Author Topic: An Invitation To An Enthronement  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
An Invitation To An Enthronement
« on: June 12, 2022, 02:10:07 AM »

Enthronement Of Empress Sutāraito

To the Community of Nations:

I am pleased to welcome you to Pyrena Castle as we mark the enthronement of Crown Princess Asuna, marking the begining of the Sutāraito Era and the true end of the Saisei Era. Accommodations shall be provided in the residential wing of Pyrena Castle, while festivities shall include an Imperial Ball, a dinner, a concert featuring various Rokkenjiman acts, as well as various activities for international leaders to interact with the future Rokkenjiman Empress and her present representatives in Imperial Government.

I look forward to welcoming you all in Pyrettania.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: An Invitation To An Enthronement
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 05:54:11 PM »
To Empress Evanthe of Rokkenjima

On behalf of the Empire of Daitō, I would both be honored to attend thee enthronement of Crown Princess Asuna and the end of the Saisei era, but also congratulate the soon-to-be Empress of Rokkenjima on this occasion. I recognize, of course, the opportunity that such an occasion would allow for diplomacy, and of course I would certainly seek to further that if possible, but first and foremost, this will be her night, a night to remember, to celebrate. Therefore, once again, my deepest congratulations to the Crown Princess and the Imperial Court.

Before I end this letter, of course, I would inform you of those representatives of our own who would attend. They are naturally myself, my wife, Empress Mayumi, Crown Prince Hidehiko, Princess Satomi, Prime Minister Suketoshi Heishi, and my grandfather, the Emperor Emeritus. May the kami protect the new Empress in the years to come.
Signed,
Daitō Tennō

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:57:30 PM by Daitō »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »

We thank the First Empire for the invitation. As ambassador to the First Empire I will be attending the event. No accommodation is needed for me as I have everything I need on the embassy grounds.

Respectfully yours,
Radomil Ivanov
Ambassador of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 01:00:49 AM »

To Empress Evanthe

It will be a pleasure to attend this event, expect a delegation of myself, my wife Renee, children Simon and Serenity and niece Sakura along with Grand Countess Olivia Leonidas and Queen Siora of the Faejeon to attend. Accommodation will not be required as my daughter owns a home in Rokkenjima.

Signed

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 06:10:06 AM »
OOC: I'll be leaving this open for a few more days so that there is an opportunity for all interested to lodge their interest. Danke. :)

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 10:09:07 PM »

Message from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

We can confirm that Her Most High Majesty Brzdmtsveli Ketevan Chakhava, head of state of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo, will be highly pleased to attend your ceremony, along a representative of the Mktvartvelian government.

Yours sincerely,
Office of the Brdzmtsveli, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

Message from the Republic of Djabidjan

We will be honoured to witness this historical event and we inform you that Minister Lee Jung-nam will assist in representation of the Republic of Djabidjan.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Djabidjan

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 01:37:34 PM »

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NEW DERUSMIA

To: Empress Evanthe

As per my previous public statement, I humbly accept your personal invitation to attend the enthronement of the Crown Princess and honoured to bear witness to this historical event; the closing of the Saisei Era and the commencement of the Sutaraito Era. I would also like to offer my congratulations to the future Empress and wish her well in her reign.

I will be representing the Federal Republic of New Derusmia alongside members of my own administration. It is also hoped that the heads of state of the SANE nations will be in attendance as well.

Sincerely,

President of the Federal Republic of New Derusmia
Ebston Feish

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 05:27:33 PM »

Office of the President
of Lakhzovia

As close friends and allies of Rokkenjima Lakhzovia is delighted to send our warmest wishes to the new Empress and I will gladly attend the enthronement on behalf of the entire Lakhzov state and people.

May the blessing of Emet be upon you

Sachim Kadassa
President of the Lakhzov Republic

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 02:34:37 AM »

Throughout the day Crown Princess Asuna had spent much of her day throughout Pyrettania meeting with the people of Rokkenjima lined up along the streets in celebration of her Enthronement. Outside of the formal proceedings of the affair she had taken a rather unconventional approach, insisting that she be able to mingle with the people she would one day rule and build relationships with them as she always had, not as a Princess, but as a young Rokkenjiman who looked to the future much in the same way many of them did. As she concluded her visits in Pyrettania she was returned to Pyrena Castle and would begin preparations for the next phase of the Enthronement, the more traditional aspects. As she prepared Evanthe and Emerson were on welcoming duty at the Castle, whilst countless members of the Imperial Government prepared for the transition to an Evanthe regency following her Enthronement.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 08:38:45 PM »
It wasn't often that the King travelled with his niece the Archduchess Sophie, on this occasion though she was not travelling with him in a diplomatic capacity. She was acting as one of the Air Force security force onboard but it gave the King a chance to catch up with her as they watched some rugby on TV with her K9, Bandit, snoozing at Sophie's feet. The King was also accompanied by the Queen who was busy making herself "presentable" with two hours until touch down. She emerged from her own room attired in a black pant suit gave a twirl in a full length mirror and then deemed herself ready. By now the aircraft had touched down and the soon after the two emerged. Sophie would stay onboard and settled down with her Air Force comrades to watch some TV while the first shift secured the aircraft.

The King lead his wife by the hand as they approached Evanthe and Emerson. "Good to see you." David extended a hand having removed it from the pommel of the ceremonial sword on his belt.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 08:39:03 AM »
"Welcome again," Evanthe said as she took David's hand and pulled him in for a hug. "You know he considered you as a brother," she said referring to Joshua, "and I think you brought out the best in him. I have to believe he's still out there somewhere, but....forgive me," she said taking a step back. "It's good to see you too."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 07:17:03 AM »
Eijiro and his entourage were soon to follow, slightly larger with their staff included than the Morelander delegation, not that it was a competition of course. It was a comparatively short trip for them, at most a little over an hour as it wasn't economical to travel by SST over such a short distance, but that far from diminished its importance to any of those present. Indeed, they had come in some of their finest outfits, truly putting on display the Empire's wealth while maintaining the traditions of old. For his part, the Emperor wore a robe dyed red, covered by other layers of light and dark purple as well as a white outer robe, with a kanmuri hat to finish the ensemble. Hung from his waist was a tachi forged many centuries ago, its hilt and scabbard ornately decorated with gold and ivory, and its blade, though not visible, featured a mirror-like finish. For her part, Mayumi wore a red furisode kimono featuring paulownia tree and phoenix motifs; while for formal ceremonies back home, the jūnihitoe might've been worn, for events abroad it was deemed too troublesome to wear, akin in many regards to the sokutai worn by men in the Imperial Court. They were joined by one Rikugun-Tai-i Natsuki Uematsu, the couple's bodyguard and a close friend of the Emperor.

The Emperor was no doubt surprised by the lack of poise with which the soon-to-be Empress of the Rokkenjimans conducted herself on the day of her enthronement, after all, from his perspective it was meant to be a day of religious significance, filled not with such foolishness as going out into the city to mingle with fans like some Daitōjin pop idol but with prayer for the future of their people and for a peaceful reign. Such a shameful display, no doubt portending the decline of good public morality within the state. Nevertheless, he knew full-well that such misgivings were best voiced in private, away from prying eyes which would, of course, take them to mean something far from how he felt.

Eventually, they would reach Pyrena Castle, whereupon Eijiro would meet with the welcoming committee, as it were.
   "Your Highness, its a pleasure." He said with a mere nod, which was certainly more than he had offered on his last visit; he would never be seen bowing to a Rokkenjiman, actually, pretty much to anyone as he was, by merit of his station, above such a need. "By now, I'm sure you know my wife, Empress Mayumi, so I suspect introductions won't be necessary. If you don't mind, Captain Uematsu here can assist with security for the duration of the ceremony, just as a formality of course."
   "Heika, I must object." Natsuki spoke up. "My place is by your si-"
   "Your place is where I say it is, Uematsu-tai-i. Besides, its just Rokkenjima, not some far off land like Lechia." Eijiro said, briefly looking at the young captain before turning back to his hosts. "I must apologize for that, he means well. I assure you he won't cause any trouble, right, Natsuki?"
   "...Hai, heika." Natsuki said with a nod after a moment.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »

In her first visit to the continent as head of state, Brzdmstsveli Ketevan arrived, leaving the delegation from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo. Along her, there were her assistant Nano Tsabaurashvili and Zurab Balanchadze, who was wearing a distinctive military uniform.

Ketevan was wearing a dark blue flowery dress, solemn but cheerful, which was finished off with transparencies along her neck and shoulders. The dress was long but not enough to hide her feet, which wore dark shoes with rather high heels, as the occassion demanded. Nano, on the other hand, was wearing a more monochromatic dress, but more sophisticated that the work attire she usually wore.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 04:52:58 PM »
For the Achkaerinese guests this had turned into a bit of a trip, flying down a couple of days earlier they'd stayed at Commonwealth House as it had been named - an estate bought back in 2016 due to members of the family holding international roles in Rokkenjima at the time. It was perhaps the expected Achkaerinese delegation that arrived at the enthronement, all the heavy hitters so to speak were there. Leading it dressed in an black suit except for the dark green, or Gowu green to use the name of the shade, was Emperor Peter, hand in hand with his wife Duchess Renee who wore an elegant long dress also in the Gowu green shade. Next up wearing a red dress was Crown Princess Serenity accompanied by her two children her eldest Lisa, in a lavender coloured dress and Astrid who wore a turquoise dress and had her assistance dog Sparky on a lead. Close to Astrid was her sign language interpreter Val Kirby. Also in the group were Peter's eldest Prince Simon in a formal suit, his wife Princess Lydia, in a dark blue dress and their twin daughters Aeolia and Lamia who had rather predictably chosen identical hairstyles, dresses, shoes and so on. Peter's niece Sakura rounded out the family part of the delegation. Completing the delegation were Queen Siora of the Faejeon people, the enthronement presented the opportunity for her to continue getting to know the various nations of Mundus, and finally the Grand Countess of Silverlea Olivia Leonidas who while Peter led the group towards where others were greeting Evanthe peeled off and hugged Emerson, the Viceregent had been the father figure in her life and that of her sister and today was important for him so she'd wanted to be there.

"Quite the day isn't it?" Peter said upon greeting Evanthe "The official start line. Please do ask whomever is officiating to speak at a pace suitable for sign language translation."

Gemma Sanders, stepped into Asuna's bedroom, as the Crown Princess's bodyguard she was slowly learning about the role she was to play, she was also responsible for Asuna's safety, normally she wouldn't have allowed Asuna out to mingle and truth be told the Crown Princess's insistence wasn't what had swung it, there were nerves for what was about to change, it was much like a stag party or hen night, the last chance to be the child before she would, albeit with friendly guidance, start to prepare for the day she wore the crown. Closing the doors Gemma found Asuna sat at her dressing table, she put her hands on her shoulders, part of her job was to be a friend as well, "You look like a rabbit caught in the headlights." Gemma said "Relax, you've been over everything a hundred times in your head, nothing's going to go wrong because me and Kayleigh will tag team anyone trying anything. So what are you going to wear?"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 05:53:56 PM »
Samantran ambassador to Rokkejima, Radomil Ivanov, was at the end of his career. He was to retire soon or as the Samantran diplomatic corps liked to joke he would soon be “appointed as ambassador to Achkaerin Empire”. The joke being that Samantra lacked an embassy in Achkaerin for decades so that meant retirement.

Radomil was not surprised to hear that princess Asuna had spent the day to greet the people. He knew by now that the Anselmos liked to be in the center of attention and it seemed the young princess was no different.

Radomil made his way to greet the hosts. He kept a discrete presence as his job today was not make waves but do the bare minimum and attend the event the hosts had prepared.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 07:48:29 AM »
“Your Grace, welcome to my home,” Evanthe would say as she returned the nod of Eijiro. Though their cultures were similar the differences often impressed upon Evanthe in such situations. Before her was, at least to the Aittsu, the “heavenly sovereign”, while in perhaps a parallel path to the Kojō she was Amenoshita Shiroshimesu Kōgō, “the great Empress who rules all under heaven”. While the Saisei Empress had introduced as a courtesy bowing to foreigners Evanthe elected to restore tradition as it should be: no Rokkenjiman Empress should ever bow her head lower than a foreigner; this was even reflected in her nod to Eijiro.

“Indeed I do,” she continued with a smile, “and I am certain that Rokkenjiman security will have no issue in working with Captain Uematsu in that capacity. There is no need for apologies on his behalf at this juncture, as it’s clear he has a firm sense of duty. Captain Uematsu, if it is cleared,” she said looking to Eijiro, “please do head inside and liaise with your counterparts. As for you two,” she returned her attention to Eijiro and Mayumi, “please proceed with your guide to the Green Sitting Room. It’s not far from the Great Hall where the Enthronement shall take place.”

Next was the delegation from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo, which Emerson took to greeting. “Brzdmstsveli Ketevan, welcome to Rokkenjima. “I am pleased you could join us on this joyous occasion, and I look forward to the opportunities we’ll have for discussions during your stay. Please, do follow the Emperor and his delegation to the Green Sitting Room where we’ve prepared a spread of refreshments after what I hope was a pleasant trip to the First Empire.”

The Achkaerinese delegation lit Evanthe’s eyes in a way even Emerson could see. “My dear friends, welcome,” she said with a smile as wide as the equator, “even those I’m not as intimate with as Emperor Peter,” she continued. “Although I knew this day was coming it is still a rollercoaster of emotions, but we did it. While it will be some time before she rules in her own right I’m confident she’s on the right path. I only wish Beatrice could be here but, well, I get that,” she looked to the side for a moment.

“Rest assured that the pace shall be most accommodating for sign language translation, I do hope she’s adjusting well?” Evanthe asked in reference to Princess Astrid, before summoning knowledge from years ago much early into her diplomatic career, ”welcome to Rokkenjima, I am Empress Evanthe and I’m happy you’re here today,” she signed, perhaps with a few errors. “I do hope that was correct,” she looked to Val, “it’s been a while.”

“With that being said,” the Empress continued, “please join the rest of our guests in the Green Sitting Room. I know that Peter and Serenity know where it is already, so I’ll leave you in their hands to get there.”

Evanthe also greeted the Samantran Ambassador. She knew things had been difficult between their nations and respected that he may feel at least a bit uncomfortable. “Ambassador Ivanov, welcome to my home,” she said with genuine warmth. “I do believe this is the first time we’ve had this opportunity, yes?” she continued. “If there’s anything I may do to make you feel at home please, do let me know. Regardless of the state of relations between our nations, though I feel they are on the mend as of late, please let me know. As your host it is my obligation to ensure your comfort, and I do hope that you will have moments to enjoy yourself on this occasion. Should there be anything you wish to discuss please inform either myself or Vicegerent Emerson. Princess Kyōko is also available, should you feel more comfortable speaking with her.”

With the first round of guests greeted Evanthe turned her attention to Emerson. “Who shall turn up next?”

In Asuna’s room the Crown Princess sighed, “It’s not the formalities that concern me, but what comes next. I had to be out there with them, I had to show them that I was with them, that I’m bringing a part of them with me to Pyrena, at the end of the day I am their voice,” she said as she brushed her hair, “and I’ll have to use that voice wisely. While some may see me being with them as imprudent this is my generation, and if I don’t bring them with me, what’s even the point? If they don’t know that I’m in their corner Aunt Eva may as well continue on the Throne. They either come with me or I don’t do it at all, you know?” she asked as she set the brush down and looked back to Gemma.

“As for what I will wear, you know the dress I’ve got in mind already. The only worries I have are how I can somehow defeat myself today, but we’ll figure that out as we go.”

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 03:19:39 PM »

"It's a pleasure", Ketevan replied to Emerson with a smile. "I'll be counting on those discussions, indeed", she added just before the Mktvartvelian delegation continued their path.