Author Topic: The Kingdom and the Commonwealth (Nis and Lechia)  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
The Kingdom and the Commonwealth (Nis and Lechia)
« on: June 21, 2022, 11:58:18 PM »
Dear, King Jozef of Lechia

I am delighted to formally invite you to the White Palace of Nis to discuss the diplomatic brotherhood between our two nations. Our nations share a proud history together, from my father to his father, and now hopefully that history of cooperation and brotherhood between us will be carried on by me. We have many things that we can offer each other, and working together will benefit both of us.

I will be delighted to receive you, and we are sure your stay in Nis will be as comfortable as it is back home.
Your Sincerely,
His Most Blessed Majesty Stefan Basil the Fourth, by the Grace of God, King of Niš, King of the Nišavians, the Blitkens, the Aleksijanci, the Tračani, the Iliri, the Visines and the Basnions, Guardian of the Church, Protector of His People.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:17:40 PM by Geo »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: The Kingdom and the Commonwealth
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 12:09:30 AM »
To the Blessed King Basil IV of Niš,

I am pleased to receive your welcome and at the earliest convenience, I shall with great haste pay you a visit. Any ally during the Patriotic War is worth such hospitality, even if our relationship hasn't always been easy. Nonetheless, it is my hope that the economic ties that were left damaged by war will be restored in the days and weeks to come, not only for my sake and the sake of my people, but for the region as a whole. I thank you for such generosity, and in turn I would offer such in turn, should the need ever arise.

Sincerely,
His Royal Majesty, Jozef IV Korecki, By the Grace of God, King of Lechia, Litva, and Ruthenia, Defender of the Faith and Lord Protector of the Commonwealth

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:53 PM »
Basil waited at the top of the White Palace steps. The car Jozef had been ferried from the airport in smoothly sailed up the drive. Soldiers in dress uniform stood to attention, making a path way from the drive up to the stairs. To the left of Basil stood one of Jozef's servants, sent ahead he stood there with the flag of Lechia, whilst to Basil's left stood his own standard bearer.

A herald read out the arriving king's Style: "Presenting, His Royal Majesty, Jozef IV Korecki, By the Grace of God, King of Lechia, Litva, and Ruthenia, Defender of the Faith and Lord Protector of the Commonwealth."

Basil stood, patientally, as he waited for his guest to up the stairs. He had been yet to receive another king, and he was unsure on how to greet him. So he had turned to his mother, asking her to recount how his father greeted other royalty. He'd attempted to duplicate what he'd been told as best he could, but he was worried he'd somehow made a mistake. But he tried not to worry. Confidence was the key to charisma, and charisma was vitally needed for diplomacy.

As Jozef rounded up the stairs, Basil stepped forwards to shake his hand.

"It is good to meet you, your majesty. This meeting has been long overdue. Welcome to Nis. I trust you have eaten? If not, we can arrange a light lunch before we talk diplomacy?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 10:49:09 PM »
Jozef was unsurprised by the pomp of the ceremony, after all, he had made many such visits in the decades he had spent in office. Admittedly, he was surprised by how low-key it was, after all, compared to some arrival ceremonies this seemed, dare he say it, somewhat low-key. Just how he liked it. Accepting his Nišavian counterpart's offer of a handshake, the elder monarch felt glad to finally meet him not as simply a Prince of Niš, but as its king. He had considered his father a close friend, after all, so it was good to see his heir was starting to adjust to his new position.
   "As it is to meet you again, your Majesty." Jozef spoke in a modulated voice, full of life even in spite of his certainly less-than-stellar health. "As for whether I have eaten, I had the chance to do so while on the plane, though I thank you for the offer nonetheless. I'd rather we, provided it isn't inconvenient to you, get straight to business." He continued, though not before his counterpart had concluded what he had to say first. To tell the truth, he had since a young age had been of a mind to handle work before pleasantries, better to view it as a reward for a hard day's work. From what he could gather, his host was certainly not that way, instead choosing formality and tradition first, which was respectable. Many monarchs and Heads of State the world over were like that. If it was what he wanted, then Jozef would be willing to work around that.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom and the Commonwealth (Nis and Lechia)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 02:41:40 PM »
Basil nodded and turned to the palace doors, subtly gesturing down the corridor. He was mildly annoyed at the skipping straight into the business; he himself had not yet eaten and was looking forwards to lunch. But he didn't let his annoyance show on his face or in his body expression. He respected his older counterpart's drive on work.

"Of course, straight to business we shall go," he lead the way into the palace. He lead the entourage to the palace's study, where the diplomacy of the nation oft took place. The room was lined with bookshelves, and a desk stood in a corner. A table, large and oval shaped, stood in the centre, chairs for a dozen people drawn up. A tablet was placed in the centre, along with a pad of paper and a mug filled with pens. A jug full of water stood in the centre, ice and lemons floating on the surface. One wall was panelled, a painting of the battle of Kosvow hanging above a lit fire place. Opposite, a window opened out into a garden, a cherry blossom tree, imported from Daito in the 1980s, sitting happily in prime view. (OOC note, this description has been taken from the Nis-Samantra thread, since I couldn't top my own description of the room, hope you don't mind :) )

Basil picked up a notebook, and took a seat at the head of the table, beckoning his guests to follow suite.

"So," he said, "today, in this meeting, I'd like to discuss a few things. The first and most important is the situation with Skalvia. I understand that in the recent war you were victorious, however I would like to understand how things stand between the two of you in the modern day."