Author Topic: The Great MICA Sort Out  (Read 6894 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
The Great MICA Sort Out
« on: February 13, 2022, 08:23:31 PM »
OOC- Over the past six months or so we've a bit of a mix up with people starting meetings with regard eventually joining MICA or even the eligiblity of joining. As such I think it important that we get everything sorted so consider this the IC attempt at sorting out the OOC mess time has created.

Campford was perhaps a strange place to hold an international conference but it was a place David enjoyed visiting. He had selected the venue as much to allow him to visit the castles as anything else but he felt it also important that Northfort was not always the place of importance in East Moreland. The choice of venue then would show Morelanders the King saw all cities, towns and villages, as important. The sturdy white walled Guild Hall would play host, just twenty meters away from the river Ost. It would be this river that would see his guests cruise the 25km or so upstream from Northfort passing through small farming towns and green woodland just returning to life. David waited down at the small floating quay that had been set up to allow the Royal East Moreland Naval Service to dock the seldom used River Catamarans. The King was stood chatting with Prime Minister Henrietta Quinn and his cousin Duchess Orlaith Kade who was serving as Foreign Minister when the first guests arrived.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: The Great MICA Sort Out
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 05:37:03 PM »
It had been a good while since Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles had visited the Holy Land. Despite the visit taking place outside Northfort the Grand Duke had arrived the night before and spent time praying at the Temple of Helus and then enjoying a bite to eat in one of Northfort's upmarket eateries. It had been a good chance for him to catch up with some friends within the East Moreland government and colleagues from back home currently basing themselves in East Moreland. The trip in the morning therefore was one he could enjoy as he sailed down the River Ost without much to worry about. He knew the King had been meeting with Altona and Eskdale, probably laying foundations for the meeting, but there were a few matters that would be delicate he believed during the talks.

Having docked at Campford the Grand Duke was slightly taken aback by the lack of grandeur for the occasion but having greeted Therz and Anginer he bowed respectefully to King David. "Your Majesty a pleasure to meet you again. I trust the family are well?" he enquired before waiting for everyone else.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »
Just like other times this year, Prince-Regent Vincenzo was too busy with spending his money on useless luxurious stuff and countless women, so the Vaguzian government was relieved when they heard he was sending his 25 year old cousin Prince Giuseppe who had just finished his study Political Science at the Royal Merriman  university in East Moreland, so he was familiar with the country and also was a fluent Morelandish speaker, so Vincenzo saw this as the perfect opportunity to give him some experience in the field.

Before the meeting Giuseppe had enjoyed himself a good coffee as he enjoyed the beautiful sight at the lake, Vaguzians are proud people, but they are always impressed by the incredible landscape of East Moreland, a landscape which had proven to be an impossible barrier to break by Vaguzian forces in history.

As Giuseppe and his team walked up the hill towards the meeting he saw that  he was one of the last to arrive at the meeting, as he already spotted the Bakkermayan and Heyran delegation in conversation with King David, he walked towards the group and introduced himself "Your majesty, your Highness, Your excellency, it's truly an honour to meet you, i am Prince Giuseppe, and i shall be representing the Vaguzian delegation, because unfortunately Prince-Regent Vincenzo was busy with erm... Other things"

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Altona
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 05:45:58 PM »
King Rutger was still unsure over MICA. He had spent several hours studying the charter and there were parts he liked but then again it was full of issues. The concept was something he knew the people back home would approve of though and with his reign still in its infancy there would be need to bring back something from this meeting. He had decieded to bring his elder brother Lukas with him and the pair had a trip to Portworth planned after the meeting had finished to check out the dockyards there as part of a wider idea the King had. The duo arrived first in Northfort and were slightly disappointed to have missed getting a boat with either Grand Duke Hugo or Prince Giuseppe.

"Good morning gentleman, Your Majesty, Your Graces." he did the rounds offering a hand to each person and then introduced his brother. "I look forward to getting to see whether we can work out something for our membership." he added.

Offline Jargalant (FKA Eskdale)

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Eskdale
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »
When three Kingdoms had such a complex arrangement as Eskdale there was bound to be some confusion. Royal Overseer Stanley Keynes had the unenviable job of trying to keep three monarchs, two Kings and a Queen, in check and Gods forbid if someone messed up the formalities. This had been made even worse when King Henry III of Papcastle had made a decision to fly to East Moreland on his own privately hired plane. This lead to concern from King Robert and Queen Diane that the King of Papcastle would make his way to Campford ahead of them. Henry had told Keynes that he would meet them at the riverside and now as he and Robert and Diane waited the two other monarchs were concerned he would have been onboard with the others ahead of them. This even saw Diane began discussing with a helicopter charter company on her phone while Keynes did his best to work out what was happening. Almost casually Henry strolled up 30 minutes late and despite the frustration of Robert and Diane didn't seem to have a care in the world. He had been enjoying an exceptional breakfast in a restaurant with an old friend before making his way to the pick up. The voyage down the river was spent largely in silence between the four of them with Keynes doing his best to play mediator as usual. When they reached Campford the Royal Overseer blocked the exit to the boat to speak with them in a manner a teacher might before letting excited school children off a bus for a trip.

"It is clear what happens. I've told you and do not embarass the United Kingdom." he warned in a stern voice. Robert and Henry kept stoney faced while Diane simply smiled and gave a fake salute to show she understood.

As expected Stanley greeted the gathering group first and then the monarchs in order of age, Henry, then Diane, then Robert. "Excellent to see you again King David and congratulations on the birth of Prince Llewellyn. We are hopeful our discussion in Eskdale can come to fruition today."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 10:04:42 PM »
This was Queen Siora Qivalur's second trip abroad since taking the throne and also her second trip to East Moreland, which showed the high level of priority that was being put on making things work between the island of Awhaele, though more importantly her people, and the world around them. She had her doubts that even the most likely of outcomes to that question would be easily reached, still she was there to observe and listen and make friends, even if she was likely going to be the youngest person present, she wasn't coming into this unprepared she was the type of girl who in high school had  done her homework as soon as she had the chance and had usually done a lot more than was necessary while she was at it. Accompanying Siora was the First Minister of Awhaele Vivian Tasis, who was much more experienced politically speaking, this difference was borne out more in their choice of clothes, Siora in black jeans, a dark blue t-shirt and a white wooly jumper while Vivian wore a business suit. Sailing down the river was a pleasant experience and reminded the young Queen of her coronation, sailing down the from Mount Rao to Cyalona, wasn't something she'd ever forget though that journey had taken three days compared to this. Just after the pair stepped out of the boat and onto the dockside Vivian briefly held the Queen back pointing out who the various people were, in truth Siora had true to form done her homework so she was across this but allowed Vivian to go a little mother hen like for a moment. 

Waiting until King David wasn't occupied the pair stepped forwards. "Your Majesty I thank you again for the opportunity to be here." Siora said giving a respectful nod "May I introduce the First Minister of Awhaele Vivian Tasis."
"Your Majesty." Vivian said.

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 08:23:20 PM »
With some protest at home the two monarchs determined that only one monarch must go to the meeting. With King Jonas having control of the military if escalation occured then he would need to step in quickly. Queen Karin then would attend and speak for the Diarchy. Her journey was shorter and as such she flew by helicopter to the town where the meeting would take part and had arranged for a vehicle to pick her up from landing area and take her to the meeting point. It seemed she was the final one to arrive and she knew many across the world had a distain for Hassfurt but she did her best to greet people cheerfully. "Good Morning King David" she ensured the host was greeted first and then the others before turning back to the Morelander King. "Do we have everybody?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 11:27:54 PM »
It had not been the orderly start to the meeting that David had hoped for. First there had been the literal chaos that had surrounded the Eskdale arrival, then the fact the Queen of Hassfurt arrived from completly the different direction to everyone else and then the apparent lack of seriousness the attire the Queen of Awhaele had shown the occasion. David believed her islands membership would be one of the hot topics and perhaps the impression was that she wasn't taking this seriously. He hoped that when her chance to speak came she made a better first impression. Now though wasn't time for the worries to show and David began to pack them off in cars on the short distance from the riverside to the Old Oasthouse a large crowd had gathered on the narrow old town streets to greet the King who was a rare visitor to places such as this. David had already spoken to several of the crowd as he'd walked down that morning but now was content to wave from one of the cars. The old Oasthouse was a large converted hop storage building from the 17th Century, now converted into a hotel and restaurant, it was in the old kiln that stood in the very top of the roof that the meeting would take place. The large circular room had once been used as a place to the final drying process before the hops were taken off to be turned into ale. The room had a large circular table in the centre at which his cousin Duchess Orlaith Kade was already sat and she waved a friendly greeting to those others as they entered. David waited for everyone to take a seat.

"I'd like to begin by thanking everyone for their time in attending this meeting. Currently MICA is made up ourselves, Vaguzia, Heyra, Seaforth,  Zimalia (OOC - Assume Seaforth and Zimalia have shown up. I forgot about them....oops) and Bakkermaya. We're joined however today by Altona, Hassfurt and Eskdale whose membership, if they wish it it should be pretty clear cut, we then welcome with us today Queen Siora who representing Awhaele is perhaps in a less obvious position. I think the most logical place to start would be to examine whether these four perspective new members want to join. I'm assuming that's going to be a yes as you've actually turned up, but obviously their may be concerns, questions or conditions nations wish to present. In terms of the state of this body we represent $16.6 Trillion in GDP, a sizeable economic grouping, to put it in context the CNN has $21.3 Trillion while the CSU has somewhere in the regions of $17.5 Trillion, what we could do here today could change this economic order. Should all four nations sign up then our combined economies would hit a potential $23.9 Trillion, that's quiet an incentive. But for MICA hasn't been designed just as an economic network, its about us determining what future we, the people who call these seas home, want to create. I have spoken at length in my past about Illumic Self-Determination, those countries who have always called these waters home making decisions about its future. We now have an organisation where around half the Mhorish and Illumic are outside the organisation I hoped would ensure that this ideal of Illumic Self-Determination spread to the Mhorish and ensured that we could create an unparalleled region in terms of co-operation. To date its worked, we've all seen economic growth, we've supported each other during their times of need and we've achieved some interesting things. Partnerships such as SFR clearning landmines in Heyra have been made possible through things like this organisation. So what I propose is that I throw the table open to our non-member guests with three questions. The first and most important is "Do you want in?", then what do we need to do to get you in and finally what's preventing you from joining if anything. I've said my piece for now, I throw the meeting open to my neighbours." David sat back in his seat to allow anyone else to take up the discussion.

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 09:43:28 PM »
Rutger didn't really understand the need to make a journey of such a short distance by car but this wasn't his event to host and so he did as requested. Rutger already had an interest in joining but it was interesting to see just how economically vibrant the area was. "If I may be first to respond" Rutger said "Obviously I can only speak on my own nations behalf but I'd be very interested in joining however I do have a concern. Since the organisation was set up each of you involved have evolved your relationships beyond the region. Heyra had a series of interests in places like Elysium, East Moreland have partnerships with TUNA, and of course Bakkermaya are a member of that organisation as well as this. While I think that is commendable I don't want to have Altona end up with effectively a one way street in terms of trade. What I mean by that is I don't want an arrangement where a car can be made in Paracambi and end up being sold tariff free in Altona having used the East Moreland-TUNA arrangement as a kind of back door. Meanwhile goods going from Altona to Paracambi face such taxes. I'll hold my hands up and say I'm no expert on each of the deals that govern things such as the Elysium arrangement or the East Moreland CSU deal for example. Therefore if Altona are to join I'd like to see a few changes to the charter."

With that Rutger presented each of the guests with a document.

Quote from: Paper
We propose the current wording

2. All members agree to permit trade from MICA members tariff free so long as the following criteria are meet.

a) Companies abide by all local rules governing health and safety.
b) Companies abide by all local laws governing prohibited materials and substances.
c) Companies pay local taxes at the same rate as local companies.

Be changed to

2. All members agree to permit trade of products, goods and services that originate from MICA members tariff free so long as the following criteria are meet. For the purpose of this charter products and goods are classed as originating from a MICA member if at least 75% of the processes required to complete it are undertaken in a MICA nation. Services are classed as originating from a MICA member if they are carried out from a registered office within the borders of a MICA nation by a company registered for tax in a MICA nation.

b) Companies abide by all local laws governing prohibited materials and substances.
c) Companies pay local taxes at the same rate as local companies.

Having let those around the table read the proposal Rutger waited, "I await your decision."

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
A small huddle of Eskdale representatives gathered and whispered following Rutger's announcement and carefully studied the document. Similar concerns had spread through the three Kingdoms and Royal Overseer Stanely Keynes agreed. "We likewise have our concerns that many of you have made impressive and extensive connections around the world. One day we'll do the same but we wish to do so on our own terms and in its present form we're not confident the charter allows us to fully control our borders. As such we'll look for the amendment before committing ourselves to join."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »
David saw the point that both these nations were making, he knew there was likely to need to be an evolution of the organisation once they expanded and he hoped it would be a reasonably large expansion at that. The idea had been to promote trade between the region and MICA had achieved that but it was also true to say that there had been significant change to each members foreign policies and trade arrangements so perhaps now was the time. "I'd be happy to support King Rutger's amendment, however it is up to the membership as it stands to determine what the charter should say. I for one though would vote to change the charter in the way suggested."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 08:48:33 PM »
"If no one has any suggestions for an amendment to what our new friends have suggested then perhaps we should vote? If we are Bakkermaya votes for the amendment, anyone else?"

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 08:46:35 PM »
Rutger had been hopeful until Therz hostile response. "What I've proposed does not destablisie or limit trade. If Elysium still want to send goods to Altona, assuming we join this body, then they'll be welcome to as long as they aren't trying to sell anything illegal in Altona. I would hope regardless of our status within this body that our timber could still find its way into Heyra. What we don't want is someone taking advantage of tariff free trade to effectively sneak goods into our nation without our nation recieving their rightful dues. What I don't want is Tamoran fruit for example ending up in Altona via Elysium without us having the right to effectively charge them for the right to trade with us. At present this trade route is wide open under the charter. So I believe Madam Therz[1] is faced with two choices. Choice one is we amend the charter, ensure this loophole is closed and MICA expands. Choice Two is that the loophole remains open and myself and I suspect the delegation for Eskdale take our bat and ball and go home. That is unless she can suggest a third option."
 1. Hopefully right address

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 03:03:17 PM »
Rutger was not entirely satisfied.

"Under the current arrangements all anything must do to find its way into East Moreland from Heyra is comply with their health and safety laws, comply with laws regarding prohibited materials and then the seller pay any local taxes. So in theory the mango grown in Tamora is taken into Elysium, flown to Heyra and will be classed as an internal trade. Then so long as that Mango is properly labelled for health and safety, as long as East Moreland don't restrict Mango sales in their supermarkets and that the seller pays the sales tax that everything in East Moreland is expected to pay they can then sell that Mango. I've just demonstrated that a Tamoran mango can end up in East Moreland pretty easily. Now had we got my rules in place the exporter would need to show proof that the Mango had been grown in Heyra. Now you suggest using simply the word "originate" but then if you're dealing with Mango juice where does that class as originating, is it the place the Mango's are grown or the place the containers is sealed in. By stating a definition then we ensure fairness and no loopholes. Now should the Chairwoman have a suggestion for how we determine this then I am open to suggestions."

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 10:47:29 PM »
Giuseppe was a bit surprised by the suggestion of King Rutger and saw that Heyra was on his side with this one  "i am a bit surprised by this remark, your majesty, i understand that this might be a small disadvantage of the MICA membership, but in all alliances, we have to compromise, because we are simply all different nations who trade different goods, and unfortunately this means that these things can occur, but in my opinion that's just the nature of trade, and i honestly cannot give our border guards who are very busy with fighting terrorism and Borlanders at the quite violent border of my nation with East Moreland, bureaucratic nonsense such as this, maybe your country has the privilege of being able to give your agencies more bureaucracy but unfortunately our agencies are too busy with other things and cannot afford any more bureaucracy, which will also force my government to tax my citizens who have just recovered from a severe recession even more. Wouldnt you agree, your majesty, the the positive things your nation would gain through a MICA membership, outweigh the negative things?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 09:31:25 PM »
David was concerned. It seemed MICA had reached a bit of a cross-roads and it would take some navigating to ensure they came out the otherside in one piece. "We stand with a slight problem. On one hand we have MICA that doesn't fully represent the region with Altona, Eskdale and Hassfurt not part of the equation. One of the strengths of MICA has always been that we have stood united in many ways, be that anti-piracy, supporting each other after crisis such as the Rokkenjiman damage of recent times or helping with issues such as search and rescue. The problem is I too think the article needs some tightening up. The current wording means once something has arrived in a MICA nation it can move freely around us all. What you may all fail to realise is that I have in effect entered you all into a free trade agreement with Cassiopeia which in effect goes one way. You see currently Cassiopeia can bring items into East Moreland tarrif free and then those items can enter any MICA nation tariff free, however when Vaguzia sells items to Cassiopeia, even if they ship from Portworth you will be paying taxes. Now I imagine a nation like Heyra may not be concerned by this so much as their stance on free trade is very clear, however if I was them I would be upset by the one sided nature of the free trade agreement Cassiopeia has with them via the back door. While I have a firm belief that free trade is desirable I do not think it neccessarily desirable for it to be offered to all nations offering the oppurtunity is a diplomatic tool I want to be able to control for East Moreland. This was a loophole we should have seen when we formed this body but now we have a chance to close it. We either do close it or we run a real risk of MICA splitting the region and then we lose everything we've worked hard for."

The King paused for a moment or two. "What I propose is a slightly different strategy than the one King Rutger has proposed. Currently we are dealing with a charter that says.

"2. All members agree to permit trade from MICA members tariff free so long as the following criteria are meet.

c) Companies pay local taxes at the same rate as local companies"

"I believe that perhaps we should consider changing this to."

2. All members agree to the following trade agreements.

a) All materials gathered in the MICA region may be traded tarriff free so long as they remain unprocessed. 
b) All materials gathered outside the MICA region shall be required to pay a tariff once they reach a nation that the gathering nation would normally pay tariffs in.
c) All materials that have been processed in a MICA nation shall be traded tariff free.
d) All materials that have been processed outside a MICA nation but enter the region shall be eligible for tariffs at the first border they reach where the processing nation would normally pay tariffs.
e) All services may be traded tariff free.
f) Companies must abide by all local rules governing health and safety.
g) Companies must abide by all local laws governing prohibited materials and substances.
h) Companies must pay local taxes at the same rate as local companies"

"Now under this new wording should Heyra have a Heyran company in Elysium drill for oil, they stick it in a barrell and bring it to Portworth its more than welcome to be sold in East Moreland tarriff free. However should Heyra buy that oil from a company anywhere else in the world and try and sell it we can charge a tariff, even if its gone through Heyra. Now if that oil arrives in Heyra first and gets turned into diesel and petrol again we'll welcome it in. This wording also gives nations like Vaguzia the ability to say they'll accept anything that comes through from East Moreland or Heyra and thus avoid the buerocracy they are worried about, meanwhile nations like Altona, Eksdale and East Moreland that would like to perhaps have a say over which nations they give tariff free trade to still can. I think this is a fair compromise that gives those of us who wish more protection over free trade reassurances while those who have less concerns can manage things their way."

David hoped this would present a solution both sides could agree with and at the same time close the loop hole.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 10:20:39 PM »
The four members of the Eskdale contingent spun their chairs to form a brief circle but it was clear that Keynes was doing the majority of the talking. "The Three Kingdoms of Eskdale had concerns along similar lines as Altona. We however would have our fears put aside if this proposal from King David was accepted."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »
Bakkermaya are happy to accept the East Moreland proposal.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2022, 10:36:43 PM »
Although it was completely what Giuseppe had hoped for he remembered a quote by the great philosopher Mick Jagger  "You can't always get what you want" so he pretended to critically look at the new proposal and then said "yes okay, i think this will work"

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 07:59:41 AM »
Rutger wasn't entirely satisfied but there was enough in it to secure in essence what he wanted. "With this seemingly accepted then I would like to confirm that my Kingdom will be joining the organisation, unless of course there is a motion to block membership." He scanned the table carefully hoping this would not be the case, he knew he was going to ruffle Heyran feathers with his proposal but he hadn't counted on the Vaguzians being so against it. He was however confident that he would be able to secure the support of East Moreland and Bakkermaya at least.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2022, 11:09:18 PM »
It seemed now that it was time to turn matters to Eskdale situation. "I am happy to say that I can approve the Eskdale application potentially." He looked back at where the three monarchs were sat. "Now potentially we have a stumbling block. Each of the three Kingdoms is free to set some local taxes such as sales tax for example. What we are asking for is that each of the three monarchs is permitted to sign the agreement and have a say in how the organisation works. I also appreciate that this could be a problem as it could be seen as giving Eskdale three votes so what we propose is that while we would have three voices in debate we would have one vote. If the organisation agrees we would put in place local legislation that says I appoint a MICA voting delegate who shall always vote the way the majority of the monarchs instruct. We think this is a fair compromise."

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2022, 10:43:18 PM »
With no one having opposed Altona's entry to MICA Rutger was pleased that he was seemingly its newest member, at least perhaps for a few minutes. Rutger was rather familiar with the system of government in Eskdale even if he did believe that it made very little sense. He did though want Eskdale in the organisation and the reasoning Keynes gave seemed to make sense as to why they needed this arrangement. If it was to be like other organisations debates could see people with a veritable herd of advisers and specialists accompanying them and often speeches were written by experts before hand. It didn't really matter then who spoke on behalf of Eskdale as long as they couldn't pool their votes and muscle the organisation to do what they wanted. "So long as Eskdale is only given one vote then I would support their entry into MICA. Internal politics is there concern and while it may take a few minutes longer in debate to get a wider range of views from those who live in the region is important."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2022, 03:54:31 PM »
Bakkermaya supports the inclusion of Eskdale with three voices so long as they only have one vote.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2022, 07:56:35 PM »
David had seen the Eskdale system in work and had concluded agreements with each of the three Kingdoms during his visit there. He was satisfied that Keynes would be able to navigate the arrangement and so had no problem supporting it. "We in East Moreland are happy to accept the Eskdale proposal."

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2022, 05:51:05 PM »
The Kingdom of Vaguzia also supports the proposal

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 06:42:42 PM »
With the Heyran and Vaguzian support it was sorted, Eskdale was now too a member of the organisation, all be it one with three voices but one vote. The next part of the discussion was going to be the tricky one. "The next matter is one I think will provoke more discussion. We have with us Queen Siora from Awhaele. Her nation has a unique position, on the one hand it is close to Alba Karinya and the North end of the Illumic, some would argue not truly in the Illumic. They are a people who have lived in peace with us their southern neighbours and to the best of our knowledge never had an angry word with any of us. But then there is the potential problem that Awhaelele is a land that owes a deep connection to Achkaerin. Perhaps it is best if Queen Siora explains her people's situation and how they think it best fits within the organisation."

Offline Altona

• Roleplay Manager
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2022, 07:35:45 PM »
OOC- With Hassfurt having changed I propose we move onto Aweahle while we wait to see if Heimney goes for membership

Offline Heimney

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Heimney
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »
OOC
Please consider Heimney has applied

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2022, 07:14:14 PM »
OOC - To help keep this moving I'm going to say if by the end of Wednesday no one has opposed Heimney joining or wants to ask them anything they are in and we can get down to Awahle.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2022, 07:17:43 PM »
David was pleased with how things were going. So far three new members to MICA, Eskdale, Altona and now Heimney. It was time now for things to turn to Awhaele. "With the obvious inductions of members we now have the more complex matter of Awhaele. I will admit that prior to this meeting I've meet with them to discuss this meeting and I made clear that I had a major concern and was given some verbal assurances that these could be overcome. I though think it important that the rest of you feel free to voice your concerns and questions to the Queen and make your own determination as to what we should do. Obviously Her Majesty may wish to speak more openly first" David said having threw the floor open to his guest.