught with tales, stories and anecdotes of order versus chaos, and perhaps the Empress is correct in stating that Mundus is beginning an era of chaos. Ma'at is what preserves Clysperis from chaos, and she is our guiding star in preserving us from slipping away from justice and order into the destructive forces of chaos. If it is the true intentions of the First Empire to help preserve Mundus from such a future they shall find a true partner in the Kingdom of Clysperis in preventing our world from slipping into chaos and disorder. Today we offer a hand of trust and faith in our interests in the MCUR; if these are reciprocated, we shall see where and when future partnership with the First Empire is appropriate on the issues facing Mundus."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2022, 05:38:14 AM »

Pharaoh Invites Mundus To Khemnen-Setri

Pharaoh Akasha has invited the world to Setri in her bid to see Clysperis host the Summer Games.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has extended an invitation to global leaders and their respective sports officials "to join me in Setri, the City of Dreams, so that Clysperis may show you personally the work we have done to build truly world-class sporting facilities. In addition to these facilities we have crafted infrastructure which will not only serve the athletes, but also all of the fans from across Mundus who will wish to view the games in person. Due to a windfall year in energy sales I am pleased to announce that, if selected to host, the Kingdom of Clysperis will be capable of covering the lodging costs for all who wish to come to Clysperis to see the games. We offer this as a gesture, as a way to welcome the world back to Clysperis, and in a way, to welcome Clysperis back to the community of nations."

The Setri-Khemnen Games Park straddles a region roughly in-between the Clysperi cities of Khemnen and Setri, hence the name Khemnen-Setri, the Pharaoh explained. "In addition to the facilities we have built foreign guests will be able to enjoy all the amenities of the City of Dreams while taking in the rich culture of the Kingdom of Clysperis. Visit the Pyramids of Nafu which have been meticulously preserved for generations or perhaps the Library of Akkha, the largest library of the ancient world, may be of interest to you. Naturally our focus will remain on the Games themselves which will be hosted in facilities which utilize state-of-the-art systems and infrastructure to ensure they proceed without hinderance. We have constructed ample facilities for the athletes to be accommodated comfortably and safely as they compete with the full energy of their home nations propelling them to the heights of victory."

"Over the course of this three-day visit to the Khemnen-Setri Games Park I look forward to discussing with world leaders and sports officials anything which Clysperis may do to improve the facilities we have built, and to build international support for the Clysperi bid. I will personally be on hand to oversee these tours and talks, and to be a welcome host to all of our guests. Information for delegations wishing to join me in Setri will be made available in a release from the Royal Clysperi Government. I, for one, look forward to welcoming you to the Kingdom and discussing how we can make the Summer Games the best Mundus Games we've seen in some time!"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2022, 06:07:08 AM »

Speaking from the City of Setri Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re addressed the Kingdom following news from the Mundus Games Committee that Azarelia, Mktvartvelo had been selected to host the Summer Games. "I offer my congratulations to the People of Mktvartvelo and for those in foreign capitals expecting me to extend words of spite to Mktvartvelo, I'm not sorry to disappoint you. I look forward to the competition awaiting us in the Games. Though we shall not be competing upon Clysperi soil the spirit of our nation will be on full display throughout the Games nonetheless."

"In remarks to the Mundus Games Committee we saw Südmark play upon fears of stability and safety in Clysperis, fears which are wholly unfounded. Not too far in the recent past the Kingdom had the pleasure of hosting Emperor Peter Azurewind who, along with his delegation, moved throughout Clysperis without any obvious concerns for their safety beyond standard procedure. We have seen that justice is brought to those who raised arms under the banner of a terrorist while the Clysperi People have joined together to produce a miracle: not only in the reconstruction of Clysperis, but in the birth of an economic miracle which has lifted countless lives into a new standard of living. Our streets, villages, towns and cities are just as safe as those found across Mundus. This line, however, speaks to the fact that some people cling to certain prejudices regarding Clysperis and our very lands, yet it is sad to see them displayed before the Mundus Games Committee as we saw the other day."

"Concerns regarding our facilities are, likewise, another inaccuracy from those who haven't seen nor actually inspected them. Our teams went to great lengths in the rehabilitation of those facilities which were modernized, taking care at every juncture of the process to ensure, first, that rehabilitation was even realistic before work began upon them. These facilities were brought up to modern building code standards, countless days in some cases went into the removal of materials utilized by the Soviets in some facilities, while a combination of visual inspections, sample gathering, the employment of rebound hammers to gauge the strength of concrete structures in addition to testing the pH balance of the concrete itself. Due to the largely arid climate of the Khemnen-Setri area the carbonation levels of the concrete fell well within levels we felt comfortable with before proceeding. These are all questions which could have been answered via a simple letter, and while these may have been solely metrics announced by Südmark the potential for them to influence votes down the line cannot be discounted."

"The assumptions laid before the Committee from Nya Åland are likewise problematic: the Clysperi legacy of the Games was not political, but symbolic in many ways. Beyond inspiring the Clysperi to look beyond for cooperation and honest competition, bringing the Games to Clysperis would have shone a strong light upon a society which has rejected the cultural heritage of Midaranye, slavery, and while the opening ceremony which would have championed the cause of peoples in chains across Mundus will not be happening I at least take comfort that some of our plans in that regard were designed to move forward regardless of the outcome of the vote. Funds which were intended to cover certain expenses in hosting the Summer Games, totaling $2.97bn for needs such as security, performances, and the participation of many companies which would have been utilized during the Games have been redirected to supporting the victims and survivors of slavery not just in Clysperis, but those of any nationality who are victims of this inhumane practice. Accommodations for athletes, trainers and other Games officials are already being prepared for their intended second life: an affordable and supportive community for Clysperi and foreign victims of slavery and forced servitude to call home, with the involvement of businesses across Clysperis as well as the Royal Clysperi Government to forward their education and provide career opportunities to enrich their lives. In that light, I hold no regrets and all Clysperi should be proud of what we built because these assets can now be a force to change lives and lift people up."

"Nya Åland is also a state that has a record of taking severe actions against the children of the gods, their persecution of Christians and fear of foreign faiths leading them to being one of the most religiously oppressive states upon Mundus. Kemetic Orthodoxy faced several challenges, the most recent of them the Soviets who sought to impose state atheism upon our lands, yet somehow Kemetic Orthodoxy has found a way to live in harmony with Manists, Muslims, Cultists, and countless peoples of faiths other than Kemetic; our faith has survived and our People have joined hands, across lines of faith, countless times. I hope to see a day where Nya Åland casts off its paranoia and recognizes that people of faiths other than that of their Odin aren't some plot to remove Odinists from the world, or whatever their reason is, because it's all quite irrational if you ask me."

"Nya Åland was joined in this late voting by the Emirates, Royal Seleucid and Rayyu. I've already said enough on Royal Seleucid, offered them opportunities for rapprochement, but the ego of a King is something which is difficult to overcome. In a region where at least four out of two leaders are men I've come to accept that the level of respect I receive will never equal that of my male counterparts; it's played a large role in Clysperis looking beyond our region as, sadly, many of them are a century or two behind us when it comes to concepts such as equality between the genders, for example. We also had the Emirate of Rayyu join Royal Seleucid in voting against us, but I am quite fine with that. In a recent interview the Emir said to a bisexual woman that her and her partner, gods rest her soul, "could not have done this naturally". It boggles my mind, truly, as over a thousand species have exhibited same-sex behaviour including sex and co-parenting. Beetles, fruit bats, dolphins, birds, sheep, orangutans, even the tiny flea are just a handful of examples of God's creation or the natural world, which engages in homosexual behaviour so tell me, how is that not the very definition of natural? Being gay is not a problem or challenge to be overcome, it's simply who you were meant to be and I imagine, perhaps after another thousand years or so, that the Abrahamic faiths will finally be where we are in realizing that the gods do not care who you love so long as you are honest and true in your interactions with every life you touch and leave them better off than when they approached you. Naturally...." Pharaoh Akasha shook her head, "what will the next excuse be?"

"I'll gladly stand against powers which continue to represent the past," the Pharaoh continued, "as we look to the future. Midaranye is so much more than Tamora, Royal Seleucid and Rayyu, we have the potential to move beyond the constraints some powers would wish to impose upon us and I believe that if we move beyond the views espoused by Royal Seleucid, Tamora and Rayyu that we can see progress in our region, we can hold onto traditions without handicapping ourselves. Is it any wonder why I am the most targeted leader by states such as Royal Seleucid, Rayyu and Waddan? Tell me what the difference is between our heads-of-government, I'll even give you the first two guesses free. I won't stand down though, I will do all that is within my power to make this the century of the Midaranye woman and seeing that we're finally valued as men are and treated as equals. They may have sank our bid to host the Mundus Games, but I remain confident that in the long arc of history, they will ultimately be the losers."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2022, 09:19:14 AM »

Pharaoh Blames Subordinate For Lost Democracy Invite

Pharaoh Akasha has removed from the Diplomatic Service a subordinate who directed letters to her wrongly.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re dismissed a member of the Diplomatic Service for causing a nearly month-long delay in the relaying of a message to her desk. "This is simply unacceptable," the Pharah said to CMSC, "and while a nation reached out to us first we have most likely lost that opportunity due to their sheer incompetence in the handling of my official correspondence. I am inflamed by the delays initiated by my servant, who will remain unnamed to preserve the honour of his family, however I have made my displeasure painfully clear to the patriarch of his family. I will state that the patriarch accepted responsibility with honour, hence my gesture to preserve their good name by not making them an example before the entirety of the Kingdom. These mistakes shall not take place again as this failed representative, acting in my name no less, would otherwise be deserving of great dishonour for fumbling so greatly upon this."

"This is an opportunity which should not have been lost," the Pharaoh continued, "and my immense disappointment has been shared with this individual and his family. Should circumstances present themselves I am open to meeting with the People of the Democracy, in my personal capacity not by subordinate, as I believe that a nation reaching out to the world deserves the attention only the Sovereign of another nation can provide; you extended to us an opportunity, it should be met by the highest levels of government in return. If this slight has not soured you too far, and I assure you I have taken every measure to ensure such a disrespect never transpires again, I look forward to a fully collaborative experience. While Clysperis has no need for democracy I respect and recognize that this system may work for other cultures, and I embrace you warmly for that. May we learn from each other in our discussions and I assure you, again, that these issues will not be an issue in the future. I will be personally handling all communications in relations to our discussions and will accept no less than perfection from my diplomatic apparatus."

"I hope the failings of one Clysperi may be forgiven," she continued, "as that one voice does not represent us all. I accept the invitation extended to me and intend to meet it personally, as that is what you deserve as you expose yourself to the world around you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2022, 10:08:34 PM »

Southern Nomarchs Issue Rare Rebuke Of Pharaoh

Sobeknakht, Nomarch of the powerful Khaset Nome, was the only Nomarch to personally attach his name. Meanwhile the Pharaoh responded to the open letter with the backing of the seven Northern Nomarchs.

Five Nomarchs, led by Sobeknakht of Khaset Nome, have rebuked Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re for "the failures leading up to the lost bid to host the Mundus Games" citing "policies of apparent appeasement toward the Occident which have bore little fruit." The Nomarchs called upon the Pharaoh to "revisit Clysperi foreign policy, seek accord with regional neighbours, including a full disavowal of prior words against King Heydar, Waddan and Rayyu. The pride of the Pharaoh, though great, should be utilized and harnessed for the betterment of Clysperis, not the pursuit of grudges." Sobeknakht, the only Nomarch to personally attach his name to the open letter to the Pharaoh, shared the following with CSMC.

"Great effort, material, investment and policy initiatives were the foundation for the Clysperi bid to host the Summer Games, and what results did they yield? Even though they gained the votes of nations which this Kingdom has traditionally been at odds with it took only the votes of three nations to show that the initiatives of the Pharaoh have been for naught; these efforts and energy could have been put into more worthwhile pursuits. We have thus called upon the Pharaoh to distance herself from words of ire against King Heydar personally, and against Waddan and Rayyu in general, while also revisiting certain foreign policy decisions which have struck against the very pride of the Kingdom of Clysperis."

The Pharaoh responded to the open letter with a live statement from Khemnen Palace, joined by the seven Northern Nomarchs.

"Nomarchs serve at the leisure of the Pharaoh and, unfortunately, a number of Nomarchs have lost their good senses. Prior to my ascendance to the Throne the Kingdom of Clysperis was poor, isolated, and receding from the world around it. The poor state of the Kingdom can be ascribed to poor policy, mostly at the hands of the Nomarchs through foolish decisions as well as rampant corruption. For example, at the beginning of Ramses V's reign 47¢ of every dollar (in international dollars) is estimated to have been lost to corruption. It is only through the virtue and patience of Pharaoh Ramses V that continued his efforts to eliminate corruption and institute policies which benefit not the Nomarchs, but the Clysperi People who deserve to benefit the most from Clysperi natural resources and efforts undertaken by the Kingdom. I shudder to think what the Nomarchs would be doing with our profits from the trade of oil or, in the future, our trade in uranium and other minerals for which we are developing the capacity for. I do not paint all Nomarchs in this light; many, those who were appointed following our post-Ramses V reorganization, have proven to be good stewards on my behalf. Conveniently, around seven of the Nomes remained in hereditary hands, many whose fathers led this great Kingdom into a lost era following the exorcism of our lands of the godless Soviets."

"Joining me here today are the Nomarchs who represent the Northern and Central Nomes who vehemently disagree with the assessments of this letter. They would not have me bow to King Heydar, a man who has been given ample opportunities to cast away his pride to forward a more amicable future between our nations, nor do they support a return to the folly of policies which led this Kingdom to ruin; both in financial and moral terms. They do not support a return to a system which would utilize the resources of Clysperis to line the pockets of a select few, nor would they hoard the Royal Reserves and see our People starve while they live lives of plenty and, with their support, we are working on yet another reform of the Assembly of Nomes to drive out the last vestiges of a class who must never again be allowed to take from the common Clysperi what is theirs. Whether that be the fruit of their labour, their pride, their very well-being, those who have cast their voice against the Chosen of Ra shall not be allowed to steer this Kingdom from the path of Ma'at ever again."

"Today I offer the Southern Nomarchs just one chance for an honourable exit from my Government. The People of the Southern Nomes will then be granted the opportunity to put forth three candidates from each Nome, a pool from which I shall determine their successors. Should I not see letters of abdication delivered to Khemnen by this coming Monday those who defy my will shall find only a most dishonourable end to their service. In short, the Five no longer serve with my sanction, thus once Monday dawns I shall call upon the Letters signed, in some cases centuries ago by their predecessors, and burn them as they shall no longer be valid. Choose wisely."

Sobeknakht and his cohorts have yet to respond to the demands of the Pharaoh.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2022, 08:39:48 AM »

Sobeknakht Stands Defiant; Khaset Forces Surround Nemphis Nuclear Station

Sobeknakht directed his forces to mount an effort to effect control of the Nemphis Nuclear Power Station.

While many of the Southern Nomarchs accepted the fate prescribed by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re Nomarch Sobeknakht has remained defiant. Ordering his forces to mount "an operation to secure for our Nome the Nemphis Nuclear Power Station" the Royal Clysperi Army, under the command of Intef, General of Armies, has held back their advance toward the slumbering nuclear power plant. "I wish to assure my Pharaoh, my people and the international community that thus far we have held back the forces of Sobeknakht from advancing any closer to the Nemphis Nuclear Power Station. However, concerning developments have come to my desk with reports that the forces of Khaset have begun shelling lines providing power to the Station which keeps it in a safe state. If these lines are severed the Station will be forced to rely upon back-up generators to maintain cooling operations. I am presently working with the Pharaoh and reaching out to our partners and allies to bring this situation to a safe resolution."

The Kingdom has made contact with its counterparts in Achkaerin to "dislodge this threat from the Kingdom and ensure that nuclear catastrophe does not occur at Nemphis. If a disaster where to occur prevailing winds would likely carry radioactive particles beyond our borders to nations such as Waddan, Kodima, Rodina and perhaps as far away as Kaitaine and Chistopol. Rest assured that the Kingdom is working in earnest to prevent such a scenario, but we recommend the dispersal of iodine pills and other protective measures as proactive measures. At present the Nemphis Nuclear Power Station remains firmly in the hands of the Kingdom, power continues to flow to ensure safe conditions remain, and the Royal Clysperi Army is actively engaging the forces of this rogue Nome to permanently remove the threat."

CSMC will bring all breaking developments as they happen to your attention.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2023, 03:47:55 AM »

Pharaoh Seti Orders Heyran Diplomats To "Go Home"

Pharaoh Seti announced from the Council of Nomes that Heyra would "no longer have a diplomatic presence in the Kingdom of Clysperis."

Following what Khemnen is calling "unacceptable conduct on the part of the Heyran Republic and its representative" Pharaoh Seti announced that all Heyran diplomatic staff had 48 hours to "cease operations, shutter their offices, and depart Clysperi soil. Those remaining beyond this 48 hour window will be considered person non grata and shall be deported." Pharaoh Seti stated that comments made by a Heyran representative prompted the move "as they are so debased from reality that a diplomatic relationship between the Kingdom and the Republic has become untenable. Outside of issues surrounding Elysium and the Heyran relationship with the Tamoran Empire, through which it acted to pressure Clysperis from pursuing our path of abolishing slavery, in effect calling for Pharaoh Akasha to continue to bow her head to Emperor Abbas and Djerb, a position which the Kingdom vehemently disagreed with." Pharaoh Seti received broad applause from the Council of Nomes who supported the move of the Crown.

"When we broke from Tamora Heyra pleaded for us to desist, stating their concern that our Kingdom would be opening itself up to foreign meddling. They were concerned that our positions against slavery would be an issue, recognizing themselves that Emperor Abbas is "most fond of" slavery as "an integral part of the Empire's culture." We did not heed that advice, indeed the Kingdom of Clysperis rejected any rapprochement between the Kingdom and the Empire and, today, due to the statements of those speaking on behalf of the Republic whom I shall not name at this time, chiding the Kingdom on the issue of slavery despite their troubled history with that vile institution. We shall not be lectured to by the Mother of Elysium on matters of slavery and human suffering when much of Mundus questions the extent of their involvement with those who continue to employ it."

In related developments Sobeknakht, Nomarch of Khaset Nome, ordered his forces to stand down and declared an end to his efforts. "The developments revealed today show me that our enemy sits not in Khemnen, it exists beyond our borders. From the Soviets, to the Tamorans and now the Heyrans foreign hands seek to meddle in the affairs of the Clysperi Kingdom. I shall be working with our Pharaohs to repair the Nemphis Nuclear Station, to transfer it to international institutions capable of dismantling it, and I have pledged to never raise my sword against our Pharaohs again. I had many doubts about Pharaoh Akasha, I believed that she was acting in ways to weaken our Kingdom and enrich herself, but the principle she and Pharaoh Seti have shown in standing up to these foreigners, I can only be compelled to agree our fight is not with each other."

Pharaoh Akasha stated that Sobeknakht had "an opportunity to remain Nomarch following repentance," however the Pharaoh did not go into further detail. Given Sobeknakht's ability to command and his knowledge of the intricate politics of the Khaset Nome pacifying him has been seen as a great success by Khemnen Palace. "We are pleased to see peace restored to the Southern Nomes and look forward to moving forward for the benefit of the Clysperi Kingdom and every Clysperi," the Palace said in a brief statement to CSMC. The Palace also confirmed that the Pharaoh was in talks with certain parties to "fully ascertain the situation involving the Bahia Government and the Kaqam Tribe."

"Information is scarce, that which is available is through channels which, understandably, will have some manner of bias in their portrayal of events. Pharaoh Akasha is willing to consider facts and evidence, and is more than capable of being amendable if her understanding of the situation hasn't been made with a full understanding. Present Clysperi policy is to wait and see, and to hold on any concrete actions until more time and information has allowed for the right decision to be made. The Kingdom has no safe refuge for slavery or peddlers of suffering."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2023, 10:32:52 PM »

Pharaoh Calls Upon OPEN To Address Slavery

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has called upon OPEN to address counting amongst its members the biggest supporter of slavery in the 21st century.

"It is a disgrace," Pharaoh Akasha shared with CSMC, "that in the 21st century slavery not only exists, it has willing accomplices." When we sat down with the Pharaoh we didn't know where the conversation would be heading fully yet, within moments, it was clear that the Pharaoh was focused upon addressing the issue of Tamora and its membership in OPEN. "I recognize I am fighting an uphill battle," she continued, "the bonds between the Thrones of Royal Seleucid and the Tamoran Empire are well known and strong, yet I can no longer remain silent on this issue while maintaining a good conscience. OPEN must address the issues of slavery and servitude which are prevalent concerns in Midaranye and I feel we must make the right choices on these matters. I have called for a meeting of OPEN focused upon Tamora's continued employment of slavery, and I have called for OPEN to make a decision: does it continue to turn a blind eye toward the Tamoran Empire or does it make a decision which sees the Empire choose between continued membership in OPEN or the continued perpetuation of slavery in the modern era?"

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re was clear that the results of the meeting would determine the continued membership of Clysperis, which holds vast reserves of oil and natural gas, in OPEN. "We have shown not only Midaranye but the world at large that removing slavery, servitude and the sins each represent, is not only possible but it can unleash a world of opportunity for any society. I believe that OPEN has a responsibility to deal with the legacy of slavery and servitude perhaps greater than most international organizations, given that a founding member has thus far been shielded from responsibility for their contributions to human suffering. We must hold Tamora accountable, lest each and every member of OPEN be considered a willing accomplice to these institutions of suffering."

While OPEN has yet to respond to the motions of the Pharaoh the Kingdom is already preparing for all eventual outcomes.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2023, 10:15:49 PM »

Foreign Nationals Facing Penalty Of Death

Four foreigners who brought drugs to Clysperi soil are facing the death penalty for their transgressions against Royal Clysperi Law.

While their names and nationalities have been withheld by the Royal Clysperi Government CSMC understands that the nations of the so-called "Four" have been informed of the situation their nationals find themselves in. "Cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, heroin and fentanyl; all illegal under Royal Clysperi Law yet these four saw fit to transport quantities of each drug to the Kingdom of Clysperis. After a swift trial, as the evidence was painfully clear to anyone who possesses eyes and ears, our Courts have sentenced them to death, as is prescribed by Royal Clysperi Law. All of the evidence of the case, the facts which surround it, have been shared with their governments as well, though the options open to these governments are limited. A crime took place on Clysperi soil, as such, it is the view of the Kingdom that punishment should likewise take place upon Clysperi soil," a spokesperson for Khemnen Palace shared with CSMC.

While concerns had been raised that enacting such punishments upon foreign nationals could hamper Clysperis' relations with foreign nations Pharaoh Akasha dismissed such concerns as "pandering to a morally bankrupt Occident. The Kingdom, just as any other nation, has laws and expectations that do not contain exceptions for foreigners. While they are visiting the Kingdom they are our guests, yes, but even a guest is expected to follow the rules of your house, are they not? Do you allow them to wear their shoes throughout your home, perhaps place muddy boots on your coffee table? Of course not, they recognize they are guests and act accordingly. These four have not acted as good guests, they broke the laws of the Kingdom, and they'll receive the consequences for blatantly violating our laws regarding drugs and controlled substances. They should have left their poisons at home, where they're more acceptable by their rudderless and corrupt compatriots."

No nations have come forward stating those who have been convicted are nationals of theirs, however, the Pharaoh stated "They've a closing window: I'm of the temperament that we should save the Clysperi People the costs of dealing with such garbage, however, the fact that our laws were broken imparts upon me a responsibility, both to Clysperis and to Ma'at, to see justice through to its resolution."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2024, 10:55:50 PM »

Pharaoh Addresses Case Of The Four

The Pharaoh stated those involved in the "miscarriage of justice" would be "punished according to Clysperi law."

Recognizing the judicial process which rendered four nationals arrested under false pretenses in the Kingdom Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re spoke with the CSMC regarding the ordeal. "It is embarrassing," the Pharaoh said as she held back her emotions, "the people which led us to this point are those we trust every day to ensure that every Clysperi is treated fairly before the Courts after all. That they engaged themselves in such a manner with visitors to the Kingdom is disgraceful; each visitor to our Kingdom is someone I view as one of my guests, so to disrespect them and mistreat them is to disrespect me, and mistreat me. A full review of this affair is being conducted and each and every individual involved in this miscarriage of justice shall be fully punished according to Clysperi law. This is unacceptable and must never be allowed to happen again."

Our time with the Pharaoh followed the arrests of dozens of individuals, from officers, prosecutors, and even one judge. "There are many questions to be answered and, I give you my word, I shall see that we personally get to the bottom of how this happened, why it happened, while putting into place measures to ensure these actions are not repeated. I need not remind you that tourism to Clysperis is an industry which represents a significant sector of our economy; arresting our guests and putting them through such hardships are actions which harms that sector. I am ensuring that a strong message is sent to any within our government and judicial systems: actions such as these are directly opposed to Ma'at and shall be punished in the most severe terms allowable by Clysperi law. Those ultimately responsible for the drugs will receive justice in partaking of them until they are overcome by them. Then, the scales of Ma'at shall be restored to a state of balance."

The Pharaoh appeared at Setri International Airport to personally apologize to each of the Four prior to their departures home, personally paying for their fare home while providing each of them $250,000 from her own pocket. "Given that the trial itself was independently determined to be compliant with article 8 of the MCUR, I shall ask for an apology from the Empire of Daitō for their malignant words directed towards Clysperis and a commitment from them that they shall keep their Occidental tendencies in check when dealing with Mundus beyond Oshini borders. The attitude and language we've seen from the Empire has been proven wholly unnecessary given the actions of myself, and the Kingdom, in rectifying the actions of what amounts to a few bad actors; individuals, I would add, I've already stated would be addressed with the fullest penalties allowable by Clysperi law."

In other news the Pharaoh remarked that the City of Setri had seen "thousands of applications for housing and jobs within Setri. This is our success story," she paused to smile, "Just as our ancestors built the great pyramids, we've built our collective pyramid; our monument which shall stand into the future for generations to come. While we saw doubt from those who looked on from foreign shores we've proven them wrong with the great accomplishment which is Setri."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2024, 11:57:43 PM »

Nafu Site Of Redevelopment Project

The Great Pyramids of Nafu are to be joined by another great: the Great Cube of Nafu.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re unveiled the next great project of the Clysperi Kingdom following the success of Setri: the Nafu Redevelopment project, which she says "will stand as a modern beacon in Midaranye; an architectural wonder which combines the forces of technology, imagination and design. Centred around the Great Cube, the Clysperi People and indeed those from foreign shores will be able to enjoy experiences unlike any others throughout Mundus." The Great Cube, a skyscraper that will be the centrepiece of the Nafu Redevelopment Project, has set its aims to become the largest singular structure built in Mundus measuring 400 meters in width, length and height. It will be situated in southern Nafu, away from the Great Pyramids as to not change the historic skyline of that region.

A central focus of the New Nafu District Project has been placed upon green areas while ensuring that it is sustainable and friendly to pedestrians and cyclists first and foremost. The district will also feature an internal transportation system with a design requrement that living, entertainment and working facilities coexist within a 15 minute walking radius. A new museum, university and a truly immersive theater, in addition to over 80 cultural and entertainment venues are also planned. In addition, Nafu will see the creation of more than 104,000 residential units in addition to nearly 1,000,000 square meters of retail space. The Project will also see 1.4 million square meters for offices, community facilities and other leisure facilities.

Inside of the Great Cube will stand a spiraling tower encased in a technological structure designed to create a fully immersive experience accomplished by enormous holographic projections which will be capable of making people feel as if they are in different realities, times and places. Observation decks and restaurants will offer unparallelled views and experiences to visitors to the Great Cube, where they will be able to enjoy shopping, cultural, tourist, lodging and residential units. Given the speed at which we saw Setri see its completion, it is expected that the Great Cube will see completion by the year 2030.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re welcomed the CSMC aboard her plane as she traveled back to Khemnen from the Southern Lands.

"Nafu is home to some of the best preserved examples of the ancient history of our culture, examples of which sadly lay in ruins in Abydos," the Pharaoh shared with our reporter. "Just as Setri represents a great monument of our piece of Clysperi history, so too will the Great Cube stand as another contribution, one which will be looked upon with wonder and awe just as we today look upon the Great Pyramids. As any Clysperi can tell you, the Clysperi economic miracle is not just a mirage: in the upcoming report on the Clysperi economy, snippets of which have been shared with me, our economy has continued to grow exponentially providing real, tangible benefits to each and every Clysperi. Whereas we stood as an economy with an output of $150.4bn two years ago today the Clysperi Economy has grown to $397.2bn (representing an annualized rate of 62.5%, a decrease from 2022's high of 65.59%), GDP per capita has increased from $4.2k to $10.5k, and our trade surplus has doubled itself. The Clysperi Kingdom continues to deliver on its promises to the Clysperi People in restoring our rightful place in the world, and to improving the daily lives of each and every Clysperi citizen. We've had to face both internal and external threats to be sure, however, we've defeated them each time they've raised their heads from the holes in which they hide."

"Current projections point to another record year for the Clysperi economy which, for the past three years has enjoyed the highest real GDP growth rate. I will continue to support and advocate for policies which ensure this trend continues, to bring new business to our borders and to, hopefully, share our success throughout Midaranye. Our region has much to offer Mundus and it is my hopes that leaders from throughout Midaranye may convene at some point this year to discuss reorienting the region away from the era previously represented by the successes and strength of powers such as Tamora and more toward those of currently ascendant powers. I would even welcome King Heydar to join us, just as we're expecting to lease space in the Great Cube to foreign institutions I'd not impose any restrictions on a Seleucid presence there, and hopefully we may revisit the loss years ago and see a Clysperi presence at the Blue Project manifest, albeit late, though perhaps fashionably. If he should be open to the notion of working together I will show him the same grace in return."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2024, 10:17:11 PM »

Pharaoh Seti Abdicates; Will Focus On Financial Aspects

Pharaoh Seti has stepped down from his role as Pharaoh, taking again his birth name, as he intends to be more directly involved in the financial aspects of the Kingdom.

Naser Safavid, formerly Pharaoh Seti of the Kingdom of Clysperis, announced his abdication from the Throne with the blessings of Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re as he takes on full management of the Royal Clysperi Wealth Fund. Utilizing his prior experience as Vice Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank, and as a rumored contender to head the Imperial Wealth Fund, Naser's indirect involvement to date has resulted in the Royal Clysperi Wealth Fund amassing a portfolio of Đ507bn (Clysperi Deben, equivelant to $507bn). Modeled after the Imperial Wealth Fund, the Royal Clysperi Wealth Fund sees vast investments in infrastructure, energy production, mining, agriculture, forestry, shipbuilding, fishing, nuclear energy and, more recently, has explored investing in foreign stock markets as well as foreign infrastructure projects due to the eradication of slavery in the Kingdom of Clysperis along with other developments which have limited the threats of foreign retaliation in the form of seizure of Clysperi assets.

"The RCWF is a vehicle," Naser said as he sat down with our reporters, "a vehicle which carries the dreams and aspirations of the entirety of the Kingdom within it, and represents our capacity to effect positive change for Clysperis and the world around us. I am presently in talks with the Rokkenjimans to take advantage of their Atoms for Peace initiative to aid the Clysperi effort to transition away from petroleum-based economics toward a more environmentally sustainable path, and naturally I remain open to working with many nations to take advantage of the uranium deposits here in Clysperis to forward the global movement away from fossil fuels. We're aiming to bring three new nuclear plants online within the next two decades, plants which will be capable of providing nearly all of the energy required to power the Clysperi Kingdom. These plants will be owned by the Royal Clysperi Wealth Fund, with an understanding that profits from their operations will benefit the Clysperi People first and foremost. I am happy to enjoy the support of my wife in this decision, her mind has always been of a more political understanding than mine, so it will be refreshing to show my expertise in a field I have a vast understanding of."

It is also understood, in light of new reporting, that Naser has been successful in persuading Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re to take a much softer approach toward Royal Seleucid, represented in her invitation for King Heydar to see a prime opportunity upon the completion of the Great Cube. "It has long been the designs of Pharao...excuse me, Naser, in seeing a successful relationship between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid," a member of the Royal Clysperi Government shared with the CSMC on the condition of anonymity. "We've seen Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re mandate that an apology from the Seleucid would be required for any cooperation to happen; that she has dropped that requirement without reciprocation from the Selucid and has approached King Heydar warmly points to the success of his efforts. As the mastermind who saw the suspension of tariffs upon food imports in an effort to lower food prices during the Seleucid food crisis of 2019  he has long been a voice for reconciliation between Royal Seleucid and Clysperis and, depending on the response to the invitation of the Pharaoh, we may just see if the many years of his efforts will finally bear fruit. He may have won his wife over, King Heydar's is another heart to win over to the cause entirely."

This has been a CSMC exclusive.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2024, 09:35:55 PM »

Pharaoh Demands Independent Verification Of Elections In Kalasin

While the Pharaoh shared her trust in the Achkaerinese she stated that the elections being conducted solely under the authority of the Coalition "is an aspect of the elections which duly invites outside scrutiny of the entire process."

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has demanded that a "fully independent verification of elections in Kalasin be conducted sooner rather than later." While highlighting her trust in the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, the Pharaoh said that "the fact that the election was conducted under the sole authority of the Allied Provisional Authority is unusual and duly invites outside scrutiny regarding the results of the entire process. Imagine you're the Fusanese, you've won the war and now the future of the nation is in the hands of the voters. What if they return a result which is not beneficial to your goals moving forward? We already have a Fusanese military facility on the soil of Aranye; they've clearly an interest in maintaining a presence on our continent and what better way to do so than to also add a vassal state of the Fusanese Empire to their portfolio of Aranye assets?"

The Pharaoh continued, "I raise these concerns because we've seen foreign presences across Aranye long beyond their welcome had grown old. First the Rokkenjimans in Rishiri and, now, the Fusanese in Preoria and quite possibly Kalasin as well. I recognize the reasons for the war there, the pains of those attacked, however ensuring the right to self-determination of the Kalasinese is of great importance as well. Given the wrongs committed and the interests of the allied powers themselves one would think they would do all they could to divest themselves of any questions as to whether the elections were, truly, a fair and free representation of the will of the People of Kalasin. That this step has not been taken is disappointing, and a matter we'll be raising with our friends in Valtheim."

On what is to happen next the Pharaoh shrugged, "We'll be forced to treat the results with suspicion until an independent verification of the results is complete by a party not associated with the execution of the war. This means we will have to reserve our recognition of the new government, that trade deals between Clysperis and Kalasin will not be considered, and any Clysperi diplomats in Kalasin will be brought home until such a time we are confident that the elected government duly represents the interests of the People and not the interests of the Coalition. While we would normally raise this situation to a cross-Aranye association, as one does not at this time exist, we cannot do so and as such this is a situation which the Kingdom of Clysperis will be looking to rectify as swiftly as possible. I will urge the Allied Provisional Authority to cooperate and provide unfiltered data regarding the elections in Kalasin to all interested parties and further urge them to invite outside scrutiny of the elections to ensure that no maleficence is at play at any stage of the process. There is one chance at defusing scrutiny, I shall trust it shan't be wasted by any of the Allied parties."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2024, 07:47:21 PM »

Pharaoh Dispatches Aid To Kalasin, Pauses Diplomatic And Economic Measures

The Pharaoh added that the change in posture, which came after an exchange with the Empress of Rokkenjima, would not change the Clysperi position on the military presence in Kalasin.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has overseen some 50,000 tons released from the Clysperi Supplemental Reserve consisting of a variety of foodstuffs in addition to humanitarian supplies destined for Kalasin. In addition to the material aid a fuel tanker with 600,000 barrels of a variety of fuels along with approving a financial aid package of Đ750m. "I thought on the words of the young Empress and decided that supporting a fellow Midaranye state was a natural response; we Clysperi still bear the scars of the Soviet occupation and the acts of domestic terrorism live in more recent memory. I hope that the assistance we're dispatching helps the People of Kalasin recover from this dark chapter of history more quickly than we recovered from ours."

Addressing concerns from the Assembly of Nomes that the Pharaoh was back-tracking Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re reiterated that the aid operation did not repeal her concerns regarding a protracted foreign military presence in Kalasin. "It's a story as old as warfare itself," the Pharaoh shrugged, "one party is attacked, they retaliate, and the mission veers from its original intent or, in other cases, politicians back home find new manners in which to expand the scope of the operations to sustain them for just a bit longer. One need only look to Marseilles and the continued presence of Seaforthian forces how many years later? It is thus natural that the Kingdom shall,  and other Cotf Aranye nations should, expect that forces of the Coalition should remain not a moment longer than required. This would include training Kalasin forces to ensure they're capable of defending a legitimate government, whilst capable of eliminating forces which would threaten Kalasin domestically or nations abroad in the future. Foreign forces should not be present five, ten or twenty years from now, and as I've highlighted this situation showcases why Cotf Aranye needs a continental association so that we may look after our own, just as we've seen happen in Alba Karinya and Ardia."

RCN Horus and a task force will aid in the shipments from Clysperis to Kalasin.

The aid operation to Kalasin will also see the longest deployment in modern history of the Royal Clysperi Navy, with RCN Horus and her associated task force safeguarding Clysperi fuel and materials as they make their way to Kalasin. "While air routes will be used for portions of the aid portions of the aid, such as fuels, will be undertaken via the use of tanker ships. The RCN will escort this portion of the aid only to the extent of Kalasin's territorial waters, after which they shall escort the emptied tankers back to Clysperi waters," the Pharaoh explained. "As most of our commercial shipping is conducted within the Great Northern Sea and associated waters, and with incidents of piracy still in living memory, ensuring the successful delivery of aid is the highest priority of the Royal Clysperi Navy. The Kingdom looks forward to providing this aid as Kalasin regains its footing in the world."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2024, 09:09:46 PM »

Pharaoh Allows IRN Port Of Call To Setri

An Imperial Rokkenjiman Battleship will be in Setri over the coming days in a port of call.

As the Kingdom of Clysperis and the First Empire of Rokkenjima continue the path to normalized relations Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has accepted a port of call from two Rokkenjiman warships. IRN Edward Truden, an Obeisance Class battleship, will be joined by the Kashiwa Class destroyer Hinagiku in the City of Setri for the next two to four days. "It is my pleasure to extend the hospitality of the Kingdom of Clysperis to the sailors aboard these vessels, as well as an opportunity for them to better understand Clysperi culture and that, at the end of the day, we both are ancient civilizations who do not have cause for quarrel between our peoples. It is my hope that these Rokkenjimans will see the Great Pyramids of Nafu, for which I've arranged transportation should they request it, as well as arranging for a full traditional Clysperi dinner for all prepared by my personal chef for their enjoyment. I'll also be on hand in Setri for those who wish for some brief talks during their time in Clysperis."

The Pharaoh shared her interest in Edward Truden, stating "if we had a ship such as that, the Soviets would have never subdued the sovereign spirit of Clysperis as they managed to do so. I am happy that the IRN has granted my request for a short tour of the battle ship, and I look forward to meeting the sailors who serve aboard her. I also hope that this marks an initial step between Clysperis and Rokkenjima, that we may restore full diplomatic relations and see for our Peoples a path forward lined in trust and friendship. We do not have to be foes, and as I welcome your sailors into my harbours, I promise to protect them as fiercely as I would those of my own. May they enjoy themselves and take some knowledge home at the same time."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2024, 09:28:45 PM »

Pharaoh Announces Ambitious Reintroduction Program

The Clysperi Lion, which used to have a natural range which spanned from Abydos to Clysperis in the wild, has survived only in Clysperi zoos for the past 60 years.

The Clysperi Lion used to be found in great numbers in Northern Cotf Aranye, stretching from Abydos in the west to Clysperis in the east. This subspecies of lion was well known in antiquity, where it was used in amphitheaters in the Ardian Empire, far removed from its native range, mostly being killed for sport. It was then hunted to extinction in the wild in the mid 20th century, existing today as a population of around 100 individuals in zoos located throughout the Clysperi Kingdom. Working with the Royal Interior Ministry, Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has embarked upon a program to see their successful reintroduction into the wild.

"Their path to extinction in the wild greatly accellerated under the Soviet regime," the Pharaoh shared with CMSC, "with the bastards of Stalin hunting them for bragging rights with their comrades. However, their drive to see the Clysperi Lion become a memory of a bygone era failed and, today, at least 100 of these majestic animals survive under the watchful care of Clysperi zoologists who have been working with Khemnen Palace to see the restoration of a wild population. "We have been increasingly removing them from close human interaction," the Pharaoh said of the last purebred Clysperi lions, "up to the point were a wildlife refuge is seeing the first generation which we are hopeful will succeed in an even less regulated environment. There are great tracts of land in the Southern Lands where they once roamed wild which we are initially eyeing for their reintroduction to a life without human guidance and, from the data I've received, the project looks most hopeful," she continued.

While concerns had previously been held recent Clysperi laws enacted at the behest of the Pharaoh have made any hunting of the Clysperi Lion an act punishable by execution, while cooperation has been secured with land owners in the Southern Lands to ensure "co-existence is possible" as the Clysperi Lion is allowed to extend its habitat from established refuges. "We're taking this process in a series of steps," the Pharaoh added, "steps which we feel will ensure that this venture is successful. As we proceed, future generations of Clysperi will be able to once again see the Clysperi Lion roam proud and free, and while the steps we're taking today may be nascent, they are truly awe-inspiring as an action of a government to correct the wrongful interference of human activity upon the processes of nature."

Beatrice Anselmo