Author Topic: One Hand Washes The Other (Nis and Chistopol)  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
One Hand Washes The Other (Nis and Chistopol)
« on: June 23, 2022, 11:18:07 PM »
To King Kārlis IV of Chistopol,

It has come to my attention that our nations, that of Nis and Chistopol, have, despite being geopolitical neighbours, had had only limited interactions in recent times. I wish to correct this issue. There is much our two nations have to discuss, from regional concerns to global concerns, with everything from Rodina to SUN. As such, I wish to cordially invite you to the White Palace in Nis, so that ties between us may be created. You can never have too many friends.

I will be delighted to receive you, and we are sure that your stay in Nis will be just as comfortable as your home in Chitopol.
Your Sincerely,
His Most Blessed Majesty Stefan Basil the Fourth, by the Grace of God, King of Niš, King of the Nišavians, the Blitkens, the Aleksijanci, the Tračani, the Iliri, the Visines and the Basnions, Guardian of the Church, Protector of His People.

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
Re: One Hand Washes The Other (Nis and Chistopol)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 09:17:50 PM »

To:- His Most Blessed Majesty King Stefan Basil.

I would be delighted to take you up on this invitation. Please expect a delegation consisting of myself, First Minister Darijus Laine and my youngest son Prince Motiejus to arrive at your earliest convenience. We are hopeful of positive outcomes from this visit.

Best Wishes

King Karlis of Chistopol.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 12:40:09 AM »
Anton Kynev, Royal Diplomat, stood waiting at the steps of the White Palace. The King was busy, occupied with personal business that had left Kynev as his representative in this occasion. He had spent the week going over the history and culture of Chistopol, after all, he didn't wish to self-sabotage the talks by accidentally causing offence. He was tall, squarish, with a heavy brow and dark hair.

As the Chistopolian delegation drove into the driveway of the White Palace, he straightened his tie. They stepped out the car, and Kynev walked forwards to greet them.

He shook firmly the hand of the prince and then of the First Minister Laine. Though he had no grievances with public servants, royalty always came first in the order of respect he offered.

"I hope the trip over was not unpleasant? Would refreshments be agreeable, or would you prefer to get into discussions immediately?"

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 09:28:02 PM »
Thankfully this was not a long trip and so the awkward small talk between the trio hadn't been too long. Darijus apologised for needing to sleep for most of the journey and that had left the King and his son to chat without the need for including the First Minister. Having arrived at White Palace it was Prince Motiejus who exited the car first followed by Darijus, both men bowed respectfully to Kynev before the Prince opened the other door for his father while Darijus offered a hand of support for the 90 year old monarch. While Laine may advocate for Chistopol becoming a Republic at some point he realised the symbolism that Karlis represented to the general public and he personally respected the old man who resolutely waved away both men's offers of help. He approached Kynev his black polished cane with silver leopards head topper clasped in his left hand and clicking on the ground as he walked. He shook hands with Kynev, "Thank you for the invitation." he added. He waited for his son and FIrst Minister to make their own introductions and then tottered off after their host. "A cup of coffee would be lovely" the King replied, "maybe a bit of a catch up about the going ons in Nis, maybe an update on King Basil and then we can take matters from there."