« on: April 26, 2022, 09:18:08 AM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:17:27 PM by Nova »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: A financial curtesy (Samantra & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 02:24:13 PM »

Addressed to: Governor Maxime Anginer

Dear Mr. Anginer,

I am glad to hear that our previous meeting left positive memories despite our countries opposing positions on the creation of human life. As diplomats it is our duty to protect the national interest and do so in a way that allows future talks and cooperation to continue with other countries. I am pleased to say that we have not failed our countries in that task.

Not that much time has passed since our previous meeting but much has changed in the dynamics of Mundus. I look forward to discussing the changes and other topics during the visit.

I look forward to meeting you again, Mr. Anginer and visit the state of Elysium which is so famous throughout Mundus.

Respectfully yours,
Maria Mikhailov
Minister of External Affairs

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 11:35:09 AM »
Maria was back to MidAranye. Not too long ago she was in Royal Seleucid negotiating for oil and gas and now she was in what she could best described as a business district transplanted in one of the most traditionalist countries of MidAranye. The very existence of the city of Elysium in a country as rigid as Tamora was a living testimony of the power of persuasion of the Heyrans. A power she felt herself in the last couple of months as Heyran investments poured in Samantra in key industries and gaining supporters or better said lobby in Petrograd and as Heyra joined Samantran initiatives such as the DeSovietization Institute.  If that wasn’t enough Heyra also knew how to take advantage of the geopolitical shifts, as Rokkenjima launched and an economic crusade against Samantra, Heyra positioned in support of Samantra. All that had shifted the priorities of Petrograd and especially the spiritual government of Samantra. While the spiritual government in Novyy Rim was not exactly trusting of Heyra, it was now of the opinion that the main threat came from Rokkenjima whom they perceived as waging a religious proxi war against the values Samantra stood for. The latest decision of the of the Rokkenjiman Empire to fly the LGBT flag on their embassy in Petrograd and have their Empress visit the Rokkenjiman embassy in Nis to criticize the values the holy kingdom was re-founded upon only cemented that belief.   

With the opposition of the spiritual government out of the way, the secular government in general and Maria in particular had more leeway in the talks. Unlike many in the secular government Maria was becoming a bit worried of the growing influence of Heyra on the Mundus stage. They had a presence and influence on most corners of Mundus and Maria was becoming of the opinion that such huge influence was driving out opportunities for Samantran companies. Still for now she was on a wait and see approach as she couldn’t do much about it since none in the government shared her views.

“The trip was worth it to see the great city of Elysium, Your Excellency.” She said smiling at Anginer as she moved under his umbrella adding ”I think God provided Elysium with plenty of other blessings from the little I could see so far.”

“Governor, you surprise me” she said in reference to the helicopter trip as she had not expected such an itinerary. She looked forward to the trip as she enjoyed her last meeting despite it not having the most positive outcome. Maria saw Anginer as extremely ambitious and with great achievements so far, which was something she respected.     

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »
Maria watched closely the scenery from the helicopter. Not too long ago she was the mayor of Petrograd and had an interest in city development. In just four years, the Heyran had done a lot in Elysium and she couldn’t help but think that back home only the paperwork to start construction would have taken a year unless one knew the mayor very well. She couldn’t help but remember the number of “friends” she helped during her time in office as mayor. 

“It’s beautiful” she said of the view adding “I am starting to understand why the Republic has developed such a reputation for efficiency” praising how fast the development of the city was going.

She also couldn’t help but think of the billions of roubles/USD that were pouring into Elysium and how that showed just how much money was Heyra generating. “No wonder they are so secretive about their businesses” she thought to herself.

“Wine would be fine” Maria replied “Anything you have is fine” she added.

“So tell me Mr. Anginer, how are things with Tamora currently? “ she asked in reference to the fact that Elysium was invaded not too long ago by Tamoran (rogue) forces.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 06:57:32 PM »
Maria smiled when she heard the “tough” choice ahead:

“Since nobody is watching us I will go for the Vinitsian Fetească Neagră even if it is non Rus’” she said chuckling.

“This talk about minarhistic government is something which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, where does that leave people like us?” and by us she meant politicians. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »
Mr. Anginer, now I know why you manage to have good relations even with the Tamoran emperor” she said referring to the compliment she received.

Maria did not mention the details of her past and instead chose to tell a different story:

“I was always interested in politics and I was fortunate to meet the right people that supported me and my carrier. Politics is the way to serve and lead the people. It is both an honor and a great responsibility.
And I see that much of what I learned during my decades in politics is useful in diplomacy. As a politician you compete against other politicians during elections but afterwards you have to negotiate with them, build coalitions and govern. Diplomacy is not that different, there are only so many nations in Mundus and if we burn bridges we eventually find ourselves isolated. So compromising is just as needed in diplomacy as in politics. This is something some foreign capitals seem to have trouble grasping.“   

“Good wine, by the way” she added savoring the last drops in the glass.

“I see you keep up with the news, Mr. Anginer. You know about the Vladmir the Great Bridge. What do you think of the project?”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:15:10 AM »
Maria smiled at the comment about Rus’ being strong:

“A glass of Lodjain Вон-Романи, Искар области, would be great. It’s only fair to the Lodjans that I also try it” she added jokingly.

Maria was amused about the calculations Anginer made about the bridge and its economic viability:

“The economic viability of the bridge is a secondary concern. Its purpose is to please the public, to show them that Samantra is in a position to build things that mirror the great wonders of the Rus’ Empire” and <<to win reelection>> she said to herself. “As a politician you have to consider more than mere economic concerns. I am sure you understand that.

It also creates opportunities for cooperation.  Since you mentioned funding, we are interested in raising funds from as many sources as possible. We need 10 billion roubles/USD for just our half of the bridge. It is the concern of our northern neighbors to raise funds for the other half. So if Heyran financial institutions are willing to provide part of the funding that is something we can work out. “

Maria decided to take the opportunity to provide an update on where they stood from Samantra’s perspective:

“A lot has changed since our last meeting. We have seen investments in Samantra from individuals associated with Heyra, we have received support for the Dezovietization Institute and many other initiatives but more importantly the economic and ideological jihad the Rokkenjimans have launched against us have made our government rethink its priorities.  We suspect that the Unholy Empire (ooc: Achkaerin) is behind the bizarre decisions of the Rokkenjiman government but we have no proof of that and in the end it does not matter. What matters is that we seem to have a common adversary just as we did in the Great War Era and it would be unwise for us to not close ranks in the face of a common threat.

So for our part there is willingness to cooperate to see the threat contained.”

Maria gave time to Anginer to reply before addressing another concern that the Samantran government had:

“Allow me to address this head on and save time. What can you tell me about Elysium and slavery that I cannot already find in previous public addresses? I don’t think there is any doubt that in the future this topic will come under international scrutiny again and the Samantran government wants to know more regarding the matter.”