« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:15:10 PM by Nova »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
Re: Singa unofficial summit (closed)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 11:38:48 AM »

Kia Ora

While the Commonwealth has been given reassurances from the Rokkenjiman government that relations between us can be normalised and that moves aimed at us have been reduced we are still cautious. As a result we would welcome common co-operation designed at potentially protecting ourselves from future issues. While we maintain positive and proactive policies with our CNN allies working with regional partners will also be highly effective.

As a result please expect my cousin and Royal Envoy Taika Sevasi and my close adviser Tama Apaita to attend on my behalf.

Best Wishes

King Piripi not of the Ngāpuhi but of The Iwi

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 09:08:05 PM »

To:- Chairwoman Therz.

May I first begin by offering an apology for not attending in person as diplomatic talks elsewhere have overtaken us.

I believe this kind of conversation is required as we have seen clear misunderstandings of the FSC and huge build ups by Navies in the region used as a means of antagonising others. Any large scale Naval exercise or movement impacts civilian shipping and these are becoming very common throughout this region. What with constant naval pods from Rokkenjima in the waters near the Commonwealth of the Iwi and now the joint SANE-Heyran exercises and a huge response to them I think a plan for coming disruptions is needed. As such please expect Nomiki Giannopoulos, the Celestial Consul, to attend talks on our behalf.

From Queen Atalanta of the Realm of Cassiopeia.

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NEW DERUSMIA

To: Chairwoman Therz

Firstly, I would like to cordially greet you through this letter. I hope you have been fairing well since our meeting in Nueva Lungsod.

Your concerns are not unfounded, Rokkenjiman naval activity has been a major controversy and SANE, in its earlier days, had indeed been under threat by Rokkenjima. However, Relations between New Derusmia and Rokkenjima, have since normalised and suspicion of secret IRN activities within the Antalin Sea and beyond have close-to dissipated with the introduction of a defence-prioritised naval doctrine. The signing of a Non-Aggression Pact between the founding members of SANE and Rokkenjima has further subdued suspicion and hostile opinions of the First Empire.

The New Derusmian government respects both the Heyran Republic and the First Empire of Rokkenjima as future partners and wishes to aid in the potential normalisation of relations between the two countries. Therefore, we choose not to participate in these shared information gathering activities.

Despite this, I do believe that international cooperation between our seafaring nations, one not against any particular nation or organisation, would certainly be beneficial for reasons beyond increased military preparedness and intelligence gathering. For this reason, a delegation from New Derusmia will be in attendance, not including myself. If you may approve, they will be observing the conference rather than taking an active part, and any treaty or agreement created as a result of this meeting will not be signed immediately but possibly at a later date by either myself or under my approval.

With all due respect,

President of the Federal Republic of New Derusmia
Ebston Feish
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:11:34 PM by Panzer_Vore »

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Solace
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 11:16:51 PM »
To:- Chairwoman Therz.

Kindly accept our sincere thanks for the hospitality extended towards our delegation headed by The Prime Minister Manek Mitres during the last visit.

Regarding the current development and increased naval activities in the region, this has been a matter of concern to our nation as well, not to mention the apprehensions of the disruption to the common commercial naval activities due to the frequent naval exercises. Although Republic of Solace is a neutral country,  we believe a joint operation is needed to exchange crucial naval information in the region among all nations present, in order to avoid any possible misunderstandings and to safeguard our Maritime from any untoward accidents.
Thus on my behalf please expect the visit of a delegation of my close confidants from Solace
which will participate in the discussion.

The delegation will consist Fredd Maji- Chief secretary of MEA, Hoysal Raj -Chief Secretary of Defence Ministry also Gaj Vetta- my close confidant, friend and Chief of NIA.
With best regards.

Yours Sincerely,

Adwiti Raj

President of Republic of Solace.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 05:07:42 PM by Raj »

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 07:22:01 PM »
Nomiki Giannopoulos prepared to begin , "Thank you for arranging this meeting. In of itself we have no issues with nations conducting naval movements, what concerns us are two things. First is that repeatedly we see deployments aimed at people in the Matilda-Kyne region and that very often there is a lack of respect given to nations not involved. The deployment against our neighbours the Iwi came several years after the situation that the deployment was intended to try and prevent a repeat of and frankly to my mind served no purpose. The second issue we have is that of a concern about the management of such operations. During the one against the Iwi we saw a nation confuse its own administration as it couldn't even get the terminology correct thus escalating the situation. It means in general we are concerned that such sabre-rattling and miscommunications are likely to cause sooner or later some flashpoint. There has already been enough disruption for shipping and now we are likely to see more. I had hoped that the offers of observers would be a useful way forward even though I found the notion of observing the people observing you rather a strange exercise. There however now appears to be a break down of trust completely. Add to this the prospect of a scientific programme which is effectively nothing more than a military asset in a dress then it goes to show how little trust Rokkenjima has in its neighbours. What I will suggest is therefore that those of gathered in this room agree to the construction of our own Oceanographic Research Array and go even further, we offer to merge it with the Rokkenjiman lead ones on condition that scientists from our nations get full access to the system just as they will. We fund it ourselves and so Rokkenjima would have no arguments that this isn't a genuine scientific project especially as their scientists get much more data for no extra cost."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »
Taika Sevasi and  Tama Apaita listened carefully to their host and then to the Cassiopeian. It was Taika, the Royal Envoy, who began to speak. "We have had our own issues with Rokkenjima. While your recent naval exercise is planned on being observed by an ever changing methods we've had our shipping targeted for months despite their ally Achkaerin giving a legal opinion that we did nothing wrong. We constantly are on guard against the Seleucid and such action as is still ongoing doesn't help. I like the idea the Consul suggested."

Tama took over as the more military minded of the two. "One of our concerns though is that you yourselves are not exactly innocent in this situation. There is a long history of antagonism between yourself and Rokkenjima and our concerns are that this exercise is taking place where it is as a slap to their face. Now we are beginning to see two sides becoming formed. We need to make sure that those nations on neither side of this argument are not seeing their homewaters disrupted. How do you intend to make sure that is the case?" 

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 11:43:54 AM »
The answer from Sozu did not reassure the Maori that this would be the last time they were discussing a situation between the Rokkenjimans and the Heyrans. "We like the idea of the Consul. I think even if the Rokkenjimans turn round and say no we should do this anyway. I would also like to ask that we should perhaps consider inviting the other CNN and SUN nations to tie into this system. The larger we make it the better and the more "scientific data" we gather" Tama suggested smiliing as he made air quotes around his comment on data.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 08:23:57 PM »
"I think the problem is that the system ideally needs to be connected in terms of a geographical area. Both the CNN and SUN are spread globally. I don't think then that it would be practical but we could ask once we know whether Rokkenjima and their partners agree."