Author Topic: 1st International Atomic Security Conference  (Read 2057 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
1st International Atomic Security Conference
« on: April 27, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
Dear Reader

It has been a difficult few days as I have been given the reigns of the Mundus Atomic Energy Agency. A few years ago we stood at a point in time where three nations held a metaphorical sledgehammer over Mundus, the ability to destroy whole cities in one single act of god-like violence. Thankfully through a combination of reforms, talks, international incidents and changes in technology we sit at a point where nuclear weapons are consigned to the pages of History. We have however seen cases where terrorists have not ruled out use of nuclear waste to wage their own acts of inhumanity and so we must be prepared to tackle such cases.

Security of atomic material also has a second concern. By ill-managed and ill-maintained procedures and equipment the use of such material can provide a risk to health and the environment. Even the improper care of things such as medical equipment like X-Ray machines can cause problems if not utilised correctly.

It is therefore my desire as MAEA President to oversee a conference in which MAEA members are able to put in place steps to achieve two aims. The first is ensure their own atomic security and the second is to put in place steps to help nations on the path to utilise atomic material to do so safely and securely. I therefore invite ALL NATIONS regardless of membership to the MAEA HQ in Rokkenjima to discuss the following.

1) Creation of a global response to atomic terrorism
2) Creation of an institute designed to help teach best practice
3) Creation of an accredited network of mentors.

It is our hope such actions will allow nations across Mundus to come together in the spirit of peace intended by the MAEA initially.

Dr. Ulf Gren
President of the MAEA

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: 1st International Atomic Security Conference
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 07:41:29 AM »
The Kingdom of Tytor
Official Communique
Prime Minister's Office

Dr. Gren,

I wish to preface this communication with an acknowledgement of the high respect in which I hold the Mundus Atomic Energy Agency.  It is not every day that you see an international organization with sufficient clout to calm the fears of any nation which might find itself tempted by the prospect of nuclear weapons capability, but I believe the MAEA has the potential to be exactly that organization.  Past events, as I am sure you are aware, have conspired against the possibility of Tytorian accession to the MAEA, at least for the foreseeable future, but that does not change this body's importance, nor my own government's commitment to its ideals.  Therefore, it is my intention to assemble a delegation to attend this conference; as I myself will be unable to attend in person due to prior commitments placing themselves in the way, Deputy Prime Minister Benjamin Morales will take my place at the head of the delegation.  He has asked me to relay his enthusiasm in anticipation of the meeting, as well as his hopes that it will prove to be a successful one.

Sincerely,

-Madeline Thatcher
Prime Minister
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
It is my intention to have a delegation from our nation attend. More details shall follow.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 02:44:15 PM »

We confirm that Federal Union of Jugland will be likely interested a delegation to the conference.

Signed: Department of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Federal Union of Jugland.