Author Topic: An Invitation To Clysperis: Summer Games '22  (Read 2287 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
An Invitation To Clysperis: Summer Games '22
« on: June 19, 2022, 05:48:51 AM »

It is my humble privilege to extend an invitation to foreign governments and sporting officials to join me in Setri for a three-day weekend to inspect the facilities and infrastructure which has been built in the Clysperi bid to host the Summer Games. I look forward, with the Clysperi bid, to showing you why the Kingdom of Clysperis is best positioned to host the Summer Games as opposed to merely extolling the virtues of Clysperis with words and pretty graphics. You will have full access to the facilities which shall host events, as well as those which shall serve to house the athletes, all while staying at some of the finest hotels in the City of Dreams. The costs for your stay shall, naturally, be covered in full by the Royal Clysperi Government.

During your stay I shall be available for private meetings to further build support for the Clysperi bid to host the Games. Any concerns, any areas you would wish to see addressed, and other arrangements will be discussed between us. If I did not believe that the facilities we have built at the Khemnen-Setri Games Park were not suitable I would not be inviting you to scrutinize them personally. I look forward to your arrivals and to us working together for one of the most remarkable Mundus Games in recent history.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

CSMC Special Programming on the Khemnen-Setri Games Park and the Clysperi bid to host the Games.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
Re: An Invitation To Clysperis: Summer Games '22
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 10:52:59 AM »
From the Kingdom of Nis to the Kingdom of Clysperis:

Dear the Kingdom of Clysperis,

I am delighted to, on behalf of the people of Nis, accept your invitation to review your infrastructure for you Summer Games bid. I understand that you have only relatively recently left a civil war, and I am sure many are interested to see the progress you have made rebuilding your nation. Wars are destructive events and the speed at which Clysperis has been rebuilt is a credit to you and a mystery to the economists of the world. Whilst I am sure we won't be able to steal your secrets to such a recovery, I am sure the results of it will be well worth the trip. Unfortunately, and I hope you forgive me, I will be unable to attend myself, as I am preoccupied with more important matters. I am sure you understand. In my stead I shall send Anton Kynev, who shall act as my representative and report back to me. I pray you receive him as you would receive me.

Your Sincerely,
His Most Blessed Majesty Stefan Basil the Fourth, by the Grace of God, King of Niš, King of the Nišavians, the Blitkens, the Aleksijanci, the Tračani, the Iliri, the Visines and the Basnions, Guardian of the Church, Protector of His People.

Anton Kynev, first Trački (but not the last) to be appointed the title of Royal Diplomat, stepped off the plane and shielded his eyes with hands. The Sun seemed to beat down, swelteringly hot in this heathen land. The two Black Hand agents, both discreetly standing amongst his three aides as they walked down the steps onto the runway were his idea to take, though he had received the King's blessing. Both were to act as bodyguards in this heathen land, on the off-chance that he needed them. Clysperis had only relatively recently left its civil war, and radical elements could still be lurking. Besides, this was a land of pagans; men, women and children who were doomed to burn in hell, with practises that originated demons. Who knows what they might do to a God-fearing Christian. He'd keep these thoughts to himself, of course. He was a trained diplomat, politeness was key, and keeping your thoughts on the status of other's immortal souls to yourself played into that politeness. He looked around the runway, looking for any sign of them being greeted by a delegation from Clysperis. He understood that they'd be receiving alot of curious guests, so he didn't delude himself into thinking their queen would have the chance to see them.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 11:34:32 AM »

Addressed to: Her Royal Majesty Pharaoh  Akasha

I thank your Royal Majesty for the invitation and look forward to seeing the wonderful achievements of the City of Dreams, the new sporting facilities and wonders of your ancient civilization.

Though the outcome of our previous meeting is still uncertain (ooc: since the meeting there has not reached the point where we know there is an agreement, I didn’t find a better way to express this) I look forward to speaking with Your Majesty in a private regarding your nation’s bid to host the Mundus Games. To that effect my staff has prepared a series of proposals for cooperation that I have attached for Your Majesty to review and discuss during the private meeting.
I look forward to visiting Your Majesty’s kingdom.

Annex:

Proposal for cooperation between the Holy Kingdom of Samantra and the Kingdom of Clysperis regarding the Clysperi bid for the Mundus games:

The Holy Kingdom of Samantra confirms its support for the Clysperi bid for the games and The Holy Kingdom will also promote the Clysperi bid to third parties to the best of its ability.

In exchange, the Kingdom of Clysperis agrees to have Trinitas TV (a Samantran TV channel) be the junior partner in the TV rights of the Mundus Games with exclusive rights for broadcasting the games in Samantra and the rest of the Rus’ speaking nations, all other markets will remain the exclusive right of the Clysperi side .Furthermore, the Clysperi government agrees to provide free land, in location suitable for tourism, for the construction of three hotels (one three stars, one four stars and one five stars) to Samantran companies. The construction of the hotels will be financed exclusively by Samantran companies and will be owned and operated by them.

Yours respectfully,
Yeva Litvin
President of the Duma

Ooc: Dave and Ach pointed out that part is not allowed or it has to get the consent of all Rus players.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 10:02:20 PM »

Message from the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

After having received your friendly message, we can confirm you that Mrs. Zhuldyz Birinseli, recently appointed as member of the General Assembly of the All-Mktvartvelian Sports Committee, as well as a member of our ministry Advisory Sports and Culture Board, will attend your invitation.

Yours sincerely,
Merab Arakishvili, Minister of Sports and Civic Education
Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 01:50:55 PM »

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NEW DERUSMIA

To: Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

As the overseer to a successful Mundus Games in 2019, I would be honoured to accept this invitation. Since the Civil War, we have witnessed remarkable progress in reconstructing the nation and it is our belief that the Clysperi decision to hold the Mundus Games this year is a hallmark of this significant post-war recovery. Additionally, I look forward to meeting your royal highness personally for the first time and I hope that despite tensions between our nations in the past, this meeting will open a pathway to cordial relations.

With all due respect,

President of the Federal Republic of New Derusmia
Ebston Feish

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 01:28:14 AM »
Mindful of recent reports between Rokkenjima and Nis Akasha was hopeful to avoid religious controversy during this visit. She also hoped that her guests from Nis would know that Clysperis sees a variety of faiths living aside each other, from the Kemetic Orthodoxy, Muslims and Contemporary Manists (these themselves being Abrahamic faiths), and the Cultist presence consider themselves to be Clysperi first. She understood that it could be uncomfortable and would strive to make the experience as least jarring for her guests as possible.

"Welcome to the Kingdom of Clysperis," she said with a smile as he approached. "I have arranged transport, in the form of two limousines, for our trip from the airport to the City of Setri. It seems we have a bit of time before my other guests arrive so," she motioned to Basil toward the limo, "we shall await their arrival in comfort. Please, should you have any questions or anything you'd wish to discuss, we may do so in the mean time."

Once Kynev had been tended to Akasha exited the limousine upon the announcement of another aircraft, wondering just who she would be greeting next.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 04:42:23 AM »
In his presidential aircraft, Ebston Feish had been reading an official document on the customs and etiquettes of Clysperis. Considering the previous relations between this country which his government had once declared as a national enemy, he elected to educate himself on how to behave properly in this relatively foreign land. He was sincerely hoping to not offend the ones that had invited him here and refused to make a fool of himself like he did a year prior. As the plane touched down at Setri's airport, Ebston looked out his window and took in his new surroundings.

The terminal and its infrastructure was relatively small compared to the ones at Metria or Mitthakenburg, but nonetheless it was impressive for a nation that had just come out of a massive conflict. The area was remarkably clean and free from rubble unlike the images he had seen directly after the end of the Clysperi Civil War, the word 'war-torn' did not first come to mind as he observed the land around him. Beyond the terminal were massive desert plains unlike anything Ebston had ever personally seen and served as a massive reminder that this country would be nothing like New Derusmia in terms of geography, climate, or culture. In the far distance he could spot the skyscrapers of the city of Setri, where he'd be staying for the next three days.

As the plane rolled to a halt on the apron, Ebston closed the document on his phone and left his seat. Declaring to himself that he was ready, he made his way to the front door for disembarkation.

"Jesus Christ." Ebston first thought as the door swung open. "This is no place to be wearing a full business suit."

The heat was what first struck him and the passengers onboard the plane. Coming from a nation where temperatures below 20 degrees Celsius were the norm, the New Derusmians would have to get used to the arid climate. Almost completely blinded by the sun, Feish came off the aircraft holding tight to the handrail as he made his way down the ramp. After walking a small distance, he would finally come face to face with the Clysperi delegation and Pharaoh Akasha herself.

"Your royal majesty," Feish said in a courteous manner. "It is an honour to be finally meeting you in person. I have high hopes for the tour of Setri's sporting facilities, I've heard only good things about it."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 06:24:18 AM »

"President Feish, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Kingdom of Clysperis," Akasha said as the pair were photographed by CMSC. "Please, join me in my air conditioned limousine as we await the rest of my guests, perahps we can discuss mater beyond those which are before us today. I'd love to show you the Pyramids of Nafu personally," she said with a sigh, "I'm sure you could appreciate the full beauty of our culture as you visit our lands for the first time. I could show you personally areas no feet have traversed in over 2,000 years. I must say," she paused, "you're cuter than the media shows you to be. I am happy you are here with me to review our Games grounds," she continued, laying on the charm fully and without guilt.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 04:05:20 PM »
Yeva Litvin chose to personally come to the Holy Kingdom to talk again to the Clysperi Pharaoh. Their previous meeting had not been conclusive and for now there was still possibility of cooperation in the future. MidAranye was a key strategic region for Samantra and personally coming to the Clysperis was meant to show that to both the hosts and to the Samantran public back home. There was also the matter of the proposed deal that she had offered to the Pharaoh. In truth it was not something very important to either side. Samantra’s support for the bid in exchange for some land to build some hotels was a minor aspect that paled in comparison to the 47 billions of roubles/USD in annual trade the two countries had in oil alone but Yeva was the opinion that even minor aspects such as these had to be done in person. And there was also the opportunity to meet other foreign dignitaries. The schedule did not allow her to engage in many talks except for some photo shoots with other dignitaries but getting to know them even briefly mattered for future relations.   

Yeva Litvin, shortly after arriving in Clysperis. She had her usual reserved manner, careful to not show gestures to the press that might be interpreted one way or the other.

So there she was, dressed in traditional Samantran clothing, at the airport waiting to see who would greet her from the part of the hosts and a bit curious to see Setri, the city that Clysperi authorities advertised so much. The Samantran embassy in Clysperis had contingency plans to take her from the airport in case the hosts chose not to greet her there or anywhere for that matter. She knew the Clysperi leadership was volatile, so she and her staff had to be prepared for anything.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 10:50:31 PM »

Zhuldyz Birinseli landed on Clysperis along her assistant and a Mktvartvelian officer who was prepared to serve as translator in case there was such need. While she had not previous experiences in the field of diplomacy, at least for a non-commercial point of view, there were no huge expectations as it was mostly a visit of courtesy.

Zhuldyz wore a silk evening dress enlivened with bright and detailed flashes of turquoise, yellow, and red, along a black-and-white jacket. However, she was curious to personally meet the Clysperis head of state, if there was such a chance, and to witness some of the feats in development and infraestructures that the hosts were so willing to show to the world.