Author Topic: Rus Empire Proposal  (Read 2003 times)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Rus Empire Proposal
« on: April 19, 2022, 09:52:28 PM »
Around 600 BC various tribes in the modern day region of Vanora began to have various conflicts. In the midst of this the Rus emerged victorious and began to either directly conquer the territory of the other tribes or have them pay tribute to them. By the time of 200 BC however the Rus tribe was facing various uprisings from within their fledgling Empire and began fortifying their frontier in the West as they began an expansion in the East. In 63BC the Rus had found themselves effectively pushed out their ancestoral landsinto the North of modern day Kodima and Waddan. With the climate of Waddan not suitable for the argicultureal norms the Rus desired they began pushing East until reaching the wide rivers of Southern Rodina. This by the end of the 1st Century AD saw them capable of sailing up the rivers and reaching the Rodina Sea from where they could spread their influence across the whole of that region.

After reaching the sea some intrepid Rus headed South in a fleet and largely lost contact with the Rus homeland. This group ended up founding new Rus based territories in the area of modernday Lodja.

The Rus in the traditional homeland were able to use the desert as a means of seperating themselves from what was the traditional homeland and they began to forge a flourishing new Empire. This Empire ebbed and flowed as various groups from East Aranye tried to oppose the Rus. In addition the occasional dynastic rivalries within the Empire saw its last incarnation begin to struggle to stay together in the late 1600's. As the various cities of the Rodinan Sea region began to modernise, thanks to big changes in argicultural technology various new political idelogies began and this saw the Empire reduced as more and more land saw various leaders take advantage of the weakening position of the Emperor as fuedal systems began to no longer be feasable as people placed less significance on land. It was when the first parts of Communism began in the 1760's that the Emperor finally lost the last control as Communism began to spread through the area first in Rodina and then elsewhere.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
Re: Rus Empire Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 10:04:21 PM »
so this proposal would have the Rus people be jews long lost from home?

I'm not against the proposal, i just find the idea of the Rus people potentially being one of the lost tribes amusing
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 10:26:43 PM by Geo »

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 11:05:12 PM »
Hadn't considered that although I believe in ancient times judeias neighborhood included people like the Philistines. So maybe the Rus were just another tribe.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 05:13:37 PM »
I like the proposal because it helps with the following:

-   It helps explain how there are traces of Rus over such a large area.
-   It puts the roots of Rus outside the control of any player or region.
-   It allows for countries outside of the Rodinian Sea to be just as Rus as them (ex: Lodja).
-   It is flexible enough to provide explanation should another Rus nation turn up somewhere very far from the Rodinian sea.
-   It has the potential to add to RPing as nations can create stories about Rus’ artifacts/ruins existing on their territory about that migration.

So as far as I am concerned, I am for it.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 07:43:48 PM »
Looks good to me

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before