Author Topic: First Summit of the Cross-Straits Community  (Read 7945 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: First Summit of the Cross-Straits Community
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »
Peter looked around "I would like to invite my defence advisor to present the Achkaerinese report." he said motioning his defence advisor, good friend and for a few years his dependable second in command Celine Tyler to come over from where she'd been sitting in a cluster of other Achkaerinese experts that Peter had brought along.

"Overall the Achkaerinese military doctrine remains the same, a sharp and versatile scalpel, capable of high mobility and rapid deployment anywhere on Mundus when a crisis arises and a strong shield to protect Achkaerinese citizens when the threat is directed at us. Beginning first with expected developments including what has been nicknamed the 2023 plan, the decision of the people of Awhaele to join Achkaerin means that there will be by absorption of Awhaele's defence force a new Achkaerinese regiment which will be named the Awhaele Lifeguards Regiment. Further land army developments are concerned with the continuation of Achkaerin's development of less lethal weaponry and improvements on existing equipment, we also have undergoing a little bit of experimental testing the Titan, though people should be aware that the Titan is not envisioned for military service any time soon. Turning to the Navy, the Specula class is scheduled to enter service in late 2021 with the last planned ship entering service in mid 2022, it possesses extensive defensive capabilities. The Elder class, the planned successor to the Tisiphone class continues to be developed and finally on the naval front the Phoenix project is on schedule for testing in we believe March 2021. As far as the Air Force goes, the new Harpy is now in development this will be a defensive focused aircraft intended for a very select mission brief, the introduction of the Patronus Drone allows the Air Force a greater ability to act by providing an asset that is launch capable from an aircraft hardpoint, recoverable in the air and relaunchable, it can also be modified to undertake a wide range of missions, finally on the Air Force front the Kestrel is to be removed from service this year and replaced with a new aircraft that will be known as the Swift. And that versatility is seen throughout the Achkaerinese military, two final development points Achkaerin's planned Dolphin network is due to be finalised in a few weeks time and we expect to be testing the Sienov mark II missile in the summer of 2021." Celine said pausing before continuing

"Turning to ongoing deployments of Achkaerinese forces, at present military peacekeeping operations continue in Phuebra and Clysperis, humanitarian operations involving Achkaerinese troops are underway in Merina and Izhitsa. Counter terrorism operations targeting the Borlander Separatists continue out of Camp Maelstrom in Vaguzia though these have expanded a little to include the WMRA as the group is active in that area. On a final note the process of Achkaerin's nuclear disarmament is on schedule and we expect completion of that process around June 2021."

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 04:31:07 AM »
OOC: I am writing under the assumption that this summit is not taking place under the eye of television cameras, reporters, and the like.  If it is, those parts which Thatcher asks to have remain off the record will be regarded as not having been said.  I am also assuming that the summit is timelocked to November 23, 2020, as that is the date on the first post; anything listed as scheduled to happen between then and the present can be assumed to have occurred as stated.

Thatcher shuffled through the papers she had brought with her until she found the one she sought.  "According to the writeup I brought with me," she said, "And, of course, every military briefing I've ever attended, the Tytorian Royal Armed Services remain in peak condition, ready for any direct contemporary threat.  The Tytorian Royal Army, for instance, is at the same level of preparedness as ever.  The Royal Army presently has a limited number of troops in Merina serving as Council of Albion-sanctioned peacekeepers and observers within the developing peace process there.  A few elements of the Tytorian Royal Marine Corps are there as well, mainly serving as part of the security details of Council inspection teams in Merina's ports.

"Similarly, the Tytorian Royal Air Force is at the top of its game as well.  There is talk within the Ministry of the Air Force about resuming the acquisition of the Tri-Star AS-60 Raven, with the goal of eventually phasing out the older AS-51.  Air Marshal Sir Thomas Grant, the Royal Air Force's commanding officer, is adamant that this is necessary to fully bring Tytorian air power out of the 20th century and into the 21st, but a decision has not yet been made in that regard.  I would also like to give you all advance notice, and I expect this to remain off the record, of a coming project to develop a new strategic bomber (OOC: either this or this; I haven't decided) to succeed the aging SB-82; this will be announced sometime later this year, but we do not expect to bring the first into service until 2022 at the earliest.

"Finally, and this can now be on the record, the Tytorian Royal Navy is, as you are undoubtedly aware, in the process of modernizing its submarine force.  The Royal Navy plans to commission the first two members of the Remembrance class of attack submarine in a joint ceremony on December 28th of this year, with the remaining three boats under construction to be commissioned starting in mid-February, 2021.  The Admiralty is considering proposals for additional Remembrance-class boats to replace other older submarines in the fleet, a second Monarch-class aircraft carrier, and perhaps a new class of frigates or destroyers; none of these ideas are classified as of now, but as none has been adopted, this does not constitute a formal announcement.

"Beyond the peacekeeping deployment in Merina, Tytor is engaged in no military operations of significance at present.  Each branch of the Armed Services is engaged in standard procedures devoted to Tytorian national security.  I have intentionally not touched on the strategic deterrence aspects of the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy, as I do not feel that this is the time or place for it; I will, however, gladly instruct the Armed Services to provide details of such to the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization if its members desire my government to do so."
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »
OOC - As far as I'm concerned there are no camera's anywhere near the room where the talking is going, I'm also operating on the basis of the timelock being in effect and for the purposes of this post as I'm moving the business along I am assuming that the two remaining CSTO members at the time this is set - Dartfordia and Novincia have also presented their reports.

Lìosa looked down at her agenda as the last of the reports finished, there was method in this as they were in what was to some extent the 'CSTO area' of the agenda and with what might be discussed it was helpful to know what was on the board so to speak. "We now come to the section of our agenda where we have several topics listed for discussion, these pertain to ongoing crises of varying types and stages. Some of them broad, some of them narrow. I therefore suspect that some discussions will be more detailed and time consuming than others however we should treat all the topics with due consideration. The first subject for discussion is perhaps the most concerning issue in Mundus today, slavery I understand there is some sort of formulated idea on how to address this situation which I'm sure we'll here in the next few minutes, the floor is open for contributions to the discussion."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 09:22:37 PM »
Peter looked around.

"I think we all agree that slavery is nothing less than an abomination that should have stayed firmly in centuries past, it is something that has no place on Mundus today. I want to be very clear that the overwhelming majority of nations on Mundus appear to view the practice of slavery in a dim light and that is something to be commended, however of concern is the practice of nations and bodies within nations trading on the principle that is simple this No one shall be held in slavery or servitude, not everyone here has signed the MCUR but this is a principle I hope we all agree with. This body the CSC is a combination of the membership of the CSU and the CSTO it is a forum where we bring matters that require an approach across both bodies. As such I propose the following resolution:"

Quote from: CSC Slavery Resolution

1) Members of the CSC agree that all businesses in their nation must meet criteria equivalent to a Silver grade Freestone Mark - this being that none of the employee's are slaves and that the business uses no components or raw materials that involve slaves.

2) Members of the CSC agree that businesses operating on their soil must not aid and abet slavery.

3) Members agree that a business violating articles 1 or 2 of this resolution will face repercussions up to and including the revocation of their license to trade on the members soil whether that be individually or collectively.

4) The CSC delegates to the CSTO any decisions in respect of military operations and this matter.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2021, 11:11:42 PM »
When his Achkaerinese counterpart had finished speaking, and indeed after he had reviewed the proposal he had offered up in doing so, Arkan would take a moment to think before giving a statement on the matter. He had, for many years, been a vocal advocate for the abolition of Slavery Mundus-wide, or at least in Ikhan's portion of the movement. Nonetheless, this was a matter that was of grave importance to him, and he wasn't going to be silent on the matter.
   “I could not agree any more with my counterpart in Achkaerin, after all what speaks is the truth. The continued practice of Slavery, a practice which our forebears fought to eliminate with all their strength, is... repulsive in the eyes of our people. As it stands, we welcome all who have fled from that life, whether it be as slaves in Tamora or serfs in Lijiang, as well as the families of those who fled, for they have set aside everything else in their old lives for their freedom and that of their children. So of course, I will gladly support the resolution which has been proposed, and I call upon the rest of those assembled here to join in supporting it." He said, after which he would go silent once more, remaining seated as he waited for the other delegates to speak.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 05:33:18 AM »
"The Kingdom of Tytor would be more comfortable with a slight edit to the first article," Thatcher said, "As my government does not explicitly require the Freestone Mark in our anti-slavery policies, but rather accepts it as a particular valid way of showing adherence to those policies, I think perhaps it would be better to remove the specific reference to the Freestone Mark in this document, or at least to rearrange the article so that the Freestone Mark is simply given as an example of following the requirements set out here.  Beyond that, of course, I will be more than happy to bring my government into alignment with this proposal."
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 02:09:02 PM »
"I believe a rearrangement of the article to the following might be reasonable." Peter said

1) Members of the CSC agree that all businesses in their nation must not employ slaves or use components or raw materials that involve slaves. This shall be proven by one of the following:

a) Attainment of a Silver grade Freestone Mark, or;
b) National equivalent of the Freestone Mark system, or;
b) Annual verification carried out by local authority inspection.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:43 PM »
"Lakhzovia is happy with the proposal as amended. It has long been our view that slavery is a stain on humanity and that it is incumbent upon us to do all within our power to bring about its demise. While we have had some historical disagreements with other members on the best method to achieving this end, we fully agree with the principle of forbidding our companies from direct profit from slavery. We feel that the proposal in its current form will allow us to pursue our own policy of using positive economic incentives to challenge the institution of slavery in Midaranye."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2021, 11:26:11 PM »
OOC - in an attempt to move this on a little I'm going to put the amended version up for a vote.

"I believe we have an amended text." Liosa said "Does the membership support this?"

1) Members of the CSC agree that all businesses in their nation must not employ slaves or use components or raw materials that involve slaves. This shall be proven by one of the following:

a) Attainment of a Silver grade Freestone Mark, or;
b) National equivalent of the Freestone Mark system, or;
b) Annual verification carried out by local authority inspection.

2) Members of the CSC agree that businesses operating on their soil must not aid and abet slavery.

3) Members agree that a business violating articles 1 or 2 of this resolution will face repercussions up to and including the revocation of their license to trade on the members soil whether that be individually or collectively.

4) The CSC delegates to the CSTO any decisions in respect of military operations and this matter.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2021, 11:28:25 PM »
"The Empire of Ikhan finds the provisions brought forwards to be satisfactory." Arkan said, in effect casting his vote in favor of it.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2021, 01:06:45 AM »
"The Kingdom of Tytor is also in favor of this revision," Thatcher said approvingly.

(Obligatory OOC note: Novincia will be supporting this measure as written as well.)

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2021, 09:21:42 AM »
Lakhzovia votes in favour.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2021, 09:59:57 PM »
Achkaerin votes in favour.

OOC - that's a majority (5/8) so I'm going to give it 24 hours for the outstanding votes and then move on.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
"With the passage of the resolution we come to our next item on the agenda." Liosa said "The situation in Merina, a situation that has the attention of this community for possibly different reasons. Who would like to open the discussion?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2021, 02:29:32 AM »
"The situation in Merina is one which the First Empire has watched with concern. Rokkenjima has made clear that it will stand ready to assist while trusting the path put forward by our Tytorian allies and their partners in Albion. I'll reserve our comments on the matter until the Kingdom, which has more hands-on experience, has remarked."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2021, 05:40:06 AM »
As they awaited a briefing from the Tytorian point of view Evanthe reviewed her notes, showing them to Peter every so often.

"We've still the Joint Military Facilities to figure, though I'm confident that we're likely aligned on how that will move forward," she said. "In addition, expanding the radar capacity of ICON which should benefit SCION by extension, I've a few sites in mind that will be proposed to Tytor and Arashkai. Then we've the matter of the Mundus Development Bank, which I feel could be brought under the wing of the Community, so to speak. Could be useful as a carrot to counter some of the money we've seen flowing out of places like Tamora. Lodja is bound to come up, and then there's that old Warsaw space station we've been keeping in orbit...." she continued to muse aloud.

"What do your notes look like?" she said, casting a curious glance to the Emperor.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
OOC - If we're intending on continuing this (given that a fair amount of the agenda is no longer relevant) I'm going to suggest the following as the agenda moving to the end of this.

1) Repurposing of Joint Protectorate Sphere

2) Proposal of Kyne Defence Network (working title will have a better name when we get there)

3) Creation of Cross Straits Space Agency and formailisation of Cross Straits Intelligence Agreement

4) Mundus Development Bank discussion.

Also as Merina has gone somewhat quiet I'm proposing the following as a resolution to conclude that item so we can move on:

Quote from: CSC Merina Resolution

1) The CSC supports the position and efforts of the Council of Albion in regards to Merina and offers all available support as needed.

2) The CSC condemns the use of chemical weapons and other atrocities that have taken place in Merina during the conflict.

3) The CSC supports the continued humanitarian aid efforts in Merina

4) The CSC delegates to the CSTO any decisions requiring military force in regards to this matter.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2021, 11:32:18 PM »
I support the Merina Resolution and, should we all be in agreement, I propose we move straight to the JPS Discussion.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2021, 11:41:27 PM »
Lakhzovia is in support

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2021, 11:53:01 PM »
The Empire of Arashkai is in support of the Merina resolution.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 05:56:51 AM »
The Kingdom of Tytor supports the Merina resolution and seconds the Rokkenjiman proposal to move on to the Joint Protectorate Sphere.

(OOC note: For what it's worth, Novincia is in support as well.)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2021, 04:49:08 PM »
"The resolution on the Merina situation passes." Liosa said "With a proposer and a seconder we now move to the business in regards to the Joint Protectorate Sphere and I turn the floor over to Commodore Hastings."

Commodore David Hastings had been the Commissioner of Defence for the Cross Straits Union, a rather interesting title considering the nature of the Union in comparison to the CSTO. He looked around the table before speaking. "The Joint Protectorate Sphere historically speaking was a method under which the CSTO extended article five of its charter, that being the defence clause, to non member states, a tool used primarily to counter WARSAW aggression. The proposition today is to formalize it as it used to be and incorporate the non CSTO members of the CSC into it so at this point that would be Lakhzovia, I submit the following proposal."

Quote from: Joint Protectorate Sphere Proposal

1) The Joint Protectorate Sphere shall be re-established. It shall be a registry of states who upon the request or consent of their Government and the agreement of the CSTO are placed within the principle boundaries of article five of the CSTO charter.

2) The offer of membership in the Joint Protectorate Sphere shall be extended to members of the CSC who are not members of the CSTO upon their joining the Community.

3) Subject to the passage of this proposal and the agreement of the parties concerned Lakhzovia to be added to the Joint Protectorate Sphere Registry. (Note - this section only comes in if Lakhzovia says yes they want it to happen otherwise only the first two sections will be in effect)

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2021, 10:46:18 PM »
Lakhzovia has no objections

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2021, 10:59:26 PM »
"The Empire of Arashkai is has no objections the proposal at hand."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2021, 03:01:56 AM »
"The First Empire has no objections."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2021, 04:19:57 AM »
"The Kingdom of Tytor is concerned that the proposal as written might be interpreted to require the Joint Protectorate Sphere's members to be members of the Cross-Straits Union, but otherwise has no objection."

(OOC: No objection from Novincia either.)