Author Topic: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter  (Read 6523 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2022, 12:11:42 AM »
Akasha handed the Emperor a picture. "It's a concept image, but it's happening, the Ramses V Obelisk. A kilometer of reverence to the past just as much as it is toward looking to the future."

Seti nodded, "The pleasure is mine," he replied. "I understand there are some questions you're looking to answer about the TIB, questions I would be willing to help you answer. Given that going on the record in such a manner will have certain implications, such as to my security for example, I need to know that there are plans already being worked on to address those concerns. These are ventures which have been most successful for the TIB, any damage to them or Tamoran interests will not be looked kindly upon by Djerb."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2022, 12:50:47 AM »
"Where the old meets the new." Peter said looking at the picture taking a breath as he appeared to weigh an idea up in his head "Would you be open to my purchasing of the top three floors of it? On condition of anonymity of course."

"I appreciate your concerns and there are steps in place to address them. I do suspect that Djerb are aware of the circumstance and the implication already, if they're not then we give them far too much credit." Elecktra said "I'm presently representing a woman from Safraen, Miss Klinovic, she was until a year ago an employee of Orl Bank when she suffered an accident at work as a result of employer negligence, so she's instructed my firm to sue her employer. As you will hopefully be aware because it was visibly published in the Tamoran media, a certain subsidiary based in Elysium, bought Orl bank, so I would at this point be suing the subsidiary as they own the bank, however I don't want to do that. This subsidiary is believed to be owned by TIB, Heyran authorities have never been eager to lift up their veil of secrecy, this is where you come in - I need you to testify in court at pre-trial that TIB owns that subsidiary.  Doing so means that I can track it all the way to TIB and actually sue them for the damages directly rather than allow this veil of secrecy to become a shield. Help me pierce that veil?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2022, 01:45:56 AM »
"Precisely," Akasha replied with a smile. "As for the top three floors, I shall speak to the SDA and inform them that I've an anonymous buyer. Officially the floors shall be listed as "at the Pharaoh's prerogative" ensuring a most iron clad air of anonymity."

"Very well," Seti said after a moment, "I will do what I am able to assist. I've always believed in maintaining a history of my work and have extensive notes of my time at the Tamora Central Bank, amongst those memos regarding my interactions within the Bank which may be of some interest to your case. Aside from those notes and memos I would be willing to testify, and trust that our collaboration shall be in the interests of the furtherance of justice."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2022, 07:30:15 PM »
"Thank you." Elecktra said smiling, then with a nod to Sakura she walked away she had what she needed and maybe just maybe the end was getting closer.

While Peter and Akasha had been conversing Sienna had been stood in the centre of what was probably best described as a huddle of Achkaerinese people as she wrote up everything that had been discussed and agreed to, having each detail checked and then double checked, she was fairly certain that she was going to need coffee and chocolate when this was over. Once the various legal eagles who were present had all given the final nod she walked over to Peter and Akasha "Your Majesties." she said "This is the text of what you've agreed." she handed it to Akasha "We have attached a copy of the military equipment proposition to the back for reference purposes unless you wish to make any changes in that regard, and there are a few safeguards in light of the whole slavery and indentured servitude issue which we're sure will crop up at some point."

Spoiler: show
Treaty of Friendship Between the Holy Empire of Achkaerin and the Kingdom of Clysperis

Recognizing the nature of the relationship between the Holy Empire of Achkaerin and the Kingdom of Clysperis has evolved significantly in recent times.

Desiring to see this evolution continue into a firm friendship

Committed to maintaining areas of co-operation between the two nations.

The two nations hereby agree to abide by the Treaty of friendship outlined below.

ARTICLE 1 - DIPLOMATIC STATUS

1.1 - The two nations agree to maintain active embassies between their two nations.

1.2 - A nations ambassador shall present themselves within 24 hours of being summoned.

1.3 - The two nations agree to attempt to resolve any disagreement between them through open dialogue.

1.4 - Should open dialogue fail to find a solution the two nations agree to pursue third party mediation using a jointly agreed person as mediator.

ARTICLE 2- MILITARY STATUS

2.1 - The two nations agree to inform each other of any military operations in advance of any public notification

2.2 - The Achkaerinese military shall oversee a training program for the Clysperi military, an annual report shall be produced and made available to the Clysperi government.

2.3 - Achkaerin shall provide its Cerberus Missile Defence System for use in Clysperis, the system shall be operated by Achkaerinese personnel. Cerberus cover shall be provided until the Clysperi Government request its removal or article 2.4 is triggered.

2.4 - Articles 2.2 and 2.3 shall only be instituted upon Clysperis's removal of slavery from the statute book where it must never return to, the abolition of indentured servitude which must not be reintroduced, and only while Clysperis's military acts in compliance with the Uppsala Convention. If this article is violated the provision may be suspended.

ARTICLE 3- ECONOMIC STATUS

3.1 - There will be no tariffs on goods transported between the two nations.

3.2 - Clysperi companies transporting to Achkaerin shall provide a list of goods being exported to the Achkaerin Board of Trade.

3.3 - The two nations agree to define travel into three purposes;
i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

(a). Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which both nations shall accept.

(b) Business travel may be visa free if the traveler possesses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed with the consent of the host country.

(c) Tourist travel may take place on a Tourist Visa. This will be granted by the home nation so long as the traveler has no criminal record. The Visa will last 60 days and be valid so far as the host nations border posts believe the following conditions are meet, the traveler has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to nation security.

(d). Students will not require a visa to study in the other nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security. Any Clysperi students residing in Achkaerin are restricted to a maximum of 15 hours paid employment a week.

3.4 - Clysperi companies relocating to, expanding to or incorporating in Achkaerin will be expected to abide by the terms of the Trading Regulations (Freestone Mark) Act (2018)

3.5 - Achkaerinese companies operating in Clysperis shall pay a business tax equivalent to 50% of the norm in exchange for drawing a minimum of 80% of their in country workforce from those released from indentured servitude and sourcing materials used in their work from within Clysperis as far as it is possible for them to do so.

3.6 - The Clysperi Shat shall be pegged to the Achkaerinese Iso.

3.5 - Articles 3.1, 3.3, 3.5 and 3.6 shall only be instituted upon Clysperis's removal of slavery from the statute book where it must never return to and the abolition of indentured servitude which must not be reintroduced. If this article is violated the provision may be suspended.

ARTICLE 4- EDUCATION STATUS

4.1 - The two nations shall join in a twinning program between their schools, colleges and universities, this program shall include shared events and exchanges.

4.2 - The two nations shall meet annually to discuss best education practice.

4.3 - Achkaerinese universities shall offer a special scholarship to former slaves and indentured servants.

4.4 - Articles 4.1 and 4.2 shall only be instituted upon Clysperis's removal of slavery from the statute book where it must never return to and the abolition of indentured servitude which must not be reintroduced. If this article is violated the provision may be suspended.

ARTICLE 5- SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS

5.1 - Clysperis shall permit the creation of an office responsible for monitoring the state and legacy of slavery and indentured servitude within Clysperis, the office holder shall submit an annual report to the Freestone Abolitionist Society. The first office holder must be appointed no later than March 1st 2022 and the Office shall exist for a minimum of ten years. The Clysperi Government may not remove the office holder from their position and at no point may the office holder be Clysperi or Achkaerinese.

5.2 - The Achkaerin Rifling Company (ARC), McKinlay Naval Solutions (MKNS) and Achkaerin Aeronautical Development Company (AADC) shall deliver equipment to the Clysperi military. Each delivery of such equipment shall be subject to a positive report by the office holder identified in article 5.1.

5.3 - Clysperis shall permit Achkaerinese scientists access to Nemphis Nuclear station, for the purposes of assessment and safe demolition. Achkaerinese military personnel shall in exchange provide a security presence on site.

5.4 - Article 5.2 shall only be instituted upon Clysperis's removal of slavery from the statute book where it must never return to, the abolition of indentured servitude which must not be reintroduced, and only while Clysperis's military acts in compliance with the Uppsala Convention. If this article is violated the provision may be suspended and contracts cancelled.

ARTICLE 6- MISCELLANEOUS

6.1 - The terms of this treaty shall enter into force upon the signature and ratification processes of the two nations

6.2 - Any changes to this treaty must be agreed by both nations and ratified.

6.3 - Violation of the terms of this treaty shall be considered grounds for a nation to withdraw from it.

SIGNATURES

_________ on behalf of The Holy Empire of Achkaerin
_________ on behalf of The Kingdom of Clysperis

Signed: DATE

"I know it's a little wordy." Sienna continued "But this gives you what you want and allows us to say that we're giving you a chance but that we are going to hold your feet to the fire." she looked at Peter "An interesting name for a city isn't it?"
"I was saving that for the inevitable press conference but yes it is." Peter said with the slightest of chuckles he looked at Akasha as she read through what Sienna had handed her "Out of interest was it you or your father who came up with the name Setri?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2022, 08:49:18 AM »
Akasha read the document before her and considered Sienna's words. "Setri was mentioned by my father at times, and it seemed natural," she replied. "It is a fine treaty, the terms and conditions are warranted, and it is fair in all respects," she continued, producing a pen and handing it to the Emperor. "Let us walk into the future together and consign the past to where it belongs, yes?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »
"Somewhere up there your father is smiling and probably just punched the air." Peter said with a smile as he twirled the pen in his hand before putting his signature on it. Handing the pen back to Akasha he took a breath "Your turn. We've talked a lot about the future and the safeguards we've included in this are intended to secure it, but look to the past as well and consider what you want to do to challenge the shadow you're walking away from."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2022, 06:12:50 AM »
"He's certainly looking down with the smile of a proud father," she said as she took the pen and signed the treaty. "The past is set in stone, unmovable and unchangeable, but the future is our to mold and changes its course; why, even the mighty Ḥ'pī follows a new course. I am pleased to formally recognize the friendship between the Holy Empire of Achkaerin and the Kingdom of Clysperis and hope that our successors will share that pleasure for generations to come."

Beatrice Anselmo